╌>

Thank God Trump Isn't President Right Now

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  216 comments

By:   Mona Charen (The Bulwark)

Thank God Trump Isn't President Right Now
Biden isn't perfect, but he beats the alternative.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Biden isn't perfect, but he beats the alternative. byMona Charen March 9, 2022 5:30 am

Joe Biden is not a very good president. His communication skills are subpar, e.g. when he found himself praising the "Iranian" instead of the Ukrainian people in his State of the Union speech. His political judgments are sometimes poor, e.g. devoting most of his first year to assuaging the demands of the progressive wing of his party. His stubbornness can be destructive, e.g. his decision to withdraw precipitously from Afghanistan. And his priorities are often wrong, e.g. focusing on voting rights legislation that addressed small problems like the number of days of early voting and dropboxes at the expense of the urgent need to reform the Electoral Count Act.

And yet, I thank God every day that Biden is president. The Russian offensive against Ukraine is the first crisis of his presidency (other than COVID, which was ongoing when he assumed office) and in this emergency he has redeemed the hopes of those who voted for competence. The administration's warnings to Moscow were unambiguous without being hysterical. Our revelations of intelligence unmasking Russian disinformation and false flag narratives were on the nose. Biden's coordination with European allies was neither bullying nor "leading from behind," but a skillful presentation of unity (special kudos to Secretary of State Antony Blinken). Biden's muscular reaffirmation of the U.S. commitment to NATO was crucial not just for Europe but for the world. China is taking notes on how the globe is responding to Putin and perhaps thinking twice about trying to conquer Taiwan.

By proclaiming American solidarity with Ukraine and our democratic allies around the world, Biden has restored our equilibrium. If Ronald Reagan were still alive, he'd find little to criticize in the administration's approach.

There were some missed opportunities. The president should have placed the invasion of Ukraine in a broader historical context and outlined how the struggle between democracy and authoritarianism is the defining issue of our time, whether abroad or at home. And he ought not to suggest or pretend that Americans can be spared any hardship, even higher gas prices, during this fight. On the contrary, he should be preparing the nation for sacrifice. Seventy-nine percent of Americans already favor banning Russian oil imports even if it means higher gas prices, and it's a mistake to discount people's unselfish impulses. Besides, if he promises that all of the pain will be inflicted on Russia, he will be blamed for breaking his word when Americans feel the sting of price hikes, instead of being honored for standing on principle.

Biden is a normal man with normal flaws. He made some errors, but he sees clearly what sort of menace Vladimir Putin is. Only the most obtuse or twisted soul could fail to see it. . . which brings us to the president's predecessor.

The Ukraine crisis reminds us that Trump is no run-of-the-mill fool, but a unique combination of stupidity and venality. A quick refresher on his relations with Putin and Ukraine leaves little doubt that far from deterring Putin, he was Putin's most reliable "useful idiot." Trump's most durable legacy is the Putinesque level of deceit he introduced into the American bloodstream, but he was also a mark.

Trump wasn't the first president to go soft on Putin, of course. Barack "Tell Vladimir I'll have more flexibility after the election" Obama plowed that ground very well. Failing to enforce his red line in Syria and inviting Russia to assert dominance there; failing to impose harsh sanctions after the annexation of Crimea; and mocking Mitt Romney for taking the Russian threat seriously, Obama was hardly a model of fortitude.

But at least Obama knew what he was doing. He chose diffidence and called it wisdom. Trump was a dupe and a dope, a walking refutation of the adage "you can't kid a kidder." An inveterate liar himself, he could never discern when he was being played, at least by the strongmen he admired like Putin, Kim, and Xi.

Having spent the entire 2016 campaign suggesting that it would be great if we "got along with Russia," encouraging Moscow to hack Hillary Clinton's emails, and accepting dirt on his opponent from Russian figures, Trump was under strong suspicion and a federal investigation for his Russia ties. All 17 American intelligence agencies agreed that Russia had interfered with the election to damage Clinton. Yet upon Trump's first meeting with Putin, he accepted the Russian's denials and announced the creation of "an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded and safe." The plan to let the fox guard the henhouse was dropped after GOP senators exploded.

We'll never know how many times Trump spoke to Putin because those records were expunged and Trump often demanded that the translators take no notes, but it is clear from the public record that Trump often repeated Putin's talking points.

At the Helsinki summit, Trump infamously endorsed Putin's version of the election interference story over that of America's own intelligence agencies. "President Putin says it's not Russia," Trump said. "I don't see any reason why it would be." Later, speaking to Tucker Carlson, Trump revealed the other ways Putin had been poisoning his mind, planting ideas about NATO countries. "Why should my son go to Montenegro to defend it from attack?" Carlson asked. Trump responded: "I've asked the same question. Montenegro is a tiny country with very strong people. . . . They are very strong people. They are very aggressive people, they may get aggressive, and congratulations, you are in World War III." Who believes that Trump had ever heard of Montenegro, far less formed views about their supposed aggressiveness, before that meeting?

Trump got other ideas from his conversations with Putin and dutifully lobbied our major trading partners in the G7 to invite Russia back into the fold. They declined.

In 2019, defending his decision to withdraw troops from Syria and Afghanistan, Trump offered this little potted history about Russia's engagement with that country: "Russia used to be the Soviet Union. Afghanistan made it Russia, because they went bankrupt fighting in Afghanistan. Russia. . . the reason Russia was in Afghanistan was because terrorists were going into Russia. They were right to be there."

As with the other Putin nuggets he regurgitated, Trump said this with perfect ingenuousness.

Throughout his presidency, Trump hinted and blustered about withdrawing from NATO, which would fulfill Putin's dearest wish. When his aides objected that this might be harmful politically, Trump conceded the point, as Carol Leonnig and Phil Rucker report, saying "Yeah, the second term. We'll do it in the second term."

As for Ukraine, Putin, like the KGB officer he had once been, had filled Trump's mind with calumnies playing upon his particular obsessions. Trump got the idea that it was Ukraine, not Russia, that had interfered in the 2016 election, and that the meddling was against Trump, not for him. As New York Magazine reported, "Trump repeatedly told one senior official that the Russian president said Ukraine sought to undermine him." Trump further believed in a mysterious "missing server" that was hidden in Ukraine containing the missing emails. In his infamous 2019 shake-down call with Volodomyr Zelensky, Trump alluded to it: "I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say CrowdStrike. . . I guess you have one of your wealthy people. . . The server, they say Ukraine has it."

And because Trump swallowed Putin's lies, congressional Republicans echoed them. In her testimony before the House intelligence committee, Fiona Hill attempted to debunk it:

Based on questions and statements I have heard, some of you on this committee appear to believe that Russia and its security services did not conduct a campaign against our country—and that perhaps, somehow, for some reason, Ukraine did. This is a fictional narrative that has been perpetrated and propagated by the Russian security services themselves.

Yes, and by their willing mouthpiece, the then-president of the United States.

In 2016, Trump suggested that Russian ownership of Crimea be recognized, and again repeated a factoid that seems likely to have come directly from Putin. "The people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were," he told ABC News. The GOP platform was changed to omit endorsing arms for Ukraine. Asked about his view of Putin's intentions, he huffed, "He's not going into Ukraine, OK, just so you understand. He's not gonna go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down. You can take it anywhere you want."

It was more than ignorance, it was hero worship. Trump is a disturbed human being who is constantly revealing his attraction to violence and "strength." Even as Putin was smashing his tanks into Ukraine, Trump fawned over his "genius" and then boasted that "I know him very, very well." He said it was "wonderful." He backtracked after a day or two, but doubtless only after being advised that it was politically unwise.

But if, God forbid, there were ever a second term, political considerations wouldn't be dispositive and the most sinister and credulous man ever to disgrace the Oval Office would be unconstrained.

Biden hasn't been perfect—but he's a godsend given the alternative.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
The Ukraine crisis reminds us that Trump is no run-of-the-mill fool, but a unique combination of stupidity and venality. A quick refresher on his relations with Putin and Ukraine leaves little doubt that far from deterring Putin, he was Putin's most reliable "useful idiot." Trump's most durable legacy is the Putinesque level of deceit he introduced into the American bloodstream, but he was also a mark.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

If Trump were still President:  You can trust me because I'm a stable genius...an unprovoked attack on civilians in a neighboring country is the best thing to happen.  Vlad and I discussed it and we both agreed that Ukraine needed outside peacekeeping measures for their own good.  Don't worry about the elementary school that was bombed to smithereens.  The fake media is responsible for that fake report.  They were just trying to make Vlad and I look bad.  blablablablahunterbidenblablablaZelenskyliesblablablastolenelectionblablabla...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1    2 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

In all honesty, I prefer neither Trump nor Biden. Both parties are definitely going to have to do better in 2024.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2    2 years ago

IMO the last two elections have been the lesser of two evils.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2    2 years ago

that I agree with

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.1    2 years ago
IMO the last two elections have been the lesser of two evils

So who would YOU prefer to be heading our country when faced with what we are currently facing, an imperfect bland Biden who's actual candid thoughts, he has difficulty in hiding, cause he speaks from his candid cane sided hip and off script while using a long run of five decades of learning and modifying his schtick, he has wielded rather wisely while rather uncompromisingly, as his stance has reassured our very concerned NATO and World Allies that he is NOT Trump who was All LIES not allies, and doing  what Putin put in OUR office,  to do, then overdue Putins bidding, as Trumps refusal to even speak negative of about ANYTHING Putin and Putins' Russia did was so damn embarrassing as TRump caved and conceded to any and all of Putns' perverted wants and needs, as Trump the Cockholster's mouth(peace) probably still bleeds as the GOP allowed aloud what the entire world did see, Trump , the Putin Bitch, obvious sniveling snitch, cave to Putin the Sper plunk king spelunking  donutz dunkin mini shirtless munchkin, that caused the mental midget Trumpullforeskin to get on his knees , again and again, cause Trump done did re-veal how a tender baby calf pounded repeatedly by the tiny tenacious tyrannical wreckx chopped till too tenderizer $Money$ and freedommdespizer  mizer was done well with so much at steak for US , cause Trumpm cooked his books while Putin roasted US and he a lot, while boiling US in the Despot, as the metric did rule especially afterr meters were measured off the meter as we done Sinki to Hell, as how did that not foremore tell, why Trump called Hillary the Kettle, Black and clear as day rioting all the day long, asz YTtrump sangband projected the projection upon others his own in and actions respectfully, Never stated to US, causen whats all the fuss, GTrump be justvlike the rest of US, a Tyranical Rex of an attempted Quart appointed liter or too out spoken about his in security and impurity that as plain and simple for LIED to Americans to choose NOTB TO SEA, How Deep this mental deficiency picture of efficient innefficiency when it came  to what was best for US ALL, nbut, thus watt i heard happens when the herd falls for his lines and the GOP did not sheppard the stampede, as it just attempted to impede the Male , "Man" from deliverence of truth delivered via  scxience disputed, as Trump pushed by a Putin male in his ballot box stuffed with Bull Shit, as he rounded the sharp bend, very fast while Russia all along, over and overtly with lifting his skirt curtly, and pursued an agenda, authored buy the won who he did it for, asz he sang hisn song all along, while America put its feet up, and toked, then passed the Bong while reflecting, all while sum were capable of seeing this smoke and mirror show, and somehow chose to just let it go,m and go it did, like a strike right down the center of the alley way where Trump did meet in his spare time because of the awesome shoes he was trying to fill, cause bowling for a combine school of thought between US and those Russian round our back door, should leave many of the Good Ole Party not feeling that reach around our countries foundation did feel pof joy, as Putins little puppet boy toy Trumppy and the none condemning GOP   certainly of which most were aware of, yet chose not to sea, the depth and implications of Trumpies little insecurity insurrection designed KGB inserted puss filled infection, did, and has done, from his first Russia Putin election, till his second art of the steal deal he did sell, that the GOP allowed aloud, one, who could have not been a bigger LOSER for US, our Allies, and the twisted World,,, cause one day that blowing wind, will cause a House to land and fall on the one who thought he could have it all, and when they remove Trumps shoes, his feet will orange cheese curl, so jamb that in you GOP stolen play book of dirty tricks, cause the GOP was taken over by a BUNCH of dirty Dicks, and if we are fortunate to have the ignorance of this damn country to finally cede, we will be the weed that found the grass is not always greener, when a country is led by a little wiener and a big Dick         asz who coulda ever envisioned, the USA consisting of skjulls so damn Thick , led by a little prick, surrounded and supported by a bunch of short and curly Dick supporting non deserving servants, who chose to support those who feel they should be left with it all, as these servants are closer to Pubic Heirs, asz public servants serving only their private interests, and some dicks, we got stuck with even afterr the George Bushes, with some giant ass pricks,that left US SICK      and i am,   of so many who defended so many   allowing our poor country so placentaful,   

to be the after birth lives, deeply depressed by this mess men of power created for they so hated to be not in , that

they protected a little Pyrite  prick, who wood and could melt, just from a Golden Shower.

a "man' like this, can never again hold our top office, of, Power       cause it was never the choice between two evils

it was the choice between a man who  loved his country for  sure

and a man who loved himself and was completely impure

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2.3    2 years ago

epic

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.2.5  pat wilson  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.4    2 years ago

igz always is

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2.3    2 years ago
i-needaword-salad-translator-tounderstand-this-lgibberish-17753148.png

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.6    2 years ago

We treasure him and his prose. Read slowly and carefully, then you will understand

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.7    2 years ago

No thanks, I don't have faith that is worth the time and effort it would take.  But you enjoy.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.8    2 years ago

Thank you I will

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2.3    2 years ago

My apologies and no offense intended, but to me the above gives new meaning to the words sweeping generalizations.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.2.11  arkpdx  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2.3    2 years ago
Putin put in OUR office 

And your proof of this is? Oh that's right you don't have any because it never happened. It is just what your told to say.

As far as Biden (let's go Brandon) is concerned, he is an absolute disgrace. He isn't taking the lead in the wests assistance of Ukraine. He follows others on when and what sanctions he levies.  He asks NATO allies to supply aircraft to Ukraine then when Poland says They will provide, Biden's administration says it will expand the war. Yup. Giving the tools Ukraine needs to fight with is on expansionary and Putin won't like it. Myself I couldn't give a rats fat payout what Putin wants. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.12  Jack_TX  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2.3    2 years ago
So who would YOU prefer to be heading our country when faced with what we are currently facing,

Ronald Reagan.  Teddy Roosevelt.  George Washington.

But as none of them are available, I'd prefer Condolezza Rice, Joe Manchin, Mitt Romney, or any of probably another dozen people over Trump or Biden.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.13  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.12    2 years ago
I'd prefer Condolezza Rice, ...

She has been my ideal candidate for the GOP.   Trouble is, as with most of the highly-qualified, intelligent, rational adults, she will not run.    I suspect she is unwilling to do what is required to win in today's duplicitous, partisan environment.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.14  Jack_TX  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.13    2 years ago
Trouble is, as with most of the highly-qualified, intelligent, rational adults, she will not run.

Exactly.

The same was true of Colin Powell.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.15  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.14    2 years ago

Unfortunately.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Only I am perfect. The rest of humanity are just wannabees.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.3.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  cjcold @1.3    2 years ago

jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  cjcold @1.3    2 years ago

HA! I don't think I was ever human!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.2    2 years ago

Hey, I spent years serving with the Marines. I know that lets me out!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Mona Charen, by the way, is a lifelong conservative . Those old enough may remember her from the conservative side of the table on the old John McLaughlin show on PBS. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

I thought she was so I was surprised to see that she wrote this. Of course, she wasn't all rainbows and unicorns when speaking about Biden

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    2 years ago

...she didn't want to be labelled or politically excommunicated.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

So was George Will and yet he had/has a bad case of TDS as well.

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    2 years ago

AMEN to that!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
speaking to Tucker Carlson, Trump revealed the other ways Putin had been poisoning his mind, planting ideas about NATO countries. "Why should my son go to Montenegro to defend it from attack?" Carlson asked. Trump responded: "I've asked the same question. Montenegro is a tiny country with very strong people. . . . They are very strong people. They are very aggressive people, they may get aggressive, and congratulations, you are in World War III." Who believes that Trump had ever heard of Montenegro, far less formed views about their supposed aggressiveness, before that meeting? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago

trump couldn't find it on a map...

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.1.1  pat wilson  replied to  devangelical @4.1    2 years ago

He found the prime minister of Montenegro at his first Nato meeting and shoved him out of his way so he would be front and center for the cameras. trump is such a pig and embarrassment.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago

Of course they are aggressive - just look at the last two syllables in the name of that country!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

[]

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  JBB  replied to  Right Down the Center @5    2 years ago

If Trump was not running and was not the gop Frontrunner you might have a point, butt he is...

Trump is running and he is the gop frontrunner.

You should probably get yourself new material...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @5.1    2 years ago
If Trump was not running

When was that announcement made?  Or was this just another unfounded claim?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.1.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @5.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @5    2 years ago

[deleted

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Right Down the Center @5    2 years ago
It is scary how much some people obsess with everything Trump has ever done or said.

If he would stop saying and doing the dumb shit, maybe we could get passed him.  As it is, he refuses to leave.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3.1  devangelical  replied to  Ozzwald @5.3    2 years ago

I'm definitely and anxiously looking forward to his last news cycle.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @5.3    2 years ago
If he would stop saying and doing the dumb shit, maybe we could get passed him.

Holy bullshit Batman!  To move on is simple.  All you have to do is QUIT HANING ON EVERYTHING HE DOES OR SAYS.  There are far bigger problems in this country to worry about than Trump. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.3.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ozzwald @5.3    2 years ago

[deleted]

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.3.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.2    2 years ago

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.3.5    2 years ago

[deleted]

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.3.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.6    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.3.9  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.2    2 years ago
All you have to do is QUIT HANING ON EVERYTHING HE DOES OR SAYS.

He is the leader of the republican party, you cannot simply ignore him since he sets their policies.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @5.3.9    2 years ago
He is the leader of the republican party,

Um, no.  That's Kevin McCarthy.  Looking through the Republican party leadership, Trump is nowhere.

you cannot simply ignore him since he sets their policies.

Um, yes, you can simply ignore him.  YOU allow him to have all this control over YOU.  Nobody else.  Just you.  All you have to do is unsubscribe from his feeds and get a hobby.  You don't have to react to anything he, or anybody says.  You CHOOSE to react.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.11  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.10    2 years ago

address the article or i will flag you

the topic is not liberals or democrats who complain about Trump. The topic is Trump compared to Biden. 

I'm sure you can muster up a thought or two that is on topic. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.12  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.11    2 years ago
The topic is Trump compared to Biden. 

I guess the thanks to God is because everything in the world is going just swimmingly fine now, right?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.13  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.11    2 years ago
address the article or i will flag you

I addressed a statement MADE TO ME.  You have issue with that then take it up with the person who made the statement to me.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.14  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.13    2 years ago

If you want to have a seed about TDS, and perrie allows it, start your own seed. I dont want that crap on my articles. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.15  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.14    2 years ago
I dont want that crap on my articles

Then I recommend you reel in your people.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.3.16  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.14    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.3.17  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @5.3    2 years ago
If he would stop saying and doing the dumb shit

If that is a prerequisite to acceptance you should absolutely hate old foot in mouth Biden.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.4  devangelical  replied to  Right Down the Center @5    2 years ago
I hope there is a cure someday.

there is already, it's called natural selection...

let's go darwin!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Will the right wingers please stop spamming and trolling this seed?

Donald Trump makes himself the center of attention. He puts out press releases and or gives interviews many times every week. He greatly hinted to CPAC last week that he is running again for president. No one is unfairly commenting on Trump. He brought it all on himself. 

The two articles about Trump that I seeded today are BOTH written by conservatives. 

Stop the fricking whining for god's sake. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 years ago
He puts out press releases and or gives interviews many times every week.

Why do you listen to/read them? Holy shit SMH

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2    2 years ago

What we need is for Republicans and other conservatives to denounce Trump and run him out of politics once and for all. Then we can start to get back to "normal". 

Are you up for that? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    2 years ago

I'm already leaning another way. And she's a Dem.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.2.3  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
6.2.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    2 years ago
Then we can start to get back to "normal". 

I thought electing Joe was when we would start getting back to normal.  That was what he promised when he was running.  Now the goalposts have changed because he is an incompetent president and can't keep any of his promises. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
6.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 years ago

I cleared the meta on this article. 

Also, TDS is off-topic.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.3    2 years ago

Sorry but TDS is not off topic, not in any rational world anyways

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.3.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @6.3.1    2 years ago

There is no such thing as TDS. You cant invent it just because you want to pout. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3.2    2 years ago

You denial in this case is beyond epic ..... it’s astronomical.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @6.3.1    2 years ago

If the author says it is, it's off-topic. And it was backed up by Perrie.

Now there's a round or two I would love to see

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.5  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3.4    2 years ago

Doesn’t change the truth in my comment.    

Not one bit ..... 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @6.3.5    2 years ago

You may be a brainiac and all but you still have problems with typing like the rest of us. Miss a word in your comment? Because it doesn't make any sense to me and I'm a whole word reader

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.7  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3.6    2 years ago

What’s the problem?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @6.3.7    2 years ago

I can't make sense of your comment

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.10  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.12  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

You said that already.  Yawn.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.13  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3.8    2 years ago

What’s the problem?    

Be happy to help you understand.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.14  Sparty On  replied to    2 years ago

I do have a dedicated fan club here .... true dat.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @6.3.14    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.16  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @6.3.15    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.17  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @6.3.13    2 years ago

It helped that you went back and edited your comment. [Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.19  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3.17    2 years ago
It helped that you went back and edited your comment. But I guess you'll just going to ignore that TDS is off topic. It's exactly what I've come to expect of you. You shine in your arrogance

TDS is on topic.    100%

Then perhaps you should reserve such judgements until after the NT allowed edit period.    It’s there for a reason and for my part, I have never claimed to be perfect.

That said, this seed is not about me.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.20  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @6.3.15    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.21  Trout Giggles  impassed  Sparty On @6.3.19    2 years ago
✋🏼

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 years ago
Will the right wingers please stop spamming and trolling this seed?

Oh, what's wrong.  You don't like it when others use the lefts tactics on seeds?  

Donald Trump makes himself the center of attention.  He puts out press releases and or gives interviews many times every week. 

YOU make him the center of attention.  Many of us have moved on.  YOU are seem to be the one that waits with bated breath for his next release.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.4    2 years ago

No, they just don’t like it when someone disagrees with them.

Pretty simple ......

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.4.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sparty On @6.4.1    2 years ago

When somebody disagree with them that's when the memes and "you're a racist" or "you're a bigot" garbage come out.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.4.3  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.4    2 years ago

"YOU make him the center of attention."

No, WE don't.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.4.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @6.4.3    2 years ago

Yeah, your comments say otherwise.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.4.5  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @6.4.3    2 years ago

The why is it that only the lefties and liberals here continually publish seeds about him and are the first to always bring him up. I fell a bit sorry for you all and you obsession with one irrelavent man. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.4.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @6.4.5    2 years ago

How can Trump be irrelevant when he is the leader in all the polls for the GOP nomination in 2024?  Beyond that he is constantly seeking attention in the news by putting out statements and giving interviews. 

You wish he was irrelevant so you ignore all the evidence that he is not irrelevant. 

Why do you people put the country through this bullshit ?  Denounce him and run him out of politics. That is all there is to it. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.4.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @6.4.6    2 years ago
How can Trump be irrelevant when he is the leader in all the polls for the GOP nomination in 2024

At this point he is irrelevant. 2024 is a long way away and a lot can happen.

Beyond that he is constantly seeking attention in the news by putting out statements and giving interviews. 

Last I knew, not required reading OR listening. Only gluttons for punishment do/would just to have something to bitch about.

You wish he was irrelevant so you ignore all the evidence that he is not irrelevant.

To all but the severely afflicted, he is irrelevant at this point.

Why do you people put the country through this bullshit

What bullshit would that be John and please be specific.

Denounce him and run him out of politics. That is all there is to it. 

Why? How will that cease his existence and the fact that he is alive. That some feel the need to listen to and read his shit is just plain fucking ludicrous and self deprecating. Own it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.4.9  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.4.7    2 years ago

Personally, I dont give a fuck what the right wingers here do.

But some people want everyone to get along,  so crap like TDS claims is an issue. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.4.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @6.4.9    2 years ago
But some people want everyone to get along, 

Who? I'm sorry but if you are saying you, that would only be if everyone agreed with you it seems.

so crap like TDS claims is an issue. 

Until one looks at the definition displayed elsewhere today and starts to put the pieces together. Sorry.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.4.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @6.4.6    2 years ago
Beyond that he is constantly seeking attention in the news by putting out statements and giving interviews.

And you and the other liberals on this site seem more than willing to give him the attention.  

Why do you people put the country through this bullshit ?

Do you read what you post? Look around the site.  EVERY seed about Trump or his family are from you or some other liberal.  99% of them are fictional.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.4.12  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @6.4.9    2 years ago
Personally, I dont give a fuck what the right wingers here do.

coulda fooled me .....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.4.13  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.4.11    2 years ago
99% of them are fictional.  

You were sort of hanging on by your fingernails until you said that.  That is simply delusional.  If other people want to have patience with delusion, that is their choice. I'm not interested in that level of delusion. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.4.14  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @6.4.1    2 years ago
No, they just don’t like it when someone disagrees with them. Pretty simple ......

I'll R gue with someone that disagrees, agrees, or , has no fcknm opinion on the subject, 

cause i'm boring, usually right through peep holes skullz to view the emptiness i phil in like a ditch witch couldnt take and cast a pole vault filled with emptiness, over the lowered Barr, cause i tunnel over bridges till i fill the gorge till gorged , cause buy George  a beer is neer, so im not far, fromm makin it a little more bazar , cause i Ken grab with Kung Fu, those that cant grip the reality, that people misbelieve i spew, into their faceless reason, cause spring is a new season for things to dye inn heir apparent, cause i;ll float something down a stream of unconsciousness till it cause a log jamb on a wood door and possibly open it, and show what might be the bottom floor of the high rise rancher, and quite [popssibly, a little something more, cause i actually N joy playing witt you Sparty On about anything, cause wired like Barbi but hung till i Ken allow my feats to touch the ground i never walked upon water due to it being too shallow, just like many hear here only watts they wish to be, and that is what makews up the GOP, to me,  asz i'm an asz who would rather see right through the transparency consistently placed in front of me that cannot obscure a truer view of the reality over due to andn for, so manyu whom need to be educated and de-programmed buy the bullshit brought forth, cause enuff to cause one nto drink a Fifth till im assuming and con summing the sixth n sense that leaves me seven short of ate what isn't benign the ten times eleven dirty dozen bakers who's 14 year old attitude, is so easy do elude cause of at age 15 you are permitted to drive, and i can and will, as i cann drive emm Uber Crazy when they be N are down and need a Lift, so just let me know when you need me to pick you up, cause lately, thats just me and who i be is someone on time to pick U up Sparty, On time i wont be, but hey ;its not too late, cause i can Carnbon Date while Raisin points you will not deflate as you blow TDS out and about like a Maceys Float Tin Man, that just wont stand due to no legs like a King Author Knight of the Oval table of contents, that i enjoy rectangular, cause i am the square that really doesn't care and whenn i have time to spare do enjoy our little chats, erh bate me into a trap, and see if you can escape the table shape i talk around people into out of shapes, but, hey, who doesn't need an escape or two nonn cents inserted, cause the damn truth be damn perverted, like us, ore not, we be who we be, and like a snake, you are not, and that is sad, cause you really should shed that skin knee Hoe so sharp, and grind your poinjts a little finer, cause i took a coarse, and now major in minor, in, and can like a Canary now sing aloud because i allowed me to, so since lonely so low, tell me where you wish not to go, cause your wish..... 

is not one of ten

cause it is the same as so many, who wish i would just go, away, and my a way i always will, cause its not the triumph, it is the thrill of the kill in time board, i sound off and upon, well Once..... Have a grate weekend, or, have an aggravated Start

cause , i can play a part that whitch i spell to pick       tok tik  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.4.15  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.4.14    2 years ago

Bread, hobo, sticky wicket, methane, chebychev’s method, right turn Clyde, knock knock .... no one is there .....

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.4.16  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @6.4.15    2 years ago

[Deleted] all while once again, you make me appear to shine, so the shoes please….

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.4.17  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.4.16    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10  Texan1211    2 years ago

Russians waging war, skyrocketing gas prices, runaway inflation, what's not to love about the Biden/Harris Admin.??

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
10.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @10    2 years ago

That it isn’t the Trump Administration.  Praise Jesus.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10.1    2 years ago
That it isn’t the Trump Administration.

I guess that makes sense if you prefer war to peace, high gas prices compared to lower ones, and high inflation compared to low.

I guess it all makes sense if you are a deluded progressive.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.1    2 years ago
I guess that makes sense if you prefer war to peace, high gas prices compared to lower ones, and high inflation

Small prices to pay for lack of mean tweets that might hurt peoples feelings

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.2    2 years ago

trump is a criminal

i guess conservatives and Republicans like and respect criminals

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.2    2 years ago
Small prices to pay for lack of mean tweets that might hurt peoples feelings

I suppose. 

Seems like a silly idea--that war is preferable to peace, and high prices are preferable to lower prices. Got to remember that the same Democrats also responded in a poll that they would flee Ukraine if they were there instead of fighting for their country. Kind of gives you an idea of their mindset.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.3    2 years ago
trump is a criminal

Do list ALL (or even one) of his convictions.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.3    2 years ago
i guess conservatives and Republicans like and respect criminals

Bad guess.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.7  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.5    2 years ago

Let me ask you a question -  

does every criminal go to jail?

Someone is a criminal because they commit crimes , either against legal statutes or against societal norms. 

Trump tried to steal the election . That is criminal whether he ever spends a day in jail for it or not. 

There are thousands, tens of thousands of people who have committed criminal behavior that are not convicted or in prison. 

Dont ask what he has been convicted of , if you think he is an innocent man tell us what you think he is innocent of.  He tried to steal the election.  Tell us why you think he is innocent of that accusation. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.7    2 years ago
does every criminal go to jail?

Nope.

But it is very telling that you think war, high prices and inflation are preferable to having Trump.

Crime of going against 'societal norms"?

LOL!

Is that progressive code for "he did something I don't like"?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
10.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.7    2 years ago
Dont ask what he has been convicted of , if you think he is an innocent man tell us what you think he is innocent of.

Way to avoid the question.  Trump being a "criminal" is only in your mind and the minds of those who just can't seem to move on to the real problems in this country.  It's YOUR perception.  And all based on what?  With all the investigating the Democrats and the left have done, there's been no evidence to show any criminal activity.  So what is your claim based on?  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.10  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @10.1.9    2 years ago
Way to avoid the question.  Trump being a "criminal" is only in your mind

Utter nonsense. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.11  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.8    2 years ago

There are websites that list all of trumps criminal behavior. I refer you to those google searches. 

You are boring the shit out of me. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.1.12  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @10.1.9    2 years ago

Seriously ? No Evidence ?? There ,millions of pieces of evidence, that dont matter to the Republicans, as you example daily. There so gfar has not been enough ton remove or convict, bit millions of coincidences do a few correlations make, and no, this is not news Fake, this kis the Hypocritical "right" that feel Trump can do NO WRONG. If Trump were not POTUS, he would have been convicted just like Cohen, his coconspirator, or the dead Epstein, his child rape charged Co-defendant, cause the LIAR in chief has at minimum a few hundred MOERE CHARGES PENDING AGAINSTY HIM AND HIS Business's , and that to you makes him not a criminal, just a person who seemingly haplessly lands in the middle of a corrupted mess of crime ALL THE DAMN TIME, yet he's ALWAYS INNOCENT for sure , cause for ignorance, not always a cure...

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.13  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.3    2 years ago
trump is a criminal

When he is charged, tried and convicted I will believe that.  Until then he is a blowhard that I pretty much ignore.

i guess conservatives and Republicans like and respect criminals.

A few, probably,  But not the vast majority I would bet.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.14  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.4    2 years ago
Kind of gives you an idea of their mindset.

Power, anything for power.  But cowards when it comes right down to it.  That is why they try to be close to a safe space at all times.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.14    2 years ago

What are you talking about? Did you ever think that one doesn't want to listen to the shit that spews of some people's mouths because they are nothing but a one trick pony who only know how to spell certain words? That kinda of repetitious spewing is boring and not worthy of one's time. Call it a safe space if you want, I call it conserving my sanity

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.11    2 years ago

you bore me. too, with your obsession.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.11    2 years ago

I refuse to look for crackpot websites you managed to find.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.18  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.7    2 years ago

Trying to steal the election is just the tip of his crimes committed iceberg.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
10.1.19  arkpdx  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1.18    2 years ago
Trying to steal the election 

Since Hillary tried to steal the 2016 election by  conspiring with a foreign agent and colluding with the Russians, trying to bribe the electors to be faithless, you must consider her to be a criminal. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.20  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @10.1.19    2 years ago
Since Hillary tried to steal the 2016 election by  conspiring with a foreign agent and colluding with the Russians, trying to bribe the electors to be faithless, you must consider her to be a criminal. 

Your hallucinations are not our problem. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
10.1.21  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.20    2 years ago

What hallucinations would those be? Every thing I said in my comment happened whether you remember or not. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.22  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @10.1.21    2 years ago

The Republican led Senate Intelligence Committee that made a report on this in 2019 didnt agree with you. They kind of said the opposite, that it was Trump that the Russians were helping and that there were many inappropriate contacts between the Trump campaign and the Russians. So yeah, you have been hallucinating. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
10.1.23  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  igknorantzrulz @10.1.12    2 years ago
Seriously ? No Evidence ??

I didn't stutter.  5+ years of investigations and not a single criminal charge.  If it's there, post the links to the evidence.  Not a news report, the evidence.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.24  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @10.1.23    2 years ago

The idea that Trump is an innocent person is laughable. Totally laughable. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.1.25  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @10.1.23    2 years ago

Well Real sorry if I DID, stutter, cause , quite honestly , I did not, stutter, but if I did, was only due to my stuttered growth , that occasionally observers, find quite the observation , and all without an observation deck , or tower over the re moat pastability, I might be cowering , behind

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
10.1.26  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.24    2 years ago
The idea that Trump is an innocent person is laughable. Totally laughable. 

Almost as laughable as every TDS driven hit piece you seed here.  I'm also curious.  Where exactly did I say he was innocent?  I have challenged you many times to provide evidence of wrong doing.  Of which you've given absolutely ZERO. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.27  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.20    2 years ago

Hillary's biggest mistake was being a gracious loser.  She should have demanded a recount.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.28  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @10.1.26    2 years ago

You are a waste of time on this forum. The list keeps growing. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.29  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1.27    2 years ago

Lol .... gracious loser?    

Tell that to her hotel room.    Tell that to the “resist” movement she started because she is such a sore loser.   Etc, etc.

Gawd .... just more astronomical denial at work!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
10.1.30  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.29    2 years ago

Tell that to the “resist” movement she started 

And she joined  a lawsuit to force a recount.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
10.1.31  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.28    2 years ago
You are a waste of time on this forum.

That doesn't mean you will be following me too does it?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.32  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sean Treacy @10.1.30    2 years ago

Yep............

And they used Jill Stein's effort to disguise their own motives.

"In the campaign’s most detailed comments to date on the recount, Elias wrote that while the campaign was not going to contest the results itself, it has decided now to take part in the effort to “ensure that it is fair to all sides .”

All sides mya ass...........LOL

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.33  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.2    2 years ago
"Small prices to pay for lack of mean tweets that might hurt peoples feelings"

Yeah, that's the only problem we had with that steaming pile of shit.  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
10.1.34  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.33    2 years ago

At least you finally admit it.  That's the first step in recovery.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.35  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @10.1.34    2 years ago

Whoosh!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
10.1.36  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10.1    2 years ago

Yeah better that thousands are dying in Ukraine including women, children and the old and infirm, our southern is more porous than ever, gas prices are at record highs and inflation is claiming faster than a scared monkey. Yup! All those things are so much better that the peace we saw the closed and harding border highghest minority employment rate in decades.  low or no inflation, low gas prices that Trump brought. 

Yeah things are so much better under let's go Brandon/S

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.37  Right Down the Center  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1.27    2 years ago
Hillary's biggest mistake was being a gracious loser.

Thanks for proof some liberals do have a sense of humor, I was starting to be concerned.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.38  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.35    2 years ago

It wasn't over his head. He knew exactly what you meant. It was just another trolling opportunity for him

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.40  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.33    2 years ago
Yeah, that's the only problem we had with that steaming pile of shit.

Not the only one but they all (including that one) pale in comparison to the total incompetent and impotent moron in the White house now.  The only thing he is good at is the Bernie Lomax imitation he does with his handlers.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
10.1.41  Sean Treacy  replied to  arkpdx @10.1.36    2 years ago

I remember before Trump was sworn in one of the liberal papers, maybe the Post, ran supposed headlines from 6 months into Trump's Presidency predicting all these terrible things that Trump's Presidency would cause. The headlines looked alot like reality after a year of Biden. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.42  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @10.1.34    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.43  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.38    2 years ago

Well when that's all they got - they go for it.  An expression I love from a guy I used to go out with - If you're going to go bear, go grizzly

I've got a lot of grizzly followers in my fan club.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.44  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.40    2 years ago

Your typical projection, deflection, and denial.  YAWN!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.45  Right Down the Center  replied to  Sean Treacy @10.1.41    2 years ago

682hlv.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.46  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

Still clueless

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.47  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.44    2 years ago
Your typical projection, deflection, and denial.  YAWN!

That seems to be a typical coded response when a liberal gets their ass handed to them.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
10.1.48  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to    2 years ago

Looking at the comment.  It happened.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.49  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.47    2 years ago
That seems to be a typical coded response when a liberal gets their ass handed to them.

Lets us know when you get ready to hand someones ass to them, (first time for everything) so we can brace ourselves. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.50  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.49    2 years ago

We will, and then we will explain it, too!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.51  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.49    2 years ago

Some liberals get it handed to themselves so often they become desensitized to it and can no longer recognize it at all.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.53  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.51    2 years ago

It's hilarious how often you alleged conservatives claim you hand our asses to us when it's ALWAYS the opposite!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.54  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.47    2 years ago

You don't have that ability.  Never happened, never will.  Just like with your butt buddy JJ - NEVER.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.55  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

Nope !

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.57  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.54    2 years ago

Would one care for an example just this week?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.58  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.55    2 years ago

See 10.1.47

No need to provide examples of what has never happened.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.59  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.53    2 years ago

Wrong

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.60  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.59    2 years ago

Correct.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.61  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.54    2 years ago

Wrong again

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.62  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.60    2 years ago

Steeerike three!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.63  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.61    2 years ago

Correct as usual.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.64  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.63    2 years ago

Lol .... amazingly sophomoric .... very funny!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.65  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.49    2 years ago
"That seems to be a typical coded response when a liberal gets their ass handed to them."
"Lets us know when you get ready to hand someones ass to them, (first time for everything) so we can brace ourselves."

Yeah I've been waiting for these alleged 'ass handing champions' to hand me mine.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.66  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.64    2 years ago

Yes you are amazingly sophomoric and not at all funny!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.67  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.65    2 years ago

Short memory? Let me help.

Remember this?

275546182_5521381114540181_731242652329532407_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=TvjZf2VuKd4AX8B0SvB&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT9FlOA7xF_hZ90czA7naAwj9t1FXSYDGcpTLf9CdliGdA&oe=622D819A

And subsequently this?

There is a difference between revenue, the total monetary value of all business, and profit. You should know that. On average, the profit is in the 5-7% range. Yep, it is a lot of money, like $174Billion in the first 3 quarters of 2021 between 24 companies but, that means the revenues were $2.9 TRILLION. So if their revenues went up, the profit realized from that revenue bump would also but NOT the way that stupid damned meme would try to convince the sheep. 

It's almost as though it was yesterday..................cuz it was 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.68  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.66    2 years ago

Lol, more empirical evidence .... keep it up ....

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
10.1.69  arkpdx  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.38    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
10.1.71  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.65    2 years ago
Yeah I've been waiting for these alleged 'ass handing champions' to hand me mine.  

Based on so many of your posts you should not have long to wait since it happens several times a day.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.72  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.71    2 years ago

Nope.  Never.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.73  Sparty On  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1.45    2 years ago

X ring ..... spot on target ....

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
10.1.74  arkpdx  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1.27    2 years ago

You are kidding right? 

(And they claim I'm hallucinating)

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
10.1.75  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.66    2 years ago

Looking in a mirror?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
10.1.77  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.28    2 years ago

Seems you are looking in the mirror and responding to yourself. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
10.1.78  arkpdx  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1.27    2 years ago

She should have demanded a recount

I guess you forgot that her surrogates, backed by her and her organization demanded recounts in Wisconsin Michigan Pennsylvania and Florida and wanted a partial recount in Nevada 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11  Texan1211    2 years ago

Did Russia send in troops when Trump was President? Did gas prices set new records? Was inflation a huge problem?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
12  Nerm_L    2 years ago

Yes, Biden inherited the pandemic.  But Biden has created an immigration crisis, exacerbated the supply-chain crisis, contributed to the inflation crisis, created a refugee crisis in Afghanistan, mishandled AUKUS, and certainly contributed to the crisis of a deadlocked Congress.  Joe Biden doesn't have the skills necessary to negotiate and compromise.

Trump would have negotiated with Putin which obviously the left wing of the Democratic Party opposes.  Democrat's want war so have completely rejected diplomacy.  Democrats want to punish Putin and will force Americans to make sacrifices to enforce that punishment rather than try finding a diplomatic compromise with Putin.  Putin put forward points for negotiation before invading Ukraine and those negotiating points have not changed.  Biden refused to negotiate.  Putin is going to pound Ukraine to dust to force Biden to sit at the negotiating table.  Biden doesn't want to negotiate with Putin because Biden does not know how to compromise.  It's Biden's way or the highway.

Yes, Trump would have negotiated with Putin.  And finding a diplomatic compromise would have meant that Putin got something he wanted.  Democrats would obviously be upset if Putin and Russia got something they wanted.  War is preferable to compromise for Democrats.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
12.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Nerm_L @12    2 years ago
Democrat's want war

Democrats need war.  They and Joe are having trouble continue to blame  the bad state of affairs on Trump or covid so they need to pivot peoples attention away from what is going on here in the US.  Biden is also attempting to blame inflation and the high gas prices on the war even though they have both been on the rise since he took office.  I guess his "thinking" is covid is to blame for the first year and war will be to blame the second year, not anything he did.  It shows you just how stupid Biden and the democrats think people are.  More and more people are seeing through the bullshit every day.   

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
12.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Right Down the Center @12.1    2 years ago
Democrats need war.  They and Joe are having trouble continue to blame  the bad state of affairs on Trump or covid so they need to pivot peoples attention away from what is going on here in the US.  Biden is also attempting to blame inflation and the high gas prices on the war even though they have both been on the rise since he took office.  I guess his "thinking" is covid is to blame for the first year and war will be to blame the second year, not anything he did.  It shows you just how stupid Biden and the democrats think people are.  More and more people are seeing through the bullshit every day. 

The bad state of affairs can be attributed to Biden's incapacity to negotiate and compromise.  The unintended consequence of unwillingness to negotiate and compromise means Biden is unable to confront China.  Biden can't isolate China with sanctions because the entire western economy would collapse.  Biden has revealed a major weakness and China is watching.

Biden's inept diplomacy may cause renewed tensions in the Middle East.  Iran has already been economically isolated and Biden is trying to lift sanctions and reestablish agreements negotiated by Obama.  What is Biden going to do if Iran takes advantage of his obvious weakness?  Saudi Arabia has already turned its back to Biden because Saudi Arabia knows it can without serious consequences.  Biden is begging Saudi Arabia for oil which isn't a strong position for negotiation and compromise.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.3  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

You said that already also.  Yawn!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
12.2  Ronin2  replied to  Nerm_L @12    2 years ago

Funny how Biden and left forget all the people they abandoned in Afghanistan to tender mercies of the Taliban, Al Qaeda, ISIS/ISIL, etc. Media won't report on it; and Biden has "Turned the page". 

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Ronin2 @12.2    2 years ago

funny how trumpsters always forget about the kurds...

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  devangelical @12.2.1    2 years ago

as many were slaughtered due to Trump givingbPutin what he wanted while our best allies against ISIS were left to die. And by the way, who initiated our withdrawal and set that date for that ugly pullout again? and who decided itvwas a good idea to not just invade and kill the 911 plotters, but to attempt to win the hearts and minds of people who have proven theri hearts and minds are theri own and will remain just that ?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
12.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @12.2.1    2 years ago

Which faction of Kurds; you know there are three separate factions- two of which are considered terrorist organizations by our own government. Including the one in Syria. 

Also, we had no legal authority from the UN or anyone else to even be in Syria. 

Yes, those Syrian Kurds suffered so greatly. The second we left they jumped to the Syrian government and Russia's side against the rebels we were backing. 

U.S. military support for the People’s Protection Units (YPG), the Syrian branch of the Turkey-based Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), has been an enduring problem for the U.S. relationship with Turkey, one of its historical allies in the Middle East since World War 1. For the last four decades, Turkey has been waging a war on the PKK, a Marxist-separatist guerrilla group designated by both the U.S. and Turkey as a terrorist organization. Since the PKK has deep ties with the YPG, the latter and its political representative the Democratic Union Party (PYD) have also become targets. The United States, however, has supported the YPG because it has been the most effective force on the ground in combating ISIS. Thus far, the U.S. has resisted calls by Turkey to halt its financial and military support for the YPG. 

Those poor, poor, terrorist Syrian Kurds- whatever will they do?/S

Also, not one of them are US citizens, green card holders, or special VISA holders. So you are comparing apples to moon rocks. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  igknorantzrulz @12.2.2    2 years ago
And by the way, who initiated our withdrawal and set that date for that ugly pullout again?

Biden.  Did you forget that he stated the decision was his?

You really need to keep up with what's going on.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12.2.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @12.2.3    2 years ago
Also, we had no legal authority from the UN or anyone else to even be in Syria.

It's odd that the left forgets that we entered into Syria and back to Iraq under their messiah, Obama.  Not too long after he supposedly ended the war in Iraq.

I think somebody should remove this false statement from the Obama WH site.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
12.2.6  Ronin2  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @12.2.5    2 years ago

Most forget that the US War on Terror is not legally sanctioned by the UN Security Council or the UN. When presidents act using the War on Terror powers granted by Congress they can and do still violate international laws. That goes for Bush Jr, Obama, Trump, and now Biden.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
12.2.7  arkpdx  replied to  devangelical @12.2.1    2 years ago

How many of them were American citizens, green card holders or those already old to enter the US?

The people that Biden left behind were all those things. It is funny how the left and Biden  are not concerned about them at all. They also forget the brave Marines and Navy Corpsman that were killed during Budens debacle.  that I guess out of site out of mind. 

LET'S GO BRANDON!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
13  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

If Biden was actually like the moderate he told us he was when he ran we would not be having the conversation we are having today.  Instead the country bought into his big lie as he pulled so far left people in the middle could no longer see him. We have Trump supporters saying "I told you so" and more and more democrats and independents having to deal with buyers remorse.  Even the progressives are becoming less enamored with Biden every day.  A rebuttal by the same party after the SOTU address was unheard of until Joe.  The only people still hanging on to Joe being anything other than a bumbling old worthless incompetent fool are the democrats that refuse to see beyond the point of their nose. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
donald trump" - Google News

John Bolton, who served as President Donald Trump's national security advisor, on Wednesday said that Russian President Vladimir Putin didn't invade Ukraine while Trump was in office because "Putin saw Trump doing a lot of his work for him."

Bolton pointed to Trump's outspoken criticism of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, the military and diplomatic alliance established in the wake of World War II. 

"I think one of the reasons that Putin did not move during Trump's term in office was he saw the president's hostility of NATO. It was widely reported in American media," Bolton said during an   interview   with SiriusXM's Julie Mason. "And to Putin's mind, it's a binary proposition: a weaker NATO is a stronger Russia."

Bolton went on, "Putin saw Trump doing a lot of his work for him, and thought, maybe in a second term, Trump would make good on his desire to get out of NATO, and then it would just ease Putin's path just that much more." 

Trump undermined NATO during his time in office. In 2018, he   privately discussed   withdrawing the United States from the alliance, raising concerns among national security officials. 

Bolton, in   remarks during a virtual event   with The Washington Post on Friday, said that he believes Trump would have withdrawn from NATO if he had won a second term.

"I thought he put his foot over it, but at least he didn't withdraw then," Bolton said. "In a second Trump term, I think he may well have withdrawn from NATO. And I think Putin was waiting for that."

Bolton also   told Vice last week   that he doesn't think the former president would have stopped Putin if the Russian leader had invaded Ukraine while Trump was in office. His comments come as Trump has repeatedly said that Putin would never have invaded Ukraine had he been president and has criticized President Joe Biden over the US response to Russia. 

Bolton served as Trump's national security advisor from 2018 to 2019, when Trump ousted him after the two repeatedly butted heads. Upon leaving the administration, he criticized Trump in his 2020 memoir and detailed several   explosive claims   about the former president, including that he wanted to "give personal favors to dictators he liked."

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
14.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @14    2 years ago

Pretty sick when the TDS driven left is believing the TDS driven Bolton; who they cannot stand- and never have believed before. Guess Trump is the great uniter among the TDS driven.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @14.1    2 years ago

You appear to have TDS something terrible!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
14.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @14.1.1    2 years ago

You had better look up the definition of TDS.

Never mind, you never back up anything.

Urban Dictionary offers up this handy definition : “Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their dislike of Donald Trump, to the point at which they will abandon all logic and reason.”

Justin Raimondo , the editorial director of Antiwar.com,   wrote a piece in the Los Angeles Times in 2016   that broke TDS down into three distinct phases or stages:

1. “In the first stage of the disease, victims lose all sense of proportion. The president-elect’s every tweet provokes a firestorm, as if 140 characters were all it took to change the world.”
  2. “The mid-level stages of TDS have a profound effect on the victim’s vocabulary: Sufferers speak a distinctive language consisting solely of hyperbole.”
  3. “As TDS progresses, the afflicted lose the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality.”

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ronin2 @14.1.2    2 years ago

Perfect! And they say it doesn't exist LOL

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
14.1.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ronin2 @14.1.2    2 years ago

Did it say anything about a cure?  Fortunately it doesn't seem to be claiming any new victims but I do feel sorry for the people that are currently effected.  It seems to totally consume their lives.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
14.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  Right Down the Center @14.1.4    2 years ago

Sorry, no cure. 

Those inflicted with TDS will need to figure out how to cure themselves. Though I fear some might like having it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @14.1    2 years ago

You cant dispute the facts, so you try to fall back on the mythical "TDS". It is air pollution perpetrated on Newstalkers. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1.6    2 years ago

Which is all they have on top of projection, deflection, and denial.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @14.1.2    2 years ago

Yup, the usual projection, deflection, and denial.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @14.1.5    2 years ago

TDS stands for trumpturd dicksucker syndrome

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
14.1.12  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @14.1.11    2 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @14.1.12    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
15  Moose Knuckle    2 years ago

Polling shows even the majority of Democrats believe Russia wouldn't have invaded Ukraine if Trump were president, lol.