╌>

As Anyone With Eyes Can See, The "Liberals" Of Newstalkers Have Stopped

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  167 comments

As Anyone With Eyes Can See, The "Liberals" Of Newstalkers Have Stopped

As Anyone With Eyes Can See, The "Liberals" Of Newstalkers Have Stopped posting, seeding, or commenting, in part or perhaps in some cases, entirely. Not every one, not at all times, but it has obviously occurred to a significant degree. 

This is not an organized boycott, but rather seems to be the result of organic, independent conclusions about this forum. 

There has been no liberal group organized to act in concert, as the Usual Suspects/Deplorables has been. 

If things will rebound remains to be seen. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

bump

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

I think they've been humbled by the last three elections. All of their claims that the tea party had destroyed the Republican party have now been proven to be false. They believed the lies of the liberal news and reposted those lies here. Now that they see they were nothing more than propaganda that ran contrary to the truth they no longer have reason to repost those lies here. We told them the pendulum was swinging to the right but they turned a deaf ear. Now they see they were wrong and we were right. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    7 years ago

John, do you really think there's an organized group out there trying to shout you down?  That would set a new level of paranoia on the wall.  I don't know about others, I rarely chat with any groups of people.  I don't go around behind the front page and conspire to place ands support articles, like say, you and PJ.  Maybe there is a group like that, but I don't have (nor do I want) the conservative chops for that.  If they exist, I guess I don't qualify.  BTW, if you have proof of some organized conspiracy, I hpe you'll publish it.

I think you have trouble believing that there are that many people that find your beliefs (and articles based on those beliefs) to be incorrect. Might be worthy to consider......

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

Interesting, Spike.

I think you touched on a point that some of those on the left just don't get. I can't tell you how many times I've been referred to here as "right-wing", or a supporter of some alleged right-wing cause. I'm far closer to the ideological center than any of these people would care to see, but it's more convenient for them to stamp a label on people, so as to dehumanize them. This, in their minds, obviates the need for debate, and they can just go on being insulting and condescending. Of course, this is so much easier than engaging in vigorous discourse.

And yes, they are still dumbfounded by Trump's election. The denial is still there, and with it, the hate and angst. When they learn to seed debatable content, they'll be back.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

And yes, they are still dumbfounded by Trump's election.

For Pete's sake, Jonathan, even Trump is dumbfounded by his election.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

I think he's taking it in stride, in his own cacophonous manner. He will have to adjust as well, no doubt. He doesn't have the luxury of laying in the corner in the fetal position, as his adversaries still are.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

I've never conspired with anyone.  You continue to accuse me of things that you have no reason to accuse me of.  Stop singling me out.    

I'm not sure why John remains and tries to present his position.  I admire his efforts even though there are some positions I don't agree with him on.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Why shouldn't John stay and present his position?  Every view point should be welcome here.  No one should try for content control or to limit what any member posts relating to a topic.  Politics here since this is the news and politics page, not a front page.  No one can seed more than 5 seeds a day.  Anyone can seed that many. Everyone and every news and politics viewpoint can be seen and read here.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

I didn't say John shouldn't post. In fact I admire both you and John's perseverance.  

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

And yes, they are still dumbfounded by Trump's election.

For Pete's sake, Jonathan, even Trump is dumbfounded by his election.

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

BTW, if you have proof of some organized conspiracy, I hpe you'll publish it.

You mean other than the fact that...here you are, once again, fighting over the band-wagon megaphone with your peeps? 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

I mean real facts.  Not 'well I think it is so therefore it must be'. 

BTW, I posted an article on the collapse of understanding between Turkey and ISIS (you know, real news?) and it disappeared as quickly as I posted it.

Why?  Because we're too pre-occupied with being butt hurt about left/right politics.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

BTW, I posted an article on the collapse of understanding between Turkey and ISIS (you know, real news?) and it disappeared as quickly as I posted it.

Real News? 

You posted real news on this site? 

I thought that was a violation of the COC...???

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

LOL, so it seems, Kav.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

I suspect things will pick up when Trump has actually been president for enough time to be judged as such.   Once people have no access to health insurance again, and the prices of imported goods double or triple because of a poorly planned tariff, and earthquakes from fracking become everyday events, and anti-Trump executives and businesses are bankrupted by backroom politics, and speech is no longer free, and the military is put back in harm's way for no good reason, and your bottom line skyrockets only if your last name is Trump, and the stock market plummets in reaction to all that, "I told you so" will be the most common expression here.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

I don't think the fact that Trump won has much to do with it. It doesn't for me. 

I seeded an article yesterday about the impossibility of the Republicans replacing Obamacare in the way they always talk about. 

The seed got ZERO comments. People here want to rag on Clinton and Obama. and "snowflakes" and post fake news and talk nonsense. 

And they have the numbers to do it. There are at least twice as many "conservatives" and libertarians here as "liberals" and generally the conservatives are much more prolific posters which emphasizes the disparity even more. Because the comment arrays on the site keep pushing the latest comments to the top or front, the "conservatives" are able to dominate the topics. Plus , many if not most of the "liberals" do not seed anything. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Speaking for myself, my more limited involvement is a function of a new job with far less free time to goof off on the internet.  However, there are clearly some who have abandoned this place and I don't doubt that it's a visceral reaction to the newly emboldened, masturbatory conservative sect here.  I too see things here that make me embarrassed to be of the same species, but I'm not planning on giving up on unearthing some humanity here.  I also think it would be nice to just get rid of the thumbs up button.  It's the biggest indicator of how lopsided this place has gotten.  It makes this place look more like a conservative echo chamber than blog forum.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

First you all complain about the thumbs down vote and now that it's gone you want to go after the thumbs up?  It seems to me that the progressive left feels a need to be in control.  They feel uncomfortable if their is not some aspect of flyover America that they can't regulate or dictate to.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

I never wanted either in the first place.  Conservatives abused the thumbs down so badly that it got taken away.  Liberals here are judicious as to when a comment deserves a thumbs up, but conservatives give a thumbs up based solely on who made the comment, making this place about as attractive to potential newcomers as an electric fence.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

thumbs down

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Really Hal?

There are a FEW liberals on this board who are judicious with their approvals, not many, I can count them on one hand. The dwindling vast majority of them do exactly the same thing your complaining the conservatives do.

The ones that can I consider friends, close friends and I suspect that such sympathies are gladly returned.

The ones that can't, usually view me as a political enemy, understandable.

What really frosts me, is those that can, and choose not to.

As a group, we have them on both sides yes, and they are the real problem.

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    7 years ago

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

Those of us that remain are tolerant of opposing views. We don't let anyone get under our skin. We just shake it off like water from a ducks back. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Exactly Dean.  

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

`

I lean liberal but I'm NOT a democrat and certainly am not a republican.  In this election cycle, many liberal and progressives supported Bernie Sanders. When it came to light how the democrats deliberately marginalized him, they lost supporters. When Sanders and Warren prostituted themselves for Hillary, that became another chasm.  When the democrats became warmongers, that was a huge crevasse.

Don't confuse being liberal/progressive with being democrat. I voted for Jill Stein.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

One of the things I thought was funny and unexplained, where did Jill Stein get the money for the multi-state recount effort?  Seems it was more money than she raised during her presidential campaign.  The money came from somewhere.  Stinks like she sold out, just like Bernie did.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

In this election cycle, many liberal and progressives supported Bernie Sanders. When it came to light how the democrats deliberately marginalized him, they lost supporters. When Sanders and Warren prostituted themselves for Hillary, that became another chasm.  When the democrats became warmongers, that was a huge crevasse.

Maybe some of your liberal friends will read and learn from one of their own.  When I told them the same thing it went in one ear and out the other.  

I doubt it though I posted a video of Moore explaining why Trump would win and they all laughed.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

I'm not boycotting the front page, i'm simply staying away from a situation that became one, where disagreements with a certain members would be metaphorically "shouted down," barraged with false information, and, where facts were not only not acknowledged, but denied and supplanted with fake information.

I will likely return to the front page when President-elect Trump (as President Trump) implodes, and/or is finally caught in a lie from which he cannot extract himself; if and when that happens, Republicans for political-partisan reasons, and Democrats for altruistic and also, partisan reasons of their own, will likely impeach and dismiss President Trump, or, place enough handwriting on the wall so that he leaves a la Richard Nixon in a cloud of self-righteous indignation! I can visualize it now … Trump ceremoniously giving us one last middle finger while shouting … "Fuck you … I'm a billionaire … I don't need this shit!"

It is obvious to those paying attention, that Mr. Trump not only has no intention of "draining the swamp" as he promised to do so many times during the campaign, rather, on the basis of his choices for cabinet positions, he intends to remake the swamp in his own image.

Candidate Trump bashed President Obama and candidate Clinton for a $20 trillion deficit, yet the budget bill introduced yesterday by Republicans, will increase the deficit by $10 trillion over the next 10 years! The numbers begin on page 3 of the bill … fake news not withstanding.

President-elect Trump, for whatever his reasons, appears to be not only praising, but protecting Russian leader Vladimir Putin with regard to hacking the DNC, and in doing so (in a statement last Friday), committed what would have been an act of treason were the United States in a declared war. Mr. Trump disparaged American Security and called Putin "smart" for delaying a retaliation in response to sanctions against Russia -- clearly warranted because of Russian interference in an American election.

In my mind, President-elect Trump is an egomaniac; in a few weeks he will be at egomaniac with the nuclear football; good luck with that.

Don't look for me here on a regular basis … nor even to respond to comments on my comment. I will be here at times when Mr. Trump fucks up, tweets some insane, inane, untruthful, or irrelevant egomaniacal message.

Otherwise I'll be posting pictures.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

I will be here at times when Mr. Trump fucks up, tweets some insane, inane, untruthful, or irrelevant egomaniacal message.

Otherwise I'll be posting pictures.

Can I ask a question my friend?

Will you also come here and post when he does something right, says something brilliant or otherwise effectuates a success?

Or is that too much for fairness's sake.

Balance is everything.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Will you also come here and post when he does something right, says something brilliant or otherwise effectuates a success?

Or is that too much for fairness's sake.

Balance is everything.

YES, YES and YES!

Unlike what was done by the Obama-detractors … beginning with Rush Limbaugh and Mitch McConnell ("I hope he fails," "We're going to do everything to make Obama a one-term President") …and then there were the record number of filibusters, 50+ failed attempts to repeal Obamacare, a Ted-Cruz precipitated government shut down … 

But YES! If Trump does well … I will sing his praises. *

* I only responded because you are both a friend, and, a fair-minded political adversary … I intend not to respond further.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Thank you my friend...

We have to keep that clarification on the table also.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

and Mitch McConnell

I know its a bit off-topic, but I wonder: does anyone else here think that Mitch McConnell looks like a turtle?

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

I know its a bit off-topic, but I wonder: does anyone else here think that Mitch McConnell looks like a turtle?

Well now I do.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

sister, answer your email

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott    7 years ago

Guess I got back here at the wrong time, but I really need something to do while waiting for NASCAR to start back up. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Steve Ott   7 years ago

there is always football.... geek

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Yep, but only one more college game. I prefer college to the NFL. 

As to the racing, I actually think open wheel is more of a challenge to the driver, but we just don't get to see as much of it. I've always had a need for speed. Had a '67 Chevelle SS in college. Wish I had that thing now.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Steve Ott   7 years ago

There's a course in Western Virginia/West Virginia (was a long time ago) where you could go see some decent open wheel racing.  And it was, well, not affordable, but more affordable to get into than playing in the bigs in Europe.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Steve Ott   7 years ago

There's a course in Western Virginia/West Virginia (was a long time ago) where you could go see some decent open wheel racing.  And it was, well, not affordable, but more affordable to get into than playing in the bigs in Europe.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    7 years ago

Wish I had that thing now.

I feel the same way (I wish I had the thing that I had in college now as well)

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

LMAO!! Indeed.

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce    7 years ago

MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  The dastardly plans of the Usual Suspects/Deplorables has worked!  MUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Stfu John.  No body has "planned" a boycott of Liberal articles.  Certainly note my group.  And although I've gotten quite a few "We have to talk" messages from Perrie with angst as to what my group is planning or may be up to, there has never been a nefarious plan discussed or set in motion by it.  So blow it out your ass.

Now.  I'm sorry no one commented on your article about Obama Care.  But quite frankly, speaking for me, and some of the others on this site, we're pretty fucking tired of beating our heads against the stone wall of dipshit liberalism.  You don't want a debate, you want a fucking argument.  In fact, you don't even want that.  YOU just want to tell Gunny he's too stupid to comment, and BF he's too childish and immature to comment, and NWM, and Petey, and Dean, and Oliver.  You don't debate.  You attack.  The only one you don't attack is me, because you know I'll hand you your ass in a hand basket with facts and charts and figures and memes that show how stupid you look.  And seriously, I'm tired of handing you your ass in a hand basket with facts and charts and figures and memes.

Carry around a potted plant with you everywhere you go John, to replace the oxygen you're stealing from the rest of humanity.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

You are as delusional as ever Bruce. I don't post as many charts , statistics, facts and figures on this site as I used to because it is a complete waste of time. You don't impress anyone here but the deplorables and no one, I mean no one, is waiting for you to come and give us the real deal. You draw your "facts" from the same half ass sources as the others do. Garbage in, garbage out. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

We haven't been prepared for a Progressive President.  What does that suppose to mean?  Conditioned?  Indoctrinated?  Most of us don't need to be "prepared" for anything.  Our battle is to stop those who think the people have to be "prepared".  That's is and always has been the battle.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Not prepared means we didn't have enough bullets and survival supplies stocked up. That's why it was hard to find ammunition during the Obama years. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

No kidding.  Obama has to be the greatest weapons and ammunition salesman this country and world has ever known.  What is it, 4 or 5 countries he and Hillary tried to destroy, not including this one, he sas supported NRA more than any other person in history as well as the Industrial Military Complex, who has been very profitable since he became President.  He's not satisfied though, ISIS isn't a big enough sale.  He wants to do the real deal with Russia before he leaves.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

The NRA has convinced people like you to be afraid of the other. So you buy more guns to beat back this imaginary threat. 

Gun ownership by individual people , as individuals, is down and has been dropping for years. The number of guns bought is rising because the same people keep buying more guns

Image result for guy with many guns

Image result for man has many guns

Image result for slob with a lot of guns

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I had no idea Badfish was a fan of guitar hero.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

That depends on where you are getting your data from. 

Two weeks ago, the PEW Research Center released a survey showing that gun ownership by households is up to  44%  — a 7-percentage point increase in the  past  two years. Another 5% of households won’t reveal whether they own a gun.  Yet, not a single mainstream American media headline has announced the increase.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

American gun ownership drops to lowest in nearly 40 years - The . ..

gun - ownership -is-now-at-a-3...
Jun 29, 2016 -  According to Gallup,  gun ownership  has fallen by about 10 percentage points since its peak in 1993. The General Social Survey shows a 20-point  drop  since the mid-1970s. But  gun  purchases, as measured by FBI firearm  background checks, are at historic highs.

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

John, your source paid only lip service to what is actually causing these polls to show a drop in ownership:  People are lying in the polls.  Consider the fact that the poll was taken right after the Orlando Night Club shooting.  What was happening at that time?  The ever dependable call for stricter gun control, banning of certain types of weapons, and even calls for complete bans of guns (Yes, politicians, including Hillary Clinton were calling for confiscation and banning).  

In response to this, gun owners have become very wary of telling a complete stranger on the phone that they have a gun in their home.  Gun forums, Gun Groups on Facebook, and even the NRA and GOA are telling gun owners that there is no need to tell someone you own a gun.  (This is not to be confused with telling a cop you have a gun if stopped).

The SSA and the VA are even now writing rules that will circumvent the laws that apply to the Brady checks in order to make 100s of thousands of gun owners ineligible to own a gun.  So gun owners are no longer admitting that they have firearms.

This is why any time you try and google the number of gun owners in America, it will say no one knows.

Also, keep in mind that this poll is done by the same people who's poll said Hillary would win the election.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

Bruce, it's like logic does not exist for them.

If it's not all said by one source, it isn't real.

The insanity we fight everyday....

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

That was logic?  When evidence points away from your narrative then it's because people are lying?  That's not logic, it's desperation.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

Okay Bruce, everyone's got a gun, everyone's got ten. Let's not believe mainstream news or polls. Let's believe what you read on your gun lover forums. Fine.

I really don't give a fuck to tell you the truth. 

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I really don't give a fuck to tell you the truth.

Apparently, you and I do have something in common.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Dean, your article is like Trump saying crime rates are exploding up all over the country. He does not take into account long term trends. Same with the gun ownership. Year to year could fluctuate but gun ownership by household is down over a course of many years, which is the proper way to measure such trends. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

If the Chicago murder number goes down to , say, 500 this year, are you going to come on here with a headline "Chicago Murder Rate Down 45%"?

Lol. I think not. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

John, was that from your younger days when the Chicago cops used to collect illegal weapons?  PR Photo?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51    7 years ago

Well it seems that John managed to get most of his liberal friends to support his seed.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

I knew I should have invested in tin foil futures...