╌>

"We'll Have A Gay Old Time"

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  14 comments

"We'll Have A Gay Old Time"

The best way to provoke a discussion on Newstalkers is to seed or write an article about homosexuals or transsexuals. 

I think an article about gay border patrol agents who see a Mexican priest for conversion therapy would be a smash hit. 

On the article currently being discussed elsewhere on the site there is a lot of discussion about whether or not homosexuality is "natural", and also whether or not the Bible condemns same sex sex. These questions, in fact, dominate the topic there.  The ostensible topic , which pertains to the freedom of speech rights of conversion therapy advocates, is ignored. ( The words "freedom of speech" do not appear in that discussion , as of this writing). 

The conservatives want to rail against homos, and the liberals object to that. That is pretty much all that is on that thread. 

Isn't this forum any better than that? 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

The most popular seeds are often about trannies, activist homos, perverted Muslims, and black crime. 

The ship is sinking. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

I never thought about it until I read your title, but the Flintstones were ahead of the curve in converting children to homosexuals.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Seems that world events are always playing second fiddle to everything that really is important on NT...

SAD

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

What is REALLY sad, even heartbreaking, is that quite fascinating articles are posted on the group sites and even the members of those groups do little if anything to maintain those venues as an alternative to the vitriol that is displayed right up front, that is bound to chase members away (and for sure not be attractive to recruit new members to the site).

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

Interesting title but the article is a snoozer. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Next month we will be having our update of the CoC at which point the question about proselytizing will be brought up, since I have had so many complaints about it. If you have your concerns, let them be heard then. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    7 years ago

Is the plan to keep whining until you get exclusive control over content?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

My recollection is that proselytizing religion is not allowed. An article which explicitly claims that "Jesus" is the cure for homosexuality IS proselytizing. 

This is an issue that should be addressed asap. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

The article was about opposition to proposed legislation to nationally ban certain efforts to help gay people seeking a way out of the choices they made.  If the seeded here had his way we could never discuss any political issue involving religious liberty or moral social issues because the secular humanist progressives will complain anyone arguing from our point of view is proselytizing.  The attempt to ban so called proselytizing is nothing more than a control issue by secularists to have content control over what others say here.  When it does come up,we on the so called religious right will go to the mat to be able to advocate for our political beliefs on issues touching on morals and religion.  

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott    7 years ago

I don't find anything in the COC strictly prohibiting proselytizing for religion. While proselytizing is most often used in conjunction with religion, it is not by definition, solely related to religion. 

We are all in our own way, attempting to convert others to our way of thinking.