╌>

Tennessee lawmakers alarmed by reports White House secretly flying migrant children into state

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  136 comments

By:   Brittany De Lea (Fox News)

Tennessee lawmakers alarmed by reports White House secretly flying migrant children into state
Lawmakers from Tennessee are sounding the alarm after reports that the Biden administration has been flying unaccompanied minors into the state in the middle of the night without their knowledge.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep. Nicole Malliotakis addresses the border crisis: 'it's not just a humanitarian crisis, but it's also a national security crisis'

Lawmakers from Tennessee are sounding the alarm after reports that the Biden administration has been flying unaccompanied minors into the state in the middle of the night without their knowledge.

The White House is transporting migrants into an airport in Chattanooga from where they are bused to cities within the Southeast, as first reported by local news outlet WRCB-TV Channel 3.

Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., said in a statement to Fox News that the transportation of migrants is taking place in "the dead of night without the knowledge or permission of the communities involved."

Lawmakers in the state are characterizing the situation as a symptom of the Biden administration's policies and pursuant failure to control the flow of migrants at the border, which has now put their communities at risk.

Sen. Bill Hagerty, R-Tenn., said in a statement to Fox News that his residents deserve answers from the administration.

"I have warned for months that President Biden's failure at the border would result in a systematic resettling of migrants in our communities, burdening our schools, hospitals, and law enforcement agencies, and bringing an increase in drug trafficking and human smuggling," Hagerty said. "A new reality is happening in our country—every town is now a border town."

Blackburn said Biden has not only put these children at risk, but he is also putting Tennesseans at risk as she, too, demanded answers.

Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee led roughly 20 other Republican governors in sending a letter to the Biden administration calling for action at the southern border, noting that the immigration crisis was spilling over into many U.S. states.

"The Biden Administration refuses to secure the border and is instead scattering unaccompanied kids all over the country with no regard for the consequences," Lee said in a statement to Fox News. "When we push back and demand answers, they cut off transparency and embolden one of the worst human trafficking crises we've seen at our border in the last 20 years."

Spokespeople for the White House, the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Health and Human Services did not return Fox News' requests for comment.

As previously reported by Fox News, the administration has been talking about fostering a decrease in the number of migrant children in U.S. Customs and Border Patrol facilities. However, as of last week, the number of children in HHS custody was more than 20,000.

DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said encounters at the border have declined to about 1,830 people per day but noted that a "fairly high" number of migrant children were still coming across.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Can we turn Tennessee blue?

Here is the Biden administration moving migrants into Tennessee, secretly.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

This is a pure bullshit way to hide your incompetence Mr. Biden and cronies.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2  SteevieGee    3 years ago

Seems to me that, in order to adequately house them, they can send them anywhere they like.  I've heard a lot of complaints about overcrowded conditions in the border facilities.  This is addressing that issue.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  SteevieGee @2    3 years ago

Adequately house them? hahahaha This is bullshit. Send them someplace that AGREES to house them and be used as a go between. Better yet, send them back over the border if the conditions are over crowded.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    3 years ago

Did the state that Trump flew migrants to 'agree to house' them? 

Oh and BTFW, the seed doesn't say WHERE the migrants are being 'housed'. It says they are being bused to 'cities within the Southeast'.  Pretty fucking vague, but hey, it's to be expected from the 'journalists' at Fox 'News'. 

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    3 years ago

So...  The Federal government needs Tennessee's permission?  Of course not.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.2    3 years ago

The hell they don't............along with some big $$$  for the inconvenience and bad publicity.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  cjcold  replied to  Dulay @2.1.1    3 years ago

Some say.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  SteevieGee @2    3 years ago

Why not send them to California?  I'm sure the Governor there would welcome them with open arms.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.3.1  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3    3 years ago

Trump did that plenty of times. Issue? 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.3.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @2.3.1    3 years ago

Proof????

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.3.3  Dulay  replied to  1stwarrior @2.3.2    3 years ago

Though I doubt that you actually give a shit, here you go:

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.3.4  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @2.3.3    3 years ago

MAY 17, 2019 6:10 PM UPDATED 2 YEARS AGO.

Whoops - wanna add

Trump administration drops plan to send migrants from southern border to Florida, elsewhere

'Course, since it contains facts counter to your desires, if, of course, you give a shyte.

Guess there goes your "buncha times" thingy, eh?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.3.5  Dulay  replied to  1stwarrior @2.3.4    3 years ago

Trying to pretend that flights never happened I see.

Let's see if you'll acknowledge what's in your own fucking link . It states:

The government began flying hundreds of migrants from Texas to San Diego, to distribute the workload at Border Patrol facilities more evenly.

Still in denial 1st? 

Here's another one: 

From the article:

The flights began last week, and the agency said it is planning three such flights per week going forward.

Not what YOU desired...

Guess there goes your "buncha times" thingy, eh?

Since I didn't say that, NO, it's NOT a thingy 1st. Strawman. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.3.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3    3 years ago

Newsflash sparky, not only are we accepting them, but we are treating them better than the previous administration ever did.  They get beds and not a floor with a piece of tin foil.  They have play areas and not cages.  Teachers are on hand.  Medical, nutritional, and hygiene needs are being met.  Social services are finding their relatives or sponsors to take them in.  Local merchants are donating needed things.  Toddlers are not forced to wear the same diapers for days on end.  We are trying to find their parents whose arms they were ripped out of.  We treat them humanely unlike  Sarah Fabian, a lawyer in Trump's Department of Justice, who argued at the US court of appeals for the ninth circuit that such children do not need soap, toothbrushes/toothpaste, and blankets.  I would love to see that kind of person spend one month in a Mexican jail and see how she likes being denied the same things.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    3 years ago

They should not be here in the first place.  Why does Biden keep letting problems in?

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2  Dulay  replied to  charger 383 @3    3 years ago
They should not be here in the first place. 

If they are asylum seekers, they should. 

Why does Biden keep letting problems in?

You know you are talking about PEOPLE right? Why assume they are 'problems'? 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Dulay @3.2    3 years ago
If they are asylum seekers, they should. 

Asylum seekers are not allowed to enter or stay in the country illegally. Illegal immigrants do not follow US law. Biden is violating US law by allowing them to remain.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.2  Dulay  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.1    3 years ago
Asylum seekers are not allowed to enter or stay in the country illegally.

Actually, they CAN. The statute SPECIFICALLY states:

Any  alien  who is physically present in the  United States  or who arrives in the  United States  (whether or not at a designated port of arrival...)

The above shows how Trump's policy violated US law, you know, that thingy you pretend 'illegal immigrants' don't follow. 

Illegal immigrants do not follow US law. Biden is violating US law by allowing them to remain.

Again, WRONG. Study after study has proven that 'illegal immigrants' follow US law at a greater percentage than citizens... 

BTFW, I see that you are conflating asylum seekers with 'illegal immigrants'. US law differentiates the two for a reason. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.2    3 years ago
Again, WRONG. Study after study has proven that 'illegal immigrants' follow US law at a greater percentage than citizens...

Sure, if one chooses to ignore the fact that they are here illegally and probably are working illegally, with stolen SSN and falsifying governmental I-9 forms.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.4  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.3    3 years ago
Sure, if one chooses to ignore the fact that they are here illegally and probably are working illegally, with stolen SSN and falsifying governmental I-9 forms.

NONE of those facts are ignored in the studies. Studies show that citizens violate US law MORE even taking those facts into consideration. 

Oh BTW, I for one have NEVER filled out a I-9 form for a job and the vast majority of employers do NOT require them. 

One irony is that paleo-conservatives choose to ignore that the Chamber of Commerce are one the most powerful voices AGAINST policing 'no-match' SS#s. They lobby against employers receiving  'Correction Requests'. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2.5  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @3.2.2    3 years ago

What a bunch of BS Dulay - "study after study"??????

"Conflating asylum seekers with illegal ALIENS (corrected it for you) is BS."

UNTIL their case has been heard in an Immigration court, they are NOT authorized to wander freely in the U.S.  UNTIL their case is heard in an immigration court, they ARE STILL ILLEGAL ALIENS if THE COURTS have not authorized them to be in the U.S.

UNTIL their cases has been heard and adjudicated by an Immigration Court, TECHNICALLY, they are not allowed to be in the U.S.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.6  Dulay  replied to  1stwarrior @3.2.5    3 years ago
What a bunch of BS Dulay - "study after study"??????

Are you insisting that it's BS or are you questioning whether it's BS?????

UNTIL their case has been heard in an Immigration court, they are NOT authorized to wander freely in the U.S. 

False. 

UNTIL their case is heard in an immigration court, they ARE STILL ILLEGAL ALIENS if THE COURTS have not authorized them to be in the U.S.

Again, false. 

UNTIL their cases has been heard and adjudicated by an Immigration Court, TECHNICALLY, they are not allowed to be in the U.S.

That's 3 unsubstantiated proclamations, ALL wrong. 

BTFW, ever hear of 'innocent until proven guilty'? Try applying it to your statement. Perhaps it will get you to see the errors.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @3.2.6    3 years ago

They never seem to tire of being wrong!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.4    3 years ago
Oh BTW, I for one have NEVER filled out a I-9 form for a job and the vast majority of employers do NOT require them. 

That is such complete and utter bullshit!

Maybe under-the-table employers don't bother, but then again, why would anyone be stupid enough to work under the table?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.6    3 years ago

Can we assume that we will hear nothing from you when people NOT granted asylum are expelled from the US then?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.4    3 years ago

2.0 Who Must Complete Form I-9 | USCIS

2.0 Who Must Complete Form I-9

You must complete Form I-9 each time you hire any person to perform labor or services in the United States in return for wages or other remuneration. Remuneration is anything of value given in exchange for labor or services, including food and lodging. The requirement to complete Form I-9 applies to new employees hired in the United States after Nov. 6, 1986, as well as new employees hired in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) on or after Nov. 28, 2009.

Ensure the employee completes Section 1 of Form I-9 at the time of hire. “Hire” means the beginning of employment in exchange for wages or other remuneration. The time of hire is noted on the form as the first day of employment. Employees may complete Section 1 before the time of hire, but not before the employer extends the job offer and the employee accepts. Review the employee’s document(s) and fully complete Section 2 within three business days of the hire. For example, if the employee begins employment on Monday, you must complete Section 2 by Thursday.

I have no clue who you claim to work for, but maybe they aren't doing things legally where you work. That, or you are sadly mistaken.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.8    3 years ago
That is such complete and utter bullshit!

Not ONE of your links is functional Tex. jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Maybe under-the-table employers don't bother, but then again, why would anyone be stupid enough to work under the table?

Nope, every one of my jobs have been above board. I misspoke about NEVER filling out an I-9 though. In 2020 I worked for the Census and that was the first and ONLY time I filled an I-9 form. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.12  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.9    3 years ago
Can we assume that we will hear nothing from you when people NOT granted asylum are expelled from the US then?

Strawman. 

Oh and who the fuck are this 'we' you pretend to speak for? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.11    3 years ago

Most employers use I-9's, probably because it's the law despite what you appear to think.

Look it up for yourself!

BTW, how did the link in post 3.2.10 work for ya?

I clicked on my link to USCIS and lo and behold, it took me to their website, where anyone willing and curious enough may simply type in "I-9" and obtain relevant info.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.12    3 years ago

Not a strawman at all.

We is those subjected to your writings.

So, will we continue to hear from you when asylum is not granted and people are returned from whence they came?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.15  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.11    3 years ago
I misspoke about NEVER filling out an I-9 though.

Misspoke, eh? Is THAT what it is called?

You seemed so sure and absolutely positive when you claimed the following:

I suppose we could just agree that you were wrong on both parts of your claim.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.16  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.10    3 years ago
I have no clue who you claim to work for, but maybe they aren't doing things legally where you work. That, or you are sadly mistaken.

YOU claimed that 'they' [illegal immigrants] are 'falsifying governmental I-9 forms'.

I stated that I never filled out an I-9 form for a job. 

Though it took you a while, you now seem to recognize that it's the EMPLOYER who is required to file I-9 forms and therefore 'they' [illegal immigrants] are falsifying NOTHING. 

Glad we could clear that up. 

Thanks for playing. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.16    3 years ago

Look, I know you don't have any personal experience that you can recall accurately filling out an I-9 form, so I don't think you have a clue what gets filled out by whom.

Perhaps if you clicked on the link I provided you with, you could learn something about it.

Could have sworn you told me you hired many people. Apparently not.

Employees (those folks being hired) are required to fill out parts of an I-9. And so are employers (those doing the hiring of employees).

I really don't have any hope of you ever understanding the law, but at least I tried.

Maybe this link will work better for you.

USCIS Form I-9 (treasury.gov)

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.18  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.15    3 years ago
Misspoke, eh? Is THAT what it is called?

You seemed so sure and absolutely positive when you claimed the following

I suppose we could just agree that you were wrong on both parts of your claim.

Actually, NO. As YOUR block quote proves, I didn't fill out the I-9 form, the US government did so as my employer. 

Secondly, that was the ONE time that I was required to actually review and sign and I-9 form and I have been employed full or part time since 1974. Even though I am retired, I just accepted a part time job with a multi-million dollar event venue on the beach. It'll be a 'tough job' hanging on Lake Michigan. I broke out my surf fishing rods yesterday. There was NO I-9 in the 'on-board' documentation. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.19  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.18    3 years ago

I can't help it if you don't know what the law is. I have tried to educate you on it to no avail.

Not knowing is one thing, to be deliberately obtuse is something else altogether.

EMPLOYEES are required to fill out parts (or have someone help them). There is even a box on the form to check if you had help filling it out. Of course, if you knew what an I-9 form was, you would have already known that.

Employers are required by law to fill out I-9's for employees. It has been the law since 1986, for Pete's sake.

if illegal aliens are receiving paychecks from legitimate employers, they had to have filled out their part of an I-9. That would mean they had to have lied on the form, which is a felony.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.16    3 years ago
I stated that I never filled out an I-9 form for a job. 

You state many things.

Here is something you stated:

In 2020 I worked for the Census and that was the first and ONLY time I filled an I-9 form. 

Which of your statements am I supposed to believe?

The one where you adamantly claim to never having filled out an I-9 form, or the one where you claim you did fill one out?

How am I supposed to tell which of your statements is true?

Go by your word??????????

I don't believe that will pass the smell test.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.21  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.17    3 years ago
Look, I know you don't have any personal experience that you can recall accurately filling out an I-9 form, so I don't think you have a clue what gets filled out by whom.

Didn't I just tell you that I reviewed and signed one last year Tex? Are you claiming to know more about me than I do? 

Perhaps if you clicked on the link I provided you with, you could learn something about it.

I told you, NONE of them work. 

Could have sworn you told me you hired many people. Apparently not.

I have. HR fills out I-9's Tex, NOT Managers.  

Employees (those folks being hired) are required to fill out parts of an I-9. And so are employers (those doing the hiring of employees).

Again, I have NEVER filled out an I-9, I HAVE reviewed and signed ONE. 

I really don't have any hope of you ever understanding the law, but at least I tried.

YOU are the one that claimed that illegal immigrants were falsifying I-9 forms Tex. HOW do they manage that when the EMPLOYER is the one responsible authenticating it's content? 

Maybe this link will work better for you.

Certification: I attest, under penalty of perjury, that (1) I have examined the document(s) presented by the above-named employee,
(2) the above-listed document(s) appear to be genuine and to relate to the employee named, and (3) to the best of my knowledge the employee is authorized to work in the United States.

So since YOU insist that illegal immigrants are falsifying I-9 forms, YOU must believe that they are forging the signatures of employers too...

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.22  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.20    3 years ago

Wow, someone is triggered...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.23  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.21    3 years ago

you at first claimed you had never filled out an I-9 in your life.

then you claimed you had done one, then you claimed your employer did it and you just signed it.

I have filled hundreds of them in my career.

since you have no experience with them to speak of, I will go with what I actually know instead of going with what you think you know about them.

but you have a good day now. y'hear?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.24  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.22    3 years ago

yes, I don't easily tolerate people who spout off when they haven't got a clue.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.25  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.23    3 years ago
I have filled hundreds of them in my career.

Wow, you've been a new hire hundreds of times since 1986. 

That's GOT to be some kind of record. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.26  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.24    3 years ago

I could not care less what you can tolerate Tex. Learn to live with disappointment...

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.27  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @3.2.25    3 years ago
Wow, you've been a new hire hundreds of times since 1986. 

Where did he say that?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.28  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.25    3 years ago

I really didn't figure i would need to explain it. but clearly I was mistaken.

read very, very carefully:

in the course of my career. I have filled out hundreds of I 9s. that's what employers do, along with employees.

as far as me living with disappointment. no need to worry. I expect so damn little that I am never disappointed when people don't know what the fuck they are droning on and on about.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.29  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @3.2.27    3 years ago

I didnt, you know it. I know it and who cares if anyone else comprehends?

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.30  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.28    3 years ago
droning on and on about

Trying their best for the last word.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.31  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @3.2.30    3 years ago

he can have the last word.

it will be wrong, I am sure.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2.32  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @3.2    3 years ago

Duhhh - ILLEGAL ALIENS, no matter what mask they are wearing, are problems.  Why???  'Cause they WON'T follow the law.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2.33  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @3.2.6    3 years ago

Oh BTFW - I'd recommend you actually learn to UNDERSTAND the laws that are written instead of just parroting what you think they mean.

Big difference.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.34  Texan1211  replied to  1stwarrior @3.2.33    3 years ago

amen to THAT!

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.35  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.28    3 years ago
in the course of my career. I have filled out hundreds of I 9s.

So how many of them were 'falsified' by illegal immigrants Tex? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.36  Dulay  replied to  1stwarrior @3.2.32    3 years ago
Duhhh - ILLEGAL ALIENS, no matter what mask they are wearing, are problems.  Why???  'Cause they WON'T follow the law.

Well that must mean that citizens are even worse problems 1st. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.37  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.35    3 years ago

we has a few kicked back because the name didn't match the ssn.

that is part of the reason for I-9s.

people familiar with them know that already. 

I just flat out don't buy your spiel about only having signed one in your entire life. not believable at all.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.38  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.37    3 years ago
I just flat out don't buy your spiel about only having signed one in your entire life. not believable at all.

Honesty and truth allude you. 

BTW, you must be an HR guy. I've managed over 10 companies in my career and NEVER filled out a I-9 for someone I hired. I left that to the office staff. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.39  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.2.38    3 years ago
Honesty and truth allude you. 

No, but bullshit baffles me.

BTW, you must be an HR guy.

Why MUST I be one? That's rather stupid. I am a restaurant manager. Never claimed otherwise.

Your inexperience with all things I-9 is telling in your posts.

I guess only glancing at one in your life could lead you to be rather uninformed on them. It isn't like you know what you are talking about or anything.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
3.3  Gazoo  replied to  charger 383 @3    3 years ago

“Why does Biden keep letting problems in?”

because dems see them as votes.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.3.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Gazoo @3.3    3 years ago

They can't vote.  You know that.  They're children.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.3.2  Ronin2  replied to  SteevieGee @3.3.1    3 years ago

Democrats are playing the long ball. All of the those children will need to be made US citizens; who do you think they are going to support then?

Also, not everyone crossing the border is a child. Why is the Biden administration turn so few away at the border?  

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT

• Border Patrol data shows that in February the majority of families were not expelled; they were let in and placed in immigration proceedings.

• So far, February is the only full month of the Biden administration for which data is available.

• In January, more than half of families were expelled, but most of that period covered the Trump administration.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.3.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Gazoo @3.3    3 years ago

And the GOP sees them as sweatshop and minimum wage labor....  What's your point?

charger 383
Professor Silent
3.3.4  charger 383  replied to  SteevieGee @3.3.1    3 years ago

Why should the American taxpayers have to pay for them?  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.3.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  charger 383 @3.3.4    3 years ago

They need to look at this as a fututre investment to ensure that there are people that will work for minimum wage to cut their grass, shovel their snow, build and renovate their houses and to hand dry their cars after they've been run through the wash.....

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.3.6  Dulay  replied to  Gazoo @3.3    3 years ago

Well gee, if that's true, perhaps the GOP should think about how to change some 'hearts and minds' in the 5 YEARS it would take them to become citizens instead of WHINING about it. It would behoove y'all to actually write a platform and express some policies that will attract their support. Get busy...

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.3.7  Dulay  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.3.5    3 years ago

True but the issue they seem to have is that their kids almost invariably are born or become naturalized citizens and [gasp] vote for their interests and the interests of their parents. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.3.8  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Dulay @3.3.7    3 years ago

Well if you listen to the right, they swear thatthose people that cut grass, and dry cars shouldn't be allowed to vote

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.9  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.3.8    3 years ago
Well if you listen to the right, they swear thatthose people that cut grass, and dry cars shouldn't be allowed to vote

Got any quotes to that effect, or is that just progressive "memory" making stuff up again?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.3.14  FLYNAVY1  replied to    3 years ago

Got to keep your eyes on on enemies of the Constitution.... foreign AND domestic.  That and doing research on which racist organizations some of the NT members might be  involved in

Speaking of which, you still supporting secession there in Texas?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.18  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

Congrats on once again quoting me accurately.

Sure hope it wasn't too taxing.

Not sure what the point is in repeating my post without anything added. Not sure there even is a point.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.3.19  FLYNAVY1  replied to    3 years ago

The irony.......

Happy Friday rtb.....

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.3.22  SteevieGee  replied to  charger 383 @3.3.4    3 years ago

We pay nearly 100 billion in subsidies to corporations every year.  A few thousand kids are like a loogie in the Pacific Ocean.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.3.23  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @3.3.6    3 years ago

You're right Dulay - why the futch should anyone follow any law anymore, right?  Why should people - read that as ILLEGAL ALIENS - want to follow the laws that have been established FOR YEARS when Biden and family - read that as LIBERALS/DEMOCRATS - don't believe written and precedential laws are actually written for the good of U.S. CITIZENS??

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.3.24  1stwarrior  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.3.8    3 years ago

Sorry FLY, but that's BS - nice try though.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.3.25  1stwarrior  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.3.14    3 years ago

So, you're gonna keep your eyes on the Liberals/Democrats who hate the Constitution?

Rotsa luck on that one.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.3.26  1stwarrior  replied to  SteevieGee @3.3.22    3 years ago

Yeah, and we pay close to $300 BILLION a year to "take care" of the left's ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.3.27  Dulay  replied to  1stwarrior @3.3.23    3 years ago

You devolved to ad hominem awfully quick 1st. 

Tell you what, how about you cite where I said anyone shouldn't follow the law. 

Oh and while you're at it, cite the law that you insist that 'LIBERALS/DEMOCRATS' are failing to follow. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.3.28  Dulay  replied to  1stwarrior @3.3.26    3 years ago

Proof? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.29  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @3.3.27    3 years ago

His MO

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.30  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @3.3.28    3 years ago

Don't hold your breath.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.31  Tessylo  replied to  1stwarrior @3.3.25    3 years ago
So, you're gonna keep your eyes on the Liberals/Democrats who hate the Constitution?

Who are they?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.3.32  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @3.3.28    3 years ago

Report: Illegal immigration costs taxpayers $116 billion annually; Californians, Texans, Floridians pay the most

• Researchers agree that illegal immigrants overwhelmingly have modest levels of education — most have not completed high school or have only a high school education. There is also agreement that immigrants with this level of education are a significant net fiscal drain, creating more in costs for government than they pay in taxes.
  • Based on this estimate, there is a total lifetime fiscal drain of $746.3 billion. This assumes 11.43 million illegal immigrants are in the country based on the U.S. government's most recent estimate.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.4  cjcold  replied to  charger 383 @3    3 years ago

My grandparents immigrated from Ireland and Germany. 

Does that make me less of an American, or a problem?

America is a country based on immigrants. 

Folk just trying to make a better life for themselves.

If you are not a full blooded native Indian, you are a hypocrite.

What countries did your family immigrate from? Do you know your family history?

I admire my ancestors leaving everything they knew to try to make a better life here.

There was a potato famine and the choices were few for my mom's folks.

My father's family escaped from Russia to Germany to America due to wars.

They all sailed across a dangerous ocean in the hope of a better life here.

Have never had a problem with immigrants since I am the result of a few brave ones.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3.4.1  charger 383  replied to  cjcold @3.4    3 years ago

Problem is the country is full now

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    3 years ago

Your compassion and empathy for our fellow human beings is so underwhelming!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @4    3 years ago

So how many are being transferred to your house  or building? Ya wanna preach it, be it.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @4    3 years ago

If there was any credibility in your post (there isn't) then you would put your money where your mouth is and take in some of these illegals into your home, clothe them, feed them and find them jobs (or just teach them how to be a leftist and live off the government tit).

Otherwise, hypocrisy be your middle name

charger 383
Professor Silent
5  charger 383    3 years ago

What are those who want to let foreigners come here willing to give up for them?

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1  bugsy  replied to  charger 383 @5    3 years ago
What are those who want to let foreigners come here willing to give up for them

Working people's money

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2  Dulay  replied to  charger 383 @5    3 years ago
What are those who want to let foreigners come here willing to give up for them?

BTW, are you old enough to have been around after the Viet Nam war?

Do you remember sacrificing for the refugees from Viet Nam? 

Me neither...

charger 383
Professor Silent
5.2.1  charger 383  replied to  Dulay @5.2    3 years ago

Tax money was spent on them and I was paying taxes then

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @5.2.2    3 years ago

Don't believe you.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.4  Dulay  replied to  charger 383 @5.2.1    3 years ago

Thanks for the non-response reply. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.5  Dulay  replied to  dennis smith @5.2.2    3 years ago

Was that for the refugees dennis? 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.2.6  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @5.2    3 years ago

Nope, and you probably wouldn't have moaned about that either since the numbers were far, far, far different.

When President Gerald R. Ford authorized the entry of 130,000 refugees  from the three countries of Indochina ( Vietnam , Cambodia, and Laos), 125,000 of whom were  Vietnamese , into the  United States  on April 18, 1975, he was reacting to the victory of Communist forces in those countries with a one-time action.

Today, there are approximately 13 million KNOWN ILLEGAL ALIENS in the U.S.

HUGE, HUGE difference.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.7  Dulay  replied to  1stwarrior @5.2.6    3 years ago
HUGE, HUGE difference.

Yes 1st, the HUGE, HUGE difference is that you too are conflating asylum seekers [refugees] with 'illegal aliens'. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @5.2.7    3 years ago

Typical.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @5.2.7    3 years ago

So when they are denied asylum, you will be fine with them being deported, Perfect!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @5.2.7    3 years ago

There is no real difference, on the southern border.  Progressives and their cartel allies have taught illegal aliens to exploit the "asylum seeker" exception which was put in place to help actually persecuted people, not every immigrant.  So almost all illegal aliens declare themselves asylum seekers if need be. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.10    3 years ago
There is no real difference, on the southern border.  Progressives and their cartel allies have taught illegal aliens to exploit the "asylum seeker" exception which was put in place to help actually persecuted people, not every immigrant.  So almost all illegal aliens declare themselves asylum seekers if need be. 

Do you have one iota of evidence for that bullshit Sean? 

The CBP April data shows 178,622 encounters and 109,993 expulsions. That sure as fuck doesn't look like anywhere near 'almost all' to me...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.2.12  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @5.2.7    3 years ago

You really have no idea how the system works, do you Dulay?

UNTIL their asylum request is heard in an Immigration Court, they DO NOT have permission, from the U.S. government, to wander throughout the U.S. as they wish.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.2.13  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @5.2.7    3 years ago

Sorry you can't seem to fit logic with facts -

Ford, President of the United States, AUTHORIZED THE ENTRY OF 130,000 refugees from the SE Asia countries - TOTAL.  No President, except the strongly lied too Ronald Reagan, has allowed/authorized ANY ILLEGAL ALIENS from south of the U.S. border to enter the U.S.

Learn Dulay - learn.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.2.14  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @5.2.11    3 years ago

What did those tee shirts say in January???  BIDEN - PLEASE LET US IN.  Who paid for the tee shirts?  Sure as hell wasn't law abiding U.S. Citizens.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.2.15  cjcold  replied to  Dulay @5.2    3 years ago

Used to be foreman on a ranch and hired Hmong as field hands. 

Good workers and I treated them much better than they expected.

Sign language and a few packs of Marlboro normally carried the day.

charger 383
Professor Silent
6  charger 383    3 years ago

Tennessee will have a problem with feral cats sent by Biden

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @6    3 years ago

What took you so long?

Thanks for showing Dulay how you really feel about 'foreigners'.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.2  cjcold  replied to  charger 383 @6    3 years ago

Actually we liberals are sending diseased cats from Russia into your right wing homes.

How can one ever trust a cat? 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7  sandy-2021492    3 years ago

Slapfighting comments were cleaned up in thread @3.3  Further slapfighting will result in tickets.