Michael Bloomberg to suspend presidential campaign

Via:  1stwarrior  •  one month ago  •  154 comments

Michael Bloomberg to suspend presidential campaign

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Michael Bloomberg, who spent hundreds of millions of dollars to self-fund his 2020 presidential run, announced Wednesday that he is suspending his campaign after   a poor performance on Super Tuesday , according to a source familiar.

The state of play:   Bloomberg opted to skip campaigning in early states, staking his candidacy on a string of Super Tuesday victories to launch him to frontrunner status, but that plan was ultimately felled by   the resurgence of Joe Biden's campaign .

• Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar both exited the race between the South Carolina primary and Super Tuesday and chose to back Biden — along with Beto O'Rourke.

• On Super Tuesday, Biden scored surprise victories in states like Texas, Massachusetts and Minnesota — and racked up huge wins across the South.

• While Bloomberg was viable in multiple states, he didn't win any — and his only victory was in the territory of American Samoa.

The big picture:   Bloomberg's self-funding drew backlash from an increasingly progressive party that is skeptical of the role of big money in politics. Bloomberg was one of two billionaires in the race, joined by Tom Steyer, who dropped out over the weekend.

• Bloomberg's record as mayor of New York City drew controversy, particularly his   support of stop-and-frisk . He apologized for the policy in November, acknowledging that it unfairly targeted people of color.

• He faced criticism for   his use of non-disclosure agreements   after being accused of harassment and gender discrimination by former female employees of Bloomberg LP.

• He also faced an ethical conflict related to his ownership of Bloomberg News. The eponymous founder refused to allow his company's journalism arm to investigate him as a candidate, forcing it to extend that   policy to all 2020 Democrats .

Bloomberg moved   to directly take on President Trump from the start of his run. Both campaigns took out   60-second ad slots   during the Super Bowl, and Bloomberg became a repeated target of Trump's tweets.

• Trump gave Bloomberg a signature nickname — "Mini Mike" — and   said   he "is going nowhere, just wasting his money."

What's next:   Bloomberg   has pledged   to pay his massive staff to continue to work through November to support whoever becomes the eventual Democratic nominee.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

1stwarrior
1  seeder  1stwarrior    one month ago

As Queen would sing - "And another one bites the dust".

When is Lizzie gonna drop?

Just Jim NC TttH
1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  1stwarrior @1    one month ago

Not sure she will as it seems, with the loss in her own state, she isn't popular enough for POTUS but at the same time, she may face an uphill battle. It's her own fault for "putting it out there" on a national stage and now her constituents know more about her than they may have wanted to. She may be waiting for a surprise...........or someone to tap her (ewwww) for the VPOTUS spot. JMHO

Vic Eldred
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  1stwarrior @1    one month ago

Bloomberg thought Biden was faltering, otherwise I doubt he would have got into the race. He was always too Conservative for democrats and was beaten badly in that fist debate with Warren.

Buzz of the Orient
1.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    one month ago

If billionaires aren't appreciated by Democrats, then maybe he should switch back to being a Republican....???

Vic Eldred
1.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.1    one month ago

And apologize for endorsing Biden, who also has no policies.

squiggy
1.3  squiggy  replied to  1stwarrior @1    one month ago

He just came up short.

WallyW
1.3.1  WallyW  replied to  squiggy @1.3    one month ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Donald J. Trump Fan #1
1.4  Donald J. Trump Fan #1  replied to  1stwarrior @1    one month ago

Good!  The most vile evil and wicked person to run for President of the United States is done. Let’s celebrate! 🎉🎊🎈🇺🇸🗽🦅

squiggy
1.5  squiggy  replied to  1stwarrior @1    one month ago

89382262_2911233202269652_56215866153159

Just Jim NC TttH
2  Just Jim NC TttH    one month ago

If Mr. Bloomberg had only listened to the Beatles more.................money can't buy you love.

Half a billion bucks...........wow. That money could have been a lot better spent but hey. As long as he can sleep at night and it was his to throw away. Although I am sure all the media outlets just loved it when he placed a buy for time slots.

CB
2.1  CB   replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    one month ago

He did not throw it away; many mouths were fed. And, goodness, if ever there was a man who wanted to be president with excess - Bloomberg is the genuine article. Many people have and will continue to be 'fed' from Mr. Bloomberg's rational, forward-thinking, participation in the democratic party and political process. I like Mike Bloomberg! He is a no-bullfhitter.

Sean Treacy
3  Sean Treacy    one month ago

Ouch....

500 million plus to win Samoa.

He should stay in the race and hope a miracle  happens at the convention. There's a reason Democrats became so cold to Biden over the last few months.  He's clearly falling apart mentally and confusing his sister and wife at his rally last night isn't going to help that narrative. 

There's a real good chance Biden's condition makes his nomination a mistake by the convention, and you'd think Bloomberg would want as many pledged delegates as possible on hand if that happens. If I were him, I'd just drastically dial back spending and wait to see what happens.

JohnRussell
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    one month ago
He's clearly falling apart mentally and confusing his sister and wife at his rally last night isn't going to help that narrative. 

He might catch up to Trump in that department in another hundred years or so. 

1stwarrior
3.1.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    one month ago

This is not about Trump John - so don't.

JohnRussell
3.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.1    one month ago
This is not about Trump John - so don't.

No, you dont.  I deleted my own seed about this because I saw you had posted yours a couple minutes sooner. 

I can easily make a new one where I wont have someone trying to tell me that Trump is not a part of the topic on a seed about the presidential election. 

Besides that, Trump's name is in the seeded article twice.  That makes Trump "on topic". 

Sean Treacy
3.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    one month ago

It will be fun watching you defend Biden's rapidly deteriorating mental condition  after spending the last three years questioning the mental health of Trump, who is obviously the much sharper of the two at this point in their lives. 

Biden is the reality of what you've claimed Trump to be.

JohnRussell
3.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.3    one month ago

Thats funny Sean. What kind of kool aid are you drinking? 

At least Bidens not a scum bag. 

1stwarrior
3.1.5  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.2    one month ago

John - I'm asking you nicely to not start your Trump bashing on my thread.  Do your own.

WallyW
3.1.6  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.4    one month ago

Can't wait until Trump destroys Biden/Sanders at the debates

zuksam
3.1.7  zuksam  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.3    one month ago

Ain't that the truth ! Hunter Biden has visions of sugarplums dancing in his head. If his dad wins the Presidency Hunter is going to be a very wealthy man. Quid Pro Joe is going to make his family a lot of money if he wins, but there's slim chance of that. 

Donald J. Trump Fan #1
3.1.8  Donald J. Trump Fan #1  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.4    one month ago

Actually he is worse than that. 💩🧻

1stwarrior
3.2  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    one month ago

Got a link for that confusion?

CB
3.3  CB   replied to  Sean Treacy @3    one month ago
There's a real good chance Biden's condition makes his nomination a mistake by the convention . . . .

A whisper campaign in the works, eh? Nobody will believe it this time around. You played that tired on internet meme out on Hillary Clinton. In fact, we've seen all the Russian trolling crap - it's in the Mueller report. What's up next: Sending flyers to black Americans to pick Trump or stay at home this fall? Well, we saw the Cambridge Analytical data 'crunch' videos too!

CB
3.4  CB   replied to  Sean Treacy @3    one month ago
He's clearly falling apart mentally and confusing his sister and wife at his rally last night isn't going to help that narrative. 

Now you are a 'tv' doctor? Just diagnose 'em right thar through the boob tube? Hilarious. [deleted]

CB
3.4.1  CB   replied to  CB @3.4    one month ago

Well of course I was not writing about a real anything to Sean Tracy thar. But, okay!

Split Personality
3.5  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    one month ago

It was a nice moment whether they were on the wrong sides or not.

They were behind him as they  walked out and he reached back without looking as he started the introduction.

It was laughed off by the people who voted for him.

Sean Treacy
3.5.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @3.5    one month ago

Of course it was laughed off by his supporters. That's what they do. It's just ole' Joe being confused again.

Watch the video. They walked out in the oder where Jill Biden would be on his right. At the 14 second mark, he turns and looks and his sister and wife. At about the 22 second mark he turns and looks directly at his wife.  At no point did the women switch.

At 45 seconds he takes his wife's hand and calls her his little sister. 

Get used to parroting silly excuses for Biden's mistakes. His shills have a lot of work a head of them.

Split Personality
3.5.2  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.5.1    one month ago

Of course you are correct as always Sean.

The man's been senile for over 40 years.

please don't vote for him.

jrSmiley_32_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
3.5.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @3.5.2    one month ago
he man's been senile for over 40 years

Go get that straw man! 

Sean Treacy
3.5.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @3.5.4    one month ago

He better watch out with you around.  He's about to get attacked!

1stwarrior
3.5.6  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @3.5.2    one month ago

OK SP - talk the thread and leave off your jabs at other commenters.

Split Personality
3.5.7  Split Personality  replied to  1stwarrior @3.5.6    one month ago

but 3.5.5 is ok?

jrSmiley_32_smiley_image.gif

1stwarrior
3.5.8  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @3.5.7    one month ago

I guess defending oneself doesn't always receive a "click" - ya think?

Split Personality
3.6  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    one month ago
Ouch.... 500 million plus to win Samoa.

And it was his choice to spend 1% of his net worth exactly as he pleased.

Buzz of the Orient
3.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    one month ago

Maybe he should be made Ambassador to Samoa.

Split Personality
3.7.1  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.7    one month ago

It's an American territory, it has a Governor.

Buzz of the Orient
3.7.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @3.7.1    one month ago

LOL. I should have realized that.  My bad.

JohnRussell
4  JohnRussell    one month ago

I think the thing that did the most damage to Bloomberg was not his looking uncomfortable at the debates, but the fact that he didnt try to talk like a Democrat. He seemed to hold himself out as a separate 'cavalry' coming to rescue the Democrats. 

He never made a connection with the primary voters. 

It Is ME
5  It Is ME    one month ago

I never understood his bid run for president, especially running within a group that says they Hate "Big Bucks", and another Group that's afraid of the "Big Buck haters", and follow a lead they really don't believe in just for votes.

Will Lizzie support Bernie after their Big Tiff ? Only a "Women" would know. jrSmiley_94_smiley_image.pngjrSmiley_95_smiley_image.pngjrSmiley_42_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
6  JohnRussell    one month ago

It is likely that Warren will drop out soon. She is meeting about that right now. 

Warren has , in theory, a logical reason to keep going. She could offer herself as a compromise between Biden and Sanders, and as the person who could unite both the progressives and the moderates. This is not a bad plan at all. 

But, in reality people would consider her as the third wheel and she would end up hurting Sanders more than Biden, and she probably doesnt want to do that. 

JohnRussell
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6    one month ago

Warren is "assessing".

That has turned out to be code for dropping out when used by the other campaigns. 

I would guess it will happen today or tomorrow. 

TᵢG
7  TᵢG    one month ago

People now might believe his original claim that his primary goal was to defeat Trump.

Dean Moriarty
7.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  TᵢG @7    one month ago

If that was the case he would have run as a Republican. 

TᵢG
7.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7.1    one month ago

Challenge an incumbent presiding over a healthy economy in the primary?     Horrible strategy.

Split Personality
7.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7.1    one month ago

The GoP in many states would not allow any competitors to Trump on their ballots.

Look at SC's ballot.   No Presidential candidates, not even Trump.  I believe AR, KS are the same.

That makes it hard for a challenger to compete fairly.

MUVA
7.1.3  MUVA  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.2    one month ago

No reason to waste money.

Split Personality
7.1.4  Split Personality  replied to  MUVA @7.1.3    one month ago

or deny Republicans their right to choose, right?

This is still a democracy where everyone gets to vote right?

And the states like MN, SC who did not have a Presidential primary saved not a single penny.

They still held primaries for the Senate, House and all sorts of local seats and judges.

Same computers, paper work, staffers, etc.

KDMichigan
7.1.5  KDMichigan  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.2    one month ago
The GoP in many states would not allow any competitors to Trump on their ballots.

So? Isn't that standard operating procedure for any incumbent President. 

Split Personality
7.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  KDMichigan @7.1.5    one month ago

Apparently not, of the 15 GOP primaries so far

only MN & ME removed the choice of Presidential nominees.

The POTUS has garnered from 85.6% to 97% of the Republican votes.

You would think his campaign would want to know those things...

Interactive

Just Jim NC TttH
7.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @7.1.7    one month ago

From your link.......................

"As a general rule, when either party has an incumbent president in the White House, there's no rationale to hold a primary," South Carolina GOP Chairman Drew McKissick said about the move.  That's generally true. South Carolina didn't hold a Republican primary in 1984 or 2004 when Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush were running for second terms. In 2004, in fact, 10 states canceled their GOP nominating contests.

Ozzwald
7.1.9  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.8    one month ago
From your link.......................

When the incumbents are running unopposed....

KDMichigan
7.1.10  KDMichigan  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.6    one month ago

Your are the one bitching about two states not having primaries for a incumbent president.

I'm just sure you were just as put out for the previous incumbent president when democrats did the same thing./s

Texan1211
7.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  KDMichigan @7.1.10    one month ago

Remember in 2016 when Hillary bought the DNC, and we were told that each political party sets its own rules for nominations, and that we should shut the hell up?

Doesn't it make sense that a political party would support its own incumbent--someone who has already proven that they can beat the other side?

I say if they want to change things, join the Republican Party and DO SOMETHING other than whine.

TᵢG
8  TᵢG    one month ago

This now is a major threat to Trump.   In effect, Biden is now better financed than any campaign in history.

MUVA
8.1  MUVA  replied to  TᵢG @8    one month ago

But Biden is still the worlds biggest knucklehead it’s the knucklehead vs the meat head.

JohnRussell
8.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  MUVA @8.1    one month ago

Biden is immeasurably more fit to be president of the United States than Trump is. It's not even close. 

MUVA
8.1.2  MUVA  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.1    one month ago

No joe is creepy and a life long corrupt politician Ukraine will be his downfall.

Tessylo
8.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  MUVA @8.1.2    one month ago

Why will Ukraine be his downfall?

katrix
8.1.4  katrix  replied to  MUVA @8.1.2    one month ago
No joe is creepy and a life long corrupt politician

And yet you support Trump? LMAO!

MUVA
8.1.5  MUVA  replied to  katrix @8.1.4    one month ago

Is Trump a lifelong politician?Creepy Joe is the poster boy for corruption along with his moron kid.

MUVA
8.1.6  MUVA  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.3    one month ago

The investigation has started he will be found out.

katrix
8.1.7  katrix  replied to  MUVA @8.1.5    one month ago
Is Trump a lifelong politician

Nope, Deranged Donnie is a lifelong con artist along with his moron sons.

Ozzwald
8.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  MUVA @8.1.6    one month ago
The investigation has started he will be found out.

Are you stating that Trump has ordered investigations on his political rivals???  Admitting Trump is an authoritarian?

CB
8.1.9  CB   replied to  Ozzwald @8.1.8    one month ago

President Trump is a dangerous man; do not accept money from him. It will cost the nation dearly in the end!

MUVA
8.1.10  MUVA  replied to  Ozzwald @8.1.8    one month ago

No Ukraine has started a formal investigation into creepy joe.

Donald J. Trump Fan #1
8.1.11  Donald J. Trump Fan #1  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.1    one month ago

Biden will be in a convalescent home with others ruling in his name if he ever became president 

Ozzwald
8.1.12  Ozzwald  replied to  MUVA @8.1.10    one month ago
No Ukraine has started a formal investigation into creepy joe.

Prove it.

evilgenius
8.2  evilgenius  replied to  TᵢG @8    one month ago
In effect, Biden is now better financed than any campaign in history.

The money totals this year will be staggering!

Raven Wing
8.3  Raven Wing  replied to  TᵢG @8    one month ago
This now is a major threat to Trump.  

And Trump knew that Biden was a bigger threat to him than Bernie. That is why Trump has been promoting Bernie for his opponent and trashing Biden.

Biden may seem to be a buffoon, but, he really isn't. He has lots of Senate and VP experience up his sleeve that is far more than any of his opponents, and that is what Trump lacks in every way. And....that is what worries Trump.

The Magic Eight Ball
8.3.1  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Raven Wing @8.3    one month ago
And Trump knew that Biden was a bigger threat to him than Bernie.

hate to break the news so early but biden will not beat trump. not even a chance.

TᵢG
8.3.2  TᵢG  replied to  Raven Wing @8.3    one month ago

Sanders would lose big to Trump.   Biden, however, has a chance.   Given Bloomberg's backing, if Bloomberg follows through with funding the Biden could have the biggest war chest in our history.   Although it sucks that we spend so much money on campaigns, this factor is indeed a threat to Trump.    Without such funding I do not see someone like Biden beating Trump because all he offers is 'I am not Trump'.    As incumbent, Trump now has credentials of 'I have been PotUS' against Biden's credentials.   I do not think the electorate will find Biden's experience that much of an advantage.

In short, Bloomberg could, IMO, give Biden the boost that he needs.

JohnRussell
8.3.3  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @8.3.2    one month ago
Without such funding I do not see someone like Biden beating Trump because all he offers is 'I am not Trump'.    As incumbent, Trump now has credentials of 'I have been PotUS' against Biden's credentials.   I do not think the electorate will find Biden's experience that much of an advantage.
-
- I do not see someone like Biden beating Trump because all he offers is 'I am not Trump'.

For many people that is more than enough.  You simply do not understand that. 

The first poll after Super Tuesday showed Biden beating Trump by 8 points. 

TᵢG
8.3.4  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.3    one month ago
For many people that is more than enough.  You simply do not understand that. 

I simply do not agree that is enough.

General election polls taken in March.   Meaningless.

It Is ME
8.3.5  It Is ME  replied to  TᵢG @8.3.2    one month ago
Biden, however, has a chance.

Trump would make Biden look more foolish than he already did during the Democrat Debates.

"In short, Bloomberg could, IMO, give Biden the boost that he needs."

Mo' Money ?

Money doesn't buy "A Good Memory"..... or an election for that matter (See Bloomberg's try at it) !

Texan1211
8.3.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.3    one month ago

And virtually every poll had Clinton beating Trump.

Have you learned nothing about polls?

CB
8.3.7  CB   replied to  TᵢG @8.3.2    one month ago
As incumbent, Trump now has credentials of 'I have been PotUS' against Biden's credentials. 

I see your point. That said. Trump is a grotesque liar, cheater, and is even mealy-mouthing something as important as a pandemic. Biden should have many, many, tools in his campaign-chest, magnified by the reach of Bloomberg's former staffing across the country to exploit the cunning of a mad-president. Trump is a man who simply can not be trusted with four more years of the wealth, information, value systems of this country.

It is time we all get onboard to letting Trump go back out into the private sector, where society has rules and controls to contain him. Apparently, the federal government is powerless to contain a man who does not have the grace to discipline himself. And on that last, Trump is valued by millions of conservatives who for decades have wanted a president who would trample on the rights and privileges of liberals. It is a tired, aging, monster of a political war that Trump has promised the conservatives, he will put their enemies under his foot.

Biden has been eight years Vice-president, he may be about to get the time he needs to show us what being at the apex of governance really can do for one embroiled in the political fight for the soul of the country he loves and wants to see remain existing.

Elizabeth Warren signed off this Thursday morning. Let's hope her immediate silence about endorsements is a signal that she will forsake Bernie Sanders in coming days. Joe Biden would be smart to call her back yet again. And offer her something meaningful at this time.

TᵢG
8.3.8  TᵢG  replied to  CB @8.3.7    one month ago

At this point all we can do is observe Biden in action.   I expect Biden will get the nomination.   We need to see how he performs as the presumptive nominee.  Next we need to evaluate his pick for VP.   Also, we need to see if Bloomberg comes through big for Biden with $$$.

Biden's best chance is for the economy to tank.    Not how I want this to go.

CB
8.3.9  CB   replied to  TᵢG @8.3.8    one month ago

Should your projection be accurate (I do hope so), Biden will need to forcefully defend his reputation against a mad-president and its surrogates. I am counting, nay, I am even today emailing (will the Biden campaign finally be able to afford a single if not more telephone contact for the public) the campaign to take stock of negative branding by Trump, republicans, and conservatives—everywhere.

The forces against Biden are already fanning out to spread a whisper campaign, rumor, and disinformation to the sum total of making the 2020 election about the election of "the lesser of two-evils." Can you believe it? The lesser of two evils and this Trump we have learned about in the last four years is supposed to be better for the country than well, Biden.

Joe Biden has to protect his brand and the trickier aspect of not letting Trump and "company" drag his son disproportionately into this presidential campaign. Biden will need to be everywhere at once: "All hands On Deck" going forward. Trump already has okayed the political assassination of any democratic front-runner.

I am emailing, next.

CB
8.3.10  CB   replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.3    one month ago

Hey John, just got done emailing (again) the Biden campaign about the Trump tactic of "the lesser of two evils." I have not attempted to verify your claim of the point spread, but I will go with that. Impeached President Donald Trump (The 'Mouth') has yet and is gearing up to verbally pummel Joe Biden unmercifully. That point spread will not hold.

As even some of Biden's 'critics' like Bernie Sanders are now complaining about some Biden senatorial votes of long ago and prior the Obama administration which they insist he speak on as early as the next debate, even hoping those matters hold potential to do considerable political damage.

loki12
9  loki12    one month ago

The abject hypocrisy of the democrats and pretend independents will be fully on display this election cycle, How long did we listen to them whine like little bitches about Sheldon Adelson and the Kochs spending their money to influence elections? now they cheer Bloomberg doing what they whined about for years? 

Definition of   hypocrite

1 :   a person who puts on a false appearance of   virtue   or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

I'm all for Bloomberg burning through all 55 billion on Joe Biden it's his money to spend as he pleases, it's worked so well for him so far. Go for it Doucheberg!

Colour Me Free
9.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  loki12 @9    one month ago

LOKI!  Good to see you …. 

Early last summer I was calling for a Biden / Buttigieg 2020 ticket -    Buttigieg starts a fire and Biden burned out [I thought my hopes were dashed].. wow what a different the last 72 + hours has made -- Buttigieg impressed me by taking the first hit for the team after South Carolina .. stepping aside and supporting Biden .. Klobuchar impressed me as well .. either would be a great VP choice.  At the moment I am supporting my original choice...……………………………...

Biden / Buttigieg 2020

regarding Bloomberg …… the man is a troll!

Hugs … : )

Trout Giggles
9.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Colour Me Free @9.1    one month ago

That sounds like a good ticket to me, Colour!

loki12
9.1.2  loki12  replied to  Colour Me Free @9.1    one month ago

Mayor Pete brings more than Klobuchar, he can put Indiana in play off setting Pence. 

Colour Me Free
9.1.3  Colour Me Free  replied to  loki12 @9.1.2    one month ago

Excellent point …  I had not even considered that .. I was thinking more along the lines of the 'firsts' he could bring to the ticket in order to inspire more to vote .. not on a party line, but to vote their conscience

Colour Me Free
9.1.4  Colour Me Free  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.1    one month ago

In 2016 I considered dusting myself off and getting involved if Biden tossed his hat in ring … I never saw Buttigieg coming - do not agree with the man on many things - but he was the dark horse I was looking for ………….

Dreams can come true - can they not?  Haha

Good to see you Mrs T

Ender
9.1.5  Ender  replied to  Colour Me Free @9.1.4    one month ago

I liked Buttigieg and got to where I started to like Klobuchar.

(What is it with these hard names)

I liked the idea of some young blood instead of the seventy plus crowd.

I think Biden adding someone like Warren to his ticket would be a disaster. I would be happy with a Buttigieg VP ticket. If Biden would be elected would be great experience for him.

katrix
9.1.6  katrix  replied to  Ender @9.1.5    one month ago
I liked the idea of some young blood instead of the seventy plus crowd.

These guys are all too old for my preference - I hope the winner picks a younger VP. I would not want to see Biden and Sanders on the same ticket.

Colour Me Free
9.1.7  Colour Me Free  replied to  Ender @9.1.5    one month ago

Hi Ender ..

Buttigieg would be a kick ass VP [my opinion] … remember how Cheney influence turned Bush to the dark side of the force - Buttigieg's influence would be enlightened coming from a well educated and research side of the force ….. 

Haha I tried to reword in order to not use the Star wars reference - nothing sounded as accurate  :  )

Perrie Halpern R.A.
9.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Colour Me Free @9.1.7    one month ago

I like young blood, too. Someone who can redirect the youth vote away from Sandes' crowd. 

I think that the black community is looking for a black veep for their support. I don't know how much of a difference this will make in the general elections. 

Colour Me Free
9.1.9  Colour Me Free  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.8    one month ago
I think that the black community is looking for a black veep for their support.

Of course this is pure speculation .. yet I do not think the black community is looking at the color of a woman / man's skin, as mush as seeking representation on the national level .. have a voice..

Buttigieg at this point does not have the vote of the black community .. but I am thinking everyone is gong to get along : :)

Fingers crossed ...?

Buzz of the Orient
9.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @9.1.5    one month ago
"(What is it with these hard names)"

He could change his name to be an easily recognized car name, like Pontiac - after all, he already has the support of the Native Americans. Lincoln did well with his name. LOL

Donald J. Trump Fan #1
9.1.11  Donald J. Trump Fan #1  replied to  Ender @9.1.5    one month ago

the first second man ever!  

Nerm_L
10  Nerm_L    one month ago

Joe Biden did better in Minnesota than I expected.  I thought the race would be closer between Biden and Sanders.  But that may have been influenced by Amy Klobuchar dropping out and endorsing Biden.  Medicare for All hasn't been extremely popular in Minnesota and Bernie tried to sell the idea with slogans rather than explanations.

I am not surprised the Democratic establishment have gotten behind Joe Biden.  I am a little surprised voters are throwing so much support toward Biden.  Joe Biden has become a safe 'anybody but' candidate.  He certainly has not been campaigning with a policy agenda.  Biden is that glass of water with a D on it.

I still root for Bernie.  But I've understood all along that the Democratic Party would fight Bernie's nomination so there was little, if any, chance that Sanders would be running against Trump.  While a contest between Sanders and Trump is what the country needs, the United States doesn't have the cojones to actually change anything.  

The biggest winner coming out of Super Tuesday was complacency.  

loki12
10.1  loki12  replied to  Nerm_L @10    one month ago
The biggest winner coming out of Super Tuesday was complacency.

It's about control, Biden will be a puppet, they will pull his strings and he will dance like a good little marionette. if they can just tape his mouth shut. Sanders is way to independent for the party elites to control so he doesn't stand a chance.

Nerm_L
10.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  loki12 @10.1    one month ago
It's about control, Biden will be a puppet, they will pull his strings and he will dance like a good little marionette. if they can just tape his mouth shut. Sanders is way to independent for the party elites to control so he doesn't stand a chance.

Well, if Democrats were smart they'd start floating the idea of a Biden and Sanders ticket.  The primary contest would be about which would be President and which Vice President.  That would highlight policy issues and work toward a campaign idea of real but pragmatic change.  And a ticket with Biden and Sanders running together would unify the party.

But Democrats aren't smart so they won't.  

TᵢG
10.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @10.1.1    one month ago
But Democrats aren't smart so they won't.  

Might be a bit of a problem given the egos involved.

Colour Me Free
10.1.3  Colour Me Free  replied to  loki12 @10.1    one month ago
. Sanders is way to independent for the party elites to control so he doesn't stand a chance.

but but .. Sanders is not a democrat..  I will not go into my thoughts about regarding Sanders politics, I know you were somewhat behind Sanders in 2016..

Will Biden be / what if Biden is a puppet?  I have always felt that the US needs a break, a time to heal, which is why I supported a Biden one term bid in 2016 .. we do not need a president to force an agenda - 'we' need a president to bring us together.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
10.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Colour Me Free @10.1.3    one month ago

Hi Colour! Hope you are doing well!

e do not need a president to force an agenda - 'we' need a president to bring us together.

Amen to that!

Nerm_L
10.1.5  Nerm_L  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.2    one month ago
Might be a bit of a problem given the egos involved.

Biden has demonstrated a willingness to be a team player; supposedly that is his appeal.  Sanders also demonstrated willingness to be a team player during the 2016 general election; Sanders plays a long game.  Both are old enough to preclude another chance to stroke their egos.

Biden and Sanders seem to be more compatible than would have been a Clinton/Sanders ticket.

TᵢG
10.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @10.1.5    one month ago

The VP needs to be much younger.

Nerm_L
10.1.7  Nerm_L  replied to  Colour Me Free @10.1.3    one month ago
Will Biden be / what if Biden is a puppet?  I have always felt that the US needs a break, a time to heal, which is why I supported a Biden one term bid in 2016 .. we do not need a president to force an agenda - 'we' need a president to bring us together.

If Joe Biden is a puppet then he won't bring the country together.  As a puppet (or rubber stamp), Biden would follow the lead of Congressional Democrats rather than lead himself.  Biden certainly hasn't been campaigning on policy so the possibility of Biden being a rubber stamp can't be ignored.

Congressional Democrats, especially House Democrats, don't play a long game.  The terms are too short.  Congressional Democrats want quick fixes that provide instant gratification.  If Biden is only a rubber stamp then there will be more chaos in the White House than there is now; it just won't be as visible.  A weak President will only encourage bureaucratic in-fighting.

JohnRussell
10.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.6    one month ago

I'm predicting Kamala Harris. 

Nerm_L
10.1.9  Nerm_L  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.6    one month ago
The VP needs to be much younger.

The same argument applies to party establishment.  Why isn't someone younger Speaker of the House or Democratic leader in the Senate?  The age of the politician doesn't matter as much as the age of their supporters.  The facts are that the Democratic Party is being led by old people.  The Democratic status quo is going to die of old age.  Someone among the elders needs to lead a transition.

TᵢG
10.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.8    one month ago

LOL

TᵢG
10.1.11  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @10.1.5    one month ago
Biden has demonstrated a willingness to be a team player

He would not be Sanders' VP and Sanders would not be Biden's VP.

Split Personality
10.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.8    one month ago

She reportedly met him in LA and was close to Bo Biden.

MUVA
10.1.13  MUVA  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.8    one month ago

Get on the bus Gus.

Colour Me Free
10.1.14  Colour Me Free  replied to  Nerm_L @10.1.7    one month ago
If Joe Biden is a puppet then he won't bring the country together.

And Bernie 'not' being a puppet does bring the country together?  Bernie is Trump's chaos amplified..  I am looking for my elected officials to work together .. Partisanship is fucking this country up ..  I feel that Biden is the best chance at this time to work both sides of the aisle .. Buttigieg has the same abilities with far better oratory skills

I am not blind to Biden - he is what he is … so far we have survived Trump ---- the nation will not collapse under Biden [foreign policy, the middle east?]………….. hmmm it just might mellow out … !?!

Everything is speculation at this point … 'we' have to wait and see …..

Nerm_L
10.1.15  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.8    one month ago
I'm predicting Kamala Harris. 

That would be consistent with establishment political calculus. 

Keep in mind that the Democratic Blue Wall is projected to lose 7 or 8 House districts before the 2022 mid-term.  The Democratic Party will be focusing more attention on Texas, Florida, and North Carolina since those states are projected to be the big gainers following the census.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a VP selection from one of the states that are going to gain House seats.  Julian Castro may be on the radar.  So might Beto O'Rourke although he has a lot of baggage to be considered for VP.

Colour Me Free
10.1.16  Colour Me Free  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @10.1.4    one month ago

Hi Perrie …  pssst your name still comes up as misspelt, something needs to be done about this...!

I am well Perrie, thanks for asking it was a longer healing process than I could have ever imagined ….. speaking about healing - How are you feeling?

The division is making me insane …. I struggle to understand to what depth 'my way is better than your way' goes  - I do not think compromise comes naturally .. submission does however … and the current government demands submission [or so it appears to me]

Nerm_L
10.1.17  Nerm_L  replied to  Colour Me Free @10.1.14    one month ago
And Bernie 'not' being a puppet does bring the country together?  Bernie is Trump's chaos amplified..  I am looking for my elected officials to work together .. Partisanship is fucking this country up ..  I feel that Biden is the best chance at this time to work both sides of the aisle .. Buttigieg has the same abilities with far better oratory skills

Sanders isn't partisan.  He's not a Democrat, remember?

Yes, I think Biden and Sanders running on the same ticket would unify the Democratic Party.  The Congressional competition for political power won't allow the country to come together.  And single party control of government will be even more divisive.  Politics has given up on policy; now it's all about winning elections by any means.  It seems Sanders is the only politician campaigning on making fundamental changes to policy.  Although, Trump did campaign on making fundamental changes, too.

As long as the urban/rural divide exists the country won't come together.  New York City isn't on the same planet as Des Moines, IA.  And the Democratic political strategy to garner urban and suburban support to win elections isn't going to overcome that growing division in the country.

r.t..b...
10.1.18  r.t..b...  replied to  Colour Me Free @10.1.16    one month ago
I do not think compromise comes naturally .. submission does however … and the current government demands submission

We've missed having your input, friend...but this comment is well worth the wait as it is spot on.

Loyalty is oft times a very good trait, but when it is the first requirement imposed by those in a leadership position, it can quickly become a very dangerous thing. 

Good thoughts headed your way.

Colour Me Free
10.1.19  Colour Me Free  replied to  Nerm_L @10.1.17    one month ago
Sanders isn't partisan.  He's not a Democrat, remember?

Ooops .. my bad?  In my defense can I submit the argument that polarization and partisanship are the same beast - or at least twin beasts...?7

Yes, I think Biden and Sanders running on the same ticket would unify the Democratic Party.

I do not disagree, I think the 2 together would unify to a degree ... but I must agree with those that commented above - Biden and Sanders on the same ticket does not work for me..

As long as the urban/rural divide exists the country won't come together.  New York City isn't on the same planet as Des Moines, IA.  And the Democratic political strategy to garner urban and suburban support to win elections isn't going to overcome that growing division in the country.

I am not a party affiliated individual and live in west central Montana - this is why the electoral college is such an amazing thing .. New York, California are not controlling the election process ………………………… but that is not a popular opinion!

Colour Me Free
10.1.20  Colour Me Free  replied to  r.t..b... @10.1.18    one month ago

Hello Razing ...

I have a contractor working in my house as we speak (remodeling my bedroom)  I have to battle everyday to ensure my vision remains the focus .. now the contractor is trying to minimize his cost for profit - our government produces nothing - yet the government still demands payment without doing the job hired for..... or even pretending to cut the cost .. just demanded …………………………………. let us slow the roll before the US is not recognizable .. ?  I am seeking some calm!

:Life is getting closer to normal .. since I do not know what normal is, I am on quite an adventure in life..

Hope you are well .. first thing I do when I pop in to New Stalkers is look to see if / where you are commenting at .. you are the best Razing!

r.t..b...
10.1.21  r.t..b...  replied to  Colour Me Free @10.1.20    one month ago
.. since I do not know what normal is, I am on quite an adventure in life..

...welcome along for the ride. Here's to never succumbing to normalcy, but appreciating it when it makes an occasional visit.    Peace...

JohnRussell
10.1.22  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @10.1.15    one month ago
I like young blood, too. Someone who can redirect the youth vote away from Sandes' crowd. 

It will be a woman, and probably one of the ones that ran for president. 

Klobuchar is a good possibility, but I think it will be someone a little further to the left. Harris.  

evilgenius
10.1.23  evilgenius  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.22    one month ago
...but I think it will be someone a little further to the left. Harris.  

She may be a decent VP pick, but Harris is not left. She tried to appeal to both moderates and progressives and failed. She defiantly wasn't progressive as a prosecutor and prominent progressive groups did not endorse her nomination.

Colour Me Free
10.1.24  Colour Me Free  replied to  r.t..b... @10.1.21    one month ago

I promise to never allow 'normalcy' to take root in my life  ……. my sons would have me committed!

… but yeah, I agree normalcy has its place!

Peace.....

JohnRussell
10.1.25  JohnRussell  replied to  evilgenius @10.1.23    one month ago

She's to the left of Klobuchar. 

1stwarrior
10.1.26  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.22    one month ago

Did you know that Trump is the youngest of the three????

TᵢG
10.1.27  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.22    one month ago

Harris gave Biden his first black eye.   I wonder if he will look beyond that.

Nerm_L
10.2  Nerm_L  replied to  Nerm_L @10    one month ago

BTW, Mike Bloomberg fared as poorly in Minnesota as I expected.  Bloomberg has been advertising in Minnesota but the message was all wrong.  The ads made the case that Mike Bloomberg should have a statue erected for all that he's done.  At least in Minnesota, it seemed Bloomberg was campaigning for a participation award.

evilgenius
10.2.1  evilgenius  replied to  Nerm_L @10.2    one month ago

Yeah. I got all those ads too. I thought I could avoid them when I dropped Spectrum cable and went with Hulu. Nope, it was like Bloomberg central. I don't even live in MN. LOL!

Nerm_L
10.2.2  Nerm_L  replied to  evilgenius @10.2.1    one month ago
Yeah. I got all those ads too. I thought I could avoid them when I dropped Spectrum cable and went with Hulu. Nope, it was like Bloomberg central. I don't even live in MN. LOL!

Apparently Bloomberg paid a lot more for less influence than the Russians are touted as obtaining.  Mike Bloomberg seems to have actually believed the Democrats' hype about buying influence.

evilgenius
10.2.3  evilgenius  replied to  Nerm_L @10.2.2    one month ago
Apparently Bloomberg paid a lot more for less influence than the Russians are touted as obtaining. 

I disagree. Bloomberg lost while the Russians won.

Tacos!
11  Tacos!    one month ago

Imagine spending half a billion dollars on something you're not really even that into.

evilgenius
11.1  evilgenius  replied to  Tacos! @11    one month ago

He's pledged to continue to spend as much as it takes to remove Trump from office.

Dean Moriarty
11.1.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  evilgenius @11.1    one month ago

Let's hope the electorate will hate that bombardment of spam commercials as much the 500 million he already wasted annoying people. 

evilgenius
11.1.2  evilgenius  replied to  Dean Moriarty @11.1.1    one month ago

Dean, the electorate has said every election cycle the amount of ads sucks, but the candidates raise more and more money every time. This year combined they will spend more than the GDP of many small countries.

Comrade Cameron
12  Comrade Cameron    one month ago

He lost because he is a racist capitalist. Hopefully we can get the racist Alzheimer patient out of the race too.

CB
12.1  CB   replied to  Comrade Cameron @12    one month ago

Uh-oh. Please elaborate.

Comrade Cameron
12.1.1  Comrade Cameron  replied to  CB @12.1    one month ago

Joe Biden has a long history of racism and corruption. I really need to help you with this?

Ideologically honest people don't settle for that type of candidate.

igknorantzrulz
12.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Comrade Cameron @12.1.1    one month ago

interesting

Tessylo
12.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Comrade Cameron @12.1.1    one month ago

So your proof?

CB
12.1.4  CB   replied to  Comrade Cameron @12.1.1    one month ago

No, I really don't need specific help with anything, Comrade Cameron. You are welcome here.

Just so you know, bringing a sword to dinner may be required (for those who go overboard); I hope you understand. /

Again: Howdy!

Comrade Cameron
12.1.5  Comrade Cameron  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.3    one month ago

For two long so called progressives or dishonest people who say they share our ideology have tolerated capitalism and regulatory controls used to selfishly enrich the ruling class elites that supposedly share our beliefs. These people are not progressive, they are filthy opportunists that sell us on the idea that helping themselves and their friends will somehow benefit the people.

Joe Biden is just another Donald Trump and you are being easily fooled by the corrupt DNC establishment. It's rather disgusting.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/11/biden-bankruptcy-president/

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/09/joe-hunter-biden-family-money/

You can stick your head in the sand but don't call yourself a liberal or progressive. How about the other trumper.

Colour Me Free
12.1.6  Colour Me Free  replied to  Comrade Cameron @12.1.1    one month ago
Ideologically honest people don't settle for that type of candidate.

Ideology ruins the view! 

Biden is a racist and corrupt - Trump is neither of those things? 

Haha .. isn't it ironic?

Comrade Cameron
12.1.7  Comrade Cameron  replied to  Colour Me Free @12.1.6    one month ago

Don't get me started on that piece of shit in the white house now. The only thing ironic is that people who claim to despise trump now embrace biden.

That's not really funny it's sad.

igknorantzrulz
12.1.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Comrade Cameron @12.1.5    one month ago

You can stick your head in the sand but don't call yourself a liberal or progressive. How about the other trumper.

sounds like a coarse view 

Comrade Cameron
12.1.9  Comrade Cameron  replied to  igknorantzrulz @12.1.8    one month ago

When dealing with the infected minds of those enslaved by the practice of accumulating capital and the obsession with oneself, one can never be too blunt.

You either support equality or you do not. There is no in between to stall ones intellect.

igknorantzrulz
12.1.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Comrade Cameron @12.1.9    one month ago

[removed]

katrix
12.1.11  katrix  replied to  Comrade Cameron @12.1.9    one month ago
You either support equality or you do not.

I hate equality. I should have all the money, and nobody else should have any.

loki12
12.1.12  loki12  replied to  Colour Me Free @12.1.6    one month ago

Ideology ruins the view! 

Ruins or Spoils? Interesting turn of phrase. 

Colour Me Free
12.1.13  Colour Me Free  replied to  loki12 @12.1.12    one month ago
Interesting turn of phrase. 

Haha .. I could not remember how it went loki : )

It just seemed appropriate to say at the moment … 

The Magic Eight Ball
12.1.14  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Comrade Cameron @12.1.9    one month ago
You either support equality or you do not.

I don't believe in it.

I've always been curious as to why the so-called smartest people in the room can't make it in capitalism.

meanwhile, the dumb fuks like me retire early.

it is a conundrum :)

TᵢG
12.1.15  TᵢG  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @12.1.14    one month ago
I've always been curious as to why the so-called smartest people in the room can't make it in capitalism.

Where do you get your stats?

The Magic Eight Ball
13  The Magic Eight Ball    one month ago

as I have said from the start, he never even had a chance.

LOL he spent almost a billion to get the nickname "mini mike"

igknorantzrulz
13.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @13    one month ago

he'll make in one year more than Trump is worth

TᵢG
13.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  igknorantzrulz @13.1    one month ago

Exactly.   5% (for example) of $65 billion is $3.25 billion.

The Magic Eight Ball
13.1.2  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  igknorantzrulz @13.1    one month ago

so what?  LOL

he will never be president no matter how much he spends.  there is not enough money in the world. hillary had the same problem, she outspent trump and had her ass handed to her.

where's the fun at? neither biden or sanders can beat trump either.

the good news is mikes campaign ads have gone away.

"mike will get it done" - my ass/

cheers :)

loki12
14  loki12    one month ago

If Bloomberg wanted to blow 1/2 a billion on a disappointing failure, he should have bought the Detroit Lions.

Thrawn 31
15  Thrawn 31    one month ago

What I have always thought was funny about all this is that Bloomberg could have just bought Trump's business and be done with it lol. And for less than he spent on campaign ads.