╌>

Interesting Question : Will Twitter Ban Donald Trump ?

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  10 comments

Interesting Question : Will Twitter Ban Donald Trump  ?

Mrs. Krassenstein

@HKrassenstein

·

3m

Now that Trump is a lame duck, can Twitter please ban him?

=======================================================================================

Rather than being a throwaway, this strikes me as actually being a timely question. The rationale given for not banning Trump from twitter so far has been, if I recall correctly, that as president of the United States , his thoughts and comments were newsworthy in and of themselves. 

That will not apply after Jan 20th.  I would think he might be banned . Others with less questionable twitter pages have been. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

To my knowledge Trump's twitter content does compare with other people who have had their accounts banned in the past.  He may be SOL after January. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

As long as he is good for business, I think they will let him hang out.  The minute he becomes a liability, they might think about showing him the exit, and Bob's your uncle.

The backup plan would be that he will not be able to tweet from federal prison.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    4 years ago

Right, at this point his tweets are no more than entertainment, so they might well be considered good business for Twitter. 

AndrewK
Freshman Silent
2.2  AndrewK  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    4 years ago

Twitter business model for better or worse is tied to the President at this point. No other tweets get more pickup in the media - giving advertisement for the brand, and no one has more influence in attracting users on the right who may be less likely to use social media platforms. 

If they did ban Trump - just as he seems to be hinting at doing with Fox News, it wouldn't be surprising to see him go to another platform where he has a financial stake and pull his followers with him. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Krishna  replied to  AndrewK @2.2    4 years ago
it wouldn't be surprising to see him go to another platform where he has a financial stake and pull his followers with him. 

But is there another platform would he would have as many followers?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

Who cares?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  Krishna  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    4 years ago
Who cares?

I do!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Krishna @3.1    4 years ago

To each their own. Peace and a good werkend to you.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4  Dulay    4 years ago

Here's your answer John:

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    4 years ago

I don’t think this will be a concern.  It’s not like he’ll be allowed to have a smartphone in prison.