╌>

North Korea defector criticizes 'privileged' Gwen Berry

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  212 comments

By:   Gabrielle Fonrouge (New York Post)

North Korea defector criticizes 'privileged' Gwen Berry
A human rights activist who escaped oppression in North Korea called US Olympian Gwen Berry "spoiled" for turning her back on the American flag -- saying she doesn't know how good she has it.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A human rights activist who escaped oppression in North Korea called US Olympian Gwen Berry "spoiled" for turning her back on the American flag — saying she doesn't know how good she has it.

Yeonmi Park, who defected from the hermit kingdom in 2007, told "Fox & Friends" Thursday that Berry's decision to snub the Stars and Stripes as the national anthem played is "unthinkable."

"In North Korea, people who are actually oppressed don't even know they're oppressed," Park told the outlet.

"The fact that she's complaining about oppression and systemic racism — she does not understand that she's so privileged."

The defector said if Berry committed the same actions in North Korea, she'd be killed.

"If she was North Korean, not only herself will be executed, [also] eight generations of her family can be sent to political prison camp and execution," Park griped.

Yeonmi Park said Gwen Berry "does not understand that she's so privileged. "Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Tory Burch Foundation

Meanwhile, Berry, an outspoken activist for black rights, insisted that her protest during Olympic trials over the weekend doesn't mean she hates the US.

The athlete said she just has an issue with the national anthem itself because of a reference it makes to slavery and the composer's ties to the trade.

"If you know your history, you know the full song of the national anthem, the third paragraph speaks to slaves in America, our blood being slain … all over the floor," Berry told Black News Channel on Monday.

Gwen Berry says the full lyrics of "The Star-Spangled Banner" are disrespectful and it does not speak for black Americans. AP/Ashley Landis

"It's disrespectful and it does not speak for black Americans. It's obvious. There's no question."

However, Park — who says she was also sold into slavery — disagreed with the two-time Olympic-qualifying hammer thrower.

"The fact that she's complaining about this country, the most tolerant country, she doesn't really understand history," she said.

"I was a slave … I was sold in China in 2007 as a child at 13 years old. The people actually called slavery under Chinese Communist Party in North Korea. There is actual injustice."

Park added that there are "people dying to come to America at this very moment" and Berry is taking her freedom for granted.

Yeonmi Park said that if Gwen Berry were North Korean and protested during the anthem, she would be executed. via REUTERS

"I just hope they go to North Korea, China and see how humans are being oppressed," Park said, referring to people who criticize the US.

"And they will truly understand how valuable the freedom that we have is."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

The poignant words of a former slave.

So true!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

bfd. that fascist BS spilling out of her mouth is what's left over from what her new FOX autocrat friends left in it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago

I think she does. I think she treasures it.  

It is so sad to see it abused.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago
"It is so sad to see it abused."

How so?  Speaking someone's mind is abusing freedom of speech?

THAT DOES NOT COMPUTE

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    3 years ago
Speaking someone's mind is abusing freedom of speech?

It's like someone saying the election was stolen.  That's in the same category.

DOES IT COMPUTE NOW?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    3 years ago

interesting take. rightwing idiocy = unconstitutional activities. you may have something there.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    3 years ago

NO

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.5    3 years ago

No?  Two people use their freedom of speech. One declares an election as stolen even though he has no proof. The other turns her back on the flag that represents a nation that bent over backwards for her race, put it into a bubble and did everything possible to elevate one specific group.

I'd say that is abusing a right much of the world does not have.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago
It is so sad to see it abused.

You know what's an abuse to free speech:

"Jews will not replace us"

"White Power! White Power"

"They're rapists"

"The election was stolen"

You know why those are abuses, IMO? The first 3 are hate speech...the 4th is a goddamn lie

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    3 years ago
"The other turns her back on the flag that represents a nation that bent over backwards for her race, put it into a bubble and did everything possible to elevate one specific group."
I say that equates to a goddamn lie.  Sorry for stealing your words TG.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.7    3 years ago

And none of them apply to anything.

I have as much chance of running into a "White Supremacist" as I would being hit by lightning. That goes double for Ms Berry.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.7    3 years ago
"You know why those are abuses, IMO? The first 3 are hate speech...the 4th is a goddamn lie"

Yeah, that's your typical example of abuse of 'free speech' - the election was stolen from me

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.8    3 years ago

Use your own words and please leave them up.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.10    3 years ago

Speak for yourself.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.10    3 years ago

It was pointless exercise in futility. Why do I even bother?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.12    3 years ago

I am.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    3 years ago
"I have as much chance of running into a "White Supremacist" as I would being hit by lightning. That goes double for Ms Berry."

How would you know this?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    3 years ago

"No?"

NO!

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.18  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    3 years ago
I have as much chance of running into a "White Supremacist" as I would being hit by lightning

I live in the deep south where leftists think that pretty much every white person is a white supremacist because....well....they're white....and they live in the south.

THAT is liberal logic.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.19  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    3 years ago
No?  Two people use their freedom of speech. One declares an election as stolen even though he has no proof. The other turns her back on the flag that represents a nation that bent over backwards for her race

I don't recall anyone here calling for those who lie about the election, which is their right, to be executed. Perhaps that should happen to the insurrectionists who attacked our Capital on January 6th, but I am not hearing any liberals or progressives claim that those simply repeating the lies they've been fed by right wing media to be executed and their families to the eighth generation executed. They aren't abusing their rights by making such nonsensical claims, they're just abusing the truth and thankfully for them being a liar is not a capital offense in our country, unless of course you also attack our capital.

Also, why do you think our nation "bent over backwards for her race"? That's a strangely racist thing to say. Perhaps from the perspective of those who feel they are somehow superior, somehow higher than black Americans would feel the need to "bend over" for them. Fuck those kinds of bigots. Treating people with respect and equality isn't "bending over" to help them, it's simply looking them in the eye, being on the same level, and extending a hand in friendship and welcoming them as the productive and cherished members of a society that was largely built on their ancestors backs that they have as much right to as anyone else.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.20  1stwarrior  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.19    3 years ago

Arlington National Cemetery contains over 400,000 reasons why you stand for the National Anthem.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.22  devangelical  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.20    3 years ago
Arlington National Cemetery contains over 400,000 reasons why you stand for the National Anthem.

incorrect. over 400,000 reasons why it's not legal requirement of any american.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.22    3 years ago

Some people know how to show respect, some obviously do not.

Gwen Berry appears not to know.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.24  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.23    3 years ago

... while other people have more than a superficial grasp of the concepts of true freedom and liberty, without succumbing to the social pressures of those that are willfully ignorant of either.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.25  MrFrost  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.20    3 years ago

And every single one of the brave souls died protecting a persons right to not stand for the National Anthem if they so choose. I agree, not standing is offensive, but I do recognise their right to do so. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.24    3 years ago

You can put lipstick on a pig but it remains a pig.

She didn't show respect for the flag of the country she wants to represent. Not acceptable to me, she can voice her objection to this country in another venue.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.27  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.26    3 years ago

As if it were up to you. Were do you get off?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.27    3 years ago

I am allowed to voice my opinion, and if anyone doesn't like it, they can fuck off.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.29  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.26    3 years ago

who is more of an american? a person that knows their constitutional rights and fully utilizes them, or some jag-off that thinks they can impose their warped ideals of those rights on other americans?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.30  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.28    3 years ago
I am allowed to voice my opinion, and if anyone doesn't like it, they can fuck off.

...yet you would deny that same privilege to those that don't agree with you? got it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.29    3 years ago

They are both Americans.

If you have a point, please make it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.32  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.30    3 years ago

What a pathetically weak and dishonest attempt to put words in my mouth.

Ain't gonna happen.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.33  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.31    3 years ago
If you have a point, please make it.

you just did. thanks.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.30    3 years ago

I sure hope one day you do actually get it. I see no evidence for the claim.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.35  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.32    3 years ago
What a pathetically weak and dishonest attempt to put words in my mouth.

words wouldn't be my first choice...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.36  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.33    3 years ago

So you can't make it yourself.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.37  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.35    3 years ago

Then perhaps you should stop the weak attempts

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago
The poignant words of a former slave.

How dare Gwen use her constitutionally protected rights to disrespect the flag of a country! /s

"The defector said if Berry committed the same actions in North Korea, she'd be killed."

Apparently this defector hasn't realized that this is exactly what makes us great, our right to protest, our right to express ourselves, our freedom of speech and freedom of expression. Basically, by Fox putting this defector on they are essentially advocating for North Korean authoritarian reaction and a violent response to such a protester. No doubt it's resonating with the conservative fascists and white supremacists who wish they could arrest Gwen Barry and execute her for availing herself of her freedom of speech.

"If she was North Korean, not only herself will be executed, [also] eight generations of her family can be sent to political prison camp and execution,"

If they're so concerned with what North Korea would do and are apparently angry that isn't happening to Gwen Barry, perhaps they should go back. I really do think many right wing conservatives wish they lived in a white Christian controlled version of North Korea. Everyone else who isn't conforming to their white Christian Patriarchy rules apparently should be turned into slave labor or executed along with their progressive liberal freedom loving family and relatives.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    3 years ago

You hit it out of the park as usual DP!

Bravo!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

The defector from the communist regime of North Korea is exactly right.  Sometimes it takes a new citizens perspective for the rest of us to see how good we have it here and how utterly spoiled certain whiners are.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.1  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3    3 years ago

... especially those that whine incessantly about the non-existent loss of religious freedom.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    3 years ago

"saying she doesn't know how good she has it"

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago

this defector is a budding right wing media star, the next Candace Owens one might say. Hopefully this one will be more accurate than the original. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

"Defector?"  That's what North Korea would call her.  She is a former slave in contrast to the spoiled trash that turned her back on the flag.

Try refugee.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

Your own headline calls her a defector. Get a grip Vic. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    3 years ago

No John, that's the Post's headline.

Am I allowed to say "get a grip?"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    3 years ago
No John, that's the Post's headline.

Did you read it before you seeded it? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.3    3 years ago

Tell me what I missed?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to    3 years ago

As long as she marches in lock step with the Party Line. The only thing she doesn't realize is she traded one oppressive/repressive regime for a party that is striving to become like the despotic hell hole she escaped from

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  dennis smith @3.1.5    3 years ago

As if you know anything about coherence. lol. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @3.1.9    3 years ago

Yes, that's true dennis.  Yours are always childish responses.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

Defector is right!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @3.2    3 years ago

Liberals, still pining away for total totalitarian control like the have in North Korea and China.

Funny how illegal immigrants coming up from the south are refugees seeking sanctuary; but and actual refugee from a country that is far more oppressive than anything found in South America, Central America, or Mexico is a "defector".

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.2  bugsy  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.1    3 years ago
Funny how illegal immigrants coming up from the south are refugees seeking sanctuary; but and actual refugee from a country that is far more oppressive than anything found in South America, Central America, or Mexico is a "defector".

Well, truth is, she's Asian, and we have all seen videos of what liberals do to Asians without provocation....all in liberal cities.

evilone
Professor Guide
3.2.3  evilone  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.1    3 years ago
Liberals, still pining away for total totalitarian control like the have in North Korea and China.

It's not the liberals wanting to punish Berry for not be "patriotic" enough. It's not liberals wanting to force private businesses like Facebook to publishing propaganda. It's not liberals trying to pass laws to criminalize female sexuality. It's not liberals changing voting laws because they lost the last election. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @3.2.2    3 years ago

show us those videos

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Kavika   replied to  evilone @3.2.3    3 years ago

Don't expect anything coherent from Ronin.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.6  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.4    3 years ago

Here you go....

There are plenty more

And before you say "How do you know they are liberals?"

Look at the cities these attacks are taking place. They are deep blue cities, very few conservatives, if any, live in many of them, and by the looks of the suspects, according to most liberals, there is NO WAY they are Trump supporters.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @3.2.6    3 years ago

Talk about a sweeping generalization! So what you are basically saying you can't prove those are liberals attacking Asians

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.8  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.7    3 years ago

Good God reading the liberal mind is so easy.

I said "before you say how do I know these are liberals", I explained to you how.....and you STILL asked the stupid question.

Funny how the leftists on here do not have to prove anything when they claim all Trump supporters are racist. To most of them, that is an automatic.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @3.2.8    3 years ago

You assumed that they were liberal because these attacks occurred in large, democratic cities. However, that's an assumption on your part. There's no proof, you don't even try to back up your claim you just go with "They're in blue cities....duh"

And as for the rest of your meta rant...meh.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.10  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.9    3 years ago

I see you decided to ignore the other part of my unbreakable reasoning.

Not only are these attacks taking place in blue cities, every one of the suspects are black.

According to most leftists, there is NO WAY blacks can be Trump supporters, ie, Republicans.

So what party, then, do you think they believe in?

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.11  Ender  replied to  bugsy @3.2.8    3 years ago
when they claim all Trump supporters are racist. To most of them, that is an automatic

Reading a lot of the responses the last several days, it is an easy conclusion to come to.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.12  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.9    3 years ago

Doncha know, all people in a 'Liberal' city are Liberals.

Conversely, sense I live in a conservative area, does that mean I am conservative?  Gasp...

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.13  bugsy  replied to  Ender @3.2.11    3 years ago
Reading a lot of the responses the last several days, it is an easy conclusion to come to

So how about posting some of those responses and explain to us why YOU think they are racist.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.14  bugsy  replied to  Ender @3.2.12    3 years ago
Conversely, sense I live in a conservative area, does that mean I am conservative? 

No, but by liberal logic, if you are white and live in a conservative area, you are more than likely a racist white supremacist.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.15  JBB  replied to  bugsy @3.2.14    3 years ago

You are definitely no expert on liberal logic!

Gazoo
Junior Silent
3.2.16  Gazoo  replied to  bugsy @3.2.13    3 years ago

She’ll never respond with examples but i’d love to see her try.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3.2.15    3 years ago

Not an expert on anything

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.18  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.17    3 years ago

I dunno, seems pretty adept at repeating unfounded R memes...

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.19  Ender  replied to  bugsy @3.2.13    3 years ago

All one had to do is read some of the recent threads.

If you need things explained to you....

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.20  Ender  replied to  bugsy @3.2.14    3 years ago

Guess what. I am white and live in a conservative area and yes, I am around some racist assholes.

You all can keep denying things all you want. Doesn't make it go away or magically disappear. 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.21  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.17    3 years ago

Some live in denial.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.23  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @3.2.18    3 years ago

Faux 'news' has found their newest anchor.

'I'll say anything if you pay me to'

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.24  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @3.2.10    3 years ago

Wait...wait...wait...

Didn't I hear something from one of you about more blacks voted for trmp this time around? Or am I just reading things wrong again. I do that a lot as you know

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.25  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @3.2.12    3 years ago

Same here. I live in a red state and red town. All of my friends vote red. And here I am a blue bleeding heart liberal!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.26  Trout Giggles  replied to  Gazoo @3.2.16    3 years ago

Ender is  a man.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.27  bugsy  replied to  Ender @3.2.19    3 years ago
All one had to do is read some of the recent threads.

So post them then. If you are so adamant about your beliefs, you should be able to reproduce them.

If not, well then.....

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.28  bugsy  replied to  JBB @3.2.15    3 years ago
You are definitely no expert on liberal logic!

You're right..

It doesn't take any form of expertise....or trying....to defeat your arguments.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.29  bugsy  replied to  Gazoo @3.2.16    3 years ago
She’ll never respond with examples but i’d love to see her try.

I know she won't. Her response was exactly as I imagined it.

No substance.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.30  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.24    3 years ago
Didn't I hear something from one of you about more blacks voted for trmp this time around

They did, however, white democrats are in hatred denial. They still can't believe something they own escaped.

Happened a lot in the 18th and 19th centuries.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.32  bugsy  replied to    3 years ago

So where am I wrong?

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.34  bugsy  replied to    3 years ago

If you are assuming that I am another poster, you are sadly wrong.

I also see that you can't show me where I am wrong about my comment, so I am moving on to something more important.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.35  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @3.2.12    3 years ago

You know a poster said on one of his 'articles' that crime only happens in blue cities. . . unreal

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.36  Tessylo  replied to    3 years ago

Better?  Ha!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.37  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @3.2.15    3 years ago

Because there is no such thing…

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.38  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.37    3 years ago

You are another one who has no idea how liberals think or believe but you still think that you are some kind of expert. You are not...

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.39  bugsy  replied to  JBB @3.2.38    3 years ago

Oh, we know.

We see it loud and clear on here.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    3 years ago

Whatever your personal situation is it’s easy to find fault with it if that’s your goal. But sometimes, it is useful to look around at the larger world and consider the alternatives. Then you might see that things are better than you imagined.

What Berry is doing is worse though. She attacks the symbols of the country that gave her the opportunity to succeed in the first place. And she is - at best - disingenuous about her behaviors and motivations. Thus: 

Meanwhile, Berry, an outspoken activist for black rights, insisted that her protest during Olympic trials over the weekend doesn't mean she hates the US.

does not align with

Gwen Berry says the full lyrics of "The Star-Spangled Banner" are disrespectful and it does not speak for black Americans.

It’s a bit like saying, “I’m not racist but . . . “ and then following it with something racist. She says she doesn’t hate America but then treats America as some kind of enemy.

Further, her animosity is rooted in ignorance and intolerance of the anthem. For one thing, the third verse of the poem is not part of the national anthem, and even if it were, it doesn’t mean what she evidently thinks it means.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @4    3 years ago

[deleted]

evilone
Professor Guide
5  evilone    3 years ago

Sweet. Let's excuse racism in America, because it's not as bad as North Korea. Is this the best fucking argument [deleted? Nice job.]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  evilone @5    3 years ago

My thoughts exactly EG.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.2  Kavika   replied to  evilone @5    3 years ago

Don't forget that the seeder considers her trash then it would seem that it is their best argument. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @5.2    3 years ago

[deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.2.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.1    3 years ago

Rest of thread removed for Meta. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.2.15    3 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.17  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.2.15    3 years ago

jrSmiley_11_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.2.18  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @5.2    3 years ago

deleted

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.19  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @5.2.18    3 years ago

Flying+Pig.jpg

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @5.2.18    3 years ago

You mean here?

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.2.21  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.20    3 years ago

Yes that's it exactly. Thank you.

The seeder doesn't seem to want to man up to what he said.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.22  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @5.2.21    3 years ago

It may be a new day but it's the same old horse manure

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Unthinkable to Park, maybe, but she grew up and got away from a very repressive regime where freedom and liberty are dirty words.

She has read the US Constitution, hasn't she? I hope she understands that the same right she has to criticize Gwen Berry also applies to Gwen Berry criticizing the national anthem

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 years ago

she's collecting 2 different paychecks. foxbots have been duped again.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @6.1    3 years ago

My thoughts exactly!  They're paying this defector how much to say this I wonder?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 years ago

They don't seem to get that TG!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 years ago
Gwen Berry

Gwen Berry wanted some attention. Today she got it - from the best!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3    3 years ago

the best who?

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.3.2  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3.1    3 years ago

... partisan propagandist?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @6.3.2    3 years ago

I still don't know...Vic never answered my question

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.4  1stwarrior  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.4.1  Tessylo  replied to  1stwarrior @6.4    3 years ago

What  a stupid meaningless meme.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
7  bugsy    3 years ago

I personally would not call her trash, but to not respect the country that gave you all the weapons needed to be successful, have all the rights given to all citizens and not disrespect the one article that is supposed to bring us all together,then they are getting close to that call.

Now, what do you think about her past posts of her holding up the American flag as if she is proud to represent this country? What happened? Did she just now become woke? Is she pissed that she was first in 2016 when her past photos went up and she is only third now?

Does that give excuse at claiming woke racism?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

For disgracing the nation.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    3 years ago

She didn't.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    3 years ago

I think that depends on your perspective. I would never do anything like that but I'm not black, either. I wasn't raised in Ms. Berry's world. I don't share her experiences

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.2    3 years ago

There is no excuse for anyone doing it, especially those that this nation has moved heaven & earth for in the past 60 years.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.2.1    3 years ago

Please tell me what how this country has "moved heaven and earth for"

Sounds a bit hyperbolic, there, Vic

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.2.1    3 years ago
especially those that this nation has moved heaven & earth for in the past 60 years.

Now you are going to make me throw up Vic. You want people of color to be grateful to you for being given rights that white people have had from the beginning?  You have to be kidding. 

100 years passed from the emancipation until the Civil Rights Act. 100 fucking years. And you think you are owed gratitude?  

I better stop before I go off on you. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.2.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.3    3 years ago
Now you are going to make me throw up Vic.

Oh dear, we don't want that.

You want people of color to be grateful to you for being given rights that white people have had from the beginning? 

I expect them to appreciate (and many of them do) all that has been done in their name starting with an estimated 1.5 million casualties during the Civil War. Since then we took many actions against the south, the Civil Rights Acts, A Civil Rights Division at the DOJ, affirmative action, tolerance in times of racial strife and most recently special preferences under the Biden Administration which violate the constitution. No other group has been favored in such a manner.

Our problems involving race seem to be related to white progressives who seem to want to use race to win elections.

As far as Ms Berry is concerned, she has zero to complain about.

I better stop before I go off on you. 

Yes, you better!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.2.4    3 years ago
No other group has been favored in such a manner.

No other group was enslaved, although the treatment of the Native Americans (almost entirely by whites) was horrific and inexcusable to a similar degree, if in a different way. 

You are tone deaf to an incredible degree , and I think that if this forum allowed it you would hear yourself described by other members in a way that might startle you. 

People of color have no reason to be grateful or to owe a debt of gratitude to whites. It is completely absurd and offensive. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.2.4    3 years ago

So according to YOU she has nothing to complain about.  [removed]

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.2.8  Thrawn 31  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.2.4    3 years ago

Lol, if one group created the fucked up situation for another group, the other group doesn’t have to be thankful or grateful or appreciate when the first group tries to unfuck what they fucked up to begin with. 

If you damage my car in a parking lot I am not going to “appreciate” you or your insurance covering the repairs. You broke it so you fucking fix it.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     3 years ago

Native Americans have been enslaved, had both cultural genocide and ethnic cleansing used against us for 500 years. I don't owe a debt of gratitude to whites for anything. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @9    3 years ago
I don't owe a debt of gratitude to whites for anything. 

Ditto. They have been trying to exterminate the Native Americans for hundreds of years. They have yet to learn that the harder they try, the harder it gets. We are the soul of the land, we are the care takers of the land and all living beings that abides here.

When they learn that and accept it, we will all live a peaceful and productive life here in America.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Kavika @9    3 years ago

I don’t know that anyone these days is saying you all do… but what’s done is done. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Thrawn 31 @9.2    3 years ago

Check comment 8.2.1. 

And no it's not done Thawn we are in court on a regular basis to defend our rights and property and or get back what was stolen from us by both the federal and state governments.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Kavika @9.2.1    3 years ago

Stolen, conquered, happens to everyone eventually. Not that it is right, but it is not unique either. 

And that is Vic, it isn't surprising that he thinks he is doing you a favor by acknowledging a fuckup. 

Ender
Professor Principal
9.3  Ender  replied to  Kavika @9    3 years ago

This white guy likes ya.  Haha

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Is this still a thing? Who cares? Much bigger news in sports is that my Suns have made it to the finals for the first time in 28 years.

As an Arizona sports fan I am prepared to be completely let down in about a week.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @10    3 years ago

You never know.  Look at what happened with the Mets in 1969.  They went from just being The Mets to The Amazing Mets with their unbelievable World Series win.

Go Suns!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

It’s a shame berry will represent this country.  I hope she finishes last  and fades into obscurity. But of course attacking America and whining about oppression is the best way to get noticed and cash in.  The media will make her a hero and anti American corporations like Nike will probably run ad campaigns about her. 

The truth is She’s nothing but a spoiled, ignorant kid.

Hallux
Masters Principal
11.1  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @11    3 years ago

Did you feel the same way about Megan Rapinoe?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hallux @11.1    3 years ago

Yep.  She made herself quite a bit of scratch playing the oppressed card. It’s the golden ticket. 

JBB
Professor Principal
11.2  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @11    3 years ago

No, the truth is that she is a three time US National Champion World Record Holding Olympic Athlete.

I never heard of anyone achieving that without a whole lot of hard work, determination and heart.

Your anger and hate can't take that away from her.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @11.2    3 years ago
e truth is that she is a three time US National Champion World Record Holding Olympic Athlete

What are you talking about? Is that supposed to be addressed to me for some reason?

Rapinoe's made millions in  endorsements because she kneels during the anthem and plays the oppression card. If she were just a great soccer player, she'd be a lot poorer. 

JBB
Professor Principal
11.2.2  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.2.1    3 years ago

No Dude, We were talking about Gwen Berry.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @11.2.2    3 years ago

Okay… that doesn’t change what I wrote. Being anti American is a great business move for her. If she spits on the flag after winning a medal, Nike and other corporations will make her generationally wealthy and the media will make her a hero.  It’s the Kapernick  model.

i thought she was younger, but she’s actually over thirty. So I retract the part where I called her a kid.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @11.2    3 years ago
"Your anger and hate can't take that away from her."

Yeah, that's a lot of anger and hate isn't it for someone standing up (silently) against oppression.  Sad.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.2.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.2.3    3 years ago

She’s one American I hope doesn’t get anywhere near the medal platform in the olympics.  

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @11    3 years ago

If you are really going to cheer for the Germans and Russians against the US please do it in a sports bar.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @11.3    3 years ago

I can only imagine how bored I would have to be to actually watch this event. But if I did, I would of course root for the women who beat her in qualifying.

I can’t even imagine how your turned this into cheering for Germans or Russians. That’s some bizarre neural connections right there.

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3.2  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.3.1    3 years ago

No Dude, You straight up said that you hope Berry finishes last in the Olympics which means that you intend on rooting against The United States of America in the Olympics.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.3.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @11.3.2    3 years ago

I hope she does finish last. I hope the Americans in her event who don’t hate America win.  How bad did you hurt yourself playing the Super American Patriot  card over an American who hates America? You have to realize by now  how silly that is.

I would hope a neo  Nazi or communist American athlete finishes last in their event too.  So you would root for an openly racist runner just because he was an American?  

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3.4  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.3.3    3 years ago

Just how many US Champion World Record Holding Hammer Throwers do you think the United States is sending to the Olympics?

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3.5  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.3.3    3 years ago

No US Olympians are Nazis or America haters.

You need to calm down and regain proportions.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.6  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @11.3.4    3 years ago

Doesn't really matter, just hoping this ungrateful wench doesn't medal.

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3.7  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @11.3.6    3 years ago

I imagine you really do hate Berry that badly.

Why? 

Also, I have never heard of an adult black woman being referred to as a "Wench" outside of a really bad racist antebellum bodice ripper...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.3.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @11.3.4    3 years ago

They send three and she finished third. I have no idea what their resumes are. I did see Deanna Price, the US record holder,   won the event and threw the hammer 20 feet farther than berry.

you get berry  finished third in qualifying, right?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.3.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @11.3.7    3 years ago

lt black woman being referred to as a "Wench" outside of a really bad racist antebellum bodice ripper

That’s some taste in “literature” you have.

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3.10  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.3.8    3 years ago

Just be sure to be in a crowded public place when you cheer against Berry in the Olympics.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.11  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @11.3.7    3 years ago

No hate, strong dislike.

I hope any other Americans medal!

USA, USA!

LOL

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3.12  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.3.9    3 years ago

It was not me who referred to a our black US Olympian as a "wench" which is a racial slur...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.3.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @11.3.12    3 years ago

Lol.  Wench is not a “racial” slur.  Just because it might have appeared  in the racist antebellum bodice rippers you favor, it doesn’t make it a “racial” slur.  

here’s the definition. Pay particular attention to the lack of any racial connotation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.14  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @11.3.7    3 years ago
Also, I have never heard of an adult black woman being referred to as a "Wench" outside of a really bad racist antebellum bodice ripper...

Oh, for crying out loud.............................wtf?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.15  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.3.13    3 years ago

Is there anything, anything at all, that progressive liberals can't turn into a race thing?

Seriously, because I am 62 years old and have never, ever in my life heard that "wench" is a racial slur.

Where in hell do they GET this crap from??

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3.16  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @11.3.15    3 years ago

Referring to a black woman as a "Wench" is definitely a racial slur and you know it is...

Read this if you're still ignorant of this fact.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.17  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @11.3.16    3 years ago
Referring to a black woman as a "Wench" is definitely a racial slur and you know it is...

Did you read my comment? Did you understand it?

Wench | Definition of Wench by Merriam-Webster

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3.18  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @11.3.17    3 years ago

I understand that you intended on being as reprehensible and as vulgar as possible when referring to Ms Berry and went too far...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.19  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @11.3.18    3 years ago
I understand that you intended on being as reprehensible and as vulgar as possible when referring to Ms Berry and went too far...

then you misunderstood. I never intended it in ANY racial way, as I have never even heard it being a racial thing. 

Just pretend I wrote "fucking bitch" instead, okay?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11.3.20  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JBB @11.3    3 years ago

I would pay good money to see that.

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3.22  JBB  replied to  dennis smith @11.3.21    3 years ago

Actually yes, it is. When was the last time you actually heard a woman called a "Wench"?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11.3.23  Tacos!  replied to  JBB @11.3.22    3 years ago
When was the last time you actually heard a woman called a "Wench"?

You can hear it today, if you want. There’s a restaurant around here called Gulliver’s . The name derives from “Gulliver’s Travels.” They specialize in food and ambience that is intended to evoke a feeling of 18th century England. The portions are generous and the prime rib is pretty good.

Here, you see a picture of the wait staff.

original

If you go, one of these ladies will greet you at your table and introduce herself as “your serving wench for the evening.”

All of them are white, though, so maybe they’re using the word incorrectly?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.24  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @11.3.22    3 years ago

Some people can find alleged racism in everything. It is tiring, lame, and utterly stupid.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.3.25  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @11.3.24    3 years ago

What's tiring, lame, and utterly stupid about it, is those that deny the truth.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.26  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @11.3.25    3 years ago

I have never heard that "wench" is a racial slur and did not use it that way.

How in HELL could I use something as a racial slur when I never even heard of that shit?

And I don't give a flying fuck who believes it or not.

Clowns can find racism even where it doesn't exist.

Must be some special power many progressive liberals attain upon graduation.

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.3.27  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @11.3.26    3 years ago
attain upon graduation.

maybe that's the reason...

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.3.28  devangelical  replied to  JBB @11.3.18    3 years ago

testing the NT fences...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.29  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @11.3.27    3 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3.30  JBB  replied to  devangelical @11.3.28    3 years ago

That is unplugged. I would like to see these yahoos try out their contentions by calling black women of The Bronx, "Wenches"...

While they are there call a young black man a "Buck". Yep, that is the ticket! Why not call all of our black American Olympians "Bucks and Wenches"? Let's see how that goes over...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.3.31  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.3.8    3 years ago

So in order for her to medal all three of our qualifiers would have to be better than anyone anywhere else in the world .  One nation sweeps of the medals in an event happens occasionally but isn’t very common.  I’ll settle for our top two winning gold and silver…

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.3.32  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @11.3.22    3 years ago

Jill Biden….

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.33  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @11.3.30    3 years ago

How DO progressive liberals manage to see racism in so many things?

And don't they ever, ever tire of proving Reagan right all these years later?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.3.34  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @11.3.33    3 years ago

dont you ever get tired of droning on and on? have mercy on everyone, will ya? 

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3.35  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @11.3.26    3 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.36  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @11.3.35    3 years ago

Jesus Christ, how many times and ways must I tell you that I didn't mean anything racial and never heard wench used as a racial slur?

JBB
Professor Principal
11.3.37  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @11.3.36    3 years ago

Well you do know now yet you still defend it!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.38  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @11.3.37    3 years ago

And why is that a problem for you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.39  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @11.3.34    3 years ago

If someone is forcing you to read my posts, send me a signal and I'll summon help for you.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.3.42  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @11.3.35    3 years ago

Do you not understand English? The very fact that the word negro proceeds wench in your own chosen post means wench isn't a racial term for blacks. If it was, negro would be redundant and not necessary.  Your own post undercuts your argument, if you understand it. 

You've been provided the definition that clearly shows it's not limited in application to blacks. You have no excuse to persist with this. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.3.43  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @11.3.41    3 years ago

Yes, all your posts are deflections.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
11.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @11    3 years ago
I hope she finishes last  and fades into obscurity.

I don't I want a fucking medal out of her.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11.5  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @11    3 years ago
I hope she finishes last

And you are complaining about HER patriotism? Wow. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.5.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @11.5    3 years ago

I don't know of anyone complaining about her patriotism. What is there to complain about--she didn't SHOW any!!!

JBB
Professor Principal
13  JBB    3 years ago

Review this sale add from 1855 and get back to me.