╌>

IRANIAN PLOT ON U.S. POSSIBLY THWARTED DUE TO ISRAELI INTELLIGENCE - REPORT

Category:  World News

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  50 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The information was handed to the US before National Security advisor John Bolton publicly said Iran will face “unrelenting force” if it attempts to harm the US.

BY HAGAY HACOHEN, JERUSALEM POST, MAY 7, 2019

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei meets with people of Qom, in Teheran, Iran, January 9, 2019.. (photo credit: REUTERS)

The United States received information from Israel concerning an alleged Iranian plot to attack American interests in the Gulf, Axios reported on Monday.  

National Security advisor John Bolton publicly warned on Sunday that Iran will face “unrelenting force” if it attempts to harm the US, in an unusual statement.  

In the same statement the US announced that it would deploy the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln to the region.

According to the report, intelligence provided by Israel's Mossad agency was at least part of  the reason for the warning and the move to deploy the aircraft carrier. The information was allegedly passed to a U.S. team headed by Bolton two weeks ago by an Israeli delegation led by national security adviser Meir Ben Shabbat.

It wasn't clear what Iran's plans would have been, but it might have attempted to hit a US target in the Gulf, or one of its allies in the region such as Saudi Arabia or UAE.  

Saying that “Iranian temperature is rising” due to US sanctions, an unnamed Israeli official said Iran is looking into attacking US interests in the Gulf.  

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

That's what friends are for.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

Thank God for Israel.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov @1.1    5 years ago

Amen on both counts! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    5 years ago

Hopefully our own intelligence (and these days I use that term very, very, lightly) agencies were able to verify what Mossad dug up.

No, I am not making excuses for the terrorist state of Iran.  Obama should have demanded that an end to their backing and training of all terrorist militias cease as a part of the nuclear deal.  Not that Iran could ever be trusted to follow through with that promise.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ronin2 @2    5 years ago

Our agencies are too busy Tilting at Windmills to be bothered with real National Security matters.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Sparty On @2.1    5 years ago

No arguments from me. They should be forced to remove the word "Intelligence" from any branch, or department, of the US government.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.1    5 years ago

Like Military Intelligence.

It is, most definitely, an Oxymoron.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    5 years ago

Very interesting current news ...... so since it hasn't happened yet i'm sure this will be picked at 6 & 11 by all major media outlets? ...... or not.  

Don't hold your breath for that one to happen.

Sad!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

Headline we will never see:

"IRANIAN PLOT ON U.S. POSSIBLY THWARTED DUE TO TRUMP INTELLIGENCE - REPORT"

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    5 years ago

Which has what to do with this article?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1    5 years ago

Absolutely nothing.

(deleted)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5  Split Personality    5 years ago

What happened to the people, including the President, who have been shouting down unnamed sources, as fake news for almost three years now?

This article goes one better with an unknown plan.

News flash!

Every day, every American and American interest is at risk in the ME, ESPECIALLY from Iran.

Standard Operating Procedure.

To quote Billy Graham, "Always be Vigilant".

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
5.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Split Personality @5    5 years ago

Fortunately we have calm, cool, level headed Trump to temper Bolton's hawkish instincts. 

lib50
Professor Silent
5.1.1  lib50  replied to  Dean Moriarty @5.1    5 years ago
Fortunately we have calm, cool, level headed Trump to temper Bolton's hawkish instincts. 

We are doomed.  I can't even read that with a straight face.  Although in this case, you may be right.  Or not.  But weird its a close call.  And scary as hell.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  lib50 @5.1.1    5 years ago

That which is scary here for you is comforting to me.

lib50
Professor Silent
5.1.3  lib50  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.2    5 years ago

Because Trump is so calm, cool and level headed?  Is that the comforting part?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  lib50 @5.1.3    5 years ago

[deleted]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  lib50 @5.1.3    5 years ago

No, because war is bad for Trump's world empire.  I trust Trump to do one thing, and one thing only, look out for his own self interests.

In this case his self interests are in line for what is best for the US.

So far he has been far less imperialistic than either Bush or especially Obama. No new wars started under Trump; and he has the hawks on both sides upset that he is talking about ending all major US military operations. My only problem with Trump in this respect is he hasn't already shut down Afghanistan (no amount of US money, blood, or sacrifice will ever turn it into a viable country); Iraq (why are we still supporting a government loyal to Iran?  One that doesn't represent two large minorities within it's own country?); and Syria (Sorry, ISIS/ISIL is no longer a major threat in that country. The Russians, Chinese, Irans, and Syrian government can handle it from here on out. Sorry, no Obama wet dream of a pro US regime being installed will ever happen.)

As for being doomed. We will survive Trump just like we survived the previous unqualified shitheads that held the office.  Sorry if Trump doesn't have a D behind his name. Next time don't let the Dems nominate an unconvicted criminal that is hated far more than Trump.

lib50
Professor Silent
5.1.6  lib50  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.5    5 years ago
Next time don't let the Dems nominate an unconvicted criminal that is hated

We'll leave that to the republicans.   Have fun.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @5    5 years ago

So obviously it's your preference that Israel not provide intelligence information from the exceptionally capable Mossad to the USA.  Have you built your fallout shelter yet?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2    5 years ago

I'll bet most Americans want to know how much Mossad knows about American business first. They spy on us more than the Russians and Chinese do.

Israeli government claims that it does not spy on the United States are intended for the media and popular consumption. The reality is that Israel’s intelligence agencies target the United States intensively, particularly in pursuit of military and dual-use civilian technology. Among nations considered to be friendly to Washington, Israel leads all others in its active espionage directed against American companies and the Defense Department. It also dominates two commercial sectors that enable it to extend its reach inside America’s domestic infrastructure: airline and telecommunications security. Israel is believed to have the ability to monitor nearly all phone records originating in the United States, while numerous Israeli air-travel security companies are known to act as the local Mossad stations.

True, it's an old article. But it's as true now as it was in 2010.

The warning that something is afoot in Iran, is about as good and detailed as their warning in 2001 that "hundreds of terrorists" were pouring into the US for "something big".

No fallout shelter Buzz.  I won't spend my last weeks or days hiding  in some hole.  Too old for that shit.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.1    5 years ago

We spy on our allies, too.

I don't believe anyone is shocked by that.

So what if Israel spies on us while we are doing the same thing, as is probably every major power?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.1    5 years ago
"The reality is that Israel’s intelligence agencies target the United States intensively, particularly in pursuit of military and dual-use civilian technology."

Evidence?  If not, then just opinion.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.4  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2.3    5 years ago

Iranians have been shouting "Death to America" for 50 years.

No news flash that they despise us and want to do something salacious.

Thanks for the heads up Mossod!

jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2.5  Ronin2  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.2    5 years ago

Unfortunately it is really a big game. Information is such a valuable commodity that every has to spy on everyone else. That especially means allies.

Seems the left has forgotten the huge stink during the Obama administration when it came out we were spying on literally everyone.  This is of course allowed, and even expected; but getting caught doing it is not acceptable- and drew the expected world wide condemnation. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @5    5 years ago

You really expected an article about an event Israeli intelligence discovers and informs us about to reveal sources and methods or put Israeli agents at risk?  We’re not talking about American democrats here....jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.3.1  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.3    5 years ago

It's from one of your approved sources, it must be true.

https://www. theamericanconservative. com/articles/mossad-in-america/

LOL

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.3.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @5.3.1    5 years ago

I don’t engage in approved sources.  That’s the purview of content control freaks and fans of censorship.  I don’t care for the Pat Buchanan and Michael Savage version of conservativism.  They are a bit too protectionist and way too xenophobic for me.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.3.2    5 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.3.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.3    5 years ago

Removed for context

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.3.5  katrix  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.3    5 years ago

What he means is that he doesn't engage in factual sources.  That's the purview of logical and rational people, and fans of the truth.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.3.6  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.3.4    5 years ago

[deleted]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Since this has turned into a pissing session I'm locking it for the (my) night. I'll reopen it for a while 9 or 10 hours from now.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

This seed is now unlocked so the pissing session that some post instead of intelligent comments can now resume.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    5 years ago

Have you found any more current info on this Buzz?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @7.1    5 years ago

No, and it's not likely.  Usually information concerning intelligence operations is not available.  I do recall an article from some time ago when Israel's intelligence agency advised the EU or a country in Europe of an impending terrorism plot, which prevented it from being carried out.  So such intelligence sharing is not so unusual.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8  bbl-1    5 years ago

Attack plots thwarted by Israeli INTEL. 

Perhaps.  Perhaps not.  The convenience of it all.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1  Split Personality  replied to  bbl-1 @8    5 years ago

Amen.  Trump will take credit for it, no doubt.

Or at the least, credit Bibi for

saving us from certain annihilation

with all of the military toys

Obama and past administrations have showered the nation of Israel with,

so that they could improve them and save the world.

/s

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Split Personality @8.1    5 years ago

Well said.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @8.1    5 years ago

Would you rather have the President refuse to acknowledge Israel's help or would you rather risk alienating Israel?

Why is Israel's help bad to you?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.2    5 years ago

Unless Israel becomes a state, why should we care?

They may as well be sending an alert to Texans that there is a perceived threat at the US-Mexican border.

With help like that we could hire Captain Obvious for the next DHS Director.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.3    5 years ago
Unless Israel becomes a state, why should we care?

Because Israel is our ally.

This isn't hard.

And to think that some folks were all up in arms because they felt Trump dissed some of our allies before!

LMFAO!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @8    5 years ago

Man, it must really chap some people that a terror attack was thwarted.

I know many wish for one for no other reason than to blame Trump for it.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2    5 years ago

What exactly was thwarted?

Please be specific.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @8.2.1    5 years ago

Did you read the article?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.2.3  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.2    5 years ago

I read the article.  Very accusatory.  Much the same as the WMD thing a decade and a half ago.  Nothing specific.  Accusations.  Just accusations.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.2.4  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.2    5 years ago

Yes did you?

The United States received information from Israel concerning an alleged Iranian plot to attack American interests in the Gulf, Axios reported on Monday.

The information was allegedly passed to a U.S. team headed by Bolton two weeks ago by an Israeli delegation led by national security adviser Meir Ben Shabbat.

It wasn't clear what Iran's plans would have been, but it might have attempted to hit a US target in the Gulf, or one of its allies in the region such as Saudi Arabia or UAE.

Saying that “Iranian temperature is rising” due to US sanctions, an unnamed Israeli official said Iran is looking into attacking US interests in the Gulf.

The specificity is absolutely stunning. /s

I thought "unnamed" sources were a no-no and "fakes news"?

When were they reinstated as now legitimate?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @8.2.4    5 years ago
Yes did you?

Sure did--which is why I asked you if you did, because someone who read and comprehended the article would not likely ask such a question.

I am not responsible for what you think.

When were they reinstated as now legitimate?

I never knew they were not legitimate. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.2.6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @8.2.4    5 years ago

Ever hear the expression "Better to be safe than sorry"?  Sorry it doesn't fit in with your opinion of Israel's Mossad.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.2.7  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @8.2.4    5 years ago

Wow! And you're a moderator?  The Jerusalem Post is rated "Least Biased" by Media Bias Fact Check.

By the way, I just read that a couple of oil tankers were attacked near Iran.