╌>

FDA poised to ban menthol cigarettes this week, experts predict

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  3 years ago  •  73 comments

By:   Erika Edwards

FDA poised to ban menthol cigarettes this week, experts predict
Will the FDA ban menthol cigarettes? The FDA must decide this week whether it will begin the process of banning menthol tobacco products, which are primarily used by Black Americans.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Food and Drug Administration appears likely to move to ban menthol in cigarettes this week — a step, experts say, that has been years in the making and that could have a significant positive impact on the health of Black Americans.

The FDA's decision would not ban menthol immediately, but rather kick off the rule-making process to do so, which could take years.

"The winds are definitely in our favor," said Delmonte Jefferson, executive director of the Center for Black Health & Equity, citing both the decades of data that show that the cooling flavor in cigarettes makes it easier to start smoking combined with the current cultural momentum toward improving the lives of Black Americans.

nn_cbe_new_lung_cancer_screening_guidelines_210309_1920x1080.focal-760x428.jpg

New guidelines lower lung cancer screening age for high risk smokers

When inhaled, menthol produces a cooling sensation in the throat, reducing the harsh taste of cigarettes and the irritation of nicotine. The vast majority of Black smokers — 85 percent — use menthol cigarettes. And Black men and women are much less likely than white Americans to be diagnosed with lung cancer at an earlier, potentially more treatable stage. Black men have the highest lung cancer death rate in the country.

"When you combine high rates of smoking with systematic racism in health care systems, you have a tremendous health disparity," said Erika Sward, national assistant vice president for advocacy at the American Lung Association. Both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Institutes of Health recently announced plans to address structural racism in health care.

The FDA faces a Thursday court-ordered deadline to respond to a citizen petition sent to the agency in 2013 urging it to ban menthol as a flavor in cigarettes. When the FDA failed to act at the time, two groups — the African American Tobacco Control Leadership Council and Action on Smoking and Health — sued.

It's possible a decision could come earlier than Thursday. And because the lawsuit only mentions regular cigarettes, it's unclear whether electronic cigarettes and other tobacco products that contain menthol would be affected.

The FDA was poised to ban menthol flavoring in 2018 under the leadership of then-Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb, but failed to follow through. Gottlieb did not respond to a request for comment.

Some advocates of a menthol ban say a national focus on the Black Lives Matter movement may spur the agency to take action now.

"Covid-19 and the racial awakening we had last summer exposed the inequities in our system," Jefferson said. Menthol "is just another example of the health inequities that have plagued African Americans for generations."

"Personally, I am more optimistic about the FDA doing the right thing on menthol than I have been" in a decade, Sward said.

Others are less confident the FDA will act, including Pebbles Fagan, the director of the Center for the Study of Tobacco at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. It is possible that the agency could delay a response by asking the court for more time.

Even if a decision to start the banning process does come this week, Fagan said she was skeptical the move would be "prompted by the social issues that surfaced in 2020."

"It took a lawsuit for FDA to pay attention to this issue," she said.

If the FDA does decide to move forward with a ban, menthol will not disappear overnight. In essence, such an announcement would simply be a way to tell the public, as well as the tobacco industry, that the agency intends to ban the flavoring in cigarettes. The rule-making process would likely take several years to finalize and implement. That would provide time to boost smoking cessation programs targeting menthol smokers.

"Every smoker who uses menthol cigarettes needs help to quit," Sward said.

There is evidence that such a ban could pay public health dividends. A study published in the journal Tobacco Control this month examined how menthol cigarette bans enacted in Canada from 2016 to 2017 affected smokers.

While nearly 60 percent of surveyed menthol smokers switched to regular cigarettes, those who used menthol before the ban were significantly more likely to make multiple attempts to stop smoking. More than 20 percent were able to quit.

There was also evidence of reduced relapses among former smokers.

"The enormous success of the Canadian menthol ban makes it even clearer now that the U.S. should finally ban menthol," study author Geoffrey Fong said in an April 6 news release announcing the research.

"From our findings, we estimate that banning menthol cigarettes in the U.S. would lead an additional 923,000 smokers to quit, including 230,000 African American smokers," Fong, a professor of psychology and public health and health systems at the University of Waterloo in Ontario, said.

Other vulnerable groups might also benefit. LGBTQ communities also have higher rates of menthol tobacco use, as do adolescents.

"Literally half of the kids who smoke use menthol," said Matthew Myers, president of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids. "We would dramatically cut the number of kids who ever become tobacco users if they didn't have menthol as a pathway."

"Prohibiting the manufacture and sale of menthol cigarettes," Myers said, would have the greatest impact on public health "that the government has ever taken."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    3 years ago

I'm probably the rare smoker that won't even take a menthol if I was desperate for a cig. I can't stand menthols. The first cig I smoked was a classic Newport and the menthol gagged me. I'm a Winston girl here. It wasn't until last year that Winston started making a menthol... jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif Guess that was wasted effort if this goes through.

It's the toughest thing to give up; if I remember correctly Perrie, you quit in your 20s, so you know how tough it is to quit. Like the article stated, I've found that when a menthol smoker gives up the menthols, it appears that it's, ever-so-slightly easier to quit, because they usually can't stand the taste of tobacco without the menthol. The opposing is true for people that prefer regular tobacco; most people that smoke reg. cigs, won't switch to menthol to try and quit, because in my experience, it's simply unbearable. 

My stepdad is the rarity from what I've witnessed in my life... he used to smoke menthols and quit for a while and then ended up going back to it, but smokes reg. cigs now. He used to smoke Benson & Hedges once upon a time... they're so gross. 

I've been using fruity flavored disposable e-cigs most of the day now. I still have my Winstons, but I have been making a single pack last 2 days for the most part. I think it will be easier for me to give up nicotine if I slowly switch to e-cigs, because the fruity flavors aren't really what I want, but it keeps me from strangling someone throughout the day. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif If I can completely switch to fruity e-cigs, I can slowly ween myself off of them with Nicorette.

It's really difficult to completely quit when others are always smoking around you. My husband smokes, my mother, my stepdad, my dad, and my stepmom all smoke. My boss smokes.  It also doesn't help that my family [both sides] are genetic freaks that smoke and drink and still live to be in their 80s-90s without cancer.

My pappy [great grandfather] had emphysema, but was 89 when he passed... after decades of smoking heavily. My dad's dad smoked whatever cheap tobacco he could buy and drank beer nonstop for decades, died at 81 from cirrhosis. My grannie [my pappy's wife] didn't smoke very often, but was around it all those decades and died at 95 and her death certificate said "old age" as the reason. There's so many instances in my family like that... the ones that died "early" in their mid-late 70s, were non-smokers, rare drinkers, but they ate... a lot. They're the ones that had diabetes or heart issues.

Wow... sorry this was so long.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @1    3 years ago

I used to smoke MB UL 100's but every now and then, I enjoyed a menthol.  Now I smoke Black And Mild Jazz cigars.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
1.2.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2    3 years ago

When I was a relatively heavy binge drinker, I liked a Black and Mild on occasion.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.2.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2    3 years ago
Now I smoke Black And Mild Jazz cigars.

Pics or it just ain't true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @1    3 years ago

I started smoking as a teenager stealing packs of Salem's from my mother's husband. When I joined the Navy in the early 70's, in boot camp all we could get were gross lemon flavored 100's. Ultimately smoked a pack and a half a day for 30 years before finally going on the patch and quitting  in 2005. Have not had one since. Have craved one badly at times, especially when my wife and my only son passed away four months apart. But I knew if I picked one up and smoked it I would go right to smoking. Not worth the price.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.3.1  JBB  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3    3 years ago

Moving to NYC where a pack is $15 did it for me.

Phaedrus
Freshman Silent
1.3.2  Phaedrus  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3    3 years ago

My condolences for your loss, Doc. I lost my wife in 2009 but couldn't imagine having to go through losing a child so soon after...

CB
Professor Principal
1.4  CB  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @1    3 years ago

It wasn't long; you spoke your truth. And I am glad about it! (Smile.)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago

One of the smartest things I ever did was to not start smoking when I was young. I know numerous people who smoked and thought all was well until they hit their late 50's or 60's and then boom, lung cancer. Not many people survive lung cancer caused by smoking. 

I have a 43 year old nephew who has four beautiful kids under the age of 10.  I cringe every time he steps outside , at a family gathering, to smoke a cigarette. Now I guess he also vapes. 

He will go outside to smoke even if it is pouring rain or 10 below zero, it is an addiction obviously. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
2.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
One of the smartest things I ever did was to not start smoking when I was young.

Something that every smoker I know, wishes they'd never started in the first place.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

I wish I never started.  I smoked on and off since I was 16 and it seems like every time I quit, boom, I gain weight.  I quit for the last time almost two years ago.  

When I worked at a Rite Aid part time, a young girl said something jokingly about buying cigarettes.  I said DON'T.  I wish I never started.  

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
2.2.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    3 years ago

The weight gain is a mother effer, ain't it?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @2.2.1    3 years ago

It sucks!

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.3  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    3 years ago

I gained 30LB quitting that I'm struggling to lose.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

I hear you. When quit, I had a enlarged heart, high blood pressure, and cloudy looking lungs. Scared the crap out of me so I quit right after that. My last physical, my primary care doctor looked at chest X-ray and said I had the lungs and heart of a 30 to 40 year old that never smoked. I was damn lucky I quit when I did. Now I get to see my grandkids grow up and maybe see my great grandkids.

Thomas
Senior Guide
2.3.1  Thomas  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.3    3 years ago
Now I get to see my grandkids grow up and maybe see my great grandkids.

I can't think of a  better reason

Hallux
PhD Principal
3  Hallux    3 years ago

No idea if menthol flavored cigs are still available in Canada, the government stepped in when vanilla flavored cigs (they were quite yummy) started to flood the teen market.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.1  Freefaller  replied to  Hallux @3    3 years ago

They aren't available anymore

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Freefaller @3.1    3 years ago

That a good thing, neither is cocaine in a coke. Progress is often slow when corporations have armies of lobbyists dumping barrels of money on creepy politicians with their hands out.

Shouldn't the guv'mint chop their hands off?

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Freefaller  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @3.1.1    3 years ago
Shouldn't the guv'mint chop their hands off?

Seems a bit excessive to me

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4  FLYNAVY1    3 years ago

With all the damn data, and science involved with the negative impacts of cigarettes that has been available for decades, I cant understand why anybody starts smoking.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4    3 years ago

Unfortunately, since I was around it my entire life... long before I ever lit one myself, I used to sit and wish one of my parents would light up. I was addicted before I even started smoking. That's why I don't smoke around my kids.

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1.1  evilone  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @4.1    3 years ago

Both my parents were chain smokers. My 2 sisters are smokers, but my brother and I are not. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.1.2  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  evilone @4.1.1    3 years ago

Good for you [not snark or sarcasm, I'm being very genuine with that comment]. I wish I never picked up the habit. I actually wish that I'd gone to my room every time they lit up instead. I've heard that women are more prone to pick up habits like that and less likely to give them up. I wish I remembered the article where I read that.

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1.3  evilone  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @4.1.2    3 years ago

I remember my parents saying when the cost hits 50 cents they were going to quit. Hahahaha! That was moving target they never hit.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
4.1.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  evilone @4.1.3    3 years ago
I remember my parents saying when the cost hits 50 cents they were going to quit. Hahahaha!

Sadly I remember saying myself, "When a pack of ciggs cost 75 cents I will stop" 

When they reached $7.50 a pack, I did. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @4.1.3    3 years ago

My dad did quit when they went to a dollar a pack

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.1.6  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  evilone @4.1.3    3 years ago

That was my mom for YEARS! I finally called her ass out and said, "Mom, be real. A pack could be $15 and you'd still be smoking. Quit lying to yourself and others." She finally admitted that she'll never quit.

zuksam
Junior Silent
4.2  zuksam  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4    3 years ago

I would think the cost would prevent kids from starting these days. I started young and they were 40 cents a pack which by coincidence was the same amount as my lunch money.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.1  Snuffy  replied to  zuksam @4.2    3 years ago

I started back in basic training. If you smoked you had a break after chow for a smoke and if you didn't you went back to the barracks to start cleaning. I remember a gas station just over the NC boarder that sold for 25 cents a pack. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.1    3 years ago

Yep, the days of old in the military when the catch phrase was "Take 5, smoke em if you got em." days.

CB
Professor Principal
4.3  CB  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4    3 years ago

"With all the damn data, and science involved with GUNS that has been available for decades, I can't understand why anybody shoots people. See what I did there? -(Smile.)-

charger 383
Professor Silent
5  charger 383    3 years ago

Sounds racist and discriminatory,  banning the favorite type of one group   

zuksam
Junior Silent
5.1  zuksam  replied to  charger 383 @5    3 years ago

Seems unfair since Vape comes in hundreds of flavors. My buddy vapes and it smells like cherry lifesaver X 1000, I get so hungry for candy every time I smell it. Nobody starts smoking because of the menthol smell or taste they try it because their friends are smoking then they like the rush and they think they look cool and mature but that Vape smells so good it makes your mouth water.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6  Greg Jones    3 years ago

I stopped smoking 42 years ago after smoking for 20 some years. I didn't find it hard to quit because I was ready to. Sadly, quitting the vile habit has allowed me to trudge into geezerhood with a few age related issues

The worst of these is moderate COPD, made a bit worse by having had Covid. I'm active and in otherwise good health for an old guy, but require oxygen 24/7.

To smokers, who continue to so despite all the evidence that its harmful effects are cumulative....it's your body, do with it what you will. But don't be surprised if it lets you down after it's too late to do anything about it.

Sophomore Guide
6.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Greg Jones @6    3 years ago
but require oxygen 24/7.

Sorry to hear that Greg. That has to be tough. Best of luck to you. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
7  Freefaller    3 years ago

Going from memory they were horrible anyway so no loss

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freefaller @7    3 years ago

It will be to me

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  Freefaller  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1    3 years ago

Lol they've been illegal here since Oct 17 so I tend to forget people elsewhere still smoke them.  Sorry

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Freefaller @7.1.1    3 years ago

Where do you live?

Sophomore Guide
7.1.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1    3 years ago
It will be to me

Perhaps you can try vaping (E cigarettes) (They have menthol flavored)

I stopped smoking cigarettes about 8 years ago but switched to using an E cigg. 

I was smoking two packs a day, about $400.00 dollars a month. My breathing was taking a toll, my house, cloths, car and my body always stunk from them and I always seemed to burn at least a few holes in everything I had. 

Now my breathing is much better (That improved noticeably within about 18 hours !) My home, car, body and clothes do not stink and the E cigs supplies cost me about $25.oo a month. I haven't put a burn hole in anything for 8 years now either. Smiles !

Yes I am still addicted to nicotine. But the overall cost to my world is much much less.

Someone suggested that IF I tried E ciggs to make sure I got a good one because if I tried a crappy e cigg I probably wouldn't like it and I may never be willing to try again. So... 

I made sure I got a good e cigg from the start and never picked up another real cigarette from that day on. 

I estimate in the last 8 years I have saved about what I paid for the nice newer GMC truck I now have. Approximately a little over $35.000.00  ..  do the math.. I did. 

I don't plan on ever having another real cigarette as long as I live ! 

May you also have great success in whatever you end up doing. Like the old comercial said " Try it you may like it" 

I know I did and do. I did not want to stop smoking and the E-cigg has been a great alternative ... for me.  

Unfortunately recently the laws have changed and I can no longer just get my e-ciggs online. It is now illegal to send vape supplies thru the mail. (just like its illegal to ship regular ciggs)

Age restriction laws, always something Eh ?  

Good luck ! 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @7.1.3    3 years ago

I have a vape that I use when it's not convenient to smoke regular cigarettes like fishing and floating. It also comes in handy during winter storms when I run out of smokes and I can't get out of the house.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
7.1.5  Freefaller  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.2    3 years ago

I live in Canada

Sophomore Guide
8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

Will the FDA ban menthol cigarettes?

Will this country ever learn that banning doesn't work ?

Kinda doubtful.

Every time we ban stuff it benefit illegal activity. Every time.

Banned alcohol, didn't work, banned Marijuana, didn't work, banned gambling, didn't work. 

Each ban resulted in people illegally still having access to what they wanted. Tax free !

IMO: Sadly, America as a whole has little common since. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
8.1  Freefaller  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @8    3 years ago

An addict always needs their fix and if there is demand someone will be willing to supply.  I know up here there is a lively menthol (and normal smokes) smuggling market.

Sophomore Guide
8.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Freefaller @8.1    3 years ago
up here

Are you in the US ? 

And Yes addition sucks and nicotine addiction may be the worse.

Alcoholism runs in my family really strong, going back generations.

Alcohol and cocaine were both easier for me to quit (I pretty easily walked away from both) than ciggs ever have been. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
8.1.2  Freefaller  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @8.1.1    3 years ago
Are you in the US ?

No I'm in Canada.  I know what you mean about cigs it took me years to quit and I'll still get a craving every now and then.  Experimented with other stuff in my youth but never felt addicted and easily stopped.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    3 years ago

I heard that they were going to ban menthol cigarettes many years ago also . . . I doubt they're going anywhere.

Sophomore Guide
9.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @9    3 years ago
I heard that they were going to ban menthol cigarettes many years ago also

Come to mention it, yeah I remember that as well. 

Thomas
Senior Guide
10  Thomas    3 years ago

I dunno, seems rather harsh and counter productive to ban them. Like alcohol and marijuana, there will be an abundant black market for the things. 

I think that they taste better than non-menthol. I don't smoke anymore, that was taken care of by my visit to the hospital for chest pains and everyone who walked into the room asked,"Do you Smoke?"

When I did smoke, i would much rather have a menthol, though if all I could get was a non-menthol, well then, beggars can't be choosers. But I think this will just piss off a whole lot of people. Some people may quit because of the inconvenience, but I do not think that it will stap younger people from smoking. We have to address why they start, and I don't think that flavor of the cigarette is the main reason that people do. 

zuksam
Junior Silent
10.1  zuksam  replied to  Thomas @10    3 years ago
I do not think that it will stap younger people from smoking.

Absolutely kids are going to smoke what's available. Menthol is a preference like french fries from a certain place, if you never tried them or they became unavailable you'd just eat or smoke what you could get. I think the flavored vape is much more attractive to beginners plus the stronger mixes give a more powerful rush, taste better, and require less puffs for the rush than cigarettes so a kid is more likely to try and get hooked. Also parents aren't going to smell the vape on a kid the way they'll smell cigarettes. Vape is a good thing for smokers looking to quit or a healthier alternative but it's also very attractive to kids since it smells tasty and seems healthier so it's a good thing and a bad thing.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
10.1.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  zuksam @10.1    3 years ago
it's also very attractive to kids since it smells tasty and seems healthier so it's a good thing and a bad thing.

My son actually hates the smell of both.

zuksam
Junior Silent
10.1.2  zuksam  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @10.1.1    3 years ago

Good for him because nobody needs this monkey on their back, by the time I realized I didn't want to smoke I was hooked and I've never had any luck quitting. If I could afford it I'd have someone drop me off on an deserted island for a month with food, drink and one pack of butts. That way I'd have no choice and there'd be nobody there for me to kill. I figure after a month I could go without in the real world.

Sophomore Guide
10.1.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  zuksam @10.1.2    3 years ago
I was hooked and I've never had any luck quitting.

Me too but I was spending like $400 a month on death sticks.

I switched to a good E-cigg. I'm still addicted to nicotine but that habit now costs me about $25 a month, my breathing increased soon after I switched and me, my home and everything I own now don't stink and I don't have burn holes in everything I own now either. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

I'm glad I stopped smoking at about the age of 45 (almost 4 decades ago), having smoked for about 20 years, but never having smoked more than a half a pack a day.  What stopped me was when I watched a friend who was a heavy smoker die at a young age from lung cancer - visiting her in the hospital to see her waste away.  

CB
Professor Principal
12  CB    3 years ago

So what's driving the FDA to do this? And, more to the point, when are the usual characters going to gather and start the "freedom to smoke" culture war. You know, books, flags, and radio shock jocks? Sarah Palin—"nanny state' orator—are you reading this?

Oh! Yes, I smoked for 18 years: Kool Menthol. I 'bandied' about with other brands, but Kool Menthol were my brand. Funny, the things you never know about well 'things' until one day an article crops up with stats! Black people smoke more menthol cigs than other races - I didn't know that.

What I did know is I "dreaded" smoking regular cigs, because they felt like they would snatch my breath away from my lungs - the first few ones - when 'adjusting' takes place!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @12    3 years ago
when are the usual characters going to gather and start the "freedom to smoke" culture war. You know, books, flags, and radio shock jocks? Sarah Palin—"nanny state' orator—are you reading this?

I'm in only if Failin' Palin is out. I have a sign in my head already

"You can have my smokes when you pry them from my cold, dead, fingers"

CB
Professor Principal
12.1.1  CB  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.1    3 years ago

(Chuckles.)