╌>

At Democrats’ Behest, Terrorist-Friendly Imam Gives Prayer In Congress

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  5 years ago  •  71 comments

At Democrats’ Behest, Terrorist-Friendly Imam Gives Prayer In Congress
As Rep. Lee Zeldin (R–NY) pointed out following Suleiman’s prayer, with regards to anti-Semitism, “You should be more sensitive to it, not less sensitive. You’re seeing a desensitizing right now that is hugely dangerous if that takes over more and more of the Democratic Party.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

MAY   15, 2019 By   Erielle Davidson

Last week, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D–CA) introduced Texas-based imam Omar Suleiman to deliver the noon prayer in the House of Representatives. The imam had been invited by Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (D–TX).

But the choice was far from benign. Suleiman has a long history of advocating for the destruction of the state of Israel, home to half of the world’s Jews. In 2014, he posted on   Twitter   celebrating a possible Third Intifada. For those unfamiliar with the nature of recent intifadas, they generally are marked by a series of terror attacks against Israeli civilians, goaded on by the terrorist group Hamas.

Unsurprisingly, Suleiman has also expressed support for the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel, sharing a   video   on his Facebook in 2015 that compared Israelis to Nazis. He has also referred to Zionists as “enemies of God.”

Suleiman’s social media activity is not confined to support for the destruction of the Jewish state. Suleiman has also posted at least one image in   support   of the Egypt-based Muslim Brotherhood, an organization Sen. Ted Cruz and others have fought to designate as a terrorist group for its interest in establishing sharia under the auspices of a global caliphate. The Trump administration is in the process of making that terrorist designation. The Muslim Brotherhood has various   offshoots   throughout the Muslim world, including Hamas, the terrorist group that seeks genocide against the Jews and violently oppresses Palestinian Arabs living in the Gaza Strip.

This is the individual Pelosi decided was appropriate to introduce to deliver the noon prayer. Whether the invitation was the result of a deliberate choice or merely “failed vetting,” Democrats’ continued fraternization with those advocating for the destruction of the world’s only Jewish state speaks volumes about the far left’s capacity to swallow the party.

As Rep. Lee Zeldin (R–NY)  pointed out   following Suleiman’s prayer, with regards to anti-Semitism, “You should be more sensitive to it, not less sensitive. You’re seeing a desensitizing right now that is hugely dangerous if that takes over more and more of the Democratic Party.”

As I have written several times in the past, criticism of Israeli policy is a healthy exercise; advocating for the eradication of an entire country is not. The recent invocation Suleiman delivered reveals much of the left’s willingness to normalize a radical position, one that favors the destruction of one of our strongest allies.

I will not call anti-Zionism a “political position,” because I don’t believe an ideology that resurrects Nazi imagery should be granted legitimacy. Meanwhile, House Democrats are seeking to do just that.

The Corbynization of much of the American left has occurred with particular alacrity following the induction of freshmen Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D–MI), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D–NY), and Ilhan Omar (D–MN), but it has been given the leeway to foment under Pelosi. The left continues to offer a safe haven for those who spew vitriolic hate towards the Jewish state, all while lecturing Americans about the perils of anti-Semitism. This reeks of the utmost hypocrisy.

Erielle Davidson is a Senior Contributor at the Federalist and a law student at Georgetown University Law Center. She previously was an economic research assistant at the Hoover Institution and a Publius Fellow at the Claremont Institute. She graduated from Middlebury College with a B.A in Russian, with a focus on Eastern European security issues. Find her on Twitter at @politicalelle.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

The democratic party has now made it official:  Anti-Semites are welcome!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    5 years ago

Democrats are the party of them.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.2  Cerenkov  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    5 years ago

The DNC is embracing terrorists openly now.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

Disgusting!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    5 years ago

'The Corbynization of much of the American left has occurred with particular alacrity following the induction of freshmen Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D–MI), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D–NY), and Ilhan Omar (D–MN), but it has been given the leeway to foment under Pelosi. The left continues to offer a safe haven for those who spew vitriolic hate towards the Jewish state, all while lecturing Americans about the perils of anti-Semitism. This reeks of the utmost hypocrisy.'

Vitriolic hate against the Jewish state?

When?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @4    5 years ago

It's true and you know it...if you're keeping up.

It's been going on since the state/nation of Israel was founded.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    5 years ago

I flagged your comment as dishonest because that is not true.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5    5 years ago

It's an opinion.

I suppose disputing an opinion is easier that disputing the facts contained in the article.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    5 years ago

Sounds like a declarative statement rather than an 'opinion'

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.1    5 years ago

An opinion based on the facts in the article. Why don't you address those facts?

Why not start with this:

"Suleiman has a long history of advocating for the destruction of the state of Israel, home to half of the world’s Jews. In 2014, he posted on   Twitter   celebrating a possible Third Intifada. "

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5.1.3  Cerenkov  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.2    5 years ago

Liberals are unfazed about antisemitism or terrorism, as long as it supports their political goals. The evidence can be seen just above.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.1    5 years ago
Sounds like a declarative statement rather than an 'opinion'

Opinions are offered as declarative sentences (statements) all the time, Tessy. Vic and everyone else have the right to state theirs.

A declarative sentence (also know[n] as a statement) makes a statement and ends with a period.

Please see the examples in the link I provided.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.4    5 years ago

I know what it means dear.  

I don't need an English lesson dear.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @5    5 years ago

Are you saying you support their view favoring the destruction of Israel? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    5 years ago

No need, just another anti-Democrat diatribe.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6    5 years ago

That's right Tess, "no need" to contest the FACTS!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    5 years ago

Proof positive above that there are none so blind as those who will not see...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.1    5 years ago

True!  Somethings cannot be disputed, so the some are forced to close their eyes & ears. Rep Zeldin had it right:  "The recent invocation Suleiman delivered reveals much of the left’s willingness to normalize a radical position, one that favors the destruction of one of our strongest allies."

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.1    5 years ago

You are both 100% correct.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.1    5 years ago

Oh, how profound!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.4    5 years ago

It certainly was wasn't it? The truth usually is...jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.5    5 years ago

What truth?

I thought this was an opinion piece.  According to Vic that is.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.7    5 years ago
I thought this was an opinion piece.  According to Vic that is.  

Twisting again?  Vic was only referring to his own comments, you know from Post #1.  Remember?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.8    5 years ago

Are you talking about yourself in the third person now????????????

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.9    5 years ago

Um-hum

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.10    5 years ago

What does um-hum mean?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.11    5 years ago

Nodding yes

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6.2  Cerenkov  replied to  Tessylo @6    5 years ago

So, no defense? We thought so.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Cerenkov @6.2    5 years ago

We?

Voices in your head?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @6    5 years ago

There's a good reason there are so many anti-democrats!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

Lol, that's funny.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7    5 years ago

What's funny? 

That Nancy Pelosi would invite such a hater to deliver a prayer?  That a young woman can be stubborn?  That the democrats can't condemn anti-Semitism?

I hate to sound like Joe Pesci, but "what's so funny?"

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
7.1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    5 years ago

To some, normalizing antisemitism is funny I suppose...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7    5 years ago
Lol, that's funny.

Not many people believe that condoning the murder of millions of people is funny.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8  FLYNAVY1    5 years ago

If I counted right, there are 22 members of the House that are Jewish, with only 2 of them being republican.  If we hear that any of the 20 some democratic Jewish House members bitching..... we'll consider this as valid point.  As it stands right now, I call bullshit on the right's mock-rage.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
8.1  Cerenkov  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8    5 years ago

So no factual arguments? Just more identity politics? Fail.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Cerenkov @8.1    5 years ago

What... your saying that the 20 democratic representative of Jewish persuasion not griping isn't a fact?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1.1    5 years ago

It's called a straw man argument. If Jews who also are democrats in the House don't complain that why should anyone?   

Because it's Anti-Semitism!

epistte
Junior Guide
8.1.3  epistte  replied to  Cerenkov @8.1    5 years ago
So no factual arguments? Just more identity politics? Fail.

If this Iman is such an anti-semite then why is he is a professor of Islamic Studies at SMU? Is SMU a hotbed of anti-semitism?

Omar Suleiman is an American Muslim scholar, civil rights activist, writer, and speaker. He is the Founder and President of the Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research and a Professor of Islamic Studies at Southern Methodist University.

What is identity politics because I only hear this cloams thrown around by conservatives who oppose equal rights for minorities? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  epistte @8.1.3    5 years ago
If this Iman is such an anti-semite then why is he is a professor of Islamic Studies at SMU?

That's an odd defense. Like saying if Hitler was anti-Semitic, how would he get to be Chancellor?

I know, how about going by what he did?

Back to the article:

"Suleiman has a long history of advocating for the destruction of the state of Israel, home to half of the world’s Jews. In 2014, he posted on  Twitter  celebrating a possible Third Intifada. For those unfamiliar with the nature of recent intifadas, they generally are marked by a series of terror attacks against Israeli civilians, goaded on by the terrorist group Hamas.

Unsurprisingly, Suleiman has also expressed support for the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel, sharing a  video  on his Facebook in 2015 that compared Israelis to Nazis. He has also referred to Zionists as “enemies of God.”

epistte
Junior Guide
8.1.5  epistte  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.4    5 years ago

If he is such an anti-semite then why did a religious university such as SMU hire him?

I support BDS.

The partisan bias of The Federalist is well known and understood. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  epistte @8.1.5    5 years ago
If he is such an anti-semite then why did a religious university such as SMU hire him?

Are you claiming there is no anti-Semitism in the universities?

I support BDS.

I'm sure you do.

The partisan bias of The Federalist is well known and understood. 

Nope, not according to the meter being used by Newstalkers!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  epistte @8.1.5    5 years ago

Yes it has a far right bias.  

epistte
Junior Guide
8.1.8  epistte  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.6    5 years ago
Nope, not according to the meter being used by Newstalkers!

Au Contraire, The Federalist has a far-right bias by Media Bias Fact Check. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  epistte @8.1.8    5 years ago

Nope, far-right was your own misrepresentation.

Here:

RIGHT BIAS These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong  [...]

just like the Washington Post has a:

LEFT-CENTER BIAS These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias.  They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to  [...]

We get to use both, since they don't cross a line

jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8    5 years ago
'As it stands right now, I call bullshit on the right's mock-rage.'

Seems to be all they have.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @8.2    5 years ago

We have the facts. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
8.2.2  Cerenkov  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.2.1    5 years ago

And the Senate, the POTUS, the SCOTUS...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.2.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Cerenkov @8.2.2    5 years ago

And in 2020, we'll take the House back too!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.3  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8    5 years ago

We're not talking about Jewish House members, but a couple of anti-Semitic Islamic terrorist sympathizing Muslim members.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Greg Jones @8.3    5 years ago
We're not talking about Jewish House members, but a couple of anti-Semitic Islamic terrorist sympathizing Muslim members.

Make that three "anti-Semitic Islamic terrorist sympathizing Muslim members" of the House. AOC isn't a Muslim as far as I know, but she defends Omar and Tlaib every time those two make anti-Semitic Islamist comments.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.4  JBB  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8    5 years ago

Actually, there are 27 Jewish Members of the US House of Representatives and 9 Jewish US Senators. Of those, a mere two congressmen are in the damn gop. None Zero Nada Zip of the nine Jewish US Senators are republicans. Jewish leaders in the Senate include Senate leaders Diane Feinstein and Chuck Schumer. A whopping 82% of all American Jewish voters voted Democratic in 2018 up from a commanding 73% in 2016. Which puts the lie to all those neocon's mendacious bullshit and their utter false grace up above. Doesn't It? Yes, it does...

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9  Sunshine    5 years ago

These Anti-Semitics in Congress need to visit a concentration camp.

I know I was so withdrawn after I could hardly mutter a word for days, perhaps they will shut up.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sunshine @9    5 years ago

Yes all of the republicans/gop need to do that.  

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  Tessylo @9.1    5 years ago
Yes all of the republicans/gop need to do that.  

Your right everyone should.  

JBB
Professor Principal
11  JBB    5 years ago

There is a word for the irrational hatred of and fear of Muslims. It is, "Islamaphobia".

Islamaphobia is just like antisemitism. They are equal weight bookends of vile hate.

So, you will just have to pardon me for being appalled. And, right out in the open, too.

Have you no shame?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @11    5 years ago

Are Muslims who spew anti-Semitism insulated from criticism because they are Muslim?  We can't call out haters who happen to be Muslim?

JBB
Professor Principal
11.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    5 years ago

And, absolutely nothing Omar has ever said was even 1/10th as antisemitic or as outright hateful and offensive Islamaphobic as some of the far righties have spewed about her above....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @11.1.1    5 years ago

No way!  You and your president - Obama want too put Muslims in a bubble - NOT HERE YOUR"E NOT!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11.2  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @11    5 years ago
Islamaphobia is just like antisemitism. They are equal weight bookends of vile hate.

Before you blithely fling that bs again, I suggest that you read this article:

You will learn, as others already have, that Islamophobia and anti-semitism are NOT the same. There are many other articles that state the same. Further, please read articles written by Dr. Zhudi Jasser and Dr. Qanta Ahmed about this topic.

You're welcome!  

JBB
Professor Principal
11.2.1  JBB  replied to  Jasper2529 @11.2    5 years ago

I cannot help it if you are wrong, again...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @11.2.1    5 years ago
I cannot help it if you are wrong, again...

Please specify which portion of my comment 11.2 is incorrect. I await your fact-based details. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
11.3  Sunshine  replied to  JBB @11    5 years ago

Here is a list of Islamic terrorist attacks....

Here is a list Jewish terrorist attacks...

There is no equal weight.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12  Greg Jones    5 years ago

Pelosi is terrified of going against the far left lunatic fringe of the democrat party which has taken over since Trump was elected. She has lost any sense of control that would take them in a more rational direction. Every day the democrats become more divided and divisive. The democrat party is falling apart and we on the right couldn't be happier. jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Greg Jones @12    5 years ago

Pelosi, the self-designated "master legislator", has a hellova lot on her plate:

• Her party is going further left/radical by the day.
  • She has 3 outspoken anti-semitic/pro-Islamist terrorism freshman she cannot control.
  • She has Nadler, Schiff, Hoyer, Swalwell, Waters, and so many others making utter fools of themselves every time they find a friendly camera or microphone.

And then she approves of a radical Islamist imam in her chamber. Go figger! 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @12.1    5 years ago

And one more thing - She isn't getting any legislation through congress. You see that means working with the other side. So come November, the House will have zero accomplished!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Jasper2529 @12.1    5 years ago

I forgot something important. She allowed her own San Francisco to be destroyed - record numbers of homeless people, illegal aliens. SF sidewalks are littered and infested with human feces and used hypodermic needles even in tourist areas, but she does nothing about this. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13  It Is ME    5 years ago

"Last week, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D–CA) introduced Texas-based imam Omar Suleiman to deliver the noon prayer in the House of Representatives."

Make sure you "Tell 'em your muslim, tell 'em your muslim. 

Nancy ……. Cares ?

charger 383
Professor Silent
14  charger 383    5 years ago

Government functions should not start with any kind of prayer. it is a waste of time, money and causes problems like this

lib50
Professor Silent
14.1  lib50  replied to  charger 383 @14    5 years ago

Exactly.