╌>

Who Is Susan LaPierre? NRA Chief Wayne LaPierre's Wife Filmed Cutting Off Elephant's Tail

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  55 comments

By:   Ewan Palmer (MSN)

Who Is Susan LaPierre? NRA Chief Wayne LaPierre's Wife Filmed Cutting Off Elephant's Tail
An eight-year-old video featuring the head of the gun rights group and his wife on a hunting trip in Botswana has been unearthed.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Footage has emerged showing Wayne LaPierre, the head of the National Rifle Association, and his wife Susan shooting elephants on a hunting trip in the Southern African country of Botswana. Susan LaPierre is seen acting gleeful after removing the tail from one she successfully killed.

© Paul Morig for Larry King Cardiac Foundation/Getty Images Honoree Wayne LaPierre and his wife, Susan LaPierre, pose for a photo at the 18th Annual Larry King Cardiac Foundation Gala at Ritz Carlton Hotel on May 19, 2012 in Washington, D.C What Are 'Ghost Guns'? Everything To Know About Biden Target In Gun Control Executive Newsweek See more videos SHARESHARETWEETSHAREEMAIL What to watch next

The 2013 footage of Wayne and Susan LaPierre, obtained by The Trace and The New Yorker, was originally intended for a TV series sponsored by the gun-rights group, but was never aired.

The clip begins by showing Wayne LaPierre repeatedly failing to kill an elephant despite shooting it three times at point-blank range.

After wounding the elephant with his first shot, a guide then instructs him where to shoot at the elephant to kill him. He fails to do this three times, so a second guide comes to do it for him.

The New Yorker notes that his wife was much more successful in her attempts and appears to kill an elephant in one shot after being told to aim between the animal's eyes.

Susan LaPierre then approaches the elephant as it lays on the ground and fires one more shot in the elephant's side.

She then becomes emotional and begins hugging the guides while explaining how great the experience was for her.

"That was amazing, I can't believe it," Susan says while patting her chest. "Wow. My heart is racing. I feel great...That was awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome."

The clip ends with a guide telling Susan she needs to cut the elephant's tail in order to "claim" it. Under instructions, Susan then uses a knife to slice off the end of the tail.

"Victory!" she cries after successfully removing it. "That's amazing, that's my elephant tail."

The footage ends with a caption explaining how the video has been kept from the public for eight years and the NRA did not respond to requests for comment.

The report adds that—as per Susan's written request—the LaPierres had parts from the elephants they killed secretly shipped back to the U.S. and the front feet made into stools for their home.

Warning: Video contains distressing content.

Who is Susan LaPierre?

Susan LaPierre grew up in Wisconsin, and says she spent her childhood years hunting and fishing, with her father being the one who taught her how to use a gun.

She founded the NRA Women's Leadership Forum more than a decade ago as part of plans to recruit more women into the pro-gun rights organization.

She is listed as the forum's co-chair, alongside Janet D. Nyce.

"Many of us shoot and hunt, but ALL of us care about protecting our personal freedoms," a quote from Susan states on the NRA Women's Leadership Forum website.

"We are women of intelligence and thought, generous in spirit, strong in character, self-determined, and we act on, and stand for, what we believe."

She also sits on the board of the National Parks Foundation after being inducted in 2017.

According to a profile on the National Parks Foundation website, she also serves as President of the Board of Trustees for Youth For Tomorrow, a nonprofit treatment center and accredited high school for at-risk children which was founded by former Washington Football Team coach Joe Gibbs.

In August 2019, it was reported that the financially struggling NRA had spent thousands of dollars on high-end hair and makeup stylists for Susan LaPierre while she made appearances across the country, as well as paying for plane flights and luxury hotel stays for the stylists.

In a statement to The Daily Beast, the NRA played down the reports as a "smear campaign orchestrated to damage those close" to the lobbying group.

"Ms. LaPierre and other senior members of the NRA fundraising team participate in TV interviews, nationally-televised speeches, and videos used to raise millions of dollars annually," a spokesperson said.

"Hair and make-up services might be used in those instances-coordinated, directed, and paid for by [former NRA public relations firm] Ackerman McQueen.

"This is another non-story with facts presented out of context-an act of desperation being fueled by the same group of people who attempted to extort Wayne LaPierre and the Association."

The NRA Women's Leadership Forum has been contacted for comment on the elephant video.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Susan LaPierre then approaches the elephant as it lays on the ground and fires one more shot in the elephant's side.

She then becomes emotional and begins hugging the guides while explaining how great the experience was for her.

"That was amazing, I can't believe it," Susan says while patting her chest. "Wow. My heart is racing. I feel great...That was awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome."

The clip ends with a guide telling Susan she needs to cut the elephant's tail in order to "claim" it. Under instructions, Susan then uses a knife to slice off the end of the tail.

"Victory!" she cries after successfully removing it. "That's amazing, that's my elephant tail."

Someone please tell me this is fake news or something.   

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

they kill for the thrill. karma, please take note...

Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago
they kill for the thrill. karma, please take note...

Remember the veterinarian who was so proud of herself when she shot a neighborhood cat in the head with an arrow that she posted a selfie in which she is holding up the dead cat by the arrow through it's brain?  The public outcry was such, that she was fired from her job, The Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners removed her license for a year, and then followed that up with a 4-year probationary period.  Of course folks were upset about the weak punishment...especially when they learned that the cat belonged to an elderly couple who testified that 'Tiger' had been neutered years before.  She lost all of her TBVME appeals, had a few drunk driving mishaps, and her probationary period was extended after she was quoted in court as saying, "I would do it again."

Don't know where she is now, but I bet it involved changing her name.  Karma can be a Mutha!

Source

Source

Source

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.1    3 years ago

What a horrible human being? Why did she become a veterinarian if she hates cats so much?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.2    3 years ago

Her smug, self-centered smile proves to me that she is just another 'Karen', who thinks that can do no wrong. I would be willing to bet that she caters to the rich in her Vet practice, and only to their dogs. Many of the rich don't have cats as many don't travel as well as dogs, which is favorable to their busy 'on the go' lifestyle. 

I would have loved to see the look on her smug face if that elephant had let out a big postmortem fart as she was cutting off its tail. I think that 'Karen' would have crapped and pissed her pants as she scrambled to run away. Too bad the elephant didn't have the chance to make that happen. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

What a cunt, but not surprising at all. LaPierre is a piece of shit of the highest order so it is no shock that his bitch wife is exactly the same. Ideally we wil lread about them being trampled to death, that would be something to celebrate. 

Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2    3 years ago
What a cunt, but not surprising at all.

Not my favorite adjective, but probably a shoe that fits.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    3 years ago

Come now, at this point you are aware that I don’t mince words.  I call it like I see it.

Professor Guide
2.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.1    3 years ago
I call it like I see it.

I know.  It's one of the things I like about you.  I just don't care for the term. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

is what she did illegal ? or just distasteful to non hunters?

does anyone understand other countrys hunting laws well enough to explain this and why it is NOT illegal in this particular country ? doubt it . 

typical knee jerk reaction imho from those that dont get facts and go off emotions .

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3    3 years ago

Seems like the liberal left is so desperate for dirt they have to go back 8 years just to find something they think is relevant.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1    3 years ago

I saw that , but i also see their wallets and pocketbooks will remained closed ....

Professor Guide
3.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1    3 years ago
Seems like the liberal left is so desperate for dirt they have to go back 8 years just to find something they think is relevant.

Do you think this is about politics?  This lady and her husband bankrupted the NRA.  If you were a loyal, dues-paying member, would you be happy about that?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.2    3 years ago

Actually, I stopped being a member years ago.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.1.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.2    3 years ago
If you were a loyal, dues-paying member, would you be happy about that?

Guess i am not loyal to them , being a life member i havent paid dues since i became one back in the 1980s  , use to like the magazines such as american hunter , american rifleman , but those stopped being sent out , i use the NRA now for the training materials they developed , and the ILA part to keep up with the different legislations both on the state level and the national level, from there i do my own research.

As for wayne , i always thought he was a greasy little grifter and never paid attention to him .

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.4    3 years ago

Yet you're supporting his bitch CUNextTuesday wife of needlessly and hatefully killing an elephant.  For no other reason than to kill.  She must have a serious case of penis envy as well.  

Professor Guide
3.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3    3 years ago
is what she did illegal ?

Illegal?  Who said anything about it being illegal?  The entire video was repugnant.  If one wants to kill animals for sport, be a decent enough person to limit the suffering.  And one should really keep ones orgasmic reaction to the kill at a minimum...at least until the camera is off.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3    3 years ago

Mark.... there are three reasons to squeeze a trigger:

1. Because you need something to eat.
  2. Because you need to defend yourself/property
  3. Because you need/enjoy the practice to improve your results related to reasons 1 & 2.

I'm repulsed by those that kill without taking the meat.  Squeezing the trigger for "the thrill" is the most disgusting. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.3.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.3    3 years ago

No arguments from me on those 3 points 

never have been nor never will be a "trophy hunter ",  almost 60 years in and i still have not found a recipe that makes the horns taste good and tender.....besides , i can go hunting sheds and find those all day long and the animals still out there usually.

When it comes to hunting american style so to say , kill it quick and humanely, dont let it suffer if possable. if its edible you use it be it yourself or you give it to someone who will use it  

every situation being different , i can think of a reason or two that a trigger will be pulled and the meat left .

Skunks , wanna eat one of those or try and live trap one and not get sprayed ?

Coyotes 

porcupines 

feral cats or  feral dogs  ( im going to catch hell for feral cats , and its rumored the natives do use the meat from the feral dogs, i doubt that though , but they have a greater dislike of feral dogs than anyone i have met )

It falls to what are acceptable practices where ever one is , the as in rome,do as the romans .

That being said , there are some hunting methods , that i have decided are not for me , canned hunts , high fence enclosure hunts .

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.3.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.3.1    3 years ago
canned hunts , high fence enclosure hunts

Amen....! 

For me I really don't care if I get a shot.  My love comes from being away from the office in the thick of nature, and watching my family dogs turn into hunting machines.  Many times I use to just take my camera, and let my father enjoy taking the shot.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.3.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.3.2    3 years ago

Been hunting since i was 14 , one thing my gramps and dad and the crew they all hunted with impressed on me early was it didnt matter if the tag was filled or not ( be ready to have your shirt tail cut if it wasnt though at the end of the season) , the season was and is to let go of the every day grind and pressures and to enjoy what is out there . i have an old tin of unfilled tags going back to the 80s .

same things i passed on to my kids.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.4  Tessylo  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3    3 years ago

Who cares if it's fucking illegal?  It's inhumane.  It's killing for the sake of killing.  Again, this bitch has a serious case of penis envy.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3    3 years ago

I detest sport hunting, that is my only interest here. Frankly, killing for the sake of killing (aka sport hunting) just tells me you have some serious personal issues.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.5.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.5    3 years ago

Y'all are entitled to your own opinions , yet no one has come up with a way to do things differently , that insures the current  status quo , offered with whats happening now under the current situation.

Dont like trophy hunting ? dont buy a tag or dont participate  same can be said for sport hunting or any other activity . what im laughing at is the fact you all have no idea just how deep the pockets and just how much the activity of hunting does contribute to conservation and protection of wild life , both game and non game species ..

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

Botswana , has a poacher problem even with the ban on ivory , bulls/males  are usually targeted by poachers , and the country also does not have the funds nessisary to patrol its different herds .

the country is also in the forefront of ecological study to maintain healthy and strong herds to ensure they stay that way .

most of these hunts we hear about are animals that have past their prime , been injured , or are risk during mating seasons of injuring or killing the other herd bulls even though they themselves cannot contibute to the gene pool or cant reproduce anymore themselves , the game keepers and countries wildlife experts do keep track of those things .

and when one animal is to be culled , which makes more sense ? have the government who may or may NOT have the funds take the animal out , or sell a tag for that specific animal , that usually brings in for that country a boatload of funding that goes to security ( game keepers and wardens ) research and study , and conservation of the lands the animals depend on for survival? the cost of the tag usually pays the annual salary for a couple game keepers to keep an eye on the herd and a game warden .

Waste of meat? may not like it but those in africa have been eating things we would turn our noses up to if offered and they have been doing so since the dawn of time, kindo of like the french eating horses , totally unacceptable to americans  , what usually happens is the nearest local village gets first dibs on the remaining meat and assist for a price in the actual butchering process, bringing more funds into the local economy so that some of their relatives MIGHT not become poachers .

Thrill of the kill? trophy hunting has been going on with humans since they crawled around on 4 limbs  and had a fifth contact with the ground .

want to call her names for doing this , not a problem , when can that country expect YOUR 10 to 20 thousand dollar donation(usual cost of the tag dependant on animal) plus added expenses , if not then i would say hunters like this are doing more for the well being of any hunted animal species than you could ever dream of .

And those are just some of the MINIMUM facts people that have no clue or care fail to realize .

I do know this because i checked into it for myself  a number of years back , and decided it was not for me even though i had dreamed of a safari in africa  as a nubbin after reading about them from the early last century. I am a tad old for that now though , the deadly 5 is not for me anymore .

Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4    3 years ago
hunters like this are doing more for the well being of any hunted animal species than you could ever dream of .

It's possible that our individual definitions of 'well-being' are on the opposite ends of this particular scale.

The report adds that—as per Susan's written request—the LaPierres had parts from the elephants they killed secretly shipped back to the U.S. and the front feet made into stools for their home.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1    3 years ago

We likely do have different definitions and views sister and that is alright because we both have those different views , what it will come down to is what can realistically be done that works there , not what we think will work from the view here  , as a whole , african big game is a lucrative and very important part of life there .

to me what IS in the well being of an animal or species , is that they ARE managed humanely but also with the realization that to some they always will be a commodity because of their by products , and if an area doesnt HAVE the money or resources  and yet they come up with a way to get both with minimal impact on the animals they would be fools to just let the species and the local people suffer  "the natural progession of things ".

have to admit  though , if they couldnt do what was intended correctly/ethically/ what we call humanely they had no business even being there , and its ironic to me a guy that runs a "gun club " cant shoot straight enough to dispatch an animal the size of his SUV humanely with 2 shots .

i will stand by my statement of this sort of hunting if its ethically done ,  because i do understand all that i have said and without it , the local people wont just sit back and let things happen naturally and eventually all that will be left , is pictures in a book somewhere .

leaving them alone and not hunting them isnt the answer since poachers know they have a value on the black market , and this goes for any of the animals hunted be it elephant , rhino , lion ,leopard buffalo or anything else .

Criminals like poachers , will still break the laws against doing so as long as there is money to be made  no matter what the laws are. That is a fact of life that can not be avoided .

user image
Freshman Silent
4.3    replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4    3 years ago
They're not doing any thing for the well being of elephants.  They're killing for the sake of killing.  Your rationalizations are ridiculous.  

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.3.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  @4.3    3 years ago
Your rationalizations are ridiculous.  

To you they likely are , safe in the confines of your own little world , but at least i base my opinion on the subject of safaris  on reality of what exists there  and what to myself is an outcome that helps both the herds and the human population in the area affected .

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.3.1    3 years ago

I've heard all the same arguments in favor of trophy hunting many times before and yes, I have investigated all that you have many times. If they were so concerned about the people of Botswana they could just write a check and skip the hunt but you know that they won't so most of the excuses for trophy hunting are just that, excuses. 

And yes I have hunted and it was for food and every part of the animal was used and none of them were an endangered species. 

If they want to prove something hunt a bear with a long bow.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.3.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Kavika @4.3.1    3 years ago
If they want to prove something hunt a bear with a long bow.

I would say hunt anything with a bow , it takes a certain level of both commitment and skill to do so successfully in my idea of "fair chase ".

what it actually comes down to in these cases is it would not happen if it wasnt offered IMHO. and even then that wont stop the poaching or illegal taking.

and i will not fault places that do so if they are using good data and practices , call that excuses or justification whatever , I look at what the end goal actually is and is it being achieved .

The other thing that comes to the front is we can discuss , argue different points of merit ,pros and cons , but in the end it is us who will ultimately decide what is right , proper and acceptable for each of us individually.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.3.1    3 years ago
he other thing that comes to the front is we can discuss , argue different points of merit ,pros and cons , but in the end it is us who will ultimately decide what is right , proper and acceptable for each of us individually.

That is correct, and to me, there is no justification for trophy hunting. Each will make their own decision.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.3.1    3 years ago

No.  I don't care what you base it on.  Killing for the sake of killing is wrong.  This is inhumane and needless.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @4.3.1    3 years ago
"I've heard all the same arguments in favor of trophy hunting many times before and yes, I have investigated all that you have many times. If they were so concerned about the people of Botswana they could just write a check and skip the hunt but you know that they won't so most of the excuses for trophy hunting are just that, excuses. 

And yes I have hunted and it was for food and every part of the animal was used and none of them were an endangered species. 

If they want to prove something hunt a bear with a long bow."

Thank you!

Kudos!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.3.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Tessylo @4.3.1    3 years ago
No.  I don't care what you base it on.  Killing for the sake of killing is wrong.  This is inhumane and needless. 

keeping everything i posted in  the start of this thread in mind (#4) in a perfect world  or situation , what would be the realistic and best economical answer to the issue, that would keep the herds healthy and increasing and safe from poachers?

keep in mind that once an old bull goes past their prime and usefulness to carry on the genetics and strength of the herd health , they do not lose the urge to mate  , and they also become a danger to those bulls that have actual chances of helping the herd continue in a healthy manner , they can injure and kill other bulls still, yet be totally useless to reproduction .

Im not going to be the one to try and stop a horney bull elephant from fighting and mating .

are there checks in the mail from those opposed to this to mitigate the issue?

somehow even if there are , i doubt it will amount to the same amount that these type of hunts bring in for a single tag .

Tessylo
Professor Principal

Blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda, whatever!

I'm done now and moving along.  

Why do you keep rambling on with this nonsense?

I'm done.  

You can have the last word now.  

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
I'm done.   You can have the last word now.

So you HAVE no better solution.......

Thank you 

[Deleted]

[gotcha

Tessylo
Professor Principal

So you HAVE nothing and continue to HAVE nothing . . . . 

Moving on . . . . again . . . . 

Last word?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
Last word?

Sure,

i have more with the science of how to protect animals and keep them in existance than , somes "Feelings ".

Until those with feelings can come up with a better way that accomplishes the same things , they are simply making noise to hear themselves , which wont accomplish diddly , as usual.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    3 years ago
Wayne LaPierre, the head of the National Rifle Association, and his wife Susan

A couple of psychos. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

I see a couple of conservatives mocking us for our emotional reactions to seeing an elephant slaughtered. Why, I believe one of them agreed with me last week that elephants are smarter than humans.

Mock all you want. We have the right to feel outraged about killing for killing.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
6.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 years ago
Mock all you want. We have the right to feel outraged about killing for killing.

of course there is a right to be outraged , The thing is, if left to natural courses , the killing for killing sake will go on , whether the person has government permission to do so and have the funds paid to do so help , or if its done illegally with nothing going towards  helping  ensure the animals and locals safety.

What i mock is the lack of following things through to see what can realistically be done with whats available  and reacting simply on emotional grounds .

And i understand its a hit piece for the guy who supposedly runs the NRA, not that i like the guy either and havent since i became a life member back in the 80s . 

But still , what he is shown doing , is not representative of the whole .

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @6.2    3 years ago

"But still , what he is shown doing , is not representative of the whole. "

We didn't say that, did we?

Mock away.  Who cares?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7  MrFrost    3 years ago

So.............she cut off her own tail? 

JBB
Professor Principal
8  JBB    3 years ago

I cannot understand her thrill killing majestic beasts.