╌>

West Virginia's Governor Invites Virginia Counties to Join the State to Avoid Proposed Gun Laws

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  donald-j-trump-fan-1  •  4 years ago  •  98 comments

By:   Julio Rosas

West Virginia's Governor Invites Virginia Counties to Join the State to Avoid Proposed Gun Laws
"If you're not truly happy where you are, we stand with open arms to take you, from Virginia or anywhere you may be. We stand strongly behind the Second Amendment, and we stand strongly for the unborn," Justice said. With Justice was Liberty University President Jerry Falwell, who said it was time for a "VEXIT," alluding to the United Kingdom's "Brexit" from the European Union. "The Democrats are anti-life, anti-Second Amendment, anti-liberty, and even anti-business with their oppressive...

This is a great idea.  It’s time to redraw the boundaries of the original Virginia between the two states again.  

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

West Virginia Governor Jim Justice (R) backed the growing movement within the state to encourage counties in neighboring Virginia to join his state to avoid proposed gun and abortion laws during a press conference on Tuesday.

Justice reminded those in attendance how West Virginia became a state in the first place, with the northern parts of the state removing themselves from Virginia over the issue of it being a slave state. Justice said West Virginia's state Constitution does not have a limit on how many counties can join them with the consent of the state legislature.

"West Virginia is an incredible state, and West Virginia is truly on the move," he continued. "We're a loving, good people, faith-based people. People that really know the difference between right and wrong."

"If you're not truly happy where you are, we stand with open arms to take you, from Virginia or anywhere you may be. We stand strongly behind the Second Amendment, and we stand strongly for the unborn," Justice said.

With Justice was Liberty University President Jerry Falwell, who said it was time for a "VEXIT," alluding to the United Kingdom's "Brexit" from the European Union.

"The Democrats are anti-life, anti-Second Amendment, anti-liberty, and even anti-business with their oppressive environmental regulations," Falwell said. Adding, "While there will likely be a robust debate about how cities and counties could leave their home state of Virginia, one thing is for absolutely certain: many counties are taking a long, hard look at escaping the barbaric, totalitarian, and corrupt Democratic Virginia regime in Richmond."  Some new gun control bills that passed the Commonwealth of Virginia's Public Safety Committee include universal background checks, red flag protective orders, and only allowing the purchase of one handgun per month.

At a recent town hall, Democratic Virginia Delegate Mark Levine  embarrassed himself  while discussing the new gun control bills when he was unable to accurately define what constitutes an "assault weapon."

Recommended from Townhall Some new gun control bills that passed the Commonwealth of Virginia's Public Safety Committee include universal background checks, red flag protective orders, and only allowing the purchase of one handgun per month.

At a recent town hall, Democratic Virginia Delegate Mark Levine  embarrassed himself  while discussing the new gun control bills when he was unable to accurately define what constitutes an "assault weapon."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

"West Virginia is an incredible state, and West Virginia is truly on the move," he continued. "We're a loving, good people, faith-based people. People that really know the difference between right and wrong."

"If you're not truly happy where you are, we stand with open arms to take you, from Virginia or anywhere you may be. We stand strongly behind the Second Amendment, and we stand strongly for the unborn," Justice said.

With Justice was Liberty University President Jerry Falwell, who said it was time for a "VEXIT," alluding to the United Kingdom's "Brexit" from the European Union.

"The Democrats are anti-life, anti-Second Amendment, anti-liberty, and even anti-business with their oppressive environmental regulations," Falwell said. Adding, "While there will likely be a robust debate about how cities and counties could leave their home state of Virginia, one thing is for absolutely certain: many counties are taking a long, hard look at escaping the barbaric, totalitarian, and corrupt Democratic Virginia regime in Richmond." 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    4 years ago

gee, I wonder who stands to pocket the most cash from this proverbial circle jerk of brainless malcontents.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    4 years ago

From my house in Virginia It is about 10 miles to West Va

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.2  katrix  replied to  charger 383 @2    4 years ago

If you follow what Jim Justice has done to the coal miners in WV, you won't want him as your governor. Although since his mines are in many different states, I think he's already screwed you guys as well as Kentucky.  He's currently trying all kinds of tricks to pretend that all those mines aren't actually in his family, but it doesn't seem to be working so far.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    4 years ago

This would be awesome. I would love to see this.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
3.1  katrix  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

What did I ever do to make you hate me?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  katrix @3.1    4 years ago

Ha ha ha! I just think it would be fascinating to see state lines redrawn, or add a few states either by breaking up some states or adding new land. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
4  charger 383    4 years ago

Those goddamn fools in Richmond better pay attention.  The western part of the state is tired of them treating us like redheaded bastards at the family picnic,  Good stuff always goes east of the mountains and they have always expected us to be happy with scraps.   

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  charger 383 @4    4 years ago

You all should go join West Virginia as should western Md, the pan handle to Frederick and Hagerstown, and the far north over to Ocean City.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.2  Split Personality  replied to  charger 383 @4    4 years ago

Get in line behind the proposed state of Jefferson.

I am trully sorry if it is meaningful to you, my friend Charger,

but it is not going to happen any sooner than Jefferson becoming a state.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @4.2    4 years ago

So there is no state of West Virginia to join?

This is very different from Jefferson becoming a state and separating itself from California.

Virginia might scream; but the precedent is already set.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.3  katrix  replied to  charger 383 @4    4 years ago

Actually, the rural areas of Virginia have long been over-represented considering the population and tax revenue of the rest of the state. The old white men just aren't happy now that they've lost the power they've always had; funny how we're always told to suck it up, Trump won, but when it's their turn to suck it up, they start crying like little babies. 

And we in WV don't need more counties that will suck away more tax revenue than they bring in. We especially don't need the likes of Jerry Falwell and his bogus university - we need more good education, not more crappy education.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.3.2  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @4.3.1    4 years ago

Hmmpphhh. I think we're only 49th in the country, not last, when it comes to education - so there!

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.3.4  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @4.3.3    4 years ago

That's hilarious!

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5  katrix    4 years ago
"We're a loving, good people

Some of us in WV are. Jim Justice is not one of those. He changes political parties at the drop of a hat (he was a Democrat when he won the election as governor) - and he owes millions in back taxes and fines for safety violations at his mines. His family fucks over the people of WV every chance they get.

Some Republicans just can't accept defeat.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @5    4 years ago
Jim Justice

He sounds like a real dandy but it doesn't change his message.   The urban anti gun message does not play well with most of rural America.   Something anti gunners are going to have to get used to.    Genuine or not he is speaking to them.

I know of few gun owners who are against truly "common sense" gun laws.   I know many gun owners (including myself) who trust few law makers to have the real "common sense" required to write them without trampling all over law abiding citizens liberties.   Thereby illustrating a large part of the problem.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.1  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @5.1    4 years ago

Virginia's new gun laws don't seem that extreme to me. Interviews with people at the protest showed that most of them don't even understand what the new rules are, they're just reacting to right wing media and the NRA trying to get them all hysterical. Why shouldn't private sellers have to run background checks just as any other gun seller does, to keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them?

(As an aside - I have a huge problem with how WV lets anyone carry without requiring a permit or any training. I'm not a fan of yahoos running around armed without having a clue what to do in a crisis. Some of the people I know who've hunted their entire lives have absolutely no clue about the rules of gun safety.)

Large states with a combination of rural and urban areas have always had this kind of disconnect among their citizens. When WV was formed, it was actually to get away from the minority rule of VA, so it's somewhat ironic that this is attempting to do the exact opposite. The vast majority of Virginia voters agreed with these gun laws.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @5.1.1    4 years ago

Banning entire classes of weapons and magazines is extreme.   No other way to put that.

The Red Flag Law, while great in concept is full of potential problems.   If it's implemented/operated in a fair and honest fashion and has reasonable mechanisms to regain weapon rights i'm all for it.   Problem is, that's a huge if.

Same with the background checks.   I've often desired to have that mechanism available as a private seller as long as no records are kept by the Fed after the transaction is approved.   Again it needs to be implemented correctly and the Fed doesn't have a great track record of doing so.

Not sure what one gun a month is supposed to fix.   When it doesn't change anything will it be changed to one gun a year and then one every five years, etc, etc.   Again, good in concept but it isn't going to fix much if any of the problem and politicians know that.   Its just a first step to more restriction for them IMO.

The vast majority of Virginia voters agreed with these gun laws.

Careful which Tyranny of the Majority you support.   The next time it may affect you negatively.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.4  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.2    4 years ago
Predicated on the wording, me simply loaning one of my hunting rifles to a family member or friend I'm going hunting with could make me a felon or just letting a friend or family member use my gun at a shooting range could do the same.

That would suck - I have a couple of friends with huge arsenals and I had a blast going to the shooting range with them. One of them brought all his guns to my house several years ago; I set up a couple of wooden sawhorses and bought dirt-cheap pumpkins after Halloween, and introduced him to Pumpkin Plinking. Asshole could shoot the stem off the pumpkins (but then, he was a Marine and also belonged to a gun club where they played "hostage situation" with different colored bowling pins. I would add that both of these guys made me tell them all the gun safety rules before they let me touch any of their guns, and watched me closely to make sure I was following them.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.1.6  evilone  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.3    4 years ago
Banning entire classes of weapons and magazines is extreme.   No other way to put that.

It really isn't and has been upheld by the SCOTUS after Reagan signed the Brady Bill.

The Red Flag Law, while great in concept is full of potential problems. If it's implemented in a fair and honest fashion and has reasonable mechanisms to regain weapon rights i'm all for it.   Problem is, that's a huge if.

It certainly can be abused, but then every law can be abused. In the proposed laws I'm familiar with gun confiscation must be approved by a judge and can be appealed. If not then it should be written in before getting passed or amended where such law has already passed.

Same with the background checks.  I've often desired to have that mechanism available as a private seller as long as no records are kept by the Fed after the transaction is approved.   Again it needs to be implemented correctly and the Fed doesn't have a great track record of doing so.

Either someone can or can't purchase a weapon. I don't see any need to keep a record of it other than to catch someone suddenly purchasing dozens of weapons in a very short time indicating a plan to a mass shooting by a person in crisis. Perhaps a mandatory record purge somewhere around 30 to 90 days could be a compromise? As far requiring this as a private seller I can see letting this part of the process be done through a local dealer or an online portal. 

Not sure what one gun a month is supposed to fix.

Yeah I'm not following the logic on this one. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.9  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.3    4 years ago

I can't argue with your skepticism about the Fed doing things right, but obviously I do think some gun control measures are valid.

Not sure what one gun a month is supposed to fix.

I don't either, to be honest. I can just picture the time my uncle bought two matched Colts, one serial number apart.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.10  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.2    4 years ago
I also have a problem with requiring people to have a 'LICENCE' to take advantage of a Constitutional Right.

Some people would claim that requiring voter ID restricts people's Constitutional Right to vote ... I guess it's all relative.

(as they say, it's all relative in West Virginia)

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.12  katrix  replied to    4 years ago
I bet these people hate him

Try reading about all his mine safety violations and the back taxes he owes - millions of dollars which these poor counties could desperately use. $70 million just in civil suits, not to mention a huge conflict of interest with money he's made off Greenbrier. And that's just a start - there are plenty more examples.

Glad you love crooks and liars so much.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.14  katrix  replied to    4 years ago

I think they'd rather have their loved ones back who died because of him.

Even some Republicans are talking about having a primary this year so the Deadbeat Billionaire doesn't get re-elected.

Thanks for reinforcing my opinion that your comments deserve zero respect.  And glad you reinforced that you love crooks. Hey, it's just business, right?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.1.15  sandy-2021492  replied to    4 years ago

He's well-known among local merchants for not paying his bills.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.18  katrix  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.1.15    4 years ago

There's a $1 million judgment against him for just a single vendor, as I recall.

Why do so many voters elect crooks without blinking an eye? I mean, we see a few people in here who clearly don't care about those things, but are that many voters really that stupid? And he was a Democrat, for crying out loud (for what that's worth in a WV politician) - you would think that would have been a double whammy.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.1.20  sandy-2021492  replied to    4 years ago

He is also a man who has a hard time paying the bills.

Since 2016 courts have ordered Justice and his companies to pay more than $10 million to more than a dozen suppliers, workers and government entities. Over the same time, his companies also piled up $13 million-plus in tax liens. He claims to have paid off many of these. Still looming: another $60 million in potential damages in a civil case awaiting final judgment, plus up to $3 million in fines in Kentucky. And then there’s mine reclamation. By federal law, when a surface mine closes, the operator has to restore the landscape. Virginia’s Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy estimates that Justice’s coal companies face $200 million in reclamation liabilities. (Justice claims it will cost closer to $10 million.)

In December 2017, a U.S. district court in New York issued a judgment for $843,000 against Justice’s Southern Coal in favor of National Union Fire Insurance Co. That judgment was transferred to West Virginia, where the U.S. Marshals Service was tasked with seizing assets from Southern Coal accounts at banks that included Wells Fargo and JPMorgan Chase. The marshals found nothing but closed or empty accounts. In January, the court appointed a special commissioner to help get to the bottom of it. Justice tells   Forbes   he plans to settle this one for as little as $150,000. 

Another plaintiff, James River Equipment, sued Justice Energy in 2013 (when it was temporarily owned by Mechel) over a $150,000 unpaid invoice. Justice may have inherited the problem, but his foot-dragging and finger-pointing have made it much worse.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.22  katrix  replied to    4 years ago

removed for context

lib50
Professor Silent
5.1.23  lib50  replied to    4 years ago

Can't refute,  so throw out bs. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.24  igknorantzrulz  replied to  katrix @5.1.22    4 years ago

NICE

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.25  katrix  replied to    4 years ago
Because he had a "D" after his name

West Virginia is a red state.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.1.20    4 years ago

Sounds like tRump.  Stiffing everyone.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    4 years ago

'Some new gun control bills that passed the Commonwealth of Virginia's Public Safety Committee include universal background checks, red flag protective orders, and only allowing the purchase of one handgun per month.'

These laws make good sense.

No wonder they want to do away with them.

They're not restrictive at all.

How many handguns do you need?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @6    4 years ago

It's not Constitutional.

All the gun laws in the world cannot prevent violence by gun because bad people ignore the law.

lib50
Professor Silent
6.2.1  lib50  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    4 years ago

Do not understand this argument.   People break the law, therefore why bother making or enforcing said laws because can't stop every bad thing?  And you are a man who wants to control women's reproductive physiology.  Go figure.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  lib50 @6.2.1    4 years ago
And you are a man who wants to control women's reproductive physiology.  Go figure.

They demand their right to shoot first and ask question later if you step on their property (stand your ground laws) and feel justified shooting a grown adult in the head, while at the same time they demand access into a woman's womb to stop them from terminating a fertilized egg because they claim to be "pro-life".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.2.2    4 years ago
They demand their right to shoot first and ask question later if you step on their property (stand your ground laws) and feel justified shooting a grown adult in the head, 

Not even remotely what stand your ground laws are.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.3    4 years ago

A gun in your hand is much more effective than the police on the phone............

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.2.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.3    4 years ago
Not even remotely what stand your ground laws are.

The States that have stand your ground laws defend them based on the "castle doctrine" which is a set of principles that lessen any duty to retreat when you "feel" threatened. Many who have done just as I described used that and "stand your ground" as their defense claiming justifiable homicide.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.6  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.2.2    4 years ago
They demand their right to shoot first and ask question later if you step on their property (stand your ground laws)

Shoot first and ask questions later?   C'mon man!    There isn't a jury in any state with such laws that would let you get away with that and you know it.  

Too bad that doesn't stop you from posting disingenuous garbage like this.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.2.5    4 years ago
The States that have stand your ground laws defend them based on the "castle doctrine" which is a set of principles that lessen any duty to retreat when you "feel" threatened. Many who have done just as I described used that and "stand your ground" as their defense claiming justifiable homicide.

Which has fuck-all to do with actual stand your ground laws. You can't just shoot someone because they walked on your property--but you, being intelligent, already KNOW that, right?

What you posted earlier suggests that it is perfectly fine to shoot someone on your property for no reason. That isn't true.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.2.5    4 years ago

Here in Columbia, MD, where I live, some guy was drunk and knocking on the wrong door, or he might have been trying to get in, and he was shot in the head.  He lived in the neighborhood and was confused and unarmed.  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.9  katrix  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.2.5    4 years ago

I can't shoot someone who's retreating from me. But if someone breaks into my house, I don't have to wait to find out if he means me harm before I shoot him. I think that's fair. By the time I find out he means to harm me, it's probably too late - he's gotten too close. I think I have every right to feel threatened if someone breaks in.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.10  katrix  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.8    4 years ago

I don't think the law allows you to shoot someone who is TRYING to break in. I think you have to wait until they've actually broken in.

There was another unfortunate case where someone was shot after he was innocently inside the wrong house. But again - that sucks for him, but am I supposed to wait to make sure the intruder means to harm me? That's a good way to get raped or killed. Sure, if I can escape, that's the best option, but if you're in my house, I am going to assume the worst.

Although someone (in here, I think) told me what's involved if you do shoot someone, even if it's a righteous shoot. You'll probably go bankrupt from the lawyer fees.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.11  katrix  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.8    4 years ago
Here in Columbia, MD, where I live

I love Merriweather!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  katrix @6.2.10    4 years ago

He never entered the house.  He never got that far.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  katrix @6.2.11    4 years ago

'I love Merriweather!'

It's been a while since I've been to a concert there.  I've seen Stevie Nicks there and James Taylor and the Doobie Brothers and quite a few others.

It's only about two miles away from my condo and when the conditions are right, I can hear the bands.  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.15  katrix  replied to    4 years ago

It's the phrase the other person used, which I assume means that it was legal. Not shooting someone if he's leaving and not threatening you, for example.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.18  katrix  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.12    4 years ago
He never entered the house.  He never got that far.  

I can't imagine how the homeowner wasn't charged in that case. And convicted. I am obviously not up to speed in the laws in every state, but I can't imagine that any of them would let you shoot the person while he's at the door trying to get in. I'd also think that if he was still just trying to get in, the homeowner might have had ample opportunity to escape (depending on if he had kids sleeping that he couldn't get to in time, or something).. 

Personally, I have an unloaded shotgun. My uncle (who is a gun aficionado) recommended it as the best self defense for me. If someone breaks in, hopefully the sound of the pump action will scare him off. If not, I'm probably screwed. If I do have time to get my ammo and load it, the good thing is that I don't have to be able to aim that well .. but I'm not very coherent when I first wake up, so that's not too likely (one reason I'd never keep it loaded - I don't want to be one of those people who shoots my neighbor if she has to let herself into my house in the middle of the night due to an emergency).

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.20  katrix  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.13    4 years ago
It's been a while since I've been to a concert there.

I saw Shinedown and Halestorm there maybe two years ago. I grew up not far from there - it was Merriweather and the Capital Centre for concerts back then.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.2.22  igknorantzrulz  replied to  katrix @6.2.20    4 years ago

i've seen Shinedown, and Lizzy before

pretty good shows, but not at the top of my list

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.23  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.19    4 years ago

Are you required to try to escape as your first option, if you have a reasonable opportunity?

My local cops actually pointed out that it would take them at least 15 minutes to get to me, in general. They suggested the loudest audible alarm I could get, saying that it would scare away most people. I also have a great camera system which is why the one guy who DID burglarize me spent 2 and a half years in jail. Cops showed up, I showed them the footage, they recognized him, they took a copy on a USB drive to get a warrant, and the next day he was in jail. The detective said it was hilarious when the guy first denied it and they told him it was all on video, both inside and outside. You'd think the idiots might look around and notice the security cameras.

A dog would be ideal, but they are just too high maintenance for me. I'm not home enough; it wouldn't be fair to the dog.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.25  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.21    4 years ago

I thought that at least in some states, you're required to get away if you reasonably and safely can. But I could easily be wrong.

You have a long paperweight which you might be able to use as a bat but not much more.

Possibly; on the other hand, my uncle's point is that if someone breaks in and hears that sound, and I'm in another room - he's likely going to turn around and leave if he's just there to rob me, before I can shoot him (through drywall even). Which in my area is by far the main risk. We don't have much violent crime and that which we do have is usually people who know each other. My uncle has tons of gun training, carry permits, all that so I trust his judgment. Besides - if I keep it locked up as I should for safety, how would I get to it in time?

When my burglar's cousin robbed my acquaintance's house, there was a loaded shotgun in the house - and that's why my acquaintance was almost killed when he walked in during the burglary. My burglar stole my shotgun, but if I had come home during the burglary, at least he couldn't have shot me.

And I have a REAL bat. So there. I can just throw that at him.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.26  katrix  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.2.22    4 years ago
pretty good shows, but not at the top of my list

I love Shinedown's shows. Although A7X is even better ...

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.28  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.27    4 years ago
That's going on the assumption that the LLSBT even hears it to begin with...  especially if you're in another room!

I have a small house. It would definitely be heard.

Granted, but he could have beat you to death with it and stayed at arms length doing it!!

My cats are named Slayer and Pantera. I think they would have handled it. Although since they'd be hiding under the bed, it would be a little more challenging for them.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7  It Is ME    4 years ago

West Virginia Governor Jim Justice, (D) to (R)….. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

" Sokath ", his eyes uncovered/opened ".

" Temba ", his arms wide/open ".

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.1  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @7    4 years ago

And before that, he was an (R) who switched to (D). He seems to belong to whichever party he thinks will serve him best at the moment. Although maybe it's because he's really more of an independent; I can't really see why switching to Democrat would have helped him in the election. If he could beat the Republican nominee in the general, I would think he could have beaten him in a primary; and it's not like being a D is generally an asset in WV. The one thing I can't understand is how the United Mine Workers could have endorsed him after what his companies have done to our coal miners.

From Wiki:

he has proposed raising the state's revenue by $450 million, primarily by increasing the consumer sales tax, reinstituting the business and occupation (B & O) tax , and establishing a "rich man's" tax. [26] He also opposed plans to cut health and education spending

These don't sound much like GOP initiatives. We already lose a lot of sales to states like MD and PA who have lower sales tax, so raising them wouldn't exactly be popular. And our small business owners HATE the idea of the B&O tax.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @7.1    4 years ago

With all that rhetoric you posted....what about what he is saying "TODAY" !

" Sokath ", his eyes uncovered/opened ".

Any thought ?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.1    4 years ago

Where is Tanagra?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.2    4 years ago
Where is Tanagra?

Where Ever you want it to be !

"Kira at Bashi" – to tell a story.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.1.4  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.1    4 years ago
With all that rhetoric you posted....what about what he is saying "TODAY" !

I've already talked about that.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @7.1.4    4 years ago
I've already talked about that.

Not with me ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8  igknorantzrulz    4 years ago

NICE

Ender
Professor Principal
9  Ender    4 years ago
with their oppressive environmental regulations

So protecting the environment is oppressive?

So is that the new religious mantra? Fuck the environment as long as some can make a buck.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
9.1  katrix  replied to  Ender @9    4 years ago

The people in coal country know the coal companies have destroyed their environment - and gotten rich by doing it. You can't even fish in many of those areas these days.