╌>

Arkansas Man Identifies Himself as Trump Supporter Who Sat in Pelosi's Office, Claims He Left Her a Quarter

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  33 comments

By:   Alberto Luperon (MSN)

Arkansas Man Identifies Himself as Trump Supporter Who Sat in Pelosi's Office, Claims He Left Her a Quarter
A hell of a lot happened Wednesday in Washington D.C., as supporters of President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol Building as Congress attempted to certify election college results. One moment in particular stood out: a man was seen putting a foot on a desk in the office of House Speaker and common Trump target Nancy Pelosi. He has been identified as Arkansas man Richard "Bigo" Barnett, 60. The post Arkansas Man Identifies Himself as Trump...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A hell of a lot happened on Wednesday in Washington D.C., where supporters of President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol Building as Congress attempted to count the Electoral College votes and certify Joe Biden's victory. One moment in particular stood out: a man was seen putting a foot on a desk in the office of House Speaker and common Trump target Nancy Pelosi . He has been identified as Arkansas man Richard "Bigo" Barnett , 60.

He insisted to New York Times reporter Matthew Rosenberg that he did not actually steal the envelope that he took from Pelosi's office because he left the Speaker a quarter.

That's Richard "Bigo" Barnett, 60, from Gravette, Ak., showing off the personalized envelope he took from Speaker Pelosi's office. He insisted he didn't steal it — "I left a quarter on her desk." pic.twitter.com/aST7MCoRwP
— Matthew Rosenberg (@AllMattNYT) January 6, 2021

The commonly shared picture on social media shows him with his foot on a desk. People often interpreted this as being the speaker's, but Pelosi's daughter Christine Pelosi said it was not.

Not her desk. The Trump rioter did vandalize her office. The trash will be removed and the seditionists will be prosecuted. https://t.co/uablvzMXNt
— Christine Pelosi (@sfpelosi) January 6, 2021

Reporters with KNWA and Fox 24 said they recognized Barnett, and confirmed his identity with members of the Benton County Republicans in Arkansas.

Barnett, a resident of Gravette, Arkansas repeated his quarter story to 5 News Online. He said he was sitting at the desk, and found himself to be bleeding on the envelope.

"I picked up the envelope, and put it in my pocket, and I put a quarter on the desk," he said. "Because I'm not a thief."

The post Arkansas Man Identifies Himself as Trump Supporter Who Sat in Pelosi's Office, Claims He Left Her a Quarter first appeared on Law & Crime.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

"I picked up the envelope, and put it in my pocket, and I put a quarter on the desk," he said. "Because I'm not a thief."

Well, Mr. Bigo Barnett, you go right ahead and think you're slick.  But that envelope is addressed to someone other than you.  Stealing mail is a federal offense.  

The penalty for theft or receipt of stolen mail is  imprisonment not more than 5 years  or a fine or both in accordance with 18 U.S. Code § 1708. The fines can be up to $250,000. source

Looks like 'Bigo' is a straight up idiot.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

Oh he is definitely an idiot, he actually showed up to this thing and believes dumbass Trump (you have to be incredibly stupid to believe him) and if he thinks the envelope is the biggest problem he faces then he is even dumber than I imagined. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

Tack on charges for criminal trespassing and this moron will be going away for a long time.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2    3 years ago

Tack on charges for criminal trespassing and this moron will be going away for a long time.

He may remain comfortable with his for another 13 days.  Then the FBI may come a knocking...

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
“’Tis some visitor,” I muttered, “tapping at my chamber door—
 Only this and nothing more.”

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

He must have too many Darwin Award applications pending.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.3.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  1stwarrior @1.3    3 years ago

If he lived long enough to preproduce, he's disqualified from the Darwin Award.  He might get honorable mention though.....

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    3 years ago

I'm sure he thinks it's funny, but it's not. It's violent, invasive, and creepy.

60 years old! You think he'd be old enough to know better. Old enough to have outgrown juvenile behavior like this. Maybe more than anything, I am amazed at the age of some of these people.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @2    3 years ago
60 years old! You think he'd be old enough to know better.

Not at all. He showed up to this thing in the first place, he is a fucking idiot. He needs to be sent to prison, all of those people do to send a message that insurrection will not be tolerated. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1    3 years ago
He needs to be sent to prison

That's what blows my mind. He is going to prison, I expect. He must have known that. I mean, does he really think he'll get probation for this? This is a guy who has decided he just doesn't have anything to lose, I guess.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

That's a great defence for a lawyer to try in court to defend a thief: "He didn't STEAL that diamond ring, He left a quarter there to pay for it."  LOL.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Charge him with  whatever crimes can be proven.

I’m sure Kamala Harris and liberal celebrities  who spent the summer bailing out Molotov cocktail throwers, arsonists and looters will be rushing to pay his bail and complaining about how unjust it is to imprison those exercising their first amendment rights to protest “mostly peacefulLy”

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    3 years ago
Charge him with  whatever crimes can be proven.

Let's start with trespassing and move up from there.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Someone told me that the moron Facebook Trumpsters are claiming that any violent or criminal activity yesterday in the capital building was done by antifa actors.  Trumpsters need to spread the word that Bigo is Arkansas antifa!!!  Get him!!!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    3 years ago

And the same progressives  who laugh at those claims will turn around and tell you with a straight face that all the violence at the left wing riots over the summer were perpetrated by “outside agitators” and “right wing provocateurs.”

funny stuff indeed.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.1    3 years ago

And right there you have it. Antifa was there. And what are they known for? Shit just like this.......to stir up shit and not, like last summer, peacefully do anything but.

LOL indeed

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.2    3 years ago

Antifa was there.

Are you high?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.3    3 years ago

No are you? Did you not just post that they dressed in black to blend in with Antifa? Why yes, yes you did.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1.5  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.4    3 years ago

Uhhh ... intending to blend in with antifa does not magically place antifa at the scene.  Come back with some evidence of antifa being there, especially dressed in black as these douchebags expected.  I know that you guys are anti-evidence and pro-conspiracy, but evidence is required to be taken seriously.  That is why Trump and the republicans just got neutered at the federal level.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.5    3 years ago
intending to blend in with antifa does not magically place antifa at the scene.

How does one blend in with something that isn't there? For you to believe they weren't there is disingenuous. They followed every opportunity to "participate" in every damned protest this year and beyond across the nation. And .............

"I know you that you guys are anti-evidence and pro-conspiracy, "

First, who is "you guys"? And no, I don't believe conspiracy theories with no merit. But, unlike many here, I don't totally dismiss theories just because someone says that's what it is. Don't pretend to know me. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.5    3 years ago

1081684561_0:0:3072:1931_700x440_80_0_0_8e7a7e612a0f9587a2ed2748eac794f8.jpg.webp

A Washington Times article that echoed claims pushed by the far right did not prove that antifa supporters were part of the mob at the Capitol.

— Representative  Matt   Gaetz , Republican of Florida

False.

Soon after a pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol on Wednesday, members of the far right began pushing the unfounded claim that the mob was made up of liberal activists only posing as Trump supporters.

Several posts on social media shared by thousands of people held up photographs as evidence that supporters of antifa — a loosely organized collective of antifascist activists — were behind the unrest. The far right website The Washington Times published an article that said two men seen in photos from inside the Capitol matched two antifa members from Philadelphia.

But those images did not, in fact, reveal antifa involvement. Instead, some of the photographs, and the information contained in them, were matched to an antifa site intended to expose known individuals in the neo-Nazi movement.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.6    3 years ago
How does one blend in with something that isn't there?

You like ignoring inconvenient words.

intend
verb [ T ]
UK  /ɪnˈtend/ US  /ɪnˈtend/

B1
to have as a plan or purpose:
[ + to infinitive ] We intend to go to Australia next year.
Somehow I offended him, which wasn't what I'd intended.
[ + obj + to infinitive ] I don't think she intended me to hear the remark.
The course is intended for intermediate-level students.
It was intended as a compliment, honestly!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1.9  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.6    3 years ago

And yet here you are defending yet another baseless conspiracy theory - on an article demonstrating actual evidence that it was garbage Trump supporters that broke into the capital building and engaged in violence and destruction.  This just goes to show how impossible it is to reason with the right.  It’s one excuse after another - the more you get proven wrong, the more deranged and implausible your conspiracies get.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.9    3 years ago
And yet here you are defending yet another baseless conspiracy theory

You have a comprehension problem. I said "with no merit" and THAT is not what this is. It is based on past "performance" of that group and, with their history of just being there, is an indication that there may be some merit in antifa's participation. 
That you poo poo it due to the inconvenience of having actually admit that this wasn't all Trump supporters causing the violence/destruction is again, disingenuous. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.8    3 years ago

I am positive you think you have a point there. Sadly, as is a normal practice for a few members here, some concentrate on one word to super analyze trying to prove their intellectual superiority with their comments.

Not getting involved with that type of bullshit. It is meant only to antagonize and assume proof of the sense of "I am right and you are stupid"

Ain't buying what you're selling.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1.12  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.10    3 years ago

You have a comprehension problem. I said "with no merit" and THAT is not what this is.

Does this sound familiar??

And right there you have it. Antifa was there.”

Your words, completely unsubstantiated.  As I said - impossible to reason with.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.11    3 years ago
I am positive you think you have a point there. Sadly, as is a normal practice for a few members here, some concentrate on one word to super analyze trying to prove their intellectual superiority with their comments.

1 word can change the meaning of the entire sentence (in the English language).  In your case, that is while you completely ignored the word "intending".

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
5.1.14  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.3    3 years ago
Are you high?

tenor.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.12    3 years ago

I fear you wouldn't know reason from a raisin............but I digress

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.13    3 years ago
In your case, that is while you completely ignored the word "intending".

And as is the norm, you concentrate on it.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.17  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.16    3 years ago
And as is the norm, you concentrate on it.

[deleted]  That one word changed the entire meaning of the sentence.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.2    3 years ago

The headline that Hal posted means that the Proud Boys thought and/or expected antifa to be there. So far no evidence has shown that they were.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1    3 years ago

The majority of the violence during the protests was done by outside agitators and right wing white supremacists, the same morons/domestic terrorists that did what happened at the Capitol Wednesday.