╌>

BREAKING: E.U. Ambassador: Trump pushed Giuliani to have Ukraine investigate his political opponents

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  80 comments

BREAKING: E.U. Ambassador: Trump pushed Giuliani to have Ukraine investigate his political opponents
"My understanding was that the president directed Mr. Giuliani’s participation, that Mr. Giuliani was expressing the concerns of the president,

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Sondland casts blame directly on the president in the 18-page statement he plans to read to House lawmakers before answering their questions in the closed-door session. He also chastises his employer — the State Department — for trying to block his testimony.

Sondland to testify that Trump directed Giuliani to push Ukraine scheme

"My understanding was that the president directed Mr. Giuliani’s participation, that Mr. Giuliani was expressing the concerns of the president," he'll say, according to prepared testimony obtained by NBC News.

WASHINGTON — U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland will tell Congress on Thursday that Rudy Giuliani told him President Donald Trump wanted Ukraine’s new government to investigate both the 2016 election and   a natural gas firm tied to Hunter Biden , according to   prepared testimony obtained by NBC News .

Sondland will testify that Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, even mentioned getting the Ukrainians to investigate "the DNC server" — a reference to a Democratic National Committee computer that plays prominently in a debunked conspiracy theory about Ukrainian interference in 2016.

The ambassador is expected to tell House investigators that he ultimately learned that Giuliani, far from freelancing, was advancing Trump’s goals when he pushed for Ukraine to   investigate the president’s political opponents .

"My understanding was that the president directed Mr. Giuliani’s participation, that Mr. Giuliani was expressing the concerns of the president," Sondland plans to say, according to the prepared testimony.

A key figure in the   unfolding impeachment inquiry , Sondland had no diplomatic experience before Trump nominated him in 2017 to become ambassador to the E.U., a club of nations that does not include Ukraine. He was a wealthy hotelier who donated about $1 million to Trump’s inaugural committee and refers to himself in his prepared testimony as a “lifelong Republican.”

Nonetheless, Sondland casts blame directly on the president in the 18-page statement he plans to read to House lawmakers before answering their questions in the closed-door session. He also chastises his employer — the State Department — for trying to block his testimony.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The "John Dean" moment may have just arrived. 

Expect more derangement from the "president". 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
'Expect more derangement from the "president". 

We expect nothing less.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Sondland threw shade at Trump, while throwing Giuliani under the bus.

Meanwhile lost in the "cease fire" surrender of the Kurds to Turkey's 4,000 square mile grab of Northern Syria

is the criticism of political appointee, multi millionaire hotelier, Sondland for insisting on over a million $$ renovation of the

Ambassadors residence in Brussels while he stays at a hotel.

Meanwhile Mike Mulvaney admitted on live TV that quid pro quos are normal everyday events in international politics, so we should all "get over it".

Don't like Giuliani? "Get over it".

That the POTUS can do whatever he wants?  "Get over it".

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  It Is ME    5 years ago

"BREAKING: E.U. Ambassador: Trump pushed Giuliani to have Ukraine investigate his political opponents"

Having "Private lawyers" is Great !

It's such a bad thing to want to investigate "Corruption", ain't it ?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @2    5 years ago

so Trump tells us,

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1    5 years ago
so Trump tells us,

It was all about the "Process". jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @2    5 years ago

Nothing but corruption involved with this 'president' and his whole freaking administration and cabinet.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    5 years ago
Nothing but corruption involved with this 'president' and his whole freaking administration and cabinet.  

Now who told you that ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @2.2.1    5 years ago

It's quite easy to see and hear if you have your eyes and ears 'open'

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2.3  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.2    5 years ago
It's quite easy to see and hear if you have your eyes and ears 'open'

Your ears have to be listening to something/Someone....right ?

Again:

"who told you that" ?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @2    5 years ago

You just don't get it.  Weeding out corruption is a good thing and not illegal.  A sitting POTUS having someone investigate a political opponent IS ILLEGAL.  A corrupt man bitching about corruption not in his own back yard is hypocritical.  Trump is all do as I say and not what what I do.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.3    5 years ago
A sitting POTUS having someone investigate a political opponent

Shit I must have missed the Democratic convention. That was quick. Oooooh. They had it behind closed doors like the impeachment "investigation". /s

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3.2  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.3    5 years ago
Weeding out corruption is a good thing and not illegal.

Didn't I already note that in comment #2 ?

What's good for the Gander, should be good for the Goose too....shouldn't it be ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.4  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

Because it's truth.  

But then what would tRump supporters know about that?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.3.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.1    5 years ago

Was it the dem party who told 3 foreign governments to investigate Biden.  NOPE.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.4  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2    5 years ago

Private lawyers investigate corruption?  What authority does Giuliani hold to request an official government investigation?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.4.1  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.4    5 years ago
What authority does Giuliani hold to request an official government investigation?

Private Lawyers can go wherever they want, to get info.

Has ANY...… ANY ….. "Government Agency" in this country, told Rudy to stop doing what he....as a Private Citizen....is doing ?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.4.2  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @2.4.1    5 years ago
Has ANY...… ANY ….. "Government Agency" in this country, told Rudy to stop doing what he....as a Private Citizen....is doing ?

Thank you counselor.

Now that you have admitted that Giuliani was acting as a 'Private Citizen' who is not acting for a 'client' and has NO expectation for a claim of Executive privilege, the Committee will be expecting him to comply with their subpoena. If he doesn't, he should be expecting a visit from the DOJ. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.4.3  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @2.4.2    5 years ago

Did you notice the "Question Mark" ? jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.4.4  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @2.4.3    5 years ago

Why yes, YES I did. 

BTFW, are you aware that the SDNY and the FBI has been investigating Giuliani and the other Trump sycophants for MONTHS? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.4.5  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @2.4.4    5 years ago
Why yes, YES I did. 
BTFW, are you aware that the SDNY and the FBI has been investigating Giuliani and the other Trump sycophants for MONTHS? 

No you didn't. jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

BTFW....did you know NONE OF THEM have told anyone to STOP what they're doing ? jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

? (the Shinny Object) jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.4.6  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @2.4.5    5 years ago
No you didn't.

Are you insisting that I didn't notice the question mark? 

Hilarious!

BTFW....did you know NONE OF THEM have told anyone to STOP what they're doing ?

Of course not. SDNY and the FBI gave them all the rope they needed...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.4.7  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @2.4.6    5 years ago
Of course not. SDNY and the FBI gave them all the rope they needed...

Of course not ?

It's like you KNOW ! jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Since "STOPPAGE" hasn't happened ....I guarantee you,  it doesn't rise to a "National" Crises, nor a "Constitutional" crises either !

If it did......They'd be all over it like Flies on Shit !

After all.....just a "Simple" unintended "Fib" to those groups is an IMMIDIATE jailable offense. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Not much to "Worry" about there. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.4.8  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @2.4.7    5 years ago
If it did......They'd be all over it like Flies on Shit !

Guess you missed the fact that the DOJ took a pass on TWO criminal referrals about this issue. Barr refused to even open an investigation. 

The only thing they are all over like flies is Trump's ass. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.4.9  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @2.4.8    5 years ago

Still NO STOPPAGE.

Everything is STILL AOK !

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.4.10  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.4.1    5 years ago
Private Lawyers can go wherever they want, to get info.

In case you weren't paying attention, he wasn't trying to GET INFO, he was trying to make a foreign government investigate his client's political rival.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.4.11  lady in black  replied to  Ozzwald @2.4.10    5 years ago

Facts don't matter, only alternative facts are true

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.4.12  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.4.10    5 years ago
he wasn't trying to GET INFO , he was trying to make a foreign government investigate his client's political rival.

Joe got the nod to run against Trump already ?

By the way …. "To Investigate"....and "To Get Information".....is pretty much the same thing. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.4.13  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.4.12    5 years ago
Joe got the nod to run against Trump already ?

Apparently Trump thought so.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.4.14  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.4.12    5 years ago
By the way …. "To Investigate"....and "To Get Information".....is pretty much the same thing.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

No, it really isn't.  He wasn't the one trying to do the investigation, he was trying to make a foreign government investigate his client's political rival.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.4.15  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.4.14    5 years ago
No, it really isn't.

Yes....it really is.

Why does one Investigate ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.4.16  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @2.4.4    5 years ago

I had forgotten all about the SDNY investigations, completely forgot!  They're just as damning as anything he's done while in office.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.4.17  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.4.15    5 years ago

Why does one Investigate ?

Because it is their job to.  That's why they are called "investigators", not lawyers.

And again, Giuliani was NOT TRYING TO GET INFORMATION!  He was trying to make a foreign government investigate his client's political rival.  A country that had already passed on the right wing conspiracy claim.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.4.18  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.4.17    5 years ago
Because it is their job to.

Try again. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Here's a lead in for you ….. One Investigates to geeeeeet ……. ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.4.19  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.4.18    5 years ago
Here's a lead in for you ….. One Investigates to geeeeeet ……. ?

Their paycheck?

Are you trying to claim that Giuliani is investigating Biden himself?  If so, you claim goes against everything Trump and Giuliani  have admitted for themselves.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.4.20  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.4.19    5 years ago
Their paycheck?

Try again !

One Investigates to geeeeeet ……. ?

I'll give you the first Letter...… "I". jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Ever since the transcript of the phone call between Trump and the Ukrainian president came out, there has been a path toward impeachment underway. The committee in Congress has been interviewing witnesses every day.  Nothing has been mentioned as occurring in those interviews that is exculpatory for Trump. Most of the trickle of information that has come out of the committee is that the witnesses are corroborating the most damaging aspects about the phone call and other communications on the subject by other officials. 

Nothing is preventing Republicans or other Trump supporters who have information from speaking out to contradict what is taking place in the hearings, but we are not seeing that. 

Where is Nunes ? He is on that committee. Where is Nunes saying all the interviews are "nothing"?  Or that they show Trump innocence?  

Yes, there will be impeachment. What is Trump's defense ?   "Yes, I did it . So what" ? 

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    5 years ago

By any historical standards of comparison what Donald Trump has been coldass busted doing this time is exactly the worst sort of high crimes that our Founders imagined. For conspiring with foreign governments against the laws and the people of The United States of America Donald J. Trump must be impeached, convicted and removed from office forthwith. There are no good reasons for anyone to hesitant any longer. It can all be done quit quickly. JUST DO IT!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5    5 years ago

Perhaps you should write or call your Democratic leaders and push for that then.