╌>

Is There A Vaccine For Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  heartland-american  •  4 years ago  •  98 comments

By:   Andrew Klavan

Is There A Vaccine For Trump Derangement Syndrome?
The Chinese flu is an unprecedented bad news event in my lifetime – a life that has witnessed major assassinations, nationwide riots, 9/11, and that YouTube song about it being Friday. It took a minute, but Trump – somehow still alert and elastic – has adapted to the crisis. But not the press. From them, the same old hate just keeps on coming. Trump seems so far to have done what can be done in these situations.

Trump derangement syndrome is a clear and present danger to the the American people and to America itself.  It has clearly afflicted the lamestream media and it’s democrat party masters.  The hate directed at our President during this crisis is un American.  The lies they’ve told about our heroic war time President are to numerous to track.  Our President is doing a great job fighting this China virus.  

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

After the primaries this week, I was watching Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders. I’ve reached an age where I’ve seen just about everything and very little surprises me. But I confess myself… well, let’s say appalled that any sentient creature above the level of a jellyfish would vote for either of these men for president.

Because I have leftist friends and relatives, I know there are some on the Left who have drained the Kool Aid to the very dregs. They tell me they only hope they can die before climate change turns the earth into Mad Max: Fury Road. They have their fingers crossed that Joe Biden will pick a high quality vice presidential candidate like – wait for it – Stacey Abrams! And until the moment the stock market tanked, they actually believed the incompetent Barack Obama was responsible for the Trump economy.

So yes, I’ve witnessed with my own weary eyes the toxic effects of reading The New York Times as if it were still a newspaper. I’ve seen what that stuff can do to the human mind and it’s not pretty.

But Bernie Sanders? Joe Biden? Really? I know better than to think human stupidity has a bottom. All the same: appalled.

Sanders, at this point, looks like an unindicted co-conspirator in the Rosenberg case. He’s a radical visionary with his eyes on the far horizon – only it’s a horizon forty years behind him, back when all his ideas failed. As I write this, Bernie seems to be contemplating pulling out of the race. Still. The people who cheered him on must be the same young people who are still crowding the bars and beaches, saying, “Dude, I’m not letting this stupid flu thing get in the way of the party.”

As for Biden, he looks like the 1950’s neighbor who waves to you from his driveway before climbing into his Nash Rambler so he can pretend to go to a job he was fired from three weeks ago. Dazed and dead inside after a political life empty of principle, he really should be sitting in a rocker wistfully wondering where the time went. It would be touching to watch his wife gently leading him offstage when he forgets where he is, if only I didn’t hear reporters and other Democrat propagandists saying things like, “When I look at Joe, I see a president.” It’s a shocking con.

People keep asking how the field narrowed to these two old white men. It’s simple. They are perfect symbols of a party without a single new idea.

And the moral flea circus we call American journalism is right there with them.

The Chinese flu is an unprecedented bad news event in my lifetime – a life that has witnessed major assassinations, nationwide riots, 9/11, and that YouTube song about it being Friday. It took a minute, but Trump – somehow still alert and elastic – has adapted to the crisis. But not the press. From them, the same old hate just keeps on coming.

Trump seems so far to have done what can be done in these situations. The tests were slow, but the fault was with the very regulatory system he has tried to diminish. And he said a few flippant things at the beginning, but he’s Trump, so what? His decisive move to shut down travel from China saved lives while the media complained, and he seems to have good experts to whom he’s listening. And Vice President Mensch has lived up to his name, or at least the name I call him.

But the press continues to lie about Trump shamelessly. He called the virus a hoax. [Narrator: He didn’t.] He told the states to go it alone. [Nope.] He’s racist because he calls it the Chinese flu. [It comes from China and the Chinese let it spread before they told anyone and then tried to blame it on us.] And this isn’t fake news from some crap lunatic outlet like CNN or NBC. This stuff has been in the Times and The Washington Post – which then also run stories accusing Trump of dishonesty without even seeing the irony.

It won’t stop, but it really should. It’s disgraceful at a time when we need our leaders to lead and our reporters to report. I’m not saying they can’t criticize or disagree with the man. I’m not even saying they have to like him.

But after all the warnings that Trump would seize on any disaster to morph himself into Hitler (he hasn’t), after all the attacks on his border policy (which turns out to be just good sense), after all the fretting about his xenophobia (which was not xenophobia at all but wisdom about the errors of globalism), it’s time for the news bosses to either find a cure for Trump Derangement Syndrome or force the infected to shelter in place.

After that, they can simply apologize to the president, and move on.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

Trump seems so far to have done what can be done in these situations. The tests were slow, but the fault was with the very regulatory system he has tried to diminish. And he said a few flippant things at the beginning, but he’s Trump, so what? His decisive move to shut down travel from China saved lives while the media complained, and he seems to have good experts to whom he’s listening. And Vice President Mensch has lived up to his name, or at least the name I call him.

But the press continues to lie about Trump shamelessly. He called the virus a hoax. [Narrator: He didn’t.] He told the states to go it alone. [Nope.] He’s racist because he calls it the Chinese flu. [It comes from China and the Chinese let it spread before they told anyone and then tried to blame it on us.] And this isn’t fake news from some crap lunatic outlet like CNN or NBC. This stuff has been in the Times and The Washington Post – which then also run stories accusing Trump of dishonesty without even seeing the irony.

It won’t stop, but it really should. It’s disgraceful at a time when we need our leaders to lead and our reporters to report. I’m not saying they can’t criticize or disagree with the man. I’m not even saying they have to like him.

But after all the warnings that Trump would seize on any disaster to morph himself into Hitler (he hasn’t), after all the attacks on his border policy (which turns out to be just good sense), after all the fretting about his xenophobia (which was not xenophobia at all but wisdom about the errors of globalism), it’s time for the news bosses to either find a cure for Trump Derangement Syndrome or force the infected to shelter in place. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.2  squiggy  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    4 years ago

[deleted]

[deleted]

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.2.1  squiggy  replied to  squiggy @1.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  squiggy @1.2    4 years ago

You trolled me?  How could you!  Lol!  😀

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.2.3  squiggy  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.2    4 years ago

They hit the keys so hard they bounced.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  squiggy @1.2.3    4 years ago

That happens often...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago
The Chinese flu is an unprecedented bad news event in my lifetime

Otherwise known as the coronavirus or Covad 19 by people with actually follow the CDC.

Sanders, at this point, looks like an unindicted co-conspirator in the Rosenberg case.

Wow, the trifecta in antisemitism. Great piece of journalism you have there. 

Trump seems so far to have done what can be done in these situations. The tests were slow, but the fault was with the very regulatory system he has tried to diminish. And he said a few flippant things at the beginning, but he’s Trump, so what?

Oh I see.. a double standard. One for Trump and a different one for the Dems. 

Yes indeed some suffer from TDS while other suffer from TES (Trump excuse syndrome) or DSS (Democrats Suck Syndrome) of which this op/ed is doing a fine example of. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2    4 years ago
Yes indeed some suffer from TDS while other suffer from TES (Trump excuse syndrome) or DSS (Democrats Suck Syndrome) of which this op/ed is doing a fine example of. 

Perrie, there is no such thing as Trump Derangement Syndrome.  It is a farcical term used by the right to make excuses for Trump.  Is there a Bernie Madoff Derangement Syndrome? Is there a Harvey Weinstein Derangement Syndrome?  Of course not, they would be ridiculous.  "Trump Derangement Syndrome" is ridiculous too. 

When you say there is such a thing as TDS, you are taking a step towards normalizing Donald Trump. Is that really what you want to do? 

A couple months ago you deleted (ticketed) comments where a Trump supporter on this site suggested another member had TDS.  

Now you are saying it actually is a thing?  How do you explain this? 

Are we supposed to measure criticism of this ridiculous, absurd presidency so as to fall into the parameters of being "fair" to BOTH SIDES ? 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

I am going to disagree with you John. When every single thing that Trump does is bad then you have TDS. When all you think about all day is how much you hate Trump, you have TDS. I could go on. 

There is nothing both sides about what I said. I deal in reality. That is the reality. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago
Now you are saying it actually is a thing?  How do you explain this?

She didn't believe it before but, since the accusations have been made, she evolved due to the evidence right here on NT..........................

Not meaning to put words/thoughts in your head Perrie, just funnin'....................and maybe not

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.1    4 years ago

Its not my job to talk about the "good" things Trump does.  He is the worst president in the history of this country.  If you want to let him slide about this or that, that is on you. 

When we are dealing with the worst, most dishonest, most unethical person to ever hold national office I dont acknowledge "both sides" of the story. There is absolutely no reason to. 

I'm kind of shocked, to be honest with you, that you would say TDS is a real thing. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    4 years ago
I'm kind of shocked, to be honest with you, that you would say TDS is a real thing. 

As real as TES (Trump excuse syndrome) or DSS (Democrats Suck Syndrome) is.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.5    4 years ago

Keep going with this "both sides" stuff. You will get Trump re-elected. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.6    4 years ago

The democrats blocking the relief bill will do that. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.8    4 years ago

Both parties are blocking the relief bill in their own ways. Stop spinning it. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    4 years ago

Wally,

The Republicans were supposed to put in measures that would prevent corporations from using the money for buybacks, which they did not. Both sides are not doing what they should be doing. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.13  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

OK-- I'll admit it. 

I usually don'y mention this to strangers (or should I say "to strange people?")-- but I myself have a pretty bad case of HDS...as well as SDS. (And more than a tad of ATHDS!)

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.12    4 years ago
The Republicans were supposed to put in measures that would prevent corporations from using the money for buybacks, which they did not.

Not from the bill I saw.    What I saw required large corporations to pay it all back just like the last one.

Its just Democrat spin to cover the pure pork options they introduced imo.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.14    4 years ago

Ummm. no. Read the Bill here:

There is nothing in that bill that addresses buybacks. Read it yourself. 

No spin when you can just read it.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.16    4 years ago

I don't think so, but this is a new twist:

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.15    4 years ago

Regardless, I’d like to see the genesis of where it ends up.   And how any oversite provisions come to fruition.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.22  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.21    4 years ago

Trump is by far the best choice for President in the 2020 election.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.23  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.20    4 years ago

He’s been saying that about Trump since November 9, 2016 and has since similarly attacked his voters/ supporters.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2    4 years ago
Oh I see.. a double standard. One for Trump and a different one for the Dems. 

Now you're catching on.  This has existed since 2016.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3    4 years ago
The more American progressives complain about the term in sympathy

Apparently so, Jeremy. I guess I still find it shocking.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.1    4 years ago

It's not like it was hidden.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3.2    4 years ago

You know, your right. Sometimes I should take off those rose-colored glasses. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.4  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2    4 years ago
Wow, the trifecta in antisemitism.

Julius Rosenberg was a spy for the Soviet Union. Bernie Sanders is a fan of communist regimes - the Soviet Union among them.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @2.4    4 years ago

Exactly and I pointed out that this reference that was alleged as anti semitism actually came from Ben Shapiros site and I might now ad that if it really was some obvious intended anti semitism the seeded article would not have been carried by Real Clear Politics.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.4.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @2.4    4 years ago
Julius Rosenberg was a spy for the Soviet Union. Bernie Sanders is a fan of communist regimes - the Soviet Union among them.

Yes we all know. The issue is that his wife was not actively involved and didn't get a fair trial because.. now get this, antisemitic feelings in this country that all Jews were Bolsheviks. Her death is regarded as wrong. And because of them, Jews were brought in, in droves to sit in front of Joseph McCarthy whether guilty or not and tried. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.4.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.4.1    4 years ago
I might now ad that if it really was some obvious intended anti semitism the seeded article would not have been carried by Real Clear Politics.  

It is not being carried by Real Clear Politics.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.4.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.4.3    4 years ago

Actually it is.  

Andrew Klavan, The Daily Wire

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.4.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.4.4    4 years ago

That link doesn't work and when you google for the article it is not carried by Real Clear Politics. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.4.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.4.5    4 years ago

It most certainly was as that’s where I found it.  The headline above is slightly different on real clear politics than it is on daily wire but it was most certainly on real clear politics March 23 no matter the denials . When you click on the above from the Real Clear Politics site it directs you to the Daily Signal article I seeded.  Stop calling me a liar.  I’m stating on the record that it was there on March 23 and will not ever back down on that claim, period.  The real clear politics link above works.  Scroll down to RCP afternoon edition and it’s the 5th one down and it’s still listed as I stated above.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.4.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.4.6    4 years ago

I never called you a liar. I said that I googled it and I couldn't find it and the link you gave doesn't work either. 

So the only one misrepresenting what I said is you.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.4.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.4.8    4 years ago

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.4.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.4.9    4 years ago

The same Klavan article as seeded from the daily wire:  

KLAVAN: Is There A Vaccine For Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Andrew KlavanMarch 22nd, 2020

After the primaries this week, I was watching Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders. I’ve reached an age where I’ve seen just about everything and very little surprises me. But I confess myself… well, let’s say appalled that any sentient creature above the level of a jellyfish would vote for either of these men for president.

Because I have leftist friends and relatives, I know there are some on the Left who have drained the Kool Aid to the very dregs. They tell me they only hope they can die before climate change turns the earth into Mad Max: Fury Road. They have their fingers crossed that Joe Biden will pick a high quality vice presidential candidate like – wait for it – Stacey Abrams! And until the moment the stock market tanked, they actually believed the incompetent Barack Obama was responsible for the Trump economy.

So yes, I’ve witnessed with my own weary eyes the toxic effects of reading The New York Times as if it were still a newspaper. I’ve seen what that stuff can do to the human mind and it’s not pretty.

But Bernie Sanders? Joe Biden? Really? I know better than to think human stupidity has a bottom. All the same: appalled.

Sanders, at this point, looks like an unindicted co-conspirator in the Rosenberg case. He’s a radical visionary with his eyes on the far horizon – only it’s a horizon forty years behind him, back when all his ideas failed. As I write this, Bernie seems to be contemplating pulling out of the race. Still. The people who cheered him on must be the same young people who are still crowding the bars and beaches, saying, “Dude, I’m not letting this stupid flu thing get in the way of the party.”

As for Biden, he looks like the 1950’s neighbor who waves to you from his driveway before climbing into his Nash Rambler so he can pretend to go to a job he was fired from three weeks ago. Dazed and dead inside after a political life empty of principle, he really should be sitting in a rocker wistfully wondering where the time went. It would be touching to watch his wife gently leading him offstage when he forgets where he is, if only I didn’t hear reporters and other Democrat propagandists saying things like, “When I look at Joe, I see a president.” It’s a shocking con.

People keep asking how the field narrowed to these two old white men. It’s simple. They are perfect symbols of a party without a single new idea.

And the moral flea circus we call American journalism is right there with them.

The Chinese flu is an unprecedented bad news event in my lifetime – a life that has witnessed major assassinations, nationwide riots, 9/11, and that YouTube song about it being Friday. It took a minute, but Trump – somehow still alert and elastic – has adapted to the crisis. But not the press. From them, the same old hate just keeps on coming.

After that, they can simply apologize to the president, and move on. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

Fox News Channel is hosting a two-hour virtual town hall with President Trump and members of the White House coronavirustask force on Tuesday, March 24, at 12 p.m. ET.

The president and his team will be answering text and video questions you submit to Fox News' TwitterFacebookand Instagram accounts, as well as email submissions for the special live event at live-blog@foxnews.com.

Anchors Harris Faulkner and Bill Hemmerwill co-moderate the event, and will be joined by Dr. Mehmet Oz and Fox News contributors Dr. Nicole Saphier and Dr. Marc Siegel.

Part One of the town hall will feature Faulkner and Hemmer interviewing members of the coronavirus task force about the latest developments from the pandemic.

They will explain how the White House is handling the growing crisis before President Trump joins the forum at roughly 12:30 p.m. ET to answer questions from Fox News viewers across the country.

Faulkner has been holding special Q&A segments related to the coronavirus on a regular basis during “Outnumbered Overtime,” often speaking with the nation’s top medical experts.

Hemmer has also been a leading journalist during the coronavirus crisis, explaining the impact of the pandemic with easily digestible facts. Hemmer also anchors a nightly three-minute live coronavirus report weekdays at 6 p.m. ET on local FOX affiliates.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3    4 years ago

A really informative event.  Well done.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

Deal reached on $2-trillion coronavirus stimulus bill — largest by far in U.S. history

Sarah D. Wire
?url=https%3A%2F%2Fca-times.brightspotcdTreasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin made frequent trips between the offices of Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell and Democratic leader Charles E. Schumer for final negotiations Tuesday.  (Associated Press)

After haggling for days of over the final details, Senate Democrats and the White House agreed Tuesday to a nearly $2-trillion stimulus package to combat the economic fallout of the coronavirus outbreak, including direct payments to most Americans and a half-trillion-dollar fund to shore up struggling companies.

The stimulus bill — by far the largest ever proposed — comes with a price tag equivalent to 9% of the nation's gross domestic product and is meant to provide direct financial aid to help individuals, hospitals and businesses. It includes $300 billion for small businesses, $150 billion for local and state governments and $130 billion for hospitals, according to those involved in the negotiations.

Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) negotiated through Monday night and all day Tuesday to resolve outstanding issues.

A Senate vote on the deal could occur quickly, with the House potentially following soon after.

House members have not returned from their scheduled recess, and remote voting is not allowed under House rules. Pelosi indicated Tuesday that the fastest way for the House to approve the Senate bill would be by unanimous consent, a tactic generally reserved for small, noncontroversial legislation. It requires the consent of all current 430 House members, meaning a single representative could object, as long as he or she was on the floor to do so.

If that happens, Pelosi said she would probably need to call back the entire chamber for an in-person vote, a more time-consuming process that would also raise health risks and logistical challenges for members. It could also lead to potential changes to the legislation that would have to be reconciled with the Senate.

Despite the unusually bitter partisan bickering Monday on the Senate floor, Pelosi said earlier in the day that the final bill would represent a solid compromise between Senate Republicans -- who crafted the initial draft with Democrat input-- and Democrats, who delayed passage to ensure it included more of their priorities. "We think the bill has moved sufficiently to the side of workers," she said.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) appeared to leave the final negotiations to Schumer and Mnuchin, though the Treasury Secretary made frequent trips between the leaders' offices Tuesday.

The measure is the third stimulus bill proposed by Congress to address the economic and social disruptions of the pandemic. It follows an initial $8.3 billion measure largely aimed at developing a vaccine and a second package, passed last week, that mandated greater access to paid sick leave for workers and free COVID-19 testing.

The latest $2 trillion stimulus bill is expected to include direct payments of $1,200 or less to most adults, loans to businesses and an expansion of unemployment insurance and other aspects of the social safety net. It comes at a time when millions of Americans have been asked to stay away from school and work, and remain inside their homes to reduce the spread of the disease.

The amounts of the one time payments, which officials hope could go out to Americans as soon as early April, will be based on income reported in 2018 taxes, declining gradually beginning with individuals who made $75,000 or married couples filed jointly who made $150,000. Individuals making $99,000 or above, or married couples making $198,000 or more would receive no check. People would also receive an additional $500 per child.

Schumer said negotiators agreed to put “unemployment insurance on steroids” by expanding those covered to include people who are furloughed, gig workers and freelancers, and by increasing the payments by $600 dollars per week for four months, on top of what states provide as a base unemployment compensation.

“It will put money into the hands of those who need it so much, because they have lost their jobs through no fault of their own,” Schumer said.

Other changes to the final bill included increased oversight of the $500-billion fund managed by the Treasury to shore up struggling businesses through loans and loan guarantees. Recipients are expected to include airlines and other hard hit travel sectors.

A major sticking point for Democrats, the initial proposal gave Treasury latitude to disburse the funds, including the discretion not to disclose for up to six months which companies got taxpayer dollars.

The final deal includes an inspector general to oversee the $500 billion fund, as well as a five-person congressional panel.

“We cannot have a situation where when a company is getting money from the Treasury, the Federal Reserve, that we don’t know about it,” Schumer said.

Others involved in negotiations said the deal also includes around $130 billion for hospitals dealing with a shortage in medical masks, ventilators and hospital beds ahead of an expected wave of cases -- a $25 billion increase from what was initially proposed. And it provides $150 billion directly to state and local governments dealing with the outbreak.

Stocks rose sharply in America and around the world Tuesday in anticipation of the infusion of aid into the U.S. economy. 

“If we get this package, we’ll be setting the stage for a good rebound in the second half of the year,” said Larry Kudlow, the White House’s top economic adviser. “That’s our thinking. This package will undergird workers and families, Main Street, small businesses.”

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.smartnews.com%
The Los Angeles TimesAdd this channel

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4    4 years ago