╌>

The Firing of former Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  5 years ago  •  107 comments

The Firing of former Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch

First, a bit of background from Wiki :

Former Ambassador Yovanovitch is a graduate of Princeton University, where she earned a B.A. in History and Russian Studies in 1980. She studied at the Pushkin Institute (1980) and was awarded an M.S. from the National Defense University National War College in 2001.

She has served this country faithfully since her first assignment in Ottowa in 1986.  That assignment was followed by overseas assignments including Moscow, London, and Mogadishu.[9] From May 1998 to May

2000 she served as the Deputy Director of the Russian Desk in the U.S. Department of State. 
From August 2001 to June 2004, as a career member of the senior foreign service, she was the Deputy Chief of Mission of the U.S. Embassy in Kiev, Ukraine.[10] From August 2004 to May 2005 she was the Senior Advisor to the Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs. 

Yovanovitch was nominated on June 3, 2005 to serve as the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Kyrgyz Republic, and confirmed by the United States Senate on June 30, 2005. She was the United States Ambassador to Kyrgyzstan from November 20, 2004, to February 4, 2008, and the United States Ambassador to Armenia from August 1, 2008, to June 3, 2011. 

Yovanovitch was nominated to be the ambassador to Ukraine on May 18, 2016, to replace Geoff Pyatt, and was sworn in on August 18, 2016.  She was recalled On May 20th of 2019.

Marie Yovanovitch has served the United States honorably in every post to which she has been assigned. There isn't one bit of proof that she has engaged in any sort of impropriety or unscrupulous dealings.  

Nevertheless, yesterday, Donald Trump stood in front of reporters, and when asked about the ambassador's firing, he said "I don't know if I recalled her or somebody recalled her, but I heard very, very bad things about her for a very long period of time -- not good."   In the phone call to Ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelensky, he said, ""The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that,"  He added, "She's going to go through some things."

Trump trampled Ambassador Yovanovitch, her character, and her impeccable service to this country, and he did in the name of a political personal agenda.  Translation:  He fired her because she wouldn't 'play ball' regarding Trump's efforts to disparage political rival Joe Biden.  There isn't an excuse on this planet that would make his disgusting antics ok.

And PS:  Rudy Giuliani needs to flush himself down the nearest toilet for his part in the recall of Ambassador Yovanovitch.  In a Wall Street Journal interview , he admitted that he encouraged Trump to fire her because she was interfering with the issue at hand. 

Since when have positive character traits turned into liabilities?  To say that this is an alarming trend is an understatement.     

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

As of today, I'll be waving my Trump Derangement Syndrome flag proudly.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

unbelievable, yet again

this A Whole knows no bounds

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

Same here.

There's something rotten in the White House and it has orange hair

Professor Guide
1.2.1  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2    5 years ago
There's something rotten in the White House and it has orange hair

And really tiny...hands.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

it's a chicken shit move by the biggest walking pile of chicken shit in the US

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
1.4  Steve Ott  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

Treason (!), Sedition, and Trump Derangement Syndrome

Finally, regarding Trump Derangement Syndrome: I'm getting rather tired of the phenomenon whereby anyone who examines and tries to comprehend what our president has done or said and to have a rational conversation about it is accused of suffering from TDS.  Let's change that narrative, shall we?  A number of diseases or syndromes are named after well-known sufferers from the disease —Lou Gehrig's disease being best known in this category. We've been thinking about Trump Derangement Syndrome all wrong! It refers, actually, to the particular form of derangement from which our president appears to be suffering.  I invite readers to read what I have written about the Ukrainian Affair and what Trump has written about the Ukrainian Affair (additional excerpts from Trump's Twitter feed are below, and the rest can be found here ), and to ask yourself: who's the deranged one here?

Trump is the embodiment of deranged. Buffoonishly lambasting others for behavior manifested only in himself.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
1.4.2  Steve Ott  replied to    5 years ago

?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.4.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Steve Ott @1.4.2    5 years ago

They wish not to be informed of the actual reality of the world around them. I;ve attempted to inform others via valid sources, but they too refuse to entertain any other than THEIR Entertainmeant for them

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
1.4.4  Steve Ott  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.4.3    5 years ago

I have no idea who They are nor do I understand any of your statement. Could you be a little more succinct?

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.5  CB  replied to  Steve Ott @1.4    5 years ago

Well stated and reasoned article in your comment. I do not say that as a partisan. I agree with his writer, David Post, because President Donald Trump is plainly running to microphones everywhere and anytime to convey unpresidential level and improper disinformation to this nation's citizenry.

Anyone taking a clear eye approach can see Trump by his repetition of truthful hyperbole he manages to delude himself into believing a narrative of his own making—and not being dissuaded of it. Trump is his own sounding board. He makes this clear, because he makes the deliverables himself and likely, considers his repertoire of delivered statements equal (or better) than any supplied by a Trump surrogate!

President Donald Trump is a dangerous man, because he does not have the wisdom to know when to stop talking (about himself). He is a copious liar and we can be confident that world leaders know he is the kind of fool that you do not take at his spoken or written word.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.4.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Steve Ott @1.4.4    5 years ago

They = Trump supporters/defenders and sticking their heads in the sand.

Some refuse to even read something not from a right wing site, unseen to them would be an actual reality for those artificially flavored buy Trumps' kool Aid, as it's on sale.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
1.4.7  cobaltblue  replied to  Steve Ott @1.4    5 years ago
Let's change that narrative, shall we? 

Yes, let's. Let us take out Trump's name and insert Obama's name in articles with the most egregious and intolerable behavior ever exhibited by a president. Let's see the reaction to such situation. For instance, the hue and cry when Michelle Obama wore a sleeveless dress was off the charts, as it was when President Obama wore a tan suit or when he put his feet up on his desk. Blasphemy, they all screamed!!! Classless, they said over and over again. Oh dear gawd, the snowflakes were up in arms. But let Trump publicly, on multiple occasions, lust for his own daughter and that's okay. Grabbing pussies? Oh, just locker room talk. 

The Traitor In Chief was calling his supporters idiots on the day he said he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and they'd still vote for him. They were too deplorably stupid to even fathom his insult. 

I don't understand why they don't question the fact that if he has nothing to hide, he would be more obliged to be transparent. "You think I cheated on my taxes? Here ... here are my returns for the last ten years. It was a perfect conversation with Ukraine, and here are the actual and entire transcripts to prove it. You believe I've had inappropriate dialogue with Russia, China, Ukraine, others? Then look at my secret server. 

What happened to infrastructure? What happened to special counsel for Hillary? What happened to Mexico paying for the wall? He counts on low intellect people to soak it up, and they do. And when questioned about their blind faith, especially after their outcry about President Obama, then they jump on their TDS bandwagon. Fortunately we're not as stupid as they are. We can see the fat, grubby, lying, cheating emperor has not a stitch of clothing. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.4.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.4.3    5 years ago
but they too refuse to entertain any other than THEIR Entertainmeant for them

So you looked at both sides and all possible sources then at every turn. Good on ya.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.4.9  JohnRussell  replied to  cobaltblue @1.4.7    5 years ago

?url=pbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FEGOURs4UUAEn7au.jpg&token=c83d69d46aa59289a9a637e87bbb25e0f140b6cb

Professor Guide
1.4.10  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  cobaltblue @1.4.7    5 years ago

I love it when you get all riled up and sassy!  

Trump works for me, and I expect transparency from my employees.  Nothing to hide?  Then spank it up. 

Yeah.  That's what I thought.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2  katrix    5 years ago
I don't know if I recalled her or somebody recalled her, but I heard very, very bad things about her for a very long period of time -- not good

Yet Trump and his worshippers constantly screech about "unnamed sources" - which not only shows that they have absolutely NO idea how investigative journalism works, or the intellectual curiosity to find out - it also shows what total a fucking hypocrite Trump is, as are any of his supporters who buy this bullshit. Because he constantly says things like "some people say" or "I've heard very very bad things" without saying anything about what those bad things were, or who said them.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real, and it's a disease caused by worshipping the Orange Idol, which makes people throw away all sense of common decency, ethics, morality, honesty, and patriotism.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  katrix @2    5 years ago

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real, and it's a disease caused by worshipping the Orange Idol, which makes people throw away all sense of common decency, ethics, morality, honesty, and patriotism.

Trump decided those traits are over rated, especially when it is he, that be beraten 

Professor Guide
2.1.1  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1    5 years ago
especially when it is he, that be beraten 

A clever boy, you are.

Professor Guide
2.2  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  katrix @2    5 years ago
Because he constantly says things like "some people say" or "I've heard very very bad things" without saying anything about what those bad things were, or who said them

Agreed!  He knew damn good and well that he is responsible for firing Ambassador Yovanovitch.  He also knows that she didn't deserve it, which is why he tried to bamboozle reporters with his trademark and cowardly non-ownership of the act.   

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.2.1  katrix  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2    5 years ago

Funny that the man with "one of the greatest memories of all time" can't even remember whether he recalled her, or if someone else did.

She must have told the truth, or done something else horrible like that which goes against everything Trump stands for.

Perhaps she'll have even more opportunities to tell the truth during the investigation. Heh.

Professor Guide
2.2.2  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  katrix @2.2.1    5 years ago
She must have told the truth, or done something else horrible like that which goes against everything Trump stands for.

That's exactly what happened, and Rudy Giuliani admitted it during an interview with The Wall Street Journal.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  katrix @2.2.1    5 years ago

Knowing that he would turn on her eventually, she still accepted the position.  I don't know if that makes her blind or determined.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.4  Split Personality  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2.3    5 years ago

She accepted the position ( a 36 month assignment ) from the Obama State Department.

Trump recalled her about three months prior to the normal end of her term.

Given the skullduggery by Guliani, she is way too smart not to have anticipated a possible early exit.

My question is this.  Is she still on State Dept payroll and if so will Pompeo let her testify?

A lot of people have confused "recalled" with being fired and that is simply not the case.

IMHO she would have to formerly resign, like Volker did, in order to testify.

Critical difference being that Yovanovitch was a paid professional career diplomat ( since 1986)

Volker was an 'volunteer'.

Professor Guide
2.2.5  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.4    5 years ago
A lot of people have confused "recalled" with being fired

With the bullshit Trump has been spreading all over the place, what government options will be open to her?  We both know he will stick to his story about 'bad things', etc.  Government life is over for her...at least while Trump remains in office.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.6  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.5    5 years ago
She is currently a diplomat in residence at the Institute for the Study of Diplomacy at Georgetown University .

That implies that she is still on State's payroll.

Seems like it's worth her while to see wait out the next election.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.7  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.5    5 years ago

The Diplomat in Residence program is generally a 12 month stint where these very experienced Ambassadors are used to recruit and screen future FSOs.

There are usually 16 Ambassadors  each covering 3 to 4 states or territories of the US near the Ambassadors assigned University, in this case Georgetown,  so she is stationed in Washington DC.

Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, lol.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    5 years ago

"Since when have positive character traits turned into liabilities?"

In "Politics" ?

ALWAYS !

Someone else will take her place !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    5 years ago

_v=63f541570210531

She's not his type. 

Professor Guide
4.1  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @4    5 years ago

Nothin' but net!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1    5 years ago

his type

th?id=OIP.TIfiVFPG6S65cBGftfZLAgHaJ8&w=200&h=269&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5  Ronin2    5 years ago

Ambassadors serve at the behest of the US President. Their appointments can be withdrawn at any time for any reason.

Unless of course the left thinks Trump should check with them first before exercising his powers granted under the Constitution?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1  It Is ME  replied to  Ronin2 @5    5 years ago
Ambassadors serve at the behest of the US President. Their appointments can be withdrawn at any time for any reason.

Why is it folks seem to put that in the waaaaaaaaaaay back of their minds anyway ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.1  CB  replied to  It Is ME @5.1    5 years ago

Well, if you mean working for an ass-clown who is striving to get himself impeached—then, she should have 'bowed out' long ago. Indeed, anyone who understands the nature of this "Trump-beast" should leave Donald 'high and dry' because only "true patriotic" conservatives take Donald at his word.

Donald deserves only true patriotic conservatives to diss; Heck where is good old John Sessions these days - I hope he has not been driven to hitting the bottle or taking pills to calm himself!  /s

Professor Guide
5.2  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ronin2 @5    5 years ago
Unless of course the left thinks Trump should check with them first before exercising his powers granted under the Constitution

I thought you were smarter than this.  It's not about exercising his powers, it's about his preference regarding justification.  He is saying that she is a bad person who has done bad things.  She has not been connected to one ounce of scandal.  She has been revered by diplomats on both sides of the aisle.  What he's doing to her is much worse than what he's doing to Biden.  It's not right and you know it. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.2    5 years ago
She has not been connected to one ounce of scandal.  She has been revered by diplomats on both sides of the aisle. 

There has to be an actual real "Scandal" that occurred for her to be connected to any. 

Just because Democrat Politicians say there's a scandal, doesn't make it one.

Same goes for the Biden thingy. It can be said there was a scandal, doesn't make it one either.

All sound fishy, but nothing "definitive" on any of it !

It is fun to watch politicians going after one another though. At least they're leaving us alone for a change. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.3  Sunshine  replied to  Ronin2 @5    5 years ago
Unless of course the left thinks Trump should check with them first before exercising his powers granted under the Constitution?

That is exactly what they think.   

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sunshine @5.3    5 years ago

Removing for cause is not the same as removal just because.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.3.2  Sunshine  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.3.1    5 years ago
removal just because.

That is the nature of politics, people are removed all the time without cause.  

Even his highness Obama did it.  

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.3  CB  replied to  Sunshine @5.3.2    5 years ago

I must have missed that happening. Please share who Obama fired without cause. Make me smarter. . . please!

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.3.4  katrix  replied to  Sunshine @5.3.2    5 years ago
Even his highness Obama did it.

Unlike your orange idol, Obama did not publicly smear people - with absolutely no evidence provided, just a vague "many people say" as Trump always pulls when he's speaking out of his ass to insult someone - when he removed someone from a position. But then, he was a grownup, not a toddler.

TDS apparently makes people think that this disgusting behavior is acceptable - or maybe people with TDS have always thought that way, and that's why they worship Trump and refuse to ever, ever admit that anything he's done is wrong. Instead they throw out "Obama!" "Hillary!" "Fake News!" because they have no valid excuses.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.3.5  Sunshine  replied to  Sunshine @5.3.2    5 years ago

He liked firing Generals too.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.3.6  lady in black  replied to  Sunshine @5.3.5    5 years ago

And Crooked donnie knows more than Generals, ask him, he tell you.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.3.7  Sunshine  replied to  CB @5.3.3    5 years ago
Make me smarter. . . please!

[ deleted ] Was Yovanovitch removed without cause?  We don't really know do we?  Nonetheless it is politics, people get fired.  The whining never ends with liberals.

The incoming Obama administration has notified all politically-appointed ambassadors that they must vacate their posts as of Jan. 20, the day President-elect Barack Obama takes the oath of office, a State Department official said.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.3.8  Sunshine  replied to  lady in black @5.3.6    5 years ago
And Crooked donnie knows more than Generals,

Apparently Obama thought he did too!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.3.9  lady in black  replied to  Sunshine @5.3.8    5 years ago

Obama never said it to the whole world like Crooked donnie did

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.10  CB  replied to  Sunshine @5.3.7    5 years ago

Well, without backstopping your link, you appear to have made me smarter. I am sure I heard about that at the time, but with so much "recessioning" going on at the time I must have 'passed' on the Obama decision with a tongue and cheek expression. This is different from that, seeing that she has been kept on for a considerable time by this president—at least, until she came to his full-attention.

That out of the way, you brought a 'deliverable.' And, for that I am obliged to you. See? This is how we can make harmony out of discordant sounds. (Smile.)

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.11  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sunshine @5.3.5    5 years ago

Tso

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.3.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  lady in black @5.3.9    5 years ago

The news, including WaPo, covered it. But it was Mr. Obama so no big deal.......then. Now is different because.......... well Trump.

jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.3.13  katrix  replied to  Sunshine @5.3.7    5 years ago
The whining never ends with liberals.

The complete avoidance (I'd say "ignorance" in some cases, but since I don't think you're stupid, I'll assume you're doing this deliberately) of the actual point never ends with TDS sufferers. Better to pretend not to know what the real problem is, than to admit your orange idol did anything wrong.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.3.14  Split Personality  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.3.11    5 years ago

or just Tso's chickens?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.3.15  Sunshine  replied to  katrix @5.3.13    5 years ago
 (I'd say "ignorance" in some cases, but since I don't think you're stupid, I'll assume you're doing this deliberately)

Ain't that a hoot, I feel the same way about you.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.16  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.3.12    5 years ago

Well Just Jim NC TttH, everything Trump does ought to suffer further scrutiny due to his poor-quality track record. After all, that man is infamous for lying for pleasure.

Note: Just Jim! You can make me smarter too! What does "TttH" mean?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.3.17  lady in black  replied to  Sunshine @5.3.7    5 years ago

And the blinders never come off of conservatives.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.18  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lady in black @5.3.17    5 years ago

Trump told them they would help with there peripheral vision 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.3.19  MrFrost  replied to  Sunshine @5.3.5    5 years ago

You mean like Mike Flynn, who is heading for prison? LOL 

Gotta love it, Obama told trump to not hire flynn because he was crooked, but donny is too fucking stupid to listen, hires him anyway. How well did that work out? 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.3.21  Ronin2  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.3.1    5 years ago

It doesn't matter what the cause is; or just because.

Ambassadors serve at the behest of the President. They can be removed at any time for any reason. Period.

It doesn't matter how much it bunches up left wing panties.

Trump did nothing wrong by removing her, period.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.3.22  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @5.3.19    5 years ago
You mean like Mike Flynn, who is heading for prison? LOL 

Obama firing 9 Generals in one year.  But, Obama good....Orange man bad. jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

They hypocrisy never ends.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.3.23  lady in black  replied to    5 years ago

So Crooked donnie knows more than all the Generals...sure he does

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.24  CB  replied to    5 years ago

Does it always come out later that Trump knows more? Or, can it be the republicans are blocking the truth from having its way with Donald? One has to wonder which has whom: Is Donald Trump the so-called "genius" behind all his administration's chaos or is his republican entourage in the House, Senate, and Administration, and last but not least, "FOXie Neus." channel the madmen?

Whichever it is, Donald Trump has got it 'bad.' I'm starting to worry that is he is sicker than any of us can imagine! We may live to all see men in white coats appearing around and throughout the White House grounds looking to do a presidential 'extraction' on the leader of the free world!

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.25  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3.21    5 years ago

Wow! Ronin2, may be you should show your comment to the 'right conservative channel' and you too can get an offer of an ambassadorship! Do keep in mind not to make too large purchases with long-terms in case you too get the shove off by Trump-in-Chief Inc.!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.3.26  Ronin2  replied to  CB @5.3.25    5 years ago

Sorry, I can't stand Trump. I kiss no ass. I would offend any US president- since I am a true independent. Haven't vote for an Establishment party candidate for President since Clinton second term.

I also have a very good paying job; so I don't need government work.

However, I am far more afraid of the Democrat abuse of power than I am of Trump. We will survive Trump.  The Democratic power grab- I am not so sure.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.27  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3.26    5 years ago

Yes. Very tedious. Not sure how I am supposed to validate who and what you are online. But, "Do tell." *Yawn.

NOTE: This comment is rhetorical. Please remain anonymous as is mandatory.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     5 years ago

It's my understanding that Marie is fluent in three languages. That would piss off Trump since he isn't fluent in any language...Covfefe.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @6    5 years ago

American Englich, Frenchy Canadian and Russian if I recall, lol

So she certainly knows how to curse in Ukranian.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Split Personality @6.1    5 years ago
and Russian if I recall

Trump only knows two words in Russian, "Da ser!" (Yes sir!)… The only words Putin taught him.

Professor Guide
6.2  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @6    5 years ago
That would piss off Trump since he isn't fluent in any language...Covfefe.

I am in bigly agreement.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
7  dave-2693993    5 years ago

Here is an interesting excerpt about Yovanavich/Jovanavich/ Jovanovic from the Zelensky - Trump discussion:

Zelensky:  I wanted to tell you about this investigation.First of all, I understand that I am aware of this situation.Since we took an absolute majority in our parliament, the next attorney general will be 100% my man, my candidate, who will be approved by parliament and begin a new investigation in September.He or she will look, delve into this situation, specifically for the company that is mentioned in this matter (Burisma - Ed. )The question of investigating this case in reality is to restore honesty, so we will deal with it.In addition, I would like to kindly ask if you have any additional information that you could provide to us, this would be very useful for the investigation.To make sure that we bring justice to our country regarding the Ambassador of the United States of America to Ukraine.As far as I remember, her name was Jovanovic. It was wonderful that you were the first to tell me that she was a bad ambassador, because I agree with you 100%.Her attitude towards me was far from the best, as she admired the previous president and was on his side. She would never have accepted me well enough as the new president.

A little background:

The west did more than it's fair share to dangle the carrot in front of Ukraine leading the ouster of then elected Ukraine President Yanukovych, who, btw was friendly with Putin's Russia. 

Mind you, Yanukovych had made some overtures to join the EU and become part of the EU economy. When push came to shove Yanukovych overtly switched his loyalty to Russia and the Russian way.

The combination of smoke filled back alley rooms, US and EU influence and a large enough amount of Ukrainians to stage protests in Kiev and bingo, we saw and or experienced Euro Maidan aka, just plan old Maidain for Ukranians or those close enough.

Okay, Poreshenko came and Poreshenko left, doing just enough to keep the EU interested and the US feeling guilty enough to provide a level of financial aid for "border security", aka, defending against "vacationing" Russian military and Russian separatists in the east; basically corralled into the Donbas region. Could have been much worse, not much thanks to either the US or the EU.

So now we have Zelensky. Interesting character. He is a comedian, no joke. Guess what else he is? He is a little friendly with Russia. How about that?

Things that make you go hmmmm?...on more than one level and more than one possibility.

Back in a few minutes with some background on Yovanavich/Jovanavich/ Jovanovic and a collision course set in place with Trump since her appointment as the US Ambassador to Ukraine in 2016.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
8  dave-2693993    5 years ago

VOICE OF RUSSIAN-SPEAKING AMERICA

Home     In the U.S.     New US Ambassador to Ukraine: Who is Marie Yovanovitch

The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.

New US Ambassador to Ukraine: Who is Marie Yovanovitch

24.06.2016, 15: 13 EST   A source:   Voice of America
%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%8B%D0%BC%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9-87.jpg
On Tuesday, the Senate’s International Relations Committee held hearings on the approval of new US ambassadors in several countries, including Ukraine.

“Ukraine has made significant progress in reforming, but there is still a lot of work ahead,” said Marie Yovanovitch during the hearings:

“Ukraine has advanced in reforming over the past 2 of the year further than in the first 23 of the year of independence. I am optimistic about the further progress of reforms, taking into account recent important achievements, such as judicial reform. At the same time, Ukraine still needs to do a lot, including meeting the requirements of the IMF, fighting corruption, reforming key sectors and limiting the influence of oligarchs, ”she said.

Jovanovic thanked Congress for accepting more than $ 1.3 billion in aid to Ukraine, which includes $ 600 million in security sector reform, border security, and sovereignty protection. If they approve her appointment, then in Kiev she will continue to implement American policy, which is to deepen bilateral relations, support the reform program in Ukraine and protect Ukrainian sovereignty. The latter can be done exclusively in the framework of the Minsk agreements, the diplomat believes.

“Ukraine makes honest attempts to fulfill the Minsk agreements. But Russians and separatists continue to stir up conflict. We need a long-term security situation to implement the political aspects of the Minsk agreements. This means that Russia and the separatists must stop their attacks, ”said Jovanovic during Senate hearings.

Now, the diplomat stressed, there is a surge in military activity in the Donbass due to the actions of the separatists. Sanctions against Russia will continue:
“We clearly told Moscow that the sanctions will remain until Russia fully fulfills its obligations under the Minsk agreements. We do not recognize and will never recognize the Russian attempt to annex Crimea. Our sanctions related to the Crimea will remain until the peninsula is returned to Ukraine. ”

Marie Yovanovitch was born in Canada, in a family of immigrants from Russia and Germany, graduated from Princeton University in New Jersey, where she received a bachelor's degree in history and Russian science, fluent in Russian. Jovanovic worked as Assistant Secretary of State, served as Ambassador to Armenia and Kyrgyzstan and Deputy Head of Mission in Ukraine in 2001-2004, and also worked in US embassies in Moscow, London, Ottawa and Mogadishu.

In Ukraine, she will have to demonstrate diplomatic wonders. Not only because the situation is complicated. Her predecessor, Payette, raised expectations to an incredible height - the senators did not stint on the praise of a diplomat.

Earlier, the White House announced the official nomination of a diplomat Mary Yovanovitch to the post of ambassador of the United States in Kiev. Acting State Ambassador Jeffrey Payette is transferred to work in Greece.
I think the above is a fairly good "in a nutshell" rendering of "Mary Yovanovitch's" Diplomatic career and the 2 bolded wordings (by me) show her diametrically opposed to Trump in either actions historically and words expressed recently.
Hmmmm? I wonder what is going through her mind?