╌>

Slipknot’s Corey Taylor slams Donald Trump and his supporters as “f-----g morons”

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  184 comments

Slipknot’s Corey Taylor slams Donald Trump and his supporters as “f-----g morons”
“I could not believe that people would vote for a f-----g moron like [Trump]. That’s what insults me the most,” Taylor said. “You can paint him as racist, or egotistical, or a tyrant, or all of this shit: he’s a moron, and the people who f-----g voted for him? F-----g morons too.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Slipknot’s Corey Taylor: President Trump and the people who voted for him are “f**king morons”

The post  Slipknot’s Corey Taylor: President Trump and the people who voted for him are “f**king morons”  appeared first on  Consequence of Sound .

Corey Taylor  is not a fan of the current U.S. administration and had choice words regarding Donald Trump in a new interview with  The Fader . The  Slipknot  frontman called the president a “f**king moron” and anyone who voted for him a “f*cking moron, too.”

4ff88353e965c163aff0d62e37941a6f

Near the end of the interview, Taylor was asked about comments he made regarding Trump during  a 2017 interview with Larry King . At the time, the metal musician said, “I want to give him a chance, but he keeps shooting himself in the foot.” This time, Taylor wasn’t so egalitarian, unloading his thoughts amid a string of F-bombs.

“I could not believe that people would vote for a f**king moron like him,” Taylor said in the new  Fader  interview. “That’s what insults me the most. You can paint him as racist, or egotistical, or a tyrant, or all of this shit: He’s a moron, and the people who f**king voted for him? F**king morons, too!”

He added, “It doesn’t matter why they voted for him, whether they are racist, or they want money. They’ve done more to set us back even further globally than anything I’ve ever seen in my f**king lifetime. And that’s coming from somebody who wrote a whole f**king song about George W. Bush.”

The singer continued, “This guy, it’s going to take us 20 years to f**king undo half the shit that he’s done. Honestly, I come at it from a fan standpoint. Most of our fans are of color, are from different countries, speak different f**king languages, love different people. I don’t want my f**king fans getting killed. I don’t want my kids getting killed. And the worst thing is that it has emboldened f**king racism.”

Taylor also said that he believes the status quo is on the “precipice of an upheaval that we haven’t seen since f**king ’68” and that it’s “f**king scary.”

We’re not sure how many Trump supporters bought Slipknot’s new album,  We Are Not Your Kind but it has been an overwhelming success, debuting at  No. 1 on the  Billboard  200 chart . The band is currently in the midst of their  Knotfest Roadshow tour , which runs through September 8th. Pick up tickets here.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

This shocking. Beyond words. I thought all the fans of this music were Trumpsters. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

i'm not really a fan of Slipnot, but Corey is actually a talented singer.

In his collaboration with a song written by Dave Grohl (Nirvana , Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures ETC.) with guitar work from Rick Nielsen (Cheap Trick), Scott Weider,? on bass from various heavy metal bands, with Dave Grohl beating the hell out of the drums.

John, if you might, could you post From Can To Can't ? from U Tube, it would take me too long.

And if anybody is interested, watch the making of this song , it HAS IT ALL.

Bad Ass Lyrics with progression, From DRAWING that Line, to BLURRING that LINE,

to CROSSING that LINE. Corey is extremely impressive, as is Rick.

"My Torrid Autumn"

It tracks the making of the song in the Sound City Studios

IMPRESSIVE

plus, he sees Trump for the fck face he is   

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.1.2  katrix  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1    5 years ago

You're right, From Can to Can't is amazing as is the making of it.

Corey Taylor is a musical genius. I always liked Stone Sour better than Slipknot, but after a few shows in the mosh pit at Slipknot they've really grown on me. Snuff and Sulfur are probably my two favorites; they're more melodic than a lot of Slipknot songs. From Stone Sour, Bother is probably my favorite.

But From Can To Can't is my favorite of anything he's done.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  katrix @1.1.2    5 years ago

I'm not really an alternative music fan but have enjoyed Stone Sour - Looking through the glass - is excellent

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Great tune, love it. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

Yes! Another secular progressive so called comedian is bashing Trump and us, his supporters.  We love it.  Keep it coming. The more you all or the people seeded about dump on the President and ever more so his supporters, the more we double down on our support of him, the more hours we volunteer for him, the more money we donate to his and other GOP causes because of the attacks. By all means keep it coming.  Mock and make fun of/ridicule us to your hearts content. That will not persuade us.  It will only motivate us to support him all the more and openly mock the trump bashers to their faces for the uselessness of their venom.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    5 years ago

What comedian? 

Corey Todd Taylor is an American singer, songwriter, actor and author. He is known as the lead vocalist and lyricist of the bands Slipknot and Stone Sour. Taylor and Jim Root joined Stone Sour and re-started the band around 1995, playing in the Des Moines area, and working on a demo. He joined Slipknot in 1997 to replace their original vocalist and has subsequently released six studio albums with them. After the first two Slipknot albums went Platinum, Taylor revived Stone Sour to record an album and tour in 2002. He has worked with several bands, including Junk Beer Kidnap Band, Korn, Disturbed, Apocalyptica, Code Orange, Anthrax, Steel Panther, and Soulfly. Taylor was ranked at number 86 in Hit Parader's Top 100 Metal Vocalists of All Time. He was also named the seventh greatest heavy metal frontman by NME.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago

Well what he said was as big a joke as progressive left people across the media and America attempting to deny the normalcy of the Trump administration.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.1    5 years ago

Trump will be normal when pigs can fly. 

Oh, never mind.

4011CD7300000578-0-image-a-26_1494205699353.jpg

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.1    5 years ago
progressive left

Funny, a regressive using the internet to complain about progressives. Next level hypocrisy. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
2.1.4  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago

Never heard of him or any of the bands listed.

his opinions mean nothing to anyone who rejects the Marxist statist Godless Democrat politicians 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.1    5 years ago

Obviously, like the 'president', can't stand being incorrect.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1.4    5 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Ender  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1.4    5 years ago

And the beat goes on...

Wait, totally different kind of music.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.8  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1.4    5 years ago
Godless Democrat

It's cute that you think there are no Christian Democrats. 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.9  Don Overton  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1.4    5 years ago

Still don't know what you are talking about.  You utter nothing more than clips out of the right wing handbook

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    5 years ago

Damn secular progressives, CH4P.  Slipknot's Taylor could have summed it up by simply saying, "Where's the Peso's, Trump?"

Things are just too damn simple anymore.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.3  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    5 years ago
openly mock the trump bashers to their faces

I can hardly wait for that to happen to me just one time.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @2.3    5 years ago

What exactly are you going to do over hearing the expressions of political free speech?  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @2.3    5 years ago

ok!  Ha ha ha! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif 😝 lol!  More dollars 💵 💵 for Trump coming up!  

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.3.3  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.3.1    5 years ago

nothing for political free speech. it depends when the name calling starts.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3.4  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @2.3    5 years ago

I am sure they will be treated with the same kid gloves the left uses with Antifa.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.3.5  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3.4    5 years ago

I am sure they will be treated with the same kid gloves the left uses with Antifa.

I am sure they will be treated with the same kid gloves the right uses with the KKK, Neo-nazi's, white supremacists and proud boys. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.3.6  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.3.2    5 years ago

ok!  Ha ha ha!  😝 lol!  More dollars 💵 💵 for Trump coming up!  

You're thrilled that a billionaire is getting more money, then yell and scream about spending even one thin dime to feed poor and/or disabled people. 

PRAISE JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Because as we all know, Jesus hated poor people and refused to ever help them). 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.4  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    5 years ago
The more you all or the people seeded about dump on the President and ever more so his supporters, the more we double down on our support of him,

How pathetic - to live your life driven by hatred of liberals. The more people show you how bad Trump is, the more you support him - that is absolutely ridiculous. Trump Derangement Syndrome at its finest.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    5 years ago

Has Trumpism morphed into something on the other end of the scale like Birtherism did to the other end of the scale.

With the only exceptions ( plural ) being that one end is true and the other wasn't.  The simplicity of the DJTism.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @3    5 years ago

It would be Trump opponents engaging in the equivalent of birtherism in their attacks against America’s President 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1    5 years ago

Wrong field.  The one you want is down the road----on the other side.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.2  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1    5 years ago

funny how you named the original birther moron in that dreck.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1    5 years ago

It would be Trump opponents engaging in the equivalent of birtherism in their attacks against America’s President 

Birtherism is racism, which explains why trump loves it so much. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4  Dean Moriarty    5 years ago

An admitted alcoholic with mental health problems that tried to commit suicide and people look to him for guidance. Just because someone makes a living in the entertainment business doesn’t mean they represent my political views. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4    5 years ago

R u referencing Corey, or Donny ?

Cause Trump thinks he's still in the 'entertainment business'.

He knows no other.

i give trump voters some slack, as many bought into the far right and Russian bot bullshit and truly hated a very crappy candidate named Hillary, but, once Trump showed, what i've known since the 80's, that Trump is a mental midget trainwreck, it should of Woke Up some people.

it's a sociological phenom , cause i used to be an anti social student of sociology, now i'm just a social caterpillar, watchin Trump get constantly stuck in his web of deceit, that we can't take back without a Putin receipt.

History is going to show Still Trumppers just how WRONG they were about him, and WHY it has to come to that, is something historians and psychologists will be attempting to explain for a long long time. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1    5 years ago

So what is the democratic lemmings excuse for their support of Sanders, Warren, and the rest of the insane exploding clown car of candidates?  Do they really believe that every will be free? That the US economy will suffer no effects from unbridled regulations and taxation?

Or are they going to go Antifa on everyone's asses when they find out they were lied to; and the US economy crashes and their free shit turns out to cost more than they can afford?  Or, they find out the hard way that we have checks and balances for a reason; and congress does it's job and blocks their aspirations.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.1    5 years ago
So what is the democratic lemmings excuse for their support of Sanders, Warren, and the rest of the insane exploding clown car of candidates?  Do they really believe that every will be free?

It will be as FREE AS THAT FCKN WALL, Trump swore up and down MEXICO WAS PAYING FOR, all while he ROBS OUR MILITARY for an unnecessary wall.

Can U X PLANE as day, tell USAll how so many OTHER countries can afford free health care and education, 

while Americans are sick up and Fed, well, at least the ones who haven't let ignorance rule.?!,;:

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.1    5 years ago
Do they really believe that every will be free? That the US economy will suffer no effects from unbridled regulations and taxation?

Funny, trump has spent almost 200 million taxpayer dollars on fucking GOLF. Trump did and is doing exactly what every republican president since RayGun has done, lower taxes and increase spending. Basic fucking math tells you that will not work. But then as soon as a dem is in office, suddenly the debt matters again. Our deficit has literally gone up to over a TRILLION a year since Donny took office. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.6  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago

I love lower taxes we have a spending problem in this country people keeping the money they earn doesn't cost the government a penny.

Who doesn't want lower taxes, the problem is that trump lowered taxes for the rich, and increased spending by almost 10%. A 5 year old could tell you that math doesn't work. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.7  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago

The country's that provide healthcare make their poor pay higher taxes that is how they do it. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to    5 years ago
make their poor pay higher taxes that is how they do it. 

while we subsidize Billion dollar corporations and significantly reduce their tax rate, and they, did NOT reinvest it, as we knew they wouldn't.

The rich just keep gettin richer, as the middle class evaporates and the poor grow.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.11  igknorantzrulz  replied to    5 years ago

We are going to pay one way or another too much until we take the greedy basturd insurance companies out of the picture

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.13  igknorantzrulz  replied to    5 years ago

see 4.1.11

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.15  igknorantzrulz  replied to    5 years ago

Sorry Muva, i'm not the Shell Answer Man and ive got some things to do before EAGLES game

n joy 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.16  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1.18  livefreeordie  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.16    5 years ago

Total BS

Obamacare= taxpayer care

Obamacare should have been called the Obama Communist Redistribution of Wealth Program for Health

the majority of those enrolled because of Obamacare are enrolled in Medicaid which is nothing but a communist redistribution of wealth program

And 90% of those enrolled in health insurance through Obamacare are getting subsidies from taxpayers up to 94% of all their insurance costs (and 99.9% in the event of a serious illness)

That is government controlled, communist redistribution of wealth 

Marx would be so proud

"From each according to their ability to each according to their need"

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1.19  livefreeordie  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.16    5 years ago

Data on Obama’s Communist TAXPAYER funding of Healthcare

“The ACA’s premium tax credits have been discussed at length in the media. Of the more than 10.6 million people who had effectuated coverage through the exchanges as of mid-2018, 87 percent qualified for premium subsidies. In 2019, of the 8.8 million people who obtained coverage via HealthCare.gov (the exchange platform in 39 states), 87 percent were receiving premium subsidies.

But there’s another ACA-created health insurance subsidy that 50 percent of exchange enrollees received in 2019. While premium subsidies help pay the cost of the health insurance itself, cost-sharing reductions (CSR, also known as cost-sharing subsidies) are available to reduce the out-of-pocket exposure for eligible enrollees. As of early 2019, there were more than 5.7 million exchange enrollees receiving cost-sharing reductions.

Ever since the exchanges went live in the fall of 2013, cost-sharing subsidies have been much less well-understood than premium subsidies. Many people don’t know they exist, despite the fact that the federal government spent $7 billion on them in 2017 alone (this was the last year that the federal government funded the cost of CSR, which we’ll discuss in a moment). This is partly because they don’t show up among the available plans for people who aren’t eligible for them, and also because people who enroll in cost-sharing reduction plans don’t always realize that the plan they’re getting is in fact heavily subsidized in order to make it better coverage.

Until late 2017, this subsidization was directly provided by the federal government; since then, the cost of CSR has been added to premiums in most states, driving up the cost of coverage and thus resulting in larger premium subsidies, which continue to be directly provided by the federal government. So in a round-about way, the federal government is still subsidizing the cost of CSR.

For 2019 coverage, the unsubsidized out-of-pocket maximum for an individual is $7,900 ($15,800 for a family). But for enrollees who are CSR-eligible and who pick a silver plan, the maximum out-of-pocket is lower. [See Table 10 in the 2019 Benefit and Payment Parameters. These plans only appear on the exchange websites for applicants who qualify for them; for those who aren’t eligible for CSR, the silver plans will have their regular out-of-pocket maximums — ie, up to $7,900 for an individual]:

For applicants with MAGI between 100 and 200 percent of the poverty level, the maximum out-of-pocket is $2,600 for a single individual and $5,200 for a family. This represents a 67 percent reduction from the regular out-of-pocket cap.

For applicants with MAGI between 200 and 250 percent of the poverty level, it’s $6,300 for a single individual and $12,600 for a family. This represents a 20 percent reduction from the regular out-of-pocket cap.”

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.20  Ender  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.16    5 years ago

It always amazes me that people will willing pay close to two grand a month for healthcare yet complain about taxes for healthcare.

Complain that universal healthcare will cause people to lose services and be denied services when that is exactly what insurance companies do.

It is like they are brainwashed.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.21  MrFrost  replied to  Ender @4.1.20    5 years ago

Yep, you nailed it.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.22  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @4.1.20    5 years ago
It always amazes me that people will willing pay close to two grand a month for healthcare yet complain about taxes for healthcare.

Most people don't pay that.  Their employers pay that.  US employers pay four times as much for employee health benefits as they do in taxes.  Single payer schemes take that expense off of employers and put it on to taxpayers.  People don't want their taxes to increase so their employers can reduce costs.

I realize it may be difficult for many people to understand, but many Americans would see their taxes increase by more than $2k/mo to pay for something like BernieCare.

Complain that universal healthcare will cause people to lose services and be denied services when that is exactly what insurance companies do.

Single payer healthcare will cause hospitals to close and physicians to retire.  You will lose services because there won't be people available to provide them.  

It is like they are brainwashed.

They say the same about you.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.23  Ender  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.22    5 years ago

Employers pay half of FICA. Why would that stop?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.24  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago

The math works if you lower spending I agree. I haven't heard anyone calling for lower spending just raising taxes on the people that already pay more to being with. 

If you lower spending, you can lower taxes because it takes less income to cover the bills. 

Why do Dems want to raise taxes? To cover the spending. That's why most blue states have good economies, and red states are as broke as can be. The republicans want to lower taxes and keep spending as much as possible. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @4.1.23    5 years ago

He's just spouting his usual nonsense.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.26  MrFrost  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.22    5 years ago

With the old system, (pre-ACA), someone couldn't go to a doctor because they had no insurance. So, they went to the ER, where they HAVE to be seen, (it's the law), and they walk away not having spent one dime. That visit, even for something simple is going to be at a minimum, $2,300.00. The hospital eats some of it, writes the rest off, which taxpayers help to cover. 

With the ACA, people had insurance, they could go to a regular doctor. Still can't pay, but the visit is going to run maybe, at most $160.00. 

1) Either way, your taxes ARE going to help pay for someone else's healthcare. It's unavoidable. 

2) With the ACA, you would have had to help cover $160.00. 

3) With the OLD system, (which the right is desperately trying to get back to), you would have to help cover $2,300.00.

It makes no sense at all. The right loves to lower taxes, but wants to go back to a system that raises their own taxes, because those people who now no longer have healthcare? They will be going back to the ER's for slivers, stubbed toes and hangnails. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.28  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago

health care is a human right

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.30  igknorantzrulz  replied to    5 years ago

[Deleted]

How Can YOU justify ALL OF THIS CONTRADICTION S

, from the group you have chosen to support?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.32  igknorantzrulz  replied to    5 years ago
What in the fucking hell does that have to do with me

Everything.

Unfortunately, by you asking this question, it answers mine.

Not wishing to argue which that you are not following, have a good evening.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.34  igknorantzrulz  replied to    5 years ago

"I don't have the ability to effect anyone's right to die or force anyone to have a baby so again it has nothing to do with me."

Again, your reply exemplifies/magnifies why it has SO MUCH to do with YOU.

Again, have a good evening.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.35  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @4.1.23    5 years ago
Employers pay half of FICA. Why would that stop?

Current FICA revenue is already allocated.  Do you intend to use that money to fund BernieCare?  If so, how are you going to pay retirees and disabled people?

Current FICA revenues are also not a drop in the bucket.  FICA brings in about $1.2 trillion/yr.  You're going to need $4 trillion/yr.  Where are you going to get the other $2.8 trillion you're going to need to pay for BernieCare?  

You're not going to be able to stop payments to retirees, so take your 7.65% FICA contribution...and quadruple it (minimum).  That assumes your employer's get quadrupled as well, which it won't, because they're not going to pay it. Your job will just go overseas or... if you're lucky... they'll hire you as a self-employed contractor and you'll have to pay both the employer and employee portions of FICA.

You're talking about a lot of very, very stupid decisions simply because leftists don't like health insurance companies.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.36  Jack_TX  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.25    5 years ago
He's just spouting his usual nonsense.

"Usual nonsense" being your standard code for "actual intelligent things like 'math' that you lack the ability to refute".  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.37  Jack_TX  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.26    5 years ago
With the old system, (pre-ACA), someone couldn't go to a doctor because they had no insurance.

Except most of us did have insurance.

So, they went to the ER, where they HAVE to be seen, (it's the law), and they walk away not having spent one dime. That visit, even for something simple is going to be at a minimum, $2,300.00. The hospital eats some of it, writes the rest off, which taxpayers help to cover. 

That's still happening, BTW.  Or did you imagine that panhandler on the corner is actually buying food with the money he gets?  ER detox is very expensive.

With the ACA, people had insurance, they could go to a regular doctor. Still can't pay, but the visit is going to run maybe, at most $160.00. 

1) Either way, your taxes ARE going to help pay for someone else's healthcare. It's unavoidable. 

2) With the ACA, you would have had to help cover $160.00. 

3) With the OLD system, (which the right is desperately trying to get back to), you would have to help cover $2,300.00.

Do the premium dollars involved in all of this just appear out of a magical unicorn somewhere?  Does your math always exclude 3/4 of the equation?  

It makes no sense at all.

To pretend insurance premiums pay themselves?  You're correct, you're making zero sense.

The right loves to lower taxes, but wants to go back to a system that raises their own taxes, because those people who now no longer have healthcare? They will be going back to the ER's for slivers, stubbed toes and hangnails. 

This is obviously solely identity politics for you, which would explain your comical attempts at explanation. 

Personally, I don't care about "the right" or "the left".  They are morons in equal measure, firmly committed to the ridiculous lie that the "other side" is both idiotic and immoral. 

The easy, basic fact that should be obvious to all but the mentally retarded is that getting everybody insured is a shitload easier and cheaper than bullshit like BernieCare.  90% of us are already covered.  Now...normal, sane, intelligent people look at that and think "we need to fix that last 10%"....not "we need to take healthcare away from the 90%".

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.38  Jack_TX  replied to    5 years ago
No it isn't#pay for your own damn healthcare 

It is a "right", in the sense that one should be able to buy as much healthcare as they need or want.  Just like buying groceries is a "right"

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.39  Ender  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.38    5 years ago

People use Medicare and would never want to get rid of it, although a few do, the no government at all crowd...

We have had this convo before and no matter what you are going to act like the world of healthcare would end.

Most of Europe, Australia, Mexico and even Israel and Egypt, Japan, Etc...

All have some from of universal coverage. Even countries in Africa, South and Central America.

The only reason we do not is because of the right wing doom and gloom propaganda machine lies that healthcare as we know it would end.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.40  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @4.1.39    5 years ago
People use Medicare and would never want to get rid of it, although a few do, the no government at all crowd...

Sure.  It's great coverage.

We have had this convo before and no matter what you are going to act like the world of healthcare would end.

Math is a real thing, no matter how much you don't want it to be.

Most of Europe, Australia, Mexico and even Israel and Egypt, Japan, Etc...

Have been controlling prices for decades.  

All have some from of universal coverage. Even countries in Africa, South and Central America.

Universal coverage is doable.  Single-payer isn't.  We can do "universal coverage" without taking away what everybody has now and without doubling or tripling our taxes to do it.  It's not even that difficult

The only reason we do not is because of the right wing doom and gloom propaganda machine lies that healthcare as we know it would end.

Moaning aside, the actual reason we don't have universal insurance coverage is because liberals won't stand for the steps necessary to make it happen. 

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.41  Ender  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.40    5 years ago

What is Medicare if not universal coverage? There is never going to be a complete utopian plan. Even with Medicare there is insurance options that would give more of a complete plan.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.42  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @4.1.41    5 years ago
What is Medicare if not universal coverage?

A really expensive, inefficient way to attempt universal coverage. 

Medicare is a program covering less than 20% of us paid for by a different 60% of us, that loses at least 11% of revenue to fraud and improper payments.

There is never going to be a complete utopian plan.

Probably not, but we both agree there is room for improvement in our current structure...yes?

It would not be very difficult at all to use the Affordable Care Act as your platform for universal coverage, without taking anything away from everybody who likes their health plan currently.

Simply streamline and expand the exchange program to replace the current Medicaid structure.  Instead of having to fight through Healthcare.gov, which is a nightmare, use a more tested and simpler system like the FAFSA does.  Issue qualified people a voucher they can use to buy the insurance of their choice.  

Then, require proof of health coverage in order to obtain any other government assistance.  No TANF, SNAP, Section 8, free/reduced school lunch, or anything else until your health insurance is squared away.  We're paying for it, all you need to do is sign up.

To address people who are just stubbornly irresponsible and still refuse to get covered, allow hospitals to collect payment from the US Govt, who then transfers that outstanding balance to that person's tax bill.  

Then, re-establish the risk pools and force all health insurers to subsidize high cost individual claimants.  Give them a discount on that if they're offering plans to those people.  So now you'll have Aetna, Cigna, UHC, and everybody else flood back to the market giving lots of people lots of choices.  You've also spread these high cost claimants out over the larges possible risk pool (which is what most states did before the ACA).

So now you have poor families who can go to the same doctors I do instead of some Medicaid clinic where they're lucky if they can be seen that week.

You can do all of that for a tiny fraction of what single payer is going to cost you.

Even with Medicare there is insurance options that would give more of a complete plan.

That's the case with Medicaid, also, BTW.  About 40% of seniors opt out of Medicare and choose a Medicare Advantage (private insurance) plan instead.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.43  Don Overton  replied to    5 years ago

What lower taxes.  I doubt you are in the percentage of those who got any lower taxes from the trump rump DGG

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.44  Don Overton  replied to    5 years ago

Why do really doubt what you said

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.45  Don Overton  replied to    5 years ago

Ask yourself that question about most of your posts

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.46  Don Overton  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.18    5 years ago

Again you have no clue about what you are talking about

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4    5 years ago

Just because someone has substance abuse problems and mental health problems doesn't mean they're worthless or their opinions are.

Most times mental health problems are the reason they have substance abuse problems. 

No one grows up thinking, 'Gee, I want to be an alcoholic or a drug abuser when I grow up!'

Sad

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4.2.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    5 years ago
Just because someone has substance abuse problems and mental health problems doesn't mean they're worthless or their opinions are.

actually, their opinions are worthless.

we don't take advice from mental health patients or addicts

cheers :)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4.2.1    5 years ago

No, your opinions are worthless.

We don't take advice from whackjobs

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.2.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4.2.1    5 years ago
actually, their opinions are worthless.

Spoken, as that of my definition,

of Ignorance.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.2.4  Jack_TX  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4.2.1    5 years ago

No no no... we should most definitely take advice from people who are officially crazy or strung out.  We should double definitely take their advice if they're crazy AND strung out.

That's what's wrong with America today.  Not enough mentally ill junkies running the show.

Fucking hell.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.2.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jack_TX @4.2.4    5 years ago
Not enough mentally ill junkies running the show. Fucking hell.

Fucking, What the Hell would you call that Feret perch in our White House ?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.2.6  Jack_TX  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.2.5    5 years ago
Fucking, What the Hell would you call that Feret perch in our White House ?

An asshole.

Specifically, a particularly classless and despicable asshole who seems to delight in sending exceedingly soft, emotional, "can't even" children screaming into the night looking for their safe spaces.

That does not actually make him mentally ill.  Nor does it make him an addict.  Sorry to rain on the Trump hating parade.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.2.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jack_TX @4.2.6    5 years ago
An asshole. Specifically, a particularly classless and despicable asshole who seems to delight in sending exceedingly soft, emotional, "can't even" children screaming into the night looking for their safe spaces

Shore you want moored ? Cause Jack, often

do you

not realize there actually ARE CHILDREN SCREAMING INTO THE NIGHT LOOKING FOR THEIR SAFE SPACES !, right their on our Southern border  FOR REAL.    They are little tiny innocent children being ripped from their parents arms, the only 'safe spaces' they've ever known.

N U know Y Jack...

cause some fckn mentally ill asshole that U constantly defend, is still, years after raping kids with Epstein, is still ABUSING CHILDREN, as he is apparently still a DICKted

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.2.8  Jack_TX  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.2.7    5 years ago

When you can manage a statement in something resembling English and containing sanity, I'll think about a discussion.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago
Slipknot’s Corey Taylor

who?  never mind.. LOL

people who get their news and opinions from entertainers are the real morons.

no seriously... corey taylor who?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5    5 years ago
people who get their news and opinions from entertainers are the real morons.

You just called Trump supporters morons.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1    5 years ago

Ahhh ya beat me to it Paula... 😀

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.2  livefreeordie  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1    5 years ago

You appear to have your accusation backwards 

its leftists who get their news and opinions from radical leftist celebrities

Comedy Central

Colbert

Seth Myers

Bill Maher

Jimmy Fallon 

Kimmel

Amy Schumer

the View

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.2    5 years ago

Radical leftists?

jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.3    5 years ago

I like Kimmel. He is funny the way he 'reports' on trump.

user image
Freshman Silent
5.1.5    replied to  MrFrost @5.1.1    5 years ago

Ummm no, we don't get our news from celebrities that would be the left. You are the only ones who care what celebrities have to say and basically take your news from SNL as if it's fact. Wow you guys are pretty dense here.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  @5.1.5    5 years ago

We don't get our news from celebrities.  

We get our satire from celebrities.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @5.1.4    5 years ago

I don't watch Kimmel.

I enjoy Stephen Colbert and Seth Myers' takes on the 'president'.

Always hilarious.  

user image
Freshman Silent
5.1.8    replied to  Tessylo @5.1.6    5 years ago

The satire from your politicians is actually much funnier.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Ender  replied to  @5.1.8    5 years ago

Yep. With trump and the senate majority the material abounds.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @5.1.9    5 years ago

The jokes just write themselves practically with this brain dead moron shitstain tRump as 'president'

Some forget that it takes intelligence and wit to have a sense of humor and to be able to satirize so well.  

user image
Freshman Silent
5.1.11    replied to  Ender @5.1.9    5 years ago

Aren't you partying down all day since we are all gonna "die from climate change in 10 years"? Is that satire or words right out of AOC's mouth?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Ender  replied to  @5.1.11    5 years ago

A climate change denier are you? Do you believe that mankind has no impact on the earth?

user image
Freshman Silent
5.1.13    replied to  Ender @5.1.12    5 years ago

No I am not a denier. I believe we do have an impact but I don't believe it is going to destroy our planet in 10 years, and even if it were, I do not believe anything in the "Green new deal" will resolve it. The problem is global over population. However these politicians will never do what needs to be done to address that. After all, it's not the west that is over populated. Our numbers are actually reducing while the "developing world" is exploding in population and will not be able to deal with it. The impact that will have on the climate is way bigger than me running my AC or driving to work or flying somewhere for vacation.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Ender  replied to  @5.1.13    5 years ago

I agree the green new deal is a joke and some take things to extremes.

Yet both sides are guilty of such, not just one.

Things can be done, like my ac does not run on freon. trump fighting emission regulations does not help. Instead of helping the developing world we sit back and watch, as for instance, people destroy the rain forest for farm land.

There are plenty of things that we could do instead of idly sitting by and even rolling back regulations that have helped clean things up.

Instead we have people complaining that they will not live without plastic straws.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1.15  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @5.1.14    5 years ago
I agree the green new deal is a joke and some take things to extremes.

Well said.

Yet both sides are guilty of such, not just one.

Very well said.

Things can be done, like my ac does not run on freon. trump fighting emission regulations does not help. Instead of helping the developing world we sit back and watch, as for instance, people destroy the rain forest for farm land.

There are plenty of things that we could do instead of idly sitting by and even rolling back regulations that have helped clean things up.

Instead we have people complaining that they will not live without plastic straws.

Yeah, I kinda agree here.  There are things we can do in moderation that would improve the environment for the future while not ruining everybody's lives today.  

I'm a big fan of intelligent regulation, and I'm not a big fan of capricious deregulation.  (I'm not a big fan of capricious anything, really.)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.16  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.2    5 years ago

I don't follow any of those shows.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.17  Ender  replied to  Jack_TX @5.1.15    5 years ago

I was actually kind of upset at first about the incandescent light bulbs.

Now though I really like the LEDs. I have switched almost all of my lighting to those, even overhead lights. The only ones I have left are two really old lamps from the sixties that took three way bulbs. I think there is some LED bulbs that can dim though.

Also switched to an on demand water heater.

If I had the money I would add solar panels. My roof sits perfectly in the sun.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1.18  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @5.1.17    5 years ago
I was actually kind of upset at first about the incandescent light bulbs. Now though I really like the LEDs. I have switched almost all of my lighting to those, even overhead lights. The only ones I have left are two really old lamps from the sixties that took three way bulbs. I think there is some LED bulbs that can dim though.

LEDs are much better than they were 5 years ago.  And that's a REALLY important point.  A lot of the things people howl about are going to be non-issues because of technology we can't even imagine today.

Also switched to an on demand water heater.

Me too.  Supposedly they last a lot longer, as well.  Time will tell, I guess.

If I had the money I would add solar panels. My roof sits perfectly in the sun.

I'm waiting for higher efficiency panels.  I have a given amount of space.  When I can run my entire house AND sell some power back to the grid, I'll pull the trigger on it.  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.19  katrix  replied to  Jack_TX @5.1.18    5 years ago
LEDs are much better than they were 5 years ago.

This is totally off topic but the discussion of new technology made me think of this (because of Corey, and hard rock): The new Tool album (which probably cost lots of people money when it came out, who had bet that it never would) has a version with a 4" HD screen and little speakers!  Years ago when I was buying vinyl, I thought a picture disc was modern. Hah!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.20  Split Personality  replied to  Jack_TX @5.1.18    5 years ago

Make sure the number 1 appliance is updated.  The AC

We went for solar (lease) several years ago and part of the deal, is based on your previous electric consumption, naturally.

They will only allow for enough panels to generate 80% of your (previous, historical) energy needs. ( some deal the regulatory commission cut with the energy companies)

We had radiant barrier in the attic.

After the panels were installed, we switched every light bulb to LEDs.

We installed a new hot water tank.

We immediately saw  savings compared to our previous budget of $308 per month with TXU.

Eventually the number 1 appliance failed often enough that the warranty company could not authorize any more band aids.

We replaced the old AC with a top of the line variable speed Trane heat pump with a variable speed fan. 

Now throughout the summer we have small but predictable energy credits and we only pay for leasing the panels

We just had ridge vents added to the roof and cut the attic temperature by 25% so we are assuming the AC will work even more efficiently and lower the electric bill some more.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.21  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.20    5 years ago
We just had ridge vents added to the roof and cut the attic temperature by 25% so we are assuming the AC will work even more efficiently and lower the electric bill some more.

How weren't they installed already ?

It voids shingle warranty if there is not proper soffit and ridge ventilation

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1.22  Jack_TX  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.20    5 years ago
Make sure the number 1 appliance is updated.  The AC

Absolutely.  We bought the house last year (empty nest/downsize/gut and redo).  The AC was 2 yrs old at the time.

We went for solar (lease) several years ago and part of the deal, is based on your previous electric consumption, naturally. They will only allow for enough panels to generate 80% of your (previous, historical) energy needs. ( some deal the regulatory commission cut with the energy companies)

Interesting.  And unhappy.

We had radiant barrier in the attic.

We were looking at the spray foam insulation but decided against it because we would have had to replace the AC system....for reasons I confess I don't understand.

After the panels were installed, we switched every light bulb to LEDs. We installed a new hot water tank.

That was all part of our remodel.   We went tankless (2 units).  So far so good.

We immediately saw  savings compared to our previous budget of $308 per month with TXU.

We never really got a baseline, so I have no idea how much we're saving on the efficiency improvements.  We have 2600 sf now, and our usage for July was 2288 KWh.  

Eventually the number 1 appliance failed often enough that the warranty company could not authorize any more band aids.

We replaced the old AC with a top of the line variable speed Trane heat pump with a variable speed fan. 

Now throughout the summer we have small but predictable energy credits and we only pay for leasing the panels

If this is too personal, feel free to tell me.  How much are you paying to lease the panels, how has the experience been, whom did you use, and what would you do differently now that you know?   Do I understand it correctly when you say you had the panels installed and then did the efficiency upgrades later and that's really the only way to get credits?  

We're going to wait out this AC unit, but when we have to replace it, we're definitely going with the spray foam.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.23  Split Personality  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.21    5 years ago
How weren't they installed already ? It voids shingle warranty if there is not proper soffit and ridge ventilation

Easy answer, it's Texas, lol.  The warranty isn't going to be used before there is hail damage.

Home owners insurance replaces roofs here.

Every house in the neighborhood has two Whirlybird vents.  Builders grade. 

Bearing failed in one so I tied it off to spare the neighbors the teeth grinding noises it made.

Made no sense to replace them and by calculation, we should of had 8 of them, not 2.

it just made sense to retro fit ridge vents...

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.24  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.23    5 years ago
Easy answer, it's Texas,

They don't know Jack

down there, huh ?

Whirly birds are effective, but yea, annoying if no balls to bear the non friction affliction, that can scrape like burnt cheese frumunda

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.25  Don Overton  replied to  Ender @5.1.12    5 years ago

You are talking to a troll,it's only been on NT for 2 days

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.26  Don Overton  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.2    5 years ago

Says a radical right winger

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.27  Split Personality  replied to  Jack_TX @5.1.22    5 years ago
If this is too personal, feel free to tell me.  How much are you paying to lease the panels, how has the experience been, whom did you use, and what would you do differently now that you know?   Do I understand it correctly when you say you had the panels installed and then did the efficiency upgrades later and that's really the only way to get credits?  

Nope, I moved here from a home with 3000sf to a common Ft Worth 1500 sqft bungalow/ranch with a 2 car garage and a shed on 1/2 acre.

The lease from Solar City is 138 per month but can go up 1% a year with a cap. So far no increase.No problems.

They inspected the roof ( installed 2015 ) and guarantee the panels and the roof for 20 years.

In all fairness to them I knew the AC was an old electric hog which was having voltage difficulty starting on days over 105 degrees, it was only matter of time.

We "spent" 11K on the AC system but got 3K back from Oncor. The house is always 71 degrees now, so it's not like I am sacrificing or micromanaging the temp.

Going solar first, I thought I could fudge it in my favor, but in the end I opted not to use 3 panels which would have been installed in a place which would have been detrimental to the curb appeal.  Essentially you can drive by and recognize the best lawn in the subdivision and not see a single solar panel from the street.  The Home is H shaped with the panels on the rear and both sides

Had I gotten those extra panels, I would be better off financially but who knows on resale? I think the majority still think it's "too much" and are leery.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1.28  Jack_TX  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.27    5 years ago

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like it was a great decision.  I may have to look at that.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5    5 years ago

You could use Google to look Taylor up and get information.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.2.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  MrFrost @5.2    5 years ago
You could use Google to look Taylor up and get information

Okay...

so why would anyone take political advice from someone stupid enough to OD on cocaine twice?

obviously that was rhetorical... LOL

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  MrFrost @5.2    5 years ago

That's right Frosty,

i forgot you were a head banger

If you haven't seen the making of that song video, HIGHLY RECCOMMEND

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.2.1    5 years ago
o why would anyone take political advice from someone stupid enough to OD on cocaine twice?

oh how ironic from one called The Magic Eight Ball

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.2.1    5 years ago

So? He's made some questionable life choices, it doesn't invalidate his opinion, which I happen to agree with. 

But since you went there? Why would anyone believe a POTUS that's told 12,000 lies in under 3 years?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.2.5  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.3    5 years ago
The Magic Eight Ball

its a toy you can buy for 14.99 at wallmart.

[ Deleted ]

why should I take political advice from someone who thinks like you and corey taylor? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2.6  MrFrost  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.2    5 years ago

I will later Iggy, posting from my phone at the moment. 😁

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.2.5    5 years ago

i know what it is, i'm not that young, i remember it.

Been a ,long time since i had coke, i'm from the Pepsi generation, but i have no tolerance for caffeine, so i try andsteer clear.

I drove across the state of Oklahoma on 3 Brisk iced teas.

I'd feel much better if Trump actually WAS ON DRUGS!

It would explain a lot.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.2.8  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.4    5 years ago
He's made some questionable life choices, it doesn't invalidate his opinion

does not help validate his opinions either.

opinions are like ass-holes and even ass-holes have opinions.

hint: coreys opinions are just as irrelevant as anyone else.

including mine :)

honestly I dont even care what trumps opinions are. what gets done is all that matters.

among other things...

• lowest unemployment rates ever recorded in the black community = calling that a win.
  • tpp and paris agreement in the trash = awesome
  • hillary not president = phenomenal
  • trump crushing lunatic socialist/marxist dreams = priceless

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2.9  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.2.8    5 years ago
  • lowest unemployment rates ever recorded in the black community = calling that a win.

Presidents have nothing to do with the UE rate, or at least that's what the right screamed for 8 years while Obama lowered the US rate, (far more than donny did, BTW). 

• tpp and paris agreement in the trash = awesome

If you hate the environment, that's on you. At least the majority of people here in the USA aren't xenophobes. 

• hillary not president = phenomenal

Trump said that if I voted for Hillary, I would be voting for a mentally unstable liar that would be under investigation from day one...

He was right, I voted for Hillary and ended up with a mentally unstable liar that has been under investigation since day one. 

• trump crushing lunatic socialist/marxist dreams = priceless

Funny, Trump is a socialist. LOL No, seriously....he really is. 

Socialism is the belief that government takes an active role in private business....

Like..

The NFL

The NBA

Carrier

Tariffs

Bailing out farmers

Ordering private businesses to not do business with China

Attacking Google

Attacking Amazon

Attacking Twitter

Attacking the media

Those are all examples of SOCIALISM. Face facts, trump is a socialist, so guess you won't be voting for him. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.9    5 years ago
Trump said that if I voted for Hillary, I would be voting for a mentally unstable liar that would be under investigation from day one... He was right, I voted for Hillary and ended up with a mentally unstable liar that has been under investigation since day one.

gotta appreciate that one !

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2.11  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.2.8    5 years ago

Recent polls show that just 13% of Black males will vote for trump, and just 2% of Black females. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.2.12  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.11    5 years ago
Recent polls show that just 13% of Black males will vote for trump,

What's your point? That they would rather be on welfare like they were under the previous administration?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  KDMichigan @5.2.12    5 years ago

Probably more white folks are on welfare than black folks

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.2.14  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.13    5 years ago
Probably more white folks are on welfare than black folks

Probably? You don't know the answer"? 

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.15  Texan1211  replied to  KDMichigan @5.2.14    5 years ago

Must take a genius to know that there are about 6 times the number of whites than blacks in America. 

Maybe instead of looking at the raw numbers, it is time to look at percentages

Blacks and whites are about equal in the numbers of people on welfare.

Which makes the black rate very high, percentage-wise.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  KDMichigan @5.2.14    5 years ago

I am correct.  More white folks receive welfare and food assistance than African Americans.  

More people THINK that African Americans receive more welfare and food assistance than white folks.  Those would be the tRump supporters who believe this.   

02/05/2018 12:50 pm ET   Updated   Feb 05, 2018

Americans Are Mistaken About Who Gets Welfare

People significantly overestimate the number of African-Americans benefiting from the largest programs.
By Arthur Delaney and Ariel Edwards-Levy

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump and Republicans in Congress may soon embark on a racially-fraught policy battle over “welfare.”

“We can lift our citizens from welfare, from dependence to independence, and from poverty to prosperity,” Trump said in his State of the Union address last week, the latest signal that Republicans want “welfare reform” this yea

Trump has often pandered to racists among his supporters. He said Mexico sends “rapists” to the United States and that there were some “fine people” among the neo-Nazis who staged a deadly protest last year in Charlottesville, Virginia. When the president said Mexican heritage made it impossible for a judge to be fair, House Speaker Paul Ryan called it the “textbook definition” of racist.

The word “welfare” is different. It’s a standard political term that Democrats, Republicans and journalists alike use ― though Republicans use it the most often. There’s nothing overtly racialized about welfare. You can even find it in the preamble to the U.S. Constitution .

And yet, the word is often loaded with racial meaning. As a new HuffPost/YouGov survey shows , much of the public has a distorted view of which groups receive the bulk of assistance from government programs. Fifty-nine percent of Americans say either that most welfare recipients are black, or that welfare recipiency is about the same among black and white people.

5a7887ef1d000026006add3b.png?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale
HUFFPOST

The numbers reflect a significant overestimation of the number of black Americans benefiting from the largest programs. Medicaid had more than 70 million beneficiaries in 2016, of whom 43 percent were white, 18 percent black, and 30 percent Hispanic. Of 43 million food stamp recipients that year, 36.2 percent were white, 25.6 percent black, 17.2 percent Hispanic and 15.5 percent unknown. (Food stamps are formally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.)

In one sense, HuffPost’s survey asked an abstract question: The federal government doesn’t run a program that is actually called “welfare.” The word can describe any instance of the government helping people or businesses, though it’s most commonly used to describe programs that benefit the poor.

These days, to Republican lawmakers, welfare means Medicaid, food stamps and the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program. Paul Ryan and hardline conservatives in the House of Representatives have said they want to make changes to those three programs this year under the banner of welfare reform.

Historically, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families is probably the program that has most frequently been called welfare, as it was created in the famous “welfare reform” of 1996. As a result of that reform, the program today is much smaller than its predecessor, Aid to Families with Dependent Children, and it only served 2.7 million people in 2016. Of those, 36.9 percent were Hispanic, 27.6 percent white, and 29.1 percent black ― meaning that if they had this particular program in mind, HuffPost’s survey respondents who said the number of white and black beneficiaries are “about the same” were basically right.

Survey respondents’ estimation of who receives welfare tracked closely to their estimation of who gets food stamps. Nearly two-thirds of poll respondents said the program’s recipients are mostly black or that there are as many black Americans as white Americans receiving benefits. Only 21 percent correctly said there are more white than black food stamp recipients.

“Across the programs people overestimate the share of recipients who are black,” said Elizabeth Lower-Basch, a senior analyst with the Center for Law and Social Policy. “It’s not surprising because we all know people’s images of public benefits is driven by stereotype.”

Trump himself harbors mistaken views of who receives welfare benefits, according to reporting by NBC News. During a meeting with members of the Congressional Black Caucus last March, one member of Congress told Trump that welfare cuts, which the president had proposed in his budget, would harm her constituents, specifying that not all of them were black.

According to NBC News , Trump said, “Really? Then what are they?”

Trump supporters are also more likely than Clinton voters to overestimate the share of welfare and public housing benefits that go to black recipients.

5a78886d1600004500139d26.png?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale
HUFFPOST

The perceptions of who benefits from programs may affect the favorability of the programs themselves. White Americans are more likely to support “assistance to the poor” than “welfare,” one 2014 study found. And other polling has shown that whites are 30 points likelier to agree that “average Americans have gotten less than they deserve” than they are to say the same about black Americans.

Last year, House Republicans and Trump signaled they wanted reforms to food stamps, specifically increased “work requirements” that would deny benefits to the sliver of SNAP and Medicaid recipients who are able bodied but don’t have jobs. But Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) suggested he didn’t have much interest in pursuing major changes to safety net programs.

Even without McConnell’s support for a full-fledged reform of food stamps, Congress will definitely have to consider the $70 billion program later this year because it needs to be reauthorized.

Last week, Trump and Ryan talked about “workforce development,” in what might be a new euphemism for Ryan’s longstanding goal of shrinking the federal safety net. Ryan reportedly told fellow Republicans at a GOP retreat in West Virginia last week that workforce development means “getting people the skills and opportunity to get into the workforce.”

Use the widget below to further explore the results of the HuffPost/YouGov survey, using the menu at the top to select survey questions and the buttons at the bottom to filter the data by subgroups:

This iframe is not allowed

The HuffPost/YouGov poll consisted of 1,000 completed interviews conducted Jan. 17-18 among U.S. adults, using a sample selected from YouGov’s opt-in online panel to match the demographics and other characteristics of the adult U.S. population.

HuffPost has teamed up with YouGov to conduct daily opinion polls. You can learn more about this project and take part in YouGov’s nationally representative opinion polling. More details on the polls’ methodology are available here .

Most surveys report a margin of error that represents some, but not all, potential survey errors. YouGov’s reports include a model-based margin of error, which rests on a specific set of statistical assumptions about the selected sample rather than the standard methodology for random probability sampling. If these assumptions are wrong, the model-based margin of error may also be inaccurate. Click here for a more detailed explanation of the model-based margin of error.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.2.17  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.16    5 years ago
Of 43 million food stamp recipients that year, 36.2 percent were white, 25.6 percent black,

You just don't get it do you, that's understandable.

What does more whites being on welfare half to do with a higher percentage of blacks on welfare ?

Blacks make up 12% of the population yet according to your source make up 25% of those on welfare. 

Whites make up 70% of the population and 32% of those are on welfare.

I don't expect you at all to understand this but I had some free time to waste trying to inform you yet again. 

Your welcome.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.2.18  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.16    5 years ago
I am correct. 

And no one denied, The only one who didn't know was you. It's hillaryious that you had to google a huffpo piece for conformation. 

Now The big step for you to understand is percentages, I know this can be difficult but just take a deep breath, look in the mirror and count to three, I'm sure you will figure it out.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5    5 years ago
no seriously... corey taylor who?

listen to the song i just posted   From Can to Can't

;

you don't have to agree with somebodys politix to appreciate some musical talent, as this song possess an awful lot, even if not your genre, it can and should be appreciated.

There is a utube video of the making of this song, and i recommend it highly

i described it above, powerful stuff

my neighbors are thinkin so about now, that much is for sure !

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.3.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.3    5 years ago
you don't have to agree with somebodys politix to appreciate some musical talent,

no doubt...

my point was musical talent does auto-magically bestow an education in other areas of knowledge.

and being a "quote" star does not make one influential either.  I like a lot of entertainers work. but their "opinions on politics" means nothing.

however, I love how the left tries to use "entertainment" as back up... LOL

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.3.2  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.3.1    5 years ago

You are aware trump is known for his entertainment from his tv show, right? You just said you don't get your politics from entertainers....but trump is ok?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  MrFrost @5.3.2    5 years ago

Hes like the President of entertainers, he just has too many vices, to even ever have a grip,

on reality.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.3.3    5 years ago

I think the US is changing forever. Everything changes. The Roman Empire changed. Even Japan and China and India eventually changed. Even though we are a relatively young empire things are speeded up in this technologically dependent age. 

Traditional conservatism is a dying ideology, which is too bad because there are good things about it. But conservatism's total acceptance of "income inequality" as a way of life will doom it. People dont know why their families should go bankrupt or die over lack of health coverage while the US births more and more billionaires.  The Bernie Sanders and AOC's are on the right track, although it will take time and they are more like Moses than Caesar.  

I think we are headed for a lot of strife in the next few decades. We will have a form of "civil war", although it will be fought more through cyber related means than actual weapons. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.4    5 years ago
The Bernie Sanders and AOC's are on the right track, although it will take time and they are more like Moses than Caesar.  

i like the way Warren explained it yesterday.

something along the lines of the sick get sicker as the rich get richer

we need to plum level the damn playing field, a lot

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.3.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  MrFrost @5.3.2    5 years ago
from his tv show

trump was known long before that... I never even watched that show... LOL

You just said you don't get your politics from entertainers....but trump is ok?

if you call putting a boot to the established politico's ass entertainment?

Okay... you win  :)

the only thing corey got right?

This guy, it’s going to take us 20 years to f**king undo half the shit that he’s done. 

that part is true enough... the fundamental change of this country into some leftwing  marxist shit-hole has been denied. it seems people do not like people who hate our country and advocate for a socialist/marxist shithole. so I reckon it will be several generations before the left gets another shot at it. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to    5 years ago
How would you make things fair or level?

i'm not an economist, but to start with, stop allowing GIANT corporations to not cover employees health insurance and possibly pay a living wage for those that have earned it

Walmart for example.

How many billions did this corporation make, while we are forced to make up the difference for those not making enough to have a living wage, or be covered by health insurance, as they purposely won't employ them full time so as they qualify.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.3.10  KDMichigan  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.3.7    5 years ago
the fundamental change of this country into some leftwing  marxist shit-hole has been denied.

You can say that again, scotus picks are the main reason I voted Trump. 

Corey Taylor?  Just another one in a long list of celebrities to pacify the sheeple. 

Stat tuned, lets see what triggers the snowflakes Monday unless they are still crying about sharpiegate.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.11  igknorantzrulz  replied to    5 years ago

i want it not to be near impossible for the little guy to make it in America

See Frosty's post above about Trump's socialism that you never complain about. 5.2.9

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.3.12  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  KDMichigan @5.3.10    5 years ago
lets see what triggers the snowflakes Monday

some people actually need to bitch about something... LOL

they are unhappy, their lives suck and they need to blame everyone or anything but themselves.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.13  igknorantzrulz  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.3.12    5 years ago
they need to blame everyone or anything but themselves.

Trump

in a nutshell !

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.3.14  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @5.3.10    5 years ago
Just another one in a long list of celebrities to pacify the sheeple. 

Like Eastwood, Reagan, Heston, Schwarzenegger, etc?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.3.15  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.3.12    5 years ago
blame everyone or anything but themselves.

Signed,

Donald Trump. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.3.16  lady in black  replied to  MrFrost @5.3.14    5 years ago

It's okay when they do because they are republicans, but when democrats speak out it's all hollyweird and drug addicts etc.  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.3.17  katrix  replied to  KDMichigan @5.3.10    5 years ago
Corey Taylor?  Just another one in a long list of celebrities to pacify the sheeple. 

*snort* You don't know much about Corey Taylor if you think he's out to pacify the sheeple.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.3.18  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.4    5 years ago
Traditional conservatism is a dying ideology, which is too bad because there are good things about it.

You'll be surprised.  Millennials are having kids.  Middle/upper middle class people with families are the backbone of traditional conservative ideology, and a massive new crop is emerging.

But conservatism's total acceptance of "income inequality" as a way of life will doom it.

It won't.  People with actual financial skin in the game lose their AOC idealism very quickly.

People dont know why their families should go bankrupt or die over lack of health coverage while the US births more and more billionaires.

If that assertion were real and not the product of a fabricated "study", you might have a point.  But the truth is people don't know why we should take healthcare away from 90% of Americans in order to cover the last 10%.  

The Bernie Sanders and AOC's are on the right track, although it will take time and they are more like Moses than Caesar.  

Bernie is sitting on the easiest chance to defeat an incumbent president since 1980, and he's screwing it up.

I think we are headed for a lot of strife in the next few decades. We will have a form of "civil war", although it will be fought more through cyber related means than actual weapons. 

Few years?  Possibly.  Few decades?  Not a chance.  And "civil war"?  That's just stupid.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.19  igknorantzrulz  replied to  katrix @5.3.17    5 years ago
snort* You don't know much about Corey Taylor if you think he's out to pacify the sheeple.

C'mon, Corey is always attempting to calm , and bring together the conformists, with the non.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.4  Don Overton  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5    5 years ago

Yet you take your news and opinions from Trump, good lord what  hypocrisy 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.4.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Don Overton @5.4    5 years ago

my ideology was carved in stone before anyone even heard of trump.

we dont follow trump, he does what we elected him to do.

hint:  crushing marxist/socialists dreams is the american thing to do

are you not entertained?   we are :)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.2  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.4.1    5 years ago

Only people who enjoy watching train wrecks or grisly automobile accidents are entertained.

Deplorable.  

Marxist fucking socialist blah de fucking blah  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.4.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.2    5 years ago
blah de fucking blah

take it to the bank.

our country has a long history of destroying marxist/socialist dreams.  it is a tradition.

this will never become a socialist hell hole - we will burn it all down first.

we like re-building things :)

Only people who enjoy watching train wrecks 

trainwrecks / demoncrats - what's the difference?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6  igknorantzrulz    5 years ago

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7  igknorantzrulz    5 years ago

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7    5 years ago

Sorry John, trying to figure IT OUT, and i spell IT   IDIOT

I want my avatar to be in motion and this video is what it's from

user image
Freshman Silent
9      5 years ago

It saddens me to see this statement come from one of my childhood favorite bands. I actually went to one of their concerts just this year even. He is entitled to his opinion however. I think this was a bad move to alienate a section of your fan base especially when your last 2 or three albums have been complete sell out garbage that is already turning them off. I will always remember their first 2 albums as some of the best and most relatable music of my childhood....

Split Personality
Professor Guide
10  Split Personality    5 years ago

Interesting article that the author may agree is on topic in as much as

much has been made of healthcare on these threads.....

I am confused by the "non profit" status this State of Virginia owned healthcare network has, given last year's profit was over 500 million and UVA maintains an  endowment of over 1 billion.

The stories are right out of the tales of Ebenezer Scrooge and A Christmas Carol, minus the happy endings.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Split Personality @10    5 years ago

The stories are right out of the tales of Ebenezer Scrooge and A Christmas Carol, minus the happy endings.

gotta find some new mausses , but i digress.

Yes, i was guilty of off topic Obamacare commentary, as this article jumped around a bit.

I was hit with many questions about things implemented under Trump.

I attempted tasteful explanations, often i must ask myself Y... 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
11  It Is ME    5 years ago

What's a "Slipknot" and why does the lead singer feel he has to masturbate for the crowd wearing a mask ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

katrix
Sophomore Participates
11.1  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @11    5 years ago
What's a "Slipknot" and why does the lead singer feel he has to masturbate for the crowd wearing a mask

Slipknot is a band, obviously. And if you think it's odd when a rock or rap or pop star grabs his/her crotch, you don't have much exposure to music. For some reason, quite a few people seem unable to perform if they aren't grabbing their junk from time to time - including some women performers.

Although if you think that's bad, you should have seen Billy Squier back in the day. I saw him at Merriweather and I actually wondered if they had cut a hole in the stage, the way he was humping the stage floor.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
11.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @11.1    5 years ago
you don't have much exposure to music.

Actually …… I do !

I guess I have this  propensity to want to go see musical venues that DON'T "NEED" to grab there own crotch. 

I'm just "OLD" SCHOOL I suppose. jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

"the way he was humping the stage floor."

Does that mean the "Music" was terrible, so they do something the crowd would really notice instead ? jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

"GOOD" music doesn't need a Sluts "Gimmick" ! jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  katrix @11.1    5 years ago

Maybe Billy was having a STROKE

katrix
Sophomore Participates
11.1.3  katrix  replied to  igknorantzrulz @11.1.2    5 years ago

groan ;)

Pedro
Professor Participates
12  Pedro    5 years ago

Morons and/or delusional. Either way, I agree with Mr Taylor.