╌>

Knife Attack at Paris Police Headquarters Leaves 4 Dead

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  25 comments

Knife Attack at Paris Police Headquarters Leaves 4 Dead
The employee moved methodically from his office, up the stairs and back down, killing one woman and three men as he went

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

An unusual building located somewhere in France. .Credit: Architectural Digest

The employee, a 45-year-old man who worked in computer services for the intelligence division of the Paris police, moved methodically from his office, up the stairs and back down, killing one woman and three men as he went, police union officials told French television.

The attack immediately raised fears of a return to  the waves of terrorism that hit Paris in 2015  and 2016, which included assaults on the police, although officials were looking elsewhere for a motive, at least for now.

Discontent among police officers was already rising before the attack, and the authorities will almost certainly be asked to explain how a man with a knife was able to enter a heavily secured Police Headquarters filled with armed officers and kill four people before finally being brought down.

The unhappiness and disquiet plaguing the French police have led to a record number of suicides and to  a mass demonstration by officers through Paris  on Wednesday, the biggest in nearly 20 years.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

The suspect, a 20-year-veteran of the force, was not immediately identified by the police. He struck in his own office first before going upstairs to kill two more colleagues, Mr. Jacob, the union official, said. By then, the alarm had been raised. As the attacker entered the sprawling courtyard, traversed by thousands of visitors every day, a police officer took out his weapon and shot him, officials said.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

The attacker had converted to Islam, according to a police spokesman, who spoke on the condition of anonymity in accordance with police protocols. The spokesman added that that was just one element of the investigation, and that his conversion “doesn’t mean that he is radicalized.”

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Apologies for duplicate seed-- computer was slow so I thought I had to re-post it.

Anyway I deleted the other one so now there should only be one copy posted (this one)-- although I've noticed that sometimes duplicate seeds stay up on front page for a few minutes after one is deleted, But it should be OK now.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1  dave-2693993  replied to  Krishna @3    5 years ago

I thought it was an exercise in quantum mechanics?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  dave-2693993 @3.1    5 years ago
I thought it was an exercise in quantum mechanics?

Well perhaps it was...in a manner of speaking...jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1.2  dave-2693993  replied to  Krishna @3.1.1    5 years ago

BTW, what happened to your nurse photo?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  dave-2693993 @3.1.2    5 years ago

BTW, what happened to your nurse photo?

Nurse photo? What nurse photo? 

I doan know nuthin 'bout no nurse photo!

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1.4  dave-2693993  replied to  Krishna @3.1.3    5 years ago

hmmm? Must have been part of that top secret experiment.

Well, I can donate a very pretty UKRANIAN nurse. Okay, okay, okay, so she is not really a nurse and only played the part of a nurse. A UKRANIAN one. That has to count for something these days. Maybe the second most popular topic the past couple of weeks, even.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
4  dave-2693993    5 years ago

I guess we may see what the investigation uncovers...?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  dave-2693993 @4    5 years ago

The European countries including Great Britain have made it a crime to release such information (if it may hurt someone's feelings).

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
4.1.1  dave-2693993  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    5 years ago

That is my concern Buzz.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Freefaller  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    5 years ago
The European countries including Great Britain have made it a crime to release such information (if it may hurt someone's feelings).

Buzz is that hyperbole and rhetoric or an actual law that you can provide a link to?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Freefaller @4.1.2    5 years ago

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.3    5 years ago

Actually, I'm really surprised that they released that the perpetrator had recently converted to Islam.  That's supposed to be a secret.

user image
Freshman Silent
5      5 years ago

Ban all sharp knives. They are designed only to cut things. We dont need them in society. Only licensed chefs should be allowed to have sharp knives

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  @5    5 years ago
Only licensed chefs should be allowed to have sharp knives

OK-- but should non-chefs (or perhaps people who cook and think they are great chefs but are really bad cooks) at least be allowed to have dull knives?

user image
Freshman Silent
5.1.1    replied to  Krishna @5.1    5 years ago

Maybe if they register it and take classes to learn how to use them responsibly. They should also agree to wrap themselves in bubble wrap when using them to keep insurance costs down

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  @5.1.1    5 years ago

Or...maybe just plain Saran wrap?

(At least that way their motives would be transparent?)

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5.2  Freefaller  replied to  @5    5 years ago
Ban all sharp knives.

That's a silly suggestion.  Knives don't kill people, people kill people. Obviously we should ban people

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  @5    5 years ago
Ban all sharp knives. They are designed only to cut things. We dont need them in society. Only licensed chefs should be allowed to have sharp knives

Knives are dangerous, Here's what he was able to do with a knife before the police could bring him down:

a man with a knife was able to enter a heavily secured Police Headquarters filled with armed officers and kill four people before finally being brought down.

He killed four people!

(Now imagine if, instead of a knife, his weapon was an AK-15 with a bump stock and a large magazine.What would your estmate be of the number of people he could've mowed down in the same about of time? 4?

Or maybe just 1 or 2?

Or would the AK-15, bump stock, and large capacity magazine enable him to murder even a few more than 4?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    5 years ago

France should follow in Germany's footsteps !

"German states to ban knives in public places due to drastic surge in attacks"

At least France Banned Plastic "CUT"lery ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Time to take it a step further I say. jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @6    5 years ago
Time to take it a step further I say.

(See comment # 5.3, above)