╌>

Americans for Truth About Homosexuality: LGBT Push for ‘Equality’ is ‘Satanic’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  115 comments

Americans for Truth About Homosexuality: LGBT Push for ‘Equality’ is ‘Satanic’
Peter LaBarbera, founder of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, gave a talk on Saturday about the destructive agenda of the LGBT movement and how it manipulates language in particular to disguise its evil intentions and spin them in a positive light -- darkness to light -- which, he added, is truly "satanic."

LaBarbera presented his talk at the Wisconsin Christian News Ministry Expo and Conference in Wausau, Wisc., on March 10. In a discussion about how "Words Lose their Meaning" when adopted and manipulated by the LGBT movement, LaBarbera gave the example, "Come Out of the Closet."

"This is one people don’t think about," he said. "But think about it – come out of the closet. Come out of the dark closet of lies and self-hatred into the light of truth, right? You come out."

"But what is it really? said LaBarbera. "You come in, into darkness. You’re embracing spiritual darkness as a personal identity, as who you are. Then you’re selling it to everyone you know. You’re doing Satan’s work in the name of light.”

“We don’t think about these things anymore because we’ve been – because they’ve been pounded into us through this powerful sin movement," said Labarbera.

Another example is "marriage equality."

“Marriage equality – it’s not equal," he said. "It’s not marriage. It’s not marriage, it’s not equal. It’s really 'radical egalitarianism' pretending that things are equal that are not equal, which is cultural Marxism of a sort, right?"

(AP)
“Radical egalitarianism," said LaBarbera. "Now, egalitarianism is at the root of a lot of evil. If you look back, communism, Pol Pot, got to make everybody equal. Pol Pot, do people know that story of Cambodia? He was against the intellectuals. He was a Marxist-Leninist revolutionary."

"He had the people who wore glasses [intellectuals], he marched them out the fields and they slaughtered them," sid LaBarbera. "That was done in the name of equality. Can’t have some people who are intellectuals, the bourgeoise – everybody’s got to be equal. So that word “equal” has probably been responsible for more murders in the world than anything else. Yet we’re rallying around ‘marriage equality’?

"And you notice now the left, and some of the elites in our culture, they don’t even say marriage equality anymore," he said. "It’s a code word now, they just say ‘equality.’ ‘I’m for equality.’ That’s supposed to symbolize this issue."

“For some reason, homosexuality has become the issue for the left,” said LaBarbera. “The issue. It’s satanic.”

Homosexuality is satanic because it is a complete rejection of nature -- the natural design, order of one's body, male or female -- and an attack on the natural world (biology) that was created by God to function in a specific way. The principal entity that rejected God and His creation from the start was Satan, Lucifer. As he said, "I will not serve."

Satan also was a big promoter of a false "equality." He promised Adam and Eve that if they rejected God the Father, they too would become as gods. http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/americans-truth-about-homosexuality-lgbt-push-equality-satanic

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

`

To keep track of the other weird things Peter La Barbera says; check this site out .

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

Looked at the site...Pretty bizarre.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

I read the Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey and I don't remember anything in it about homosexuality at all? Granted it's been quite awhile since I read it and I lost my copy of the book, but I'm pretty sure it didn't say homosexuality was Satanic.

The Satanic Bible is considered definitive. Have you read it? If not then any other source is HIGHLY suspect and probably very wrong from what true Satanists believe. Do some research XX.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

The Buffet Christian strikes again. I'm running out of couches for Jeff's drama.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    7 years ago

Why would some Christians reject homosexuals when Jesus said that God made them that way ?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Larry Hampton   7 years ago

Personally, I don't feel that God would create a group of people, just so he could condemn them.  But that's me...

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    7 years ago

Homosexuality is satanic because it is a complete rejection of nature -- the natural design, order of one's body, male or female -- and an attack on the natural world (biology) that was created by God to function in a specific way. The principal entity that rejected God and His creation from the start was Satan, Lucifer. As he said, "I will not serve." 

The perfect way to undermine God is to convince people that it is actually his will that they do so. Two separate sexes exist so that we can procreate and our organs are clearly designed for that purpose. Homosexuals cannot procreate so sex between them is a misuse of their organs. Rather than seek treatment for their aberrant behavior, they embarked on a mission (fueled by junk science) to convince the world that they are born that way. The purpose was to transform a behavior into an immutable characteristic like race. Once it was (improperly) viewed as an immutable characteristic, they began asserting that treating their behavior differently should be as unlawful as discriminating against black people for being black (even though race is not a behavior at all). 

The next step was to loop that into the BIble to argue that opposing the homosexual cabal is not just hate speech under the law but also contrary to the will of God because God preaches love. That, of course, ignores the fact that God doesn't love sin and that the Bible declares homosexuality to be so sinful a behavior that it rises to the level of an abomination. In any event, the argument takes the traditional view that you should "hate the sin and love the sinner" and essentially twists it into the preposterous view that "you can't love the sinner without loving the sin." 

Now they take it even further with transgender nonsense that eviscerates the very distinction between men and women. I recently read an article about a mother and son who both realized (through mutually reinforced insanity) that they were in the wrong bodies so they transgendered to become father and daughter. Marriage is now a complete mockery and nature, itself, is under assault. 

I don't see how it could get any more fucked up than this if Satan had done it himself.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Adam and Eve were created perfect in the image of God and were the first marriage.  There can be no doubt that had sin not occurred on this planet by mankind that homosexuality would not have either.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Adam and Eve were created perfect in the image of God and were the first marriage.

Who performed the marriage, and, after Cain killed his brother and went east of Eden … and met his wife … where'd she come from along with all those other people?

If you take the Bible literally …

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Bravo!

At least one day of the week, on a Sunday, don't y'all think we could leave the hateful disapproval behind and be nice and kind to one another?  Isn't that what Sunday is supposed to be for?

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

At least one day of the week, on a Sunday, don't y'all think we could leave the hateful disapproval behind

Unfortunately hate is on the rise in America....

Everywhere You Look, Americans Are Spreading Hate

So why should a few "mentally challenged" people on NT be any different...?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Is there a more segregated time than a Sunday morning in America?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Step away from that mirror...laughing dudeclose call

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Step away from that mirror...laughing dudeclose call

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

The Bible doesn't mention everyone who ever lived.  Cain, Abel, and Seth played key roles in the struggle between good and evil and the plan of salvation.  None of Adam and Eve's other children played such a role and they were not named in the Bible.  God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply and they did so.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply and they did so.  

He also told Eve not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge. By defying Him, she brought into question the idea of being perfectly created in His image.

My point is, and I'm sure you understand it … that if one is going to take the Bible literally, it is hypocritical to do so selectively, particularly to justify a political agenda under a pretext of morality.

I find it strikingly ironic that those who will call any information that fails to suit their politics, "fake news," yet, will use the Bible as a kind of "ultimate news/fact source" as long as the parts that are politicly inconvenient are treated as if somehow "fake" or irrelevant!

As for the argument that nature reproduces itself in a context of male and female, organisms like earthworms are anatomically bi-sexual, so are many flower species … some organisms reproduce asexually … 

The point … once important ideas regarding reality are based on incorrect suppositions, much can go wrong.

In short, I summarize by suggesting that THINKING is a wonderful alternative to what otherwise causes great consternation and a troubled world.

By the way, XX … I think we are having a fine debate!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

If you take the Bible literally …

In my opinion, the Bible creates a hierarchy of sin and appropriate punishment just as criminal law recognizes the distinction between jaywalking and murder. It also recognizes the difference between church and state when Jesus recognizes that people must render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. Death sentences (among other things) are, therefore, left to the government. Just because some subjects are within the control of Caesar doesn't mean that people have to abandon their beliefs. Therefore, they can believe homosexuality is wrong no matter what Caesar thinks.

But this video only proves what xx said. If Satan's plan is to turn people from the word of God, then that is accomplished by telling them that you can feel free to discard any part of the Bible that interferes with having fun. Debauchery becomes pleasing to God, serving God and serving Satan become indistinguishable from each other, and Satan wins. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Just because some subjects are within the control of Caesar doesn't mean that people have to abandon their beliefs. Therefore, they can believe homosexuality is wrong no matter what Caesar thinks.

Abandoning beliefs is not synonymous with imposing them on those who don't share those beliefs. 

The term "wrong" is often totally subjective.

I haven't stated one way or another what my views are on homosexuality … but whatever my views, I view them as human beings.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Abandoning beliefs is not synonymous with imposing them on those who don't share those beliefs. 

They have as much right to impose their beliefs on others (by voting) as others have to impose their believes on them. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

They have as much right to impose their beliefs on others (by voting) as others have to impose their believes on them. 

Does that mean if one of the outcomes of a particular election results in the appointment of SCOTUS Justices who uphold same-sex-marriage that you will honor such a decision?

Every election, by virtue of your statement, can result in the imposition of certain tenets of law by which its citizens are obligated to abide.

Before I go on, I need to know if you agree or disagree.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Does that mean if one of the outcomes of a particular election results in the appointment of SCOTUS Justices who uphold same-sex-marriage that you will honor such a decision?

I'm already doing that. In my opinion, the Supreme Court has deliberately misinterpreted the constitution to redefine marriage in all 50 states. I have to abide by the ruling until such time as a majority of the court is appointed that will reverse that decision. So, yes, I will abide by the decision but, no, I will not acquiesce to it . . . if that's what you mean by honor. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

I'm already doing that. In my opinion, the Supreme Court has deliberately misinterpreted the constitution to redefine marriage in all 50 states. 

This is where our disagreement resides, my friend. The Constitution does not speak to marriage per se and the SCOTUS Ruling is consistent with the Establishment clause.

Government can not compel anyone to adhere to, embrace, practice nor accept the tenets of any religion on a solely religious basis; however, where a religious tenet is consistent with law, while personal conflicts may arise, legality must have the last word … and that is the "tie breaker" by virtue of constitutionality.

In you personal life, you need not honor the Constitution … as a public citizen, you are legally bound to do so.

Just a hunch, but I think we're at an impasse.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

This is where our disagreement resides, my friend. The Constitution does not speak to marriage per se and the SCOTUS Ruling is consistent with the Establishment clause.

The constitution is not a panacea for every ill. The clear intent of the document is to limit federal authority not for some judge to expand federal or judicial authority by making up rights where non existed. The fact that the constitution does not speak to marriage and the fact that sodomy was illegal in every state means to me that the drafters never remotely thought that anyone would be any more entitled to a same sex marriage than they would be to a marriage with an animal or a broomstick. The issue should have been left up to each state under the 10th amendment.

Government can not compel anyone to adhere to, embrace, practice nor accept the tenets of any religion on a solely religious basis; however, where a religious tenet is consistent with law, while personal conflicts may arise, legality must have the last word … and that is the "tie breaker" by virtue of constitutionality.

The government cannot compel a religious belief but, as a voter, I can compel the government to disapprove of any particular behavior and I can base my decision on anything I choose to base it on, including religion.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

I can compel the government to disapprove of any particular behavior and I can base my decision on anything I choose to base it on, including religion.

Not if you are trying to compel the government to reject and violate the very document upon which it is based you can't … you can try by bringing suit if you are deemed to have the standing to do so … and, ironically, if the judges are politically aligned with your litigation -- which you object to in principle -- you could win/compel the disapproval you seek … but then, because it was based on religion, you will have eroded the Constitution whose very authors you revere as a conservative.

You can object to homosexuality on moral/religious grounds and be on solid RELIGIOUS grounds … but you cannot viably argue against it on Constitutional grounds because your issue is the "moral/religious impropriety of homosexuality" which, in and of itself is not a 14th Amendment issue … and IMO, THAT IS the issue.

The government cannot designate a particular "group" of individuals in order to deny that group "equal protection under the law".

A non-Christian is unlikely to share all of your Christian values … and regardless of which ones he does not share, as long as those values do not lead to his illegal behavior, on that basis alone, you cannot deny him his Constitutional rights.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Not if you are trying to compel the government to reject and violate the very document upon which it is based you can't … you can try by bringing suit if you are deemed to have the standing to do so … and, ironically, if the judges are politically aligned with your litigation -- which you object to in principle -- you could win/compel the disapproval you seek … but then, because it was based on religion, you will have eroded the Constitution whose very authors you revere as a conservative.

The Supreme Court has already violated the document by legislating from the bench to invent a right that doesn't exist. Turing the decision around would not be eroding the constitution but rather interpreting the constitution consistent with its intent (which was never to endorse anything as ridiculous as a same sex marriage). 

You can object to homosexuality on moral/religious grounds and be on solid RELIGIOUS grounds … but you cannot viably argue against it on Constitutional grounds because your issue is the "moral/religious impropriety of homosexuality" which, in and of itself is not a 14th Amendment issue … and IMO, THAT IS the issue.

I can absolutely argue against it in moral grounds. I can also argue that the constitution was never intended to turn a sexual perversion into a constitutionally protected civil right. This is actually not a constitutional issue at all other than under the 10th amendment, which states that all authority not delegated to the federal government is reserved to the states. Marriage is entirely a state issue. By redefining marriage, the Supreme Court has usurped the power of the states and violate the constitution. And congress could undo this nonsense by striping the federal court of the jurisdiction to entertain any issue based on the assertion that homosexuality is a constitutional right. They can do that for any reason and there's nothing the court could do about it. 

The government cannot designate a particular "group" of individuals in order to deny that group "equal protection under the law".

The government does it all the time. You can't be married to more than one person at a time and you can't marry your children or an animal or an inanimate object . . . no matter what kind of an equal protection argument you make (although the court may have a hard time explaining why a same sex marriage is a constitutional right and polygamy is not). 

A non-Christian is unlikely to share all of your Christian values … and regardless of which ones he does not share, as long as those values do not lead to his illegal behavior, on that basis alone, you cannot deny him his Constitutional rights.

Fine, return to making sodomy illegal. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

I can also argue that the constitution was never intended to turn a sexual perversion into a constitutionally protected civil right.

Except that it is not a sexual perversion.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Except that it is not a sexual perversion.

To you. I see it differently. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

The SCOTUS sees it differently then you do, so do most Americans, so you are in the minority. Perhaps it is you who is wrong?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

homosexuality is a sexual perversion acted upon by people who are moral deviants.  It is not entitled to civil rights protection because it is a choice a person makes to act upon such desires.  That said, no one has a right to harm one who does engage in such or discriminate against them in providing services that don't violate the service providers devout religious beliefs.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Actually being gay is neither a sexual perversion nor a choice. Which is why the SCOTUS has decided that they deserved equal protection and rights under the law. Notice that I said equal, not special, because they have never asked for special rights, just the same rights as other Americans. It is the fair and American thing to do.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

The Supreme Court has already violated the document by legislating from the bench to invent a right that doesn't exist. Turing the decision around would not be eroding the constitution but rather interpreting the constitution consistent with its intent (which was never to endorse anything as ridiculous as a same sex marriage). 

Violating a right that does not exist under religious tenets does not extend to law …this falls under the Establishment Clause.

I can absolutely argue against it in moral grounds. I can also argue that the constitution was never intended to turn a sexual perversion into a constitutionally protected civil right. This is actually not a constitutional issue at all other than under the 10th amendment, which states that all authority not delegated to the federal government is reserved to the states. Marriage is entirely a state issue. By redefining marriage, the Supreme Court has usurped the power of the states and violate the constitution. And congress could undo this nonsense by striping the federal court of the jurisdiction to entertain any issue based on the assertion that homosexuality is a constitutional right. They can do that for any reason and there's nothing the court could do about it. 

You can argue on moral grounds and you can hypothesize about the intent of the authors of the Constitution … but arguments based on religion and hypotheticals do not negate the Establishment Clause … and I differ with you regarding the 10th Amendment. A state no right to violate Constitutional law … if states had such a right, we'd still have slavery throughout the South!

The government does it all the time. You can't be married to more than one person at a time and you can't marry your children or an animal or an inanimate object . . . no matter what kind of an equal protection argument you make (although the court may have a hard time explaining why a same sex marriage is a constitutional right and polygamy is not). 

The constitutionality of bans on polygamy has been so well accepted that it’s been used in recent years as an argument against gay rights. According to Antonin Scalia and Rick Santorum, court rulings allowing LGBT people to have sex or to marry will inevitably undermine bans on polygamy because there’s no way to distinguish between the two. A fundamental right to gay marriage, they say, will put us on a slippery slope to recognizing a fundamental right to polygamy, bestiality, and prostitution.

Gay rights however do not inexorably lead to the legalization of polygamy. While the ability to choose one’s sexual partners is an important element of constitutionally protected privacy, the government may have stronger reasons to ban polygamy than gay sexual or marital relationships. Polygamy has long been associated with unique harms: the repression of women; underage girls too young to consent forced into marriage; the severe displacement of young men in geographically concentrated communities. Gay rights don’t pose any of these problems. Rather, they are about the very opposite: reducing the oppression of minorities, allowing adults to engage in consensual sexual activity, and minimizing the social and psychological displacement caused by anti-gay discrimination.

As for marrying of close relatives, I believe there is a genetic basis for making that illegal … and the animals and inanimate object analogies are specious.

And you did not respond to the comment about individuals in traditional marriages who cannot have children … you cite that as a reason for banning gay marriages … but individuals can feel love for one another without that love being related to sexuality.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Violating a right that does not exist under religious tenets does not extend to law …this falls under the Establishment Clause.

By your own admission earlier, the constitution doesn't even mention marriage. Two same sex people marrying doesn't have anything to do with the establishment clause. The right is entirely invented by a liberal court through a misuse of judicial authority. 

You can argue on moral grounds and you can hypothesize about the intent of the authors of the Constitution … but arguments based on religion and hypotheticals do not negate the Establishment Clause … and I differ with you regarding the 10th Amendment. A state no right to violate Constitutional law … if states had such a right, we'd still have slavery throughout the South!

We did have slavery under the constitution and the south seceded from the union to preserve it. That's what the civil war was all about. To eliminate any state right to maintain slavery, we enacted the 13th amendment. So to be clear, slavery wasn't eliminated by judicial chicanery but by amending the constitution.

Gay rights however do not inexorably lead to the legalization of polygamy. While the ability to choose one’s sexual partners is an important element of constitutionally protected privacy, the government may have stronger reasons to ban polygamy than gay sexual or marital relationships. Polygamy has long been associated with unique harms: the repression of women; underage girls too young to consent forced into marriage; the severe displacement of young men in geographically concentrated communities. Gay rights don’t pose any of these problems. Rather, they are about the very opposite: reducing the oppression of minorities, allowing adults to engage in consensual sexual activity, and minimizing the social and psychological displacement caused by anti-gay discrimination.

To me, the rationale against polygamy and in favor of same sex marriage is complete nonsense. People should be able to chose fully consenting adult same multiple partners of the opposite sex under the exact same rationale as somebody who can choose a partner under the same sex. 

As for marrying of close relatives, I believe there is a genetic basis for making that illegal … and the animals and inanimate object analogies are specious.

Under your earlier rationale, the ability to reproduce is irrelevant to the right to marry. So, if one partner in a kinship marriage is sterile, then they should be good to go. Same goes for animals and inanimate objects. After all, to you, love is what counts . . . not sexuality.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

People have the free excercise clause protecting their religious beliefs so that they don't have to be in any way involved in a ceremony or event that is in opposition to or against their religious beliefs.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

No one says they have to. All they have to do is not prevent others from doing so.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

and met his wife … where'd she come from along with all those other people?

Obviously she could only be one of his sisters and the rest also brothers and sisters, all children of Adam and Eve. Therefore if you take Genesis literally then God promotes incest since, unless someone else pulled off another creation in a nearby county.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Adam and Eve were created perfect in the image of God and were the first marriage.  There can be no doubt that had sin not occurred on this planet by mankind that homosexuality would not have either.  

If God had created Adam and Steve instead of Adam and Eve and populated the earth with same sex animals, creation would have ended almost as soon as it began. Maybe parents should be able to marry their adult children. Or fat people can marry their refrigerator because they love what's in it. Or people can marry their pets because God must have made beastiality if the practitioners exist. Or people can marry their hands because they love masturbating. And on and on. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Or fat people can marry their refrigerator because they love what's in it.

Let's stay with living things and argue on that basis … whaddya' say?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Why? It's no less a psychological disorder just because the object of affection is an inanimate object or an animal or one's own reflection (so a narcissist can marry himself). 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Why? It's no less a psychological disorder just because the object of affection is an inanimate object or an animal or one's own reflection (so a narcissist can marry himself). 

If you cannot distinguish the similarities and differences between a human being and a refrigerator, I think this particular debate has reached an impasse. 

There are many reasons why two humans may love one another … and they are not all predicated on sexuality; if a sterile man loves a woman who has had a hysterectomy, should they not marry because they cannot procreate?

How about two unmarried elderly people beyond their reproductive years … should they forego marriage. Aren't human beings entitled to more in life than a relationship with a home appliance?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

OIf you cannot distinguish the similarities and differences between a human being and a refrigerator, I think this particular debate has reached an impasse. 

The issue is not whether I know the difference but whether the guy who's in love with the refrigerator knows the difference. Disorders should be treated not accepted as normal.

There are many reasons why two humans may love one another … and they are not all predicated on sexuality; if a sterile man loves a woman who has had a hysterectomy, should they not marry because they cannot procreate? How about two elderly people beyond their reproductive years should they forefo marriage.

The point of marriage (in every culture bothe civilizedand savage) has always been for men and women to unite to form a stable family unit, whether or not a particular man or woman is infertile or sterile. 

Aren't human beings entitled to more in life than a relationship with a home appliance?

They can have any relationship they choose. It only becomes my business when they try and bend society to their delusion.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

If God had created Adam and Steve instead of Adam and Eve and populated the earth with same sex animals, creation would have ended almost as soon as it began.

There was no Adam and Steve or no Adam and Eve. Genesis is a fairy-tale (or a decent rock band). Written as a way to try to (falsely) explain creation of humans to the illiterate of the time.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

There was no Adam and Steve or no Adam and Eve. Genesis is a fairy-tale (or a decent rock band). Written as a way to try to (falsely) explain creation of humans to the illiterate of the time.

But the idea that homosexuality is genetic or an immutable characteristic is an urban myth. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

People who are homosexual begin to realize it at about the time of beginning puberty. That's when they realize that they are more attracted to members of their own sex then to members of the other gender. This is a natural attraction over which they have no control over any more then when a person reaches puberty and realizes that they attracted to members of the opposites sex. This is also natural attraction over which they have no control.

It has nothing to do with the environment in which they were raised, nor is it something they were "led into" by another person, nor is it a choice that they have made.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

It has nothing to do with the environment in which they were raised, nor is it something they were "led into" by another person, nor is it a choice that they have made.

I think exactly the opposite so we disagree. Some time ago, I was watching the Maury Povitch show and he was discussing homosexuality with a bunch of homosexual guests. At the end of the show, he asked each one (all men) when they had their first experience. Every single one said that they were molested. He looked surprised and said maybe that's the subject of another show. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

I was molested several times over a period of 4 months by a man, raped in my ass actually, when I was 7 years old and I am not gay. My son was never molested, yet he is gay. I don't see the connection.

To say it's a choice is the same thing as saying that a straight person sat down in their room or wherever one day and thought about am I going to get hot for women or for men? It really is that silly to say it is a choice. I mean did you sit down one day and think about if you were going to be gay or straight? Decide if you were going to be turned on by men or women? Of course not and neither do gay people.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

I was molested several times over a period of 4 months by a man, raped in my ass actually, when I was 7 years old and I am not gay. My son was never molested, yet he is gay. I don't see the connection . . .

Many child molestors were themselves molested as children. Does that mean that you have to be a child molestor? Of course not. Some people will be susceptible but others are not. I respect your opinion but on this subject, we wwill have to agree to disagree. And I hope the guy who molested you was run over by the bus.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Actually he died a starving homeless heroin addict in an alley of exposure (he froze to death on an exceptionally cold winter night) in a rotten part of Grand Rapids, Michigan. He should have committed another crime and then he would have gotten life without parole under the three strikes law. Instead he died a horrible, horrible painful death and I don't feel a bit sorry him. I just wish I could have been there to watch. My late mother, his ex-wife, worked for Social Security and managed to get the details.

As for the other we will have to agree to disagree.

Impasse?

All of a sudden I need a drink...

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

But wait … there's more.

Do you simply pick and choose the parts of the Bible to which you defer?

What about …

John 13:34 King James Version (KJV)

" A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

Who gave you the ok to eliminate some of those "one anothers"?

I am not a fan of organized religion, but I find much wisdom in the Bible … along with the contradictions.

What about John 8:7?

"All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!"

And where are you on the Republican budget? Meals on wheels, not caring for the sick and needy in order to give tax breaks to the wealthy? Do you know the one about "A camel passing through the eye of a needle?

Read the whole BOOK … not just the parts that right-wing politicians use to justify their hypocrisy.

(I had to cut and paste because I thought it would be presumptuous to post all the items below in my own words)

Proverbs 19:17   ESV / 765 helpful votes

Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the  Lord , and he will repay him for his deed.

Acts 20:35   ESV / 362 helpful votes

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Matthew 5:42   ESV / 346 helpful votes

Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Proverbs 22:9   ESV / 314 helpful votes

Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.

Luke 14:12-14   ESV / 294 helpful votes

He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

Isaiah 58:10   ESV / 240 helpful votes

If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.

Luke 12:33-34   ESV / 234 helpful votes

Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Deuteronomy 15:7-11   ESV / 213 helpful votes

“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the  Lord  your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the  Lord  against you, and you be guilty of sin. You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the  Lord  your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Luke 3:11   ESV / 186 helpful votes

And he answered them, “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”

Deuteronomy 15:11   ESV / 179 helpful votes

For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Galatians 2:10   ESV / 175 helpful votes

Only, they asked us to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.

Proverbs 14:31   ESV / 159 helpful votes

Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Matthew 25:34-46   ESV / 141 helpful votes

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? ...

Proverbs 14:21   ESV / 137 helpful votes

Whoever despises his neighbor is a sinner, but blessed is he who is generous to the poor.

James 1:27   ESV / 135 helpful votes

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Proverbs 28:27   ESV / 132 helpful votes

Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse.

Matthew 19:21   ESV / 116 helpful votes

Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

Isaiah 41:17   ESV / 109 helpful votes

When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst, I the  Lord  will answer them; I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

Matthew 6:1-4   ESV / 108 helpful votes

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Leviticus 19:9-10   ESV / 106 helpful votes

“When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the  Lord  your God.

Leviticus 25:35   ESV / 94 helpful votes

“If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you.

1 Timothy 5:8   ESV / 81 helpful votes

But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Luke 21:1-4   ESV / 80 helpful votes

Jesus looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the offering box, and he saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. And he said, “Truly, I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

Proverbs 29:7   ESV / 79 helpful votes

A righteous man knows the rights of the poor; a wicked man does not understand such knowledge.

Luke 12:33   ESV / 76 helpful votes

Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

Matthew 22:37-39   ESV / 73 helpful votes

And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Ezekiel 16:49   ESV / 73 helpful votes

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.

Proverbs 21:13   ESV / 70 helpful votes

Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered.

Psalm 140:12   ESV / 70 helpful votes

I know that the  Lord  will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and will execute justice for the needy.

Psalm 12:5   ESV / 70 helpful votes

“Because the poor are plundered, because the needy groan, I will now arise,” says the  Lord ; “I will place him in the safety for which he longs.”

Matthew 6:24   ESV / 67 helpful votes

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Isaiah 58:6-7   ESV / 66 helpful votes

“Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?

Deuteronomy 14:28-29   ESV / 62 helpful votes

“At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the  Lord  your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do.

Isaiah 25:4   ESV / 58 helpful votes

For you have been a stronghold to the poor, a stronghold to the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat; for the breath of the ruthless is like a storm against a wall,

Exodus 23:11   ESV / 55 helpful votes

But the seventh year you shall let it rest and lie fallow, that the poor of your people may eat; and what they leave the beasts of the field may eat. You shall do likewise with your vineyard, and with your olive orchard.

1 John 3:17   ESV / 54 helpful votes

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

Luke 10:30-37   ESV / 51 helpful votes

Jesus replied, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a priest was going down that road, and when he saw him he passed by on the other side. So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion. He went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him. ...

Leviticus 19:15   ESV / 48 helpful votes

“You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor.

Ezekiel 22:29   ESV / 43 helpful votes

The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed robbery. They have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted from the sojourner without justice.

Deuteronomy 15:7   ESV / 39 helpful votes

“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the  Lord  your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother,

Luke 6:38   ESV / 38 helpful votes

Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

Isaiah 1:17   ESV / 37 helpful votes

Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause.

Jeremiah 22:3   ESV / 36 helpful votes

Thus says the  Lord : Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.

Isaiah 58:7   ESV / 36 helpful votes

Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?

Jeremiah 22:16   ESV / 35 helpful votes

He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well. Is not this to know me? declares the  Lord .

Luke 16:19-31   ESV / 34 helpful votes

“There was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. And at his gate was laid a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who desired to be fed with what fell from the rich man's table. Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores. The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried, and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. ...

2 Corinthians 8:9   ESV / 32 helpful votes

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.

Jeremiah 5:28   ESV / 32 helpful votes

They have grown fat and sleek. They know no bounds in deeds of evil; they judge not with justice the cause of the fatherless, to make it prosper, and they do not defend the rights of the needy.

Deuteronomy 15:7-8   ESV / 32 helpful votes

“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the  Lord  your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be.

Proverbs 31:8-9   ESV / 31 helpful votes

Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.

John 3:17   ESV / 30 helpful votes

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Luke 1:53   ESV / 30 helpful votes

He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty.

Isaiah 61:1   ESV / 29 helpful votes

The Spirit of the Lord  God  is upon me, because the  Lord  has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

Psalm 68:5   ESV / 28 helpful votes

Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation.

Hebrews 13:3   ESV / 27 helpful votes

Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.

Psalm 35:10   ESV / 27 helpful votes

All my bones shall say, “O  Lord , who is like you, delivering the poor from him who is too strong for him, the poor and needy from him who robs him?”

Leviticus 23:22   ESV / 27 helpful votes

“And when you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, nor shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the  Lord  your God.”

1 John 3:17-18   ESV / 26 helpful votes

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

2 Corinthians 9:7   ESV / 26 helpful votes

Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Luke 7:22   ESV / 26 helpful votes

And he answered them, “Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have good news preached to them.

Luke 3:10-11   ESV / 26 helpful votes

And the crowds asked him, “What then shall we do?” And he answered them, “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”

Proverbs 17:5   ESV / 26 helpful votes

Whoever mocks the poor insults his Maker; he who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.

Zechariah 7:10   ESV / 25 helpful votes

Do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart.”

Proverbs 22:22-23   ESV / 25 helpful votes

Do not rob the poor, because he is poor, or crush the afflicted at the gate, for the  Lord  will plead their cause and rob of life those who rob them.

Proverbs 31:9   ESV / 23 helpful votes

Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.

Proverbs 22:16   ESV / 23 helpful votes

Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty.

Hebrews 13:16   ESV / 22 helpful votes

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Matthew 25:40   ESV / 22 helpful votes

And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Psalm 82:3-4   ESV / 22 helpful votes

Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

Philippians 2:4   ESV / 21 helpful votes

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Romans 12:13   ESV / 21 helpful votes

Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

Acts 4:32-35   ESV / 21 helpful votes

Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common. And with great power the apostles were giving their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all. There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses sold them and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to each as any had need.

Luke 4:18   ESV / 21 helpful votes

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,

Jeremiah 20:13   ESV / 21 helpful votes

Sing to the  Lord ; praise the  Lord ! For he has delivered the life of the needy from the hand of evildoers.

Proverbs 22:2   ESV / 21 helpful votes

The rich and the poor meet together; the  Lord  is the maker of them all.

1 Samuel 2:8   ESV / 21 helpful votes

He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the  Lord 's, and on them he has set the world.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Read the whole BOOK … not just the parts that right-wing politicians use to justify their hypocrisy.

Many people hear the words you have quoted, but to them they are just hollow words that mean nothing to them that they have to listen to every Sunday, but they don't really listen. The words don't sink in and inspire any real thought in their brains and hearts and are completely forgotten as soon as they go out through their church's door. They are just Sunday morning words that they don't really think or believe that they have to apply to their everyday lives. In that sense they go to church, but hold themselves as being above and as smarter then the god they are pretending to worship in their lives outside of their church. Their god is only smarter inside the walls of the church, but outside in the real world they know better.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

All Christians believe we have a responsibility to care for the poor, the ill, the hungry, the orphan, the widow, those in prison, etc.  some Christians will be left out of the kingdom because in their daily lives they did not care for the least of these.  The thing is that we have to be charitable as individuals.  We don't get a pass on this by delegating such care to the government.  In the judgement day no one will be able to tell God that they gave 40% in taxes so that the government could do it for them.  Perhaps we could all talk about the poor and charity / moral obligations in a seed about that topic.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

You may as well try to fry ice rather than attempt to have a logical discussion with X4P.

For one of the few times, although XX and I disagree (as usual), we are currently having what, IMO, is an actual give-and-take discussion.

That's a positive for NT.