╌>

Youngkin sets up tip line to report schools teaching CRT

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  135 comments

By:   nypost (New York Post)

Youngkin sets up tip line to report schools teaching CRT
School districts "aren't recognizing the rights of parents today," Youngkin told Fredericks. "And oh, by the way, they haven't been recognizing the rights of parents all along," he said, saying they had "consistently prioritized bureaucrats and politicians over the rights of parents," he said.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin has set up a special tip line for parents to report schools that are teaching their kids "divisive" critical race theory.

The Republican touted a special new "Help Education" email address late Monday that he said will help enforce his first executive directive in office banning the controversial teaching method.

The tip line is "for parents to send us any instances where they feel their fundamental rights are being violated, where their children are not being respected [and] where there are inherently divisive practices in their schools," Youngkin told radio host John Fredericks.

"We're asking for input from parents to make sure we can go right to the source," he said.

He noted reports that a Fairfax County high school's lesson plan included playing "Privilege Bingo," where children who are white, Christian, male or from military families are all deemed "privileged."

"All you can do is shake your head and say, 'This is exactly why I signed that executive order,'" Youngkin said.

So "we're asking folks to send us reports and observations that will help us be aware of things like privilege bingo," he said.

Gov. Youngkin placed a special emphasis on fighting for parents' rights during the gubernatorial race.AP Photo/Andrew Harnik

"We're going to make sure we catalog it all … and that gives us further ability in rooting it out," he said during Monday's interview.

He insisted that Virginia schools will "continue to teach all history, the good and the bad."

But he said critical race theory was dividing groups into victims and those being blamed "for the sins of the past."

"These are teaching practices that exist in our schools, and we are going to get them out," he promised.

The new governor also noted his ongoing battle with some school districts after his ruling that parents can decide if their kids wear masks to classes.

School districts "aren't recognizing the rights of parents today," Youngkin told Fredericks.

"And oh, by the way, they haven't been recognizing the rights of parents all along," he said, saying they had "consistently prioritized bureaucrats and politicians over the rights of parents," he said.

"There is no one better positioned to look after the health and well-being of [a] child than their parents.

"I am not going to stop fighting for the rights of parents to make these decisions for their kids," he insisted.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

It has already been a vintage year for Republican Governors.

Glenn Youngkin is doing what he promised.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I have asked this question a number of times with zero responsive answers. There are more black children in public schools in America than white children. Black parents want to know why white parents are listened to as to the curriculum , but black parents are not. Why is that again? 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

John wrote: There are more black children in public schools in America than white children.

Do you want your whopper of a fake fact with cheese? Can you support this tidbit of misinformation?

bg012522dAPR20220123024504.jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

Your question raises more questions rather than generating an answer.

Black parents want to know why white parents are listened to as to the curriculum , but black parents are not.

Show us where black parents are asking for CRT to be taught?

Show us where white parents are being listened to? In northern Virginia, school boards are defying the EO of the new Governor as well as the wishes of parents.

Show us?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago
I have asked this question a number of times with zero responsive answers. There are more black children in public schools in America than white children. Black parents want to know why white parents are listened to as to the curriculum , but black parents are not.

The information you seek has been available for a long time, John. All anyone needs to do is look for it. 

Here's a start for you:

In addition, you can research the many interviews and writings of Candace Owens, Dr. Alveda King, Asra Nomani, Dr. Carol Swain among many other non-white people about this topic.

In closing ...

“I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach,” McAuliffe said in a debate with now- Gov. Glenn Youngkin .

“L’état, c’est moi” — the state, it’s me — is the message Virginians heard, and McAuliffe went down in a stunning defeat.

If anything, the battle over CRT and schools demonstrates how American institutions have been corrupted to obey insular, progressive activists and teachers unions now wedded entirely to left-wing ideology.

Transparency is giving parents and Americans of all backgrounds insight into how this all works, and many are demanding changes.

This includes a removal of pernicious curriculuma [sic] as well as measures that would provide more school choice for parents who wish to take their children out of a system that’s failed or doesn’t uphold their values.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.3    2 years ago

I want to know what black parents he is referring to or if he is just making shit up to make a fictitious point. Note the lack of articles/facts to back up the "black parents want to know" bullshit narrative. Wonder if he can find any.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.3.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.1    2 years ago
Note the lack of articles/facts to back up the "black parents want to know" bullshit narrative. Wonder if he can find any.

Well, I provided him with facts proving that black parents as well as parents, grandparents, and those who no longer have school age children of all races are now very well aware of what's been happening in our K-post secondary schools. 

The one positive thing that the Covid-19 pandemic gave us is forced Zoom classes. Those who didn't pay attention before the pandemic have now paid attention to their children's online lessons and now know that our public and private schools have been teaching Critical Theory in its many forms for a long time. 

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
2.3.3  JaneDoe  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.1    2 years ago
I want to know what black parents he is referring to or if he is just making shit up to make a fictitious point.

Fair question. It has always been my understanding that any parent can request to meet with a school administrator or speak in front of the school board to voice their opinion if they follow the protocol to do so.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago
There are more black children in public schools in America than white children.

False statement,

Black parents want to know why white parents are listened to as to the curriculum , but black parents are not.

Can you prove that claim?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

Virginia is wasting no time in their efforts to speed up the dumbing down of their youth.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    2 years ago

Teaching the tenents of CRT, instead of STEM courses, is what's dumb. America's parents are getting fed up with the leftist propaganda and lies.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    2 years ago
Teaching the tenants of CRT, instead of STEM courses, is what's dumb

Bingo. That's all we need is more liberal arts graduates that don't know shit from shinola.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    2 years ago

Every minute that gets wasted on idiotic political pandering within the public education community is a minute starved from an education that will keep us competitive with the rest of the world.  Virginia is wholly consumed with this farce.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.2    2 years ago

You just made my point...our young people shouldn't be taught false history

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.3    2 years ago

What they want to teach them is that whites are born racist and blacks are victims, who can't make it without help.  I think all parents are against it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.4    2 years ago
teach them is that whites are born racist and blacks are victims, who can't make it without help.

Prove it. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.5    2 years ago

You prove your premise first

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1.7  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.3    2 years ago

Funny how you prove my point while you simultaneously claim I’m proving your point.  China is years ahead of us in STEM because they aren’t allowing stupid political ideological arguments to steal time away from the education of their next generation.  Right wing snowflakes are hell bent on pretending that our public schools are nothing but indoctrination centers that must be investigated.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.8  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.7    2 years ago

funneling all education cash to thumper madrasas is the end goal.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.9  Greg Jones  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.7    2 years ago

Public schools in the US are doing a piss poor job, wasting time on worthless social studies instead of focusing on the basics

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1.10  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.9    2 years ago

The same assholes up in arms about CRT are the ones who have a conniption when their kids are taught to do math a different way than they were.  It’s not about social studies, it’s about armchair quarterbacking public education by bored moron parent who are so self-important that they think their opinions are the only ones that matter.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.11  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.10    2 years ago

funny how most of the people complaining the loudest about CRT are the same people that wouldn't make it past 8th grade.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Ender  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.9    2 years ago
wasting time on worthless social studies instead of focusing on the basics

Like football...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.2    2 years ago

They're protesting something that isn't being taught.  CRT is not being taught in schools.  Period.  End of sentence.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.14  Greg Jones  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.10    2 years ago

Enough parents opinions mattered enough to reject McCauliffe's snarky opinion of them.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.13    2 years ago
CRT is not being taught in schools.  Period.  End of sentence.  

See the links at 4.1.2 If not already they sure as hell are trying.........but, YES they are using it now

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1.16  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.14    2 years ago

So they decided to steer the vehicle towards the cliff out of spite.  How honorable.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.13    2 years ago

It seems anything they don't like they throw under the crt umbrella.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @3.1.8    2 years ago
funneling all education cash to thumper madrasas is the end goal.

Oh, you and your crazy little conspiracy theories!!!

As amusing as ever.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.19  Split Personality  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.16    2 years ago
So they decided to steer the vehicle towards the cliff out of spite.  How honorable.

Same thing can be said more accurately about 2016 Trump vs Clinton.

Many Republicans probably think the same thing of Biden.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
3.1.20  Duck Hawk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.18    2 years ago

You mean that the conservative push (ie Betsy DeVos) to channel public education funds to private(charter) schools has all been in our imaginations?

well F*&k me, who knew...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.13    2 years ago
Period.  End of sentence.  

But untrue, of course, as has been proven to you more than once.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  Duck Hawk @3.1.20    2 years ago
"CRT is not being taught in schools.  Period.  End of sentence."

We all know what rich bitch DeVos was up to - to destroy public schools/education as we know them.

Looks like the gop/gqp/republicans/alleged conservatives are doing their best to do the same 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.7    2 years ago
"Funny how you prove my point while you simultaneously claim I’m proving your point.  China is years ahead of us in STEM because they aren’t allowing stupid political ideological arguments to steal time away from the education of their next generation. Right wing snowflakes are hell bent on pretending that our public schools are nothing but indoctrination centers that must be investigated."

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Duck Hawk @3.1.20    2 years ago
You mean that the conservative push (ie Betsy DeVos) to channel public education funds to private(charter) schools has all been in our imaginations?

I have no earthly idea what you imagine.

I prefer to deal with facts while ya'll "imagine" all sorts of crazy shit.

well F*&k me, who knew..

No thank you.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    2 years ago

Hal - they have to.  They're sitting right next door to DC, most of the northern state are gvnmt employees, so where else is DC going to get "qualified" employees who don't know shyte?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  1stwarrior @3.2    2 years ago

Trust me - I won’t argue about the overall intelligence of government.  When I moved to MD from OH, I thought I was going to have to seriously up my game to jump into this job market that is thriving because of its proximity to the capital.  What I found is that designing infrastructure here is ten times more complicated only because of there is a tenfold increase in government bureaucracy, and that it lacks any semblance of the common sense or pragmatism that I was used to from outside of the DMV.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.2.1    2 years ago

I was stationed at CG HQ in DC and lived in Glen Burnie, MD.  Due to the number of CG units within the DC realm, I had to deal with the VA and MD folks who worked in DC and was literally stunned at the total lack of common sense most, if any, of them had.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    2 years ago
Virginia is wasting no time in their efforts to speed up the dumbing down of their youth

Ridiculous, unproven claim.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3    2 years ago

Lol.  What is if with you and “proof”?  Dumbing down is a colloquial term.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.3.1    2 years ago
What is if with you and “proof”?

What part didn't you get?

"Dumbing down" is a poor choice of words then.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I will amend my comment a little. There are not more black students than white in the nations public schools, but there are more non white students than white. 

It has been an ongoing trend for nearly two decades – while the total number of students in American public schools has risen, the percentage of those students who are white has steadily fallen. According to the Pew Research Center , in 1997, over 63 percent of the 46.1 million U.S. public school students were white. Today, white students comprise just 49.7 percent of the 50 million students enrolled. White Students are Now the Minority in U.S. Public Schools (publicschoolreview.com)

So I will ask the question again, why are schools listening to what the white parents want to the exclusion of what the black parents want? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago
the exclusion of what the black parents want

Ya did it again. Don't you mean "non White" parents?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1    2 years ago

You dont appear to have an answer to the question.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 years ago

How many non white parents do you see at those meetings that are publicized? I know plenty of people of color, some of them teachers, thinking this whole CRT dissecting of history is bullshit and have gone to the local board meetings. They (employees) had to watch a video that the school system paid $25,000 for 45 minutes of crap.

They don't have the time to teach important shit for life going forward now let alone anything else. Shit we don't, or not many, even teach cursive writing anymore.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 years ago

You dont appear to have an answer to the question.

You have now gotten 4 or 5 responses to your question, not a single one addressed the question.  It's like they all got the same corporate email on how to deflect from uncomfortable questions...

You have to ask why they bother spending the time replying when they have no intent of actually addressing your question.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.3    2 years ago

It's based on a false premise, one that John can't prove.

It's kind of like somebody asking what should be done to prevent another rigged election?  One has to prove it was rigged before one can ask such a question, right?

Get it?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.4    2 years ago
Get it?

Nope.  Why did you bother taking the time to respond if you were not going to address the question?  Simple knee jerk reaction???

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago

You need to prove your premise before asking that question.

Again John:

What are, now, you say "non-white" parents asking to be taught?

Where are school boards listening to white parents?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    2 years ago
Where are school boards listening to white parents?

Everywhere they are inhibiting the accurate and complete teaching of American history. 

There are now state laws that require that children be taught that America was founded on equality for all. That is not an accurate explanation of the founding, which did not recognize the equality of women or non whites.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 years ago
Everywhere they are inhibiting the accurate and complete teaching of American history. 

That's not true. You made a claim. Prove it. Where are school boards listening to "white" parents? SHOW US!

There are now state laws that require that children be taught that America was founded on equality for all. That is not an accurate explanation of the founding, which did not recognize the equality of women or non whites. 

You've had decades of "A People's History of the United States"  (history as viewed through the lens of "victims") being used as one of the main textbooks in schools. Now we have learned that CRT is being taught in schools. We aren't going to let you get away with it anymore. 

Again: I want to see some proof of your claims.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 years ago

How is all this "history" relevant to the problems of today?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 years ago

You're statement is a bit confusing.  You are correct, there are laws in place at both the state and federal level that provides equality of opportunity to those who were denied it before.  Many of these come with the Civil Rights movements.  Everybody acknowledged that there was a problem and corrected it. 

Now the other part that needs clarification.  Which "equality" are you referring to?  The equality of opportunities ? Or the equality of outcome?  One already exists and the other is a misconception.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 years ago

Whitewashing history - as usual.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.6  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2.3    2 years ago

He who forgets the past is destined to relieve it.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago
John wrote: "So I will ask the question again, why are schools listening to what the white parents want to the exclusion of what the black parents want?"
There is no evidence that is happening

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3    2 years ago

Bingo.....................

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3    2 years ago

There are school board recalls and lawsuits all over the country.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.2    2 years ago

In California, the Board of Education has   approved   the nation’s first statewide ethnic studies curriculum to teach public high school students about the oppression of people of color.

The Oregon Department of Education is   training   its K-12 teachers in “math equity” to combat “the toxic characteristics of white supremacy culture with respect to math.”

An elementary school in Philadelphia “ forced   fifth-grade students to celebrate ‘black communism’ and simulate a Black Power rally in honor of political radical Angela Davis.”

Public schools in Louisville, Kentucky, are   hosting   anti-bias and pro-equity teacher trainings to “eliminate curricular violence” in mathematics education.

Last fall, one Virginia school district spent $24,000 on Ibram Kendi books   pushed as   “required reading” for U.S. history classes.

A high school in Minnesota   now begins   all of its staff meetings with a commitment to dismantling “processes that benefit whiteness.”

In September, a high school in Washington   canceled   a 9/11 tribute because it could be seen as “racially insensitive.”

As of July 2020, a   reported   4,500 schools across the nation have embedded the controversial   New York Times   1619 Project curriculum into their classrooms.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/yes-crt-is-taught-in-k-12-schools-heres-how/#:~:text=Yes%2C%20CRT%20is%20taught%20in%20K-12%20schools.%20Here%E2%80%99s,CRT%20permeates%2C%20informs%20and%20influences%20curricula%20and%20pedagogy

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.3    2 years ago

www.wsj.com   /articles/unions-states-and-parents-fight-over-new-laws-on-history-lessons-books-11640268001

Unions, States and Parents Fight Over New Laws on History Lessons, Books; Teachers fret as hundreds of books are pulled from school libraries; union pledges to challenge every new law

Kris Maher 1-1 minutes

Jennifer Given sought out legal advice this fall before teaching world   history   to 10th-graders in   New   Hampshire to avoid running afoul of a   new   state   law   that restricts what she can teach. Violating the   law   could end her teaching career.

Ms. Given said she worries that materials for   lessons   about the trans-Atlantic slave trade, or Christopher Columbus and his role in Native American deaths, could violate the   law   if someone believes that she is saying one group is superior to another. This month, when a student said   laws   in ancient China reminded him of the U.S. today, she ended the discussion.

"I couldn't risk having that conversation," said Ms. Given, who has taught   history   for 19 years. "In the absence of clear legal boundaries, I'm not 100% sure when I am or am not   on   the verge of breaking that   law ."

New   Hampshire's   state   law , passed in June, bans teaching that one group of people is inherently superior or inferior to another. A violation could lead a teacher to be stripped of his or her teaching license.

New   Hampshire is among at least 12   states , including Texas, Idaho, Tennessee and Oklahoma, that have recently passed   laws   or issued rules that define how schools and colleges can teach subjects related to discrimination, race and gender.

At the same time, school districts from Texas to Vermont are pulling hundreds of   books   from library shelves, following directives from   state   elected officials or challenges from   parents   that the   books , which often focus   on   race and gender themes, are inappropriate for students.

This week, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, a Republican, released a draft of a bill that would ban teaching that anyone is inferior or superior based   on   race, gender or other qualities, or that a person is "inherently responsible" for past actions committed by a member of the same group.

"Americans believe 'all men are created equal,' and we also believe the American dream is available to all regardless of race, color, or national origin," Gov. Noem said. She added that children shouldn't be taught "the false and divisive message that they are responsible for the shortcomings of past generations and other members of our respective races."

The measures are setting up   fights   among teachers,   unions ,   parents   and school districts.

This week, the National Education Association's   New   Hampshire affiliate, which represents 17,000 teachers and school staff in the   state , sued   state   officials, arguing that the vagueness of the   law   violates the due process clause of the 14th Amendment. The American Federation of Teachers had filed suit against the   state   the prior week.

Becky Pringle, president of the NEA, said in an interview that the   union   is evaluating every similar   state   law   and plans to challenge them.

"They are entirely politically motivated," she said.

A spokeswoman for the   New   Hampshire Department of Education declined to comment   on   the lawsuit. Ahni Malachi, executive director of the   state   commission   on   human rights, said she couldn't provide information about any complaints that may have been filed ahead of public notice of a hearing.

In Oklahoma, a Black student group, an association of college professors and others sued the   state   in November to block a   state   law   that they said has resulted in school districts taking   books   by Black and women authors from reading lists.

It couldn't be determined if any teachers have lost their jobs as a result of the   new   laws . In Tennessee, a teacher was fired this year after administrators said   lessons   about white privilege didn't include multiple points of view and violated the   state 's teacher code of ethics.

And in Texas, a   new   state   law   says teachers can't be compelled to teach "widely debated and currently controversial issues," and if they do they must include differing perspectives. This month, a Texas school district pulled 400   books   from library shelves to review them, after a Republican   state   lawmaker sent a letter inquiring about a list of more than 800 titles, many of which discuss race or gender. The move follows a record number of   book   challenges by   parents   and other groups this year, according to the American Library Association.

The   laws   that are coming under fire have been passed by Republican-led legislatures, with proponents saying they are needed to stop the encroachment of critical race theory in the nation's classrooms. They say that some liberal teachers are teaching students that the color of their skin determines whether they are an oppressor or a victim, among other things. Only   laws   in Idaho and North Dakota mention critical race theory directly.

Critical race theory argues the legacy of white supremacy remains embedded in modern-day society through   laws   and institutions that were fundamental in shaping American society.

School administrators and teachers say that critical race theory isn't taught in K-12 schools.

Leslie Madsen, an associate professor of   history   at Boise   State   University, said last week that she will teach critical race theory, in defiance of a   state   law . She said it is important to use it this spring in her course, Women and Gender in the U.S. West, to give students a better understanding of how people with different identities have tackled challenges caused by racism and sexism.

Parents   who support the   New   Hampshire   law   say it is necessary to curb what they describe as a movement in classrooms and in teacher training to encourage children to identify themselves primarily by their race or gender, as schools address discrimination through curriculums and diversity and inclusion policies.

"When I look at the   law   it's hard to argue with the validity of it," said Rachel Goldsmith, who founded a   New   Hampshire chapter of Moms for Liberty, a conservative group, this fall. "Teachers shouldn't be teaching that certain groups of kids are inherently racist or oppressive because of characteristics they're born with."

Teacher anxiety grew in the   state   when the local Moms for Liberty group issued a $500 reward last month via Twitter to anyone who successfully makes a complaint under the   law .

Ms. Goldsmith said she didn't intend her post to be taken as a threat and that she isn't against teachers. "The incentive is to help people find problematic curriculum," she said.

Meghan Glynn, a Manchester-based attorney, said she logged 10,000 miles zigzagging across   New   Hampshire in July and August as she taught sessions   on   the   new   law   for about 30 of the   state 's school districts. Teachers asked whether they can continue to talk about concepts such as implicit bias and white privilege under the   law , or continue to teach   books   such as "To Kill a Mockingbird."

Some asked whether offering original source material   on   subjects such as slavery could be viewed as advocating for a particular viewpoint, according to Ms. Glynn.

"Teachers and school districts are feeling like they're   on   display and open for attack in a way that they never have been before," she said.

Meanwhile, teachers   unions   in the   state   say they will oppose a recently introduced   New   Hampshire bill that would prohibit teachers from promoting a "negative account" of the founding and   history   of the United   States   or that it was founded   on   racism, among other things.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.5  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.4    2 years ago

I still say shit like this is designed to diminish public schools.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.3.6  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @4.3.5    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.7  Ender  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3.6    2 years ago

I don't see them restricting what can be taught.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.8  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3.6    2 years ago

That's an outright lie.  

I copied this from Facebook.

Today I taught 6 periods and subbed during my planning. I helped a young man find safe housing, a sweet girl secure a new winter jacket, replaced a student’s missing backpack, arranged for a replacement chromebook, made sure a student had food for this weekend and gave another a little cash for a haircut. I listened to a (lengthy) story about a new puppy, sat with a girl crying from cramps and supported a boy navigating his first heartbreak. I walked a new student to her next class, saved an art project with some super glue and wrote a card to a student I suspect is struggling right now. After that, I went to a meeting, tutored a student and tried to finish a college letter of recommendation that a student asked me for TODAY and needs by TOMORROW ( 1f644.png ) In all, I spent 10 hours working at work and 4 more at home trying to plan fun, inviting lessons.
I don’t want a single accolade.
I don’t tell you this for gratitude.
I don’t want your pats on the back.
I want you to know that in your child’s school, 30-50 teachers and school support staff did this today. And we will do it again tomorrow.
It’s what we signed up for.
It’s what we love.
It’s the reason we feel fulfilled.
It’s also why we’re tired.
Yesterday, a parent on a community online forum said that “it’s nice that teachers have finally decided to work” in response to our school being back in-person. I felt something inside shatter.
I would encourage you to recognize that, even if you believe teachers and staff aren’t working - that we haven’t worked THE HARDEST in the last few years- nobody in the history of EVER has been motivated by ugly.
Loving kids is the purest form of beauty there is. And it’ll outweigh your ugly all day.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.3.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.4    2 years ago
New   Hampshire's   state   law , passed in June, bans teaching that one group of people is inherently superior or inferior to another.

The horror! 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago
tion again, why are schools listening to what the white parents want to the exclusion of what the black parents want? 

So, in your world, the problem is the wrong racial group is making decisions.  It's not about substance, it's about which race has the power.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.4.1  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.4    2 years ago

That's a strawman Sean.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.4.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @4.4.1    2 years ago
That's a strawman Sean.

Nah, that's what he said.  He's concerned about what race objects, not substance of the objection.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.4.3  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.4.2    2 years ago

Pfft. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Maybe this will help Virginia schools stop teaching identity politics and focus on teaching kids things like reading and writing. 

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    2 years ago

Nothing says government overreach like telling the population to snitch on each other...

I hope the tip line gets drowned with false reposts.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1  devangelical  replied to  Ender @6    2 years ago

I hope it gets flooded with reports on thumper school teachers that support trump republicans.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @6.1    2 years ago
I hope it gets flooded with reports on thumper school teachers that support trump republicans.

Well, you know the saying......wish in one hand.................

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.1    2 years ago

... texan in the other.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @6.1.2    2 years ago

Oh, so you DON'T know the saying.

Here, let me help again:

"Wish in one hand, shit in the other. See which one gets filled first."

Hope that helps, but it is JUST a little hard to believe you didn't already know that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @6.1.2    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7  Jasper2529    2 years ago

Although it is correct to say that the curriculums aren't "labeled" CRT,   the tenets and principles of CRT are being taught.    How?  

Math, Science, History, and Language Arts are taught   through the lens of race and "social justice"   , i.e., judging each other as oppressors/victims rather than through academically sound facts. This leads to racial divisiveness, causing students to view themselves and each other as either superior or inferior to each other. Examples for schools and the work place (there are many more, including our military):

In addition - What many people don't realize is that it's not just CRT as described above that parents of all races object to. What's also taught in K-12 is Critical Transgender Theory and Critical Queer Theory. Once again, the curriculums don't have those specific titles, but the concept is reported throughout the USA. One example:

Jessica Konen filed the suit last week against teachers Lori Caldiera, Kelly Baraki and the Spreckels Union School District for allegedly manipulating her seventh-grade daughter to change her gender identity under the guise of the district’s “Parental Secret Policy” where teachers could counsel students about their gender confusion and assert a new gender identity without notifying parents .

There's another good article to read, but I cannot link it, because MBFC rates the site too far right. The  July 31, 2021 article describes how a middle school teacher named Amanda Cherry teaches her middle school Language Arts students at Southern Hills Middle School in Boulder, Colorado incorporates Queer Theory into her students' lives through literature. She explains the title of her course and the methods of what and how she teaches it. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @7    2 years ago

All of your sources are bogus

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1    2 years ago

The one is some Christian thing that says its mission is to renew America to a nation under God...

Their mission statement...

To renew a consensus of America as a nation under God with unique interests worthy of defending that flow from its people, institutions, and history, where individuals’ enjoyment of freedom is predicated on just laws and healthy communities.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1    2 years ago

Hello, Trout Giggles. Long time no see. Perhaps you'd like to detail exactly how all of my sources are "bogus". Factual sources that prove your opinion would be nice.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @7.1.1    2 years ago

Oh joy. Another Christian Domionist organization

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.2    2 years ago

Oh, c'mon. Defend our kids? America Renewing? Those don't sound biased at all

And the NY Post? We all know that rag isn't even good enough for my litter box. And MSN? You go from one extreme side to another.

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.3    2 years ago

The defend our kids thing, what can I say. They won't even say who runs the thing. Seems to be only some new thing 'to combat CRT'...

They want people to join and give their name, state, zipcode and email...

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Ender @7.1.5    2 years ago
They want people to join and give their name, state, zipcode and email...

that will come in handy, to the russian hackers...

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.7  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.4    2 years ago

Then the Washington Examiner...

The Washington Examiner is owned by  Clarity Media Group , which is owned by  Philip Anschutz,   an American billionaire entrepreneur who describes himself as a “conservative Christian.” Anschutz is also the owner of the right-leaning  Weekly Standard  and has donated millions of dollars to right-leaning causes, including  anti-LGBT groups,  such as the  Family Research Council , which has been labeled a hate group. The Washington Examiner is funded through an advertising and subscription model.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @7.1.7    2 years ago

Another rag not fit for my litter box

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1    2 years ago

"All of your sources are bogus"

What a surprise!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.10  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.4    2 years ago

Other than trying to ridicule my sources, your comment shows that you are unable to answer my comment 7.1.2 ...

Perhaps you'd like to detail exactly how all of my sources are "bogus". Factual sources that prove your opinion would be nice.

It was nice seeing you today. Ciao.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.10    2 years ago

They've been disproved.  Let it go.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.10    2 years ago
r than trying to ridicule my sources, your comment shows that you are unable to answer my comment 7.1.2 ...

It's their whole m.o., to avoid substance at all costs. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.13  Jasper2529  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.12    2 years ago

Please take note that none of the gang who've posted ridiculing comments has been willing or able to support their comments with facts.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.13    2 years ago

We always provide facts.  We're waiting on you to do the same.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.15  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.14    2 years ago
We always provide facts.

Thus far, I've seen few, if any, facts relevant to this seed posted either by you or whomever you consider "We", but I look forward to seeing some.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.12    2 years ago
It's their whole m.o., to avoid substance at all costs. 

Exactly.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.17  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.8    2 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @7.1.1    2 years ago
The one is some Christian thing that says its mission is to renew America to a nation under God... Their mission statement...

And how does any of that make it a fake source??

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.19  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1    2 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.20  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.11    2 years ago

No, they have not.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.21  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.12    2 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.22  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.17    2 years ago

That’s for darn sure.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.23  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.18    2 years ago

[Deleted]

pat wilson
Professor Participates
7.1.24  pat wilson  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.17    2 years ago

MBFC is a website. Of course it's not fit for your litter boxes, lol.

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.25  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.13    2 years ago

What facts? I showed your sources are from crackpot places with an agenda.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.26  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @7.1.24    2 years ago

Flushing it down the toilet would be totally appropriate though.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.27  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @7.1.25    2 years ago

Crackpot according to who exactly?  Just because you think it that doesn’t mean that others do. Their views are as valid as yours are.  

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.28  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.27    2 years ago

We all know your desire for dominionism.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.29  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.18    2 years ago

It doesn’t at all.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.30  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.18    2 years ago

Inquiring minds truly want to know!  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.31  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.12    2 years ago

You are exactly right!  Well said.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.32  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @7.1.28    2 years ago

The truth which is well known here is that I am unalterably opposed to dominionism no matter which religion is pushing it.  That some equate any expression at all of religious ideas or values in any form of any level of government to be dominionist is not my/our issue.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.33  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.18    2 years ago
The one is some Christian thing that says its mission is to renew America to a nation under God... Their mission statement...

And how does any of that make it a fake source??

clearly it does not do that at all.  Evangelical Christian originating points of view on this or any other issue are just as real and legitimate as any secular source is.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.34  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.20    2 years ago

Yes, they have.  Let it go.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @7    2 years ago
What's also taught in K-12 is Critical Transgender Theory and Critical Queer Theory.

You cant just make up curriculum. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2    2 years ago

Jasper just did. Oh....stop making the topic about Jasper!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2    2 years ago
You cant just make up curriculum. 

And I did NOT say that any Critical Theory was IN the curriculums. Read comment 7 more carefully, starting with my first sentence.

Although it is correct to say that the curriculums aren't "labeled" CRT , the tenets and principles of CRT are being taught.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.2.2    2 years ago

Why should I answer your question when you never answered mine?

"Ciao".....in my best mealy mouthed voice

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.3    2 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.2.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.3    2 years ago
Why should I answer your question when you never answered mine?

I searched, but I cannot find a question you directly asked me about the topic. Please specify, and if I can I'll be glad to give an answer or direct you to someone who can answer it for you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.2.5    2 years ago

[deleted]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.2.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @7.2.6    2 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.2.2    2 years ago

Getting CRT into the education of our children by any means or subterfuge needed is a goal of the bi coastal secular progressive elites 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.2.5    2 years ago
I searched, but I cannot find a question you directly asked me about the topic.

I agree wholeheartedly with your statement.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.10  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @7.2.9    2 years ago

I concur…

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.11  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.2.2    2 years ago
Although it is correct to say that the curriculums aren't "labeled" CRT,the tenets and principles of CRT are being taught.

The bottom line here.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.3  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @7    2 years ago
"There's another good article to read, but I cannot link it, because MBFC rates the site too far right. The  July 31, 2021 article describes how a middle school teacher named Amanda Cherry teaches her middle school Language Arts students at Southern Hills Middle School in Boulder, Colorado incorporates Queer Theory into her students' lives through literature. She explains the title of her course and the methods of what and how she teaches it."
So it's an alt-right site which you can't cite but you believe that nonsense?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @7.3    2 years ago

Like I said....bogus

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.3.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @7.3    2 years ago
So it's an alt-right site which you can't cite 

Left wing MBFC thinks so, so I don't buck TPTB. That's why I gave hints.

Anyone who takes a moment to use those hints can easily find the article and learn that it is a 2021 interview with Amanda Cherry that directly cites her statements and intentions.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.3.2    2 years ago

You're afraid of TPTB??????

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.3.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.3.3    2 years ago
You're afraid of TPTB??????

Please specify exactly where I said that. Too funny! Experienced members know that we must use MBFC as the only fact-checker source.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.3.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @7.3    2 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.3.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.3.3    2 years ago

Absolutely not in the slightest degree….

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.3.7  Trout Giggles  impassed  XXJefferson51 @7.3.6    2 years ago

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.3.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.3.2    2 years ago

Any kind of workaround that is needed is good.    Well done and well said.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8  bbl-1    2 years ago

Any 'tips' yet on any 'guilty' schools?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @8    2 years ago
Any 'tips' yet on any 'guilty' schools?

I do believe the answer will be forthcoming from Helsinki soon!