╌>

Christian Extremist: The Manchester Victims Were “Sluts,” “Whores,” and Sodomy Lovers

Category:  Religion & Ethics

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  7 years ago  •  34 comments

Christian Extremist: The Manchester Victims Were “Sluts,” “Whores,” and Sodomy Lovers
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/05/23/christian-extremist-the-manchester-victims-were-sluts-whores-and-sodomy-lovers/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=BRSS&utm_campaign=Nonreligious&utm_content=361

Whenever there’s a tragedy, you can count on Christian extremists to explain how it’s a part of God’s plan, that it was somehow deserved due to some sin or another. And the reactions to last night’s attack in Manchester are only beginning to come out.

Christian activist Theodore Shoebat has frequently called for the death of people he disagrees with (Tomi Lahren, Hillary Clinton, all LGBT people, etc), and he’s already chimed in on this tragedy with his biblical wisdom.

This time, he says he feels no sympathy for the 22 people who died because they were “sluts” and “pro-sodomite.” (I guess, in his mind, that somehow includes the eight-year-old who was killed.)

“I really have no sympathy for these people,” he said. “The people who died, the people who were injured, the people who were scared out of their minds, who ran away [screaming], I really don’t care. The types of people who go to these concerts are the same types of people who are responsible for the degeneracy that you see in society.”

“They go to these concerts dressed up as whores, dressed up as sluts, they’re pro-sodomite, they’re pro-divorce, they’re pro-infidelity,” Shoebat said. “They want evil, they want decay, they want sodomy, they want Sodom and Gomorrah.”

Shoebat then showed photos of “some sodomite lover” who was injured in the bombing as he declared that Ariana Grande “is a nasty, evil woman.”

Or — and hear me out here — maybe they just wanted to have a good time at a concert with their friends and family members.

His response is no different from what some Christian pastors said after the Pulse nightclub massacre.

Shoebat isn’t representative of all Christians, obviously, but his warped sense of morality is based on his interpretation of the Bible. He thinks it’s literal and infallible, and far too many Christians agree on those points, even if they don’t agree with his conclusions. Which means Shoebat will keep making awful statements like these.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

I've said it before, and it bears repeating:  You are a Christian if you say you are a Christian, end of definition.  The Christian in this video has his own YouTube channel, which he uses to go into lengthy Biblically based diatribes of extreme hate mongering. This is one of your people, Christians.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

I've said it before, and it bears repeating:  You are a Christian if you say you are a Christian, end of definition.  The Christian in this video has his own YouTube channel, which he uses to go into lengthy Biblically based diatribes of extreme hate mongering. This is one of your people, Christians.

Well if one Christian is like this-- then obviously all Christians are like this!

Thanks form posting this Hal :-)

Since Trump has been elected, hate crimes have skyrocketed. But I think they've decreased since he's traveling-- so we need to gin up the hate all by ourselves!

(Would anyone else like to raise the level of hatred here -- toward your favourite group-- the one you love to hate?)

C'mon haters-- Contributions welcome! Angry

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    7 years ago

If there's one thing in the world we can count on, it is that will Hal respond to the murder of almost two dozen kids by a Muslim extremist by attacking Christians.

Such bravery, standing up to those mean Christians!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago
Lol.  Did I attack Christians, drama queen?  A Christian broadcasts the worst possible message, and you deflect it and try to send the hate my way, with a response that illustrates a genuine lack of reading comprehension. By the way, there are hours worth of this guy's verbal diarrhea on YouTube. Patheos was savvy enough to catch the latest spurt.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Did I attack Christians, drama queen?

I'm sorry, I guess I gave you too much credit and assumed you knew what you were doing. Skirting the CoC [ph]

You see, this is a basic propaganda technique, using the actions of the extremes to taran entire  group. why else do you think an advocacy blog like Patheos publishes and promotes this, because its newsworthy what some unknown jackass mutters into a youtube camera?  

Seriously, I hope you are smart enough to understand what you are doing.

Do you ever stop and wonder why you attack Christians and Christianity ad nausea for saying mean things   but remain silent when Muslims actually kill people in the name of theirs?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

"... but remain silent when Muslims actually kill people in the name of theirs?"

You clearly haven't been paying attention. I post seeds about ALL religions, they just don't get noticed because nobody wants to talk to the atheist.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal

I've never seen you ridicule Muslims. Draw a picture of Mohammed. Call him a child molester. Always mocking Christians but awfully quiet about and never disrespectful towards the Muslim religion. 

You are a mighty big talker about those evil Christians but the only thing I've seen you write about Muslims is to deflect attacks on them by attacking Christians.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

No, I'm a liberal atheist, and the things I post that fit your narrative of us are just shiny objects to you. The rest dies with two or three comments.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

"Such bravery, standing up to those mean Christians!"

Well said. It's safe if cowardly.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Six words - you're improving!  I was starting to think you were a conserv-o-bot, programmed to spit out maximum five word condescension.  Singularity is nigh.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Your constant apologizing for terrorists requires no more words.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Yes, I'm sure that's how I'm seen here -  constantly apologizing for terrorists.

crazy geek

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Every time I think of someone apologizes for terrorist, your name leaps to mind Hal. In fact I don't think of anyone else at all! Heathen!

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

You both do it. Be proud.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

The Shoebats are nut cases. There is another one, who I think is this one's father, and he is just as crazy. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

It just shows that there are total whack jobs in all religions.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Yes, but most Christians will respond by saying that this guy is not a "Christian".  Meanwhile, the terrorists are relentlessly labeled Muslim extremists by those same "Christians".

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal

terrorists are relentlessly labeled Muslim extremists by those same "Christians".

The Muslim apologist springs to action!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

You are struggling to connect the dots of this conversation.  Let's try again:

A Christian extremist is a Christian, and a Muslim extremist is a Muslim.  No?

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Yes, but most Christians will respond by saying that this guy is not a "Christian"

True. A terrorist who is a Christian is never called a Christian terrorist, even though that is what they are.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

And then when another Muslim claims that the terrorist isn't a "real" Muslim, those "Christians" then cite Koranic verses to dispute that claim.  As if the Bible doesn't have enough violence in it to choke a cow.  It's sadly comical.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Funny how some scream about all of the violence in the Koran, but ignore all of the violence in the Bible?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Like drowning the earth.  Literally the most horrific thing that an entity could do.  Thanks God.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

The ultimate mass murder.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

But I thought that you believed that the bible was just a fable, so how can you take seriously that which it says.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

We were being sarcastic...mocking.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

"Yes, but most Christians will respond by saying that this guy is not a "Christian". "

Wow. Are you blind that that is exactly what the left does whenever Muslims murder people? 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Lol.  And along comes the village idiot to bring left and right into a conversation about up and down.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    7 years ago

He was NOT a REAL Christian! 

(Because Christianity is the religion of peace!

Rather-- he HIJACKED the Religion!!!

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

He was NOT a REAL Christian! 

(Because Christianity is the religion of peace!

(I wonder-- did that go over their heads...???)

Krishna
Professor Expert

(Because Christianity is  the  religion of peace!

ALLAHU SNACK BAR!!!

Image result for idf girls snack bar

Krishna
Professor Expert

Evil Zionist killers!!!

Image result for idf girls snack bar

Image result for women idf

arab Israeli kids, who attend the same free public schools as everyone else in the country, aren't bombarded with lessons of hate & propaganda as their counterparts are in neighboring areas. this stunning image can ONLY occur in Israel.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

ALLAHU SNACKBAR!!!

laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

(I wonder-- did that go over their heads...???)

Yep.