╌>

Mitt Romney : Black Lives Matter

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  55 comments

Mitt Romney : Black Lives Matter

I am not a fan of Mitt Romney. His private equity (vulture capital) firm Bain Capital, ruined thousands of lives by "creatively destructing " companies and causing thousands of people to lose their jobs. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/05/romneys-bain-capital-profited-billions-by-bankrupting-american-workers/

But Romney's usefulness now is to be anti-Trump and he does a relatively good job of doing that. Now Romney has done more to make Trumpers heads explode, he has uttered the infamous words that agitate the blood of every right winger in America ,

"Black lives matter". 

Mitt-Romney-Black-Lives-Matter.jpg

Hannah Natanson

@hannah_natanson

·

16h

is marching with a group of nearly 1,000 Christians to the White House. Here he is on video saying why he’s walking: “... to make sure that people understand that Black Lives Matter”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Romney opposes Trump even though he is attacked by the Trumpsters and it has undoubtedly cost him influence and standing in the Senate and within his party. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Romney has devolved into a weak and unfunny joke. You must think he wields some kind of power and clout and influence.

I seriously doubt that he gives a crap or cares about black or brown people, now, or ever in his pathetic life..

But now he, and Shrub too, have become folk hero's for the left.

Too funny!

Pedro
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Pedro  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    4 years ago

They aren't heroes. They are at least making a pretense of doing the right thing though. Broken clock and all.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Pedro @1.1.1    4 years ago
They aren't heroes. They are at least making a pretens

they are globalists who have been selling our country to china for yrs.

• bush-1
  • clinton
  • bush-2
  • obama

there are more never trumpers / globalists on both sides of the isle

I only listed the presidents. and none of them president or not ever supported trump because they knew he would end that globalist crap and now they hate him even more because he did end that globalist crap and set 50yr records in unemployment at the same time.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Romney doing his best to try to stay relevant when he no longer is, or was for that matter.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    4 years ago

Ah yes, the old enemy of my enemy gambit ..... which rarely ends well for those who embrace it ......

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

Nah but your shameful attempted redefinition of the term TDS is noted.

Try harder John, that one is tired enough to be dust by now ....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    4 years ago
Nah but your shameful attempted redefinition of the term TDS is noted.

lol. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    4 years ago

TDS means different things to both parties.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.4    4 years ago

Nah, some on the left hijacked it because they were not clever enough to come come up with one on their own.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago

I like how blm makes an appearance a few months before presidential elections.

you can almost set your calendar by their bs.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3    4 years ago

Derek Chauvin is responsible for the reappearance of BLM at this time. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    4 years ago

No, John, the Democrat powers that be are responsible for not getting rid of racist cop Chauvin a long time ago.

He caused problems there for years, while the "leaders" in that Dem stronghold simply looked the other way.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.5  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    4 years ago
Derek Chauvin is responsible for the reappearance of BLM at this time.

so no other black people killed by cop since 2016   ? ?

amazing if true :)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to    4 years ago
At the very least, each and every law enforcement officer should be required to have an activated body-cam when in response to any call.

I would add that body cam should not be able to be turned off by anyone less than a shift supervisor with a key.

on duty? cam on every minute... no time outs and no exceptions

user image
Freshman Silent
4      4 years ago

Fuck black lives matter. White males have died THE EXACT SAME WAY. Blacks are not special. They do not receive any more brutality than any other race. Just of bunch of cry babies. Also Romney does not have the ability to make my head explode. He embarrasses himself every time he opens his mouth. No need for me to say anything about him.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  @4    4 years ago

You sound excitable right now. 

user image
Freshman Silent
4.1.2    replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    4 years ago

And you sound like someone avoiding an inconvenient fact.

lib50
Professor Silent
4.2  lib50  replied to  @4    4 years ago
Romney does not have the ability to make my head explode. He embarrasses himself every time he opens his mouth.

Yet you aren't embarrassed by anything Trump says or does.  Possibly anxious that we've finally reached the apex of Trump's approval and its on a steep slide down.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  lib50 @4.2    4 years ago

His support is at about 30%.  Pretty dismal and deplorable.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  lib50 @4.2    4 years ago
Yet you aren't embarrassed by anything Trump says or does.

We'll leave that to the left.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.2    4 years ago

No reputable poll shows his approval rating that low unless of course it was put together by an unreputable polling agency like Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.2    4 years ago

According to who? Let me guess, another poll right?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3  Tessylo  replied to  @4    4 years ago
'No need for me to say anything about him.'

Yet, you did.

Sounds like he's got a lot of 'conservatives' panties up in a wad.  

LOL!

Pedro
Professor Participates
4.4  Pedro  replied to  @4    4 years ago

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
8  Nerm_L    4 years ago

The Black Lives Matter movement will fail.  In the United States it isn't possible to achieve equal rights by infringing on the rights of others.  BLM has been doomed from the beginning.

Mitt Romney endorsing a lost cause isn't surprising.  Romney doesn't understand the United States.  Mitt Romney is following the Mormon history of taking a knee and standing apart from the United States.  Romney has abused freedom and the rule of law to infringe upon the rights of others for his own self benefit.

The BLM movement is doing the same.  BLM is abusing freedom and the rule of law to pursue a limited self benefit.  BLM is taking a knee and standing apart from the United States.  BLM is voicing a grievance that the black population has been treated differently, with considerable justification for the grievance.  The problem is that BLM is demanding that the black population be treated differently as a solution.

Equal rights cannot be achieved by standing apart.  The resolution of the justified grievance requires that the black population become part of all of us.  All Lives Matter.  All Lives Matter describes equality.  The only equality that can be achieved by Black Lives Matter is separate but equal; which dooms BLM to failure in the United States.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @8    4 years ago
BLM is voicing a grievance that the black population has been treated differently, with considerable justification for the grievance.  The problem is that BLM is demanding that the black population be treated differently as a solution.

The US is flooded with "white grievance" at this point in time. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2    4 years ago

"white grievance"

That's all tRump supporters seem to have.  

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
8.2.3  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2    4 years ago
The US is flooded with "white grievance" at this point in time. 

Why is that surprising?  The civil rights effort (demanding preferential treatment) has been divisive rather than unifying.  The civil rights effort has become a competition between grievances.

If the black population dismisses 'white grievances' as unimportant and irrelevant then the same will happen to 'black grievances'.  The BLM movement may achieve equality among the black population but has deliberately excluded the white population so can never achieve any sort of universal equality.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

Even if Mitt Romney supports BLM, I do not. Although I might have been supportive at one time, once it endorsed BDS it lost me. 

If it drops its endorsement of BDS, I will think differently, but what I DO support is its DOMESTIC purpose and maybe that's the business it should mind.