╌>

Two U.S. senators from different sides of the aisle are overheard discussing trump's mental health --- "He's crazy"said one. "I'm worried" the other said

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  9 comments

Two U.S.  senators from different sides of the aisle are overheard discussing trump's mental health --- "He's crazy"said one. "I'm worried" the other said

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) was caught on a hot mic on Tuesday expressing concern over President Trump's mental health and questioning his understanding of the budget process.

In a conversation with Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.), the Maine Republican said of the president's budget proposal that “whenever there was a grant, they just X-ed it out, with no metric, no thinking about it, no nothing. I mean it’s just incredibly irresponsible.”

President Trump's budget proposal eliminated a slew of grants that provided welfare and social service support, such as the Community Development Block Grant.

Reed responded to Collins by saying, of Trump: “He’s crazy.”

Collins can be heard quietly saying, “I'm worried.”

Reed, who is also the ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, expressed concern about how failure to strike a spending deal would ultimately harm the defense budget.

“If we don’t get a budget deal, we’re going to be paralyzed with DOD,” Reed says, referring to the Department of Defense.

Without a new spending deal, the defense budget would top out at $549 billion for the next fiscal year because of the Budget Control Act (BCA), which imposed spending ceilings on agencies. That’s below current spending levels and more than $70 billion less than what has been approved by the House Budget Committee.

“I don’t even think he knows that there is a BCA,” Collins says, before the two continue talking about recent appearances Trump made at the USS Gerald R. Ford, in which he called on Congress to pass a budget.

The audio was streamed following the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development approved its spending bill for 2018, sending it to the full committee. Collins is the chairman of the committee, and Reed is the ranking member. 

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/343642-senators-mock-trump-on-hot-mic

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Donald Trump has never made a statement in an interview, or in any other venue where we could be sure it was his own words, that indicates he has detailed understanding of ANY of the issues that cross his desk every day.

We have a mentally disturbed ignoramus leading our country. Astonishingly, many people , particularly on the right, see nothing wrong with this.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

Collins is one of the Rinos that is was holding up the repeal. The sooner we kick her out and replace with a good strong freedom caucus man the better. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Dean, can you find us a single interview , or non teleprompter speech, where Donald Trump exhibits a detailed understanding of anything pertaining to his role as president of the United States.  I don't believe any such evidence even exists.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

The sooner we kick her out and replace with a good strong freedom caucus man the better.

Would you mind if I called you a dick-head for posting that really shitty anti-woman comment?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

No I would not mind. I'm not one of those thin skinned emos.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

Would you mind if I called you a dick-head for posting that really shitty anti-woman comment?

Bravo!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

This is a perfect spot to post one of my late father's favourite jokes (and it is on topic).

Before the days of mobile phones a man was driving through the remote countryside to a very important meeting, and just as he was passing a big stone building behind big walls he came to a stop outside the locked gate, having just got a flat tire. He noticed that the building was a Psychiatric Facility (known at that time as an insane asylum). He got out of the car, opened the trunk, got out the spare tire and the tools, jacked up the car, took off the hub cap and put it on the ground upside down and put in it the nuts he took off the wheel, removed the flat tire wheel and just as he reached for the spare he accidently kicked the hub cap and the nuts flew out and all dropped into a sewer.

"Oh my God! What am I going to do?" he cried out. 

A voice from behind the gate said: "You got yourself a problem, eh buddy?"

He answered, "Yes, I really do. Have you got access to a phone?"

"No, but I can tell you what to do. Just take one nut off each of your other three wheels and put them on that one and you can drive away."

"Wow. Good thinking. Are you staff here?"

"No, I'm a patient." 

"You're a PATIENT?" 

"Oh yes. I may be CRAZY, but I'm not STUPID."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Not a bad story.

I guess you are trying to say Trump may be crazy but not stupid.

How would we know?

In a conversation with Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.), the Maine Republican said of the president's budget proposal that “whenever there was a grant, they just X-ed it out, with no metric, no thinking about it, no nothing. I mean it’s just incredibly irresponsible.”

Buzz, is Trump responsible for the content of his budget proposal, or should we let him blame it on someone else?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

"I guess you are trying to say Trump may be crazy but not stupid."

Not at all. I just thought it was a perfect spot for that joke.

"Buzz, is Trump responsible for the content of his budget proposal, or should we let him blame it on someone else?"

I don't know enough to answer that, so I won't even hazard a guess.