╌>

Ark Encounter, Creation Museum chosen as America’s top religious museums

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  donald-j-trump-fan-1  •  4 years ago  •  177 comments

By:    ANUGRAH KUMAR

Ark Encounter, Creation Museum chosen as America’s top religious museums
“Indeed, people from around the world rave about the exhibits and features at the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum, and now these people have validated our exciting attractions from among an impressive list of museums,”

This is indeed very good news. Thanks to the USA Today for doing the research and carrying  the article that The Christian Post News picked up.  Both the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum are great places to visit where genuine science and history research takes place. 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The $100 million Ark Encounter biblical theme park with a life-sized Noah's Ark replica, and its sister institution, the Creation Museum, have finished No. 1 and No. 2 respectively in USA Today's 10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards for 2020.

The Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum received the most readers’ votes from a list of the top religious museums in the nation as selected by a panel of top travel experts.

“Both attractions have made Northern Kentucky the leading faith-based destination in America,” the two winners said in a statement Friday.

“We are so grateful to USA Today for considering our internationally recognized attractions in its contest,” said Answers in Genesis' Ken Ham, who is also the CEO and founder of the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum.

USA Today readers were asked to  make their choice  based on the stories, collections, and message at 20 U.S. museums, each dedicated to sharing the history, culture, art, and traditions of the world’s diverse religious groups and faith communities. The religious museum category included the country’s best Jewish museums, religious art collections, heritage centers, and other sites, from 14 states and the District of Columbia.

“Indeed, people from around the world rave about the exhibits and features at the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum, and now these people have validated our exciting attractions from among an impressive list of museums,” Ham said.

“By the way, one could make the argument that USA Today should have included the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in its list. While most people would not consider the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C. to be a religious museum, it, too, promotes a worldview: atheism,” he added, explaining, “You see, there are no ‘non-religious’ positions for such museums. Each has a worldview to proclaim. The Ark and Creation Museum are, of course, religious museums in that they promote a theistic Christian worldview.” 

Last June, Answers in Genesis  announced  that they were expanding the Ark Encounter site to include new facilities, partly in response to a growth in annual attendance.

This included the creation of a 2,500-seat auditorium with a 70-foot-long LED screen, expanding the size of the Ararat Ridge Zoo, and opening a larger family play space. “Built by Playground Equipment Services, this family play area is accessible by all children and adults,” said Answers in Genesis. “Parents and grandparents are encouraged to have fun with their kids as a family activity. This cutting-edge playground has been specially designed for children of all abilities.”

In 2017, Answers in Genesis  announced that they would be reclaiming the rainbow for God with permanent rainbow lights for their life-sized Noah's Ark replica. “We now have new permanent rainbow lights at the Ark Encounter so all can see that it is God’s rainbow and He determines its meaning in Genesis 6,” Ham said at the time. “The rainbow is a reminder God will never again judge the wickedness of man with a global Flood,  next time the world will be judged by fire.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

“Indeed, people from around the world rave about the exhibits and features at the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum, and now these people have validated our exciting attractions from among an impressive list of museums,” Ham said.

“By the way, one could make the argument that USA Today should have included the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in its list. While most people would not consider the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C. to be a religious museum, it, too, promotes a worldview: atheism,” he added, explaining, “You see, there are no ‘non-religious’ positions for such museums. Each has a worldview to proclaim. The Ark and Creation Museum are, of course, religious museums in that they promote a theistic Christian worldview.” 

Last June, Answers in Genesis announced  that they were expanding the Ark Encounter site to include new facilities, partly in response to a growth in annual attendance.

This included the creation of a 2,500-seat auditorium with a 70-foot-long LED screen, expanding the size of the Ararat Ridge Zoo, and opening a larger family play space. “Built by Playground Equipment Services, this family play area is accessible by all children and adults,” said Answers in Genesis. “Parents and grandparents are encouraged to have fun with their kids as a family activity. This cutting-edge playground has been specially designed for children of all abilities.”

In 2017, Answers in Genesis  announcedthat they would be reclaiming the rainbow for God with permanent rainbow lights for their life-sized Noah's Ark replica. “We now have new permanent rainbow lights at the Ark Encounter so all can see that it is God’s rainbow and He determines its meaning  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    4 years ago

It’s great that museums, galleries, and attractions with a rational theistic reason for being are being given the media attention of these articles.  The religion of atheism centered ones get plenty of attention already.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    4 years ago
rational theistic reason

Oxymoron.

The religion of atheism

Also an oxymoron.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    4 years ago
It’s great that museums, galleries, and attractions with a rational theistic reason for being are being given the media attention of these articles.

Shouldn't the be at least a little bit accurate before praising them?

'Absolutely Wrong': Bill Nye the Science Guy Takes on Noah's Ark Exhibit

"On the third deck (of the ark), every single science exhibit is absolutely wrong," he said. "Not just misleading, but wrong."

Noah's Ark theme park is impressive, but its ‘facts’ don’t hold water

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.3  SteevieGee  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.1    4 years ago

like a well done steak.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1.3    4 years ago

Indeed. A good steak should be medium rare and juicy. Well done is just shoe leather.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.5  1stwarrior  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.4    4 years ago

Nope - well done is an overdone hockey puck.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.6  Gordy327  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.5    4 years ago

And just as tough to chew 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2  Gordy327    4 years ago

To paraphrase H. L. Mencken: "No man ever went broke overestimating the ignorance of the American Public." 

Or (attributed to) P. T. Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute."

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @2    4 years ago

We call those you refer to secular progressives 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Freefaller  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    4 years ago

The old "I know you are" rebuttal, amazing debating skills. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    4 years ago
We call those you refer to secular progressives 

And they were quite intelligent too. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
4  Freefaller    4 years ago

Just for the humour value it provides the creation museum gets my vote for top spot

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Freefaller @4    4 years ago

I would have voted for the Museum of the Bible in our nation’s capitol, Washington DC next to the federal Mall.  

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Freefaller  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1    4 years ago

Can't address the topic, deflect.  Standard DJT

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Freefaller @4.1.1    4 years ago

It was included in the poll that is the topic of this news seed.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2  Gordy327  replied to  Freefaller @4    4 years ago
Just for the humour value it provides the creation museum gets my vote for top spot

Humor is the only value it has. Certainly no intellectual or scientific value.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.2.2  sandy-2021492  replied to    4 years ago

When those pushing mythology dishonestly claim that mythology is science, and also frequently belittle those who don't buy their particular mythology, they can expect derision in return.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.3  TᵢG  replied to    4 years ago

Also, we are in a truly ridiculous territory.    Imagine if someone seeded a pro flat Earth article.   Is it out of line to illustrate the absurdity?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.4  Gordy327  replied to    4 years ago
I'm not the least bit religious but have to ask why do you feel the need not to just dispute someone's beliefs( faith) but also belittle them? 

I didn't belittle anyone. I simply stated a fact. Besides, when someone uses their beliefs to con others or promote misinformation or propagate outright stupidity, then it should be challenged. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.5  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.3    4 years ago
Imagine if someone seeded a pro flat Earth article.   Is it out of line to illustrate the absurdity?

Speaking of absurdity, remember this article on YEC/FE absurdity?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to    4 years ago

It is the secular way at least among the militant ones to belittle those they can’t persuade to their beliefs.  You and one other secular conservative I haven’t seen much of sadly here are tolerant of us theistic or religious conservatives.  I learned long ago not to expect any tolerance from progressives.  It saddens me to see secular conservatives sometimes attack other conservatives more harshly on this topic than they go after the progressives on other issues like the economy, defense, etc.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.7  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.6    4 years ago
 It saddens me to see secular conservatives sometimes attack other conservatives more harshly on this topic than they go after the progressives on other issues like the economy, defense, etc.

blah, blah, blah... false equivalency.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.2.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.3    4 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2.4    4 years ago

Evolution as so-called scientific fact is the greatest con job ever perpetrated 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @4.2.7    4 years ago

no it’s not. As if were ever up to you to decide that 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.2.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.8    4 years ago
So according to NewsTalkers policy derision of members beliefs here is a moderator approved method of communication?  Just asking.

I'm not sure why you bother to ask.  You routinely denigrate the beliefs of secular progressives.  It's a bit funny when you complain of having done to you what you are very willing to do to others.  I think there's a bit in the Bible about that.  Perhaps you should review it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.13  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.9    4 years ago
Meaningless because such a seed would be censored on sight because of its source.  

I did not mention any source.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.14  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.10    4 years ago

Priceless.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
4.2.15  Freefaller  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.10    4 years ago

So you've said many, many, many times, yet to date you have not provided one single iota of proof or evidence to back up your purported claims whereas others have crushed your arguments at every turn.

I think we both know the simple reason you continue to promote this silliness has nothing to do with truth or intelligent debate but rather to sow division and of course get that all important post count up

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.13    4 years ago

It would have to come from somewhere unless a member here is one and wrote a pro story in their blog

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.17  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.10    4 years ago

Except that evolution has actual empirical evidence to support it whereas creationism does not.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.18  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2.17    4 years ago

That’s why it’s called the theory of evolution...The leap from any other creature to mankind can never be proven scientific law.  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.2.19  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.18    4 years ago
That’s why it’s called the theory of evolution...The leap from any other creature to mankind can never be proven scientific law.  

Idiotic comment of the day. Learn what a scientific theory is before you spout off such claptrap.

Willful ignorance can be cured.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.20  TᵢG  replied to  katrix @4.2.19    4 years ago

This concept has been explained many times.   Why someone would make comments like that is beyond me.   Personally, I try to write things that are correct and avoid looking foolish.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
4.2.21  Freefaller  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.20    4 years ago
Why someone would make comments like that is beyond me.

Lol I think we've all been around long enough to know the reasons for those comments.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.22  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.18    4 years ago

Perhaps you should educate yourself before you make such profoundly ignorant comments like that. Besides, there is absolutely zero evidence for creationism, which doesn't even qualify as a hypothesis much less a scientific theory or law.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.23  devangelical  replied to  katrix @4.2.19    4 years ago
Willful ignorance can be cured.

I'm not so sure in some particular cases.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.24  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @4.2.23    4 years ago

Evolution is ignorance.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.25  TᵢG  replied to  devangelical @4.2.23    4 years ago
I'm not so sure in some particular cases.

Yup.   Your case in point has conveniently made your case.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.26  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.24    4 years ago

What's ignorant is that statement. Especially since you've offered nothing to discredit evolution or prove creationism. But I don't expect you to be capable of doing either anyway.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
4.2.27  Freefaller  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2.26    4 years ago

He does make it easy for others to discredit his statements doesn't he?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.2.28  katrix  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.20    4 years ago
 Personally, I try to write things that are correct and avoid looking foolish.

I can't imagine gleefully broadcasting such ignorance for everyone to see and laugh at.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.29  TᵢG  replied to  katrix @4.2.28    4 years ago

I have no explanation.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.30  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.25    4 years ago
Your case in point has conveniently made your case.

my faith in that happening here was unwavering.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5  TᵢG    4 years ago

Both of these museums (so to speak) are the products of Answers in Genesis (AiG).   AiG is a successful business whose purpose in life is to indoctrinate people into the Young Earth Creationist belief system.   Young Earth Creationists (YECs) believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old.   They believe this because of work conducted by archbishop Ussher in the 17th century.  Ussher analyzed the begats and life-spans in the Bible and determined that the creation event had to have occurred approximately 6,000 years ago:

In 1650 the archbishop of Armagh, James Ussher, began counting all the "begats" in the Old Testament. He also studied ancient Egyptian and Hebrew texts, analysed how the ancient calendars were calculated and came up with a date for the Creation. The world, he concluded, had begun one weekend in 4004 BC - specifically, on the evening before October 23rd.

So there you have it.   The world began on the evening before Oct 23, 4004 BCE.

Now fast forward from a 17th century theist into 2020 and we have modern human beings with all the information necessary for critical thinking at their googly fingertips who blindly believe the nonsense that our planet is 6,000 years old while rejecting the multi-disciplinary conclusion of modern science that our planet is 4.54 billion years old.

But it gets better.   To make this absurd, brain-dead scenario work the YECs necessarily must explain away science.   They first explain away the discrepancy of 4.54 billion years and 6,000 years by claiming that every dating method known to science is bullshit.   They argue that cosmological dating is bullshit because the speed of light may have dramatically slowed down from 6,000 years ago.   They claim that all radiometric dating is bullshit because 'nobody was there' to ensure that the rate of decay in radioactive isotopes really is as predictable as all known science has found it to be.    They categorically claim that science is entirely incompetent in its ability to estimate the age of anything past a few human lifetimes.

Better still, a 6,000 year old Earth means that all creatures known to humankind necessarily existing in this time frame.   That means all the dinosaurs were born and died no more than 6,000 years ago.   What is the YEC explanation?   They run with it.   In the Creation Museum and the Ark you will find displays where these geniuses claim human beings coexisted with dinosaurs.   Yes, Fred Flintstone and Dino the dinosaur level stuff.   Seriously.   They actually try to get people to believe this crap.

And people do believe this.   Approximately 10% of the USA believe the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Even worse is the explanation for the Ark.   To accommodate all the known species of mammal, reptile, insect, etc. life being saved by the Ark, they claim that the Ark only carried the 'kinds' of each animal.   So instead of all variations of tigers, elephants, eagles, etc. there was only a kind (like a genus) pair.   And then when the Ark finally settled on dry ground, per this intellectually devoid scenario, the genus pairs mated and then 'evolved' into the many variants we find.   Yes, evolution taking place in thousands of years.   And the dinosaurs?   This is great.   For big animals, YECs claim that the Ark only took immature, smaller pairs.   So a pair of baby dinosaurs landed, grew up, and were the parents of all forms of dinosaurs which quickly evolved and quickly all died out.   

Speaking of animals and Arks.   When questioning how a small band of humans prevented the carnivores (e.g. lions) from eating their prey (e.g. antelopes) they have an answer.   The answer is that carnivores were actually herbivores prior to the Ark.  Only after landing did lions choose to eat meat rather than leaves.   Their large flesh-ripping teeth are explained as simply great tools for chewing up plant life.    Yes, I am not making this up.

When asked how the animals which are known to be exclusive to a particular region (e.g. the kangaroos of Australia) were able to get from the mid East across the ocean to Australia, the YECs claim that 'back then' there were land bridges.   So, apparently, the kangaroos all hopped over via the land bridge (all of them) and set up home in Australia.   Of course, none of them died along the way and that is why there exists no evidence of them being in the middle East.    And conveniently the land bridge is no longer there, so ...  Oh well.

And that leads to plate tectonics.   But given how long this post is already and how much more utter nonsense there is to note, I think I will stop here.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @5    4 years ago

The seed is about the USA Today info picked up on in the Christian Post about the most popular museums.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1    4 years ago

Yes.  And they picked Answer In Genesis'  Ark Encounter and Creation Museum so I profiled the demonstrably absurd anti-science, fantasy-over-fact YEC beliefs that those 'museums' present to the public.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.1    4 years ago

They are great places.  It’s great that so many families organize vacations around such places and that home, private, and charter schools go on field trips to such fine educational programs, activities, and events 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.2    4 years ago

The only exception I will take to your comment is that you label these 'educational'.   These are indoctrination and misinformation initiatives;  their underlying purpose is to expand and retain people (donors) in the YEC belief system.

Real museums genuinely focus on education; not indoctrination.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.1    4 years ago

3 years after opening, Kentucky's Ark Encounter continues expansion

WILLIAMSTOWN, Ky. (WDRB) -- It has been three years since a giant replica of Noah's Ark anchored in northern Kentucky. And since then, there have been some big changes.

The big boat is still the big draw, but the Ark Encounter has added new attractions designed to enhance the experience and spread the park's message.

Inside the 500-foot-long ark, visitors continue to wind through three exhibit decks telling the Biblical stories of the creation and the flood.

On Tuesday, the Mitchell family visited from Atlanta.

"It's been fantastic," Chris Mitchell said. "It's a bit overwhelming when you first walk down and you see the enormity of the ark."

"It brings it to life," Lisa Mitchell added. "It's one thing to read about it in the Bible ... but to actually see and understand just the size of everything."

To keep families like the Mitchells coming, Ark Encounter has expanded since opening day three years ago, adding a zoo, including camel rides.

"There are lots of things to, not just inside the Ark but also outside the Ark, including our brand new children's playground," said Dr. Georgia Purdom, the educational director for Ark Encounter.

The park just opened an ark-themed playground for kids. And for grownups, there is the Answers Center, a 2,500-seat auditorium with a 70-foot-long screen.

Purdom said the center, "allows us to have concerts and conferences and all kinds of venues here that people can come to, as well as enjoy the ark and the exhibits there."

The park does not release annual figures but said attendance continues to grow.

"A typical day at the Ark: 9,000 people," Purdom said. "And our attendance this year has been the best yet."

In the near future, the park plans to expand its zoo. But despite the new exhibits, Ark Encounter said it will not compromise its very old message.

"We want people to know that God's word is true from the very first verse, and we want to show them the reality of that," Purdom said.

Ticket prices have also changed since the ark launched three years ago. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.4    4 years ago

They have to do something to attract patrons.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.6  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.5    4 years ago

... especially at these prices...

Ark & Creation Museum Combo

One-day ticket to each attraction
+ free Second-day grounds tickets

Ages 11 to adult
$ 44 .95 $ 79 .95

before tax | parking not included

The Creation Museum and Ark Encounter are located 45 minutes apart

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

From the comments on the seeded article:

I was poking around in a cave near me, and I found a dinosaur saddle! There were also cave drawings depicting a dinosaur race. The dino jockeys were wearing pumpkins for helmets.

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7  TᵢG    4 years ago
(seeder) ☞  Both the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum are great places to visit where genuine science and history research takes place. 

omg-are-you-f318d3.jpg

( see @ 5 )

Gordy327
Professor Expert
7.1  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @7    4 years ago
the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum are great places to visit where genuine science and history research takes place. 

Now that's funny. Clearly, some people have no idea what genuine science or history is.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Gordy327 @7.1    4 years ago

Funny, but also a bit sad.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
7.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.1    4 years ago

Not sad, but rather downright pathetic. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Gordy327 @7.1.2    4 years ago

I felt the need to put out some correct science on Facebook today.  There's a meme going around promoting a conspiracy theory - the new coronavirus can't possibly be new, because Lysol already had cans with labels stating that it kills coronavirus.  China's trying to kill us!  Our government is trying to kill us!  Lysol's manufacturers must be in on it!

Or...coronaviruses are a group of fairly common viruses, some of which are responsible for some cases of what we call "the common cold".  Of course it's been around a while, and of course Lysol has been able to eliminate it for some time.  What we're seeing in China (and elsewhere) is a new strain of a virus that's been around for a while, that causes worse symptoms than the strains we're accustomed to seeing.  It mutated.  Viruses do that all the time.  No human manipulation or murderous intent required.

We really need to do a better job teaching science.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
7.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.3    4 years ago

Conspiracy theorists are just plain nuts I think.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.3    4 years ago

We really need to do a better job teaching science.

Well professor Trump don't know much about fake hoax scientology, biology, climatology, or social media bullshitology....well maybe a little about that last one. Amazing how shallow the thought depths are for so many in our country.

Just returned from a local watering hole, and listened to Fox talking points being regurgitated while i didn't even bother to throw up

hands , as i wasn't in the mood to school my elders and piers as it was as it did. So uninterested in knowing the actual truth, are so many, it is of concern.

I went to an Ark Encounter to order me a MiG welder and found  TiG worked there

better, on freshly cleaned steel freshly cut with  plasma .

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7.1.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  Gordy327 @7.1.4    4 years ago
Conspiracy theorists are just plain nuts I think.

But at least one person I know, who isn't nuts, was buying into this.  And it's entirely because she didn't know that coronaviruses as a group have been around for ages, and that we've known about them for ages.  So conspiracy theorists, who may either not know, or who know but have malicious intent, start these rumors, and people buy into them, because the just don't know any better.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
7.1.7  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.6    4 years ago

In other words,  everybody's nuts. Lol

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7.1.8  sandy-2021492  replied to  Gordy327 @7.1.7    4 years ago

Some are nuts.  Some are gullible due to lack of education.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
7.1.9  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.8    4 years ago

Or just plain ignorant or lacking critical thinking skills to begin with. Or all of the above.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7.1.10  sandy-2021492  replied to  Gordy327 @7.1.9    4 years ago

Ah, but those can be fixed.  With better education.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
7.1.11  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.10    4 years ago
Ah, but those can be fixed.  With better education.

Unfortunately, education seems to be an anathema to some people.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.1    4 years ago

we don’t care one bit how funny you view our reality or how sad you all here think it is.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.13  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.3    4 years ago

the latest conspiracy theory according to The New York Times is that it’s Trumpvirus. Now that’s both sad and ludicrous 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.14  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @7.1.4    4 years ago

I agree.  Calling creationists and believers in the great flood and the Bible conspiracy theorists is just plain nuts

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7.1.15  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.14    4 years ago

When one believes the earth is only 6,000 yrs. old and that people rode dinosaurs and that science is evil, that's just plain nuts.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  lady in black @7.1.15    4 years ago

Worse, it is willful!   

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.17  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lady in black @7.1.15    4 years ago

I don’t believe any of those things...next

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.18  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.17    4 years ago
I don’t believe any of those things...next

Why would you refer to the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter as 'fine educational programs' if you do not believe the FUNDAMENTAL TENETS underlying these 'museums'?:

DJPf1 @5.1.2They are great places.  It’s great that so many families organize vacations around such places and that home, private, and charter schools go on field trips to such fine educational programs, activities, and events 

... and consider your opening comments for the article ...

(seeder) ☞  Both the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum are great places to visit where genuine science and history research takes place. 

This is remarkable to behold.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.19  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.18    4 years ago

they are remarkable even if I don’t agree with them on every point they make.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.20  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.19    4 years ago
... they are remarkable even if I don’t agree with them on every point they make.

Remarkable.  Indeed they are.  It is quite remarkable to profess that dinosaurs coexisted with human beings and that carnivores were all herbivores until they left the Ark.    And more and more ...

Remarkable indeed!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7.1.21  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.19    4 years ago

They are a lie, the earth is not 6,000 yrs old.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1.22  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lady in black @7.1.21    4 years ago

that's right, i forget about :Leap Year too

Gordy327
Professor Expert
7.1.23  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.14    4 years ago
 Calling creationists and believers in the great flood and the Bible conspiracy theorists is just plain nuts

I wouldn't call creationists and believers conspiracy nuts, as they are not touting any conspiracies. I would call them willfully ignorant or intellectually dishonest, as they reject valid science and evidence in favor of their dogma and beliefs or just their own emotional needs.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.24  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.18    4 years ago

Creation Museum adds new exhibits, sees record crowds as it approaches 10th anniversary

WCPO Staff
1:20 PM, May 26, 2017 

PETERSBURG, Ky. -- As the 

celebrates its 10th anniversary this Memorial Day weekend, its founders say record crowds have been visiting the museum and its sister attraction,  in Williamstown.

Ken Ham, president/CEO of 

, said museum attendance over the past several months has doubled over last year's totals, meaning altogether more than 3 million people have visited the Creation Museum since its opening in 2007.

Ark Encounter opened in July 2016, and 

it is on track to top 1 million visitors by its first anniversary. On some Saturdays this spring, 5,000 people have toured the 510-foot-long replica of the Biblical Noah's ark. Many of these visitors come from outside Greater Cincinnati.

RELATED: 

“When I give lectures in the museum’s large lecture hall, I ask for a show of hands of guests who traveled here from outside our Tri-State area of Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana," Ham said in a news release. "About 95 percent of the hands go up. Also, we have several visitors from other countries each day."

To mark the Creation Museum's 10th anniversary, two new exhibits will open on Sunday at no additional charge to ticketholders.

One exhibit goes into more teaching about the last three Cs of the museum’s “Seven Cs of History” theme: Christ, Cross and Consummation. The first Cs are Creation, Corruption, Catastrophe, and Confusion. 

The second new exhibit is a temporary one installed by the 

, which opens in Washington, D.C. in November. The display’s theme is “Dragon Slayers” and features precious illuminated manuscripts that deal with three well-known characters outside the Bible, such as St. George, who slayed dragons. Textual references to dragons found in the Bible are incorporated into the exhibit.

RELATED: 

Ham and his partners, Mike Zovath and Mark Looy, have launched a decade-long plan to expand Ark Encounter in Disneyland-like fashion, re-creating a walled city from Noah's time, a first-century village from the time of Jesus, a Tower of Babel, concept snack shacks, a 3,200-seat amphitheater and a 10-plagues-of-Egypt thrill ride.

that he hopes the park becomes “something on people’s checklist when they’re traveling, like seeing the biggest ball of twine ... That gives us an opportunity for people who might never go to church to see something that is mind-blowing and get some information that could change their lives for the better and point them in the direction for a secure eternity.” https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/boone-county/petersburg/creation-museum-adds-new-exhibits-sees-record-crowds-as-it-approaches-10th-anniversary%3f_amp=true

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.25  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.24    4 years ago

Do you have a point to make?   Posting a 2017 announcement of plans for adding more nonsense to the Creation Museum does not mean anything.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
7.1.26  Freefaller  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.25    4 years ago

Lol he cut and pasted something with virtually no effort or thought and got a couple more responses.  That is the point.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.2  katrix  replied to  TᵢG @7    4 years ago

Did you read the article about the nutjobs who thought a bible was producing oil?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
7.2.1  Gordy327  replied to  katrix @7.2    4 years ago

I saw that. It boggles the mind as to how anyone can buy into such nonsense. There is nothing resembling any rational thought there.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.2.2  TᵢG  replied to  katrix @7.2    4 years ago

Yes, I commented on that scam.   

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    4 years ago

I'd like to see the ark, though I have no interest in museum or whatever. It would still be neat just to see it. I didn't realize until just now that it was in Kentucky. Therein lies my opportunity. I figure I can work in a drive-by during a bourbon vacation.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
8.1  Gordy327  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago
I figure I can work in a drive-by during a bourbon vacation.

I think I'd prefer to tour the bourbon distilleries instead. Sounds far more educational and enjoyable. Especially if they offer free samples jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
8.2  Freefaller  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago
though I have no interest in museum or whatever.

That's too bad it really is worth the admission fee, the laughs it provided were worth double the cost

But a bourbon vacation sounds very tempting as well

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

I thought it was fing funny when they put in a claim for water damage last year after a series of storms.  If it is a legit reproduction of the original how could it have water damage unless they did a shitty job of constructing it.   It turns out that it was not the ark, but some outbuildings.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9    4 years ago

Yeah, I have never seen any water damage to a building before. Freaking, absolutely hilarious

/s

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1    4 years ago
Yeah, I have never seen any water damage to a building before.

It's a boat, an ark.  Or did you miss that point?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @9.1.1    4 years ago

Why don't you read before spouting nonsense?

[deleted]

I thought it was fing funny when they put in a claim for water damage last year after a series of storms.  If it is a legit reproduction of the original how could it have water damage unless they did a shitty job of constructing it.   It turns out that it was not the ark, but some outbuildings.

Here is a definition of an outbuilding for you:

Definition of outbuilding
: a building (such as a stable or a woodshed) separate from but accessory to a main house

[deleted]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
9.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.2    4 years ago
Why don't you read before spouting nonsense?

I don't read historical fiction.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @9.1.3    4 years ago

I was referring to the post I responded to, which clearly states that the water damage claims were for outbuildings.

Not surprised you missed it.

So your post about the Ark is nonsensical.

We weren't even discussing any claims about water damage to the Ark.

Pay attention.

SMMFH

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.4    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.5    4 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.6    4 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.4    4 years ago

Well said.  I agree completely with all that you said.  👏👍

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.2  devangelical  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9    4 years ago

the insurance agent should have denied the claim and sent back a copy of the policy with the "acts of god" weasel clause highlighted, and then informed ken the business policy on his dinosaur houseboat was null/void without an additional watercraft policy if standing water was to ever touch the hull.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @9.2    4 years ago
the insurance agent should have denied the claim and sent back a copy of the policy with the "acts of god" weasel clause highlighted, and then informed ken the business policy on his dinosaur houseboat was null/void without an additional watercraft policy if standing water was to ever touch the hull. 

I refer you to post #9.

Among other things, it states this:

It turns out that it was not the ark, but some outbuildings.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.1    4 years ago

minor little details that totally detract from the secularists tale and narrative 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

And now there is Research saying that the earth once was covered with water just as the Bible in the Genesis account describes.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10    4 years ago

Learn the difference between scientific speculation and a theory of empirical science.

Also, if you are going to compare the bible with science then compare well established science such as evolution.

It is amusing watching someone jump all over scientific speculation when it serves a religious interest while denying well-founded theories of empirical science when they are inconvenient.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
10.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @10.1    4 years ago

Ever notice how he like to use science to argue against abortion  (even though it actually hurts his position & point), but dismisses it when it contradicts his beliefs? Talk about intellectual dishonesty.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
10.2  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10    4 years ago

Jesus Christ. Did you even bother to read that research? It wasn't because continents got covered with water in a flood.

Some people work so hard to stay ignorant. It boggles the mind of anyone with a brain.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
10.3  Ozzwald  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10    4 years ago
And now there is Research saying that the earth once was covered with water just as the Bible in the Genesis account describes.

3 BILLION YEARS AGO!!!

Are you now claiming that the Earth is more than 6,000 years old? 

Are you now claiming that you now believe in the same science that disproves man living with dinosaurs?

Earth may have been a 'water world' 3bn years ago, scientists find

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Is this the museum where they have an exhibit of Jesus riding a dinosaur ? 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @11    4 years ago

Gordy327
Professor Expert
11.2  Gordy327  replied to  JohnRussell @11    4 years ago

That's probably not as cool as watching Optimus Prime ride Grimlock into battle in Transformers. ;)

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 years ago

Museum?  Seriously? 

When I think of museums the first thing that comes to mind is that virtually there is a fact to support the displays.

This isnt based on fact. 

A fact would be a disclaimer that the Arc attraction is based NOT on the myth of global flooding but on embellished oral stories of REGIONAL flooding and is 100% false the idea of its purpose. Unless you want to support a vicious god and a population "reborn" through incest.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @12    4 years ago

All the people of that time had 120 years of warning to change their ways and they did not.  Now there’s been 2000 years of grace so far before the fire equivalent of that water event will happen.  Only when it does happen far more than eight will survive it.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.1    4 years ago
All the people of that time had 120 years of warning to change their ways and they did not.

Is this acknowledging that the god of the bible is vicious?  

Now there’s been 2000 years of grace so far before the fire equivalent of that water event will happen.  Only when it does happen far more than eight will survive it.  

2000 years of grace?  I'd call it absenteeism.  That is if you believe that "god" talked to the people of that time.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
12.2  katrix  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @12    4 years ago
Unless you want to support a vicious god and a population "reborn" through incest.

It astonishes me that people worship something they describe as a genocidal maniac. And they excuse it to say it's like a parent punishing their children - do these people actually think it's OK to murder their own children for disobedience?

Besides, according to the bible, the reason God was so pissed off was that he let his fallen angels rape human women, and became disgusted with their "evil" offspring - maybe he should have punished the fallen angels instead, or not allowed them to rape the human women? Doesn't seem too intelligent for a "supreme being."

embellished oral stories of REGIONAL flooding 

Which was clearly plagiarized from the Epic of Gilgamesh. It's not even an original flood myth.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  katrix @12.2    4 years ago

It’s reality not a myth in any way shape or form.  It is a part of our history and global destruction a final time is in the future.  

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
12.2.2  Freefaller  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.2.1    4 years ago
and global destruction a final time is in the future.  

Finally an accurate statement. I mean it's 4 to 5 billion years in the future but still a big congratulations to you

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.2.1    4 years ago
It’s reality not a myth in any way shape or form.

Noah's flood is a myth.   The story is flawed in many dimensions (including basic logic) and the geology of the Earth alone shows that no worldwide flood could have taken place appx 5,000 years ago.

One of many observations (this one archaeological):

Another problem with the Ark story arises because there is no evidence for a global flood. Creation stories from many different religions and cultures include flood stories, and Feder notes that if a worldwide flood had occurred, "The archaeological record of 5,000 years ago would be replete with  Pompeii-style ruins  — the remains of thousands of towns, villages and cities, all wiped out by flood waters, simultaneously. ... It would appear that the near annihilation of the human race, if it happened, left no imprint on the archaeological record anywhere."

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
12.2.4  Freefaller  replied to  TᵢG @12.2.3    4 years ago

Along the same lines I've always wondered at the logic (or lack thereof) required to imagine repopulating the world from a starting point of 7 (ignoring the inbreeding problem)  to the tune of 7.5 billion and scatter them to all corners of the planet in a mere 6 thousand years (including those lost to war, disease, famine, etc).  I don't know the math but I gotta guess the women would have to have been jogging the whole while dropping litters of children as they went.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.2.5  TᵢG  replied to  Freefaller @12.2.4    4 years ago

I know, there are just so many things wrong that it boggles the mind that one could take the Noah story as literally true.

The YECs claim that all carnivores were herbivores while on the ark and turned carnivorous after they landed.   That is why the prey all survived living on the ark with their natural predators.   Just roll that around in your mind for a while.

Next, imagine the waste management that the poor crew had to deal with every day.   And how did they feed and water all those animals?   

Next, how did the kangaroos get to Australia and the penguins to Antarctica after the flood?    

On and on ... the story is entirely absurd when taken literally.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Freefaller @12.2.2    4 years ago

Yes fire will consume all living matter on the earth not living in the safety of The New Jerusalem just before the earth is recreated like new and Eden restored.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.2.7  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.2.6    4 years ago

Our dying sun will kill everything on the planet even before it reaches the status of Red Giant (at which point the scorched Earth will be vaporized).

The Bible has no track record for prediction.   Go by science.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
12.2.8  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.2.1    4 years ago

Yes it is. It's an embellished story borrowed from other sources and there is no geological or other empirical evidence to support the flood myth. Quite the opposite, all available evidence contradicts the notion of a biblical flood.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
12.2.9  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @12.2.7    4 years ago

Oh TiG, don't you know some theists shun science, especially when it conflicts with their beliefs and dogma. After all, they can't risk engaging in critical thinking. ;)

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
12.2.10  Freefaller  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.2.6    4 years ago
Yes fire will consume all

Yes I know I already agreed with you in my previous comment (the 4 to 5 billion years on). but ignoring what I said doesn't fit your rhetoric so I understand

living matter on the earth 

There will be no living matter on earth by that time, increasing solar luminosity will have killed everything about 3 billion years before earth goes bye bye.  I know it doesn't fit the game you're playing but at least google it for shits and giggles

safety of The New Jerusalem 

I and I'm sure yourself wish humanity luck in finding and settling this new as yet undiscovered planet, though there are many hurdles in space flight before we are capable of going there. You did say global destruction right? That would mean you believe the globe would be destroyed, no individual city is going to survive that.

before the earth is recreated like new 

Where's the stellar dust for this going to come from and then there's the problem of sharing an orbit with Jupiter not to mention the weirdness of orbiting a red giant.  I know, you will purport to believe that god will wave his magic wand to fix all those sciencey problems.

Feel free to come back with your usual and predictable ridiculous statement of certainty based on nothing

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12.2.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.2.1    4 years ago
It is a part of our history

Maybe if you believe a collection of heavily edited collections of novellas that is called the bible.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.2.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @12.2.8    4 years ago

Many civilizations all over the world have such in their history.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.2.13  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Freefaller @12.2.10    4 years ago

God will after the wicked are consumed by the flames and they are extinguished create the world anew as it was pre sin and pre flood upon the ashes of today’s world

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.2.14  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.2.12    4 years ago

Flood stories predate the Bible.   It is natural for human beings to view floods and other natural disasters to be the wrath of an angry god.   

The problem is that the evidence exposes the myth of a worldwide flood.    This is one of many examples :

Why is there no mention of the Flood in the records of Egyptian or Mesopotamian civilizations which existed at the time?  Biblical dates ( I Kings 6:1 Gal 3:17 , various generation lengths given in Genesis) place the Flood 1300 years before Solomon began the first temple. We can construct reliable chronologies for near Eastern history, particularly for Egypt, from many kinds of records from the literate cultures in the near East. These records are independent of, but supported by, dating methods such as dendrochronology and carbon-14. The building of the first temple can be dated to 950 B.C. +/- some small delta, placing the Flood around 2250 B.C. Unfortunately, the Egyptians (among others) have written records dating well back before 2250 B.C. (the Great Pyramid, for example dates to the 26th century B.C., 300 years before the Biblical date for the Flood). No sign in Egyptian inscriptions of this global flood around 2250 B.C.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
12.2.15  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.2.12    4 years ago
Many civilizations all over the world have such in their history.  

Yes, which only proves my point that such stories are borrowed from others and embellished, edited, or exaggerated upon. The difference is, there is no empirical evidence to support the more exaggerated claims like a biblical flood. A regional flood is much more probable and is something we have observed. Of course, to ancient people lacking understanding, it might seem to them that the world was flooding. Of course, to any rational individual, it did not.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12.2.16  Tacos!  replied to  Gordy327 @12.2.15    4 years ago
Of course, to ancient people lacking understanding, it might seem to them that the world was flooding.

I have seen some compelling scholarship that in multiple places where Hebrew scripture references "the Earth", "over the Earth" or "the whole Earth" etc., it probably meant the local area or region. At most, it might mean some vague area from Egypt to Ur (basically the Fertile Crescent area). The same words are used when we know it is that limited area the writer is referencing.

That doesn't illuminate everything we might want to know about the flood story, but it does make it seem more likely that the story was never meant to claim that the whole of planet Earth was covered in water.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
12.2.17  Gordy327  replied to  Tacos! @12.2.16    4 years ago
but it does make it seem more likely that the story was never meant to claim that the whole of planet Earth was covered in water.

I tend to agree. But biblical literalists actually believe, as fact, that the entire planet was covered in water per the bible. Never mind the scientific and logical inconsistencies associated with that premise. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
12.2.18  Freefaller  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.2.13    4 years ago
God will after the wicked are consumed by the flames and they are extinguished create the world anew as it was pre sin and pre flood upon the ashes of today’s world

Totally called it a statement of absolute certainty requiring little effort and no thought.  Honestly you're becoming so predictable it's like you're a human version of one of Pavlovs dogs.  Plse get some new material or all your seeds are going to go the way of your recent climate one (no interest even after you bumped it multiple times)

Kavika
Professor Principal
13  Kavika     4 years ago

Ken Ham and his Ark Museum fleeced the local town. 

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1  Ender  replied to  Kavika @13    4 years ago

I read about that at the time. Fleeced them good too.

I have to womder why this is considered a museum. All it is is a building shaped like a boat with a couple of plaster dinosaurs in it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @13.1    4 years ago

The local economy is growing stronger because of the Museum.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.2  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.1    4 years ago

Actually, they haven't been able to hire all of the police, fire and EMTs they need to cover the Ark and the state is getting screwed over tax dollars. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
13.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.1    4 years ago
The local economy is growing stronger because of the Museum [Ark Encounter].  

Always (it seems) in direct opposition to the facts.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
13.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @13.1.3    4 years ago
Always (it seems) in direct opposition to the facts.

Some people like to make up their own facts to fit their own preconceptions or beliefs.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
14  pat wilson    4 years ago

They should cut lots of windows and doors in that thing and make it a homeless shelter.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
15  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

To encourage even more families to visit, the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum are welcoming all children 10 years and under for free during 2020.  As long as there is one adult paying full price admission, all children 10 and under in the same party come free.

Ark-free-300x214.png

Children as well as teens and adults can enjoy instructive high-tech exhibits for virtually all age levels, state-of-the-art videos, ever-expanding zoos, huge playgrounds, and, for an additional fee, ride the lengthy zip lines at both attractions. The Ark Encounter and Creation Museum in Northern Kentucky want to encourage parents and other adults to bring as many children as possible to experience these wholesome family-friendly themed attractions next year.

Ken Ham, CEO of the attractions, said, “Now more than ever, we need to teach our children the truth about their creator, his handiwork, and his Word. This free admission for children 10 and under will make it easier for families to come time and time again in 2020 to our uplifting attractions.”

Ham added: “While running these high-tech, world-class attractions is very expensive, we are  stepping out in faith with this special offer for children 10 and under through 2020.”

Attendance at the attractions continues to rise. The Creation Museum sees over 500,000 guests each year and the Ark Encounter welcomes well over one million guests annually.

The Creation Museum is located in Petersburg, Ky., west of the Cincinnati Airport. The Ark Encounter is in Williamstown, Ky., off I-75, with a full-size Noah’s Ark as its centerpiece. Free Christmas programs continue at both locations, with hundreds of thousands of colorful lights and special music programs, through December 30. There is a fee to park.

More information can be found at www.ArkEncounter.comand www.CreationMuseum.org.

Answers in Genesis    

Dulay
Professor Expert
15.1  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @15    4 years ago

The safety fee collected per ticket by Williamstown, KY proves that the attendance is NOT 1 million. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
15.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  XXJefferson51 @15    4 years ago
Children as well as teens and adults can enjoy instructive high-tech exhibits 

This is a joke right?  "Instructive"?  Instructive means that something can be learned.  Nothing can be learned from this.  It's 100% FICTION.  

CEO of the attractions, 

Now this is more truth than anything.  This whole thing is an ATTRACTION.  Just like Disney Land/World, 6 Flags or Kennywood.  It's an amusement park.

“Now more than ever, we need to teach our children the truth about their creator, his handiwork, and his Word. 

And in the same line, it quickly goess right back into being 100% FALSE.  

Creator?  What are we, something sold at an Ikea store?  Creator my big ole butt. 

His handiwork?  Really, if the bible is to be believed, this "god" destroyed EVERYTHING he supposedly created.  "His word"? 

His "word" has more edits than every episode of of the Simpsons combined.  For all you know, the bible started out as a neighborhood receipt for cooking children.

Holy F#CK people are gullible.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
16  pat wilson    4 years ago

This is the fate of the multimillion-dollar Noah’s Ark replica and theme park in Northern Kentucky, Ark Encounter, which is suing insurance carriers over coverage for rain-related damages to the property.

Too funny !