╌>

CDC Issues New Mask Guidelines For 'Fully Vaccinated'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  45 comments

By:   ighaworth (The Daily Wire)

CDC Issues New Mask Guidelines For 'Fully Vaccinated'
On Tuesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced new guidelines regarding mask use while outdoors for both vaccinated and

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

On Tuesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced new guidelines regarding mask use while outdoors for both vaccinated and unvaccinated Americans.

According to the CDC, fully vaccinated Americans no longer need to wear masks while outdoors, unless they are in a crowded area. In addition to these new guidelines, unvaccinated Americans can also stop wearing masks outside in certain situations.

The latest CDC guidelines state that those who have been fully vaccinated can now:

• gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart.
  • gather indoors with unvaccinated people of any age from one other household (for example, visiting with relatives who all live together) without masks or staying 6 feet apart, unless any of those people or anyone they live with has an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
  • gather or conduct activities outdoors without wearing a mask except in certain crowded settings and venues.

In addition, the CDC added that "If you travel in the United States, you do not need to get tested before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel."

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released the updated guidance Tuesday in yet another carefully calibrated step on the road back to normal from the coronavirus outbreak that has killed over 570,000 people in U.S.," reported The Washington Post, adding that "The CDC, which has been cautious in its guidance during the crisis, essentially endorsed what many Americans have already been doing over the past several weeks."

According to CNN, "If you're fully vaccinated, the CDC says you can now take your mask off at small outdoor gatherings, or when dining outside with friends from multiple households. The CDC is telling unvaccinated people that they still need to wear a mask at such gatherings."

According to the latest CDC guidance, people are considered "fully vaccinated" either "2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines," or "2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine."

Current CDC guidance on masks states that "A mask is NOT a substitute for social distancing. Masks should still be worn in addition to staying at least 6 feet apart, especially when indoors around people who don't live in your household," adding that "Masks may not be necessary when you are outside by yourself away from others, or with people who live in your household. However, some areas may have mask mandates while out in public, so please check the rules in your local area (such as in your city, county, or state). Additionally, check whether any federal mask mandates apply to where you will be going."

Earlier today, CBS News reported that updated guidelines from the federal government would be announced, with Secretary of Health and Human Services, Xavier Becerra, joining to discuss the new guidance.

We're expecting updated guidelines today from the federal government about who should be wearing masks and when.@HHSGov Secretary @XavierBecerra joins us with more on the new guidance. pic.twitter.com/7V1hJ0XJwh
— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) April 27, 2021

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

So the vaccine actually means something!   

Good to know.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

When didn't it?

Getting vaccinated means you value something other than just yourself.  Loved ones.... thy neighbor..... your country.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    3 years ago

It should mean you are finally free again. 

So now we know, from big brother, that the vaccinated can go outside without nose and mouth covered......as of just yesterday!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago
"It should mean you are finally free again." 

Are you saying that if you are wearing a mask due to the possibility that you may be infected and not know it, to prevent others such as your spouse, your children, your parents and grandparents, your best friends, from being infected with the virus that has a potential to kill limits your freedom?  How about wearing a necktie - does that limit your freedom?  How about wearing socks, or a MAGA cap?  Shouldn't not wanting to kill anyone be more important than your god-given rights and freedoms?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago
It should mean you are finally free again.

Free to infect others?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.3    3 years ago

Free to infect others?

That looks to be the Trump lovers stance since day one..... country and fellow Americans be damned.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.3    3 years ago
Free to infect others?

How do you do that if you've been vaccinated?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.4    3 years ago
That looks to be the Trump lovers stance since day one.....

Don't blame anybody but your fellow democrats. The worst states are lockdown states like Michigan. I don't hear any complaint about Biden allowing possibly infected migrants into the US.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.7  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    3 years ago

Vaccinations aren't 100% effective nor is it guaranteed against any new variant at any percentage.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @1.1.7    3 years ago

So we proceed just as we did before getting vaccinated?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.2    3 years ago
Are you saying that if you are wearing a mask due to the possibility that you may be infected and not know it, to prevent others such as your spouse, your children, your parents and grandparents, your best friends, from being infected with the virus that has a potential to kill limits your freedom?

You know what I'm saying. The fucking CDC finally said it yesterday - if you've been vaccinated you can now venture outside without the damn mask.

So as of yesterday the CDC finally said the vaccine means something.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.10  Tacos!  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    3 years ago
When didn't it?

It hasn’t meant much whenever Dr. Fauci appears in front of Congress. The man has been fully vaccinated. He’s sitting in a hearing room with people who - since they are members of Congress or work for them - I expect are fully vaccinated, and he’s sitting at a table 20 feet away from anybody, and the guy is wearing not one, but two masks. Stunts like that send the message that vaccines don’t do anything.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    3 years ago

My sister was fully vaccinated.  She tested positive last Friday. 

Now her daughter has also tested positive. 

People at her work are having to be tested and go through quarantine. 

She went to a play area with field sports and various party games, because she was vaccinated she did not wear a mask.  They also have been notified and the other people present at that time are also needing to be quarantined and tested.

Because she was vaccinated, she was non-symptomatic.  She felt comfortable taking her mask off in places that she would have kept it on if she weren't vaccinated.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    3 years ago

YES!!!  Until we reach herd immunity. 

That is how you protect others around you.  That is how you show concern about not spreading a fatal disease.  It is called compassion.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
1.1.13  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.12    3 years ago
It is called compassion.

unfortunately many many people really don't care unless something actually affects them or their loved ones.

On much of anything. 

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.14  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    3 years ago

No, we proceed with a little common sense. Wear masks around close prolonged contact with unvaccinated people. It's not difficult.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.15  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.11    3 years ago

You can still contract the virus if vaccinated, but it’s a lot harder. However, even if you do, you shouldn’t get very sick. Her daughter can be positive, but you don’t know she got if from her mom.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.17  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    3 years ago
Trying to repair relationships while still in mourning is just another casualty of the callousness

Wow Sorry to hear this. So unfortunate that everyone was not on the same page as far as protecting the most vulnerable. 

Yea I would be having a hard time repairing any relationship like that myself. 

I have a nephew that I kind of put some blame on for my own brothers death. He did some stuff I'm sure helped lead up to his death.

I do not talk with him at all now and haven't for years. In large part because the man is a habitual liar.

He lied to me and my brothers wife keeping us apart after my brothers death to avoid any blame for what he had done as well. 

I don't see us ever having a relationship ever again. 

He is not worth it. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.18  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.15    3 years ago
You can still contract the virus if vaccinated, but it’s a lot harder.

Correct.

However, even if you do, you shouldn’t get very sick.

Correct, but you are just as contagious as those without the vaccine.  Masks don't really protect you, they protect those around you.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.19  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    3 years ago

The worst states are lockdown states like Michigan.

All because they have dumbass republicans in those states that still refuse to help the country!

Poll: Who always wears a mask in public—and who doesn't? (nationalgeographic.com)

Dems: 75%  Pubs: 46%

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.18    3 years ago
, but you are just as contagious as those without the vaccine. 

That's not what the CDCs says.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.21  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.20    3 years ago
That's not what the CDCs says.

Then you are not listening to them very well.  If you catch COVID, you are just as able to give to someone else as someone who has not been vaccinated.  The vaccine does not effect how contagious you are once infected, only your ability to contract the disease.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.22  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.12    3 years ago
YES!!!  Until we reach herd immunity. 

So I should disregard the CDC announcement?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.23  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.15    3 years ago

That's what I've heard as well.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.24  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.19    3 years ago
All because they have dumbass republicans in those states that still refuse to help the country!

Lol!

Dems: 75%  Pubs: 46%

But I wear the mask constantly. So I have the virtue, not democrats who let the infected into the country.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.25  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.20    3 years ago

They are in love.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.21    3 years ago
are not listening to them very well.  If yo

Cite where the CDC says that. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.27  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.18    3 years ago
you are just as contagious as those without the vaccine

I have not seen science that supports that idea and that is the opposite of what scientists are saying:

Can I still spread the coronavirus after I’m vaccinated?

Experts think the vaccine would also curb the chances of those people spreading the virus.

“A vaccinated person controls the virus better, so the chances of transmitting will be greatly reduced,” said Dr. Robert Gallo a virus expert at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.

Among the evidence so far: Studies suggesting if people do get infected despite vaccination, they harbor less coronavirus in the nose than the unvaccinated. That makes it harder to spread.

If you have been vaccinated, you are not  “just as contagious as those without the vaccine.”

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.28  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.22    3 years ago

[deleted]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.29  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.27    3 years ago
I have not seen science that supports that idea and that is the opposite of what scientists are saying:

Actually, it is not.  

If you have been vaccinated, you are not  “just as contagious as those without the vaccine.”

I will admit that I could be wrong, but you're evidence has not shown that as fact.  Provide studies to prove it and I will fully admit it.  Otherwise all you have are they "think", and it "might", and studies "suggest".  Nothing definitive to show facts.

I like the AP news at times, but if they are going talk about studies, they need to link to those studies, or at the very least name them and the institution that is doing the studies.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.30  Buzz of the Orient  replied to    3 years ago
"The effects of this pandemic will last generations." 

And the IGNORANCE, SELFISHNESS and CRUELTY of those who ignore or deny the guidelines and value their "freedom" more than the lives of their loved ones will last forever. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.31  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    3 years ago

You're the one who used the words "finally free again" indicating that THAT was more important than the danger of infecting others.  So obvioiusly you totally missed the point I was making.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.32  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.29    3 years ago
Provide studies to prove it and I will fully admit it

You're joking? You made a declarative statement that a vaccinated person is just as contagious as those who have not been vaccinated. You offered zero evidence for it. Zero. But you want me to provide you with studies?

Otherwise all you have are they "think", and it "might", and studies "suggest".  

All I have? They aren't my words. They are the words of doctors who are virus experts. It's a hell of a lot more than you have.

Nothing definitive to show facts.

Nothing definitive? A virus expert is quoted as saying:

“A vaccinated person controls the virus better, so the chances of transmitting will be greatly reduced,”

There is nothing equivocal about that. And here is your fact and your studies:

Studies suggesting if people do get infected despite vaccination, they harbor less coronavirus in the nose than the unvaccinated. I like the AP news at times

I'm sorry, but you are really going to dismiss what you have learned today by implying that the AP is an unreliable source? You cannot be taken seriously.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.33  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.2    3 years ago

Masks are now the tool of the oppressor and the oppressive regime.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.34  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.33    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif   Thank you for my first laugh of the day.  Now waiting for your next absolutely ridiculous comment.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.35  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.31    3 years ago
So obvioiusly you totally missed the point I was making.

I think you are missing it. The so called science now says that the vaccinated can go out and under most circumstances take off the mask!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.36  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.35    3 years ago

Vic, I was referring to the fact that you were equating no longer having to do something that would save the lives of others with "freedom".

By the way, I posted an article on the Books group.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.37  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.36    3 years ago

It's on the front page

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

I never wore a mask outside unless I was having a discussion with someone face to face.  To me it seems obvious that contracting COVID is a function of what viral load you are exposed too.  Inhaling a few microbes from a jogger passing by is not going to cause an infection.  Repeatedly inhaling the exhalations of the infectious stranger at the next table in the restaurant will.  It is a disservice to the population to pretend otherwise.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    3 years ago

Totally agree. Some of the people act like we only learned about viruses, viral loads, and how vaccines work just this year for the first time.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

There's really no point to wearing a mask once you've been fully vaccinated. It's safety theatre.  The risk to the vaccinated or anyone else is microscopic. The problem is many people don't understand risk and are easily frightened. After vaccination, masks serve as sort of like child safety blankets  to some.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    3 years ago

Like the one for Linus.  

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
4  MonsterMash    3 years ago

My youngest son has been fully vaccinated now instead of going without a mask or wearing one he wears two. He had a vasectomy last year, I told to make sure his wife doesn't get pregnant he needs to wear two condoms, he rejected that advice LOL 

Sophomore Guide
4.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  MonsterMash @4    3 years ago
 to make sure his wife doesn't get pregnant he needs to wear two condoms, he rejected that advice  LOL

Very funny ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

What kid does take advice ? Especially advice like that... lol 

That's NOT what he wanted to hear I'm sure. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

PS: I know, my dad had the same kind of sense of humor.