Dog owners are much happier than cat owners, survey finds

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  2 months ago  •  214 comments

Dog owners are much happier than cat owners, survey finds

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The well-respected survey that’s been a barometer of American politics, culture and behavior for more than four decades finally got around to the question that has bedeviled many a household.

Dog or cat?

In 2018, the General Social Survey for the first time included a battery of questions on pet ownership. The findings not only quantified the nation’s pet population — nearly 6 in 10 households have at least one —they made it possible to see how pet ownership overlaps with all sorts of factors of interest to social scientists.

Like happiness.

AMPJPGCMXJBDZPSK4EM42NY32Y.png

For starters, there is little difference between pet owners and non-owners when it comes to happiness, the survey shows. The two groups are statistically indistinguishable on the likelihood of identifying as “very happy” (a little over 30 percent) or “not too happy” (in the mid-teens).

But when you break the data down by pet type — cats, dogs or both — a stunning divide emerges: Dog owners are about twice as likely as cat owners to say they’re very happy, with people owning both falling somewhere in between.

Dog people, in other words, are slightly happier than those without any pets. Those in the cat camp, on the other hand, are significantly less happy than the pet-less. And having both appears to cancel each other out happiness-wise. (Since someone’s bound to ask, it isn’t possible to do this same type of analysis for say, rabbit owners or lizard owners or fish owners, since there aren’t enough of those folks in the survey to make a statistically valid sample).

These differences are quite large: The happiness divide between dog and cat owners is bigger than the one between people who identify as middle and upper class, and nearly as large as the gap between those who say they’re in “fair” versus “good or excellent” health.

However, correlation doesn’t equal causation, and there are probably a number of other differences between dog and cat owners that account for some of the differences. The General Social Survey data show that dog owners, for instance, are more likely to be married and own their own homes than cat owners, both factors known to affect happiness and life satisfaction.

Previous research on this topic yielded mixed results. In 2006, the Pew Research Center found no significant differences in happiness between pet owners and non-pet owners, or cat and dog owners. However, that survey did not distinguish between people who owned “only” a dog or a cat, and those who owned “either” a dog or a cat, potentially muddying the distinctions between exclusive dog and cat owners.

A 2016 study of dog and cat owners, on the other hand, yielded greater happiness ratings for dog owners relative to cat people. It attributed the contrast, at least in part, to differences in personality: Dog owners tended to be more agreeable, more extroverted and less neurotic than cat owners. And a 2015 study linked the presence of a cat in the home to fewer negative emotions, but not necessarily an increase in positive ones.

Research also has shown that dog owners are more likely than other folks to form friendships with people in their neighborhoods on the basis of the random encounters that happen when they’re out walking their pets. Those social connections likely contribute to greater well-being among dog owners.

The General Social Survey also asked a number of questions about how people interact with their pets, and the answers may also explain some of the happiness gap. Dog owners, for instance, are more likely to seek comfort from their pet in times of stress, more likely to play with their pet, and more likely to consider their pet a member of their family. Those differences suggest a stronger social bond with their pets, which could create a greater sense of well-being.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Find text within the comments Find 

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ    2 months ago

Most people learn this when they are young. Every neighborhood has that house, you know where the angry lady with 20 cat's lives.

XDm9mm
1.1  XDm9mm  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @1    2 months ago
you know where the angry lady with 20 cat's lives.

Damn.....   you'd be angry too if you had to deal with the stench of cat's pissing and shitting all over.

At least dogs can get house broken and trained to go outside and unlike cats not think the whole damn house is just one huge litter box.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1    2 months ago

OK, so like obviously you have never owned a cat. A cat makes in a litter box, always. Dogs pee on your floor, and carpeting when you miss their walk time. 

sandy-2021492
1.1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.1    2 months ago

My cat is an indoor/outdoor cat.  He never pees in the house, and he goes far away from the house before he'll do his business.  My dog wets the floor if he gets too excited, and poops right next to the flower beds.

XDm9mm
1.1.3  XDm9mm  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.1    2 months ago
OK, so like obviously you have never owned a cat.

Does three at the same time count?  Plus a two dogs, a guinea pig, cockatiel and a turtle?  

A cat makes in a litter box, always.

Except when it doesn't or decides to mark it's territory by 'spraying'.

Dogs pee on your floor, and carpeting when you miss their walk time. 

Very honestly, I NEVER had that happen.  Ok, while training a puppy he/she had accidents, but that stopped when training was completed.  But we DID have the occasional accident when they got excited and had a little 'excitement piddle'.

The Magic Eight Ball
1.1.4  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.2    2 months ago
My cat is an indoor/outdoor cat

same here. mine kicks the door with his back leg when he has to go out to do his business or drive the neighbor's dog nuts for a few hrs... it's his thing.

and 

I am always in a good mood... but maybe that is just the lead paint chips I ate as a child.  

sandy-2021492
1.1.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @1.1.4    2 months ago
mine kicks the door

Mine scratches at the door.  It's glass, so he doesn't damage it, but it's never clean for more than a few hours.

He also scratches at the door when his food bowl is empty.

If I'm asleep and scratching at the door doesn't work, he does happy paws on my face.  That works every time.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.3    2 months ago
Except when it doesn't or decides to mark it's territory by 'spraying'.

That means you didn't neuter your male cat young enough. I have had nothing but male cats my whole life and none of them ever sprayed or made out of the litter box. 

As for our dogs, we never had one that didn't make an accident, even with wee wee pads around. Not that it made us mad since that is part of pet ownership. But both dogs and cats can present with cleaning up problems. I will say that Wally will hack up a fur ball. Ick!

We had a guinea pig and parakeets and rabbits, hampsters and one big white duck. As you can see, I am a big animal lover. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @1.1.4    2 months ago
I am always in a good mood... but maybe that is just the lead paint chips I ate as a child.  

LMAO. 

We tried to put Wally into our bedroom when we have company but he jumps up and grabs the latch doorknob and opens the door. He quite smart.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.5    2 months ago
If I'm asleep and scratching at the door doesn't work, he does happy paws on my face.  That works every time.

LOL, Wally does that, too. And if he's really desperate, he licks my lips. blech. That will get me out of bed. He's my alarm clock. 

sandy-2021492
1.1.9  sandy-2021492  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.6    2 months ago
I will say that Wally will hack up a fur ball. Ick!

I need to replace the carpet in my bedroom.  Not because either the cat or dog had a bathroom accident there, but because some of the dyes in cat food will NOT come out, and the cat never manages to throw up on the hardwood or tile floors.  Always the carpet.  The folks who sold me the house had their own little zoo, so why they installed off-white carpet is beyond me.

sandy-2021492
1.1.10  sandy-2021492  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.8    2 months ago

I used to have a cat who would go from scratching at the covers, to licking our eyelids, to biting our earlobes.  No sleeping in allowed.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.11  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.9    2 months ago

Sandy,

We have had the same problem with removing the stains from the cat food. And you are right, the never throw up on the hardwood floor. Only the carpeting. And yes, we have that off white carpeting that now has to be replaced. There is carpeting that is stain resistant and don't get a berbur carpet. Those loops make clean up a nightmare.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.10    2 months ago
I used to have a cat who would go from scratching at the covers, to licking our eyelids, to biting our earlobes.  No sleeping in allowed.

LOL.. kind of like this:

sandy-2021492
1.1.13  sandy-2021492  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.12    2 months ago

That's my Todd!  He was a good cat, though, and I miss him.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.1.14  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.11    2 months ago

I just got rid off all carpet including closets with well um tile that looks like wood. It's vomit and nail resistant.

The Magic Eight Ball
1.1.15  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.7    2 months ago
he jumps up and grabs the latch doorknob and opens the door.

my first cat miniature siamese "suki" did the same

she also played fetch... errrr, ummmm, I mean, she taught me to play throw on demand and she would demand over and over for hrs on end. and I kept throwing...  I'm such a good boy 

sandy-2021492
1.1.16  sandy-2021492  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @1.1.15    2 months ago
she also played fetch

The cat who bit my earlobes did the same.  His favorite was a wadded up piece of paper.  We'd throw it, he'd chase it and bring it back and drop it right in our hands.

We had hardwood floors in that apartment, and his chase would end with a slide into a wall nose first.  I actually had to take him to the vet because his nose swelled up.  I though maybe he'd been stung by something, but then the vet asked what kind of floors we had.  Oh.  Antibiotics, and all throws had to end well short of any walls.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.17  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.16    2 months ago

Wally also plays fetch. He has a favorite ball. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.18  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.13    2 months ago

Sorry for your loss. 

sandy-2021492
1.1.19  sandy-2021492  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.18    2 months ago

Thank you.

With being blessed by good cats and dogs comes saying goodbye to good cats and dogs.  It always hurts, but the time we have with them is always worth it.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.1.20  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.17    2 months ago

Can we get subtitles?

Raven Wing
1.1.21  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.1    2 months ago
OK, so like obviously you have never owned a cat

So easy to tell, ain't it. I have had both dogs and cats and loved them both dearly. But, cats have always been my favorite. They may be independent, but, that in itself is a plus for me. They don't have to be entertained, walked in all types of weather. However, one of the dogs we got as a puppy learned to use the little box along with the cat and her kittens. He would sit in line and take his turn in the litter box. Although, Momma cat was distressed that he did not over his business. Even after the dog was old enough to go outside he would squat to pee. It wasn't until  a friend of my parents brought their male dog to visit that our dog first saw another dog lift his leg to pee. After that day, our dog nearly wore himself out trying to learn to lift his leg to pee. (grin)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.22  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.19    2 months ago

I agree Sandy... the love we get is worth it in the end. But it's so hard to say good-bye. And I am only allowed one at a time, due to Matt's allergies. 

devangelical
1.1.23  devangelical  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.22    2 months ago

let the cat vote

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.24  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  devangelical @1.1.23    2 months ago

Good Idea! Matt could lose. 

TTGA
1.1.25  TTGA  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.19    2 months ago

We're facing the same thing now Sandy.  We have a cat and two dogs.  The Bichon, Stuart (named after Stuart Little, who was also small and white) has been with us for almost 20 years.  I expected him to go during the winter but he made it through by not going outside.  It meant some clean up in the house but we weren't going to put him outside in that cold.  He wouldn't have made it.  He's not getting around very well.  I think that he had a stroke since his right hind leg isn't working well, so we carry him around.  No sign of pain so he'll go naturally when he's ready. 

We also have a Schnauzer named Bryzzo (born in 2016 just after the World Series and my wife and daughter are both Cubs fans, so he got named after the two players who ended Game 7).  Our cat is named Purry.  Originally it was Moose, until we found out that it was a girl cat, so my granddaughter changed the name.

Technically, I don't own any of them.  The two dogs are totally devoted to my wife and daughter.  I have an agreement with them; they don't bite me and I don't bite them.  The cat is supposed to belong to my granddaughter.  She loves feeding Purry kitty treats but is, for some unknown reason, always gone when the time comes to clean out the litter box.  Do you think that might just be a coincidence???

sandy-2021492
1.1.26  sandy-2021492  replied to  TTGA @1.1.25    2 months ago

I'm sorry Stuart is having a rough time, and you with him.  Twenty years is quite a life for a dog, so you must have taken excellent care of him.  I'm glad he's not in pain.

It's funny how animals choose a favorite, isn't it?  When I was married, my ex and I had two cats.  The male preferred me, and ran to the bedroom as soon as I got home so he could jump on the bed where he was high enough to give me a hug.  The female preferred my ex and followed him everywhere.  She was usually very timid, but the rougher he played with her, the better she liked it.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.27  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.21    one month ago

Raven,

Of course, I know you have a cat! You have the cat group. I didn't realize I directed the question to you. 

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.1.28  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.27    one month ago

jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

Raven Wing
1.1.29  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.27    one month ago
I didn't realize I directed the question to you. 

I was just agreeing with you. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @1    2 months ago

All I can say is cat bigotry. We can find a survey to prove what we want to. 

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.2.1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2    2 months ago

Cat lives Matter, i can see it now.

Whatever you do, don't say all pets matter or the cat people really get upset.

r.t..b...
1.2.2  r.t..b...  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @1.2.1    2 months ago
don't say all pets matter or the cat people really get upset.

I see where you are headed... it's finscrimination! 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @1.2.1    2 months ago

Ha ha. 

All pets do matter. I have had parakeets that have been great buddies to me. 

This was Paulie. He could do tricks and say "Hello", and as you can see, he would hang with you. 

I miss him.

FLYNAVY1
1.2.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2    2 months ago

Cats are just assholes.....I submit video proof to backup my stance!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=video...+cats+are+assholes&qpvt=video...+cats+are+assholes&view=detail&mid=8076A7A85212FA32722B8076A7A85212FA32722B&&FORM=VRDGAR

sandy-2021492
1.2.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.2.4    2 months ago

I actually like cats because they're assholes.  They just don't care, and I love that about them.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.5    2 months ago

I have had both types of animals and I think it just depends on the animal...

But Fly is an obvious cat bigot. He needs to be punished, LOL!

btw.. video not working.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.2.7  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.3    2 months ago

Someone needs some lotion on their finger. Dry skin.....

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.2.8  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.5    2 months ago
I actually like cats because they're assholes

How many cats do you own?

jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Gordy327
1.2.9  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.5    2 months ago
I actually like cats because they're assholes.  They just don't care, and I love that about them.

That reminds me of a saying I heard once: People used to worship cats as gods and the cats never forgot it. jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @1.2.7    2 months ago

That would be the hubby. He has it all winter long. 

sandy-2021492
1.2.11  sandy-2021492  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @1.2.8    2 months ago

Just one currently, and one dog.

But we always had cats when I was growing up, and I've always had one or two cats during my adult life, too.

Actually, my current cat is a sweetheart to me.  He's not crazy about strangers, so he'll hide if I have visitors, but he's very loving toward family.  He's even patient with the dog, who can be a bit of an asshole to him.  The cat will put up with quite a bit of barking and chasing from the dog before taking a swat at his nose, and even then, he usually retracts his claws.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.2.12  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.11    2 months ago

Ok, adding Dog to the demographic profile Perrie makes me keep on site members.

Wheeew, close call....

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.2.13  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.10    2 months ago
That would be the hubby. He has it all winter long. 

Oh thank you I was really concerned there for a minute about the dry masculine hands. I was going to suggest my trick for beautiful hands, Palmolive. Yes I do dishes.....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2.14  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @1.2.13    2 months ago

Matt does the dishes, too... but he also shovels the snow.. which kind of drys out your hands. Not a job you have to do in Texas, LOL!

sandy-2021492
1.2.15  sandy-2021492  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @1.2.12    2 months ago

My avvie is my dog.  Doxie/Rottie mix.  Not sure who decided that was a good idea, but he's pretty darn cute.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.2.16  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.14    2 months ago

You've got to hydrate....it's the secret to beauty.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2.17  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.15    2 months ago

That is a pretty unique mix. 

Hey, what do you call a bulldog and Shizu mix?

sandy-2021492
1.2.18  sandy-2021492  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.17    2 months ago

Will I get in trouble for profanity answering that? jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Raven Wing
1.2.19  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.6    2 months ago
But Fly is an obvious cat bigot. He needs to be punished

Amen!!  jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.2.20  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Raven Wing @1.2.19    2 months ago

There have been some concerns the Cat Adorers group is plotting something. The aggressive Avatar switch to the saber toothed Tiger has many concerned.

I even had a nightmare about it the other night.

As one of the leaders of that group can you assure us we are in no danger?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2.21  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.18    2 months ago

LOL.. not if you spell it right. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

FLYNAVY1
1.2.22  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.6    2 months ago

I love cats.... they taste just like chicken.

YouTube.... type in "cats are assholes"

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2.23  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.2.22    2 months ago

Fly, you can be a mean, mean man. Funny, but mean. LOL!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2.24  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  r.t..b... @1.2.2    2 months ago
I see where you are headed... it's finscrimination! 

It always boils down to that! 

5c5e0bc734833eae603300302c4b4beb_fish-ca

TTGA
1.2.25  TTGA  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.2.22    2 months ago
I love cats.... they taste just like chicken.

According to a guy I once knew who was in Special Forces, EVERYTHING that swims, crawls or walks tastes like chicken; except, of course, the chicken served in Army mess halls.  No one is quite sure what that tastes like.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2.26  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  TTGA @1.2.25    one month ago

My dad, too. 

Trout Giggles
1.2.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  TTGA @1.2.25    one month ago

rubber

Trout Giggles
1.2.28  Trout Giggles  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @1.2.20    one month ago
There have been some concerns the Cat Adorers group is plotting something.

I already told you we're in a World Domination planning session

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.2.29  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.28    one month ago

I've heard there are whispering of get rid of all dogs and men.

Trout Giggles
1.2.30  Trout Giggles  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @1.2.29    one month ago

We'll keeping the dogs for amusement

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.2.31  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.30    one month ago

I'm transitioning to preserve my life.

Ed-NavDoc
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @1    2 months ago

Well, I own two cats and three dogs. Cats stay inside and dogs stal outside so I guess I got the best of both worlds.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.3.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3    2 months ago

You do indeed! 

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.3.2  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3    2 months ago

You have more dogs than cats, you get a pass.

JBB
2  JBB    2 months ago

My Puppy Boy is 9, diabetic and blind but he still makes me smile all of the time...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JBB @2    2 months ago

That's sweet. 

My Wally makes me happy. 

squiggy
2.1.1  squiggy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1    2 months ago

... and all this time that bastard has played conservative.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  squiggy @2.1.1    2 months ago

LOL!

Raven Wing
2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  JBB @2    2 months ago

My Yoda Girl makes me very happy. She is my Companion Cat and does her job very well. I am hearing impaired, and while I am fine when wearing a hearing aid, when I take it off my hearing is very low. She lets me know when there is something she thinks I need to check out. She is very loving and talks to me all the time. While she is independent, and only wants to be petted when she wants it, she is a great companion. 

Here's a picture of my Yoda Girl

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2    2 months ago

You Yoda Girl is very pretty. I love her mits

Raven Wing
2.2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.2.1    2 months ago

Thanks Perrie. jrSmiley_94_smiley_image.png

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.2.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.2    2 months ago

cartoon-orange-cat-with-two-paws-approve

JohnRussell
3  JohnRussell    2 months ago

I have never owned a cat and have always owned a dog. But just by observation it seems to me that dogs are seen as being more consciously interactive with their humans. That is the difference I think.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
3.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 months ago

I have had dogs that were friendly and dogs that were not. I can say the same with cats. I really think it just depends on the animal.

r.t..b...
4  r.t..b...    2 months ago

Dogs are country music, Cats are jazz. Give me Coltrane every time. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
4.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  r.t..b... @4    2 months ago

Nice comparison!

Kavika
4.2  Kavika   replied to  r.t..b... @4    2 months ago

No way. This is a doxie that has some smooth moves to the KING.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
4.2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @4.2    2 months ago

Too cute Kavika..

When do you send Wiki to dancing school?

Raven Wing
4.2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @4.2    one month ago

That is adorable. That Doxie is very well trained.....anything for a treat. jrSmiley_95_smiley_image.pngjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
5  Kavika     2 months ago

I'z a dog and a really good dog. We don't have any badgers in our yard (I'z a badger hunter) we have some donuts but I eat them as soon as Iz find one. 

Also I'm short but I'm long. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
5.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @5    2 months ago

Who could not love Wiki? 

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
5.1.1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1    2 months ago

Stand up Wiki stand up,  oh wait...you are!

TTGA
5.2  TTGA  replied to  Kavika @5    2 months ago
We don't have any badgers in our yard (I'z a badger hunter)

You don't have any elephants in your yard either.  That Wiki can take on anything.

Kavika
5.2.1  Kavika   replied to  TTGA @5.2    2 months ago
That Wiki can take on anything.

It's pretty amazing TTGA. She isn't called Wiki Warrior Wonder Wiener for nothing. 

Kavika
6  Kavika     2 months ago

I almost forgot, this is my buddy Zeus...He lives next door or any where he want's to. 

d05384260a4962bfc075167639752ae6.jpg

This is me, Wiki Warrior Wonder Wiener chasing a rhino out of our yard...I put the fear of Zeus into him.

main-rhino-dog.jpg

Kavika
6.1  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @6    2 months ago

This is my cuz, Luther Scares the Cow, (Indian Dog ya know)....

Ain't no cat that can do watz me and Zeus can do.

r.t..b...
6.2  r.t..b...  replied to  Kavika @6    2 months ago

I have to admit that is pretty cool. And what a yard you have, Kavika, mine is just guest to the occasional RINO.

Kavika
6.2.1  Kavika   replied to  r.t..b... @6.2    2 months ago

You should be around when Wiki and Zeus sing ''The Lion Sleeps Tonight''.....jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @6    2 months ago

Zeus is well named and looks a bit scary.

Kavika
6.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.3    2 months ago
Zeus is well named and looks a bit scary.

Actually other than the one time that he ate a mailman he's pretty laid back. 

r.t..b...
6.3.2  r.t..b...  replied to  Kavika @6.3.1    2 months ago
the one time that he ate a mailman

mmm...post toasties.

Ender
6.4  Ender  replied to  Kavika @6    2 months ago

I think Zeus has been hitting the steroids.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
7  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ    2 months ago

In the distance is Delgado, our Male Shepherd he's 11 and is showing the early signs of dementia.  Fanta is the one with the ball in her mouth. She carries a ball everywhere she goes and sleeps with it in her mouth. She's 6 and never lost her soft baby fur. We call her Fantabear. Sometimes i wake up to her screaming with the ball in her mouth in the middle of the night staring at me wanting to play ball. 

She loves to sleep upside down.

Kavika
7.1  Kavika   replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @7    2 months ago

Great photos and dogs, BF....Sleeps with a ball in her mouth...Too funny as is the up side down look.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
7.1.1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Kavika @7.1    2 months ago

She does in fact sleep in the bed.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
7.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @7.1.1    2 months ago

Very Cute!

FLYNAVY1
7.1.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kavika @7.1    2 months ago

My big bad hunting dog had a teddy bear that he always slept with.....

….until our first daughter was born. Then he stopped sleeping with the bear, and slept in her room under her crib.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
7.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @7    2 months ago

I love Sheps. I had one as a kid growing up, along with an Irish Setter and a Collie and 2 cats, 1 a stray bi-color and the other a Snowshoe like Wally.

My Wall's is such a sweetie. He makes me happy every day.

Kavika
7.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.2    2 months ago

Looks like Wally hasn't missed a meal in his life...LOL

FLYNAVY1
7.2.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kavika @7.2.1    2 months ago

Wally may have been Jabba the Hutt's understudy.....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
7.2.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @7.2.2    2 months ago

Wally is quite the plumpkin.... I can not deny. The funny thing is that he doesn't eat much, but he doesn't do much either. He's glued to my side most of the day. 

And Fly I might have to hit you for that comment about my baby boy, LOL! 

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
7.2.4  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.2.3    2 months ago

I'm calling CPS (Cat protective Services) that cat is being overfed.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
7.2.5  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Kavika @7.2.1    2 months ago

You can call him anything you want, just don't call him late for dinner.

Kavika
7.2.6  Kavika   replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @7.2.5    2 months ago

Wally wobbles he doesn't run. 

Wobble Wally, wobble. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
7.2.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @7.2.6    2 months ago

HEY!! Did you see the video of my boy playing fetch? That kitty can jump! 

FLYNAVY1
7.2.8  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.2.3    2 months ago

Whip me..... Beat me..... Call me Bad Fish!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
7.2.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @7.2.8    2 months ago
Whip me..... Beat me..... 

Kinky! I like that!

Call me Kavika!

But what shall I call Kavika then?

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
7.2.10  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.2.7    2 months ago

I did but you should add subtitles  I can't understand a thing said....

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
7.2.11  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @7.2.8    2 months ago

Why I always gotta take the blame?

Raven Wing
7.2.12  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.2    2 months ago

Wally is truly beautiful. I love his color variations. He looks very happy. jrSmiley_94_smiley_image.png

Raven Wing
7.2.13  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.2.9    2 months ago
But what shall I call Kavika then?

Kinky! But....very suave. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
8  Kavika     2 months ago

Wait, what!!! How did I get into this. Well since I am may I suggest that, ''Suave'' is quite fitting for me. 

Kavika
8.1  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @8    2 months ago

Are you aware that I was the 19 something ''Intercollegiate Ballroom Dancing Champion''....Talk about some moves. 

A absolutely true story. 

This is me doing some practice moves...I was a bit younger than. 

MUVA
8.1.1  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @8.1    2 months ago

check out some of these moves they are similar I think. 

Kavika
8.1.2  Kavika   replied to  MUVA @8.1.1    2 months ago

Hey those guys are pretty good MUVA...

Some competition .jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Raven Wing
8.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @8.1    2 months ago

Thems some very mean steps there Bro. Had me beating my drum in time with his steps on this end. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

sandy-2021492
9  sandy-2021492    2 months ago

A cease fire between my fur babies.  Casey is recovering from a deserved swat to the nose.

Kavika
9.1  Kavika   replied to  sandy-2021492 @9    2 months ago

LOL, too funny sandy. 

Kavika
10  Kavika     2 months ago

f26e084993bc2a724100b5f38f7f68dc--dog-me

Raven Wing
10.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @10    2 months ago

Ain't that the truth! jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

FLYNAVY1
10.1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Raven Wing @10.1    one month ago

It was the can opener for mine.....

Raven Wing
10.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @10.1.1    one month ago

Same here Fly. The brat could sleep through a tornado, but, start opening a can and they were instantly teleported to my side, salivating and ready to eat. 

1stwarrior
11  1stwarrior    2 months ago

We had five cats - Wolfie, Xyna, Poupon, Jaguar and Griselda.  A year ago, we had to put Poupon down due to cancer throughout the skull.  Didn't think I'd get over it, but Kavika as going through basically the same thing with Annie - so his conversations helped a lot.  My decision was not to get another for myself.

So, in August, after a fabulous game of flog (think I made 1 par and 17 bogies), came home and Audra and Vicky (wife & daughter) told me I had to go into my office 'cause a box arrived and they couldn't open it.

Well, I did - and there was Dark Vader - 8 weeks old and already climbing to get to my chest to sleep.  Unfortunately, the only pic I have is a 24 sec video that won't down load.

Next day, 'nuther fabulous game of flog (5 pars, 1 birdie and 12 bogies), 'nuther box they couldn't open - which I did - and there was Sky, my seal point who refuses to leave me alone.

Best I can offer is a pic from yesterday of the two "Guard" cats at my desk and computer.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
11.1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  1stwarrior @11    2 months ago

Oh now this was unexpected.

Angry cat guy breaking stigmas..

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
11.2  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @11    2 months ago

LOL, two ''guard cats''.....Too funny.

Raven Wing
11.3  Raven Wing  replied to  1stwarrior @11    2 months ago

Two beauties, 1st. jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
11.3.1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Raven Wing @11.3    2 months ago

Would it be possible to get 1st Warrior admission to the cat adorers group?

It's time to open the group to all genders.

Raven Wing
11.3.2  Raven Wing  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @11.3.1    one month ago

BF, if 1st wants to be a Member of the cat Group he is most welcome. All he, or anyone else needs to do is request to join. They will be most welcome to share their kitty(s with us there too.

Ender
12  Ender    2 months ago

I call discrimination. No pigs or ferrets in the list.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
12.1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Ender @12    2 months ago

Arkansas Hermit hasn't commented yet, we may get a ferret.

Be patient

Kavika
13  Kavika     2 months ago

This is Amos our resident armadillo when we lived in Missouri. He was pretty cool and didn't bother anyone or anything. Very happy to live on the far side of the house in his little garden where I built him a ''Amos House''....

I told the people that purchased our house that Amos came with the house and was no trouble. Here he is rummaging for grubs.  

Raven Wing
13.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @13    2 months ago

Having known Kavika for some time, Wiki, Annie, Amos and Tex became part of my own family. (grin)

Kavika
13.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Raven Wing @13.1    2 months ago

Don't forget Rocky our resident groundhog...He was a hoot, and loved grapes. 

Raven Wing
13.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @13.1.1    2 months ago
Don't forget Rocky our resident groundhog..

Thank you for the reminder about Rocky.He did a lot of underground excavating as well. (grin)

Kavika
13.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Raven Wing @13.1.2    2 months ago

LOL, he truly did a bit of excavation and Tex would get pissed at him because of the holes in Tex pasture that Rocky dug.  

Raven Wing
13.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @13.1.3    2 months ago
and Tex would get pissed at him

LOLOL!!!  Ohhh Lawd have Mercy!! Good thing Rocky could hide underground. No one in their right mind would want to piss of Tex. Especially, with them horns! jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_85_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

KDMichigan
13.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Kavika @13    2 months ago

When I was living in Mississippi and had been there so long the locals started calling me a Damn Yankee I had a Armadillo rooting around my camper, They run fast. 

Kavika
13.2.1  Kavika   replied to  KDMichigan @13.2    2 months ago
They run fast. 

Yes hey do and they hop as well. It's funny as heck to see them hop....

KDMichigan
13.2.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Kavika @13.2.1    2 months ago

I was under the impression I could run it down. I just wanted to meet him. 

I've been known to grab a wild coon by the nape of the neck to remove them out of attics. 

Kavika
13.2.3  Kavika   replied to  KDMichigan @13.2.2    2 months ago

LOL, the visual of you trying to run down a armadillo is funny. They are fast little guys and great hoppers. 

You miss your grab at a raccoon and they sink those teeth into you, you damn sure remember that for a long time. Hopefully no rabies.

Freefaller
13.2.4  Freefaller  replied to  Kavika @13.2.3    one month ago
You miss your grab at a raccoon and they sink those teeth into you, you damn sure remember that for a long time. Hopefully no rabies.

Lol did that once, it got me deep and I bled like a stuck pig.  Given it was almost 40 years ago now I'd say I'm safe from the rabies

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
13.3  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Kavika @13    2 months ago

Armadillo on the half shell, now that's what a table saw is for....

Kavika
13.3.1  Kavika   replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @13.3    2 months ago

Amos is sharpening his claws after that comment BF.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
13.3.2  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Kavika @13.3.1    2 months ago

LoL..

I have an employee from Mexico that tried to get me to try armadillo soup.

Um no thank you, they carry leprosy

Buzz of the Orient
14  Buzz of the Orient    2 months ago

I had to quit reading these stories - brought back how much I miss my Fidget.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
14.1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @14    2 months ago

Post a pic Buzz and celebrate Fidget.

Kavika
14.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @14.1.1    2 months ago

Buzz the link isn't any good. It says, ''not found''.

sandy-2021492
14.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Kavika @14.1.2    2 months ago

It works for me.  There are pics of a very pretty tuxedo cat who looks to be full of curiosity.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
14.1.4  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  sandy-2021492 @14.1.3    2 months ago

The picture is posted in a private group  the cat adorers, so if you are not  a member you cannot see it.

Kavika
14.1.6  Kavika   replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @14.1.4    2 months ago

Oh, that's the problem. Thanks BF.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
14.1.7  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Kavika @14.1.6    2 months ago

No problem. I look dumber than I really am.....

Raven Wing
14.1.8  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @14.1.2    2 months ago

Hold on, I'll see if I can post it here...

Raven Wing
14.1.9  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @14.1.2    2 months ago

Kavika, see if this will post...

Fidget

Buzz of the Orient
14.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @14.1.9    2 months ago

Thanks RW.  I should have realized it was a private group and I shouldn't have posted the link.  A couple more photos:

Fidget finds a friend:

Kavika
14.1.11  Kavika   replied to  Raven Wing @14.1.9    2 months ago

Thanks RW, great photo of Fidget. 

Kavika
14.1.12  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @14.1.10    2 months ago

Great photos Buzz. Fidget is a beauty. 

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
14.1.13  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Kavika @14.1.12    one month ago

Great photography too.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
15  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ    2 months ago

Alright let's see your furry companions!

Post em.....

pat wilson
16  pat wilson    2 months ago

Here's my handsome boy...512

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
16.1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  pat wilson @16    2 months ago

Beautiful cat Pat.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
16.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @16.1    2 months ago

He is very handsome. I was not aware he was a long hair till now. 

pat wilson
16.2  pat wilson  replied to  pat wilson @16    2 months ago

And he's a rock hound (or cat)

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
16.2.1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  pat wilson @16.2    2 months ago

It looks like the rock was made for him.

pat wilson
16.2.2  pat wilson  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @16.2.1    2 months ago

How he could rest his head and neck crystal points, I'll never know...

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
16.2.3  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  pat wilson @16.2.2    2 months ago

It looks like the crystal is shaped to accommodate his head and its probably nice and cool.

1stwarrior
16.3  1stwarrior  replied to  pat wilson @16    2 months ago

Pat - we got twins :-)

pat wilson
16.3.1  pat wilson  replied to  1stwarrior @16.3    2 months ago

Lol, yes but yours is sleek, mine is muppet-like.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
16.3.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  pat wilson @16.3.1    2 months ago

1st,

Your guys are so cute!

My daughter just got sibs too!

pat wilson
16.3.3  pat wilson  replied to  pat wilson @16.3.1    2 months ago

Is your cat a young Maine Coon ?

pat wilson
16.3.4  pat wilson  replied to  pat wilson @16.3.3    2 months ago

Asking 1st

1stwarrior
16.3.5  1stwarrior  replied to  pat wilson @16.3.3    one month ago

No darn it - BUT - Momma sez when the population dwindles, a Maine Coon is top priority. jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gifWe'll see.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
16.3.6  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  1stwarrior @16.3    one month ago

Fancy, your cat wears a belt?

Raven Wing
16.4  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @16    2 months ago

Oh my....he is indeed a handsome boy. Love the luscious fur.

pat wilson
16.4.1  pat wilson  replied to  Raven Wing @16.4    2 months ago

Thank you RW, I love his fur but it can get gnarly with knots at times.

Kavika
17  Kavika     2 months ago

This is a photo of a very rare breed. The American Indian Dog...there are around 900 in the US and were thought to be extinct but some survived and are now bred in Oregon by Kim LaFlame of Song Dog kennels. 

These dogs are powerful, fast and incredible endurance. The need room to run and require a strong leader. They will usually weight between 45 and 75 lbs and come in a multitude of colors. They life expectancy is 15 to 18 years and are extremely healthy dogs. 

They ARE NOT PART WOLF OR COYOTE.

ghost.jpg

They eyes can be from brown to amber to blue or any combination. That is the most striking feature they have. 

Kavika
17.1  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @17    2 months ago

A few others. 

5_year_old_male_dark_brown_sable.jpg

post-14518-1229145212.jpg

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
17.1.1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Kavika @17.1    2 months ago

Excellent Kavika

That is a majestic and beautiful animal. Their life expectancy is truly amazing for a canine

I am assuming they were common before the Europeans arrived?

That has to at some point mean we had indigenous wild dogs in north America?

Kavika
17.1.2  Kavika   replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @17.1.1    2 months ago
I am assuming they were common before the Europeans arrived?

Yes they were BF. They were used a guard dogs, baby sitters, pulling travios, hunting and as war dogs. 

That has to at some point mean we had indigenous wild dogs in north America?

That is true BF... There is still one pack of wild dogs called the Carolina dog...

There is a link to more information and studies on them. 

http://www.indiandogs.com/

Actually there were still  American Indian dog into the early 1940's. I have a photo of one taken with my grandfather in the around 1910. 

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
17.1.3  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Kavika @17.1.2    2 months ago

Awesome, I'm going to research that. I've never heard of indigenous dogs in north America but the again we don't really do a good job on that subject do we?

Every other continent has wild dogs it makes logical sense.

pat wilson
17.1.4  pat wilson  replied to  Kavika @17.1    2 months ago

I wonder why they evolved with pale eyes.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
17.1.5  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  pat wilson @17.1.4    2 months ago

Because they had to look at pasty Europeans.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
17.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @17.1.5    2 months ago

LOL.. good one!

Kavika
17.1.7  Kavika   replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @17.1.5    2 months ago
Because they had to look at pasty Europeans.

But, but.

Kavika
17.1.8  Kavika   replied to  pat wilson @17.1.4    2 months ago
I wonder why they evolved with pale eyes.

Good question pat, I have no idea at all. 

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
17.1.9  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Kavika @17.1.7    one month ago

Exactly.....lol

Uptownchick
18  Uptownchick    one month ago

Casey, top...Sammy, the big orange one (well over 30 lbs. now!) and Zoey, in front, of course!

Uptownchick
18.1  Uptownchick  replied to  Uptownchick @18    one month ago

This was Sammy 9 years ago...about 2 1/2 lbs. then. He grew up!

Uptownchick
18.1.1  Uptownchick  replied to  Uptownchick @18.1    one month ago

256Here's a better close-up of Zoey. Her coloring is so vivid.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
18.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Uptownchick @18.1.1    one month ago

She's so pretty! And a calico. They are pretty rare. 

Raven Wing
18.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Uptownchick @18.1.1    one month ago

Zoey is beautiful. I've had 4 Calicos over the years, each one a variation of color patterns. Calicos are said to bring good luck. One of my Calicos had six toes on her front paws. I called her Twinkle Toes. 

Kavika
18.2  Kavika   replied to  Uptownchick @18    one month ago

I think that you forgot to post the photo Uppy. Time for more coffee...LOL

Uptownchick
18.2.1  Uptownchick  replied to  Kavika @18.2    one month ago

Your turn to supply the coffee...that's my problem! Hop to it!

sandy-2021492
18.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Uptownchick @18    one month ago

Your first pic isn't showing up for me.  The one of Sammy 9 years ago does, though, and he was beautiful!

Uptownchick
18.3.1  Uptownchick  replied to  sandy-2021492 @18.3    one month ago

Thanks Sandy! I think I fixed it!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
18.3.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Uptownchick @18.3.1    one month ago

Great brood you have there. What a variety of colors. One of every flavor. 

Uptownchick
18.3.3  Uptownchick  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @18.3.2    one month ago

Thanks Perrie! My multi-cultural fur-babies! They are quite the motley crew! Three very different personalities.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
18.3.4  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Uptownchick @18.3.3    one month ago

Underneath the fur my dogs are pink.

Kavika
19  Kavika     one month ago

Smile everyone, it's Monday.....

American-Pitbull-Funny-Pic.jpg

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
19.1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Kavika @19    one month ago

Kavika
19.1.1  Kavika   replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @19.1    one month ago

LOL, perfect.

Trout Giggles
21  Trout Giggles    one month ago

256256My owners King Stubby and Queen Tasha

Kavika
21.1  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @21    one month ago

Now there is a pair to draw to....

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
21.1.1  seeder  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Kavika @21.1    one month ago

The one on the right looks like she doesn't like me.

Trout Giggles
21.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @21.1.1    one month ago

Don't feel special, she doesn't like anybody. She only loves me

Kavika
21.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @21.1.2    one month ago

173948-Pit-Bull-Cuddling-With-A-Cat.jpg

Trout Giggles
21.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @21.1.3    one month ago

Awwww

Raven Wing
21.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @21.1.3    one month ago

How sweet is that! They are real cuddle buddies. jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

sandy-2021492
21.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Trout Giggles @21    one month ago

Stubby looks a bit...evil.

Trout Giggles
21.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @21.2    one month ago

lol

he can be. He didn't want to take care of that big damned spider on the front porch this morning. I think that's evil

Kavika
22  Kavika     one month ago

05f435cc52fffedcc75da0c2fef0210f--funny-

Raven Wing
22.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @22    one month ago

Ohhh.....my....someone's in deep doggie doodoo. jrSmiley_29_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_85_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_51_smiley_image.gif