╌>

Governor Hogan (R-Md) explains what really happened when the rioters attacked the Capitol

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 years ago  •  55 comments

By:   WUSA9

Governor Hogan (R-Md) explains what really happened when the rioters attacked the Capitol
Maryland's requests to deploy National Guard to Capitol were repeatedly denied

I've been following this story closely, but all the news coverage I saw never said why law enforcement did such a terrible job in containing the rioters. (Especially strange because as our nation's capitol they frequently deal with all sorts demonstrations-- and have for decades).

I've never seen many of these facts in all the other news coverage of this that I saw. But finally, after watching this video, I understood what actually happened.

There's lot of info-- including the "bombshell he dropped" on the topic of Trump. But unfortunately you have to watch the entire video to learn all the facts.

P.S. I couldn't get the video to embed and the versions on Youtube have omitted important parts of it, so if you want to see it you have to click on the link to the article)

Related: here's a seed about another politician who's also taken a strong stand for the highest values. (And  also a Republican):

Arnold Schwarzenegger Delivers A Message

My message to my fellow Americans and friends around the world following this week's attack on the Capitol.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Click HERE to see the video.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

I highly recommend watching the entire video-- its well worth it. 

Lots of information there i haven't seen elsewhere

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    3 years ago

I was able to watch the whole video as it was not a YouTube, and I can see why a State that is blue would keep the Republican Hogan as their Governor.  What I believe from what I hear is that it was Trump himself who most likely told his toady Secretary of Defense to hold off providing permission for the Maryland National Guard to proceed.  It fits with Pence's refusal to accept Pelosi's phone call about the 25th Amendment.  Why should I NOT believe it - after all, Trump INSTIGATED the insurrection.  What a sorry POS Trump is. 

In light of all this, what surprises me the most is that there are members of NT who STILL support Trump.  I do not disagree with all conservative views, I have some myself and in fact have been a supporter of the Canadian and Ontario Conservative Parties for the past 40 years, yet still accept that Trudeau is my Prime Minister. and I agree with the fact that the Republicans should have the right to provide the checks and balances to Biden's policies.  There is nothing wrong with being a conservative and defending conservative policies but what is beyond my comprehension is that ANYONE WITH A BRAIN IN HIS HEAD AND ANY COMMON SENSE WHATSOEVER CAN STILL, AT THIS POINT, SUPPORT TRUMP.,

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    3 years ago
What I believe from what I hear is that it was Trump himself who most likely told his toady Secretary of Defense to hold off providing permission for the Maryland National Guard to proceed. 

Exactly!

(And that sums up the most important point of the entire video)

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    3 years ago
What I believe from what I hear is that it was Trump himself who most likely told his toady Secretary of Defense to hold off providing permission for the Maryland National Guard to proceed.  It fits with Pence's refusal to accept Pelosi's phone call about the 25th Amendment.  Why should I NOT believe it - after all, Trump INSTIGATED the insurrection.  What a sorry POS Trump is. 

I think you're right-- on all counts!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

. . .  the "bombshell he dropped" on the topic of Trump.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
6  Old Hermit    3 years ago

I was impressed with how passionate he felt about the desecration of the invaders and his contempt for Trump.

Based on Gov. Hogan's timeline report, sounds like Trump had nothing to do with FINALLY getting approval for the National Guard deployment.

video is just under 19 minutes, informative watch.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Old Hermit @6    3 years ago

You don’t call the Trump administration, you wait for him to call you to demand your assistance in whatever suits his personal desires.

On a side note, I watched this last night and, like always, I couldn’t even concentrate on what Hogan was saying because of that sign language guy.  That was some of the most sarcastic looking stuff I’ve ever seen.  It’s hard to believe that that is a serious way of communicating.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1    3 years ago
I couldn’t even concentrate on what Hogan was saying because of that sign language guy.

I had no problem at all.

Suggestion: Watch the video again-- this time with the sound turned on! jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.1.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Krishna @6.1.1    3 years ago

My wife also mentioned how wild his facial expressions are.  I get that it’s a big part of sign language, I just struggle to get used to it.  It’s like visual Tourettes.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna @6.1.1    3 years ago

I was doing something else at the same time. No need to watch a guy standing behind a rostrum...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1.2    3 years ago

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.1.5  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.4    3 years ago

Now that’s funny.  I’m not sure Hollywood can even get away with that anymore.  Mocking any disability is now taboo.

Deep thought:  I wonder how they express humor in sign language.

MalamuteMan
Professor Quiet
6.1.6  MalamuteMan  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1.5    3 years ago

Mocking any disability is now taboo.

NOW?!?!?!?!? It NEVER should be and never should have been acceptable to mock a disability or a person with a disability.

It is difficult to choose the very worst things Trump has done. There are so many, but mocking someone with a disability has got to be way up near the top. I think he did this even before he was elected. Trump is the very worst of humanity.

I do my best to avoid being hateful... but I gotta admit, I hate Trump. 

Mocking any disability is a bad thing for a sophomoric junior high looser. But a grown man... the President of the United States... it is beyond comprehension... and it is beyond my comprehension that he was actually elected. Worse yet, that after all he has done, I fail to understand why 74 million people still think he is just what they want. That makes evident that there is deep deep trouble in America.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  Tessylo  replied to  Old Hermit @6    3 years ago

Everyone there was in danger thanks to tRump's mob and it took 90 minutes to get the okay.  Unacceptable.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    3 years ago
Unacceptable

To the point that I have a very hard time imagining that it was not intentional.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.1    3 years ago

The stooges Trump emplaced at the Pentagon and in the Defense department froze and delayed.

Finally a Sec Army called.  Probably his last official act...

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.2    3 years ago

True. Honorable action gets you fired in the Trump Administration.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.1    3 years ago

Of course it was intentional.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.5  Split Personality  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.3    3 years ago

Trump just got thrown off Twitter again for re-regging.

CMTSU !

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.6  Bob Nelson  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.5    3 years ago

Gosh!

Do you mean he tried to cheat??

Unbelievable!

It sure is a good thing that Twitter caught it. D'ya think maybe they were expecting something...?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.7  Split Personality  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.6    3 years ago

Apparently there's an unused POTUS account that he used to rant and rave about all the wrongs against him.

Since it was not official WH business they deleted the messages.

Wow...

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.8  Bob Nelson  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.7    3 years ago

Does anyone else have the impression that the social media corporations are piling on, now that it's almost over?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.9  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.5    3 years ago

CMTSU !

It struck me that CMTSU is often similar in meaning to "SMH"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.5    3 years ago
Trump just got thrown off Twitter again for re-regging.

NO Shit?  Seriously?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.2.11  cjcold  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.10    3 years ago

Seems he can't stand not having a bully pulpit. 

Wonder how well he'll do in prison with his rants?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.12  seeder  Krishna  replied to  cjcold @6.2.11    3 years ago
Seems he can't stand not having a bully pulpit.  Wonder how well he'll do in prison with his rants?

Will they let him post his inflammatory bullshit on the Internet while he's in prison?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Old Hermit @6    3 years ago
I was impressed with how passionate he felt about the desecration of the invaders and his contempt for Trump.

Often people tend to over-generalize-- for example, stereotyping all Republicans-- or all Democrats as have identical opinions. But of course that's an inaccurate and misleading way to look at things.

(I wish had more politicians like Gov. Hogan!!!)

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.3.1  cjcold  replied to  Krishna @6.3    3 years ago

This independent centrist worries about extremists from the far right and far left.

Used to be in the SDS and knew weather folk as a kid. They went too far at times.

All extremists who operate under emotion rather than logic tend to go too far. 

Trump's sub 100 IQ minions that he sent to attack congress were all fascist tools.

Yet another of the many crimes Trump will be prosecuted for after 1/20.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  cjcold @6.3.1    3 years ago
Used to be in the SDS and knew weather folk as a kid.

I used to be quite an activist in those days.I never actually joined the SDS, but knew a lot of them. Worked together with them and on some issues...Also with people in the  SPU (Student Peace Union) WRL (War Resisters League). SNCC, CORE (Core was much more radical back then )And the Quakers.

IIRC The Weatherman were really a bit nuts...

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.3.2    3 years ago

I had always thought Dylan's "You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" was inspired by the actual group The Weatherman-- but it might be just the opposite?

This phrase is famously used in  Subterranean Homesick Blues by Bob Dylan. The metaphor itself is so simple and powerful I'm sure it would've been a proverb by now had we weather forecasts a couple of hundred years ago. Now imagine my surprise when I learned that Dylan apparently coined the phrase himself ( Read it all)

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Old Hermit @6    3 years ago
Based on Gov. Hogan's timeline report, sounds like Trump had nothing to do with FINALLY getting approval for the National Guard deployment.

I think its pretty certain he didn't. 

In fact it was his chief sycophant over at the defense Dept.that deliberately refused permission for Hogan to send in the Guard.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7  Bob Nelson    3 years ago

After listening to this, it seems blatant that "someone" wanted the rioters to overrun the Capitol. 

It simply is not possible for career law enforcement officers to be incompetent to this extent.

I hope the FBI is still seaworthy.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     3 years ago

Kudos to Hogan and the police and NG

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Kavika @8    3 years ago

Maryland is crazy-blue... and Hogan is an R. Here we see why he gets elected by WIDE margins.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Bob Nelson @8.1    3 years ago

Exactly.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Bob Nelson @8.1    3 years ago

You got it!  I'm a Marylander and Hogan has been coming through for us all these years.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.2    3 years ago

Damn, now I'm craving crab cakes, lol

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8.1.4  Bob Nelson  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.3    3 years ago

Oh...

... oh...

... Chesapeake Bay steamed crabs...

Oh!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Bob Nelson @8.1.4    3 years ago

A booth just opened around the corner where they are selling fresh dressed oysters and scallops in their shells hot and ready to eat.  I will be frequenting it to make sure they stay in business.  I'll take a photo of it and their products next time I go to display on NT.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8.1.6  Bob Nelson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.5    3 years ago

yum

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.8  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson @8.1    3 years ago
Maryland is crazy-blue... and Hogan is an R. Here we see why he gets elected by WIDE margins.

Now that he's told the truth about Trump, I'm wondering if Trump is going to start perpetrating another of his Big Lies-- and if he will now claim that Hogan's election was marked by fraud?

Perhaps initiate a lawsuit attempting to have Hogan's last election over-turned?

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.9  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson @8.1    3 years ago

Here's perhaps the most important statement Governor Hogan made in the video:

So look, here's where I am.

I think that there's no question that America would be better off if the President would resign or be removed from office.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.3    3 years ago

And some Old Bay hon?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.11  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.10    3 years ago

I used to buy supplies as opposed to brokering them, anyway a Vendor on the Chesapeake used to send me crab cakes from G&M Restaurant in Linthicum Heights MD, on the Patapsco, right off 895

I just looked them up and the 8oz crab cake is $20 but the shipping is almost as much as the food order.

They were the best.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.12  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson @8.1    3 years ago

When the Republican Party "gets their act together", Hogan might be the sort of guy they'd nominate for President.(Personally, I'd vote for him!!!)

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.1.13  Kavika   replied to  Krishna @8.1.12    3 years ago

Hogan reminds me of a ''blue dog Dem''.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.14  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8.1.12    3 years ago

When the Republican Party "gets their act together",

Never say never!

There's no doubt in my mind that they will...eventually.

I don't know what it will take to make them change their evil ways-- probably another severe election defeat....(or two?)

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.15  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @8.1.13    3 years ago
Hogan reminds me of a ''blue dog Dem''.

He's a "red dog Republican"!

Thomas
Senior Guide
9  Thomas    3 years ago

One and a half hours???? I guess we're lucky that the rioters stopped to pose for selfies.

Krishna
Professor Expert
11  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Related: here's a seed about another politician who's also taken a strong stand for the highest values. (And who's  also a Republican):

Arnold Schwarzenegger Delivers A Message

My message to my fellow Americans and friends around the world following this week's attack on the Capitol.