Trump Speaks To The Nation From Hospital

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

It is what it is. 

I dont think he mentions winning the election.  Hmmm. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

"We're gonna beat this coronavirus or whatever you want to call it"

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3  Gsquared    4 years ago

"I can't breathe."

-- Donald J. Trump

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    4 years ago

Ever since the 'escalator glide' with wife number three the Trump has been a constant in American lives. 

This episode from Walter Reed is yet another diatribe to let everyone know he is still here and he still believes himself relevant.

"Just shut up, man," are the most important words uttered in 2020.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1  Gsquared  replied to  bbl-1 @4    4 years ago

Agreed 100% 

It was the best line in the entire debate.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @4.1    4 years ago

I've been wanting him to shut up for almost four years now.  

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Gsquared  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.1    4 years ago

I usually say it every time he opens his mouth when I'm watching TV.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2  Ender  replied to  bbl-1 @4    4 years ago

There are t-shirts with that on it now. I was tempted to get one.

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    4 years ago

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6  Gsquared    4 years ago

Breaking News -- The latest update from Walter Reed Medical Center on Twitter:

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gsquared @6    4 years ago

Can you copy and post the text version?  At least I have the good fortune of not being able to see most of a certain member's comments. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1    4 years ago

Sorry.  It's a video.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1    4 years ago
That would be great because all I see when someone posts a twitter post is the following:
Please verify your email address.
This account doesn’t have a confirmed email address attached to it. A verification code will be sent to this address. You’ll have limited access to Twitter’s features until you verify it.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
6.1.3  Old Hermit  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1    4 years ago
Buzz - Can you copy and post the text version? 
Gsquared - Sorry.  It's a video.

original

pat wilson
Professor Participates
6.1.4  pat wilson  replied to  Old Hermit @6.1.3    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Old Hermit @6.1.3    4 years ago

Thanks - worked perfectly.  The guy would win the gold at the Olympics. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

I guess it's significant that the posted article appears as a total blank to me.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    4 years ago

The posted article is a video of Trump speaking to the nation from the hospital . I'll see if there is a transcript of it online and put it up if there is.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1    4 years ago

Try WhiteHouse.gov.  That’s the most likely place to get a transcript 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    4 years ago

This is the best I can do right now Buzz. There is no transcript yet.

www.wtnh.com   /news/im-starting-to-feel-good-trump-releases-4-minute-video-from-hospital/

Pres. Trump releases 4-minute video from hospital; doctor says President remains off supplemental oxygen

by WTNH.com Staff / Oct 3, 2020
3-3 minutes

by: Nexstar Media Wire

Posted:   Oct 3, 2020 / 07:08 PM EDT   Updated:   Oct 3, 2020 / 09:43 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — President Donald Trump released a 4-minute video Saturday evening from Walter Reed Medical Center where he said he’s beginning to feel better.

Trump said he believes he will have “a very good result” in his battle with the novel coronavirus. He noted we’d know more over the next few days and he hopes to “be back soon.”

RELATED:   AP Source confirms Trump received supplemental oxygen in White House Friday after coronavirus diagnosis

“I came here — wasn’t feeling so well. I feel much better now,” said Trump in the clip. “We’re working hard to get me all the way back.”

The president thanked the American people for an outpouring of support.

Saturday evening, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany tweeted an update from the President’s doctor, Sean P. Conley. Conley stated that the President had finished his second dose of Remdesivir.

Conley also stated that Trump remains fever-free and off supplemental oxygen. Conley also said the President is “not out of the woods,” but that his medical team is cautiously optimistic.

Earlier in the day, he told his longtime friend Rudy Giuliani that he’s “going to beat” the coronavirus.

The New York Post says Trump called Giuliani on Saturday to assure him he’s doing fine following a sobering assessment from the White House chief of staff.

Trump reportedly told Giuliani on the call: “I feel I could get out of here right now. But they’re telling me there can always be a backstep with this disease. But I feel I could go out and do a rally.”

Trump also reportedly explained that he continued to engage in high-risk activity despite the pandemic because he’s the “president of the United States. I can’t lock myself in a room. … I had to confront (the virus) so the American people stopped being afraid of it so we could deal with it responsibly.”

He also said he hopes that by beating the virus he “will be able to show people we can deal with this disease responsibly, but we shouldn’t be afraid of it.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Ender
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2    4 years ago

So he is admitting he doesn't care and he would go out and infect people.

He is a sick, sick man.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @7.2.1    4 years ago
"Trump also reportedly explained that he continued to engage in high-risk activity despite the pandemic because he’s the “president of the United States. I can’t lock myself in a room. … I had to confront (the virus) so the American people stopped being afraid of it so we could deal with it responsibly.”

BY NOT DEALING WITH IT RESPONSIBLY

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2    4 years ago
"But I feel I could go out and do a rally."

Wearing no mask and in front of thousands of people wearing no masks and not social distancing.  Such responsibility!!!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.3  Tacos!  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    4 years ago

There isn't anything I would think would be controversial in it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tacos! @7.3    4 years ago

Thanks, Tacos1,  but JR has already posted a pretty good description of the video.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.3.2  Tacos!  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.3.1    4 years ago
JR has already posted a pretty good description of the video

Here's the actual transcript:

I want to begin by thanking all of the incredible medical professionals, the doctors, the nurses, everybody at Walter Reed Medical Center - I think it’s the finest in the world - for the incredible job they’ve been doing. 

I came here, I wasn’t feeling so well, I feel much better now. We’re working hard to get me back. I have to get all the way back because we still have to make America great again.

We’ve done an awfully good job of that but we still have steps to go and I have to finish that job. I’ll be back, I think, I'll be back soon and I look forward to finishing up the campaign the way it was started, the way we’ve been doing and the kind of numbers we’ve been doing.  

We’ve been so proud of it but this was something that’s happened and it was something that happened to millions of people all over the world and I’ve been fighting for them, not just in the US, I'm fighting for them all over the world. 

We're going to beat the coronavirus or whatever you want to call it and we’re going to beat it soundly. 

So many things are happening, if you look at the therapeutics which I’m taking right now some of them and others that are coming out soon that are looking like, frankly they’re miracles, if you want to know the truth. People criticize me when I say that but we have things happening that look like they’re miracles coming down from God so I just want to tell you that I’m starting to feel good.  

I don’t know the next period of a few days, I guess. that’s the real test so we’ll be seeing what happened over those next couple of days

I just want to be thankful for all the support I’ve seen whether it’s on television, reading about it, most of all I appreciate what’s been said by the American people almost a bipartisan consensus, by the American people. It’s a beautiful thing to see, and I very much appreciate it and I won’t forget it

I also want to thank the leaders of the world for their condolences and they know what we're going through. They know what your leader is and what I have to go through. 

But I had no choice because I just didn't want to stay in the White House. I was given that alternative: stay in the White House, lock yourself in, don't ever leave, don't even go to the Oval Office, just stay upstairs and enjoy it. Don't see people, don't talk to people, and just be done with it and I can't do that, I had to be out front and this is America, this is the United States, the greatest country in the world. This is the most powerful country in the world. I can't be locked up in a room upstairs and totally safe and just say 'Hey, whatever happens, happens'. I can't do that.

We have to confront problems. As a leader, you have to confront problems. There's never been a great leader that would have done that. 

So that's where it is. I'm doing well, I want to thank everybody. Our first lady is doing very well. Melania asked me to say something as to the respect she has for our country, the love that she has for our country. And we are both doing well. 

Melania is really handling it very nicely as you've probably read, she is slightly younger than me just a little tiny bit.

And therefore, we know the disease, we know the situation with age versus younger people and Melania is handling it statistically like it's supposed to be handled and that makes me very happy and it makes the country very happy but I'm also doing well and I think we're gonna have a very good result. 

Again, over the next few days we're gonna probably know for sure so I just want to thank everybody out there, everybody all over the world, specifically the United States - the outpouring of love has been incredible. I will never forget. Thank you very much. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.3.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tacos! @7.3.2    4 years ago
"We're going to beat the coronavirus or whatever you want to call it and we’re going to beat it soundly."

I was glad to see that this time he did not put a geographical or xenophobic name to the virus - I guess if he had it would have been considered quite an insult to Xi Jinping and China's Deputy Foreign Minister who sent their personal and behalf of the people of China's good wishes and hope for a speedy recovery.  I cannot imagine anyone in the world who would not have wished Trump and Melania a speedy recovery.  Mind you, I'm not that sure about Abbas and the Ayatollah....

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

To conservatives it’s a part of my breaking news seed so no need to take abuse here to see it.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8    4 years ago

Conservatism is dead.  Putin owns it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @8.1    4 years ago

Liberalism is dead.  Zi owns it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8    4 years ago

I'd rather come to John's seeds over yours.  Go back to your own article.  Thanks!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @8.2    4 years ago

You’re not a conservative so I’m not surprised.  I will do what you suggest...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.2.2  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.2.1    4 years ago

Neither are you.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.2.1    4 years ago
Spiro Agnew’s Ghost
@SpiroAgnewGhost
·
8h
**BREAKING: CHIEF OF STAFF MARK MEADOWS OUTED AS “ANONYMOUS SOURCE” WHO SAYS TRUMP IS IN WORSE SHAPE THAN DOCTOR IMPLIED.**

Ender
Professor Principal
8.3  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8    4 years ago

Meaning, no one is coming on my seed so I am going to spam this one.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @8.3    4 years ago
"Meaning, no one is coming on my seed so I am going to spam this one."

Yup!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.3.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @8.3.1    4 years ago

Around 250 posts beg to differ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.3.2    4 years ago
"Around 250 posts beg to differ..."

Proving you wrong

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    4 years ago

120611704_3339735686062156_2976831055848919304_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=oDEaLhWfFXIAX_YxPCP&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=0f8e7e18a56773025ee8278e6c9f4e6f&oe=5F9E88FE

Ender
Professor Principal
10  Ender    4 years ago

So he needs to continue the quest to make America great again...

So after his four years, we are still not great? I guess he is not doing that great of a job of it then.

Maybe time to try someone else...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11  Tacos!    4 years ago

More of this. This is the kind of thing I suggested he should do.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @11    4 years ago

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @11.1    4 years ago

I'm so please to see you again with such an insightful commentary. Thanks for stopping by.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @11    4 years ago

What he should do is resign from office immediately. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @11.2    4 years ago

I'm pretty sure you already thought that. I don't think him getting sick should change that. I doubt you would call for Obama or Biden's resignation if they got sick. I also doubt you'd call for Biden to drop out of the race if he comes down with it tomorrow.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.2.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @11.2.1    4 years ago

I don't want him to resign because he is sick, I want him to resign because he is the worst president in American history and unfit to hold office in this country. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.3  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @11    4 years ago
More of this. This is the kind of thing I suggested he should do.

This kind of thing? 

But I had no choice because I just didn't want to stay in the White House. I was given that alternative: stay in the White House, lock yourself in, don't ever leave, don't even go to the Oval Office, just stay upstairs and enjoy it. Don't see people, don't talk to people, and just be done with it and I can't do that, I had to be out front and this is America, this is the United States, the greatest country in the world. This is the most powerful country in the world. I can't be locked up in a room upstairs and totally safe and just say 'Hey, whatever happens, happens'. I can't do that.

So WHAT does all that babble MEAN? 

What WORKING advantages does being in the hospital present to Trump that the WH residence does not? 

Does he intend to come and go at will instead of quarantining in place?  

Does he intend to 'see people' in person while in the hospital? Why would that be easier while in the hospital vs. the residence? 

Trump seems to be implying that the Presidential Suite in Walter Reed is somehow LESS safe than the WH residence.

Does any thinking person actually believe ANY of that bullshit? 

Ya, MORE of that.../s

BTFW, NO tracing team has been deployed to NJ or DC. NO guidance has been disseminated to West Wing or Bedminster employees. So it looks like Trump can indeed say "Hey, whatever happens, happens.", at least for everyone else.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @11.3    4 years ago
This kind of thing?

Yes, I made a comment - in another seed I believe - about how I thought Trump might communicate with the public while he is sick.

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.3.2  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @11.3.1    4 years ago

So not only do you believe the bullshit, you want him to shovel more your way. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @11.3.2    4 years ago

EXACTLLY!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11.3.4  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @11.3.2    4 years ago

You apparently don't know what I said, so your comment is rooted in ignorance or lack of comprehension. Either way, your false conclusion adds nothing to the conversation. Thanks for stopping by.

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.3.5  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @11.3.4    4 years ago

I QUOTED what you posted HERE and your bullshit obfuscation isn't even an attempt at a conversation.