╌>

The Excuse - "In This Country We Are Not Used To Wearing Masks"

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  119 comments

The Excuse - "In This Country We Are Not Used To Wearing Masks"

Those were the words of "wisdom" from Ohio Governor Mike DeWine today when he was asked in a television interview to explain why it is so difficult to get Americans to wear a mask to help limit the spread of coronavirus. DeWine was also trying to excuse Trump's disinterest in getting people to wear masks. DeWine is not a full blown Trump die hard, but he's not exactly part of the Resistance either. He tries to walk with one foot on either side of the line. 

"In This Country We Are Not Used To Wearing Masks"  sounds like he's saying Americans won't make a simple adaption so as to save tens of thousands of lives. Talk about a "me generation" !

I wear a mask when I go into any building that is not my house or a relative's house,  and I have yet to feel even the slightest bit of discomfort. It's easy to do. 

So why is our "culture" such a failure?  De Wine said that it is a cultural thing -- evidently in America wearing a mask means you have submitted to the New World Order or some such thing.  This is what happens when the crazies are allowed, for too long, to think they make any god damn sense. 

108210711_3135813849828534_2656669202625006376_n.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

It might have been a good idea to tell the folks what show the governor was on yesterday. That very show was notable for another reason.

You seem to be characterizing those who don't wear masks. I noticed in all those "peaceful' protests in all those "peaceful" places that many were not wearing masks.

From "peaceful" Portland:

6a00d8341c630a53ef0162fc86aa40970d-600wi

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 years ago

Seattle was no better last night.  But they are progressives and their cause is more important than the disease.  But you should have seen the bigoted virtue signalers on Facebook complaining about lack of masks at some back the blue rallies.  That cause to them is not....

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 years ago
From "peaceful" Portland:

You mean from the "Occupy" movement in 2011.

Your attempts to dishonestly smear those you hate once again ends in failure.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.2    4 years ago

It took a long time for someone to notice the coats worn by that mob. They are no different - still scum.

Your attempts to dishonestly smear those you hate once again ends in failure.

I do hate them. They earned my hate. I only hope they get what they dished out to others.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    4 years ago

At least you admit you were dishonest in posting that photo.

There may be some for you at last!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.4    4 years ago
At least you admit you were dishonest in posting that photo.

Dishonesty?  In posting a photo of lefties?   No, try again.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    4 years ago
It might have been a good idea to tell the folks what show the governor was on yesterday. That very show was notable for another reason. You seem to be characterizing those who don't wear masks. I noticed in all those "peaceful' protests in all those "peaceful" places that many were not wearing masks. From "peaceful" Portland:

Did you not post that comment above your photo? Weren't you implying that these protesters from the 2011 Occupy Movement were the protestors in Seattle and Portland today?

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.6    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Let's see what happens now. The way I see it your buddies can't delete my comment without deleting your's.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

This thread has become nothing but a personal slap fight. I have removed the personal comments and saved you all from getting tickets. Next time I will not be so nice. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    4 years ago

What crazies would that be?

I suspect just as many people of the liberal leftist persuasion are not too keen on wearing masks either. Most of the offenders are young and of the partying type, who don't like politicians telling them what to do.

I wear a mask when required....apartment house common areas, my volunteer gigs, retail stores, 24 Hour Fitness, the library.

The effectiveness of wearing masks is still under divided debate, but I think many citizens of all political stripes are very concerned with the abuses of power and overreach that have occurred under many governors and mayors, mostly in Democrat controlled cities and towns.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @2    4 years ago

Telling people to wear a mask is not an abuse of power. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

Asking them to or recommending them is not.  Telling or ordering people to is exactly that.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.1    4 years ago

Do you object to being ordered to stop at a red traffic light?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.2    4 years ago

Seat belts while driving

Wearing clothes when outside?

Electronics off when told to when flying?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago
Telling people to wear a mask is not an abuse of power. 

It's just good common sense. But then, it's obvious common sense is sorely lacking in some people.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.2    4 years ago

I object to speed limits on freeways

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.1.6  charger 383  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.5    4 years ago

you got that right!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    4 years ago

Is this ignorance, arrogance, blind acceptance of partisan talking points, narcissism, the perception of invincibility, ....?

From my observations, most people are sensible:  are wearing masks and respecting social distancing (at the least).   So happily, these incidents seem to be rare.   One still wonders what is going on in those rare brains.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @3    4 years ago

It's gone too far. Here in Colorado our blabber-mouthed dumbass governor has decreed the whole state must mask up in public.

Numerous cities and counties have opted out of it, and many sheriffs and police chiefs say they won't enforce it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    4 years ago

Mask up while in public buildings, or mask up while not in one's home (e.g. walking the dog, driving alone, walking in the parking lot, ...)?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    4 years ago

Why?   Wearing a mask in a grocery store or an office is no burden at all.  The burden is all in people's minds. Why?    [Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    4 years ago

Ours won’t in this city and county.  They have actual laws they are too busy enforcing and they are protecting us.  We back the blue!  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.1    4 years ago

I carry a cloth mask with me.  I wear it only if I’m in a spot where social distancing is impossible.  The rest of the time, forget about it.  When work resumes I will most certainly wear one there.  When I’m in church I’ll wear it just so the dictator governor doesn’t shut it down so it’s to protect the church.   If I’m in a checkout line in Walmart That extends into the shopping area and social distancing isn’t possible, I wear it.  Otherwise I use the rest of the precautions and social distance.  And yes I do deliberately choose not to wear a mask except the above specifically because our governor unilaterally decreed that we must.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.4    4 years ago

Good to see that you are trying to keep yourself and others safe.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.5    4 years ago

Of course I do.  Safety is important.  It’s all about control otherwise and liberals are going to have to get used to the idea that even when they have all the political power we libertarian conservatives will openly defy them and civilly disregard their mandates when we feel that they’ve gone too far trying to control our daily lives.  What are they going to do, prove their true dystopian nature to compel obedience by force?  It’s the only way that they will get it. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.6    4 years ago

Did it ever occur to you that taking safety precautions during a pandemic is a sensible act and that government authorities imposing mandates to that effect are doing so because not everyone cooperates with safety precautions?

So strange, you note that you recognize the importance of safety, that you engage in the safety protocols because they make sense to you and then in the very same breath complain that authorities trying to get everyone to do at least what you do are simply trying to control you for gratuitous purposes.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.8  Raven Wing  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    4 years ago
our blabber-mouthed dumbass governor

Sounds to me it is more like the people who are refusing to wear masks are the dumbasses. The governor is doing what is best for the people of his state, which is his responsibility. Those who call him a dumbass for trying to save lives are the ones who will risk their own life, but, if they get sick with the Covid-19 will blame the governor for not doing more to help save them. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3.1.9  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    4 years ago
It's gone too far. Here in Colorado our blabber-mouthed dumbass governor has decreed the whole state must mask up in public.

This coming from a person who claims to have 'volunteer gigs'?  Volunteering would indicate that you care about others  Yet your disdain for wearing a mask indicates otherwise. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @3    4 years ago
Is this ignorance, arrogance, blind acceptance of partisan talking points, narcissism, the perception of invincibility, ....?

Any or all of the above.

When Walmart starts enforcing its mask policy nationwide, I expect more violence.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.2    4 years ago

I’ll just get my groceries at a different discount grocer...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.2  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.1    4 years ago

Rather than simply wear a mask while shopping??

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.2.3  pat wilson  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.2    4 years ago

Dollar Tree's cheaper.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.2    4 years ago

It’s a matter of principle.  If Walmart requires one shop elsewhere until the pandemic is over.  They are imposing even in states that have voluntary mask recommendations and they don’t deserve my support.  I can socially distance in the other three stores.  It is now all about power and control at this point.  People who want to impose control upon others will be resisted because they are making the attempt.  If they were recommended or voluntary I’d willingly comply but when blue state control freaks and god complex people try to rule over us as subjects rather than their being our public servants, we will openly defy them because we can and because we are going to dare them to literally attempt to gut and destroy the constitution and individual liberty in their attempts to exert control they will never gain over us.  Go back to voluntary and recommended and compliance will go up because we respect that. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @3.2.3    4 years ago

The 99c store has refrigerated and frozen foods as well as fresh fruit and produce for 99 or 1.99 so they have pretty much replaced Walmart for many products not to mention sundries and household cleaning products.  

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.4    4 years ago

Several things wrong in your post.

For one, walmart has not stopped one from shopping there. That would be ones own choice...

The rest is typical Liberal people are bad bullshit.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.7  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.4    4 years ago
 If Walmart requires one shop elsewhere until the pandemic is over.  

They do not; they would require (under this hypothetical) ALL patrons to take the recommended precaution of wearing a mask while shopping their store.

It is now all about power and control at this point.

Bizarre, you think now WalMart is getting off exercising control over its customers?

Your position is fascinating.  All this because you do not want to wear a mask;  something that you really should be wearing if one is truly trying to be  responsible and considerate during a pandemic? 

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.8  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.7    4 years ago
Your position is fascinating

I hate to say I am getting beyond that.

The complete disregard for others and only allegiance to some weird political ideology is disgusting.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.9  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @3.2.8    4 years ago
... disgusting

Voting up your sentiment a second time:

1200px-SMirC-thumbsup.svg.png

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.4    4 years ago
They are imposing even in states that have voluntary mask recommendations and they don’t deserve my support.

That is right. That is because they care about their employees.

It is now all about power and control at this point.

No, it is about consideration for your fellow man.

but when blue state control freaks and god complex people try to rule over us as subjects rather than their being our public servants, we will openly defy them because we can and because we are going to dare them to literally attempt to gut and destroy the constitution and individual liberty in their attempts to exert control they will never gain over us.

You do realize that there are red states now mandating the same thing. Do they not care about the Constitution either? Or maybe.... just maybe, they are trying to get the pandemic under control?

Go back to voluntary and recommended and compliance will go up because we respect that. 

That is absolute rubbish. They were not doing it when it was not mandated and they were not doing it even when it is. Let's face it, human beings can be very selfish or just plain dumb. Viruses take advantage of our own failings. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.11  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.7    4 years ago

I do wear one as described above under those circumstances above at work, at church. Indoors or out where social distancing is not possible. I’m not going to put another or me at unneeded risk but other wise will make a resistance issue of it any  other time.  

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.12  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.11    4 years ago

Haha. And what persay are these other times?

You being alone?

Professor Guide
3.2.13  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.1    4 years ago
I’ll just get my groceries at a different discount grocer...

The State of Jefferson has a Walmart?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.14  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.2.13    4 years ago
The State of Jefferson has a Walmart?

If it has a Walmart and a McDonald's, isn't that all the criteria needed for statehood? jrSmiley_74_smiley_image.gif

It would be in Trump's Ustopia. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.2.15  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.2.13    4 years ago

Some citizens are not required to wear a mask because they talk out their ass.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.2.16  Gordy327  replied to  Kavika @3.2.15    4 years ago
Some citizens are not required to wear a mask because they talk out their ass.

Or those that don't wear a mask are being an ass!

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.2.17  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.4    4 years ago

109107158_155692339449260_6222814906480197888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=D80gEJpRDP4AX--VTpm&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=0aa24230a8dace8a3211b3307e2a2934&oe=5F3CFD41

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.18  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.2.13    4 years ago

Maybe 10 of them.  Yreka, Redding, Anderson, Susanville, Red Bluff, Willows, Chico, Oroville, Yuba City, Roseville.  Likely more in the rest of Placer county, Eldorado County and the five new counties south of Eldorado.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.2.19  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.5    4 years ago

I was joking Xx. You don't get better deals at dollar stores or .99 stores. The household goods are packaged with very small quantites, probably less than a dollar's worth. For example a package of aluminum foil has maybe 2 yards of foil. And the foods are all random brands you've never heard of. The produce is also inferior. You're better off going to a mainstream grocery and shopping their weekly specials. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.20  XXJefferson51  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.2.10    4 years ago

The bottom line is that of President Trump asked me to voluntarily choose to wear a mask I’d do do because he asked and I respect him.  If governor Newscum decrees that I wear one, I will not because he didn’t ask and I can’t stand him. I do wear them where social distancing is impossible.  I will not wear one walking on the river trail or going to the lake or getting gas or going into a store where it’s easy to social distance.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.21  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.20    4 years ago

One should wear a mask for safety.   Not because an authority says to or to spite an authority who recommends a mask.

This is not a partisan game nor is it a means of retribution/ defiance due to personal emotions.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.22  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.21    4 years ago

Where they are truly needed for safety I wear one, anywhere else I make a point of using the other precautions and social distancing and of going maskless.  Like when I was at the local back the blue rally outdoors and did Social distance  but not wear one just so I could read all the Karen’s on Facebook and laugh at them.  I also made a point of signing a petition to recall gov. Newscum there.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.23  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.21    4 years ago

Well the bottom line is that if President Trump at tomorrow’s Wuhan virus daily briefing asks his supporters to all voluntarily wear one where we can social distance I will do so and make it known that I’m doing it because he asked it and for no other reason.  And that blue state governors and mayors could demand until the turned blue in the face and I’d never willingly comply with them or their supporters anywhere other than where I can’t social distance and that when I wear it it’s because the President asked, not because of anything they say or do

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.2.24  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.23    4 years ago

He's 4 months too late.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.25  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.23    4 years ago

Yeah, I believe you.   You will take safety precautions if the recommendation comes from a person of your partisan persuasion, but will defy the very same precautions if instead recommended by someone of the other persuasion.

That way of thinking is flat out irresponsible.   One should follow sensible recommendations not based on partisan authority but based on the best knowledge we have of their need and efficacy.   It is universally known that wearing a mask helps you inhibit the spread of infection to others.   To ignore safety recommendations during an active pandemic on partisan grounds is confused at best.

That said, even though your rationale is entirely irresponsible IMO, what you have decided to do is not irresponsible.   Regardless of the irrational thought process, it is reasonable to not wear a mask when outside or with substantial social distancing.    If you plan to yell, cough, sneeze, etc. then you should be wearing a mask even if you can maintain a 6' social distance.   But your approach is still reasonable and more responsible than those who flat out reject precautions.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.26  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.25    4 years ago

It wasn’t so much as who asked but how they sought it...did they request it and let us make up our own minds like responsible citizen adults or did they treat us like children/subjects/ serfs and order us?  The issue is still about control.  The big government side will not control small government proponents no matter how much political power theirs amasses.  We will defy liberal orders till they turn blue in the face with demands but will happily cooperate with requests made when reasonably asked.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.27  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.25    4 years ago

The other side didn’t recommend...they ordered and back them up with threats.  Then they say it’s ok to riot but not to open the economy.  As if...And we’ve been openly defying blue city mayors and blue state governors ever since they opposed reopening and tried to punish citizens where protests happened then.  Well bleep them all to the hot place...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.28  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.26    4 years ago

The issue is a responsible course of action given we are in a pandemic.

Who cares what politicians think or do?   Forget all of them and simply do a tiny bit of research to understand common-sense, responsible precautions.   Then, using good adult judgment, exercise a safe and responsible course of action.

To abide by (or reject) regulations based on partisan factors or by a childish refusal of authority is irrational.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.29  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.2    4 years ago

Even if I ultimately decide to wear a mask at all times I’m not at home or in my car I will still avoid stores that enforce national mandates and shop the ones that leave it to our discretion.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.30  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.29    4 years ago

That is your right. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.31  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.30    4 years ago

I think he just wants to argue about it.

Well, I'm not going to give him that satisfaction

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.32  TᵢG  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.31    4 years ago
I think he just wants to argue about it.

Not sure I have seen an actual argument; more like petulant commentary.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

EdGKv3_UYAEHLIL.jpg

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @4    4 years ago

Social distancing Chicago style. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.1    4 years ago

Hey, at least someone is wearing a mask and the police are wearing face shields. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.1    4 years ago

And that someone put his hand in the police officers mouth - deliberately trying to infect others.

What scum!

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Gordy327  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    4 years ago

Scum indeed. But it's not much different than people going out in public and not wearing a mask.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.3    4 years ago

If you can't see the difference, then I pity you.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.5  Gordy327  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.4    4 years ago

I see the difference. But like I said, there isn't much difference. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.2  pat wilson  replied to  JohnRussell @4    4 years ago

Hahahahahah.

Look at these cats in the Philippines, lol

shona1
PhD Quiet
4.2.1  shona1  replied to  pat wilson @4.2    4 years ago

Smart kitties...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @4.2    4 years ago

How cute is that. And very smart as well. Even cats are smarter than some human beings, who think they are the superior species. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson @4.2    4 years ago

I recall reading an article (and posted it on NT) that if you draw or put a circle on the floor, your cat will come and sit in the circle.  It seems to have some kind of magical powers for cats.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

A mask is far more comfortable than a ventilator.

shona1
PhD Quiet
5.1  shona1  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    4 years ago

Or being 6 foot under. So far out of a population of 25 million Aussies.....11,802 infections...total deaths 123...people who have recovered 8,275... We have had a second outbreak in Melbourne the last few weeks and everyone has to wear a mask when out in public..Or cop a $200 fine..your choice!!...I know which one I will be doing when I have to go down on Thursday...I will be keeping my $200 in my purse....

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

A Facebook friend in Texas just shared a story about an outbreak.  A church there conducted a summer camp for hundreds of kids, with no masks or social distancing.  So far, 30 kids and teachers have tested positive.  The church holds itself not responsible for the spread that occurred on its watch.

And judging from the FB comments on the church's announcement, it seems that some parents really want their kids to get to heaven quickly.  "Spiritual health more important than the risk", and similar bullshit.

This crap makes me ashamed of people.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
6.1  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6    4 years ago
"Spiritual health more important than the risk", and similar bullshit.

That's some grade A BS right there! Putting kids in jeopardy like that. What is wrong with people?

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
6.1.1  Account Deleted  replied to  Gordy327 @6.1    4 years ago

Keep in mind when an effective vaccine comes out, these same parents will opt out.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
6.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  Account Deleted @6.1.1    4 years ago

That's just negligence. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Gordy327 @6.1.2    4 years ago
That's just negligence. 

When fighting a serious pandemic it goes beyond negligence. It should be considered criminal, as not only are they threatening their own lives, but, who knows how many others. And the parents who refuse to have their kids given the vaccine should be considered engaging in child endangerment, and their children removed. It should not be the choice of the parents, and the children are too young to make their own decision.

I am not in favor of people losing their children, but, I also don't agree with deliberately exposing children to a deadly virus as the Covid-19. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
6.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  Raven Wing @6.1.3    4 years ago
And the parents who refuse to have their kids given the vaccine should be considered engaging in child endangerment, and their children removed.

Exactly!

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2  Kavika   replied to  sandy-2021492 @6    4 years ago

I read a report yesterday that states in the Corpus Christi TX area 85 infants have tested positive for the virus and one has died.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.2.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Kavika @6.2    4 years ago

I saw the report of the testing numbers.  I hadn't heard about the death until now.  I worry about my nephew's fiancee.  She's pregnant, due in October, and neither of them will wear a mask.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Kavika   replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.2.1    4 years ago
She's pregnant, due in October, and neither of them will wear a mask.jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Professor Guide
6.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6    4 years ago

Like a good little Southern Baptist teen, I've been to Latham Springs a few times.  Almost all activities, including meals, are held outside.  I'll be curious to learn how many kids, staffers, chaperones, etc. ultimately test positive.  Should the number be substantial, it will cast doubt on the premise that masks and social distancing aren't as necessary in an outdoor environment.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6    4 years ago

I would rather my children reach adult hood and find their own spiritual health than die at 12 years old trying to find it

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

Maybe what some are saying that I have little understanding of Americans is right, because it really is a mystery to me that Americans have no problem complying with, even championing, what is required by their Constitution and Amendments, the Federal, State, Municipal laws, bylaws, rules, regulations, traffic laws and even parking regulations, but become insanely resistant to being asked to wear a mask that can prevent infections and save lives, even their own grandparents' lives.  Only THAT particular requirement offends their personal rights and freedom.. Can anyone explain that to me?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8.1  lady in black  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    4 years ago

Some people are just too selfish, self-centered, it's all about me, me, me, assholes.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  lady in black @8.1    4 years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC4EZCdhlHn/?igshid=c6xzjs8umdct

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8.1.2  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1.1    4 years ago

I don't do instagram

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  lady in black @8.1.2    4 years ago

It was a picture of our patriotic favorite President with a Mask on.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8.1.4  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1.3    4 years ago

He's a hypocrite and he's NOT patriotic

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1.3    4 years ago

spamming shit again?

Krishna
Professor Expert
9  Krishna    4 years ago

DeWine is not a full blown Trump die hard, but he's not exactly part of the Resistance either. He tries to walk with one foot on either side of the line. 

Confucius say:

Man who walk in middle of road get hit by cars going in both directions.