╌>

Garland needs to fish or cut bait

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  257 comments

Garland needs to fish or cut bait
“First, I personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant in this matter,” Garland said. “Second, the department does not take such a decision lightly. Where possible, it is standard practice to seek less intrusive means as an alternative to a search, and to narrowly scope any search that is undertaken.”

The link to the above quote: https://cnsnews.com/article/washington/melanie-arter/merrick-garland-i-personally-approved-decision-seek-search-warrant

Biden's Attorney General has been granted a wide ranging warrant that allowed the FBI to seize virtually every document that former President Trump came in contact with throughout his term in office. Garland authorized a raid that would normally be reserved for a dangerous drug lord. The warrant has been made public at the request of both the AG and the former President. The nation needs to know to what ends?

The worst thing Garland could do at this point is to pour over all these documents for months and months. If this political farce has any real meaning, an indictment has to be in our immediate future. We need Garland to charge the former President with something now! Otherwise the left will have pushed this country into a revolution. He will have ruined his own reputation and that of the DOJ. The FBI's reputation has already been destroyed.

The time is now hack.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Time is now the vicious enemy for Garland and the DOJ.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

What are you worried about?  Doesn't Trump own the court of last resort, i.e. the SCOTUS?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 years ago

Projection my friend, will get you nowhere!

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.1.2  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

You know from personal experience? Like every time something happens, flip it around and accuse the other person of doing it.  

Might as well stand on the schoolyard and yell, "Know you are but what am I."

Like DJT.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @1.1.2    2 years ago
Like every time something happens, flip it around and accuse the other person of doing it.  

The MO of the democratic party.

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.1.4  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    2 years ago

I am glad you admit to using the tactic.

It is not particular to either party, it is a disingenuous debate technique with a little hyperbole added in to mislead the gullible. 

Unfortunately,  a third of the voting public is swallowing the arguments of DJT, a known liar and flat out plainly dishonest person in all aspects of being. Why? Certainly not because he tells the truth or is in any way noble or just. These people, God Bless them, are following for all the wrong reasons:  Because he pisses of any group he is aligned against. His supporters see this as a "strength"; He "punches back". We don't need a counter puncher, we need someone who can manage to herd all of the various factions together and actually achieve something. Donald Trump was and is a destroyer, and everything he has touched turns into gilded shit. 

And the people who should not fall for his gross fictions are possibly worse than he. They have sold their souls to Trumpism in the pure and unadulterated quest for power over people.  

So this exposition begs the question: What is in it for you? Just the rush of the keyboard warrior?  Or, are you trying to put someone "back in their place "?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @1.1.4    2 years ago
I am glad you admit to using the tactic.

I don't. this stuff is what the left does. Didn't the media lie for 4 years?

Unfortunately,  a third of the voting public is swallowing the arguments of DJT,

You think so?  Just wait until November.

And the people who should not fall for his gross fictions are possibly worse than he. They have sold their souls to Trumpism in the pure and unadulterated quest for power over people.  

The only rotten souls I see, were those who burned cities in 2020.

So this exposition begs the question: What is in it for you? Just the rush of the keyboard warrior?  Or, are you trying to put someone "back in their place "?

Eliminating an evil ideology.

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.1.7  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    2 years ago

Hee-hee, like

I don't. this stuff is what the left does. Didn't the media lie for 4 years?

Sorry. Only one sentence in and you are doing exactly what I said. 

Like every time something happens, flip it around and accuse the other person of doing it.  

By the way, no, the media did not lie for 4 years. Which media? Where? Your broadside attack against "the media " is useless except for the bobble heads. It is a sweeping generalization designed to get people to agree with your premise without thinking too hard about it and at the same time discount all that "media " whomever that may be, may generate.  This is a common fascist tactic, designed to build distrust in the generalized media at large so that,instead, the people will listen to some big mouth  talking head. 

You think so?  Just wait until November.

You think so? Just wait until the indictment. 

The only rotten souls I see, were those who burned cities in 2020.

More over the top bullshit rhetoric. Name one city that burnt. No cities burnt.  But your conflation and exaggeration do lead nicely to your last statement 

Eliminating an evil ideology.

Are our readers astute enough to connect the dots? I wonder. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.8  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

I hope that means that you recognize that your seed garners the same result. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

garland is going to be cutting some bait all right. media shark bait. trump chum...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 years ago
garland is going to be cutting some bait all right. media shark bait. trump chum...

Oh, damn....................AGAIN???????????????

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

299803478_566984015111513_6485857631965404253_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=QLskEhu0kPoAX_qv5jK&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT8uia-pzFPTjHw-5-xX8PdM3xkqMbmFRrIlvfhTJk48Ag&oe=6301641F

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

FZrkbyyX0AElHh-?format=jpg&name=small

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

Without question one of the most disingenuous statements ever made by a member of Congress.  McCarthy will go down in history as a totally corrupt and EVIL un-American political scam artist of the lowest order.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @2.1    2 years ago
Without question one of the most disingenuous statements ever made by a member of Congress. 

Really?

How about this:

"Speaking to a crowd on the Supreme Court steps, the leading Senate Democrat declared: “I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price.” He meant Neil Gorsuch  and  Brett Kavanaugh , the newest Justices who were appointed by President Trump."

Or this:

“Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere. We’ve got to get the children connected to their parents,” Waters said at the Wilshire Federal Building,  according to video of the event .

Or This

"There’s, you know, there’s a kind of a calming feeling, I always tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence, in many ways, had been wiped out. . . . I mean, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time.

I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that [safe haven], in many ways. But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away, right? And it was forced on them. And so, when I think about one-state, I think about the fact that, why couldn’t we do it in a better way?"

Or These:

"In 2007, he referred to Barack Obama   as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.”

"In 2006,   he said , “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

"Way back in 1977,   he said   that forced busing to desegregate schools would cause his children to “grow up in a racial jungle.”

Evidently, you don't know what EVIL is.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    2 years ago

Evidently, you support McCarthy's EVIL rant.

Anyone who supports fascism (see the NT archives) has no business lecturing someone else about what is evil.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Gsquared @2.1.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.3    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    2 years ago

Those can not ever be considered anything except for Gospel for some on the [left--Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.5    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.6    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

That from the guy who said:

'I have had it with this guy' and then went to Mar-a logo to kiss his ring. 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

299790657_10227927509834605_6545847771205509891_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=hYR6Q03dgTsAX8LrSuU&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_UxMQUzOS-Cz9nMeKZtkJS5t73W4VUM9JiZeA_MKmPdg&oe=6300DCCC

Thomas
Senior Guide
3  Thomas    2 years ago

What a bunch of bluster.  

Are you feeling OK? You are leaving out punctuation marks and sounding a bit stressed. 

I would counsel patience while awaiting something to come of this. In the end,  someone will be left holding the bag

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @3    2 years ago

That's all I can expect from some here.

It's so sad.

Thomas
Senior Guide
3.1.1  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

Sad?  I am not sad,by any permutation of the word. 

I am feeling benevolent today. Why do you presume that the DOJ needs to produce anything at a time certain?  Are you trying to make them rush so they will mess up? Everyone who is aware of what is playing out is slightly aroused, interest wise, in just what the eventual outcome will be. 

In my dreams I see him parading around prison in a pink tutu with a ballgag in, but then I wake up and realize that is just not going to happen. All the chants of "Lock her up!" Just might come around in a grand way, the ultimate karmic fulfillment.

So we all wait. You really ought to watch the video.  It is quite humorous. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Thomas @3.1.1    2 years ago
Why do you presume that the DOJ needs to produce anything at a time certain? 

Android-Panic-Button.jpg

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.2    2 years ago

Because the American people want to know if this ill timed media event is a national emergency  (after 18 months),  or a political  stunt 

Awaiting the bombshell revelations. Shouldn't take long to go through 15 boxes of stuff.

Time for Merrick to show and tell..

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.3    2 years ago
Because the American people want to know if this ill timed media event is a national emergency  (after 18 months),  or a political  stunt 

If there truly were nuclear weapons or documents, even Biden and Garland, as dumb as they are, wouldn't have waited 18 months.

So, it's just another political stunt - Bogus Steele Dossier, Russia Hoax, 2 clown show "impeachments", and the J6 assclown reality show all failed.  

Check out the first paragraph of this CNN joke of an article. Where's the new :"urgency", since Trump had been cooperating with the DoJ/FBI every time they asked - as recently as June 2022? 

A report that FBI agents searched for classified documents  related to nuclear weapons  at  Donald Trump's  Florida resort could explain the urgency of the unprecedented operation at the home of an ex-President and takes   his showdown  with the Justice Department to a grave new level.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Thomas @3    2 years ago

It's desperation time for MAGA. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    2 years ago

I'd say it's just the opposite.

Garland has to produce

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    2 years ago
It's desperation time for MAGA. 

Gee, like we haven't seen similar claims nearly daily for the last 6 years from you.

Ho hum.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Does anyone have the answer?

Anyone out there?

The FBI raided the former President's home as if it belonged to Caro Quintero. The AG said he took top secret documents.

WHERE IS THE INDICTMENT?

Maybe someone in the back knows?

Anyone?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 years ago

Trump is a clown, a moron, and an asshole. Three strikes and you're out. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago

Still not an indictment.

Anyone?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago

The dopey and dumb Dems can't even get the ball over the plate.

This is another home run for Trump

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.3  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago

None of which is a crime. [deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.4  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago

Your opinion on Trump is worthless.    

Absolutely worthless.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.2    2 years ago

Yup, once again Trump will likely own the hapless, TDS ridden liberal establishment.

Funny!

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.7  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @4.1.4    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 years ago

The wheels of justice turn slowly. I seriously doubt if the DOJ or Garland gives a rat's ass what you think or demand. 

If there is sufficient evidence of a crime they will indict if not they won't, it's that simple.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.1  Snuffy  replied to  Kavika @4.2    2 years ago

I don't believe they can afford to go that slowly.  IMO they only have until Jan 3rd, 2023 to indict Trump or they risk having a Republican majority House take up all sorts of investigations.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @4.2    2 years ago

pffft, these demands of judicial expediency coming from the same [Deleted] that took 5 years and 8 investigations to come up with nothing on benghazi.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @4.2    2 years ago
The wheels of justice

Justice?

We haven't seen any justice from those on the left.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.3    2 years ago

In your opinion which means nothing.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @4.2.4    2 years ago

Actually it's a fact and I presented them

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.6  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.3    2 years ago

'the left' ... 'the right' ....  I am so sick of this 'the left' ... 'the right' ... us vs. them crap.

If Garland indicts Trump will you consider that moving in the right direction for justice?   Or will you see it as a travesty?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.6    2 years ago
If Garland indicts Trump will you consider that moving in the right direction for justice? 

It may very well be justice. One of the problems is that you have an administration going after an opposition candidate. If one is unbiased they would clearly see that. The issue to me is not whether Trump committed a crime and is prosecuted, but the politics. They just raided his home a week ago in a manner that only drug lords deserve. If they have any integrity at all there should quickly be an indictment, otherwise this is politics at its worst.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.8  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.7    2 years ago
The issue to me is not whether Trump committed a crime and is prosecuted, but the politics.

The issue for me is truth and justice and NOT the politics.   

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.8    2 years ago

No TiG, the issue for you is obviously getting Trump.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.10  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.9    2 years ago
No TiG, the issue for you is obviously getting Trump.

Cease your incessant presumption of my inner thoughts.   It is obnoxious and you have a crappy track record.

The issue for me is truth and justice.   Trump clearly has engaged in acts that were wrong and he should be held accountable.   See, Vic, you could make your stupid claim about any person who has engaged in wrong-doing.    Take Hillary SoS emails as an example.   You would argue that she should be brought to justice (as would I, the allegations were serious and national security was allegedly compromised) but someone could use 'Vic-logic' and accuse you of just wanting to 'get Hillary'.

The logic you use is flawed.   My way of operating is not 'must get Trump; accept only bad information and reject all good information'.   It is the opposite.   Based on the evidence (and it is substantial) Trump should be brought to justice.

Instead of objectively dealing with the facts, I see you constantly defending Trump.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.10    2 years ago
 Trump clearly has engaged in acts that were wrong and he should be held accountable. 

Here's the problem TiG:  We heard that for 5 years. I refer you to the title of the article.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.12  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.10    2 years ago
Trump clearly has engaged in acts that were wrong and he should be held accountable. 

This is why Vic is right.

You don't know if he engaged in any crimes, just speculation and trigger words from the J6 that many on here take as gospel.

Oh, and don't forget. Most leftists hate him because he beat Hillary and sent mean tweets.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.13  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.7    2 years ago
have an administration going after an opposition candidate

for what office has trump announced his candidacy?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4.2.13    2 years ago
for what office has trump announced his candidacy?

None, but that hasn't seemed to stop some leftists from claiming otherwise, of course.

When it is convenient for them.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.15  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.10    2 years ago
The issue for me is truth and justice.   Trump clearly has engaged in acts that were wrong and he should be held accountable.

Please present your evidence which irrefutably proves that your issue is "truth and justice" and that "Trump clearly has engaged in acts that were wrong".

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.16  Jasper2529  replied to  bugsy @4.2.12    2 years ago

Nailed it.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.17  JBB  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.2.15    2 years ago

That's like saying, "Please present your irrefutable evidence that you have quit torturing puppies and sexually abusing orphans".

Can't, can you? 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.18  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @4.2.17    2 years ago

I used TiG's own comments to make my point. Since neither he nor I have made even one comment about torturing puppies or sexually abusing orphans, your comment is off topic and beyond ridiculous.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.20  Jasper2529  replied to  dennis smith @4.2.19    2 years ago
Apples and oranges attempted comparison.

Merely another attempt to defend the indefensible.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.21  bugsy  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.2.20    2 years ago
[deleted]

Thomas
Senior Guide
4.2.22  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.11    2 years ago

So why are the Trump Fascists on here trying to defend the bastard? I mean, how many thousand times do you have to hear the truth before it sinks into the skull?

I think all y'all are just waking up to the fact that Trump is actually a bad person. [Deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.23  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.2.15    2 years ago
Please present your evidence which irrefutably proves that your issue is "truth and justice" ...

You want me to prove that my position is that truth and justice should prevail and not partisan politics?   Okay, I am the single best authority on the planet for the positions I hold and I have stated that my position is truth and justice over partisan politics.

Don't be ridiculous Jasper.

... and that "Trump clearly has engaged in acts that were wrong".

Do you hold that Trump was NOT wrong when he:

• attempted to suborn his V.P. to table certified votes from select states?
  • attempted to get Speaker Bowers to submit an alternate set of electors for AZ?
  • attempted to coerce (with threats) SoS Raffensperger to find him 11,000+ votes?
  • refused to step in to stop the insurrection after being repeatedly informed and after please from advisors, family and 'friends'?
  • tweeted that Pence let them down during the insurrection?
  • lied to the world that the election was stolen, that the US electoral system is rigged, that Biden is an illegitimate PotUS?

What must Trump do for you to recognize a wrong act?   

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.24  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.2.18    2 years ago
I used TiG's own comments to make my point.

And I just refuted your point @4.2.23

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.25  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @4.2.12    2 years ago
You don't know if he engaged in any crimes, just speculation and trigger words from the J6 that many on here take as gospel.

Learn to follow context rather than cherrypick a sentence and run with it. 

Vic claimed that I am just out to get Trump.   My comment, in that context, was that I am not out to simply 'get Trump'.   The quote is me saying that Trump clearly has engaged in wrong acts and should be held accountable.   That means this is not about Trump but rather what he has done.   Put any other individual in this scenario and I would make the same statement.

The context is about Trump in general.   I have made no allegation that Trump did anything wrong with respect to holding documents.    The closest I have come to that specific point is to note that he is alleged to have been holding documents of the highest level of classification in his home.

Now, if that turns out to be true I will absolutely state that this is wrong.   Why?   Because documents at the highest level of classification should never be in a private residence but rather in a secured government facility.   National security and all that.

Also, if we have declassified documents that are still relevant such as current nuclear warhead locations, etc. and Trump declassified same, then I would hold that his declassification was wrong because that information in the hands of an enemy compromises national security.

If it turns out that these documents were declassified (meaning that these documents appear on an official list of declassified documents and thus were officially declassified) and the declassification was sensible (e.g. declassifying WWII submarine engineering specifications rather than planned scenarios in case of a nuclear attack, etc.) then it would not be true that he was holding such documents.   In which case, I do not see justification for search and seizure.

We need more information to determine who is more wrong on this specific case.

We have plenty of information, however, to determine that Trump has indeed committed wrong acts as PotUS and that truth and justice should prevail.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.26  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.11    2 years ago
Here's the problem TiG:  We heard that for 5 years. I refer you to the title of the article.

Do you hold that Trump, only during his presidency even, has NOT engaged in acts that were wrong???

see @4.2.23

Tell me that none of these are wrong acts.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.27  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.26    2 years ago
Do you hold that Trump, only during his presidency even, has NOT engaged in acts that were wrong???

Yes.

Tell me that none of these are wrong acts.

They are wrong. Just as wrong as sham FBI investigations, serious misconduct by the FBI, a national media that misled and even lied to us and a political party that has tried to weaponize the law against it's political opponents. That's why I'm much more concerned about the political component to this. I am quite certain that if Donald Trump broke the law, he will not only be punished, but he will be punished to the absolute full extent of the law. That is not the issue here. What happened this past Monday has changed America

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.28  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.25    2 years ago
The quote is me saying that Trump clearly has engaged in wrong acts and should be held accountable.

Again, only speculation and trigger words from the J6 committee.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.29  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.2.15    2 years ago
Please present your evidence which irrefutably proves that your issue is "truth and justice" and that "Trump clearly has engaged in acts that were wrong".

How many fucking times are people supposed to do that for you? Enough is enough. Lets just stipulate that MAGA is not interested in either truth or evidence and be done with it. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.30  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @4.2.28    2 years ago

What part of my comment do you find wrong and why is it wrong?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.31  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.29    2 years ago
How many fucking times are people supposed to do that for you?

It just is amazing watching Trump supporters deny the undeniable.   Do they think that mere 'nuh uh' is going to cause rational people to conclude that Trump really has done nothing wrong??

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.32  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.27    2 years ago
Yes [I hold that Trump, only during his presidency even, has NOT engaged in acts that were wrong]

... followed by ...

They are wrong.

Make up your mind Vic.   Wrong or not wrong.    For example, was it wrong from Trump to try to suborn Pence to commit an unconstitutional act?   Yes or no.

What happened this past Monday has changed America

You presume the FBI was wrong.   We do not yet know if that is true or false.   Based on Trump's history, common sense would expect that Trump is more likely to be wrong than the DoJ / FBI.    Stay tuned and attempt to follow the facts to where they lead.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.33  JBB  replied to  dennis smith @4.2.19    2 years ago

Okay then, please provide your irrefutable evidence that Trump has not been engaging in espionage for his own personal gain...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.34  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4.2.33    2 years ago
Okay then, please provide your irrefutable evidence that Trump has not been engaging in espionage for his own personal gain.

Why bother?

You have been asked repeatedly for proof of your bizarre claims, and never provided one single shred of evidence.

Why demand from others what you aren't willing to provide yourself?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.35  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.23    2 years ago

Your distortion of my comment is duly noted. I have nothing further to say to you.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.36  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.2.35    2 years ago

I quoted you and addressed what you wrote.   

You tried to apply my comment strictly to the search & seizure when I was speaking in general.   I explained that to you in clear terms and with details.   

Sorry to spoil your feeble gotcha attempt.      800

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 years ago
WHERE IS THE INDICTMENT?

You can ask members of a social media forum that question until your fingers go raw, but nobody here has inside information on the timetable and inner workings of the DoJ.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3    2 years ago

The manner in which the FBI raided a former President's home requires an indictment in a timely fashion.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.2  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.1    2 years ago

Your personal sense of timing is not relevant.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.2    2 years ago

Do you really think this looks good, TiG?   

It only plays well in Leftist Lala land. I know you and others here can't feel it but the nation is outraged.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.4  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.3    2 years ago
Do you really think this looks good, TiG?   

A raid on a former PotUS' home is never going to be good optics.    That is why common sense suggests that there is a very good reason for Garland and Wray to make this move.   We have to wait and see.   If it turns out that they simply decided to fuck with Trump then yes it would be a brain-dead stupid move on their part to do this.   If, however, Trump was stonewalling (pretending to cooperate when in fact he was not) then given the level of importance of some of these documents being held at a private residence, national security was compromised.

But we can only speculate.   Remember that.

I know you and others here can't feel it but the nation is outraged.

Don't go personal;  you do not know what I and others are thinking and sensing.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.3.5  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.3    2 years ago

Of course the nation is outraged. How a former president could run so far afoul of the law is appalling ! Taking top secret documents from the White House to his personal residence. What are the possible motives for this ?!?!?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.6  TᵢG  replied to  pat wilson @4.3.5    2 years ago
What are the possible motives for this ?!?!?

Indeed.

And what really concerns me is that our security protocols allowed this to happen.   

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.4    2 years ago
That is why common sense suggests that there is a very good reason for Garland and Wray to make this move.   We have to wait and see. 

No TiG, past history is causing people to smell yet another rat. Four years of bombshells that turned out to be lies. Four years of needlessly raiding harmless individuals just like this obvious stunt of needlessly staging an excessive raid on the former President's home.  You are on board with that?

I can assure you TiG that the pendulum will swing the other way before we know it. It will be Robespierre facing the blade, Napoleon will be on a white horse again and it will be my turn to smirk and say "life is unjust."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @4.3.5    2 years ago
What are the possible motives for this ?!?!?

For what?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.6    2 years ago
And what really concerns me is that our security protocols allowed this to happen. 

It didn't concern you when Hillary did it or when the IG said the information she had was probably compromised.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.3.10  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.8    2 years ago

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.3.11  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.9    2 years ago

Reminder: Hillary destroyed over 30,000 emails/documents after receiving subpoenas to produce them. But, she was "only" Sec of State ... not the president ... so I suppose that made it legit. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.3.11    2 years ago

And the FBI gave immunity to the guy who destroyed it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.13  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.7    2 years ago
You are on board with that.

Did you read my comment?   Here, Vic, read this:

TiG @4.3.4If it turns out that they simply decided to fuck with Trump then yes it would be a brain-dead stupid move on their part to do this. 

Does this sound like someone who supports malicious abuse of power or supports idiotic moves for purely partisan/emotional purposes?

I can assure TiG that the pendulum will swing the other way before we know it.

Does it ever cross your mind that Trump might be at fault or do you simply presume Trump is innocent and all these meanies are just out to get him?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.14  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.9    2 years ago
It didn't concern you when Hillary did it or when the IG said the information she had was probably compromised.

It did not?   What makes you think that I support anyone compromising the security of our nation?    Besides that, are you under some bizarre fantasy that I am a Hillary supporter??

Buy a vowel Vic.   And stop with the incessant presumption.   You do not know what you are talking about here.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.13    2 years ago
Does this sound like someone who supports malicious abuse of power or supports idiotic moves for purely partisan/emotional purposes?

It would have sounded a lot better if you said they should be held accountable. Therefore, let me ask the question now. Suppose they are only on a fishing expedition and come up with nothing. What should be done with Garland in that case?

Does it ever cross your mind that Trump might be at fault or do you simply presume Trump is innocent and all these meanies are just out to get him?

Sure he could be at fault. I looking at the way this is being handled. I think most people would agree that the DOJ was wrong to conduct that raid

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.14    2 years ago
You do not know what you are talking about here.

Oh but I do. You had ample opportunity to say it. She walked btw.

The FBI will NEVER live that down.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.17  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.15    2 years ago
It would have sounded a lot better if you said they should be held accountable.

Think, Vic.   If I call their hypothesized acts "brain-dead stupid move" what in your mind causes you to presume that I would not hold them accountable?   

Suppose they are only on a fishing expedition and come up with nothing. What should be done with Garland in that case?

Then they made a "brain-dead stupid move" and should suffer the consequences.    But clearly, you know this right, they did not come up with nothing.   They have top security classified documents (SCI level) that are NEVER to be outside of a government secured facility.   You know that, right?

I think most people would agree that the DOJ was wrong to conduct that raid

How can you know this without the facts?   

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.18  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.16    2 years ago
Oh but I do. You had ample opportunity to say it.

That is then delusional.  You pretend that I never stated or implied that Hillary using unsecured email for SoS business was wrong?  It is obviously wrong; it obviously compromises national security.   Prove your bullshit allegation.

Further, show me where I have ever defended Hillary's use of unsecured email for SoS business.

Best to not make shit up, Vic.    Harms credibility.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.19  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.17    2 years ago
But clearly, you know this right, they did not come up with nothing.   They have top security classified documents (SCI level) that are NEVER to be outside of a government secured facility.   You know that, right?

There is such a thing as malicious prosecution. You don't launch investigations to find something and you don't slander people in the process. That raid demands an indictment and a conviction, otherwise Garland must be impeached and indicted.

How can you know this without the facts?  

What would justify such a raid?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.20  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.19    2 years ago
There is such a thing as malicious prosecution.

Of course there is.   And all you are doing is claiming that this is what is taking place here.   You have no supporting facts. 

What would justify such a raid?

I offered you an example:

TiG@4.3.4If, however, Trump was stonewalling (pretending to cooperate when in fact he was not) then given the level of importance of some of these documents being held at a private residence, national security was compromised.

If you are going to ask questions then at least read the answers.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.21  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.18    2 years ago
Further, show me where I have ever defended Hillary's use of unsecured email for SoS business.

You don't have to go so far as to defend her, you merely need to remain silent. Here you can prove me wrong:

Did Hillary do exactly what Trump has been accused of?

Did the FBI let her walk?

Go ahead, TiG and then I'll give you credit.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.22  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.20    2 years ago
And all you are doing is claiming that this is what is taking place here.   You have no supporting facts. 

NOWHERE DID I CLAIM THAT! 

I am simply telling you that if this turns out to be another false investigation, there must be consequences, as opposed to just saying "oh well, they fucked up." 

I offered you an example:

TiG@4.3.4 ☞ If, however, Trump was stonewalling (pretending to cooperate when in fact he was not) then given the level of importance of some of these documents being held at a private residence, national security was compromised.

If you are going to ask questions then at least read the answers.

It can't be that. Do you know why?  The warrant was issued on a Friday. The raid didn't take place until Monday. If it was an urgent matter of National Security, the raid would have been on the same Friday that the warrant was issued.

So, again, what could justify this scandalous raid?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.3.23  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.17    2 years ago
... they did not come up with nothing.   They have top security classified documents (SCI level) that are NEVER to be outside of a government secured facility.

That's what left-wing politicians, their complicit MSM, and readers continue to parrot. We mere mortals do not know if Trump declassified these documents prior to leaving office, which, as POTUS, he had a right to do.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.24  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.21    2 years ago
Did Hillary do exactly what Trump has been accused of?

No.  Hillary did not have access to SCI level documents (based on what was revealed).     Here is a summary of an article comparing the two (I presented this elsewhere already):

• The National Archives in February said it had recovered 15 boxes of presidential records that former President Donald Trump had taken to his home in Mar-a-Lago. This was a breach of the Presidential Records Act.

• Some of the documents were marked classified national security.

• Hillary Clinton used a private email address for exchanges with her State Department staff. In three instances, email chains included information with ambiguous classification markings.

Trump was holding the highest level classification document at his home.   Hillary violated security protocols by using a private email server and it is logical that this level of classified documents were resident there.   Big difference.

Did the FBI let her walk?

Yes.   Did you miss the fact that she was never prosecuted?    What is the point of asking a stupid question?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.25  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.24    2 years ago
What is the point of asking a stupid question?

It wasn't stupid. It was to the point.

Thanks for telling us exactly what you believe.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.26  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.22    2 years ago
I am simply telling you that if this turns out to be another false investigation, there must be consequences, as opposed to just saying "oh well, they fucked up." 

No kidding?    So what do you think my answer was?

If it was an urgent matter of National Security, the raid would have been on the same Friday that the warrant was issued.

Again, your sense of timing is irrelevant.   You have no knowledge of the inner workings here and simply engage in conspiracy theory.

So, again, what could justify this scandalous raid?

Again, the DoJ and FBI likely had great information that national security was at risk and, after failing to secure the documents through Trump voluntarily releasing them, they acted.   That is speculation, of course, but it is substantially more sensible than your utterly stupid speculation that the DoJ would unnecessarily raid the home of a former PotUS since that would eventually be made public with only negative consequences for them and positive for Trump.

Think.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.3.27  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.22    2 years ago
It can't be that. Do you know why?  The warrant was issued on a Friday. The raid didn't take place until Monday. If it was an urgent matter of National Security, the raid would have been on the same Friday that the warrant was issued.

Even worse is that the FBI was at MaL in June 2022, and Trump complied with everything they requested, even putting an extra lock on the door. IF Trump had taken nuclear codes and other materials, why did the DoJ and FBI wait until August to flamboyantly raid the premises by air, land, and water? Did they think that a gardener or maid would stick top secret papers in their pants? Oh, wait ... that was Bill Clinton's National Security Advisor, Sandy Berger.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.28  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.3.23    2 years ago
That's what left-wing politicians, their complicit MSM, and readers continue to parrot. We mere mortals do not know if Trump declassified these documents prior to leaving office, which, as POTUS, he had a right to do.

There is a procedure for declassification and that involves documenting each artifact that is declassified.    It should be easy to get this document if it was created.   If not, then the declassification is not in effect.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.29  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.25    2 years ago
It wasn't stupid. It was to the point.

It was stupid because it is common knowledge that Hillary was not prosecuted.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.3.30  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.28    2 years ago
There is a procedure for declassification and that involves documenting each artifact that is declassified.

I'm glad you know this. 

It should be easy to get this document if it was created.   If not, then the declassification is not in effect.

Neither you nor I know how "easy" this process is, so it's ridiculous for politicians, the press, and you to speculate. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.3.31  Snuffy  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.3.30    2 years ago
There is a procedure for declassification and that involves documenting each artifact that is declassified.
I'm glad you know this. 
It should be easy to get this document if it was created.   If not, then the declassification is not in effect.
Neither you nor I know how "easy" this process is, so it's ridiculous for politicians, the press, and you to speculate. 

There is also a big difference in how the Navy can declassify a document vs how the President can declassify a document.  

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.3.32  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.22    2 years ago
scandalous raid

There's the reactionary propaganda.

The scandal is the theft of top secret classified documents by trump, but the reactionaries want to pretend that a lawfully executed search warrant is a scandal.  What a load of crap.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.3.33  Jasper2529  replied to  Snuffy @4.3.31    2 years ago
There is also a big difference in how the Navy can declassify a document vs how the President can declassify a document.  

Indeed, there is. I don't know why the Navy got mixed into the topic, but OK.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.3.34  afrayedknot  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.3.33    2 years ago

“…why the Navy got mixed into the topic…”

…sinking ships?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.3.35  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.3    2 years ago
the nation is outraged

... about a former President stealing highly classified top secret documents.

Which of America's enemies do you think he sold copies of them to?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.3.36  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.2    2 years ago
Your personal sense of timing is not relevant.

Why is it less relevant than anyone else's?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.39  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.3.30    2 years ago

It hardly rises to the level of speculation to expect that the US government is able to locate the document which registers documents that the PotUS has declassified.

Do you think they put this on post-it notes?   

NOT being able to locate this document would be a very unexpected situation.   Locating it easily is exactly what one would expect.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.3.40  pat wilson  replied to  dennis smith @4.3.38    2 years ago

If you're suggesting I assumed trump was guilty, yep, I sure did.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.3.41  pat wilson  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.39    2 years ago
Do you think they put this on post-it notes?   

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.42  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.3    2 years ago
the nation is outraged.

Baloney.  MAGA nation maybe, which is a minority of the American people. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.43  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.3.36    2 years ago
Why is it less relevant than anyone else's?

The personal sense of timing of people outside of the loop is not relevant.

See?

Nobody can ascertain proper timing without knowing what is going on and last time I checked nobody on this forum has special insight into the inner workings of the DoJ / FBI.

Now if Vic were to persuade us otherwise I will retract my comment.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.45  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.3.27    2 years ago

That's part of why this whole thing smells like 3 day old fish. We had an atrocious raid on a former President's home Monday. It is now almost a week later. The warrant has been released, yet we still have few details. It is now Sunday morning and Fox News is reporting that there may have been documents seized that were part of attorney/client privilege. Every day that goes by without either an indictment or a very detailed explanation will lead rational people to the conclusion that this is yet another fishing expedition.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.46  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.42    2 years ago

No John, it is the progressives who are in the minority.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.47  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  dennis smith @4.3.37    2 years ago

It's would be hard to incentivize Republicans and Independents any more than they already are.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.48  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @4.3.35    2 years ago
about a former President stealing highly classified top secret documents.

He stole highly classified top secret documents?   That seems fairly straightforward. A DC jury would convict. Where's the indictment?

Which of America's enemies do you think he sold copies of them to?

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.49  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.3.23    2 years ago

There are still very few details.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.50  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.49    2 years ago
There are still very few details.

It doesn't matter. Most leftists on here have been given their marching orders and told what to believe.

They follow orders well.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.3.51  Snuffy  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.3.33    2 years ago
Indeed, there is. I don't know why the Navy got mixed into the topic, but OK.

I used the Navy as an example but it could have been any government agency.  It was just used to illustrate that the process is different between a sitting president and any government agency.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.52  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.3.27    2 years ago
... that was Bill Clinton's National Security Advisor, Sandy Berger.

So you recognize that there is a potential criminal offense here with Trump.

IF Trump had taken nuclear codes and other materials, why did the DoJ and FBI wait until August to flamboyantly raid the premises by air, land, and water?

Great question.   We need to stay tuned for the facts.   In the meantime, we can ponder why the DoJ would authorize a politically sensitive, historical search & seizure of a former PotUS' residence without certainty that they would secure documents that would justify the act.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.53  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @4.3.50    2 years ago
They follow orders well.

It is ironic observing such a comment given the absurd defense of Trump by his supporters — especially concerning the Big Lie;  defending the indefensible with fact-starved, irrational arguments and mere denial.

Follow the facts; do not deny facts that are uncomfortable.   When the facts run out, identify possibilities and then wait for facts to determine which possibility is likely true.

In this case, we know that Trump was holding SCI level documents in his private residence.   We do not know if these documents were declassified (officially is implied).   We do, however, know that even if Trump formally declassified these documents, if any of them contain active secrets (e.g. locations of nuclear weapons) then it would be WRONG to have such information of national security importance stored in Trump's residence rather than at a secure government facility designed to protect such information.

So let's see what facts emerge to answer our questions.

• It is possible that Trump did no wrong and that all the documents he held were properly declassified and none of them compromised national security by being held in a private residence.
  • It is possible that Trump did wrong and was holding classified documents compromising national security that were either NOT declared by his legal team as on site or were declared but Trump was not cooperating to release them to a secure location.

We do not yet know the specifics.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.54  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.53    2 years ago

ABC News has confirmed that back in June, following an FBI visit to Maralago to retrieve the documents, one of Trumps lawyers signed a form indicating that ALL classified documents had now been removed from Maralgo.  Since then , obviously, the FBI and DOJ received information that the lawyer for Trump was either wrong or lying. 

Clearly the "raid" was justified under those circumstances.  People need to get a grip on reality for a change. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.55  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.45    2 years ago
We had an atrocious raid on a former President's home Monday.

How do you know this search & seizure was unwarranted?

Every day that goes by without either an indictment or a very detailed explanation will lead rational people to the conclusion that this is yet another fishing expedition.

In lieu of facts, apply common sense.   Your hypothesis is that the DoJ/FBI, for the first time in US history, decided to put on a political show by raiding the private residence of a former PotUS.   And, apparently, your hypothesis is that the DoJ/FBI did this for some political advantage or just to be mean to Trump.  

How is it that you think Garland, et. al. would find this historic act to be advantageous IF IT WAS NOT WARRANTED?   Makes no sense at the onset.   A rational mind would conclude that they were convinced that this was a necessary step.    So now we need to see if they were in err.   Did the engage in a search & seizure that was unnecessary/unwarranted or not?   We do not yet know.   So 'atrocious' is a premature declaration.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.3.56  igknorantzrulz  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.52    2 years ago
So you recognize that there is a potential criminal offense here with Trump.

They apparently disguised any and all potential crimes when it comes to Trump, cause my advice would be, run him over with that bus he enjoys, in the end, running over any and all with. Cause the Mass Shooter of Fifth Avenue, ALWAYS TAKES THE FIFTH 

avenue ROOT of all Evil, be it NOT ANSwERING under oath due to incriminating EVERYONE BUT HIM selfless worthlessness, that He invested heavily inn, as he stays, and it accrues daily, while his supporters have not interest, for their investment bought Trump's Bust, at a charity event where Trumps charity bought Trumps bust, and it is the best bust bucks could ever buy pass on the torn rotator in cuffs shouldering the burden for NO ONE, but him self checked out, in the mirror, he can't imagine facing, as he shoots his supporters in the back on 5th Avenue, and neever loses back support, while being up front about, behind him, are only asses, taken on the 5th Avenue Lowered Barr and all others bazaar that allowed this creep to rapidly take over a Republican Party that allowed Trump to get away with it all, for never calling Trump out, irregardless of how big , or how small, and the end result was Trump , because Trump could do anything, without being called out on anything,"thinking' he could do ANYTHING, without being called out on it, because HE COULD. Trump the treasonous train wreck of a travesty tarnishing so much, ALL BECAUSE OF THE GUTLESS PUSSIES, HE GRABBED, AND THEY ALLOWED! The Republican Party is PATHETIC, and NO ONE, will ever convince me that THEY, the GOP, are NOT the reason this CULT LEADER was allowed , because they were NOT ALOUD, and now we ALL SUFFER the consequences, of those who placed party, above US All

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.57  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.54    2 years ago
Clearly the "raid" was justified under those circumstances.

The search & seizure would be justified if Trump was not cooperating with the FBI and if the documents of question (especially the SCI level) were not formally declassified.

We do not know if Trump was cooperating or not.    We do not know if the SCI level documents were formally declassified or not.   

However we do know that searching the private residence of a former PotUS for the first time in US history is something that Garland, et.al. would not do without high confidence that it was necessary and that it would secure documents that would warrant the act.    It takes no great insight to recognize the political and career ramifications of such a visible and historic act failing to be justified by the results.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.58  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bugsy @4.3.50    2 years ago

Never let a teacher or professor tell you what to think.

That's the moral of the story.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.59  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.57    2 years ago
The search & seizure would be justified if Trump was not cooperating with the FBI and if the documents of question (especially the SCI level) were not formally declassified.

I disagree to this extent. The fact that Trumps lawyer signed off on the "fact" that all classified documents had been removed during the June visit, which turned out not to be true, is reason enough to go back there and look for more documents. The "informer" who told the FBI that not all classified material had been removed in June set off the red flags and led to the raid. And rightfully so. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.60  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.59    2 years ago

What if all the documents seized were formally declassified?    If declassified then there would be a record of the declassification.   If no record, no declassification.

We have yet to get confirmation that the SCI-level documents were still officially classified.   That is an important part of this equation.

For example, if this reporting is correct:

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation  

Then Trump has serious problems and will likely be indicted.

But this reporting can only be taken as reporting and not yet as fact.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.61  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.58    2 years ago

Follow the facts to the conclusion, not the other way around.   That is the moral of the story.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.62  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.55    2 years ago
How do you know this search & seizure was unwarranted?

The manner of the raid certainly was. How about the reason. Have you read the warrant? It says that if a single document had any kind of classification, that document and anything with it could be seized. How does that strike your sense of fair play?

Your hypothesis is that the DoJ/FBI, for the first time in US history, decided to put on a political show by raiding the private residence of a former PotUS.   And, apparently, your hypothesis is that the DoJ/FBI did this for some political advantage or just to be mean to Trump.  

Based on the recent history of democrats investigating Trump, we have to assume the worst until the facts prove otherwise. I waiting for the facts. Almost a week has gone by and those documents (boxes of them) have been in FBI custody.

How is it that you think Garland, et. al. would find this historic act to be advantageous IF IT WAS NOT WARRANTED?  

The same way Comey investigated Trump convinced that he would find something.

Makes no sense at the onset.

So does having the radical left control the federal government.

A rational mind would conclude that they were convinced that this was a necessary step. 

A rational mind considers recent history. Four years of resistance. Two faux investigations and two faux impeachments. He was a good President.

So now we need to see if they were in err.   Did the engage in a search & seizure that was unnecessary/unwarranted or not?   We do not yet know.   So 'atrocious' is a premature declaration.

Again, the longer they take the more distrust they shall sow.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.63  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.61    2 years ago
Follow the facts to the conclusion, not the other way around.  

I haven't concluded anything.

Put the strawman away.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.64  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.62    2 years ago
It says that if a single document had any kind of classification, that document and anything with it could be seized.

Classified documents are to be held in a secure government facility and not in a private residence.   Surely I need not explain why this is true.

... we have to assume the worst until the facts prove otherwise

That is a highly flawed way to operate.

The same way Comey investigated Trump convinced that he would find something.

Don't deflect.   Focus on this case.   Answer the question:

How is it that you think Garland, et. al. would find this historic act to be advantageous IF IT WAS NOT WARRANTED? 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.65  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.63    2 years ago
I haven't concluded anything.

Oh, you have not concluded that the FBI raid was unwarranted?   

If that is the case, your style of writing is entirely misleading.

(p.s.) learn what a strawman argument is.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.66  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.58    2 years ago

Amen

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.67  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.58    2 years ago
Never let a teacher or professor tell you what to think

Especially a liberal one.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.68  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.64    2 years ago
Classified documents are to be held in a secure government facility and not in a private residence.   Surely I need not explain why this is true.

You can read right? The warrant allows the FBI to not only take a document with any classification, but all documents that may be stored with it, even if there are 100 boxes of documents. So you are ok with that?

That is a highly flawed way to operate.

Again there is a history of malfeasance here. You believe in unlimited trust?  Is that the way you operate?

Don't deflect.   Focus on this case

Don't you deflect. This case is not separate from all that has gone on for 5 years. Corruption is the point here. This is an administration that is investigating a political opponent, one that has repeatedly been abused by the FBI and democrats. You keep ignoring that big bold fact. Why TiG. Tell us why?

Answer the question:

How many times need I answer. He like Comey, may be convinced that they will find something. Is that concept beyond you? They view Trump as one would view a drug dealer. Simply follow him and you'll catch him buying drugs. 

On the other hand you expect us to believe, that you are ignorant of the past actions of the Clinton campaign, the FBI, Andrew Weissmann, Nancy Pelosi and the national media. We should all wait patiently while the FBI goes through documents that they didn't specifically ask for at it's leisure. You see, TiG, we the people get to ask questions.  You don't seem to like that.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.3.69  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.48    2 years ago
He stole highly classified top secret documents? 

Yes, [Deleted.]

A DC jury would convict. 

There you go again.  So, under your crass theory, a Texas jury would approve of his theft and not convict. 

Where's the indictment?

When he is indicted, we can expect the reactionaries to scream bloody murder.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.70  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.65    2 years ago
(p.s.) learn what a strawman argument is.

P.S. it's time for you to stop trying to make people take on arguments that are not theirs.

Nobody is saying Trump is innocent. We are criticizing the methods being used by the DOJ.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.71  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.70    2 years ago
We are criticizing the methods being used by the DOJ.

And your argument is the presumption that Trump has not done anything wrong that would justify this.

See?

You cannot criticize the method without presuming that their method was unnecessary, and that presumes Trump has done no wrong.

I have suggested that you not presume and conclude only as far as the current facts allow.

That is not even remotely close to a strawman argument.   

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.72  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.53    2 years ago

But yet you continue to speculate.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.73  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @4.3.72    2 years ago

When I speculate I note it clearly.   I do not present speculation as fact.     

I have identified various scenarios ranging from Trump being at fault to Trump not being at fault.   And in all cases I have made it clear that these are not facts but rather possibilities.

Read my summary @4.3.53:

So let's see what facts emerge to answer our questions.
  • It is possible that Trump did no wrong and that all the documents he held were properly declassified and none of them compromised national security by being held in a private residence.
  • It is possible that Trump did wrong and was holding classified documents compromising national security that were either NOT declared by his legal team as on site or were declared but Trump was not cooperating to release them to a secure location.

Buy a vowel.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.74  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.73    2 years ago
 I do not present speculation as fact.   

Sure you do. In post 4.3.60 you posted this...

"Then Trump has serious problems and will likely be indicted."

If you did not want to present that as fact, you would have used the disclaimer "I believe", or something like that. This is only one example and very recent. There are many other examples.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.75  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.71    2 years ago
See?

No TiG I don't

Again, (twice now), two unarmed FBI agents could have seized the same documents without any problem.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.76  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.75    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.77  Ender  replied to  bugsy @4.3.76    2 years ago

[Deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.78  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @4.3.74    2 years ago

Do you understand what the word 'likely' means?

Do you understand that a sentence that starts with 'Then ...' is part of a conditional statement which depends upon a fact being established (something that is described with the word 'if')?

Here is the full quote:

TiG @4.3.60

For example, if this reporting is correct:

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation    washingtonpost
Then Trump has serious problems and will likely be indicted.

IF X THEN Y.    

See?  This is logic.  It is not stating a fact, it is stating what would likely be a fact if a specific condition is true.

Amazing how many times one needs to explain such fundamental concepts in a forum.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.79  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.78    2 years ago

OK I accept the error.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.80  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.75    2 years ago
Again, (twice now), two unarmed FBI agents could have seized the same documents without any problem.

Again, you do not know how many documents were there to search, how much time it takes to engage in the search, etc.   You simply declare that the FBI intentionally over-staffed and declare that they did this intentionally to embarrass Trump.   And you ignore that their operation was done quietly and that Trump himself was the one that made this public.

You do not have insider information on the planning and consideration of this search.    

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.3.81  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.58    2 years ago
Never let a teacher or professor tell you what to think.That's the moral of the story.

yea, Fck them, listen to a Cult liter that defies Courts

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.82  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.3.81    2 years ago

Those who can, do .... those who can’t, teach.

- George Bernard Shaw

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.83  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.80    2 years ago

Two unarmed agents could have done it. They had all the time they needed and according to the warrant were welcome to every document Trump ever touched as President.  The need for 30 agents with guns and bullet proof vests was only to embarrass Trump.

And again, you demonstrated for all to see that you are ok with that.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.84  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.83    2 years ago

Remember back when Trump and McConnell cheated Merrick Garland out of a seat on the US Supreme Court slandering him along the way? Well, I'm sure Merrick Garland still does!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.85  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.83    2 years ago
The need for 30 agents with guns and bullet proof vests was only to embarrass Trump.

Has Donald Trump ever gone out of his way to embarrass anyone? Only every day. He reaps what he sowed. 

Its amazing that we have this phenomenal, historic level public liar, who is also a cheat, a bully, and a conspiracy spreader, and he is endlessly given the benefit of the doubt, but the actions of federal agents acting with court approval are not. 

This is why there can be no compromise with MAGA or other fanatic Trump supporters. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.86  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @4.3.84    2 years ago

I take that as an admission that the raid was a national disgrace.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.87  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.85    2 years ago

The treatment of a former President is evidence of a certain mentality on the left.

Let me show everyone:

Do you consider Donald Trump a legitimate President?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.88  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.87    2 years ago

Trump was legitimate in the sense that he won an election. 

Morally, intellectually, or ethically "legitimate" ? Absolutely not. 

When Trump ran for president in 2015 it was already well known that he was unethical , a pathological liar, and a very shady businessman (and a tv game show host). He was no more "qualified" to be president of the United States than a random name picked out of a phone book would be. Yet, to the country's everlasting shame, white grievance and upset with the "elites" put this fool in office. It is questionable whether the country will ever be the same. 

Legitimate?  What does it matter at this point? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.89  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.88    2 years ago
Morally, intellectually, or ethically "legitimate" ? Absolutely not. 

I rest my case.

That is the mentality responsible for the abomination that took place at Mar-a-Lago a week ago.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.90  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.89    2 years ago

Vic, you have proven over and over and over again that you know almost nothing about Donald Trump and have no curiosity to find out anything.  He espouses your right wing John Birch style beliefs and that is all you are interested in. Some of us believe that the president of the United States should have a basic level of good character, of which Trump has none. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.91  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.86    2 years ago

No, it is recognizing Garland owes Trump nothing special.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.92  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.90    2 years ago

John, normalcy does not = the John Birch Society

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.93  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @4.3.91    2 years ago

Garland only owes Biden

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.94  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.92    2 years ago

Your obsessions with socialism and communism are not normal.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.95  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.94    2 years ago

Really?

Tell us....Do you believe world history is all about the oppressors and the oppressed?

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.96  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.92    2 years ago

Vic, that is a strawman argument. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.97  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.94    2 years ago
Your obsessions with socialism and communism are not normal.

And your obsession with all things Trump IS????

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.98  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.3.96    2 years ago

You know that the answer to that question hangs on Marxism.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.99  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.98    2 years ago

The delusion in your comments just gets deeper and deeper Vic. 

Your question is a strawman.

If you want to make that a topic of this seed, so be it, but don't try to pretend that John's comment motivated it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.100  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.95    2 years ago

America is not under siege from socialism or communism. The John Birch society thought so though. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.101  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.100    2 years ago

The CEO of Whole Foods seems to think so and he isn't a member of the long obscure John Birch Society:

"My concern is that I feel like socialists are taking over," Mackey, who is set to retire from the Amazon-owned grocery chain at the end of the month after 44 years at the company, said in a   podcast   this week with Reason Magazine. "They're marching through the institutions."

Socialists have "taken over education. It looks like they've taken over a lot of the corporations. It looks like they've taken over the military. And it's just continuing — so I'm deeply concerned," he added."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.102  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.101    2 years ago

I like the way you are proving me right. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.103  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.102    2 years ago

I don't like the way Joe Biden has proven me right!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.104  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.83    2 years ago
Two unarmed agents could have done it.

You keep repeating this.   How do you know how many agents are required to search that mansion complex within whatever time limits at play?

You do not know, so cease with the pretense that you know details of the search protocol, manpower, and timing plan.

And again, you demonstrated for all to see that you are ok with that.

That is a lie.   I have stated that an unjustified search appropriately has consequences.   Cheap tactics like pretending I am okay with unjustified government intrusions are no substitute for a good argument.

We do not have all the details.   I have consistently advised to hold off on drawing conclusions.   I would suggest you also steer clear of making this personal.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.105  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4.3.84    2 years ago
Remember back when Trump and McConnell cheated Merrick Garland out of a seat on the US Supreme Court slandering him along the way? Well, I'm sure Merrick Garland still does!

Please release ALL the invaluable information you have on how Trump had something to do with Garland's nomination.

Should be quite interesting to see what you made up!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.106  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.104    2 years ago
You keep repeating this.

And you keep dodging it.

How do you know how many agents are required to search that mansion complex within whatever time limits at play?

I know they didn't need 30 armed agents. You know it too.

That is a lie.

That is a fact.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.107  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.106    2 years ago
And you keep dodging it.

Dodging it?   What nonsense.  I have directly challenged your claim that it only takes two agents.   How in your mind do you conceive a rebuttal to your claim is a dodge?   

I know they didn't need 30 armed agents.  You  know it too.

No you do not know it and neither do I.   This is a large estate; it is not a 2200 s.f. condo.   The warrant did not limit the search to one or two rooms:

"The locations to be searched include the '45 Office,' all storage rooms, and all other rooms or areas within the premises used or available to be used by FPOTUS and his staff and in which boxes or documents could be stored, including all structures or buildings on the estate,"

You have simply declared that it takes only two agents as if you have inside information on this operation.

Well you do not have such information and your claims should not be presented as if you do.

That is a fact.

It is a bald-faced lie.   Show me that you know my position better than I do.    

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.108  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.58    2 years ago

"Never let a teacher or professor tell you what to think.

That's the moral of the story."

Like you, who claims to be a teacher, telling us what to think?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.109  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.108    2 years ago
Like you,

Unlike me.

I'm trying to save people from the likes of this man:

th?id=OIP.bHceA860Cq-HVMGteheM1wHaEK&pid=Api&P=0

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.4  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 years ago

Maybe they should hand the case over to John Durham.../S

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.5  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 years ago

Well gee Vic, you of anyone knows that these things take time.

You have been waiting patiently for Durham to indict Hillary Clinton for 2 years. Before that you waited for Barr to do it. After millions spend on 10 YEARS of investigations with the RW [including Durham] claiming to 'have the goods' on Hillary Clinton ad nauseam, to date, nothing. NADA.

Yet your seeds and comments illustrate that your hope springs eternal on that indictment dropping any day now. 

So, all you need do is apply that same level of patience to the Trump indictment. Give it a decade...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.5    2 years ago
Yet your seeds and comments illustrate that your hope springs eternal on that indictment dropping any day now. 

Don't they?

Do us all that favor

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.5.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.5.1    2 years ago
Don't they?

Don't they what Vic?

Do us all that favor

'Us' who? 

What 'favor' are you talking about?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.5.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.5.2    2 years ago
What 'favor' are you talking about?

You know, that obsession the ruling class has....TAKING DOWN TRUMP!

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.5.4  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.5.3    2 years ago

Why would you ask ME to do that for you Vic? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.5.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.5.4    2 years ago

Oh you took me literally, as if I mean you personally.

Seeing as I'm not sure if you are on the Jan 6th committee's legal staff, I'm asking in the plural. You being of a similar mindset as those who want to take down Trump.

So, now that we settled that, how about WE get it done?

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.5.6  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.5.5    2 years ago
Oh you took me literally, as if I mean you personally.

You asked for a favor in a forum where only members can comment.

Seeing as I'm not sure if you are on the Jan 6th committee's legal staff, I'm asking in the plural. 

The Jan. 6 committee has an email address, readily available online, where you can ask it to do you that favor. 

You being of a similar mindset as those who want to take down Trump.

What I want is to see Trump held to the same standards as every other resident of this country Vic.

I'd also like to see Trump's defenders here 'man up' and admit that Trump has finally gone a bridge too far, but I learned long ago to live with disappointment. 

So, now that we settled that, how about WE get it done?

See, there you go again. Who are this 'WE' you pretend to speak for Vic? 

Oh, and do you include yourself in that 'WE'?

Because if you do, this seed fails to achieve your goal. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.5.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.5.6    2 years ago
You asked for a favor in a forum where only members can comment.

I asked rhetorically and you know it.

The Jan. 6 committee has an email address, readily available online, where you can ask it to do you that favor. 

What other president suffered all that he has?

I'd also like to see Trump's defenders here 'man up' and admit that Trump has finally gone a bridge too far, but I learned long ago to live with disappointment. 

When I see an indictment, I'll be the first, otherwise this is about tactics and a double standard.

Who are this 'WE' you pretend to speak for Vic? 

If you don't know that I really can't help you.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.5.8  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.5.7    2 years ago
I asked rhetorically and you know it.

You asked rhetorically 'in the plural'? Ya, that's the ticket Vic...

BTF, you failed to persuade or impress. 

What other president suffered all that he has?

Is that question rhetorical too? 

The only thing it persuades and impresses on me is its sycophancy. 

When I see an indictment, I'll be the first, otherwise this is about tactics and a double standard.

Either Trump has gone too far for you, or he hasn't Vic. Whether he is indicted is irrelevant to that fact.

Proof of the above is that you have made it clear that you believe that Clinton did go too far, and you made that judgement without her being indicted for anything. 

If you don't know that I really can't help you.

Save that supercilious crap for someone who is impressed by it. As for me, it's just another question that you fail to address. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.5.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.5.8    2 years ago
BTF, you failed to persuade or impress. 

I don't have to. When you disingenuously pretend to think I meant you, the discussion comes to an end.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.5.10  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.5.9    2 years ago
I don't have to.

Then your question wasn't rhetorical. 

When you disingenuously pretend to think I meant you, the discussion comes to an end.

Yet here you are still blathering away. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Well, this is what writers call the pregnant pause or maybe it's just a very quiet Saturday morning on NT.

It may be time for "War in the East 2"

Auf Wiedersehen

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6  Snuffy    2 years ago

I think Bill Maher said it best.

After poking fun at the "items" that were found in Trump's safe, Maher questioned during a panel discussion whether the FBI raid will equate to "Al Capone's vault" given how broad the classification of "classified" and "top-secret" information is. 

"Is it going to justify this raid or is this going to be a political nightmare?" Maher asked. 

Fox Nation host Piers Morgan  cautioned about the "tendency" from Trump's biggest critics of playing into his hands with their overreaction to things, telling Maher, "Take a swing this big… you gotta land, land a big punch in terms of evidence."

"In the end, it comes down to what is in these boxes… if it turns out to be the real deal, if it turns out that Donald Trump has violated the Espionage Act, that is a serious crime and he should be held to account," Morgan said. "If it doesn't turn out to be there, that there are legitimate questions, I think, from the Trump supporters about the different standards applied to Donald Trump that hasn't been applied to Hillary Clinton, to James Comey, to Hunter Biden and the others."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @6    2 years ago

Here ,in that excerpt, we once again see people in the media attempting to normalize Donald Trump. The fact that he took the classified material from the White House and his lawyer lied to or mislead the FBI about it is all the justification for the "raid" that is needed. Period. The idea that Trump deserves some deference doesnt cut it. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @6    2 years ago
Bill Maher can fuck off and everyone else trying to normalize this life long thug's criminal enterprise.  
The 'new abnormal'

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
7  Nerm_L    2 years ago

We know Trump must be indicted for crimes against the state because the world is watching.  Biden is already perceived as a weak President by other world leaders.  Failing to indict Trump will only encourage confrontation by adversaries and reticence among allies.  Without a Trump indictment, Biden will definitely be a one termer.  The problem is that a Trump indictment and show trial without a conviction will embolden foreign leaders to meddle in domestic affairs.

The Garland warrant and raid on Mar-a-Lago can only mean Biden is not in control of his own government.  Biden is a weak President being manipulated by bureaucrats.  And if Biden can so easily be manipulated within his own government then foreign leaders will try to do the same.  It's becoming apparent that Biden is being manipulated by Ukraine's Zelensky rather than following some sort of planned strategy.  The EU and NATO are dependent upon money and support from the United States but they'll bolt if they are offered a viable alternative.

Garland will quite possibly be gone before the end of the year.  Biden will want to keep Garland through the election but if Republicans regain control of the Senate then Garland must be replaced before the next Congress takes session.  The Republican controlled House will engage in a frenzy of political payback.  And Garland is going to become a liability to the Biden administration.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
7.1  Snuffy  replied to  Nerm_L @7    2 years ago
The Republican controlled House will engage in a frenzy of political payback. 

This is probably my biggest fear for the upcoming election.  The political parties hold so much power these days and we no longer have politicians who go to Washington for the people.  Each side continues to escalate their "war" against each other.  

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Snuffy @7.1    2 years ago
This is probably my biggest fear for the upcoming election.  The political parties hold so much power these days and we no longer have politicians who go to Washington for the people.  Each side continues to escalate their "war" against each other.  

Yup.  There really is a growing public expectation for government reform.  And that public expectation is going to necessitate reforming (and limiting) the power of the two political parties.  Both political parties have been relying more on courts and dirty tricks to prevent third party and independent participation in elections.  

Democrats have adopted a political priority of autocrats defending democracy.  Democrats are so completely clueless they think that is how democracy is supposed to work.  Democrats' increasing reliance on autocratic institutions can only result in insurrection, at some point.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
7.1.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Nerm_L @7.1.1    2 years ago
There really is a growing public expectation for government reform.

interesting you mention that . i read an article a week or so ago talking about that and the history of it , if i can find it again i will post a link .

the drist of it was that the US has basically experienced 2 great political shifts  at about 80 year intervals  in its history that changed the political and sociatal landscape  , the first it explained was the shift from jeffersonian /jacksonian democracy in the 1860s when the republican party was formed , running for about 80 years before the FDR shift occured and has been prevelent until today . if the article is to be believed ,  there is another sociatal /political shift due , which way it goes is anyones guess.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Snuffy @7.1    2 years ago

Except for Liz Cheney?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8  Jasper2529    2 years ago

Is he threatening US citizens again? Sure sounds like it. He certainly wasn't "silent" when, without evidence, he blatantly accused American parents of being domestic terrorists.

Third, let me address recent unfounded attacks on the professionalism of the FBI and Justice Department agents and prosecutors. I will not stand by silently when their integrity is unfairly attacked.
This is all I can say right now.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    2 years ago

So much hysteria over this. Why can’t everybody just chill for a bit, wait to see what the FBI took, and what they want to do about it? Everybody wants to react and judge and they don’t even know if they should be mad.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.1  bbl-1  replied to  Tacos! @9    2 years ago

But the emails, right?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @9    2 years ago

This article is evidence of that.

The author has promised indictments via John Durham against the entire Obama Administration,

the Clinton campaign, the last 4 directors of the FBI and a handful of Trump directors,

basically anyone critical of Trump , but asks multiple times above,

"Where is the indictment" from Merrick Garland.

The double standard and impatience is unbridled.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @9.2    2 years ago

Howmany years, how long must we wait on these alleged Durham indictments?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @9    2 years ago

Everyone could/would chill if whatshisname would reveal that information.

Gee, I wonder why he doesn't?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @9.3    2 years ago

Just be patient. Mueller took time to finish his report, and all the left had to say was "You'll see".

Gsquared
Professor Principal
10  Gsquared    2 years ago

The Republicans are "outraged" over the lawful execution of a search warrant because it involved their lord and master, but they think a violent assault on the U.S. Capitol was a normal tourist day.

So much for any semblance of sanity from the reich wing.

JBB
Professor Principal
11  JBB    2 years ago

Sure, and Al Capone was only guilty of tax evasion. Give Me A Break!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
12  bbl-1    2 years ago

Garland has already cut the bait.  In the first round in New York the MAGA man evoked the Fifth Amendment 400 and whatever times.  Done and done.  The MAGA don't care--they got nowhere to go and all day to get there.  As far as the Trump---he's still just the Trump.

And Durham is still on the public dole.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.1  Split Personality  replied to  bbl-1 @12    2 years ago

71 years old, technically retired before being appointed SP which extended his GS salary with steps

to about $179,000 annually.

Nice work if you can get it.

and not much to show for it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @12.1    2 years ago

...especially when he doesn't have to log his time. just wander around looking constipated and periodically throw some meaningless red meat towards the legion of sycophants. sweet gig for a has been.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
12.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  devangelical @12.1.1    2 years ago

Should Durham be indicted for fraud and misuse of government funds?  Should his investigation be audited to determine where and to whom the taxpayers funds were allocated?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
13  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
The worst thing Garland could do at this point is to pour over all these documents for months and months.

if this "raid" really was for classified documents, it would have been done as soon as Trump left office.  Since it's been nearly 2 years, it just screams that's it's another fishing expedition for something, anything they can find.  Just like Meuller's "investigation".

He will have ruined his own reputation and that of the DOJ. 

That's already been done.  His and the DOJ's lack of objectivity is on the same level as the FBI - bottom of the barrel.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @13    2 years ago
if this "raid" really was for classified documents, it would have been done as soon as Trump left office. 

Jeremy, I forgot to tell you....They have no answer for that.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.2  Split Personality  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @13    2 years ago
if this "raid" really was for classified documents, it would have been done as soon as Trump left office.  

Life doesn't work that way.

"Hurry up and wait"?

The NARA has the task of collecting and categorizing Presidential and WH records.

Maybe in a "normal" Administration they could have contacted the FPOTUS in a matter of months 

asking for the missing docs and gaps in visitors logs and phone records.

But the Trump Admin was unusually sloppy.  The NARA requested that Trump provide of return the

docs in question .  They were ignored. 

They went to the DOJ as required by law.

DOJ subpoenaed the records this past spring and eventually received 15 boxes in June along with a

signed statement (Bobb?) that there were no more docs at Marala go.

The NARA disagreed.  

Since it's been nearly 2 years, it just screams that's it's another fishing expedition for something, anything they can find. 

The fishing trip proved the NARA correct and they believe there are still many more docs missing.

Just like Meuller's "investigation".

Opinion.

His and the DOJ's lack of objectivity is on the same level as the FBI - bottom of the barrel.

More opinion.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
13.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Split Personality @13.2    2 years ago
Life doesn't work that way.

You're right.  For life to work like that would require accountability.  God forbid the Democrats take responsibility.. 

If they knew he had these documents on January 20, 2021 they had 2 options. 

1. Take the documents when he left office
  2. Ensure they were properly secured.  

No matter how you spin it, NARA failed to do their jobs.  And here we are 2 years later we see another fishing expedition.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @13.2.1    2 years ago
If they knew he had these documents on January 20, 2021 they had 2 options. 

Nonsense. They didn't know if he had them, he flushed them

or his staff was still busy taping together pieces.

One can also make the case that they were distracted by all of the missing docs, phone logs and texts from 01/06.

Btw if you going to be exact, Trump has only been "out of office" for 18 months

not two years.

devangelical
Professor Principal
13.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @13.2.1    2 years ago

yeah, it's NARA's fault that trump stole classified documents from the white house...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
13.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Split Personality @13.2.2    2 years ago
Nonsense. They didn't know if he had them, he flushed them

Based on your statement in 13.2,

The NARA has the task of collecting and categorizing Presidential and WH records.

They failed to do their job.  

One can also make the case that they were distracted by all of the missing docs, phone logs and texts from 01/06

The missing texts and docs were not from WH records.  I call those excuses for failing to do their jobs.  

I believe I stated "nearly 2 years".  Oh, looky there.  I did.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
13.2.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  devangelical @13.2.3    2 years ago

Lets see, they either failed to do their job (no surprise) or they gave clearance.  Right now, we don't know which happened.  I'm betting they gave the clearance and certain partisan shit stains didn't like it.  I recall hearing something that the documents were secured IAW policy and guidance.

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.2.6  Dulay  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @13.2.5    2 years ago
I'm betting they gave the clearance and certain partisan shit stains didn't like it.

What is this 'clearance' you speak of Jeremy? Link?

Are you positing that the NARA has some kind of authority to give Trump clearance to retain TS/SCI documents? Link? 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.2.7  Split Personality  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @13.2.4    2 years ago
They failed to do their job. 

How do you force a sitting POTUS to do anything when you can't even charge him?

I believe I stated "nearly 2 years".  Oh, looky there.  I did.

Oh looky there, you did not.

"And here we are 2 years later we see another fishing expedition".

Oops?

The missing texts and docs were not from WH records.  I call those excuses for failing to do their jobs.

And yet the phone logs for the afternoon of 01/06 somehow don't exist. 

The NARA audits are very much like a tax audit. 

According to Mr Trump, they take years.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
13.2.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dulay @13.2.6    2 years ago
What is this 'clearance' you speak of Jeremy?

[Deleted]  I thought it was pretty clear what I was talking about.  You'll have to figure it out yourself

Link?

[Deleted]  I never said they DID give him clearance.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
13.2.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Split Personality @13.2.7    2 years ago
How do you force a sitting POTUS to do anything when you can't even charge him?

You apparently don't understand how processes and policies work.  If they can't charge him then why a raid?  

And yet the phone logs for the afternoon of 01/06 somehow don't exist.

And in your minimalist brain thinks this somehow means something?

The NARA audits are very much like a tax audit.  According to Mr Trump, they take years.

According to FBI and NARA actions, they do.  I don't recall seeing Trump say anything about it.

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.2.10  Dulay  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @13.2.8    2 years ago
Sorry not time or crayons. 

Yet you had time to post your deflection. 

I thought it was pretty clear what I was talking about. 

What's clear is that you can't support your claim, so you devolve to the MO, you deflect. 

You'll have to figure it out yourself

I gave you the chance to post a clarification. Since you won't or can't, I conclude you're just spewing more fabricated stream of consciousness. 

Your comprehension skills are failing you again. 

That's totally false but I can see why you wish it weren't.

I never said they DID give him clearance.  

Oh, but you'd bet on them giving Trump this clearance you fabricated out of whole cloth. 

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @13.2.2    2 years ago
"If they knew he had these documents on January 20, 2021 they had 2 options."
"Nonsense. They didn't know if he had them, he flushed them

or his staff was still busy taping together pieces.

One can also make the case that they were distracted by all of the missing docs, phone logs and texts from 01/06.

not two years."

His habit with these top secret and classified documents was to look at some, tear some up, put some in his pockets.

There were also staff who had to follow him around and tape the documents that the fucking moron tore up.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.2.12  Split Personality  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @13.2.9    2 years ago
You apparently don't understand how processes and policies work.  If they can't charge him then why a raid?  

Clue1, he's no longer a sitting POTUS

Clue2, they subpoenaed the docs and did not receive all of them.

Clue3, a Trump Attorney signed a document stating no more docs existed at Marlago.

Clue4, someone at Marlago blew the whistle.

your minimalist brain

Thanks for the insult.

According to FBI and NARA actions, they do

Hooray, you now agree with me.  Must be a lunar eclipse of a blood moon today?

I don't recall seeing Trump say anything about it.

If you don't remember Trump saying his tax returns were not available because they

were being audited from 2015 through 2020 then no one here can help you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @13.2.12    2 years ago

Yeah, why do they say what is happening at Mar-A-Lardo is happening to the 'president'.  Whatshisname is no longer the 'president'.

We now have President Biden.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.2.14  JohnRussell  replied to  Split Personality @13.2.12    2 years ago
If you don't remember ..... then no one here can help you.

I'll take door # 2.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
14  Snuffy    2 years ago

It's also reported that the FBI also seized personal records and boxes containing records covered by attorney-client privilege and potentially executive privilege.  If any of these records make it into the Jan 6th Committee or any upcoming court cases it will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was a fishing expedition.  There's a lot that we just don't know and there's a lot of "information" being pushed around based on reports from main-stream media that I have lost all trust in.  So I believe we have to wait to see where this all ends up.  Not that it will stop the highly partisan people both here and out in public from leaping to conclusions based on their bias.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Snuffy @14    2 years ago
If any of these records make it into the Jan 6th Committee

U realize they will not be needing them in the i/6 committee, as This is far more serious than even that. Yea, all a bunch of speculation, that is apparently panning out to be dead right.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
14.1.1  Snuffy  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1    2 years ago

And that's why that sentence was prefaced with an 'If' and also included the phrase "or any upcoming court cases".   The Jan 6 Committee may not use anything found, they may never be made aware of any documents that the DOJ seized.  We just don't know what's going on in the DOJ with this.  But if any documents that are covered by attorney-client privilege or executive privilege do end up with the Committee or used in any potential court case then that will prove beyond a shadow of the doubt that the DOJ is corrupt. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @14.1.1    2 years ago

Yeah, you're the one I go to for my 'presidential' legal/scholarly advice.

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Yeah, they're all corrupt EXCEPT trumpturd.

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @14.1.2    2 years ago
Yeah, they're all corrupt EXCEPT trumpturd.

Where did you read that, and why are you asking him like he said that nonsense?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
14.1.4  Snuffy  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.3    2 years ago

There are some on this board who when they reply make me think fondly of the rapier wit and direct to the point commentary of Jar Jar Binks, mostly because they are so much worse at it then him.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @14.1.4    2 years ago

I know my wit is way sharper than the majority of the multitude of readers here.  

Snuffy
Professor Participates
14.1.6  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @14.1.5    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @14.1.6    2 years ago

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”

― Ronald Reagan

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Snuffy @14.1.4    2 years ago
There are some on this board who when they reply make me think fondly of the rapier wit

Wit, you talking about Snuffy ? Do you and Tex have newly acquired CDLs' ? R u gonna be driving my bus today ? Cause i sure would like to be driven to school, but can we stop at the Beer Distributor first, as i need something to wash down all that dry humor, the humidity has been reigning over of yours, as it opens up the pours, it on heavy, like thick chilled Marla Maples' Syrup, with the viscosity of hot dry ice, freshly stolen, like material, you would need to succeed, inn a battle of,   wits  in a name, B sides letters, never sent to become sentences, that can last a lifetime, ore, until the Fe Male Mailman delivers a child, cause, that would be , like Girls gone Wild, before Domesticated, know...?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1.8    2 years ago

Unless replying directly to me, please leave my name out of your word salads.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.9    2 years ago

Quoting someone's new vocabulary Tex, Fuck off !  Is that Better !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1.10    2 years ago
Quoting someone's new vocabulary Tex, Fuck off !  Is that Better !

Better?

I will give you a teensy bit of credit for not producing yet another useless tossed word salad.

Congrats on a fairly coherent post, how does that make you  feel?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.12  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.11    2 years ago
how does that make you  feel?

what part of Fuck Off, was wrapped in ambiguity....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1.12    2 years ago
what part of Fuck Off, was wrapped in ambiguity...

Let me break it down so you will understand.

I don't give a flying fuck about your feelings, just want you to keep my name out of your posts, I keep telling you I don't do word salads.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
14.2  Split Personality  replied to  Snuffy @14    2 years ago

I note that as soon as Mr.Trump said he wanted to spend the late summer months in Scotland

the FBI returned his Passports.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
14.2.1  Snuffy  replied to  Split Personality @14.2    2 years ago

Yep, they did and that was the correct action.  I still question why they are holding documents that are suspected of containing attorney - client privilege information or executive privilege information.  Those are also documents that the DOJ shouldn't have or need for this investigation and IMO should be returned to Trump right away.  The longer they hold on to them, without disproving the claim about what the documents contain, the worse the problem is for the DOJ.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.2.2  Dulay  replied to  Snuffy @14.2.1    2 years ago
I still question why they are holding documents that are suspected of containing attorney - client privilege information or executive privilege information.

Suspected by whom? 

BTFW, Trump has NO executive privilege. NONE. Joe Biden is the POTUS, that privilege rest with him. Courts all over the country have pointed that fact out to Trump, yet he and all too many others still don't seem to get it. 

The longer they hold on to them, without disproving the claim about what the documents contain, the worse the problem is for the DOJ.  

As for attorney-client privilege, the documents will be vetted by the JUDGE.

If documents were 'mixed up' with TS/SCI or classified documents, Trump had 18+ months to get his shit together and hire a fucking file clerk that could pass a background check. Hell, he had lawyers on his staff that qualified to review all of the documents. 

So PLEASE, let's just stop excusing poor pitiful Trump. The motherfucker claims to be a billionaire, who can readily afford to have a secure and organized filing system. 

Seriously, come on man.