╌>

Investigation into mailed-In ballots found thrown in Wisconsin ditch

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xdm9mm  •  4 years ago  •  215 comments

By:   LawEnforceToday (Law Enforcement Today)

Investigation into mailed-In ballots found thrown in Wisconsin ditch
Three trays of mail were discovered in a ditch on the side of the road, and now the U.S. Postal Service is investigating.

But of course there is not such thing as voter fraud.  Well at least to some with their head in the sand ignoring what is right in front of them.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Posted by: K. Winters|September 25, 2020|Categories Editorial, Featured, Investigations, NewsShare:

OUTAGAMIE COUNTY, WI - Around 8am on Monday, September 21st, three trays of mail were discovered in a ditch on the side of the road, and now the U.S. Postal Service is investigating.

According to The Outagamie County Sheriff's Office, the mail was found at the intersection of highways 96 and CB, near the Appleton International Airport.

ELECTION FRAUD: Police in Wisconsin found absentee ballots in a ditch.

Why isn't anyone talking about this? https://t.co/alVXaoEFid

#ThePersistence (@ScottPresler) September 24, 2020

It is reported that the trays contained abssentee ballots, which despite being a down right shame in itself, because everyone's vote should count, it could also be detrimental to the election, as Wisconsin is known as a swing state.

Police told Fox News the mail was supposed to be in transit to the post office and when discovered, was immediately returned to the Postal Inspector.

USPS spokesman Bob Sheehan said in a statement:

"The United States Postal Inspection Service immediately began investigating and we reserve further comment on this matter until that is complete,"

The incident comes just five weeks before the Presidential election, when Democrats are pushing for mail-in voting, and Republicans are skeptical.

Wisconsin police investigating mail, absentee ballots found in ditch

The United States Postal Inspection Service immediately began investigating and we reserve further comment on this matter until that is complete," https://t.co/WIj5tYI3Qg

— Sara A. Carter (@SaraCarterDC) September 25, 2020

Meagan Wolfe, the elections commission's administrator, said in a statement earlier this month:

"We expect more than 3 million Wisconsin residents to vote in the November election, which means even more first-time absentee by mail voters,"

President Trump does not have much faith in the idea of mail-in voting, and with good reason, considering all we have seen lately regarding ballots going missing or not being counted .

On Thursday, September 24th, the President told Fox News' Brian Kilmeade on his radio show, that mail-in ballots are a "horror show" and missing ballots are "emblematic of thousands of ballots" that could get lost this election season.

Democrats are likely pushing hard for mail-in voting because strategists predict that Democrats are more likely to vote by mail than Republicans.

==============================================================================================

Here is more on mail-in ballots that were found discarded.

LUCERNE COUNTY, PA- We have been assured by the Democrats that mail-in voting is safe. Yet it seems every day, we hear stories about issues with mail-in ballots.

The latest fiasco involves the discovery of a small number of military ballots which were cast for President Trump being discovered after being discarded in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, as reported by Breitbart News .

Of course that state is a crucial swing state in the upcoming election.

According to the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Pennsylvania in a statement:

On Monday, September 21, 2020, at the request of Luzerne County District Attorney Stefanie Salavantis, the Office of the United States Attorney along with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Scranton Resident Office, began an inquiry into reports of potential issues with a small number of mail-in ballots at the Luzerne County Board of Elections.

Since Monday, FBI personnel working together with the Pennsylvania State Police have conducted numerous interviews and recovered and reviewed certain physical evidence. Election officials in Luzerne County have been cooperative.

At this point we can confirm that a small number of military ballots were discarded. Investigators have recovered nine ballots at this time. Some of these ballots can be attributed to specific voters and some cannot.

All nine ballots were cast for presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Okay, so it's "only" nine votes. That's nine votes, in one county in one state out of 50. What if we expand that number exponentially across the many counties, towns and cities in the United States?

Is that a problem? Potentially.

Isn't it also ironic that the only ballots found were military ballots only for President Trump?

On Tuesday, trays of mail were discovered in a ditch in Greenville, Wisconsin, yet another swing state.

That discovery is being investigated by U.S. Postal Service investigators. In a statement, the Outagamie County Sheriff's Office confirmed that three trays were found around 8 a.m. adjacent to the Appleton International Airport.

According to a spokesman for the U.S. Postal Service in a statement to Fox 11, the mail included absentee ballots.

The Washington Examiner said the sheriff's office confirmed that the mail had been headed "to the post office."

"The United States Postal Inspection Service immediately began investigating and we reserve further comment on this matter until that is complete," said USPS spokesman Bob Sheehan.

This past Monday, a federal judge ruled that the Postal Service must prioritize election mail.

"The right to vote is too vital a value in our democracy to be left in a state of suspense in the minds of voters weeks before a presidential election, raising doubts as to whether their votes will ultimately be counted," said U.S. District Judge Victor Marrero.

"Conflicting, vague, and ambivalent managerial signals could also sow substantial doubt about whether the USPS is up to the task, whether it possesses the institutional willpower and commitment to its historical mission, and so to handle the exceptional burden associated with a profoundly critical task in our democratic system, that of collecting and delivering election mail a few weeks from now," the judge continued.

The president has made numerous warnings of possible voter fraud in connection with mail-in balloting, however has said there is a difference between absentee ballots and widespread mail-in voting, showing support for those needing an absentee ballot due to being out of state or in the case of a medical condition.

"We're not going to destroy this country by allowing things like that to happen. We're not destroying our country," the president has said. "This has more to do with fairness and honesty and, really, our country itself."
"People take them where they force people to vote," he had previously said. "They harvest…they take many, many ballots, and the put them all together, and then they just dump them and nobody has any idea whether they're crooked or not."

Democrats are using the COVID-19 pandemic as a convenient excuse to push for mail-in balloting. The Washington Examiner noted that thousands of ballots went uncounted during Wisconsin's presidential primary because they were found the day after the election.

Ironically, polls in both Pennsylvania and Wisconsin show Biden with a five-point gap in the latest polls, however other polls show the gap to be less or actually show the president in the lead.

Law Enforcement Today recently reported about a whistleblower who was involved in mail-in voter fraud in New York and the ease with which it can be carried out.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    4 years ago

I don't care who the ballots were for.  

The fact that this sort of thing is happening at all should give people pause regarding all mail in ballots.

Both sides.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 years ago

BINGO

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    4 years ago

Hell, i've never like mailing my Absentee ballot but i used to have no choice.   Now i do, so i drop it at my polling location drop box on election day whenever possible.  

One less way for them to F it up.   Intentionally or otherwise.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    4 years ago

Only time I ever used a absentee ballot was during my 20 years in the military when I happened to be out of the country. I was leery of it back then and still am today.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.2    4 years ago

I haven't ever voted that way. but where I live, it is extremely easy and convenient to vote.

I can show up at any polling station in the entire county and simply show my ID and vote. And we have early voting. do usually my line is less than 5 people long

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    4 years ago

Same here in Arizona.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.4    4 years ago

I dont know why more states aren't like that.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.5    4 years ago

Well, at least we know where two of the common sense states are...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.6    4 years ago

TRUE!!

LOL

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.9  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    4 years ago
And we have early voting. do usually my line is less than 5 people long

oct 13 is marked on my calendar :)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.10  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.8    4 years ago
closest polling place on Oct.13th. 

your in texas also?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.12  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.11    4 years ago

nice...

I'm in Corpus Christi.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.11    4 years ago

that's what I say, too!

beats hell out of just being Texan by birth. which one has no control over.

my dad was in the navy, or I would have been born here.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.14  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.8    4 years ago

So you're voting absentee. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @2.1.14    4 years ago

he did not say that.

in fact. he specifically said he and his wife would be heading to the polls on October 13th.

where do you get voting absentee from?????

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.8    4 years ago

did YOU know you were voting absentee??!!!??

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.17  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.15    4 years ago
where do you get voting absentee from?????

From the fact that early voting is absentee voting. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @2.1.17    4 years ago

funny, I have never heard it called that here. gee, I wonder why an absentee ballot must be requested. but anyone registered can simply vote early.

they are NOT the same

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @2.1.17    4 years ago

please look up Texas absentee and early voting. I have. They are different

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.20  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.19    4 years ago

Texas isn't the whole US. Early voting is absentee voting in Indiana and other states. One intends/chooses to be ABSENT on election day and therefore votes early. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @2.1.20    4 years ago

I didnt claim anything for any state except Texas, and THAT WAS THE STATE WE WERE DISCUSSING. read the posts to glean what was under discussion

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.22    4 years ago

His claim is they are the same. He is wrong

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.23    4 years ago

Tried telling him that, too!

No good!

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.26  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.25    4 years ago
Tried telling him that, too!

Difficult to argue with the resident expert internet (fill in the blank here), especially when they are normally wrong.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.27  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.21    4 years ago
I didnt claim anything for any state except Texas

that would be the "United States of Texas    ;)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.28  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.27    4 years ago

I got the notice in the mail about the mail in ballot I’m receiving without requesting it.  I ignored it.  I am voting in person at my polling place on Election Day.  Period.  I will walk up to a person who is a likely democrat at my voting precinct and proudly present the person my photo ID just to make a point before proudly casting my vote for President Trump!  

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1.29  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.28    4 years ago

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 years ago

It's crazy how easily gaslit you all were.

"three trays of mail"

"It is reported that the trays contained abssentee ballots"

"when discovered, was immediately returned to the Postal Inspector"

Three trays, so certainly not "widespread", no confirmation that these were ALL absentee ballots, they may have simply been assorted mail that also contained absentee ballots, and all were immediately returned to the postal inspector so they are not lost, destroyed or compromised. But it's enough to get a bunch of supposedly smart folk to start thinking "Yeah, maybe there's something to this mail in ballot fraud! Sure, every investigation that's ever been done has shown ZERO widespread mail in voter fraud, but let's all throw the facts and the long time studies and the real numbers out the fucking window because of three trays of mail on the side of the road! Yeah, that's the ticket!"...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.4.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4    4 years ago

It appears some mail fraud is indeed going on this time around.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XDm9mm @2.4.1    4 years ago
That's two states

Where supposedly a total of 9 ballots were possibly compromised. Again, not "widespread".

Hell, one had a couple of hundred thousand RETURNED as the addressee was no longer at that specified address.

Again, not only not representative of widespread voter fraud, that's not an example of voter fraud at all.

The fact that some can't see how monumentally stupid the claim of widespread voter fraud is truly shameful, but I've no doubt it was by design. Sad to see how incredibly gullible some are to believe such tripe.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.4.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Greg Jones @2.4.2    4 years ago

people seem to forget about the box 13 scandal of 1948

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.4.6  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @2.4.1    4 years ago

I'll take ABC News over Breitfart.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrJ61pPhW5fylsAgO5XNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZANDMTA1OV8xBHNlYwNzYw--/RV=2/RE=1601107408/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fnews.yahoo.com%2ftemp-tossed-pennsylvania-ballots-trump-212320077.html/RK=2/RS=EHz6_VT4DX0AYLoDQ_xylREEJyM-

Temp worker tossed Pennsylvania ballots Trump complained about, official says

Dareh Gregorian
NBC News September 25, 2020

The small number of mishandled military ballots at a Pennsylvania elections board that sparked a federal inquiry and allegations from the Trump campaign that Democrats were " trying to steal the election " were actually "incorrectly" tossed by a temp, a county official said Friday.

In a press release, Luzerne County County Manager David Pedri said a "temporary seasonal independent contractor" who started work sorting mail at the Elections Bureau on Sept. 14th had "incorrectly" thrown out a small number of military and overseas ballots.

The county elections director found out what had happened two days later, and had all the trash from the three-day period "placed in a dumpster and secured," the release said.

“Each bag of garbage from the entire building in the dumpster was searched by the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the Luzerne County District Attorney’s Office, Pennsylvania State Police as well as Luzerne County staff. All items of concern were taken into custody by the Federal Bureau of Investigations,” according to the release, which noted the temp was asked not to return.

In a highly unusual move  Thursday, David Freed, the U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, issued a statement saying his office had begun "an inquiry into reports of potential issues with a small number of mail-in ballots at the Luzerne County Board of Elections." The release also noted that at least seven of the nine ballots were "cast for presidential candidate Donald Trump."

Freed's release was tweeted out by the White House and the Trump campaign, with the campaign's deputy communications director Matt Wolking summarizing the release as "FBI finds military mail-in ballots discarded in Pennsylvania. 100% of them were cast for President Trump. Democrats are trying to steal the election."

In a letter to Luzerne County officials later in the day, Freed said their initial findings showed the ballots may have been opened by a staffer who confused the envelopes with absentee ballot applications.

Wolking later deleted his tweet accusing Democrats of having been involved, but Trump again suggested on Friday it was part of a Democratic plot against him.

"Democrats are playing games, you see that. You see that they found ballots in a wastepaper basket," he said at an event in Florida.

The county's release said election officials found out the discarded ballots were Trump votes from Freed's press release.

Matthew Miller, a spokesman for the Justice Department during the Obama administration, told MSNBC's " MTP Daily " that DOJ's actions in the case are "highly unusual, highly political and highly inappropriate."

"There's just an overall rule that DOJ doesn't comment on ongoing investigations" and "even stronger rules for investigations involving elections," Miller said, adding "there is no reason they should have mentioned the candidate for whom these ballots were cast. ... It's irrelevant to the investigation. The only reason you'd make that claim publicly is because your trying to help the president."

While general mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania don't get sent out until October, ballots for overseas and military voters in the county were sent out beginning on Aug. 25th, the county said.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.4.7  Tessylo  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.4.4    4 years ago

Which means what, now?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.4.9  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4    4 years ago

Nothing gaslit about it.    It’s just common sense but I guess as long as your vote isn’t in one of those three trays it’s all good right?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.4.10  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  XDm9mm @2.4.8    4 years ago

yup , 7 of the 9 were for trump too...just sayin.

And after i just read on my phone how Biden while VP was on a tour of SW asia calling some assembled troops at an undisclosed location sorry B*stards , i dont know what to think.....maybe they were not showing some love and enthusiasm.

well enough for me im going out for a couple few adult beverages tonight .

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.4.11  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.4.8    4 years ago

Who opened the ballots XD? Was it the temp guy? The FBI? A County official? 

Oh and why couldn't and shouldn't the County Manager contact the voters and supply them with new ballots? It's only September after all.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.4.13  Dulay  replied to  dennis smith @2.4.12    4 years ago

See the last sentence in 1.2.2. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.4.14  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Tessylo @2.4.7    4 years ago

[deleted]

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.4.15  Thrawn 31  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.4.14    4 years ago

You say all that, and then vote for Trump....

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.4.17  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.4.15    4 years ago
You say all that, and then vote for Trump..

wrong, there are more than a dem and a rep candidate on the ballot here for that particular office.

nice Assumption though.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.4.18  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.4.17    4 years ago

have to admit , i was even shocked  when i went to see what i had wrote that was deleted .

I did remember that i posted my displeasure , just not quite to that full extent or manner

i must have really been in rare form, at least my headache tells me i was....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.4.19  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.4.18    4 years ago

LOL Mark, yup.. it was the drink speaking. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.4.20  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.4.16    4 years ago
It doesn't matter.  

We want to know who all is involved in this alleged 'fraud' right XD? Wouldn't want to falsely accuse anyone or miss a perpetrator would we? 

They were immediately voided from the count when opened.

That's not what the FBI said. They were unsure whether the votes would be counted. 

As to "contacting" the people involved......   exactly how is he/she to do that?   Military aboard ship or on the ground?  How do you locate them?   People on vacation touring other countries?  How do you locate them?

Some have the mailing envelopes XD. They 'located' them once right? 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.4.22  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.4.19    4 years ago

yeah reminded me of election night 2016.

now if i can remember why i have a nagging memory of an elec cattle fence from last night , ill be good , im sure my friends that dropped me off last night will gladly fill me in.

the good news is i have no burns bruises and my hair isnt standing straight out , so it cant be all that bad .....

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.4.23  Tacos!  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.4.18    4 years ago

I'm disappointed I missed the sexual content. (Moderation is getting really specific)

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.4.24  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Tacos! @2.4.23    4 years ago

think of game of thrones and the hounds dialog.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.4.27  Dulay  replied to  dennis smith @2.4.26    4 years ago

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.28  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XDm9mm @2.4.5    4 years ago
Unless of course it's yours. /s

Everybody thinks their perspective is somehow more important than others.

And when you think it through, you realize it's not them, it's you.

To bad some people have zero compassion.

Angry bitter bigots don't seem concerned about others.

Depending on a persons ability to empathize, each of us is different.

I know I try to empathize but it is admittedly difficult.

Compassion and empathy can help see others perspective.

Knowledge is key when trying to understand the feelings of others.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.29  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  dennis smith @2.4.26    4 years ago
All votes are equal only if they are counted.

Not if you're in a low population State where your vote can count for up to four times it's weight in the electoral college. If all votes were equal we'd have a President chosen by the popular vote count.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.4.31  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.29    4 years ago
If all votes were equal we'd have a President chosen by the popular vote count.

Opinions will vary but if that were true from the start I have little doubt that the union would have survived this long.

A union controlled  by densely populated areas only is not even remotely representative of massive portions of this country.

The electoral college is genius in that regard.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.32  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @2.4.31    4 years ago
A union controlled  by densely populated areas only is not even remotely representative of massive portions of this country.

A union controlled by sparsely populated areas is definitely not remotely representative of the massive number of people who happen to live in cities. Why should someone's vote in a densely populated area count for less? Are they not Americans? Are they somehow less worthy of making decisions? Of course not, just bigots in the boonies believe such fascist nonsense.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.34  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.32    4 years ago

Well, all you have to do is to get a Constitutional Amendment passed and then maybe you can get your way as voting goes.

How far along are you on that?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.35  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.29    4 years ago

Funny how no one was really complaining about the EC UNTIL Democrats lost elections.

Gee, I wonder why? Was it that the system was (and is) working as designed, and as long as your party won, everything was fine? But now that you lost, time for change? LOL!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.4.36  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.32    4 years ago
Of course not, just bigots in the boonies believe such fascist nonsense.

I’m sure you really do believe that which is why you’ll continue lose Hillary style ..... woop, woop, woop, woop, woop, woop.... Hillary style.

Like I said,  founding fathers were geniuses when they came up with the EC compromise.     No way the USA survives intact for nearly 250 without it.    NO way.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.37  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.35    4 years ago
Funny how no one was really complaining about the EC UNTIL Democrats lost elections.

In the last 240 years there have only been 5 elections where the electoral college didn't reflect the majority of American voters. No one was really complaining because it's an extremely rare occurrence. Now that Republicans know they don't represent the majority of Americans they try and work the system by spending all their campaign cash in the swing States merely trying to appeal to a minority of Americans. I simply believe America would be at its best when the President and the administration represent what the majority of Americans want no matter what State they live in.

evilone
Professor Guide
2.4.38  evilone  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.37    4 years ago

As things stand today there is a 1 in 4 chance of it happening again this election. Source

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.39  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.37    4 years ago
I simply believe America would be at its best when the President and the administration represent what the majority of Americans want no matter what State they live in.

Well, I believe in the US Constitution and our laws.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.40  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.39    4 years ago
Well, I believe in the US Constitution and our laws.

I do as well, and dishonest Donald and his sad sorry sucker sycophants obviously don't.

"You know what else they say about my people? The polls, they say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like incredible," - Donald J Trump

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.41  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.40    4 years ago

I always get a kick out of this kind of stuff.

"Everything Trump says is a LIE!!!" bleated daily.

EXCEPT when it suits our purposes, THEN he told the TRUTH!

Hilarious.

Predictable.

Childish.

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
2.5  GaJenn78  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 years ago

Yea.....I don't comment much here but I just wanted to say, I live in Ga. Never once asked for an absentee ballot or request for a vote in ballot(I vote in person). I have now (as of yesterday) received 3 mail in ballots, my daughter has received 2(she just turned 20) and my husband has received 3 as well. Along with those, we have been receiving absentee voter registration for all 3 of us. Not just one a piece, we have each gotten 3 of them as well.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.5.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  GaJenn78 @2.5    4 years ago

Maybe this is why:

CATOOSA COUNTY, Ga. —   So far, more than 2.2 million Georgians have received an absentee ballot application from a non-profit called the Center for Voter Information and its partner the Voter Participation Center. Voters’ name and address are already filled in.

Nearly two million more are on their way.

So, are they legitimate?

It turns out, the application The Center for Voter Information is sending, is the same one you can download from the Secretary of State’s website or from your local election commission.

"So, people have a choice. They can use one of these third-party vendors. I would highly recommend they look where that ballot is going,” said John Pless, the public information officer for Catoosa County.

According to Pless, there are at least three third-parties sending absentee ballot applications and voter registration applications to residents in Catoosa County.

"From what we know about them, mostly they're involved in an initiative to get people to register to vote, to engage citizens," said Pless.

NewsChannel 9 got our hands on one of the packets from the Center for Voter Information.

Enclosed is a letter from the non-profit, a pre-paid envelope addressed to the Catoosa County Registrar’s Office, and absentee ballot application with the voter’s personal information partially filled in.

"We've found over 17 years, that people are more inclined to send it back if it is partially filled out with their personal information,” said Lopach.

Lopach says the non-profit works to ensure privacy is protected.

Local county officials are finding the third-parties sending out ballot applications in Catoosa County are true to their word, so far.

“Hopefully all of them are operating in good faith. We expect them to. So far, we don't have any reason to believe the ones that we know about are not operating like that,” said Pless.

How do they get your information?

In short, they do it legally, and the state sells it to them.

Depending on the state, the Center for Voter Information either purchases or receives voter logs from the respective Secretary of State’s Office.

"We work very closely with secretaries of state and elections directors in states where they want to work with us. To look at our list, to make sure mailings meet all legal requirements," said Lopach.

A spokesperson for the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office says the state's voter list is available for purchase on the state website to any groups for the purposes of outreach and education.

Who gets the ballot applications?

The Center for Voter Information says they mainly target three groups: people of color, those between the age of 18-34, and unmarried women.

"We use modeling to identify this is somebody who lives in a neighborhood with a lot of young people or people of color. We use modeling to determine that, then we will use various data inputs for our targeted voter,” said Lopach.

Although, the non-profit does not exclusively send their packets to that demographic.

"We also reach out to folks who share the value of the rising American electorate,” said Lopach.

In fact, the Georgian who sent their copy to NewsChannel 9 does not fit into any of those categories.

Are these applications targeted along party lines?

Lopach say they do not have access to voting records, and that’s not their goal.

A spokesperson with the Georgia Secretary of State's Office their page does not offer the option to get the voting data from one political party.

However, they say groups using the list can segregate it on their own, based on the information in the file.

“I'm not certain that I would say that trying to help people vote is a liberal or conservative idea. We're living in a moment where a lot of folks are trying to help people vote, and a lot of other folks are trying to keep people from voting,” said Lopach.

According to Lopach, only 2-4 percent of people they sent the voter registrations to respond.

Lopach says they’re seeing a high rate of return from the absentee ballot applications.

He says the non-profit spends “tens of millions” of dollars on these efforts every year.

He says, on average, anywhere between 12-14 percent of people are filling out those applications, and sending them to the proper channels.

"It's a small percent, but it is a significant percent,” said Lopach.

He partially credits the pandemic for this uptick.

“We're living in a moment where people are confused by election information. They're concerned about the pandemic, and they know voting safely from their home is a great way to participate in our democracy,” said Lopach.

The Voter Participation Center says they plan to send out another 1.9 million absentee ballot applications to residents in Georgia after Labor Day.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.5.2  Sparty On  replied to  GaJenn78 @2.5    4 years ago

It’s going to be a clusterF which is why I’m volunteering to be a poll challenger this year.     I’m not expecting to be home until the wee hours of the morning .... or later.

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
2.5.3  GaJenn78  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.5.1    4 years ago

Could be, thanks. I'm in metro Atl and this seems weird. Getting both ballots and absentee apps

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
2.5.4  GaJenn78  replied to  GaJenn78 @2.5.3    4 years ago

AND more than one per person in my house

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.5.5  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @2.5.2    4 years ago

Why not volunteer to be a poll WORKER and do something constructive? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.5.6  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @2.5.2    4 years ago

Oh and BTFW, you should put a lawyer on retainer if you intend to challenge my right to vote. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.5.7  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @2.5.5    4 years ago

Verifying voter bona fides ..... the single most important operation in any truly viable election system so I figured I’d change it up this year and do the most important thing this time.    

Besides, poll working was getting old having to deal with all those angry old ladies.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.5.8  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @2.5.6    4 years ago

You clearly don’t understand how poll challenging works but bring it on.    

I’d love to see some shyster wasting their time challenging the work we’ll be doing.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.5.9  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @2.5.8    4 years ago

Hey, maybe you could bring YOUR internet lawyer to tangle with HIS internet lawyer!

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.5.10  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @2.5.8    4 years ago
You clearly don’t understand how poll challenging works but bring it on.   I’d love to see some shyster wasting their time challenging the work we’ll be doing.

Oh I clearly DO understand how it works and I also know the hotline # for voter intimidation in Indiana. Without a 'legitimate' reason to question my vote, you are committing a crime and depending on the reason you document, a civil rights violation. 

Your 'group' planning will be scrutinized as will it's members. 

'Challenge' groups aren't the only ones preparing Sparty. 

Cheers. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.5.11  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @2.5.10    4 years ago

Nope and as surmised, you clearly don’t understand how it works in Michigan.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.5.12  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @2.5.11    4 years ago

Voter intimidation and civil rights violations are FEDERAL statutes. WHERE they happen is irrelevant. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.5.13  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @2.5.12    4 years ago

True, if that’s what was going on, which it is not.

Again, your understanding of Michigan’s rules on this are clearly obtuse  but here, let me do your homework for you.

You are welcome.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.5.14  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @2.5.13    4 years ago

Already read it Sparty. 

I summarized this part:

Challenges must not be based on an “impression” that the voter is ineligible due to his
or her manner of dress; inability to read or write English; the voter’s perceived race,
ethnic background, physical or mental disability, support for or opposition to a candidate
or political party; or the voter’s need for assistance with the voting process. A challenger
cannot challenge a voter’s right to vote unless the challenger has “good reason to believe” that the voter is not eligible to vote in the precinct. 

So being brown doesn't cut it. 

YOU should take heed of this part:

Abuse of the challenge process can have serious consequences including the
disenfranchisement of qualified voters, criminal violations, and legal challenges over the election results. The precinct chairperson has the authority to expel challengers who abuse the challenge process.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.5.15  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @2.5.14    4 years ago

Lol .... yeah, you already read it ..... /S

I don't need to "take heed" of any of it as i did for the entire document before i took the job.   Once again, you are tilting at windmills here  ....

And our jurisdictions are prepared for other non government sactioned "groups" as well.   Plenty of jail space for folks who try to intimidate others trying to vote or otherwise try to extort the election results in a direction they want.

I'll enjoy watching dipshits like that go to jail.   Our prosecutor has no problem charging such malcontents to fullest extent of the law.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.5.16  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @2.5.15    4 years ago
Lol .... yeah, you already read it ..... /S

Is that an attempt to mock Sparty? Bad Form.  

Yes, I not only read it prior to your link, I compared it to Indiana's. They're almost identical. 

I don't need to "take heed" of any of it as i did for the entire document before i took the job.

Wow, contradiction in one sentence. 

BTFW, challengers aren't 'government sanctioned', they're merely credentialed. I thought you said your took heed of the whole document...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.5.17  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @2.5.16    4 years ago
Is that an attempt to mock Sparty?

Sarcasm was noted.    Is sarcasm against the COC here now?    If it is, you'll be getting a whole shitload of new coupons .....

Bad Form.

Good form because i believe it to be true.

Wow, contradiction in one sentence. 

Nope, not even close.

BTFW, challengers aren't 'government sanctioned', they're merely credentialed. I thought you said your took heed of the whole document...

Lol to use your words ..... BTFW ......  not even close again but spin baby spin ...   

I'm done playing your silly little games today but you have a nice day regardless now ya hear!

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.5.18  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @2.5.17    4 years ago
Sarcasm was noted.    Is sarcasm against the COC here now?    If it is, you'll be getting a whole shitload of new coupons .....

I'll take that as a yes. 

Good form because i believe it to be true.

Your belief was false both times. 

Lol to use your words ..... BTFW ......  not even close again but spin baby spin ...

Actually, since YOUR term isn't in the document and mine is, you are the one that's spinning. 

I'm done playing your silly little games today but you have a nice day regardless now ya hear!

Project much? 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago

I am new to this mail in ballot thing...

do I send all 7 at once?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3    4 years ago

It is easy and the best way to vote. My state has been doing it for years with no issues. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.2  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.1    4 years ago
And California also REJECTED over 100,000 MAILED IN BALLOTS in the primaries held earlier this year

The vast majority of which arrived late [voter or USPS?].

In fact nothing in your link cites that the rejected ballots had anything to do with the states capabilities. 

But hey, thanks for the gaslighting...

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
3.3  GaJenn78  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3    4 years ago

Yea....I was just asking about this problem....we are getting multiples too. Funny thing, Ossoff really wants me to vote for him(Ga).