╌>

'I can't breathe,' Oklahoma man tells police before dying. 'I don't care,' officer responds.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  pedro  •  4 years ago  •  137 comments

By:   Tim Stelloh

'I can't breathe,' Oklahoma man tells police before dying. 'I don't care,' officer responds.

You "freedom loving" folks are right. Definitely no problem with the police at all.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Newly released body camera footage from an arrest in Oklahoma City last year shows a suspect saying “I can’t breathe” before he died at a hospital.

In the May 20, 2019 footage, released this week by the Oklahoma City Police Department, three officers are seen restraining the man, Derrick Scott, 42, who can be heard asking repeatedly for his medicine and saying that he can’t breathe.

200610-ok-police-bodycam-3-ew-456p_3ebdfef6366b584f6707705808752941.fit-760w.jpg Body camera video during the arrest of Derrick Elliot Scott on May 20, 2019 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. OCPD

“I don’t care,” one of the officers, Jarred Tipton, can be heard replying at one point. “You can breathe just fine,” another officer can be heard saying a couple of minutes later.

Scott, who appears unresponsive several minutes into the footage, was later pronounced dead at a local hospital. An autopsy obtained by NBC News lists his cause of death as a collapsed lung.

The incident began after officers were called to an area south of downtown Oklahoma City shortly before 2 p.m. after someone reported that a black man was arguing with people and brandishing a gun, Oklahoma City police Capt. Larry Withrow said in a statement.

The footage shows Scott running from officers after Tipton asks if he has any weapons. After the police tackle and restrain him, one of the officers can be seen removing a handgun from Scott’s pocket.

Later, an officer tries to administer CPR before paramedics arrive.

The autopsy said the police response did not result in “fatal trauma” and listed several other “significant” factors that contributed to his death, including physical restraint, recent methamphetamine use, asthma, emphysema and heart disease.

His manner of death was listed as “undetermined.”

Winthrow said an investigation into the incident by the Oklahoma County District Attorney’s Office cleared the three officers — Tipton, Ashley Copeland and Sgt. Jennifer Titus — of misconduct.

Winthrow attributed Tipton’s comments to the “heat of a conflict.”

“Certainly that may be something an officer says,”   he told NBC affiliate KFOR . “Just understand — the officers are fighting with someone at that point.”

But local activists and Scott’s relatives have challenged authorities. Scott’s uncle, Ronald Scott, told KFOR that he was “bothered by how they treated his life.”

“There is a lack of a focus on humanity and civility,” added Rev. T. Sheri Dickerson, of Black Lives Matter OKC. Authorities released the footage after the group included it in a list of demands to city leaders after protests over the death of   George Floyd earlier this month .

Floyd died after a Minneapolis police officer kneeled on his neck for more than eight minutes. In a video of the incident, Floyd could be heard saying, “I can’t breathe” — a phrase that became a protest chant after a bystander’s cell phone video captured the   2014 chokehold death   of a Staten Island, N.Y. man, Eric Garner, who also said, "I can't breathe."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    4 years ago

While I agree there are absolutely issues with racism and many POs across the US ; we certainly don't know that "... recent methamphetamine use, asthma, emphysema and heart disease," weren't the actual cause of Derrick Scott's death. And for the record... I believe that Floyd's death is abhorrent and unacceptable in the least, as was Ahmaud Arbery's death.

I can't imagine meth use is good for someone with asthma, emphysema, and heart disease. His arrest was warranted because you can't be brandishing a gun in public. And as far as Derrick's medicine request goes... if you have a collapsed lung, an inhaler isn't going to save you. See below.

" Snorting  meth can lead to  violent coughing and respiratory trauma, such as a  collapsed lung  ( pneumothorax ) and the release of air into the body outside of the  lungs  (pneumomediastinum) . When  meth  is inhaled, its impurities  can  be deposited in the  lungs , forming granulomas and leading to interstitial  lung  disease." Referenced material

" The clinical relationship between inhalation and lung injury is unclear and the pathogenesis of lung injury is unknown. Studies show that acute inhalation may be associated with increased free radical formation [ 2 ] . Reported cases of methamphetamine-induced lung injury include pulmonary oedema, eosinophilic pneumonia and pulmonary hypertension [ 3 ] . Pneumonia occurs as a result of contaminated drug use, changes in normal bacterial flora and aspiration. Typically, the chest x-ray shows bilateral increased opacities with or without pleural effusions and/or cardiomegaly, while CT of the thorax generally shows ground-glass changes. Symptoms clear rapidly with cessation of use and supportive therapy." Referenced material

Pedro
Professor Participates
3  seeder  Pedro    4 years ago

So you are trying to make the claim that police were not the cause of death here? There is zero disputing the fact that he would not have died otherwise.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Pedro @3    4 years ago

Yes she is making that claim, and it is a valid one. His actions, the meth, and his general bad health is what led to his demise.

He directly caused his being put on the ground by resisting detainment/arrest. Police hear these kind of and lies from criminals all the time.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    4 years ago
His actions, the meth, and his general bad health is what led to his demise.

Take Finger. Insert down throat. Vomit.

What a disgusting unfounded lie. The only reason I could imagine for anyone making up such a worthless disgusting lie is because they are desperate to defend and deflect attention from the very real problem of racial injustice we have in this country. [Deleted]

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
3.1.2  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    4 years ago

Thanks Greg. That was pretty much my point. 

I agreed with the statement that there's prejudices and racism with many police officers across the country; I was merely making a statement based on the reports of Derrick Scott's actions and history in regards to what led him to being detained. His actions were likely because he was on methamphetamine [aka meth], which compounded the issues in his respiratory system [asthma and emphysema], and thus increasing the likelihood of his demise when he was detained for doing illegal things including running and resisting. I also sited a medical journal showing how meth affects the lungs WITHOUT asthma and emphysema. I backed up my statements with medical facts. I never slandered the seeder nor anyone else. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    4 years ago

It's pretty scummy also all the votes up you got for that one!

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @3.1.2    4 years ago

I don't know - a knee across your neck/throat for over 8 minutes might kill you too, don't you think dear?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.4    4 years ago
I don't know - a throat across your neck for over 8 minutes might kill you too, don't you think dear?

No. I have had a throat across my neck my entire life.

Hasn't killed me in 61+ years!

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
3.1.6  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.4    4 years ago

Husband and I are into BDSM... so no; I'm sure it wouldn't. However, that's besides the point I was making. I am in AGREEMENT that GEORGE FLOYD DID NOT DESERVE his treatment. I merely stated that Mr. Derrick Scott had a whole lot of other things going on and there's plenty of REASONABLE DOUBT that the only reason Mr. Scott died is because of those POs.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2  It Is ME  replied to  Pedro @3    4 years ago
So you are trying to make the claim that police were not the cause of death here?

Arguing with "Other" people and Brandishing a Gun Did ! 

The "Majority" of ALL people in this country, just don't seem to have this kinda problem.

Why is that ?

Wierd !

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.3  Krishna  replied to  Pedro @3    4 years ago

Hi Pedro-- Cisco here! 

Nice to see you again, but I hardly recognized you.

What did you do-- did you cur your moustache?

(Or-- maybe its the glasses?)

Pedro
Professor Participates
3.3.1  seeder  Pedro  replied to  Krishna @3.3    4 years ago

Heyo. Probably the glasses. Dunno. I've been wearing contacts more these days. Good to see you also. Hope all is well.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.3.2  Krishna  replied to  Pedro @3.3.1    4 years ago
I've been wearing contacts more these days.

Well, I suppose you have no Choice...??? 

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    4 years ago

This case does not appear (for now if ever) to rise to the level of Minneapolis arrest of George Floyd and his subsequent death on a Minneapolis street.

Moreover, I often wonder why black men/citizens attempt running from police. They rarely get away; depending on their age, health, and stamina neither do any get very far. What they do accomplish is to have the 'full force' of capture procedures brought down upon them—literally.

What exactly does the general public think police are trained to do in cases of resisting arrest or subjects not following their commands?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  CB @4    4 years ago

Seems like a large segment of the population nowadays think all cops should mollycoddle and kid glove every perp they try to apprehend no matter what. Can't have any civil rights violated now...

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.1  CB  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2    4 years ago

Police can't be indulgent on the public after all they have power and great immunity for their actions in order to work. Black men need to stop running away from police as they will give chase. The black man who will not cuff-up, he will be restrained.  The black man who suggests violence will likely 'contort' his chances of getting shot higher. It is time for average citizens to understand and adjust to these matters.

That does not mean that police are always acting with proper motives or agendas, nevertheless. Very few people can know the mindset of any law enforcement official. Moreover, some officers are known for leaving 'choice,' significant, and discrete information out of their official incident reports.

Law enforcement are professionals with a set of laws to enforce and thus, they are not necessarily friends of any one individual or group of people in public.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.3  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  CB @4    4 years ago

Agreed.

CB
Professor Principal
4.3.1  CB  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @4.3    4 years ago

It simply does not make good sense. Black men barely running away from police (resisting) and on the other hand police "managing" to kill them in the process.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago
You "freedom loving" folks are right. Definitely no problem with the police at all

[ Deleted ]

everyone agrees bad cops are a problem.... regardless of what color we are.

but systemic racism is another problem altogether.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6    4 years ago

That cartoon is iil-informed and ill-advised. One has to wonder why you chose to like it.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @6.1    4 years ago

that meme is dead on the money.

[ Deleted ]

people are waking up to the lefts bs faster every day

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.2  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.1.1    4 years ago

Well, at the least, now I know why you think you can believe it. Let those 'points' lull you to sleep. Stench.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.1.1    4 years ago
only the right requested data on voting patterns by race and, with that data in hand, drafted a (voter ID) law that would "target African-Americans with almost surgical precision," according to the court.

only the right imagines there is no racial discrimination in college admissions

only the right thinks they can tell Jewish Americans they're not real Jews if they vote Democrat

only the right refuses to see or acknowledge the systemic racism that still exists in lending, hiring, education and the justice system.

the right are the real racists... period. They ignore the mountains of evidence of systemic racism because accepting it's real would undermine their white Christian patriarchy they have been trying to protect for so long. It would force them to change and address their prejudices and deep seated bigotry, not just of black Americans, but of all those they feel are inferior to both their race and religion which include liberals, progressives, "coastal elites", Hispanic Americans, Muslim Americans, atheists and lgtbq Americans.

"After several weeks of President  Donald Trump  making xenophobic and racist comments aimed at Democratic lawmakers and immigrants, 57% of Americans said in a new INSIDER poll that the president is a white supremacist or emboldens white supremacy."

Andrew Anglin again praised the President, writing on the Daily Stormer the day after the rally “Telling those women to go back to their countries is by far the most racist thing he’s ever said – especially since one of them was a black American, descended from slaves. And by refusing to apologize, he has effectively normalized the opinion among the masses of goyim that you can believe that America is a white country, for white people – and that brown people are our guests and if they don’t like being guests then they have to go home .”

"With a single tweet, Trump was able to win back the sizeable deluded portion of the Alt-Right, eager to take another trip on the merry-go-round," prominent white nationalist Richard Spencer wrote on Twitter.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.4  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.3    4 years ago

Wow. Endless hatred. Endless division.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.1.5  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @6.1.2    4 years ago
Well, at the least, now I know why you think you can believe it.

do you?  really?

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1.6  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  CB @6.1    4 years ago

I don't know about you CB, but I'm not left nor right. That goes for everything... I'm actually quite ambidextrous and centered. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  CB @6.1.4    4 years ago
Wow. Endless hatred. Endless division.

As anyone can see, we have video evidence, facts and reality proving the racism of the right while all they have are ignorant memes and a racist record from over 60 years ago from folk who have since abandoned the Democrat party after the Democrat party abandoned bigotry by passing the civil rights act and voting rights act.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.7    4 years ago

Why do "Democrats" running for office.....ALWAYS tell the "Black" community.....they're gonna help them …. EVERY ELECTION CYCLE...... this time ?

Why is it....the "Black Community"....still has the same beef.... even today ….. even when Democrats "Take things Over" ?

Remind me.....which "Party" was running the City/States all this "Protest Stuff" started from ?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.9  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.1.5    4 years ago

When she gets around to explaining why and how she can tell when President Trump is telling the truth and not lying reach out to me with the video, please. When she get around to explaining why President Johnson admonished the democrats that he has lost the south after signing the Civil Rights Act (1964) and the Voting Rights Act (1965) reach out to me. When she can explain why Lee Atwater's "southern strategy" -the Southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African American - wikipedia.  Do reach out to me!

Again, you can misinformation your way through life with a young black face in a red 'cape' all you want. It changes nothing.

This young woman appears to think a hole in the ground might be her butt! (Yeah, I went there.) 'Loud-talking and saying nothing.' - is what that is.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.10  CB  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @6.1.6    4 years ago

I would like life for us to be centered and regular too. Because I love people - all people. But, once a week the 'insane' clowns arrive and dump on my doormat!  jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif I refuse to allow them in the house, nevertheless!

Why does your handle, sound familiar?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.11  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.7    4 years ago
Endless hatred. Endless division.

As far as the eyes can see. . . .

Nearly everything republicans politically do reminds me of a cluster of busy-bodies out to get somebody and take away their unalienable rights. Just a meddlesome bunch of old 'cocks' and 'hens' who want us all to be well, 'them.'  I find Trump conservatives to be 'phony' and plastic.

I see you wrote about the civil rights act and voting rights act too! (Before me.)

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.12  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.8    4 years ago
Why is it....the "Black Community"....still has the same beef.... even today ….. even when Democrats "Take things Over" ?

Because 400 years of systemic racism is hard to overcome and doesn't just happen in one party's term in office. It's going to likely take decades more to truly address all the problems created by white supremacists and other bigots that have infected American politics since our founding.

Just because the Democrat party hasn't fixed all of black Americans lives and created equality in every corner of society is no reason to throw them out and try the blatantly racist policies of Republicans. In the Republican controlled corners life isn't any better for black Americans and most would say it's far worse as they don't even make an attempt at equality, they just tell black Americans to shut up and sit down and tell them they deserved to die if they ran from the police or even showed any resistance to the current injustice system. For many Republicans I've listened to even here, they seem to think  running from a cop should be a capital offense deserving the death penalty to be decided often by the white cop at the scene who is really just angry that his authority is being challenged, not that he felt in fear for his life. These racists often claim "Well they shouldn't have run! I wouldn't have run...". Well that's because you believe the police would treat you fairly and you'll have your day in court since you don't have centuries of history where young black men were not treated fairly in custody, either being killed while handcuffed or even slowly tortured to death as we watched with George Floyd.

So when some right wing dumb asses proclaim to the black community "What have you got to lose?" the vast majority no doubt know very well what they could lose and have that talk many times with their kids as they grow up in a society that is set up to not trust them, to fear them, to disrespect them and far too often, to kill them.

Also, I find it hard to believe many black Americans would gravitate towards or feel welcome by a party that has already welcomed white nationalists, white supremacists, the KKK and wannabe Nazi's into their base.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.13  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.12    4 years ago
Because 400 years of systemic racism is hard to overcome and doesn't just happen in one party's term in office.

How many "Terms" of any party will it take ?

I hear we've been around for 300 or so years. (1) one term is only (4) four years.

But there is the "Media" to contend with. They can make an instance in one little town/City, sound like a Pandemic !

300 million or so folks in this country, where police interact with those 300 million or so folks approx. 64 million times, and 1 thousand so-called Bad instances is now "Systemic" ?

Really ? jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Now mind you, "Justified" counts shouldn't come into the "Equation" the "Left" likes to Tout when yelling "Systemic" from the mountain tops. Wouldn't be "Prudent" at this time. jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.14  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.12    4 years ago

Even now Republican Mitch McConnell is doing his best to stage a complete takeover of the courts for conservatism. His clear intention is to leave liberals, progressives, and secularists on the outs of governance as  "permanent" political minorities. Resulting in conservatives 'running the table' on their long fought issues of abortion, welfare, and homosexuality (that last suffering a conservative "setback" in the courts by conservative justices and liberal justices supporting LGBTQ folks over bigotry).

Some republicans are monsters. Call them out!

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.15  CB  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.13    4 years ago

Give me a count, a number, of how many white people should have their unalienable rights and freedoms to life, liberty, and prosperity taken from them through public policy. Before it is a justified rationale for protest.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.16  It Is ME  replied to  CB @6.1.14    4 years ago
leave liberals, progressives, and secularists on the outs of governance as  "permanent" political minorities.

Which one of those is actually up for consideration to be judges ?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.17  CB  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.16    4 years ago

I don't understand your question? Please restate it clear.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.18  It Is ME  replied to  CB @6.1.15    4 years ago
Give me a count, a number, of how many white people should have their unalienable rights and freedoms to life, liberty, and prosperity taken from them through public policy.

More "White Folks" (Actual Number counts) are killed by Police.

But I'll bet you use that lame …. Population Percentage thingy..... the "Left" always like to use for their justification of "More Blacks" are.

Last time I was in school, 500  was more than 300 . I hope that hasn't changed because of this "New" education Big Gov. forced on us.

Has it ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.19  It Is ME  replied to  CB @6.1.17    4 years ago
I don't understand your question?

Use the sections of your own comment I highlighted, and then add those words into the question.

It's really not hard to see "Clearly" what was posted.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.20  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.13    4 years ago
and 1 thousand so-called Bad instances is now "Systemic" ?

Systemic: adjective - relating to a system, especially as opposed to a particular part.

The way police interact with black Americans is the "systemic" part, not just the thousands of dead young black men at their hands over the years. Every interaction for a black American is different than it is for virtually any white American in the same situation. That means it is part of the justice system. When black Americans get and serve 10% longer sentences for the exact same crimes as white Americans, that's systemic. It's 65% more likely that prosecutors bring mandatory minimum charges when the defendant is black, that's systemic.

Racial profiling is based on the premise that most drug offenses are committed by minorities. The premise is factually untrue, but it has nonetheless become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Because police look for drugs primarily among African Americans and Latinos, they find a disproportionate number of them with contraband. Therefore, more minorities are arrested, prosecuted, convicted, and jailed, thus reinforcing the perception that drug trafficking is primarily a minority activity. This perception creates the profile that results in more stops of minority drivers. At the same time, white drivers receive far less police attention, many of the drug dealers and possessors among them go unapprehend, and the perception that whites commit fewer drug offenses than minorities is perpetuated. And so the cycle continues. Black and white Americans sell and use drugs at similar rates, but black Americans are 2.7 times as likely to be arrested for drug-related offenses. That is systemic.

So people can ignore the facts all they want, but that just proves them ignorant. Bigots, white nationalists, white supremacists or just their friends and fellow conservative Republicans can scoff at the idea of systemic racism because acknowledging it would mean they would have to actually change which they're no doubt FAR too lazy to do.  That's why I don't hold my breath waiting for the right wing side show bigots to accept facts, they're just going to call black Americans who live with this systemic racism daily liars and criminals, it's what worthless white supremacist bigots do.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.21  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.20    4 years ago
The way police interact with black Americans is the "systemic" part

They don't interact with Whites well at times either.

Moral to the Story:

Don't give the Police a reason to "interact" negatively with you.

Fix that Tail light. Fix that muffler. Don't let your Tag or car insurance expire. Keep your lisc. up to date. Don't troll around town at 3am. Don't fight or run from the Police when your pulled over. Don't grab for their taser or gun. Don't shoot at Police. Don't throw buckets of water on them. For that matter, don't throw a water bucket at their head. Don't hose them down for fun. Don't act like some prissy Bitch in front of them...etc.

When simple stuff like that is fixed or stopped, ALL problems will be "Solved" then.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.22  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.21    4 years ago
Moral to the Story: Don't give the Police a reason to "interact" negatively with you. Fix that Tail light. Fix that muffler. Don't let your Tag or car insurance expire. Keep your lisc. up to date.

So from your perspective, not doing those things should result in capital punishment? A bunch of minor infractions and misdemeanors should result in death penalties for black Americans who don't obey the smallest of civil laws? The officers should just shoot someone if they don't obey the officers and if they die, it's the suspect who ran who is at fault in your opinion because running gives the police the right to shoot you in the back? What a sick deflection of obvious systemic racism in the justice system. You don't bother to address any of the actual facts I present, obviously because you can't, you just drone on about your own blind opinions and finish with a disgusting disingenuous "Solved" as if anything you mentioned would actually fix or address the real problems black Americans face every day. Also, calling the fix to 400 years of systemic racism "simple" is also what get's many black Americans upset with the right wings pointless drivel and brainless opinions.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.22    4 years ago

I didn't know the death penalty was the punishment for past crimes or getting pulled over.  

Whenever certain folks open their mouths, they promptly insert their foot, EVERY FUCKING TIME . 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.22    4 years ago
So from your perspective, not doing those things should result in capital punishment?

That's not what he said nor implied and you know it. Those minor infractions will result in the police pulling you over. And depending on ones condition, it could escalate from there. And the defense for driving drunk and the officer asks "Do I smell alcohol in your vehicle?" is not "only because you aren't practicing proper social distancing."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.24    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.22    4 years ago
'You don't bother to address any of the actual facts I present, obviously because you can't, you just drone on about your own blind opinions and finish with a disgusting disingenuous "Solved" as if anything you mentioned would actually fix or address the real problems black Americans face every day.'

P.S. That's his MO.  Same as most tRump supporters.

Typical and tiresome and deplorable.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.27  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.25    4 years ago

Where did he mention that it deserves capital punishment? All he said was don't draw attention to yourself. Not that "the cop will likely kill you" 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.23    4 years ago
I didn't know the death penalty was the punishment for past crimes or getting pulled over.

Wow. Where did you read that at?

Care to share a link--which I will happily read if you provide one?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.24    4 years ago

The usual gambit--put words in your mouth, then debate what you put there!

So much for debating with intellectual honesty!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.30  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.29    4 years ago

Bingo...................

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.25    4 years ago
It is exactly what It Is Me implied/said.

No.

Not at all.

Ridiculous!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.32  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.29    4 years ago

'So much for debating with intellectual honesty!'

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.33  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.32    4 years ago

Yeah, I didn't think you would be familiar with it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.34  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.33    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.35  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.27    4 years ago

I wasn't talking to you.

[Deleted]

[Now I'm bored.]

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.36  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.34    4 years ago

What things "seem" to you appear to have no basis in reality.

Keep the dream alive!

Hillary 2020!!!!!

Hillary 2024!!!!

Yes We Can!

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.1.37  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.32    4 years ago
So much for debating with intellectual honesty!'

Says the person who has never debated with intellectual honesty.

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.38  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.1.5    4 years ago

jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.39  Tessylo  replied to  CB @6.1.2    4 years ago

[Deleted]

[It's deplorable.]

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.40  Tessylo  replied to  CB @6.1.17    4 years ago

Don't waste your time.  

[Deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.41  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.27    4 years ago
Where did he mention that it deserves capital punishment? All he said was don't draw attention to yourself. Not that "the cop will likely kill you"

"Don't give the Police a reason to "interact" negatively with you."

Considering we're discussing unarmed black Americans being killed by police how else would you interpret "negatively" in that sentence?

Regardless of whether he spells it out, the inference is obvious. Some, most likely open racists or closeted bigots, often push the bullshit narrative that it's all the black citizens fault if they are disproportionally targeted by law enforcement. The facts show black and white Americans sell and use drugs at similar rates, but black Americans are nearly 3 times as likely to be arrested for drug-related offenses. Why is that? How does that fact exist if there is no systemic racism in the justice system? Why are blacks 60% more likely to be pulled over than whites? Why do they serve significantly longer sentences for the exact same crimes? Why are black Americans more likely to be sentenced to prison and less likely to be sentenced to probation than white Americans?

None of those facts were addressed by stating what It's Me said which was essentially what I said earlier, that blacks are told to sit down and shut up, to "Fix that Tail light. Fix that muffler. Don't let your Tag or car insurance expire. Keep your lisc. up to date. Don't troll around town at 3am.". I've come home many times from long 8 hr drives from San Diego and pulled into my home town at 3 am, should I be worried about being pulled over, interrogated, have my car searched and sit there on the side of the road in hand cuffs because the drug dog sniffed out the 8th of marijuana I legally carry in my suitcase all because I was driving at 3 am? Many black Americans have to plan to make sure they aren't out at those hours because they expect the police to treat them like that even when they are just minding their own business obeying the law. The fact that they have to live that way out of necessity proves systemic racism is very real. Denying these obvious truths or making excuses for these disparities just exposes a persons inner bigot since there is simply no other reason to reject these facts than that person having an ulterior, or perhaps interior going all the way to their heart, motive.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.43  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    4 years ago
You post something as a fact that isn’t many blacks make plans not to be out at certain hours that is a opinion not a fact

I admit that was an anecdotal observation that I have heard expressed by many black parents, I happen to insure quite a few, and have known and been friends with many through the years as the elementary school I attended whites were the minority. As far as I know, saying "many" isn't saying "most" which would have required a link to some factual data to prove such a claim which I do link in the prior post for all the factual statistics I list. I do find it interesting that this one the one and only bone you had to pick with my comment as it was certainly the least shocking and was clearly anecdotal. Can you say you've never heard other black Americans contemplating the risks of intentionally being out on the road in the early morning hours?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.44  CB  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.18    4 years ago

Ignoring lame statements and dealing with the reply: 500.  I want to understand you 500 white people should have their unalienable rights and freedoms to life, liberty, and prosperity taken from them through public policy. Is that your proper meaning?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.45  CB  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.19    4 years ago

That part I understood, I do not understand why you asked me about it. Or, why you think Mitch McConnell has any interest, slight or whole, in putting a liberal on a federal bench-when staunch conservatives are his forte and 'delight.'

If Mitch wants liberal judges and justices well good heavens—there are a bevy of people to select from. He could start with Judge Merrick Garland for promotion!

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.46  CB  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.21    4 years ago

That is damn untrue. Yes it would be nice if we all could be relatively good citizens who toe the line line our ma's/pa's/grands. However, freedom affords some citizens white privilege- a recognized activity- while denying some (not all) other citizens their unalienable rights to stand upright:

Watch this video (more to come):

White Vs. Black Open Carry Social Experiment Expose Racism With Police

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.47  CB  replied to  CB @6.1.46    4 years ago
Man openly carries a rifle on Cork Street in Kalamazoo

Cops kill man at Walmart carrying a BB gun

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1.48  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.41    4 years ago

I'm a white woman and have been pulled over by a white cop and asked to get out of the car at 2 am on my way home from a distant place [not drinking, no drugs, wearing a seat belt, not breaking the law in any way]. I was asked to breathe in the officer's face. This isn't only something that SOME officers do to black people.

Again... I'm in agreement that there is a problem with racism in many officers / precincts across the US. I've witnessed it first hand; however, I'm also stating that it's NOT ALWAYS about color. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1.49  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  CB @6.1.46    4 years ago

It's absolutely deplorable and sad that it's this way.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1.50  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  CB @6.1.10    4 years ago

Not sure why my handle sound's familiar. You know anyone in southeast MI? :) 

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.51  CB  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @6.1.48    4 years ago

I am reminded of several times in my younger years, that I, a young black man, was stopped by California police in the "wee hours" of night and was allowed to go home after presenting my "defense." What is of note here is I was "drunk" even by my standards several times, but obviously functional. I just knew the officer would/could smell the alcohol and I was busted. I was never arrested during those incidents. Never asked about alcohol. To my credit though. I did have remorse about my conduct and decided it was one to many encounters with police and gave up the alcohol whether than the driving.

However, to be clear, I was spared on several other 'policing' occasions in my life (outside and inside of California) that I won't go into here. I don't fully understand how these kinds of run-ins occur (and I don't want to jinx myself either to find out):

That young black man is alive to tell the story of his "seat-belt violation" to his children only, because of a 'poor shooter'!

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.52  CB  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @6.1.50    4 years ago

I think I am confusing you with a black social media personality who is British. (Smile.) I see in one of your comments you mention you are a White woman. (Smile.) Maybe not British?

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1.53  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  CB @6.1.51    4 years ago

I heard the officer ask for his license. I assumed he was going for his license when he leaned back in his vehicle. Not sure why the officer thought otherwise. He was responding to the officer's request for a license. jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg This world is NUTS!!!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.1.54  FLYNAVY1  replied to  CB @6.1.46    4 years ago

Yep..... perfect example of the different responses based upon the main difference being the color of the person carrying the AR15... The video speaks volumes loud and clear.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1.55  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  CB @6.1.52    4 years ago

No. Not British. Just a white lady from just south of Detroit. I find it interesting that in two of the most violent cities in the US (Detroit and Flint) people are actually having peaceful protests. 

I'm struggling with everything going on in the world today. No one in my family has ever had a problem with anyone... unless they were outright assholes anyways. My family [both sides] came to what's now Canada in the late 1500's and my mom's family migrated down to what's now Detroit [with Antoine Cadillac in 1701] and stayed here. The moment those Frenchmen landed in Canada, they got really friendly with the Natives. Then on my dad's side, there were a few that met some Haitian women at the Port of New Orleans in the late 1800's and wed and had children with them and lived in the Upper Peninsula. Granted... there's documented evidence to suggest those that married those Haitian women were put into "institutions for the insane" and despite being committed, they remained married and did not show widowed on the documentation. Then the wife and children disappeared from the US and Canadian censuses... I'm pretty sure that they were helped by the local Chippewa Nation and hid them on their reservation for safety, because there's offspring that proved that the children at least were alive and well somewhere.

My family has always bucked the system. We don't like conformity. :D I guess my point is, I've never seen a reason for such hate... and for such stupid reasons [from a white's perspective that is]. Why do so many white people feel superior? It doesn't make any damn sense! Then again, it doesn't make any sense to me that people would run or fight with an officer for any reason either.

I've worked in "man land" since I was 16. While I haven't experienced hate because of the color of my skin, I have experienced hate because I'm a woman. Abuses in the form of physical, mental, emotional, and sexual assault / harassment; and then, people that should be defending me as the victim, excusing those that performed the abuses instead.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.56  CB  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @6.1.53    4 years ago

That officer's gun was instantly in his hand and he was hysterically yelling and firing. This world is NUTS!!! That hard-working American is somewhere today with a 'reduced' hip movement because of a young white officer who evidently did not deserve the job of being a patrolman with the power to carry (and fire) a gun. If a person is that scared or prejudging of black males leave public service. . . .

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.57  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @6.1.48    4 years ago
I'm also stating that it's NOT ALWAYS about color.

No one is saying that it's "always" about skin color, it's just the statistics prove that there is a racial disparity. As I stated, there is a 60% increased chance of being pulled over if you're black, that still means white people do get pulled over. That's my whole point, that there is evidence of systemic racism that needs to be addressed, not that there aren't good cops doing their jobs appropriately every day.

Personally I believe, after growing up with a cousin who became a cop but was the biggest power hungry bully I'd ever known, that power hungry bullies tend to gravitate towards jobs where they have power or authority over others. And people who deeply desire authority tend to abuse that authority, so police departments need to improve their screening process for new cops and weed out the ones who show signs of being bullies in general. I believe that will go along way to reduce the racism within the police force because bullies tend to bully those they feel are inferior, so if there are any indoctrinated prejudices in a power hungry cop they will eventually lash out or abuse their authority on those they deem inferior especially when their authority is challenged by such a person. Instead of deescalating, bullies escalate the situation refusing to be disrespected by a suspect resisting or running from them. Just like we saw with that off duty cop chasing down Ahmaud Arbery, he wasn't about to let someone he felt was inferior push back at his son and refuse to listen to his commands even though he wasn't even in uniform.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.58  CB  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.1.54    4 years ago

Total demeanor change. The first questioning (if annoyed); the second authoritative and issuing directives. Granted the first portion of the video is not complete on the opening 'side,' but the message is clear:

• First side: No gun/s drawn. Approachable. Questioning. 
  • Second side: Gun/s drawn. 'Eat' the grinder; No approach. No questioning. Officer backup x multiple.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.59  CB  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @6.1.55    4 years ago
Then again, it doesn't make any sense to me that people would run or fight with an officer for any reason either.

It does not make sense. Police are trained in take down methods, and the gun is its own back up! Once a policeperson places a civilian under arrest, he or she is technically under that officer's custody (protective control) until released to his or her own control again). That means, if you run, fight, or 'buck,' you will not be let go, but further restrained. Young black men can save themselves alot of ambiguities (in the aftermath of explaining or viewing of their injury/death footages) if they simply go to the 'station' and follow directives until they can possibly resolve the situation.

In other words, both 'sides' have an obligation to deescalate! The side suspending freedoms and the side temporarily losing freedoms.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1.60  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.57    4 years ago

Now... I can completely agree with that. I find most officers to be arrogant, self-loving bullies.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1.61  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  CB @6.1.56    4 years ago

Agreed. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.62  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @6.1.60    4 years ago
I find most officers to be arrogant, self-loving bullies.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "most", though I think there are "many". I think most cops are hard working Americans who care about their communities but have high stress jobs that can make a person jaded or think they have to stick up for the bad apples because picking them out reflects on the whole of the department. This allows the many bullies and bigots to continue to be abusive to citizens with impunity which further emboldens them until, sadly, some escalate a situation to the point where a suspect dies. I honestly don't think these cops are eager to kill a suspect, they're just eager to demonstrate their authority and when they feel as if a suspect is about to "get away" or struggled while being detained, that's when they pull the trigger, or choke the suspect out, or kneel on his neck, all to assert dominance and to punish the suspect for not submitting. And when the suspect is of a race or ethnicity that the officer harbors prejudices about, they can callously not care as the suspect begs for their life, because they have already dehumanized the suspects in their minds and hearts.

If police departments and police unions cracked down on abuses, threw out the officers who are getting multiple complaints instead of circling their wagons, to change their perspective as to who they are supposed to be protecting which are the people of their community not just their officers, then the communities perception of them will change.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.63  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.62    4 years ago

Some of the places have "boss hogs" mentalities. It's the hodge-podge policing from the 60's all over again. Liberals are trying to tell these foolish republicans you don't need "toughs" or "old timey 'pigs'" to police in the 21st century. Let those creeps go work in another profession like mixed martial arts - for gore and fame!  Or, gladiator sports for blood and guts!

We need thinking men and women as cops!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6    4 years ago

Because the 1960s never happened. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6    4 years ago

I'M SICK OF THIS SHIT.

[Deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.3.1  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @6.3    4 years ago

The meme is right on the money...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @6.3.1    4 years ago

No, it's not.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.3.3  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @6.3.2    4 years ago

Yes...it is.

Democrats have been holding down blacks for decades.

White democrats don't give a crap about minorities. Only for the votes, then wash...rinse...repeat every four years.

Black democrats are similar but use their offices to keep up the rhetoric that someone is trying to keep them down, so they have to vote them back into office every 2/4 years so they can make "changes".

Maxine Waters is a prime example.

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.4  CB  replied to  bugsy @6.3.3    4 years ago

There you go again!  Black people and democrats of all stripes don't need you to tell us how we are to feel, think, or develop. If you wish to be a 'mouthpiece' for the republican party start by explaining why Donald Trump can't stop lying and "Bugsy" and company are too ashamed to explain them!

The Republican Party has a compulsive liar as its leader!  Black democrats don't want Trump or his 'enablers' in the telling of lies either! We don't want to be like you!

Get it now?

Laughable in your lying delusions. Hell, you won't even wear mask and your own CDC hails masks! Trump is a chump. Don't be a chump.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.3.5  bugsy  replied to  CB @6.3.4    4 years ago
There you go again!  Black people and democrats of all stripes don't need you to tell us how we are to feel, think, or develop

There you go again. Putting words in my mouth I never said.

I said white liberals are the ones using blacks for votes, and nothing else. It is repeated every 2/4 years. There is no denying this.

"If you wish to be a 'mouthpiece' for the republican party start by explaining why Donald Trump can't stop lying and "Bugsy" and company are too ashamed to explain them!"

Because Trump is not the topic, but if you insist....Again, words put in my mouth I never said. You libs really need to stop ding that. As far as Trump "lies", you are basing your narrative on biased "fact checkers", who know nothing more in life than to hate Trump. Their idea of "lies" is nothing more than their opinion on a subject being different than Trump, and because of that, they list what he said as a lie. I have read many "fact check" articles on WAPo and Politico, and they are all nothing more than opinion based.

"We don't want to be like you!"

Article not about me, and nice personal attack, but again, if you insist...Are you saying you do not want to be like me because I am a hard working, God fearing, law abiding citizen that does not kill members of my own race as if they are nothing more than throwaways? That's your problem, not mine.

"Hell, you won't even wear mask and your own CDC hails masks"

How the fuck do you know what I do and what I don't?

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.6  CB  replied to  bugsy @6.3.5    4 years ago
I said white liberals are the ones using blacks for votes, and nothing else. It is repeated every 2/4 years. There is no denying this.

And, I am saying clearly: You're full of it. White liberals are in the trenches, marching, legislating, and making public policies that aid black people in their struggles with white conservatives.

This patronizing statement from you implies that black people don't know what white liberals are about; that when white liberals are marching for black political causes, that when white liberals are in the 'vice' of persecutions and arrests alongside their black comrades and partners, that it is because they are not against what white conservatives are doing.

BTW, that goes double for white heterosexual liberals who stand and march and legislate and lend support to LGBTQ Americans, who are casted down by white conservatives at ever opportunity to legislate and bring repeat court cases.

So I don't know who the. . . heaven. . . you think you are to write about white liberals who are the 'mainstay' of black people in this country politically and socially, but you need to take time and ask somebody!

Even when you 'intermingle' your view through the ranks of the protest marchers across the country, you can see more white liberals serving and putting in the time than their fellow blacks for which action is being considered. Indeed, white liberals bring their power, influence, and resources to the marches.

I will not let you get away with smearing white liberals.  Go question your own conservative leadership for the lies they tell and the meddling they do in robbing blacks and others of their unalienable rights to life, liberty, and prosperity.

Perhaps it pisses you off that white liberals won't and don't want to be become white conservatives.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.3.7  bugsy  replied to  CB @6.3.6    4 years ago
And, I am saying clearly:

Don't care what you are saying.

White liberals have been the backbone of the Democrat party for 40 years. They have done nothing for the black community, except promise the the moon every 2/4 years.

“The white liberal is the worst enemy to America, and the worst enemy to the black man".

Do you know who said this in the 60s? That quote is as true today as it was back then.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.8  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @6.3.5    4 years ago
How the fuck do you know what I do and what I don't?

Well, he is a liberal.

Always remember what Reagan had to say about our liberal friends!

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.3.9  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.8    4 years ago

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.10  CB  replied to  bugsy @6.3.7    4 years ago
“The white liberal is the worst enemy to America, and the worst enemy to the black man".— Malcolm X .

“The white liberal is the worst enemy to America, and the worst enemy to the black man. Let me explain what I mean by the white liberal. In America there is no such thing as Democrat or Republican anymore. In America you have liberals and conservatives. The only people living in the past who think in terms of I’m a Democrat or Republican, is the American Negro. He’s the one that runs around bragging about party affiliation. He’s the one that sticks to the Democrat or sticks to the Republican. But white people are divided into two groups, liberals and conservative. The Democrats who are conservative, vote with the Republicans who are conservative. The Democrats who are liberal vote with the Republicans that are liberal. The white liberal aren’t white people who are for independence, who are moral and ethical in their thinking. They are just a faction of white people that are jockeying for power. The same as the white conservative is a faction of white people that are jockeying for power.

They are fighting each other for power and prestige, and the one that is the football in the game is the Negro, 20 million black people. A political football, a political pawn, an economic football, and economic pawn. A social football, a social pawn. The liberal elements of whites are those who have perfected the art of selling themselves to the Negro as a friend of the Negro. Getting sympathy of the Negro, getting the allegiance of the Negro, and getting the mind of the Negro. Then the Negro sides with the white liberal, and the white liberal use the Negro against the white conservative. So that anything that the Negro does is never for his own good, never for his own advancement, never for his own progress, he’s only a pawn in the hands of the white liberal. The worst enemy that the Negro have is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros, and calling himself a liberal, and it is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have. If the Negro wasn’t taken, tricked, or deceived by the white liberal then Negros would get together and solve our own problems. I only cite these things to show you that in America the history of the white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make Negros think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems.

Our problems will never be solved by the white man. The only way that our problem will be solved is when the black man wakes up, clean himself up, stand on his own feet and stop begging the white man, and take immediate steps to do for ourselves the things that we have been waiting on the white man to do for us. Once we do for self then we will be able to solve our own problems’

"The white conservatives aren't friends of the Negro either, but they at least don't try to hide it. They are like wolves; they show their teeth in a snarl that keeps the Negro always aware of where he stands with them. But the white liberals are foxes, who also show their teeth to the Negro but pretend that they are smiling. The white liberals are more dangerous than the conservatives; they lure the Negro, and as the Negro runs from the growling wolf, he flees into the open jaws of the "smiling" fox. One is the wolf, the other is a fox. No matter what, they’ll both eat you.”
― Malcom X

Malcolm said a great many profound things which helped to build up and change his 'day.' I'd thank you not to try to exploit his words. Lots has come about since Malcolm's death for the good in the Democratic Party.
The self-righteous Trump republicans are running a 2020 liar whom they have deluded themselves into thinking is "Honest" Abe.
Speaking of border walls within the first hundred days of the Trump Administration. . . how about that Mexican border wall (with a beautiful door in it)?  Promises kept?

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.11  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.8    4 years ago

Well, Trump conservatives wanted a thing less compassionate than Reagan, do you agree? You, Trump supporters, wanted this "acid-bath" monster president have now, and y'all ordered him up to suit you. Trump disappoints (see border wall - no privatizing of Social Security - Affordable Care Act still alive).

Reagan was okay conservatism, but I am sure you will agree he was no President Trump!

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.12  CB  replied to  bugsy @6.3.9    4 years ago

Trump supporter, you're one to 'talk.' You can't tell when your republican leaders are telling the truth! And the reason you can't tell when they are telling the truth is because Trump lies daily and you don't know when he is telling the truth either! So every day, everything, a republican says is subject to validation, because Trump conservatives have a reputation for being "super-spreaders" of nonfactual statements.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.13  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @6.3.9    4 years ago

Exactly right!!!

Some just seem a little more hell-bent on proving it.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.3.14  bugsy  replied to  CB @6.3.10    4 years ago

What you don't seem to understand is Republicans never promised the moon and stars to blacks for the past 50 years.

Republicans will accept anyone into the fold, but you have to have a sense of self respect and self responsibility. Liberals do not exhibit that.

White liberals have promised blacks EVERYTHING for the past 50 years and have delivered zero, except a crime bill that put many blacks in prison. You can thank Joe Biden for that.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.3.15  bugsy  replied to  CB @6.3.12    4 years ago

OK, what has a white liberal politician said to you that he/she would deliver and actually did that benefited you personally?

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.16  CB  replied to  bugsy @6.3.14    4 years ago
Republicans will accept anyone into the fold, but you have to have a sense of self respect and self responsibility. Liberals do not exhibit that.

Republicans will accept anyone into the fold, that wants to be a (Trump) conservative. There are stirrings now about just how much it is costing republicans to hold their presidential 'viper' close to their chests.

As to the rest of your comment, what Trump conservatives -who have a set of liar's-liar in President Donald Trump and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell as head two branches/offices of the federal government - determine to be proper self-respect and self-responsibility I wouldn't give two-cents in a cup to get.

What you apparently know about white liberals and black liberals ain't worth the time to have this exchange.

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.17  CB  replied to  bugsy @6.3.15    4 years ago

I am not going to take the time to respond to that question. In part, because I strongly feel it is none of your business and is not the point we're going over. Also, it is steering the topic farther off-topic.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.18  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.3.17    4 years ago

And, you couldn't think of any, right?

Not a thing to do with "none of your business" or "off topic".

A legitimate question was posed and you dodged it.

because what was asked is so foreign to you that you couldn't come up with anything at all?

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.19  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.18    4 years ago

Actually I can.  I am a Christian-homosexual-man and now I can marry another man if I wish to do it; a diverse group of mixed liberal democrats did that for me. And no, you did not persuade me to indulge in a response: this long day is ending and I wanted to do it.

A legitimate question was posed and you dodged it.

You've some nerve to "demand" I answer any "legitimate" question that is personal in nature, when you won't answer any question and certainly dodge any number of questions about President Donald Trump.

Go figure.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.20  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.3.19    4 years ago
Actually I can.  I am a Christian-homosexual-man and now I can marry another man if I wish to do it;a diverse group of mixed liberal democrats did that for me.And no, you did notpersuademe to indulge in a response: this long day is ending andI wanted to do it.

Funny view (or should I just call it a rewrite of history?) of history. I learned that SCOTUS made the decision to allow gay marriages. Can you quote your history book for me on that?

I never claimed to persuade anyone to do anything, nor will I. What you choose to answer is up to you.

You've some nerve to "demand" I answer any "legitimate" question that is personal in nature, when you won't answeranyquestion and certainly dodge any number of questions about President Donald Trump.

You really need to reread my post, as I demanded NOTHING from you. Is this about Trump now, or is that just the latest deflection and dodge?

Carry on.

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.21  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.20    4 years ago
Funny view (or should I just call it a rewrite of history?) of history. I learned that SCOTUS made the decision to allow gay marriages. Can you quote your history book for me on that?

You seem to 'adore' learning that suits you. The liberals in the Obama Administration and the Justice Department did not defend the Defense of Marriage Act. Which assented and signaled a constitutional branch of governance not opposing same sex marriage. thus opening the 'pipeline' for the Supreme Court to flow out with a major court opinion ending DOMA and establishing homosexual marriage in the United States!

Guess which party defended the Defense of Marriage Act in court against the "mixed liberals"—republicans are not well, "mixed anything" 

Guess already.

Texas, you can go on 'splitting the baby,' but oh wow! Look! I have plenty more 'thread'!

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.22  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.20    4 years ago
Is this about Trump now, or is that just the latest deflection and dodge?

And there it is the mere mention of the word: Trump. And, one and you're done! (Oh boy.) I won't twist the name Trump into a pretzel for you any longer tonight.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.23  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.3.21    4 years ago

You have done a marvelous spinning job.

Good show!

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.3.24  bugsy  replied to  CB @6.3.19    4 years ago

So Texan was right. You simply dodged a legitimate question, then after getting called on it, came back with something that the Supreme Court did, basically doing the heavy lifting that white liberals have been saying they backed, but refused to make it to law, even when they had the majority for a period of time during the Obama regime.

You know why they didn't? Because Obama himself said either during the 2008 campaign or very early into his first term that marriage is between a man and a woman.

Don't want to upset the messiah, huh?

Remember...the white liberal is the biggest threat to America.

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.25  CB  replied to  bugsy @6.3.24    4 years ago

Pathetic. Quite Trumpianly petty so he will be pleased.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.3.26  bugsy  replied to  CB @6.3.25    4 years ago

Thank you for admitting I'm right.....again.

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.27  CB  replied to  bugsy @6.3.26    4 years ago

If you say so: You're welcome! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Hencs why I just shrug my shoulders when I hear that a cop is killed. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1  bugsy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7    4 years ago
Hencs why I just shrug my shoulders when I hear that a cop is killed. 

Meh....I do the same when I hear a black kills another black.

I shrug my shoulders often.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7    4 years ago

My Father was a Ft Worth Police Officer for 15 years, and a Texas Ranger for 3 as secret agent members under then Governor Lyndon B. Johnson. He worked on both state and Federal cases involving the Mafia in wide spread cattle rustling. And was honored for his work as a Texas Ranger. 

I can assure you that he is frothing at the mouth from extreme anger and disappointment from the other side at how the police and Texas Rangers have become more of a LE mafia and paramilitary force, thinking that human lives, no matter what the skin color, are and expendable commodity now, and has been heading in that direction for many years. 

As a former police officer, he would be so ashamed by what the police have become throughout the country. In his day the police officers took their own who misbehaved to task, as those who brought shame to themselves brought shame to the force and every other officer, and they would not bear the shame they did not deserve.

Today, everyone on the force and the upper officials do all they can to hide it and try to refuse to make the guilty pay for their crimes. 

So.....why should the police and other LEO's expect the public trust and support them. And we have seen the very heartbreaking and disgusting evidence during this time, which is nothing new to America.

Just my opinion.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
7.2.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Raven Wing @7.2    4 years ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg Raven Wing... you're my hero. jrSmiley_20_smiley_image.gif

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @7.2.1    4 years ago

Thank you! jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg It is so good to see you here with us again. You have been very much missed. jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
7.2.3  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Raven Wing @7.2.2    4 years ago

I've been popping in and out for about 3 months. Sometimes I just read, laugh, and close. Then like the past few days, where I post well, thought-out responses [with references from medical journals and facts] and then laugh at the silly replies I receive. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.2.4  Raven Wing  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @7.2.3    4 years ago
and then laugh at the silly replies I receive.

Ain't that the truth! Those type of responses tells you that they don't give a ratz behind about the truth, they just want to stir the pot and think they look very erudite and scholarly. When in fact, they make a total elephants behind out of themselves, while smugly thinking they are making a fool out of you. Ya gotta love it. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

I am glad you are back again, I love reading your comments, and you always tell it like it is. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
7.2.5  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Raven Wing @7.2.4    4 years ago

I was a quality person for the company I work for, for 4 years and now I'm in the IT dept. I always come "armed" with data, because without data, it means nothing to me... to me, it's just "hot air" and opinions. I also make it a habit not to slander or insult. It doesn't get anyone anywhere by doing so; it negates any possible credibility that one may have had in the first place.

I like a HEALTHY debate. I suppose that's why I despise politics as a whole. In politics, there's never a healthy debate; it's manipulative, dishonest, disingenuous, slanderous, and really isn't what it should be about... doesn't matter which "party" it is; they're all like that from what I've seen. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8  Tessylo    4 years ago

100100572_23844805430800275_1505143852632113152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=67cdda&_nc_ohc=bKQd7Uf4oZUAX88JHDU&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=63205addd15f05d8c01873bc1537b268&oe=5F0EECE7

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @8    4 years ago

After all the porn stars he's slept with, the two dozen women he most likely sexually assaulted and all the other unprotected pussy's he has claimed to have grabbed, the odds of dirty Donald NOT having an STD is likely smaller than, as Stormy Daniels said, his "smaller than average" penis.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1    4 years ago

Is there any particular reason ya'll seem so interested in Trump's dick? Is it a size-queen thingy? Crushing on him, perhaps?

What IS the fascination with his dick?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.1    4 years ago
Is there any particular reason ya'll seem so interested in Trump's dick?

Other than wanting to see this accused sexual predator behind bars? Not really. I have no doubt Trump raped that 13 year old along with Jeffrey Epstein that he was accused of even before running for President, so I think at a minimum dirty Donald should be castrated so no one has to worry about his molesting mini minion ever again.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.2    4 years ago
Other than wanting to see this accused sexual predator behind bars? Not really.

So you just threw size in there for the hell of it, got it now.

I have no doubt Trump raped that 13 year old along with Jeffrey Epstein that he was accused of even before running for President, so I think at a minimum dirty Donald should be castrated so no one has to worry about his molesting mini minion ever again.

I'm sure you have absolutely no problem at all believing anything salacious about your President sans evidence.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.2    4 years ago
so I think at a minimum dirty Donald should be castrated so no one has to worry about his molesting mini minion ever again.

I don't think Melania would mind in the least. He can always lay a few of the man whores and have better sex than with Trump. At least she would not have to watch his tweeting two dozen rants while she is making out with him.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing @8.1.4    4 years ago
He can always lay a few of the man whores

Sorry...it should read SHE can............

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    4 years ago

No, it's not bugs

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  Tessylo    4 years ago

I don't think he can get it up anymore except for Ivanka.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Tessylo @10    4 years ago

Seems like the only ones he can get it up for anymore are the hookers and Porn Stars. But, I guess Melania fits in there OK, as she started out her arrival here as an illegal immigrant in the US making out with other women while fully naked. Nothing left to the imagination. But, that obviously is Trumps type.  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
10.1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Raven Wing @10.1    4 years ago

Real men don't need porn, and are grateful to have the companionship of real woman inside and out as their partner in life.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @10.1.1    4 years ago
Real men don't need porn,

That says it all right there. And explains Trump to a tee. Seems like he can only attract, or only wants, very wanton women in his bed. They don't have a problem with him grabbing their privates.

Eewwwww.........