╌>

Pastoral Resources for Immigrants and Refugees

Category:  Religion & Ethics

Via:  randy  •  7 years ago  •  7 comments

Pastoral Resources for Immigrants and Refugees

"We all agree that our nation has the obligation to secure its borders and establish criteria for who is permitted to enter and how long they are permitted to stay. In a post-9/11 world, we all agree there are people both inside and outside our borders who want to hurt us. We share a common concern for our nation’s security and the safety of our loved ones.  But our approach to all these issues must be consistent with our ideals. America has always been different — some would say exceptional. Welcoming immigrants and sheltering refugees has always been something special and essential about who we are — as a nation and as a people."

- Archbishop José H. Gomez

Resources for Parishes

Information Guides & Contact Numbers

Free Consultations

Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project is a public interest legal organization serving the most vulnerable immigrants in the Los Angeles area.  Esperanza is offering free consultations for anyone affected by executive orders and among other programs Please call for session times or to schedule an appointment.  (213) 251-3505
(Esperanza is located at: 1530 James M Wood Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90015)

Join a Parish Team

The Office of Life, Justice & Peace (OLJP) works with parishes and schools to educate and advocate for immigrant rights, encounters with immigration enforcement, and develop family preparation plans.  Please contact the Office of Justice and Peace or click here for more info.

Statements:

USCCB President & VP Statement on Immigration​  

Declaración por el presidente y vice presidente del USCCB en inmigración (doc)

Text of Executive Order: Border Wall​

USCCB Statement on Sanctuary Cities​​​

Text of Executive Order: Sanctuary Cities

Text of Executive Order: Refugees ​​

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy    7 years ago

America has always been different — some would say exceptional. Welcoming immigrants and sheltering refugees has always been something special and essential about who we are — as a nation and as a people."

- Archbishop José H. Gomez

The Archbishop of a Sanctuary City.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Dear Friend Randy: Great article and links.

I am retired now (semi retired, actually).

I always made it a point to have sign language interpreters, and translators so any and all who chose to attend Services where I officiated could feel at home, valued, and part of us as a Congregation. 

Inclusion gets the main point of religion. Any religion. To bring out the best in us.

Exclusion, petty partisanship is blasphemy in its most odious form.

Great seed.

Please keep them coming.

E.

'

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

"...sheltering refugees has always been something special and essential about who we are — as a nation and as a people."

Always?  Better forget about the MS St. Louis.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Good article Randy,

There was an article yesterday about the number of refugees that are working because employers can't find native born employees that can pass the drug test. It was quite an interesting article.

If I remember correctly the one company that they spoke to had a 20% fail rate on drugs testing of native born Americans.  As I've said before, we are the ''Drugged Nation''...Sad.

I believe the city was Erie PA.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Dear Friend Kavika: Too many on Rogaine?

E, Combing Hair Remants.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Thank goodness they aren't hooked on Ex Lax chocolate.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    7 years ago

Welcoming immigrants and sheltering refugees has always been something special and essential about who we are — as a nation and as a people."

All who come as guests through the front door are welcome (referring to legal immigrants). All who climb in through the window should be treated as trespassers and ejected (referring to illegal aliens).