╌>

Reactions to Manchester Bombing Show How Anti-Muslim Bigots Are “Useful Idiots” for ISIS

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  aeonpax  •  7 years ago  •  8 comments

Reactions to Manchester Bombing Show How Anti-Muslim Bigots Are “Useful Idiots” for ISIS

If you want to defeat ISIS, listen to former ISIS hostage Nicolas Henin. The group is “heartened by every sign of overreaction, of division, of fear, of racism, of xenophobia … [and] drawn to any examples of ugliness on social media,” the French journalist  wrote  in November 2015 in the wake of the Paris attacks. “Central to their world view is the belief that communities cannot live together with Muslims, and every day their antennae will be tuned towards finding supporting evidence.”

Get that? Islamophobia plays right into the hands of ISIS. Wittingly or unwittingly, anti-Muslim bigots have become recruiting sergeants for a group they profess to hate and claim to want to destroy. The Islamophobes, to borrow a line from Lenin, are ISIS’s useful idiots. ........... the rest HERE .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Aeonpax    7 years ago

This article is one of the most putrid, rank, insensitive, apologetic prices of shit I've read in awhile. Please read the entire article carefully. One you break down the demagogic, rhetoric, the author, Mehdi Hasan, is blaming the British people for the Manchester attack, on their so-called bigotry.  According to his insanity, people should just roll over and meekly in the face of Islamic demands. They caused this attack.

I seriously question "The Intercept" on their timing when publishing this piece of crap. Emotions are at raw edge and this pretentious, damnable publication, wants to lecture and chastise people about accepting Islam in it's most violent form.

This is what I refer to as the "extreme left". But don't worry, wasn't it the far right hero, Joe the Plumber reciting that even while they were burying dead children, about how his 2nd Amendment rights, trump those dead children.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

Islamophobia means fear of Islam. To prove there's no fear of Islam, the Brits who were holding up placards indicating their desire for inclusiveness should create a "Hug a Muslim" day, and present each family with a handy kitchen gift, a pressure cooker.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

Funny that if you say it was an Islamist terrorist attack you are a useful idiot so roll over and play dead.   It is obvious the author is the useful idiot of Islam. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    7 years ago

Blame the victims, huh? What a sick piece of trash. It's not our duty to sooth these monsters' hurt feelings. If resistance creates more recruiting, which I doubt, we just need to be even harsher in the face of this existential threat to.civilization.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

The author is a Muslim no surprise here. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

Understanding of these things is at a standstill, it seems to me.  The "patriots" blame "Muslims" , and the "left" blames Islamophobia or a lack of awareness of the causes of radicalization. I doubt if either position is "correct". 

It is fairly obvious that "Islam" is not the cause of the terror attacks, for if it were, there would be many many many many more attacks. 

Islamophobia is not the cause either, it is an effect of the attacks. 

Personally , I think terrorists are much more dysfunctional criminals, substance abusers, drunks, druggies, and social misfits than we ever acknowledge or care to see. One of the very founders of ISIS was an alcohol abuser and druggie. They are sociopaths, not religious visionaries. 

Here is an article from The Intercept (same author as a matter of fact) that goes into this some.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Personally , I think

I see little evidence to support that statement ... ever .

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

"It is fairly obvious that "Islam" is not the cause of the terror attacks, for if it were, there would be many many many many more attacks."

Can you defend that? Most smokers don't get lung cancer. If smoking caused lung cancer, there would be many more cases...