╌>

Kamala Harris reportedly spent over $500 on cookware in Parisian shop amid US economic uncertainty

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  133 comments

Kamala Harris reportedly spent over $500 on cookware in Parisian shop amid US economic uncertainty

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Cost of Thanksgiving dinner has reportedly increased more than 14% from 2020's average

NEW You can now listen to Fox News articles!

Vice President Kamala Harris   spent over $500 on cookware in a Parisian shop amid rising inflation and   economic   uncertainty at home in the U.S.

The vice president visited the shop on her four-day diplomatic trip to Paris last week, reportedly dropping 516 euros on pots and pans at high-end cookware store E. Dehillerin.

The store is located outside of the world-famous Louvre museum, where the famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci, the Mona Lisa, hangs.

Harris took home a   serving dish   costing around $375, a   frying pan   around $160, as well as a multitude of other kitchenware items,   including   a porcelain egg dish and a copper cleaner, according to the store, which disclosed the amount of the purchase to the   Washington Free Beacon .

Joe-Biden-Kamala-Harris.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

President Biden, with Vice President Kamala Harris, arrives to speak before signing the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill into law during a ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Monday, Nov. 15, 2021. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)   (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)

By comparison, a Mauviel copper   saucepan   carried by luxury brand Williams Sonoma -- based in Harris’ home state of California – is priced between $200 and $285.

After her stop into E. Dehillerin, Harris was asked by reporters about how her trip to France has prepared her for the presidency. The vice president, who looked at the reporter with an expression of surprise, did not directly answer the question but instead touted the success of her diplomatic mission. 

"I will tell you it was a very productive and a good trip," she said, adding that the U.S. has "a lot of follow up to do."

As Harris purchased luxury cookware in Paris, Americans at home continued to deal with the harsh realities of rising inflation and costs across the board.

President Biden walks past Peanut Butter, the national Thanksgiving turkey, after he was pardoned during a ceremony in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington, Friday, Nov. 19, 2021. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)   (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)

Gas and energy prices are rising going into the winter, and the Biden administration temporarily opened the Strategic Petroleum Reserve this week to drive down the rising price of fuel.

Additionally, America is facing a supply chain crisis and labor shortage that is only getting worse by the day. Thanksgiving this year is expected to be one of the costliest in over three decades, with prices soaring 14% compared to last year.

Harris' office did not respond to the Free Beacon's request for comment on the purchase.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

A 375 dollar serving dish is a status symbol. 

It's not in this league though.

melania_trump_gold_baby_carriage_trump_tower_older.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

"A 375 dollar serving dish is a status symbol. 

It's not in this league though."

In that world all that glitters is not gold - so over the top and faux whatever (I'm not sure what the expression is I'm looking for) but it's all so tacky and over the top and fake.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Dr Audrey Glover
@DrPaperwasp
Replying to
@GOP

OMG. Person uses own money to buy cookware.

Meanwhile GOP pays private personal business legal bills of former president who is allegedly very wealthy

8:49 PM · Nov 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

So, in two comments on an article about Harris, we have the seeder posting all about Trump.

What the fuck is the topic here--Trump again???

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    3 years ago

don't troll my seeds

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    3 years ago

I asked an ON TOPIC, LEGITIMATE question based solely on YOUR posts.

That isn't fucking TROLLLING.

Just want to know what the FUCK your "topic" based on the ARTICLE YOU seeded is.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.1.3  Gazoo  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    3 years ago

Lol 👍

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    3 years ago

[deleted]

[the author is not the topic]

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.5  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    3 years ago

A couple of years ago Mrs. Gee bought a french le creuset dutch oven.  I think it cost about $300. Seems like a lot but it really is a good pot.  It's enameled cast iron and will last for generations.  For quality cookware $500. doesn't really buy a lot.  If you think it's too much just keep buying your cheap tin pots and eating the bits of teflon that flake off of them.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.5    3 years ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.5    3 years ago

You are absolutely right. How I would love to have $500 to go into Williams and Sonoma and buy a quality sauce pan....for my spaghetti sauce.

I have the $500 just too cheap to spend it

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.2  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
OMG. Person uses own money to buy cookware.Meanwhile GOP pays private personal business legal bills of former president who is allegedly very wealthy

Congratulations!  You're carrying the water that Kamala Harris is a 'little homemaker' and not a serious political leader.  The subliminal message of this story is that Harris belongs in the kitchen and not in the White House.

Way to miss the point.  Well done!

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.1  JBB  replied to  Nerm_L @2.2    3 years ago

Nobody thinks that way except for you, Norm...

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.2.2  Nerm_L  replied to  JBB @2.2.1    3 years ago
Nobody thinks that way except for you, Norm...

The purpose of the seed is for everyone to argue about Harris buying kitchenware while there are so many issues needing attention in the country.  We're not arguing about Harris' diplomatic meetings, are we?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @2.2.2    3 years ago

The purpose of the seed seems to be that 'fat cat' Harris can cavalierly spend $500 on a pot while so many others are concerned about making ends meet.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.4  JBB  replied to  Nerm_L @2.2.2    3 years ago

I agree with that. That isn't what you first said.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.2.5  Nerm_L  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.3    3 years ago
The purpose of the seed seems to be that 'fat cat' Harris can cavalierly spend $500 on a pot while so many others are concerned about making ends meet.

I disagree.  A Vice President isn't allowed to just go shopping; going shopping is a luxury that money can't buy in this case.  A $500 purchase is not overly extravagant.  And we don't know if Harris bought items for herself or as gifts.  As a news item, this is not particularly noteworthy.

The purpose is to present Harris as a stereotypical homemaker in a political context.  Not Harris as political leader or diplomatic representative.  The news item places Harris in the kitchen, not in the halls of government.  The purpose is to place Harris in the kitchen as a homemaker and arguing over the purchase of kitchenware makes the connection in public perception.

It's the same sort of subliminal messaging involved in arguing over Trump's gold plated commode.  The idea was to associate Trump with a crapper and arguing over that makes the connection in public perception.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.6  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @2.2.5    3 years ago
I disagree.

What a surprise!!!

A $500 purchase is not overly extravagant.  And we don't know if Harris bought items for herself or as gifts.  As a news item, this is not particularly noteworthy.

Nerm, I do not hold the position that Harris spending $500 on a pot is significant to anything.   It is in fact entirely insignificant and the seed is ridiculous.   The seeder purposely seeded this because he too finds it ridiculous.

The purpose is to present Harris as a stereotypical homemaker in a political context. 

No, it is not.   Your imagination is overworking again.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.7  TᵢG  replied to  JBB @2.2.4    3 years ago

You were correct to disagree with Nerm, see @2.2.5

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.2.8  Nerm_L  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.6    3 years ago
Nerm, I do not hold the position that Harris spending $500 on a pot is significant to anything.   It is in fact entirely insignificant and the seed is ridiculous.   The seeder purposely seeded this because he too finds it ridiculous.

That's good because Harris spending $500 on kitchenware (not just a pot) isn't significant to anything.  The traditional approach in an effort portray Harris as an out-of-touch elite would be to focus attention on the cost of security for Harris' shopping spree.  We've seen how journalists create a narrative of the out-of-touch elite.  The seeded article doesn't follow the recipe.

The seeded article portrays Harris as being more concerned about the kitchen than about the country.  The frills of elitism aren't included.  This is a 'President playing golf' kind of story.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.9  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @2.2.8    3 years ago
The seeded article portrays Harris as being more concerned about the kitchen than about the country. 

It portrays Harris as an elitist.    Only you seem to find 'concern about the kitchen'. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Nerm_L @2.2    3 years ago

I'm no home maker but I love to cook. That doesn't take away from my actual duties I get paid for

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

"OMG. Person uses own money to buy cookware.

Meanwhile GOP pays private personal business legal bills of former president who is allegedly very wealthy"

All that wealth, like everything else about the trumpturd (like morals and values and character and scruples and anything resembling a decent human being), is non-existent,  Like most of today's gqp/republicans'/alleged conservatives - they use OUR MONEY

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    3 years ago

Nothing against you John but who actually gives a fuck (obviously other than fox news).

Decent cookware is expensive.

I am poor and spent 200 bucks on an apple nano leaf system.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ender @3    3 years ago
who actually gives a fuck

Not me.

The point is they will attack Kamala Harris for anything, big or small. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.1  MonsterMash  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago
The point is they will attack Kamala Harris for anything, big or small

Q: I wonder who else attacks political figures they don't like for anything big or small

A: Look in the mirror, John, that's the answer. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  MonsterMash @3.1.1    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago

JR wrote: "The point is they will attack Kamala Harris for anything, big or small."

That's very true, just as you attack anything Trump.

The "token" VP probably has servants cook her meals.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @3    3 years ago

I agree with you Ender but I am confident that JR seeded this because it is so ridiculous.

TOM PA
Freshman Silent
4  TOM PA    3 years ago

3 items from Amazon 

3 pc. cast iron skillets- $42.00

2 pc. cast iron double Dutch oven- $52.00  

1 Kitchen aid 5 Qt. stand mixer- $550.00  

$500.00 Big deal.  sarc.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1  Ender  replied to  TOM PA @4    3 years ago

Some people love the cast iron cookware. I can't stand it myself.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @4.1    3 years ago
Some people love the cast iron cookware. I can't stand it myself.

Once you get it broken in, nothing else comes close.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Ender  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.1    3 years ago

My Grandmother could cook with it. Made some great cornbread.

I never could get the hang of it.

Shit lasts forever though.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ender @4.1    3 years ago

It was all my grandmother used most of her adult life.  The only thing she cooked in that I liked were diced seasoned taters and hash.  They were incredible.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ender @4.1.2    3 years ago

I wouldn't know how to make cornbread in anything else.

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
4.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.1.4    3 years ago

I was able to keep my Paternal Grandmother's cast iron skillet that she made cornbread in since she first learned to cook. That is what I now use to make cornbread in. As well as it is the only thing I use to make Fry Bread. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.5    3 years ago

I also have my Grandma's skillet. It makes great cornbread with crispy edges.

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
4.1.7  Raven Wing  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.1.6    3 years ago

I have tried a few other skillets and none of them made the cornbread like the cast iron one does. It makes a difference in the taste of the cornbread when using other skillets as well. It may be considered 'old fashioned', but, I'll use my cast iron skillet with pride. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.8  Dulay  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.1    3 years ago

Not good for making anything with tomatoes or lemon in it though...

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.1.9  SteevieGee  replied to  Ender @4.1    3 years ago

I have an 80 year old Griswold cast iron frying pan.  It's the best.  Absolutely nothing sticks to it.  Ever.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.3    3 years ago
"It was all my grandmother used most of her adult life.  The only thing she cooked in that I liked were diced seasoned taters and hash.  They were incredible."
Now you're making me hungry!  That would go great with some bacon and eggs!

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5  Gazoo    3 years ago

I agree, no big deal, who cares? But I do wonder if she used her fake french accent while buying these items? Lol.

zuksam
Junior Silent
6  zuksam    3 years ago

My only complaint is she could have bought the same crap here in America from an American Business that provides Americans with Jobs, and it probably would have been cheaper here than France.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  zuksam @6    3 years ago

I don't think that one purchase outside of the US will break our economy or cost jobs.  What about all the crap Wal Mart and other stores sell from China?  A lot of it is available from US manufacturers but it costs more so big outlet stores go with cheaper imports to keep consumer costs down to increase their bottom line.  $500 out of VP Harris's own pocket is nothing compared to the millions Trump spent on golf which came out of our pockets.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1    3 years ago
What about all the crap Wal Mart and other stores sell from China?

And the millions of conservatives buying that crap while agreeing with Fox and hollering about Kamala buying a measly $500 worth of French cookware. Right wing conservative hypocrisy truly knows no bounds.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1    3 years ago

"I don't think that one purchase outside of the US will break our economy or cost jobs"

Really, but no surprise that someone would make such a foolish remark.  jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7  TᵢG    3 years ago
As Harris purchased luxury cookware in Paris, Americans at home continued to deal with the harsh realities of rising inflation and costs across the board.

Yes, these kind of ridiculous attacks are typical of the uber partisan mindset.    Trump, in spite of all his legitimate flaws, was also attacked with ridiculous, petty crap too.   The partisanship in our nation is way out of control.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  TᵢG @7    3 years ago
Trump, in spite of all his legitimate flaws, was also attacked with ridiculous, petty crap too.

When you had a divider inn chief actually multiplying the divides , just with totally ridiculous LIES and NO SELF CONTROL, there was just SO MUCH OF REAL CONCERN, one never needed to ever mention the petty stuff, but so many were so frustra ted by his total DISRESPECT....FOR ABOUT EVERYTHING TO DO WITH BEING PRESIDENT of the US of A whole lot not right or wrapped tight, Americans, watching 45 trample down and over so many of our safeguards our forefathers had implemented, cause they NEVER envisioned the American people would be capable of electing one so immature and just plain vile, as they would certainly be in D Nile as well. Not saying it was correct, but cannot blame them, after Trump  did act 09t again that way as well                                                                                                                                

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7.1    3 years ago
... one never needed to ever mention the petty stuff ...

Exactly.

... cause they NEVER envisioned the American people would be capable of electing one so immature and just plain vile, ...

I would think so too.

squiggy
Junior Silent
8  squiggy    3 years ago

"I will tell you it was a very productive and a good trip," she said, adding that the U.S. has "a lot of follow up to do."

She needs plates, too?

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1  Ender  replied to  squiggy @8    3 years ago

Stemware...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9  Texan1211    3 years ago

Seems like something Fox could have gone without reporting.

Not even news.

But for some, I suppose it IS "news" that must be rebroadcast and talked about endlessly.

I didn't know Fox was so popular here!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10  Tacos!    3 years ago

I’m sorry (not actually sorry), but so the fuck what?

She went shopping and spent 500 bucks? Big fucking deal! I can’t think of a reason anyone should give a shit, and I don’t really see one offered in the story. “Amid US economic uncertainty” doesn’t even connect to the facts of the story.

Some lady spending 500 bucks at a shop in France is supposed to somehow impact the US economy? Is the writer of this garbage a certified moron?

FFS, a night at whatever hotel she is staying at probably costs way more than that. 

The store is located outside of the world-famous Louvre museum, where the famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci, the Mona Lisa, hangs.

There’s a super important addition to the story. Somebody should be embarrassed.

Read the comments on the Fox site. Even those people think this story is stupid.

JBB
Professor Principal
10.1  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @10    3 years ago

Don't you get it? Harris is black, female, powerful and a Democrat. That is more than enough to keep the perpetually outraged permanently triggered. Add in the tidbit that she might be cooking fancy French food in expensive Parisian cookware and it is off to the races for these throwback haters...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @10.1    3 years ago

Any excuse that keeps her overseas is A-OK with me.

After she solved the problems on the border, she deserves a vacay!

GregTx
Professor Guide
10.1.2  GregTx  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JBB @10.1    3 years ago

They haven't gotten this excited over nothing since Obama wore a tan suit.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  JBB @10.1    3 years ago
she might be cooking fancy French food

Actually, now that I think about it, she probably won't be cooking much of anything for at least the next three years. It's late November; she's buying expensive things from fancy stores. It's probably a Christmas gift for someone. 

I mean people are so politically, partisan toxic anymore, they have to lose their fucking minds over an elected official doing a little Christmas shopping. It's hard to have your priorities much further out of whack than that.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.4    3 years ago

I am betting that the Xmas gifts these idiots buy have mostly MADE IN CHINA on them.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1.5    3 years ago
MADE IN CHINA

But but . . . what about US economic uncertainty? Don't they love America???

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
10.1.7  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.6    3 years ago

1980 -2021 BUY AMERICAN!!! 1928-1938 BUY GERMAN!

what's the difference?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.6    3 years ago

I am betting that they also consume imported champagne over domestic.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.9  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1.8    3 years ago

Sure. Just like all the cigars I smoke and a lot of the whisky I drink comes from somewhere else. I’m not going to start buying American exclusively if it means giving that up.

Dulay
Professor Guide
10.1.10  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.9    3 years ago

Yep. Don't be messin' with my Glenlivet or my Mezcal.  

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
11  Raven Wing    3 years ago

OMG.....I can just see the Pearl Clutchers in the GOP squeezing the life out of their Pearls over this one.

How dare VP Harris spend $500.00 of her OWN money to buy some cookwear that she liked. 

Now the GOP thinks they have the right to tell others, no matter who it is, what they can and can't buy with their own money, which they can well afford to spend. 

I don't see the GOP clutching their Pearls over what Trump buys with his own money.   Oh wait......when does he do that ? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1  Texan1211  replied to  Raven Wing @11    3 years ago
Now the GOP thinks they have the right to tell others, no matter who it is, what they can and can't buy with their own money, which they can well afford to spend. 

Who in the GOP has done what you claim?

I don't see the GOP clutching their Pearls over what Trump buys with his own money.   Oh wait......when does he do that ? 

Ah, there it is! A comment about Trump even though the article has zero to do with Trump.  He is still living rent free in progressive liberal heads, 24/7/365!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1    3 years ago

Biden / Harris will naturally be compared and contrasted with Trump.   You understand why (I presume) so why whine when the comparison is made?   If you find the comparison faulty then let's hear your analysis.

Raven made an excellent point.   How can someone be concerned about a $500 pot given the gilded world of the man the GOP wants to make PotUS?  

Further, it is not even outrageous to pay $500 for a pot.   Here is one of many examples of a $486 cast iron pot from William Sonoma:  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.1    3 years ago
Biden / Harris will naturally be compared and contrasted with Trump.   You understand why (I presume) so why whine when the comparison is made?  

I already know all about whataboutism, which this simply is. No whining, simply pointing out a fact.

Raven made an excellent point.   How can someone be concerned about a $500 pot given the gilded world of the man the GOP wants to make PotUS? 

A point which would have been totally relevant had the article been about Trump.

It isn't, so fail.

Further, it is not even outrageous to pay $500 for a pot.   Here is one of many examples of a $486 cast iron pot from William Sonoma:

Let me see if I can put this so it is crystal clear:

I don't give a fuck how much Harris spent on anything. I am sure she deserves to spend her own money however she wants, and she certainly must be tired out from solving the border crisis and shopping can be relaxing to some folks.

Of course, reading post 9 MIGHT have given a clue as to how I felt about her spending had someone bothered to read it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.2    3 years ago
I already know all about whataboutism

'Whataboutism' is simply a placeholder / excuse for the lack of a rebuttal.

I don't give a fuck how much Harris spent on anything. I am sure she deserves to spend her own money however she wants, and she certainly must be tired out from solving the border crisis and shopping can be relaxing to some folks.

Good for you.   Then you actually agree with Raven Wing regarding a partisan criticism of Harris for spending $500 of her own money.    Instead of agreeing with her you put forth the extremely overused and witless 'living in your head rent free' cliche.

Finally, surely you understand that given this is from Fox News that this reflects views of at least one member of the GOP.    Do you really need Raven to name a GOP member who supports this attack on Harris (who, by the way, I do not like nor do I support)?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.3    3 years ago
Whataboutism' is simply a placeholder / excuse for the lack of a rebuttal.

What a typical Pee Wee Herman-type response.

Good for you.   Then you actually agree with Raven Wing regarding a partisan criticism of Harris for spending $500 of her own money.    Instead of agreeing with her you put forth the extremely overused and witless 'living in your head rent free' cliche.

No more fucking useless than injecting Trump into everything, so there's that. If you don't like my response to her, so what?

Finally, surely you understand that given this is from Fox News that this reflects views of at least one member of the GOP.    Do you really need Raven to name a GOP member who supports this attack on Harris (who, by the way, I do not like nor do I support)?

OMG, virtually EVERYTHING on ANY news station "reflects the views of at least" one Democrat or Republican. I am just not prepared to assign blame to an entire party for the actions of ONE person. That is rather stupid to me, and intellectually lazy.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.4    3 years ago
What a typical Pee Wee Herman-type response.

In what way, Texan?   Explain yourself.   If you are going to merely use one of my lines (a Pee Wee Herman-type response in itself) you best understand what you are talking about.

No more fucking useless than injecting Trump into everything, so there's that. If you don't like my response to her, so what?

When Biden/Harris are discussed you should expect a comparison with Trump.   When Trump is discussed you should expect a comparison with Biden.   Get used to it, Texan, because that reality is not going to change.

OMG, virtually EVERYTHING on ANY news station "reflects the views of at least" one Democrat or Republican.

Exactly.   So why did you demand Raven deliver at least one GOP who holds this position?    Clearly you realize that would be trivial to do.

I am just not prepared to assign blame to an entire party for the actions of ONE person.

LOL, there you go playing literal word games rather than use ordinary common sense to understand someone's meaning.   It is stupid to think that Raven Wing literally holds that the entire GOP (every person who is a member of the GOP) thinks exactly the same as this author.

Your interpretation (and thus criticism) is ridiculous.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.5    3 years ago
In what way, Texan? 

In the obvious way, of course.

Explain yourself.

I made my point. It isn't up to me to understand it for anyone.

When Biden/Harris are discussed you should expect a comparison with Trump.

Oh, but I DO! After thousands of articles not about Trump bringing up Trump, I have come to expect it on EVERY topic, as some have no legitimate arguments and are reduced to nothing more than regurgitating crap about Trump on EVERY topic.

Exactly.   So why did you demand Raven deliver at least one GOP who holds this position?  

I demanded nothing, so let's get at LEAST that right, okay? Stop making shit up and attempting to argue what you WANTED me to say or IMAGINED I said.

LOL, there you go playing literal word games rather than useordinary common senseto understand someone's meaning.  

Very interesting position, considering.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.7  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.6    3 years ago
Oh, but I DO! After thousands of articles not about Trump bringing up Trump, I have come to expect it on EVERY topic, as some have no legitimate arguments and are reduced to nothing more than regurgitating crap about Trump on EVERY topic.

Stop trolling my seed. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.6    3 years ago
In the obvious way, of course.

Deflection.   What a surprise.

I have come to expect it on EVERY topic ...

Good.   Why then do you complain about something that is essentially a force of nature?

I demanded nothing, ...

You challenged her to state who in the GOP has challenged others on what they can spend, etc.

Texan @11.1Who in the GOP has done what you claim?

But you know that is easily done, so what is the point?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11.1.14  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.1    3 years ago

I understand that her kids are into cooking, so the purchase was probably for them on XMas.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.9    3 years ago
Deflection.  

No. Yawn.

Why then do you complain about something that is essentially a force of nature?

Because I felt like it and it is a big problem here.

You challenged her to state who in the GOP has challenged others on what they can spend, etc.

Yes, I did, a fact I have never denied. Do you have an actual point to make with that?

Now, please, do take the last word, as I sense its importance to you.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
11.1.18  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.15    3 years ago

Comments removed from this thread for being off topic and meta.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @11.1.18    3 years ago

[Deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.20  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.19    3 years ago

[removed, also namecalling,]  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11.1.21  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.5    3 years ago

That comment is why jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif .

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.1    3 years ago
"You understand why (I presume) so why whine when the comparison is made?"

That's all some have along with projection, deflection, and denial.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.3    3 years ago
"Instead of agreeing with her you put forth the extremely overused and witless 'living in your head rent free' cliche."

Again, all some have along with TDS which should be a ticket/violation on NT.  It's tiresome.  Also 'let's go Brandon' should also get a ticket/violation.  Beyond tiresome and lame and overused and witless.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @11.1.23    3 years ago
Again, all some have along with TDS which should be a ticket/violation on NT.

Man, you forgot the go-to's--"Deflection, denial and projection"! How could you?

It's tiresome.

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @11.1.23    3 years ago

One of my fan club members is back.  They must have missed me so much since I've been gone!

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
13  Nowhere Man    3 years ago

Over the years there have been a lot of totally useless seeds...

I think this one is the most useless juvenile threads I've ever seen... {chuckle}

I bought my grandaughter a set of kitchen ware, cast iron burner pans and stainless steel cooking pots...

Spent well over $500.00, does that mean I'm someone who belongs in the kitchen? {chuckle}

Absolutely Ridiculous!

Veronica
Professor Guide
14  Veronica    3 years ago

$3000 for underpants.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
14.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Veronica @14    3 years ago
$3000 for underpants.

Apparently I've been out of the loop...  Who spent $3,000 on underwear?

Veronica
Professor Guide
14.1.1  Veronica  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @14.1    3 years ago

It was over a decade ago... She wished she had Kamala's job.  I didn't have a hissy about that, but just love how some conservative's jump on it when a Democrat spends anything - Pelosi bought ice cream, Harris bought cookware.... but these same "conservative's defended the underwear spender.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
14.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Veronica @14.1.1    3 years ago

It is a bit silly for someone to support Trump (who flaunts his gilded lifestyle) while complaining about buying some cookware.   Of course, this is the point the seeder is making.

Veronica
Professor Guide
14.1.3  Veronica  replied to  TᵢG @14.1.2    3 years ago
Of course, this is the point the seeder is making.

Yep, I was just reading some of the comments and can only shake my head.  

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
14.1.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Veronica @14.1.1    3 years ago

I forgot about that!  Too funny!!

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
14.1.5  Nowhere Man  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @14.1    3 years ago
Apparently I've been out of the loop...  Who spent $3,000 on underwear?

Mee Too!!! the most expensive pair I've ever bought was $50.00.. (and she had to seriously convince me)

What were they made of, hand spun silk trimmed in platinum and gold?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
14.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @14.1    3 years ago

I don't remember the underwear thing.  I too ask, who spent that on underwear?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
14.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @14.1.6    3 years ago

Someone?  Anyone?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
14.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @14.1.7    3 years ago

I suspect they are talking about Sarah Palin.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @14.1.8    3 years ago

Yes and it wasn't just one pair. From what I remember they were for her whole family. Now, if you want to talk $3,000.00 underwear, how about a used pair? Michael Jordan's to be exact................

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
14.1.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  TᵢG @14.1.8    3 years ago

Ahhh, ok.

Dulay
Professor Guide
14.1.11  Dulay  replied to  TᵢG @14.1.2    3 years ago
It is a bit silly for someone to support Trump (who flaunts his gilded lifestyle) while complaining about buying some cookware.

Especially since Trump spends more than $500 on ONE baggy shirt. 

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
15  Raven Wing    3 years ago

The $500.00 Harris spent out of her own pocket in no way begins to compare with the huge amount of taxpayer money Trump spent playing golf during his 4 yrs pretending to be President. And the taxpayer money Trump spent playing golf went into his own pockets, in that he only played golf most of the time at his own golf courses, which in turn benefitted him and his own family. 

At least Harris's $500.00 purchase benefited the company she bought it from, without using taxpayer money. That little bit of the story is what really chaps the royal backsides of those in the GOP, and why they feel the need to make total fools of themselves by complaining about Harris's simple purchase using her own money, which would in no way be a detriment to the American people near as much as Trump spending taxpayer money on his endless golf games that in turn benefitted him and/or his family.

JMOO

Texan1211
Professor Principal
15.1  Texan1211  replied to  Raven Wing @15    3 years ago

I don't see where anyone here made a comparison with Trump.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
16  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 years ago

This is the FIRST thing she has done since January 20th.  Is this supposed to be some kind of accomplishment?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.1  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @16    3 years ago
This is the FIRST thing she has done since January 20th.  Is this supposed to be some kind of accomplishment?  

How could you possibly overlook her solution to the crisis at the border? She has worked tirelessly to solve the problem and deserves a break from that hard, hard work.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
16.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @16.1    3 years ago
She has worked tirelessly to solve the problem and deserves a break from that hard, hard work.

Maybe she should have AOC do what SHE does best.  Make her a drink.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @16.1.1    3 years ago

More than one, for sure.

Being drunk won't affect her job performance any that I can see.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
16.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @16.1.2    3 years ago

I'm betting it would be an improvement.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @16.1.3    3 years ago
I'm betting it would be an improvement.  

Might be, but how could we really tell?

Dulay
Professor Guide
16.2  Dulay  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @16    3 years ago

Your comment is either uninformed or obtuse. Pick one. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @16.2    3 years ago

She solved the crisis at the border.

For which she should be applauded.

Oh, wait a minute....................................the border is still in crisis!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
16.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dulay @16.2    3 years ago

So what is her accomplishments since 20 January?  

Dulay
Professor Guide
16.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @16.2.2    3 years ago

YOU asserted that spending 500 on pots is the first thing Harris has done since Jan. 2021. YOU prove THAT. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
17  Kavika     3 years ago

I spent $500 on a new Loomis fishing rod. Hopefully, I'll make Fox News and get an on-camera interview. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
17.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Kavika @17    3 years ago
I'll make Fox News and get an on-camera interview. 

OHHH! I would pay money to see that!!!! {chuckle}