CNN speaks to Trump supporters about Trump's lies

THIS WAS FILMED YESTERDAY

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

We aren't going to get anywhere by compromising with or placating these people. They have to be defeated. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

How are you going to accomplish that, John

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    3 years ago

I would imagine JR is thinking of winning elections.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.1    3 years ago

Good luck with the midterms....the Dems are trending downward lately.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.2    3 years ago

I am not a D.   The elections today are substantially more significant than the midterms.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.3    3 years ago

Indeed, the Dems need to worry about the elections in Georgia, and should they win the Senate actually making things happen. The reason they struggle in mid-terms is because they either don't do shit in the previous2 years, or are too afraid to take ownership of what they did accomplish and push it as a positive. God the Dems suck at politics lol. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.2    3 years ago
Good luck with the midterms....the Dems are trending downward lately.

How many votes for Biden?

How many votes for Trump?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.1.4    3 years ago

We have trouble being down and dirty like the republicans . . .

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.7  Krishna  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.1.4    3 years ago
God the Dems suck at politics lol.

Exactly!

And because they suck so much...well, that's obviously the reason Biden lost the presidential race-- by a wide margin!-- and trump was re-elected!

(Oh-- and did I mention-- that Trump not only won the 2020 election-- but he won it by a YUGE margin!)

And that's why....

the Dems suck at politics lol.

LOL!!!

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Krishna @1.1.7    3 years ago

Well, Krish, after all Biden's opponent was Trump without his aces of economy and a content electorate.    If I were running for PotUS that would be the kind of weak opponent I would want to face.   Especially if the opponent comes off like a total asshole at the debate.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.7    3 years ago

Yep, sleepy Joe never came out of the basement, never had an actual rally, didn't contravene the Hatch Act, didn't steal musicians' music, didn't attack China in every possible way except an invasion, wasn't a seasoned showman at the first debate, never even had a fly sitting on his head yet........what happened???.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    3 years ago

There certainly is no reasoning with people who hold this mindset.    This is the problem of believing something simply because you wish it were true and/or because some authority says it is true.

Critical thinking is superior to gut emotional 'feelings'.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @2    3 years ago

Ok...right now I'm wishing real hard for a pony.....

DRAT! Didn't work!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2  Krishna  replied to  TᵢG @2    3 years ago
Critical thinking is superior to gut emotional 'feelings'.

Not on social media sites!!!

(And that's the reason why when the far right posts their nutty conspiracy theories-- seeds that would soon disappear-- so many Dems go out of their way to keep that MAGA craziness on the front page by obsessively posting comments).

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    3 years ago

'We will never accept another vote again, ever'...unless their candidate wins?

There was only one semi sane voice in the whole thing.

How these people cannot be embarrassed I will never understand. They are making fools of themselves.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @3    3 years ago

How these people cannot be embarrassed I will never understand. They are making fools of themselves.

The Democrats taught them well

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    3 years ago

Ignoring your deflection,  do you not see why these people should be embarrassed to claim that Trump won?   How about the lady who 'has faith' that Trump will be inaugurated on the 20th?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.1    3 years ago

Well over half of Republicans believed that Barack Obama was born in Kenya , Africa. 

Many "conservatives" believe Hillary and Bill Clinton have had dozens of people murdered. 

A majority of Republicans believe Joe Biden has dementia and will be replaced almost immediately by Kamala Harris. 

They have been fed conspiracy propaganda for decades. Some of them no longer live in the real world when it comes to politics. 

And thats not even getting into the QAnon conspiracy which has infected the political right. 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.1    3 years ago

It gets just more insane...

out in the wilds of the QAnon conspiracy community, the process might not even matter: Pence, some argued, might be a body double, put in place by a Satanic cabal to further its plots.

Sadly there are probably people that believe this...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.6  TᵢG  replied to    3 years ago

You have had a string of negative meta comments directed at me lately.   You do not see me attacking you with meta so clearly it is not reciprocation.  So what is with this behavior MUVA?

Why is it that you cannot just comment on the content?   If you disagree with my assessment on these people then put forth your argument.   Provide facts and reason as to why these people are correct and should be proud of their positions.

Try making a point about the content instead of directly going to negative personal meta.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.7  JBB  replied to    3 years ago

Trump left with the largest deficit in history!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.8  author  JohnRussell  replied to    3 years ago

I have seen Biden speak, at some length , numerous times over the past months, without using a teleprompter. I have yet to see any signs of diminished mental capacity or prolonged confusion that might be associated with dementia. He looks like a normal person in their mid to late 70's. 

Doctored or highly edited videos do not stand a chance against actually observing the man speaking and carrying out his activities. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  JBB @3.1.7    3 years ago

And that is true even if we factor COVID-19 out of it.   Trump's deficit spending continued to rise (as it did with prior presidents).   So he did not succeed in getting spending under control (even if COVID-19 had not happened).

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.8    3 years ago

Amazing to me that they can yell and scream that Biden does not have all his faculties yet cheer on and praise a person that actually believes in conspiracy theories.

Projection I say. The one they back actually seems to have some sort of dementia so claim it is the other guy.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @3.1.10    3 years ago

I remain concerned about Biden's mental acuity, but I would take a diminished sharpness over irresponsible narcissism any day.   Trump actively damages this nation.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Tessylo  replied to    3 years ago

What makes you the judge of who needs the money?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.17  TᵢG  replied to    3 years ago
I’m commenting on your ironclad claims and opinions.

Except you are focused on me personally instead of the content.  

Remember I think you told me this this is a comment site and your opinions might be commented on.

So do that MUVA.   Make an argument about the content and not about the individuals.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.18  TᵢG  replied to    3 years ago
Remember Congress has ok the spending he signed into law.

Correct.   What is your point?   That Congress is complicit?   Yes, they absolutely are.   Trump is too.   Right?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.19  Thrawn 31  replied to    3 years ago
Man this really seems to burn your ass that people have different opinions or claims just think there is somewhere someone thinking the exact same thing about some of what you claim.

I thought you were gone for a month or whatever? 

Anyways, this isn't having a different opinion, this is ignoring reality. All the states have certified their results, no lawsuit has successfully argued that the results aren't valid, and those making the claims have provided exactly NO evidence in support of them, and yet these people are insisting that Trump won when literally every authority and every bit of evidence definitively says the opposite.

If it were just a few idiots that would be one thing, but when it is millions of idiots and some of them actually hold elected office then it is a threat to functional government, which in turn is a threat to society as a whole. Sadly thanks to social media I am forced to take dip shits like these seriously. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.22  Thrawn 31  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.17    3 years ago
So do that MUVA.   Make an argument about the content and not about the individuals.  

Don't waste your time. You may as well be asking for evidence of mass voter fraud. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.25  Thrawn 31  replied to    3 years ago
Just think how I feel people actually believe you can fix all problems with tax and spending your way out of it and there is way more of them.

Well, you should have some income if you are going to be spending money. So how do you feel about the current GOP fiscal policy of trillion $ deficits? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.26  Tessylo  replied to    3 years ago
"it’s pretty plain and simple"

No, as usual, it's not. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.28  Ozzwald  replied to    3 years ago

President and the congress pass massive spending bills.I would cut the government to the bone if I had my way get rid of every bit of pork and graft no matter how’s pork and graft it is. 

Biggest pork producer is the Department of Defense.  You cutting their budget?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.28    3 years ago

We certainly could.

I am not a big fan of $600 hammers or $1000 toilet seats, are you?

Or planes, tanks, and ships that are virtually obsolete by the time the contracts are finally fulfilled?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.31  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

Nope--didn't even have to cash it--it was directly deposited in my savings account!

BTW, what does that have to do with cutting the military budget?

If I don't get my check, will Defense get the money?

Are you looking for an argument with me on something?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.33  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

So now you want to just change the subject.

Ok, no more talk of defense spending it is!

Have you alerted your Congressional reps that you are against stimulus checks going to people who make less than a certain amount?

That no matter what, you don't want the GOP Senate to act upon the Democratic House bill upping the amounts?

And who decides who is undeserving?  You?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.35  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

Then why didn't you address your original remark to JBB, TiG, Muva, or Ozzwald, as they ALL made comments about spending and deficits?

I think you are just trying to troll me. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.36  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.29    3 years ago
We certainly could.

That doesn't answer the question.  You said that YOU would cut government to the bone, does that include the Department of Defense?

Never seen one, and neither have you.  It is a myth, your claim never happened.

The myth of the $600 hammer

Or planes, tanks, and ships that are virtually obsolete by the time the contracts are finally fulfilled?

Again, a claim by you that I cannot find any basis in reality.  Even if they exist, which side do you think is supporting those purchases?  Republican or Democrat?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.37  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.36    3 years ago
That doesn't answer the question.  You said that YOU would cut government to the bone, does that include the Department of Defense?

Why are you acting confused?

here is your post:

To which I replied:

We certainly could.

See, you specifically asked if I was cutting the Defense budget. I answered, so why are you pretending otherwise?

WTF do you think I meant in my comment?

And here--alert the news media they have all been fooled--every last one of them publishing the following stories:

The Long, Expensive History of Defense Rip-Offs – Mother Jones

The Pentagon's Bottomless Money Pit - Rolling Stone

Congress’s version of the $640 toilet seat - The Boston Globe

Dept. of Hundred-Dollar Toilet Seats - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Pentagon Wastes Billions on Contractors and Lack of Oversight While Searching for Cuts | US News

The Air Force’s $10,000 toilet cover - The Washington Post

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.36    3 years ago
You said that YOU would cut government to the bone,

Really? 

I said that?

Care to quote me or at LEAST tell me what post you claim I said it in?

if you actually bother to go read the posts, and who wrote them, you would have discovered that was Muva's post.

Please stop attributing things I don't say to me.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.39  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.37    3 years ago
Why are you acting confused?

English is a precise language.  I asked if you WOULD, your reply was that you COULD.  Doesn't answer the question on whether you WOULD or not.

Understand???

See, you specifically asked if I was cutting the Defense budget. I answered, so why are you pretending otherwise?

You didn't answer, see above...

WTF do you think I meant in my comment?

Who The Fuck knows?  Since, once again, you are refusing answers to clarify it.

And here--alert the news media they have all been fooled--every last one of them publishing the following stories

Congratulations, you found some examples THAT YOU NEVER CITED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.40  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.38    3 years ago
Really?  I said that?

No, but since you ONCE AGAIN butted your face into someone else's conversation, I assumed that you supported his claim.  If not then butt the fuck out, MUVA and I were conversing.

Please stop attributing things I don't say to me.

Then please stop butting into other people's conversations.  Or own up to the statements of the person you are trying, but failing, to support.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.41  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.39    3 years ago
English is a precise language.  I asked if youWOULD, your reply was that youCOULD.  Doesn't answer the question on whether youWOULDor not. Understand???

I am sorry--I forgot that some very fine folks require the exact words every single time about every little thing. Seems to me you could have easily surmised that I would be happy to cut some of the Defense budget. A clue would have been me saying I wasn't a fan of expensive hammers and toilet seats, and things that are virtually obsolete by the time some of the contracts are fulfilled.

Here, and I hope it is precise enough for you to understand:

I would cut the Defense Budget if I could. I would also cut the overall government budget--get rid of some waste.

If you still don't know where I stand, oh well.

And I listed those sources since you made this comment:

Again, a claim by you that I cannot find any basis in reality.  Even if they exist,

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.42  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.40    3 years ago
No, but since you ONCE AGAIN butted your face into someone else's conversation, I assumed that you supported his claim.  If not then butt the fuck out, MUVA and I were conversing.

That is how open forums work, you know.

Get over it.

Then please stop butting into other people's conversations.  Or own up to the statements of the person you are trying, but failing, to support.

Again, you realize that this is an open forum, right?

If I choose to comment, I will--just like YOU do.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.43  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.41    3 years ago
I am sorry--I forgot that some very fine folks require the exact words every single time about every little thing.

With the English language, one letter can change the entire meaning of a word.  The 2 words "could" and "would" have completely different meanings.  Do I need to continue up to 2nd grade vocabulary, or do you understand?

I would cut the Defense Budget if I could.

Congratulations!  You answered a question!!  Did it hurt???

And I listed those sources since you made this comment: Again, a claim by you that I cannot find any basis in reality.  Even if they exist,

You mean a comment I made directed at your claim of obsolete planes and ships?  Another claim of yours that your links DID NOT ADDRESS???

See you make a statement, I respond to that statement, then (again) you try to take my response and apply to something else entirely.  Your debate/argument skills are insincere and fallacious.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.44  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.43    3 years ago
Do I need to continue up to 2nd grade vocabulary, or do you understand?

I have no idea what it is you need, nor is it important to me.

We're done here.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.45  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.36    3 years ago

To be honest.... back in the 1980s, a TTL IC chip 7400, quad nandgate was listed at $102.00 each in the Army/Navy supply system, and something I could have gotten from Radio Shack for .19-cents.....

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.46  Ozzwald  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1.45    3 years ago
To be honest

I've never denied that there are cases like you mention.  I just needed to point out that once again Texan1211 made false claims and tried to pass them off as fact. 

I just don't know if he/she is unwilling, or unable, to do a simple Google search to confirm that their claim has even a modicum of truth to it.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.48  Krishna  replied to    3 years ago
By the way Joe probably does have dementia

Link?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.49  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1.45    3 years ago

"You don't actually think they spent $20,000 on a hammer, $30,000 on a toilet seat, do you?"  (Julius Levinson - Independence Day)

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2  Krishna  replied to  Ender @3    3 years ago

How these people cannot be embarrassed I will never understand.

Well, for starters, they are obviously not too bright....

They are making fools of themselves.

Let's hope they continue.....jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 years ago

I had to laugh at the headline. If CNN talks to Trump supporters and none of the tune in, do they hear it?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    3 years ago

You are correct in a specific way. The headline , which I took from the video, should have fully read " CNN Reporter Speaks To Trump Supporters".... 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 years ago

Exactly! 

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2  Ender  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    3 years ago

I am actually surprised they didn't start chanting fake news.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    3 years ago

If CNN talks to Trump supporters and none of the tune in, do they hear it?

Nobody does it as well as Jordan Klepper.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3    3 years ago
Nobody does it as well as Jordan Klepper.

I tend to agree, but the CNN clips I posted are from yesterday, whereas the Jordan Klepper clips are mostly older, some of it dating back to 2016. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.3.3  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.2    3 years ago
I tend to agree, but the CNN clips I posted are from yesterday, whereas the Jordan Klepper clips are mostly older, some of it dating back to 2016. 

Believe me, I agree with you. 

But Klepper is a high bar to beat, and I am not talking about the specifics, I mean the manner in which he handles the interviews.  He is the best at showing their utter hypocrisy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.4  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.3    3 years ago

There is a much more recent one than that - 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.4  Krishna  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    3 years ago
If CNN talks to Trump supporters and none of the tune in, do they hear it?

Only if we seed it on NT! jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    3 years ago

Here's another good one, more recent also - some scary folks there - those guys almost knock him over with their giant tRump flag and they give him a hard time about standing on it . . . 

Only the best and brightest supporting tRump!

You got to watch it right up to the end.  The woman says 'I have one word . . . ' and Jordan's rebuttal . . . . freaking hilarious!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @5    3 years ago

One of the single stupidest things some Trump backers say, as a guy in this video does, is that Trump would have won the popular vote if you dont count California. Even though it is a completely stupid argument, I have seen many Trumpsters say it over the years. They said the same thing in 2016. 

The popular vote is a national total.  It has nothing to do with state totals from ANY state. One could just as easily and accurately say that Biden's margin of popular vote victory cam from New York, or Illinois or Massachusetts or from any state . You could even say that the 7 million more votes that Biden got (than Trump) came from states Biden lost.  Because in a popular vote total the votes come from everywhere at once. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    3 years ago
One of the single stupidest things some Trump backers say, as a guy in this video does, is that Trump would have won the popular vote if you dont count California.

To that claim, I always reply that Hillary would have won if you discounted Russia.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    3 years ago

There is just too much stupidity in these videos to comment on.   The rest of the planet must believe that we are all fools.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Suz @5.1.3    3 years ago
Like what I see in the comments throughout this entire thread?  Yours and mine included.

Where do you see stupidity in my comments?

Well, since all of you keep repeating yourselves, why wouldn't they?

What?   I am talking about videos of fringe Trump supporters continuing this 'Stop the Steal' nonsense that is seen by the rest of the planet.   What are you talking about?   NewsTalkers?

I sense hostility from you Suz.   Why?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.4    3 years ago

I sense hostility from you Suz.   Why?

Frustration that there is ZERO court admissible evidence to backup what they and Trump want to believe... That Trump won the election.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    3 years ago

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
7  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

There’s no reasoning with butthurt rednecks.  The old fucktard in the video says “show us the ballots, show us the voting machines”.  What is that even supposed to mean?  You could march them through the entire voting process and let them inspect every instrument, and they’d say “show us what you’re hiding”, or “prove Biden didn’t cheat”.  This probably won’t end well, but if there’s going to be a violent challenge to the federal government there’s no question which side will shed the most blood.  Natural selection in real time.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1  TᵢG  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @7    3 years ago

One common denominator is that nobody can support their claims.   They are all worked up into a frenzy based on talking points that they can barely remember and are incapable of defending even at level one.   It is pathetic.   I just hope beyond hope (wishfully) that these people really are a tiny minority of the electorate.   jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
7.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  TᵢG @7.1    3 years ago

I just hope beyond hope (wishfully) that these people really are a tiny minority of the electorate.  

If they aren’t, then we really are living in the movie Idiocracy.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
7.1.2  pat wilson  replied to  TᵢG @7.1    3 years ago
these people really are a tiny minority of the electorate

When you look at the behavior of the majority of House Republicans I'd have to say your hopes are in vain.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  pat wilson @7.1.2    3 years ago

Well now I hope you are wrong.  jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg