╌>

Report : Trump Will Run Again In 2024 As Long As He Remains In Good Health

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  105 comments

perhaps Trump is just acknowledging the obvious - he knows his fan base on the political right remains solidly behind him so why stop now? 

Poilitico reports today that Donald Trump is telling friends he going to run for president again in 2024, as long as his health as a then 78 year old permits it. 

Perhaps this is a clumsy attempt to distract from the recent news that a grand jury in NY is meeting toconsider criminal tax fraud charges against him, or perhaps Trump is just acknowledging the obvious - he knows his fan base on the political right remains solidly behind him so why stop now?  A new Quinnipiac poll shows 66% of Republicans believing that Trump actually won the 2020 election, not Biden. As long as you have people that stupid but blindly loyal behind you, why not keep the good times and the worshipful rallies coming? 

Which is all more reason for the NY prosecutors to indict him and try and keep this menace from re-entering the fray for national elected office.

All I want to know is when is the national mainstream media going to recognize and begin to launch an attack on the real problem in this country, the typical Trump follower. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Who ever thought in 2015 that senior citizens at that time might have to spend the rest of their lives hearing about Donald Trump?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
Who ever thought in 2015 that senior citizens at that time might have to spend the rest of their lives hearing about Donald Trump?

Anyone who could have predicted that he would be the topic of choice for so long after he left office, or the effect he managed to have on progressives.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    3 years ago

When a criminal, deranged, ex president still has millions of fools falling over one another to worship him, of course his name will stay in the news. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 years ago

And when he lives rent free in millions of progressive heads, he will remain news.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    3 years ago

Trump will stop running for president right around the time conservatives on Newstalkers stop trolling. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    3 years ago

Or when progressives finally quit letting Trump live rent free in their heads.

But is that ever going to happen?
Nope!

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    3 years ago
could have predicted that he would be the topic of choice for so long after he left office, or the effect he managed to have on progressives.

Well, I suppose that the good news is: Unlike Progressives, he's almost never the topic of choice amongst Conservatives!

(And of course he hardly has any effect on Conservative. In fact if you mention his name, most Conservatives have nothing to say...they could care less!!!)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1.1.5    3 years ago

and yet, the progressive left love to talk about him. look at almost any article here and in the posts you stand a very good chance of seeing TDS on display from at least one of them

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    3 years ago

But Texan, had he really retired as most other past POTUS' do, and not continue mouthing off lies about the election and his minions did not continue to follow him rather than live by their own personal principles (as Liz Cheney did), he wouldn't still be newsworthy or a target. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.7    3 years ago

yes, he would have.

Progressives can't afford to let him go.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.9  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    3 years ago
and yet, the progressive left love to talk about him.

You do realize, don't you that this is what this seed is about:

Donald Trump is telling friends he going to run for president again in 2024

I'm curious-- if an ex-president has just announced that he will run for president again--- why do you think that that is not worthy of discussion?

(Maybe we should ban any discussion of politics on this site...come to think of it, I might vote for that!)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1.1.9    3 years ago
You do realize, don't you that this is what this seed is about:  Donald Trump is telling friends he going to run for president again in 2024

Oh, it IS???? Oooops, my bad. Damn!

I'm curious-- if an ex-president has just announced that he will run for president again--- why do you think that that is not worthy of discussion?

Ah, that old trick again--putting words in my mouth or telling me what I think!!!

Let me know when you are ready for a discussion.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.11  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.1.9    3 years ago
and yet, the progressive left love to talk about him.

You do realize, don't you that this is what this seed is about:

Donald Trump is telling friends he going to run for president again in 2024

(Maybe we should ban any discussion of politics on this site...come to think of it, I might vote for that!)

Just checked-- found this:

About The NewsTalkers

About Us           384

Who We Are      

Welcome to The NewsTalkers! We are a social news and politics website that brings articles from across the web, as well as original member commentary for  in depth discussion and debate. We are dedicated to news and political and social enthusiasts that are passionate about government and civic issues —sharing our unique opinions and knowledge. But The Newstalkers are more than just politics and news. We offer discussions ranging from economics, science and technology to social trends and culture. Whether you are looking for information or a good debate, we are here to engage you!

We are dedicated to news and political and social enthusiasts that are passionate about government and civic issues

Which got me thinking-- maybe if we close our eyes and wish real hard-- and then contact Perrie-- she could delete all the references to "politics" and "political " -- and then change the COH so it bans any reference to anything political . (Maybe also ban any current news)?

I have an amazingly  vast body of knowledge re: numerous non-political topics so I could handle that-- probably even enjoy it! But perhaps others here might object?

In any event, I will respect the opinions of the powers that be! jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1.1.11    3 years ago

[deleted]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1.13  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Krishna @1.1.11    3 years ago

jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.14  CB  replied to  Krishna @1.1.5    3 years ago

It's a duty to serve to keep toting Trump 'water' on and off the internet. These phony 'witnesses' are trying to quench Trump criticism in an (futile) effort to hide a buffoon named Trump who is running his bull patty from inside his gilded menagerie - about to be go rally central.

Trump is a fool. His supporters and propagandists are deliberate men and women who selfishly want power, wealth, and influence to stop with Trump and themselves. They have decided Trump is the man to cement their drives and ambitions at the top, and are dedicated to vainly trying to 'quit' talk about Donald until he can re-manifest as "the Monster-in-Charge."

We are not deceived. We see this 'Clown' and his 'league' (small letter - L) for who and what they are! Sovereign (White) Power 'hogs' who do not wish to see this country ever achieve any parity across its many spectrums.

See and know the enemy, then you can best defeat its attempts to topple you.

Breaking News: The January 6th Commission vote fails in the Senate.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    3 years ago
Trump live rent free in their heads.

That phrase you keep repeating over and over means absolutely nothing. 

Personally, I'd be happy to never hear the name Trump ever again.

As long as he and his sycophants remain on stage , I will keep throwing back the rotten tomatoes and shining a bright light on his hate speech and criminal actions.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
1.1.16  Duck Hawk  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.12    3 years ago

So that just proves you are trolling. I don't think Krishna could have spelled it out for you any plainer. I haven't seen you make any post in the last few weeks that isn't trollling an article or person... Is that all you have?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.1.15    3 years ago

Progressives need to keep Trump front and center.

And they are doing wonderful at it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Duck Hawk @1.1.16    3 years ago

[deleted]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.19  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.17    3 years ago

Except for seeds such as this, I don't even think about Trump much. 

Don't watch TV so NPR is my main source of honest news. 

NPR rarely talks Trump as there are so many more important topics.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.20  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    3 years ago
Anyone who could have predicted that he would be the topic of choice for so long after he left office,

Hillary was never in office and the right wing STILL brings her up with regularity. Hannity was crying about Benghazi last week. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.20    3 years ago

This may come as a shock to you, but no one is talking about Hillary Clinton or Sean Hannity or Benghazi.

Nice try at deflecting, though!

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.22  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.21    3 years ago

Hey, your brought it up, not me. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.22    3 years ago
Hey, your brought it up, not me. 

Now you are just making stuff up.

Bad form.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2  Ozzwald    3 years ago

It is remaining out of jail that he should be worrying about.  Can he campaign from a jail cell?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @2    3 years ago

I give it 6 months before he gets on everyone's nerves and they have to put him in PC for his own safety.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1    3 years ago
I give it 6 months before he gets on everyone's nerves and they have to put him in PC for his own safety.

I think he should go straight into a SuperMax.  For his own protection of course.  I mean prisoners are known to " like " small handed men with bone spurs.

Looks like he is ready too.

_v=63f541622148167

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.1    3 years ago

He is practicing for when he puts his foot in his mouth which he does 24/7.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.1    3 years ago

Small hands/big mouth/huge ASSHOLE

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2  Krishna  replied to  Ozzwald @2    3 years ago
Can he campaign from a jail cell?

Or, for that matter-- from inside of a mental Institution? 

(I had been thinking there'sa jail cell for him-- but recent news that some of his closest associates may go on trial-- and faced with the choice between jail and turning on Trump-- they may choose the Plea Deal. 

And the thought of one or more people doing that may well, sadly enuf,  drive him crazy!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  cjcold  replied to  Krishna @2.2    3 years ago
drive him crazy!

A very short trip.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

I think the trmpers will still vote for him after he keels over from a coronary

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1  Hallux  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    3 years ago

Look on the bright side, dying before Donald does will get you into a place he will be banned from.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2  Krishna  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    3 years ago
I think the trmpers will still vote for him after he keels over from a coronary

I agree-- even after he's dead they willstill vote for him! 

And  will probably still contribute money to him:

How Trump Steered Supporters Into Unwitting Donations

Professor Guide
3.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    3 years ago

Ha!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    3 years ago

DeSantis, Noem, and Haley, among others, will be quietly putting out feelers by early next year to sense the public's mood. They will become quite visible leading up to the midterms helping to secure Republican wins in Congress. Trump's star will continue to dim.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

If he wants to, and there is no reason to think he doesn't, Trump will squash all of those people like bugs, at least within the Republican base of voters. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 years ago
at least within the Republican base of voters. 

You're thinking of the brain dead fraction of the base. Most real Republicans want to win in 2024, and that isn't possible with Trump. Someone else will pick up the message and carry it forth. Trump let us down by foolishly helping to lose his own reelection, and also the Senate.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.1    3 years ago
You're thinking of the brain dead fraction of the base.

Good point.

And remember-- those "Brain Dead" are over 50 % of Republicans!

53 percent of Republicans say Trump is true president

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.1    3 years ago

Real republicans want to win?  Okay.  Fine.  But, for what?  End CHOICE, attack birth control, more tax cuts to Corporate, less revenue to the states, reduced restriction on pollution standards, tighten eligibility and ease of voting, more weapons on the streets?  Are there any GOP agendas I missed?

Does the GOP want to win for an agenda or do they want to win for the self protection if may deliver?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.3    3 years ago
do they want to win for the self protection if may deliver?

Yep-- that's it!

Professor Guide
4.1.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Krishna @4.1.2    3 years ago
53 percent of Republicans say Trump is true president

Then he can't run again in 2024.  Term limits don't ya know.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1.5    3 years ago

original

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
4.1.7  Duck Hawk  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.1    3 years ago

I have yet to see many real republicans most have their lips still stuck to the fat ass's backside. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @4.1.2    3 years ago

The other 50% are in Congress.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
4.2  Gazoo  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

Depends on their message. I don’t see trump changing his. It helps whoever runs that dementia boy and giggle bitch are crapping on the country and will continue to do so.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @4.2    3 years ago
... dementia boy and giggle bitch ...

Referring to the PotUS as 'dementia boy' and the V.P. as 'giggle bitch' does not reflect an objective analysis;  it shows irrational partisan bias.    

Professor Guide
4.2.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Gazoo @4.2    3 years ago
It helps whoever runs that dementia boy and giggle bitch are crapping on the country and will continue to do so.

I have never once seen Melania giggle.  

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.2.3  MrFrost  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2.2    3 years ago

I have never once seen Melania giggle.  

Every time she saw donny naked, I would guess. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.1    3 years ago

It shows insanity.  Batshit craziness.  .  . 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.3    3 years ago
Podajte prosím očné bielidlo

(Slovic for - Pass the eye bleach please)

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago
DeSantis, Noem, and Haley, among others, will be quietly putting out feelers by early next year to sense the public's mood.

No way!

If they do Trump's wrath will quickly descend upon them-- and his loyal groupies will follow his lead...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.3    3 years ago
"...his loyal groupies will follow his lead."

And the beat goes on.....

OIP.un44EjkokroYlz_PmlH9_AHaE2?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.2  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.3.1    3 years ago

And the beat goes on....

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.3.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @4.3    3 years ago

With Desantis most like sinking the cruise line injustry in FL (pardon the pun), he can kiss his run goodbye.  Retired seniors there love to take cruises and they will be pissed.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    3 years ago

The man currently dwelling in Mar-a-Lago is not going to try another shot in 2024 because................

1.  Many, if not all of his businesses will be struggling to stave off foreclosure.

2.  Depending on evidentiary proceedings and his lawyer's ( on the assumption he is able to achieve any of high quality ) ability to forestall the release of evidence and the procedures of common subpoenas the man currently dwelling at Mar-a-Lago may find himself frequently in the public light during testimony under oath whereupon his true lack of guile coupled with his arrogance and profound ignorance will assuredly dull the shine he pretends to have which never existed.

3.  There also the real possibility that routine examination of his past financial and personal records will bring to light some things not yet in the discussion concerning legal transgressions both foreign and domestic.

4.  Lastly, one thing the Putin Regime desperately needs is American technology to exploit the Northern Russian Oil Fields.  If Putin is given a trade for trade on these items and others one can be rest assured that what ever Trump's purpose was for The Regime he will quickly become used goods, thusly the cover and support given Trump by The Regime will quickly fade and Trump will find himself in the same place he's always been, naked and alone.   

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @5    3 years ago
The man currently dwelling in Mar-a-Lago is not going to try another shot in 2024 because................

All good points!

And there are two other possible circumstances (as unlikely as they may be)

1. He may be in jail.

2. One (or more) of the many people he's betrayed may assassinate him (God Forbid! jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png ). 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Krishna @5.1    3 years ago

Yes.  There are those possibilities also.

However, I desired to pass on those, not desiring to bring religion into the discussion seeing as how a 'deserved destiny' must be ordained and thusly the justice meted would have to be from a higher power.

Words, their arrangement or placement in context can be fun, right?

This Vietnam veteran wishes all to take a moment at this time to............think and if you knew any of 'the fallen', cherish their memory.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.1    3 years ago

Not forgetting, of course, that being found guilty of proceedings presently being brought against him could prevent his ever serving in a public office again.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.2    3 years ago

More importantly.  I want to know what Melania has been doing these past few months?  Is she still there at Mar-a-Lago?  Or is she hoping she has the 'paper trails' fixed so she doesn't get caught up in the Inauguration Money Fraud scheme which is now under investigation by the D.C. Courts?  You know, the one she'd tried to shift the blame on Stephanie Winston Wolcott who is completely innocent?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.4  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1.1    3 years ago
However, I desired to pass on those, not desiring to bring religion into the discussion seeing as how a 'deserved destiny' must be ordained and thusly the justice meted would have to be from a higher power.

So if I understand you correctly-- you don't think that God (PBUH) will strike him down dead for all of his numerous as well as egregious sins?

(I think we need "an expert second opinion" ...where is MalcolmXXXJefferson when you need him???? jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif )

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.2    3 years ago

And which proceedings do you think will prevent him from running if he chooses?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.6  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1.3    3 years ago
I want to know what Melania has been doing

Rumour has it that she's been thinking of divorce.

(Maybe as the trial(s) against him proceed, she may hasten that decision?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.7  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.5    3 years ago
And which proceedings do you think will prevent him from running if he chooses?

The Criminal ones, surely. And perhaps the civil ones as well?

Lots of expense og vourse-- also time inCourt. 

And terrible publicity for starting a political candidacy!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.8  bbl-1  replied to  Krishna @5.1.6    3 years ago

Perhaps.  But I suspect Melania's thinking is not her strong suit.  If it were she wouldn't be there in the first place.  Besides, she is supposedly worth a little North of $65 million in her own right.  She also raised Barron with Slovenian as his first language and arranged Slovenian citizenship for her son at his birth.  If that means anything.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @5.1.7    3 years ago
The Criminal ones, surely. And perhaps the civil ones as well?

Neither prevents him from running.

Lots of expense og vourse-- also time inCourt.  And terrible publicity for starting a political candidacy!

Neither prevents him from running.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.13  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.5    3 years ago

1. Can Trump run for president from prison?

can ...

May 26, 2021  · In that instance, Shaw outlines three options:   Trump could   be impeached again, Congress   could   initiate 25 th amendment   proceedings   to remove   Trump   from   office , or   Trump could   present the case to ...

1. Prosecutors Convene Grand Jury   That Could   Weigh Potential ...

May 25, 2021  · A series of bombshell New York Times reports that outlined how   Trump   and his associates allegedly avoided paying tax successfully for years reignited   public   calls for investigation.   Trump   is currently facing one other criminal investigation by a county prosecutor’s   office   in Georgia, where he attempted to pressure state leaders to overturn ...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.1.14  1stwarrior  replied to  dennis smith @5.1.10    3 years ago

My hero and mentor - Thank you for your service Dad - WWII, Korea and Vietnam - USAR retired '68 - LtCol.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
5.1.15  Duck Hawk  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.9    3 years ago

Except, Felons are prohibited from holding public office.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Duck Hawk @5.1.15    3 years ago
Except, Felons are prohibited from holding public office.

Wrong, and I can prove it. Can YOU prove YOUR claim?

Felons in Elected Office - FactCheck.org

You shouldn't make a claim that can so easily be debunked with a 10 second Google search.

Okay, I have proved my claim, time for you to prove yours.

Go!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1.17  cjcold  replied to  dennis smith @5.1.11    3 years ago

Mueller found him to be guilty of crimes but would not prosecute a sitting president. Everybody knew that the GOP senate would not convict due to partisan politics. 

Trump is likely guilty of enough crimes in his past to earn him a very long stretch in prison.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @5.1.17    3 years ago

Mueller was in no position to declare anyone guilty of anything. His job was to investigate, not declare guilt.

That is the task for a jury or judge. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1.19  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.18    3 years ago

Obviously you did not read the report.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @5.1.19    3 years ago

Obviously you can't support your claim.

Quote the report, please, where Mueller declares Trump guilty, as you claimed.

Should I wait, or just cut to the chase now and say that you couldn't?

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
5.1.21  Duck Hawk  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.16    3 years ago

Your link only talks about Congress and not the Presidency, try again?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  Duck Hawk @5.1.21    3 years ago

Gee, is your Google thingy broken?

Here ya go since it seems difficult:

Requirements for the President of the United States  |  The Presidential Election Process  |  Elections  |  Classroom Materials at the Library of Congress  |  Library of Congress (loc.gov)

Legal requirements for presidential candidates have remained the same since the year Washington accepted the presidency. As directed by the  Constitution , a presidential candidate must be a natural born citizen of the United States, a resident for 14 years, and 35 years of age or older.

Now what do you have to say about your phony claim?

Oh, and BTW, here is what the link said that you claimed didn't prove my point:

Q: Can a convicted felon serve in elected office? A: The Constitution allows a convicted felon to be a member of Congress, even if in prison. It’s up to the Senate or House to decide who may serve. As for state offices, different laws apply in different places.

In case it is all still too confusing, the Office of the President is an elected office.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
5.1.23  Duck Hawk  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.22    3 years ago

So your saying you would trust the Presidency to someone who can't hold a security clearance? Makes it kind of hard to do the job, and the Cabinet meetings should be fun; will they be held in the day room with prison guards present?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Duck Hawk @5.1.23    3 years ago

is THAT what you think you read in my post?

the question was about eligibility to serve as President, which you made a false claim about. I just showed you the facts.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.25  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @5.1    3 years ago

I also don't want him assassinated, although I would not shed a tear if it happened.  I want him in prison.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.26  Ender  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1.25    3 years ago

I would never want that. They would make him a martyr. (puke)

Let him claim he has the bigliest, bestest jailcell there is.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.27  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ender @5.1.26    3 years ago

He will also claim that his blows the best prisoners.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.28  CB  replied to  Ender @5.1.26    3 years ago

When you are a celebrity in prison, you get to grab them by the— Wait A Minute!   

Dirty Boy jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.2  pat wilson  replied to  bbl-1 @5    3 years ago
legal transgressions both foreign and domestic.

That won't bother his devotees. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

I'm hoping he has pretty much burned all his bridges behind him.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  Krishna  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6    3 years ago

I'm hoping he has pretty much burned all his bridges behind him.

IIRC, recent polls would indicate that that is not the case...at least amongst  most Republicans.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6    3 years ago

He didn't have to burn them.  He stood on them and they collapsed.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7  TᵢG    3 years ago

Trump making a declaration means nothing to me.   The man is the most egregious pathological liar I am aware of.   Why would I take anything he claims as truth?

CB
Professor Principal
8  CB    3 years ago
[T]he typical Trump follower. 

Lord, we're going to need some help down here, because this bull patty is thick and solidified!

Professor Guide
8.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  CB @8    3 years ago

Ewww but true.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Trump Will Run Again In 2024 As Long As He Remains In Good Health

Fingers crossed he doesn’t run then. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1  Krishna  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @9    3 years ago

I'm kinda hoping he will.

Why? Because while he remains popular-- almost godlike-- for part of the Republican Party--- there are all a significatn number that want him to..disappear!

But then there are the Dems..and the Independents....

I could be wrong, but because of his total nutiness, his lies. his accelerating the spread of Covid..and other stuff.. I think he'd be the easiest to beat!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Krishna @9.1    3 years ago

When he loses we’ll have to go through all this shit again.  I just hope he gets a really painful illness a dies a slow and agonizing death. jrSmiley_36_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @9.1.1    3 years ago

The re-re-re-re-re-counts of trumpturd's election are still ongoing - not just in Arizona, about six other places also.  We're still not free of the trumpturd shit.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @9.1    3 years ago

If he had so much support, then why didn't his JAR rarely get past the low 40's?

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1.4  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.2    3 years ago
We're still not free of the trumpturd shit.

I think that's true-- and will be true even after he dies-- or jailed.

However, his influence would probably decrease-- amongst some of his supporters.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1.3    3 years ago
If he had so much support, then why didn't his JAR rarely get past the low 40's?

Sorry-- my comment wasn't clear. What I mean to say that he remains highly popular with the majority of Republics.

(Although a minority don't like him.

But with Democrats and even Independents, he is unpopular for the most part. (While Independents are divided, the major doesn't like him.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @9.1.4    3 years ago

Moses had the right idea.  Banish them to a desert until their toxic, ignorant, and dangerous generation dies off.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
10  cjcold    3 years ago

What with Trump's diet (Big Macs), his lack of exercise and poor physical condition (lying in bed all day eating Big Macs), and his poor mental health (watching Fox all day while lying in bed eating Big Macs), it's a wonder that he is still alive. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1  TᵢG  replied to  cjcold @10    3 years ago

c37e5dea72484d41335d2e036d4ea9c3.jpg

Ender
Professor Principal
11  Ender    3 years ago

So the conservatives were complaining about Biden's age and donald will be the same age come the next election.

I am willing to bet age will no longer be a problem for some.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ender @11    3 years ago

Trump's new product will be bibs and drool cups.