╌>

Trump overseas: Making us proud

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  123 comments

Trump overseas: Making us proud
The elegance, wisdom and class President Trump has displayed on his first foreign policy trip continues to baffle political elitists and fake news media. 1 Corinthians 1:27 comes to mind. "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise."

Trump is a man of the people who speaks like a human being. Obama spoke like an arrogant blowhard. He spoke so high above us commoners that it took Leftist professors to explain the brilliance of his oratory.

Am I the only one who has noticed President Trump's humility ever since taking office? We were told Trump's legendary ego would be a major stumbling block. But all I have seen is a man who realizes the huge responsibility placed upon his shoulders by We the People. Trump appears laser focused on winning for America.

Obama was rude to Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on several occasions and hostile towards Israel. Never have I seen Netanyahu so relaxed and smiley with a U.S. president as he has been with Trump. When Trump spoke at the Israel Museum, his words brought tears to my eyes.

"Israel is a testament to the unbreakable spirit of the Jewish people. From all parts of this great country, one message resounds, and that is the message of hope. Down through the ages, the Jewish people have suffered persecution, oppression, and even those who have sought their destruction. But, through it all, they have endured and, in fact, they have thrived. I stand in awe of the accomplishments of the Jewish people, and I make this promise to you: My administration will always stand with Israel. (Applause.) Thank you very much."

Regarding Israel, God said, "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you, I will curse..." Genesis 12:3

Trump has restored our relationship with Israel. Praise God!

The late Dr. Wayne Dyer said, "Nobody knows enough to be a pessimist." I interpreted his comment to mean there are too many unknown variables in a situation to correctly predict a negative outcome. Over the eight years of Obama, pessimists faithfully emailed calling me a naive idiot for writing and working to restore my beloved country. They said it was too late and all was lost. Obama and the Left had successfully brought down America from her throne as the world leader. Rather than our tradition of striving to be all one could be, we had become a nation of deadbeats, happy to feed on the breast of big ultra-controlling government.

No one imagined Trump, whom political elites and media regarded as the cartoon presidential candidate would win in an electoral landslide; proving pessimists wrong. This is why it is unwise to stop fighting for what is right. Leftists use the Madison Avenue advertising technique of promoting their extreme views as sophisticated and mainstream. They say our patriotic and Christianity-rooted views are backwards and racist. In reality, we are the majority and Leftists are the weirdo minority. Trump's election confirmed this truth.

Signing 90 executive orders in his first 100 days, Trump is swiftly dismantling Obama's horrific legacy. It is as if Obama's reign of terror was only our shared national nightmare that never really happened. I realize we still have a long way to go to overturn Obama's mess. But Trump has made remarkable headway.

Grasping at straws to criticize Trump and brand us hypocrites, Leftists ask why aren't we demanding that Trump use the term "radical Islamic terrorism", considering we criticized Obama for not using it.

Well, the obvious difference is Obama not only refused to name our enemy, he protected our enemy at every turn. In response to numerous Islamic terrorist attacks on U.S. soil, Obama's DOJ threatened to jail anyone caught speaking badly about Islam.

We know where Trump stands in regard to Islamic terrorism.

During his speech in what some might call the belly-of-the-beast, Saudi Arabia, Trump challenged Muslims to fight Islamic terrorism. Trump said, "Drive them out. Drive them out of your places of worship. Drive them out of your communities. Drive them out of your holy land and drive them out of this earth." Folks, that is incredibly bold, anointed, and God-inspired.

I marvel at what this unpretentious common man is achieving on our behalf on foreign soil. As always, I advise you to keep President Donald J. Trump in your prayers.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/05/trump_overseas_making_us_proud_.html#ixzz4iC37k5fj
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

It's morning in America again and Trump is making America great again.  Pride and optimism are returning here.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Pride and optimism are returning here.  

And as I'm sure you know:

Pride precedes a disaster, and an arrogant attitude precedes a fall.

-Proverbs, 16:18

And speaking of politicians who most exemplify pride-- can anyone think of the one who most embodies pride?

(Hope you don't mind me referring to the real Christianity-- not the "alternative facts Christianity" that some people here are trying to peddle!)

Krishna
Professor Expert

And speaking of politicians who most exemplify pride-- can anyone think of the one who most embodies pride?

(XX-- Hope you don't mind me referring to the real Christianity-- not the "alternative facts Christianity" that some people here are trying to peddle!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

MORE!

Proverbs 8:13
"The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverted mouth, I hate.

Proverbs 11:2
When pride comes, then comes dishonor, But with the humble is wisdom.

Proverbs 29:23
A man's pride will bring him low, But a humble spirit will obtain honor.

Jeremiah 49:16
"As for the terror of you, The arrogance of your heart has deceived you, O you who live in the clefts of the rock, Who occupy the height of the hill. Though you make your nest as high as an eagle's, I will bring you down from there," declares the LORD.

Proverbs 11:2   When pride comes, then comes shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Proverbs 29:23  A man's pride shall bring him low: but honor shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Unbelievable!

This is YUGE!

Even  in days of your (and mine) the people who dwelt in righteousness in the Land of The Lord  knew all about Donald Trump. And his extreme arrogant pride! Believe me folks...!!!!

Krishna
Professor Expert

MORE!

Proverbs 8:13
"The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverted mouth, I hate.

Proverbs 11:2
When pride comes, then comes dishonor, But with the humble is wisdom.

Proverbs 29:23
A man's pride will bring him low, But a humble spirit will obtain honor.

Jeremiah 49:16
"As for the terror of you, The arrogance of your heart has deceived you, O you who live in the clefts of the rock, Who occupy the height of the hill. Though you make your nest as high as an eagle's, I will bring you down from there," declares the LORD.

Proverbs 11:2   When pride comes, then comes shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Proverbs 29:23  A man's pride shall bring him low: but honor shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Unbelievable!

This is YUGE!

Even  in days of your (and mine) the people who dwelt in righteousness in the Land of The Lord (Peace Be Upon Him)   knew all about Donald Trump. And his extreme arrogant pride! Believe me folks...!!!!

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   Old Hermit    7 years ago

It's morning in America again and Trump is making America great again.  Pride and optimism are returning here. 

What a disgusting display this man child has put on, during this trip.

Around 60% of the country cringes in shame at the way he has acted.

Goes to the middle east and tells the despots, the strong man dictators, running those countries that America is not there to preach our values to them. 

Go ahead, beat your protesters, jail and kill your journalist, repress your citizens, women and minorities,etc.....As long as you give us hundreds of billions of dollars, it's all good.

Then goes to Brussels and berates the Democratically elected leaders of the countries that have, through NATO, helped keep Europe war free and mostly at peace since 1946 and who rallied around the USA after 9-11.

This tool of a president has acted the A-hole to our closest allies on several occasions during this trip.

Trump has proved for the 110th time, in the last 124 days, that he is not up to the job he backed into.

The American voters knew what they were doing back in Nov.  Too bad their will was overruled.

wa1fmzlkbozy.gif

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson    7 years ago

"Germany is very, very bad!

I am so-o-o-o proud!  😲

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

One of the most fascinating things on the news lately has been watching Angela Merkel's facial expressions when she's been in the same room with Trump! It seems she's trying her best to hide her look of total disgust with this moron, although sometimes her expression seems to be one of pure amazement-- that a U.S. president could actually be so incredibly stooopid!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

"Germany is very very bad"

You should be ashamed , not proud . VW Motors hoisted an enormous fraud on the rest of the world by designing cars with deceptive readings for diesel emissions . Don't you think acts of fraud should be punished ??

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Petey Coober   7 years ago

You should be ashamed , not proud . VW Motors hoisted an enormous fraud on the rest of the world by designing cars with deceptive readings for diesel emissions . 

Excellent point! Indeed-- one German car company committed fraud-- so surely all Germans are to blame.

(And in any event-- only German car companies do this-- no other auto manufacturers would do anything like this-- they wouldn't even dream of it!)

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

one German car company committed fraud

Yes , the largest & most powerful of them all . It was intentional fraud done during manufacture , not like a car dealer gypping a few customers .  Apparently this doesn't bother you ...

Krishna
Professor Expert

You should be ashamed , not proud . VW Motors hoisted an enormous fraud on the rest of the world by designing cars with deceptive readings for diesel emissions . 

Excellent point! Indeed-- one German car company committed fraud-- so surely all Germans are to blame.

(And in any event-- only German car companies do this-- no other auto manufacturers would do anything like this-- they wouldn't even dream of it!)

Krishna
Professor Expert

You should be ashamed , not proud . VW Motors hoisted an enormous fraud on the rest of the world by designing cars with deceptive readings for diesel emissions . Don't you think acts of fraud should be punished ??

Been there, done that!

Volkswagen agrees to record $14.7 billion settlement over emissions cheating

Volkswagen's deliberate cheating on emissions tests will cost it a record $14.7 billion. And that's just the start of its problems.

The settlement is only a preliminary step in the case; the automaker still faces possible criminal charges, as well as civil penalties for Clean Air Act violations. The Department of Justice is investigating possible criminal charges against both the company and individuals

(LINK)

(P.S: In case anyone missed it-- that's s $ billions. ..not millions)

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Been there, done that!

I'm not seeing that YOU have either been there nor done that . The criminal charges have not yet been applied . These issues are still to be adjudicated . A glib dismissal of "been there , done that" is an obvious dodge to attack Trump for merely mentioning potential future problems ...

Krishna
Professor Expert

"Germany is very, very bad!

As are most NATO members! 

In fact Vladimir Putin is one of the few European leaders you can trust-- as most Republicans will tell you!

(There's a bit of satire there...but sometimes I think we need to invent a new tag:   /i)

Krishna
Professor Expert

(There's a bit of satire there...but sometimes I think we need to invent a new tag:   /i)

Which could be used to indicate irony.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

As are most NATO members!

Thanks for showing that you support VW Motors' right to defraud the public . That fraud was about the largest monetary crime committed on the public . But you don't seem to be concerned about that fraud . Why is that ?

Krishna
Professor Expert

Thanks for showing that you support VW Motors' right to defraud the public

You've very welcome! Laugh

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

eek liar

If I were you I would not be so glib about acceptance of massive fraud . But I guess you've got nothing worth saying ...

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

"Germany is very, very bad!"

He forgot to add the "mmkay" at the end. It's supposed to be "Germany is very, very bad, mmkay".

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

Trump has had a very positive and productive trip for America.  

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   Old Hermit  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Trump has had a very positive and productive trip for America. 

Minerva preserve and protect us!

Our President has gotten only one thing correct since he started running.

Trump: "I Could Stand In the Middle Of Fifth Avenue And Shoot Somebody And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters"

What the majority of America thinks about his trip was enunciated by one of the officials that have to cover his weak ass with the rest of the world;

As is usually the case, top officials were left to clean up the mess.

As is usually the case, top officials were left to clean up the mess.

“Had to apologize to a European defense attaché just now. ‘I’m sorry. He’s an idiot,'” one national security official told Wall Street Journal’s Eli Stokols. The source said their European counterparts were “not in a forgiving mood” after Trump failed to explicitly endorse collective defense, especially as Russia builds up its Baltic fleet. “This is how wars get started,” the source said.

XX, for someone who claims to have not voted for Trump, who espoused that Trump was never the kind of leader you, personally could vote for I've got to say that since he beat the R's and, (thanks to an outdated quirk in the Constitution, which was misused this election based on what Hamilton had to say about the EC ), went on to become President you sure have gone full Quisling .

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

you sure have gone full Quisling .

BRAVO!!!! Well Said!!!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

applause      applause      applause      applause      applause

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

Time to invoke Godwin's law here.  Americans  who think or vote differently than progressive leftists are not in any way the equivalent of some nazi collaborator.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

Calling me a quisling is a direct personal attack on me and my character.  I red flagged this personal attack and those that repeated, applauded it.  We all know what a quisling is and it's nazi connection as well.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

The "Q" is capitalized, as in "Quisling". It's a proper name, so it's spelled with a capital letter. You're welcome for the correction.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

The appearance of the grammar and spelling nazi.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

I am not removing the comments with the word quisling, since the word is being used in it's original meaning. That being said, XX has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't want the word applied to him so the next person to use it towards him will have their comment removed for a CoC violation. 

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   Old Hermit  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

the next person to use it towards him will have their comment removed for a CoC violation.

Yes Ma'am, thank you Ma'am.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

I voted for Evan McMullin for President. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

XX, for someone who claims to have not voted for Trump, who espoused that Trump was never the kind of leader you, personally could vote for I've got to say that since he beat the R's and,  (thanks to an outdated quirk in the Constitution, which was misused this election based on what Hamilton had to say about the EC ), went on to become President you sure have gone full  Quisling .

I second that emotion!

Actually I believe XX was originally a supporter of Ted "The Lunatic" Cruz. Perhaps it would be useful to seed a few newsclips of what Cruz said about our Moron in Chief during the primaries?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

I was a supporter of Dr. Ben Carson.  After that I supported all others opposing Trump still in the running.  After Carson, I supported Carly and then Rubio.  I believe Rubio to be our present best choice after Trump is done in 8 years.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

The article is satire, right?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

There will be a reckoning over people who have blindly supported Trump. What form it will take is still unknown. Perhaps Trumpsters will end up being hard on themselves. But a reckoning will come.  The 2018 elections will be a good place for the rest of us to start, so we can get this travesty of a president removed from office. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I hope you're right, John... but I doubt it.

XX is a perfect example, trumpeting his pride in the President's foreign policy skills... while American diplomats apologize behind the scene.

Trump's faithful literally cannot see any defects in their hero. To see any such defects would be to recognize how badly they have been taken for fools. The only way to preserve their self-esteem is to ignore all of Trump's gaffes and errors. They MUST see Trump as a Great Man... or they must see that he has taken them all for idiots, and will now screw them six ways from Sunday!

Krishna
Professor Expert

Everyone who missed the pun in Bob's comment...raise your hand!

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

There will be a reckoning over people who have blindly supported Trump. 

I would imagine that by now a few have come to regret their decision. However, there is a hardcore that seems to support him "no matter what". And that "no matter what" even includes his taking positions that they oppose.

If I'm not mistaken, these "hard-core" supporters of Trump seem to be between 35%-38% of the population.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

I would imagine that by now a few have come to regret their decision. However, there is a hardcore that seems to support him "no matter what". And that "no matter what" even includes his taking positions that they oppose.

There will be no reckoning as long as democrats put forward deeply flawed candidates like Hillary who advocate sanctuary cities and transgender bathrooms while dismissing criticism out of hand as nothing more than racism, assorted phobias and/or stupidity. If that's the plan, then people will either stay home as they did the last time or re-elect Trump (if he hasn't been hanged as a war criminal) because there's no viable alternative. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

I look at it somewhat like that. It will be interesting...

On one hand, you got some people working hard to ensure a major Republican defeat (the Trump supporters-- he couldn't do much more to ensure a Republican defeat if he tried!).

OTOH, however, you got some folks working hard to ensure a Republican victory (many Democrat party leaders & elected officials seem determined to "shoot themselves in the foot").

So which side will prevail? 

God only knows (& she ain't tellin'!)

Krishna
Professor Expert

I look at it somewhat like that. It will be interesting...

On one hand, you got some people working hard to ensure a major Republican defeat (the Trump supporters-- he couldn't do much more to ensure a Republican defeat if he tried!).

OTOH, however, you got some folks working hard to ensure a Republican victory (many Democrat party leaders & elected officials seem determined to "shoot themselves in the foot").

So which side will prevail? 

God only knows (& she ain't tellin'!)

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Still up-voting your own comments , I see ...

Krishna
Professor Expert

Still up-voting your own comments , I see ...

Yup.

(Very perceptive of you actually... Happy )

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

People who never leave the Fox echo chamber are still getting favorable "reporting" about Trump, and also about the evil "main stream media" who are persecuting poor Donald. 

When Trump's policies start hurting his base, he will tell them it's the Dems' fault, and they will believe him. 

They are impervious to reality. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

supporters of Trump seem to be between 35%-38% of the population.

Only about 60% of the eligible population votes so it's hard to know the number.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

"There will be a reckoning over people who have blindly supported Trump."

Some sort of liberal pogrom? Up against the wall?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

That's likely what they have in mind for us.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

I'm happy with Trump it's the rest of Washington that needs to be cleaned out. I agree with most of his proposals and the executive orders have been good for our country. The Obamacare issue and tax reform are still in the works so optimism is still there. His budget plan is a winner and we finally have an administration that is putting the taxpayer first not pandering to the takers. We need more like him and less career politicians that are out of touch with the taxpayer. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

You have restored my faith in your talent as a performance artist, Dean. This Comment removed for skirting the CoC [ph]  requires a carefully thought-out script. 

Bravo! 

applause

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

Comment removed skirting the CoC [ph] talking down to anyone who dares to presume to disagree with your political dogma.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

Krishna
Professor Expert

Comment removed for context [ph] talking down to anyone who dares to presume to disagree with your political dogma.  

Wow-- so many big words-- so many cliches-- all rolled into one sentence!

I'm impressed!

Perhaps you are actually smarter than you appear to be...?

Krishna
Professor Expert

Comment removed skirting the CoC [ph]

Hey! How come none of my comments ever get removed for skirting the CoC?

It not fair!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

You have restored my faith in your talent as a performance artist, Dean. This much stupidity is so few words... requires a carefully thought-out script.

Yet you used even fewer words in your carefully crafted attemp to insult him while attempting to skirt the CoC. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Red flags thrown!  We shall see what happens.    

Krishna
Professor Expert

Aux barricades mes amis!

La jour de boire et arrive!

Krishna
Professor Expert

Aux barricades mes amis!

La jour de boire et arrive!

Needs more cowbell!:

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Ah, no! I was sincere with my compliment to Dean. He has been brilliantly leading us all on for so long... 

Theater of the absurd, absolutely deadpan. Buster Keaton's heir. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Ah, no! I was sincere with my compliment to Dean. He has been brilliantly leading us all on for so long... 

Praising him for packing so much stupidly into so few words is an insult not a complement. If I were to say that I admire your flexibility in bending over to kiss a cockroach's ass, am I praising your flexibility? 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

Praising him for packing so much stupidly into so few words is an insult...

You apparently did not read the whole post. (Nor did Perrie, since she deleted it.) I praised Dean for his brilliant condensation of alt-right "thinking" into such a compact form. 

(I assumed that he was writing parody, since it would not be possible for a thinking being to actually hold such beliefs.)

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

(I assumed that he was writing parody, since it would not be possible for a thinking being to actually hold such beliefs.)

A roundabout way of calling him stupid and an obvious insult.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

If I were to say that I admire your flexibility in bending over to kiss a cockroach's ass, am I praising your flexibility?

That would be pretty impressive flexibility. I know I couldn't do it. (jk)

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

That would be pretty impressive flexibility. I know I couldn't do it. (jk)

Well if you could and did, then I would urge you not to share the news with your wife.🙂

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Except, like I said, I can't, can you? If I could I would share the information with your wife. Go ahead and give it a try. I can't even touch my toes.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

Krishna
Professor Expert

Well, better Keaton's hair than the hair of The Orange One!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

buster105copy.jpg

rumphair.jpg

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton  replied to  Larry Hampton   7 years ago

Hands down Buster for sheer panache and non-crazy-person look.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Larry Hampton   7 years ago

I know I'd rather have Buster leading the country...even though he's dead.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

The Obamacare issue and tax reform are still in the works so optimism is still there. 

Optimism--or self delusion?

Be honest, Dean-- what do you think the odds are of Trumpcare passing the Senate?

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

I'm happy with Trump it's the rest of Washington that needs to be cleaned out

Would you include in that category . . .  all those Consevative Republicans in the House?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

I'm happy with Trump...

You do realize that it's an unrequited boner, right?  If not, then here's a news flash:  You have served your purpose, and Trump has no further use for you.  Do you honestly think he has your best interests at heart?  If so, please tell me exactly what he has done that has directly benefitted you in any sort of tangible way.  Has your bottom line increased because of some Trump policy?  Perhaps you are waiting for the takers who might need extra help paying their medical bills to start dropping dead so you can properly assess, and then celebrate, the savings.

And speaking of takers... 

His budget plan is a winner and we finally have an administration that is putting the taxpayer first not pandering to the takers. We need more like him and less career politicians that are out of touch with the taxpayer.

Dean, why is it so hard for you to recognize that you are pandering to the biggest taker the US has ever seen?  Donald Trump has filed for corporate bankruptcy 4 times, and you, dear taxpayer, have had to share the tab alongside the businesses and employees he screwed out of payments and paychecks.  Also, when it was pointed out during a debate that Trump created loop-holes to avoid paying federal taxes, he said, "That makes me smart."  I hate to be the bearer of bad news Dean, but you are picking up that tab, as well.  Look at it this way:  It's like loss prevention policies put in place by retail stores.  To cover the cost of stolen merchandise, they pass the expense on to their paying customers.  Trump has refused to pay his fair share, so we have been forced to pay it for him. 

In addition, who do you think is paying the millions of dollars Trump has been spending on personal golfing weekends, multiple vacation home helipad construction, and the security expenses accumulated during his children's vacations and personal business trips?  You are, that's who.

If it's true that ignorance is bliss, then your bliss can be seen from outer space.       

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

Sister, that is one of the most perfect and succinct explanations of Donald Trump and his complete like of morals and loyalty I have ever read. Only a stone cold idiot would not be able to see the truth in it. Bravo!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    7 years ago

I can't think of any president or any member of government being this embarrassing. The man is an utter buffoon !

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

The master of buffoonery was Barack Hussein Obama. 

Krishna
Professor Expert

The master of buffoonery was Barack Hussein Obama.

Link?

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

I can't think of any president or any member of government being this embarrassing. The man is an utter buffoon !

Please do not insult buffoons! I know some buffoons who, despite that handicap, are basically nice people! Wink

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

supporters of Trump seem to be between 35%-38% of the population.

Only about 60% of the eligible population votes so it's hard to know the number.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

Good point.

Those numbers were based on recent opinion polls (& were in no way indicative of how many of them would actually vote in the next election.). They merely asked approve/disapprove questions-- approve of Trump was ~ 35-38%, disapprove was somewhere in the 60%+ range.

And of course polls are often inaccurate. But based on this and also many recent news stories, it seems those disapproving of Trump's actions to date seem to be significantly more than those who approve. (And the number of Republicans who now disapprove of Trump seems to be slowly but steadily rising-- many Conservatives are not exactly big fans of Putin-- and many don't like a lot of his excessive  spending plans....without any workable ways to bring in more money).

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

An approval/disapproval poll doesn't mean much. In these times, the question is not whether you approve or disapprove of Trump but, if you disapprove, would you would vote for Trump anyway or just stay home if the alternative were Hillary Clinton or someone like her. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

I agree, he does give Buffoons a bad name.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

I would like to thank the participants to this article for the entertaining read. I was going to read a book, but luckily decided to weave my way through the threads of commentary attached to this article.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

May I suggest "The God Delusion" by Dr Richard Dawkins. Excellent read.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

Dawkins is totally misinformed and fails both in reason and science in that ridiculous book. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

It's a shame you are not up to his level to understand him. But then again I doubt you have even read it.

Krishna
Professor Expert

Comment removed skirting the CoC [ph]

Hey! How come none of my comments ever get removed for skirting the CoC?

It not fair!

Krishna
Professor Expert

Dawkins is totally misinformed and fails both in reason and science in that ridiculous book. 

???

If you dislike Dawkins so much-- how come you read that book?

Krishna
Professor Expert

???

If you dislike Dawkins so much-- how come you read that book?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Buzz,

You're being sarcastic, right? 

😆

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

Come on guys. You know the song. "Girls, Ooops, sorry, I mean: Old men just like to have fun." LOL

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    7 years ago

The world is complicated and our economies are interconnected. I thought Obama was thoughtful but his foreign policy was muddled and ineffective. Trump is reckless, at least in language, and his approach to foreign policy (much like his campaign) seems to be to say whatever is on his mind (ignoring advisers) and see what happens . . . then he walks it back if necessary. That makes him a wild card because nobody has any idea what he will say or do next. My guess is that the world will change him before he changes the world and everything will essentially stay the same. Trump may talk shit but his personal wealth is bound up in an interconnected world economy that he depends on to make money. It's an apple cart he'll hesitate to upset and, indirectly, provides some comfort to the rest of us that he won't burn the place down. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

My guess is that his recklessness will lead us into an unnecessary war where 10's of thousands of people will die, just because of his mouth and inexperience. He will, in effect, murder them.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Hug his money and you'll be safe. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

As the Russian investigation closes in on him he will start a war with North Korea just to draw attention away from the investigation, no matter how many innocent people have to die to do it. He really is that evil.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

The Russian investigation will find dirt on Clinton and Obama.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates

NONSENSE

Krishna
Professor Expert

Link? 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

... and it will be benign in comparison to anything the Trump campaign engaged in, but will be hoisted up by the right and endlessly paraded around to try and drown out the opposition.

Krishna
Professor Expert

The world is complicated and our economies are interconnected. I thought Obama was thoughtful but his foreign policy was muddled and ineffective. Trump is reckless, at least in language, and his approach to foreign policy (much like his campaign) seems to be to say whatever is on his mind (ignoring advisers) and see what happens.

Obama thoughtful, Trump reckless.

Actually much of the criticism of the two is directed at those traits-- Obama accused of being too thoughtful, Trump of being too reckless.

I am always curious about the psychology of people-- of what makes them tick. And while we usually don't think of him that way, I see Obama as a sort of "intellectual type", actually. He is very thoughtful--- really wants to delve into something in depth before acting. (I'm not judging this as good or bad-- just observing what I believe to be tr

Interestingly, I see Trump as not only different, but in many ways the opposite-- he doesn't like to delve into things in depth-- doesn't like to think about things much at all. His style is leap ahead-- act often without thinking. Often as soon as he gets a hunch-- he acts! But part of his style is after "leaping"-- he then tries to fix it. (If done wisely this can often produce fairly good results). Of course in some matters it just doesn't work-- especially as president.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Obama succeeded in his profession by being a thoughtful deep thinker. He's primarily an intellectual so that's what he brought to the White House. His instincts as a lawyer made him cautious and risk averse. 

Trump, on the other hand, is an anti-intellectual because being a deep thinker won't help him rake in money hand over fist. He's used to gambling, bluffing, and striking while the "iron is hot." Acting by instinct made him rich while the intellectuals played it safe and just made a salary. So that's the skill he brings to the White House. To him risk is just part of the game. He is disinclined to take advice from people who, if if they knew as much as they thought they did, would be president or rich like him. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Interesting perspective.  You make some good points.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates

To him risk is just part of the game. He is disinclined to take advice from people who, if if they knew as much as they thought they did, would be president or rich like him.

However two points. First of all that risk, while it may work well in real estate (though he keeps going bankrupt), may well lead to an unnecessary war in which 100,000+ innocent people will likely die. His type of risk makes for exceptionally dangerous foreign policy. As in "Russian" roulette foreign policy. Sooner or later he is going to shoot America in the head with his risk taking.

Secondly he does not listen to advice from anyone else except himself. He needs a David Gergen type Chief of Staff to take control of the chaos that is reigning in this completely out of control White House. He needs an adult CoS that he respects and who can, metaphorically, grab him by the collar and tell him to grow the fuck up. Right now he is surrounded by nothing but sycophants. Scared sycophants who are updating their resumes.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    7 years ago

This can't go on. He will be gone in less than a year.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

I agree. Flynn is itching to turn on him and I think that, given the chance, Kushner will too. The Trumps and the Kushners are both Cobras and one will strike at the other sooner or later to try to save themselves