╌>

Scandal and the Trump Administration: It Has To End

Category:  News & Politics

By:  docphil  •  6 years ago  •  128 comments

Scandal and the Trump Administration: It Has To End

I know that conservative republicans believe that the Democratic administration under Barack Obama was scandal ridden and corrupt. Fortunately, every investigation, at every level has proven the opposite. The Obama administration was one of the most honest and ethical administrations in the past century. 

I will be the first person to admit that the administration was far from perfect. It was not strong enough in it's pursuit of Russia's meddling into American affairs. It set too many lines in the sand that the administration then allowed to be crossed without effective retaliation. The Obama administration lay down, as has every presidential administration, with Wall Street and big money. They certainly weren't persistent enough in insuring that his supreme court nominee, Merritt Garland was given a fair shake once he was nominated. These were all policy errors, but were not scandals. The right would like people to believe that Benghazi was scandalous. It wasn't. It was investigated, reinvestigated, and then investigated again. There was never one indication that anything that happened in that location was scandalous or negligent in any way. It was a great loss, but a loss that is part and parcel of being part of the foreign service. 

Through all of this, there was never an allegation of moral digression against the Obamas. The President acted as a paragon for family men and parents throughout the world. His wife and children were excellent examples of a first family.

This brings us to the current administration. We are fourteen months into the presidency of Donald Trump, and the scandals are piling on every day. Whether it is former members of the Trump inner circle pleading guilty to felonies, or cabinet members being forced to resign because they illegally used taxpayer money for travel or office decorations. Whether it is that judicial nominees are being found to be unqualified at a record rate or the on-going investigation of Robert Mueller or the continued investigation of the administration by the Senate. The scandals keep on coming. The president himself remains deeply embroiled in a continued and seemingly never ending series of sex scandals.

This administration cannot keep people in the white house and can't even find attorneys to competently represent the president in possible civil and criminal actions. The administration can't even nominate enough qualified applicants to fill the major departments of government. All we see is an administration where the rich are getting richer and the empathy for most Americans is sadly lacking.

This administration is wearing thin on the collective morality and psyche of this nation. People realize that the only time the President lies is when he opens his mouth or types a tweet. There does appear to be a decreasing appetite for the ongoing scandal of this administration.

And yet, Mr. Trump's core supporters remain loyal and unwilling to recognize his shortcomings. A nation is only as great as its people. It's people are only as great as their willingness to speak up and act against leaders that are contrarian to American ideals. A president that equates peaceful protesters in Charlottesville with American Nazis; one who places guns and the NRA over the lives of our school children does not represent America at it's best. The time has come for everyone, left and right to stand up and demand a moral and honest president. If the one in office can't do that job, he should step down before we have to go through the disgrace of having him impeached. For that day is coming, whether or not Mr. Trump believes that he is above the law.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
1  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

Candidate Trump said he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot someone... and not lose a single supporter. Today's nutzoid right is immune to reality.

I agree with everything you say here. Your judgement of Obama is pretty close to mine, although I would insist that his failure to confront the Republicans over judicial nominations will be his biggest black mark in the history books.

I agree...

... but then, so do sixty-odd percent of all Americans.

So... your article cannot reach Trump's Unthinking Faithful TM, and only repeats what everyone else already knows. To whom are you addressing it?

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
1.1  author  DocPhil  replied to  Bob Nelson @1    6 years ago

sometimes its just important to vent with the truth.......I keep looking at much of the crap that gets posted by the right and just feel that those who are rational have to occasionally read an opinion piece that isn't full of Trumpian and Faux News lies.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  DocPhil @1.1    6 years ago
sometimes its just important to vent with the truth.......

True... sigh..

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  DocPhil @1.1    6 years ago

It is nice to read something from sane folks like yourself

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  cjcold  replied to  Bob Nelson @1.1.1    6 years ago

Been wanting to stop being polite to far right wing fascists for awhile now.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @1.1.3    6 years ago

Pretty sure that fascist corporate employees don't deserve the respect here that the rest of us do.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.2  lennylynx  replied to  Bob Nelson @1    6 years ago

That was the truest thing Trump ever said.  My complaints about Obama were the Bushian 'surge' he tried in Afghanistan and was really pissed off when he caved on ending the Bush tax cuts.  I called him "Oballess" for a month after that.  Happy

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  lennylynx @1.2    6 years ago

I still don't like the health care system he put in place. It's not even health "care". It was a gimme to the insurance companies and didn't do a damn thing to bring down medical or drug costs

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.1    6 years ago
It's not even health "care". It was a gimme to the insurance companies and didn't do a damn thing to bring down medical or drug costs

It was the very first bit of real federal regulation over the private insurance industry, something which was needed because red states in particular tend to have inadequate regulation.    Baby steps but important ones.    And it did do quite a bit to control the increase of premium costs.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  cjcold  replied to  Skrekk @1.2.2    6 years ago

Nothing can bring down medical costs.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2.4  Skrekk  replied to  cjcold @1.2.3    6 years ago

"Control costs" is the better phrase and that's what single payer would do.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @1.2.4    6 years ago

Democrats don't want single-payer.

That is why they passed Obamacare instead of single-payer.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
1.2.6  Randy  replied to  Skrekk @1.2.4    6 years ago
"Control costs" is the better phrase and that's what single payer would do.

I agree. Single payer is the way to go. The political climate was not right for it before so we had to compromise, but it is getting there. And we already have the mechanism and structure in place with a version of Medicare for all. As a first step.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2.7  Skrekk  replied to  Randy @1.2.6    6 years ago

What many people forget is that programs like Medicare, Medicaid and SS didn't pop into existence overnight, they took decades to evolve into what they are today.   Same thing with Canada's health care system....it started out very small and has evolved since the mid 1980s, and it's still managed at the province level.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @1.2.7    6 years ago

We can barely afford Medicare and Medicaid today, and by 2030 we will be really stretching to pay for it all. Adding millions and million more will just hasten the demise of Medicare.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
1.2.9  Randy  replied to  Skrekk @1.2.7    6 years ago
Same thing with Canada's health care system....it started out very small and has evolved since the mid 1980s, and it's still managed at the province level.

And the same thing has to happen with single payer. If we try to implement it all at once we'll never be able to afford it and it will crash and burn. We need to phase it in over a long period of time, perhaps even as long as two or three decades and I think we need to experiment with it at the state level first to see what works the best, before taking it national. It needs to take a long and dedicated effort, but I have no doubt that we are at least as smart of a nation as every other industrialized nation in the world who has some form of single payer and that we can do to it also and even do it better!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Skrekk @1.2.7    6 years ago

"1966 - Pearson minority government [in Canada] creates a national public health care program with Ottawa paying 50% of provincial health costs. Prior to this point, doctors charged whatever they wanted and bankruptcy to pay for health care was common. Now citizens would receive portable, comprehensive and universal access to necessary physician and hospital services, regardless of ability to pay."

It has evolved and improved since then. I've had 2 hospital operations since 1972 - never paid a cent.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
1.2.11  Randy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.10    6 years ago

I've had 2 hospital operations since 1972 - never paid a cent.

As it should be in the U.S. And we here in the States need to slowly transfer our health care system over to something like that. Of course the for profit health care system in this country is deeply entrenched and has huge lobbies and will fight to the death, but there really is no other way to get health care cost under control in America.

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.12  author  DocPhil  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.5    6 years ago

The reality is that the democrats understand that single payer is ultimately the way to go. They are also realists and economic pragmatists, and knew that you just couldn't move from an entirely privately based system to a single payer system in one fell swoop without chaos ensuing. They also were facing a republican party that didn't and still doesn't want to move an inch away from the traditional model.

Sooner or later we will move to a single payer system just like everyone else in the civilized world. It will be gradual and the states will be the laboratories for that change, but the change will inevitably come. You can only hold back a rising tide for so long.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.13  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Randy @1.2.11    6 years ago

Hey Randy,

Check out the seed I just posted about socialized medicine.

Buzz

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  DocPhil @1.2.12    6 years ago

it never mattered what the GOP wanted--Democrats held the majority and passed what they wanted.

If they wanted single-payer, they should have passed that instead of Obamacare.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

There was never one indication that anything that happened in that location was scandalous or negligent in any way

You should read the reports and retract that statement. It's brazenly untrue, almost Orwellian.

ometimes its just important to vent with the truth.. 

Ironic, given the statement above. 

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
2.1  author  DocPhil  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    6 years ago

Show me one indictment or guilty finding.  The accusations are a figment of the imagination of the right. You guys just won't stop the baseless attacks.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  DocPhil @2.1    6 years ago

Show me one indictment or guilty finding. 

That's how you move a goal post!

You go from the indefensible claim that "there was no indication of negligence," to the completely different standard of "no criminal conviction." 

I hope you now admit that your claim that there was no indication of negligence is false.  

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.2  author  DocPhil  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.1    6 years ago

There was no negligence. An ambassador went to an under defended outpost against the recommendations of his superiors and the military. He and his military detail paid the ultimate price. Deaths happen every day in foreign service. Case closed.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  DocPhil @2.1.2    6 years ago
There was no negligence.

Skirting the CoC [ph] Apparently, you still have farther to go. To make such an assertion in the face of BIPARTISAN Congressional reports detailing negligent acts prior to, during and after the terrorist attack is bad enough. But common sense will tell you mistakes were made when such a massive clusterfuck occurs at every level and we lose an Ambassador in the line of duty for only the 7th time in 200 plus years.

I also wonder if you even know what negligence means.  I honestly can't believe anyone who knows a thing about what happened  would claim no mistakes were made. It's simply too absurd. n   It's like watching a guy kill someone in his car because he was looking at the radio instead of watching the road and then stating publicly, "No negligence here, people die in cars every day." 

Deaths happen every day in foreign service. 

Skirting the CoC [ph] First, 7 Ambassadors in the history of the country is not "Every day."  But let's expand it to the all Americans in the employ of the State Department.  Since it happens "every day" there should be approximately 88,000 diplomatic employees who've lost their lives in American history.  In reality, the American Foreign Services Association lists 248 since the first was lost at sea before the Constitution was even signed. Seriously, your fake facts aren't even plausible. 

Again, people ACTUALLY die in car accidents every day. And Drivers are negligent every day. The fact that people die every day in accidents (ponder that word) doesn't have anything to do with whether a driver was negligent or not. What a bizarre claim that is. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
2.1.4  Randy  replied to  DocPhil @2.1.2    6 years ago
There was no negligence. An ambassador went to an under defended outpost against the recommendations of his superiors and the military. He and his military detail paid the ultimate price. Deaths happen every day in foreign service. Case closed.

He was a brave man known for taking chances who was caught in a no win situation because he took too big of a chance one too many times and was too far out of reach of help. I honor his service to his country, but there was no fault in his death other then his own.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  sixpick  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.3    6 years ago

Old Doc is analyzing you Sean.  I'd do it, but I'm too biased.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  sixpick @2.1.5    6 years ago

One of the things that I find most interesting about this site is that it allows me a window into an alien world, where some damaged individuals place  devotion to the Democratic party and Barack Obama in particular before reason, integrity or reality. It's like a seeing the inner workings of a cult, where the members are so invested in the cult leader that any fact , no matter how accurate, must be treated as heresy if it someone outside the cult uses it to diminish the cult leader. Sure, among themselves, they may whisper that Obama is just too nice or too smart for the imperfect world. But any criticism that comes from outside the circle of  true believers, Republicans, rational Democrats etc... must be denied, no matter how objectively true. Thus any fact, no matter how well documented, cannot be accepted if a Republican advances it.  Witness the gob smacking attempt to deny any negligence of the administration complete with made up facts.   

That the administration was negligent in its handling of Benghazi is accepted by all those not in the cult. Even Democratic Congressmen, Hillary Clinton and the State Department itself all admit mistakes were made and even brag about all the changes they've made to ensure it won't happen again. This should be obvious, but changes aren't made to fix a perfectly operating system.  The laundry list of mistakes admitted to by the State Department and pointed out by Democratic Congressman conclusively demonstrate any number of negligent acts prior to the terrorist attack. And that, of course, doesn't even touch the fact that senior administration officials and the President told the American public, falsely, that the attack arose out of a protesters demonstrating about  a movie for weeks afterwards before correcting the record.. Negligent is the charitable word to describe those misstatements, the alternative is they lied.  Of course, they'll just blame the dead Ambassador for misleading the American public too.  

It's simply fascinating that the Obama worshipers are willing to cling to a crazy position in the face of united opposition from  Democratic Congressmen and the Obama administration itself.  I understand why Congressmen tell partisan lies, they have a paycheck on the line and need to keep their party happy. But why the loons will destroy their credibility and go even farther into the land of make believe facts than partisan hack Congressmen is beyond me. Unlike Congressman, they don't get a pay check  to look ridiculous, but maybe the shared sense of belonging that comes from suspending rational thought that comes from membership in the Church of Obama is enough compensation for losing their integrity. 

So on the one hand you have me aligned with common sense, Democratic Congressman, The State Department, etc, vs the Obama cultists, who will happily scapegoat a dead man rather than admit that the chosen one made mistakes. It's always interesting to see the Obama cult in action and this thread sure doesn't disappoint. 

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.7  author  DocPhil  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.6    6 years ago

Funny that you never see the criticisms of Obama either in this article or in others. All you do is rant about how blind we are the former president's faults. Then you go ahead and project your blind allegiance to Trump. That's  fine. Like I said, we all need a little self  therapy and a place to vent. Go for it.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  DocPhil @2.1.7    6 years ago
you never see the criticisms of Obama either in this article or in others.

Right, as I said, the Obama is too nice, too moderate and too honest "criticisms."  But when it comes to admitting, like Congressional Democrats did, that the administration made mistakes in Benghazi, Skirting the CoC [ph] Just blame it all on the dead Ambassador and avoid reality at all costs to ensure the sanctity of your bubble.

Then you go ahead and project your blind allegiance to Trump

Talk about Projecting! I'm not a Trump voter and I think he's a buffoon. I have no problem admitting his mistakes, but I push back when others invent them. Since I live in the real world and restrict my arguments to known facts, I guess that's evidence of "blind allegiance" to Trump to the true liberal believers, who apparently view any sort of attachment to reason and objectively proven facts as as anathema.

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.9  author  DocPhil  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.8    6 years ago

Look, you and I can view Benghazi differently. The final report may have been critical but it didn't state negligence or a crime being committed. It did lead to a reorganization of how we approached both the staffing, movement, and military presence of our embassies around the world. That was long needed and the fault of every administration since Eisenhower, democrat or republican. 

My views on Benghazi are fairly well encapsulated by this section of the report in the New York Times the day after the House select committee issued their report.

".........Democrats on the committee complained that they had been excluded from decisions on the report, and noted that the Benghazi investigation had dragged on longer than the inquiries into the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks; the assassination of President John F. Kennedy; the attack on Pearl Harbor; and the response to Hurricane Katrina.

In the most dramatic confrontation over the two years of the investigation, Mrs. Clinton testified before the committee for more than eight hours in October. The hearing was widely perceived to have backfired on Republicans, as she answered their questions and coolly deflected their attacks. By the time of her testimony, Mrs. Clinton had already taken responsibility for the State Department’s handling of the attacks.

Previous investigations concluded that State Department officials had erred in not better securing the diplomatic compound amid reports of a deteriorating security situation. But they also determined that the attacks had come with little warning and that it would have been difficult to intervene once they had begun.

The investigations generally concluded that after the attack, the Obama administration’s talking points were flawed but not deliberately misleading.

The Pentagon had no forces that could be readily sent to Benghazi when the crisis began. The closest AC-130 gunship was in Afghanistan. There were no armed drones within range of Libya. There was no Marine expeditionary unit, a large seaborne force with its own helicopters, in the Mediterranean Sea.

The Africa Command also did not have on hand a force able to respond rapidly to emergencies. Every other regional command had one at the time. The Pentagon was caught unprepared for this type of crisis.

On the night of the attacks, the Pentagon was able to divert an unarmed Predator drone operating 90 miles away to Benghazi, and the C.I.A. later used it to help plan an escape route for the surviving Americans. But other military forces were too far away or could not be mobilized in time, military commanders have said.

The unclassified version of an independent 2012 report, headed by Thomas R. Pickering, a former diplomat, concluded that “there simply was not enough time, given the speed of the attacks, for armed U.S. military assets to have made a difference.”

But that report did not address whether it would have been prudent to station quick-reaction forces in the region, a step the Pentagon has since taken.

At a news conference at the Capitol on Tuesday, Mr. Gowdy praised as heroes the Americans who died in the attacks on Sept. 11, 2012. They included Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and Sean Smith, a State Department information officer, who were killed at the main American diplomatic compound in Benghazi by a mob of militia fighters who had been incited by an American-made video deriding the Prophet Muhammad. The fighters were apparently further inflamed by news of an assault on the American Embassy in Cairo.

Two other Americans, Tyrone S. Woods and Glen A. Doherty, who were contractors for the C.I.A., died later when a separate annex run by the agency was hit by mortars. The attacks spanned about eight hours.

At the time the select committee was created, there had been at least seven congressional inquiries into the Benghazi attacks in addition to the State Department’s review, with all of them reaching much the same conclusion.

Mr. Gowdy urged Americans to read all 800 pages of the report. “You can read this report from pillar to post in less time than our fellow Americans were under attack in Benghazi,” he said."

Now we can agree to disagree, but what I see here is a failure in military strategy and deployment. That, unfortunately, happens too frequently in wartime situations and leads to one side winning or losing a battle. We've never had a military situation where some strategy and deployment mistakes weren't made. Soldiers and their leaders are human and make human errors in planning. That, to me is not negligence.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.1.10  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.6    6 years ago
That the administration was negligent in its handling of Benghazi is accepted by all those not in the cult. Even Democratic Congressmen, Hillary Clinton and the State Department itself all admit mistakes were made and even brag about all the changes they've made to ensure it won't happen again.

It was investigated my REPUBLICANS 9 times. NINE.....TIMES. Your wet dream that was Benghazi was nothing more than a tragic terrorist attack. PERIOD. Nothing more. Amb. Stevens, (may he RIP), was told not to go because the area was NOT safe. He went anyway and he paid the price for it. The right was so desperate to find something...ANYTHING to get Hillary, they literally got to the point where they were investigating shit overheard around the water cooler in the staff lounge. Look, you LOST, it's over. Benghazi never was anything but a taxpayer funded smear campaign. If Trump had been vetted HALF as much as Hillary was, he would have been in prison years ago. After 9 investigations, you ended up with what? A couple of emails that if you spin it hard enough, MIGHT have been a misdemeanor at best? Is Hillary in prison? No. Did the republicans ever even CHARGE her with a crime? No. Was she ever arrested? No. Nine investigations and you ended up with nothing but 450 million dollars wasted on nine investigations, an 11 hour long live tv interrogation, and two year long FBI investigations....not one charge. But you say it was all mishandled? Um, which time? Seriously...investigating the same thing that many times REEKS of DESPERATION and insanity. But you want MOAR investigations? LMFAO!!!!!

The day Hillary said she was running for president, I said, back on NV that win or lose, the investigations would stop. Why? No need to run a smear campaign against her if she lost. And guess what? The investigations DID stop, which proves that it never was anything but a smear campaign. But, look at the bright side? If this investigation into the trump/putin crime syndicate fails? We get 8 more tries.... Fair is fair! laughing dude

(A slightly dated meme)

IMG_20170225_140016.jpg

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.1.11  MrFrost  replied to  DocPhil @2.1.9    6 years ago

What ever happened to Trey "I get my hair styled at Dairy Queen" Gowdy? Did he ever get Hillary's boot print off of his forehead? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  DocPhil @2.1.9    6 years ago
The final report may have been critical but it didn't state negligence or a crime being committed.

I'm not sure how you are defining negligence, but its simply a failure to take proper care under the circumstances.  Specific intent to do harm or willful recklessness is not required for negligence in the ordinary sense. 

For instance, the bipartisan Senate intelligence Committee Report contains numerous findings of negligent actions, such as: ""The State Department should have increased its security posture more significantly in Benghazi based on the deteriorating security situation on the ground and [intelligence community] threat reporting on the prior attacks against westerners in Benghazi."  That's the textbook definition of negligence. They had a duty to provide security and failed to respond appropriately to the circumstances on the ground. I could go on and on with similar examples.  From your own link: "The Africa Command also did not have on hand a force able to respond rapidly to emergencies. Every other regional command had one at the time. The Pentagon was caught unprepared for this type of crisis."  Again, being caught unprepared is textbook negligence.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.10    6 years ago
 A couple of emails that if you spin it hard enough, MIGHT have been a misdemeanor at best? Is Hillary in prison? Ne

Why are you replying to me? Did I ever claim there was criminal behavior? Is this just your standard cut and paste when someone triggers you by mentioning that scary word, Benghazi? 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.1.14  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.13    6 years ago

It's a public forum, I can reply to who I like. Are you triggered? Did you not like being put in your place? Need a comfort puppy? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.14    6 years ago

Of course you can reply to me.  It's just that  people usually post something responsive to what I wrote. 

You seem to be carrying on a conversation with some imaginary person and I don't want to get in the way.  Carry on. 

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
2.1.16  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.12    6 years ago
That's the textbook definition of negligence.

You mean the rightwing propaganda manual definition.

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
2.1.17  Raven Wing  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.14    6 years ago

Or maybe one of these....

BABY PACIFIER.jpg

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Sean Treacy  replied to  Raven Wing @2.1.17    6 years ago

OH Raven, the new COC is going to so tough on you. 

If you can't  act like a partisan hack and have to stop with the personal and indirect attacks, what are you going to do?  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Sean Treacy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.1.16    6 years ago
ou mean the rightwing propaganda manual definition.

Deleted Skirting {SP}

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.20  author  DocPhil  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.12    6 years ago

We  can keep disagreeing on semantics. I don't see this as negligence. To me it is poor military strategizing. Did the military screw up in their strategy, I'll concede that.....they corrected the problem. That is what the military does. Bad strategy happens without negligence......it just happens. If it happens again, then it is negligence.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Sean Treacy  replied to  DocPhil @2.1.20    6 years ago
We  can keep disagreeing on semantics.

Obviously, we will disagree but your definition is simply wrong.  It's not semantics.  The difference between calling a broken arm a broken arm and cancer isn't a semantic dispute if someone persists in calling a broken arm, cancer. Words have meanings. You've redefined the word to a necessitate a higher standard than reality requires:

f it happens again, then it is negligence.

That's simply not true. There is no "one free mistake" component to the definition of negligence. 

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.22  author  DocPhil  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.21    6 years ago
........Democrats on the committee complained that they had been excluded from decisions on the report......
You argue bipartisanship......that is semantics....the democrats were excluded from decision making....this was a conservative witchhunt......I was trying to give you and the other conservatives a graceful way out of this attempted lynching of Secretary Clinton.....so, no semantics.....just right wing vitriol. OK.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    6 years ago

How many indictments of Obama's staff in eight years? None. 0.

Trump? 4, so far. 17 if you count the russian trolls that were helping trump win the election.......in ONE year. 

But yea, Obama was far more corrupt... [eye roll]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @2.2    6 years ago
but yea, Obama was far more corrupt.

Keep arguing with that imaginary poster!

Junior Participates
2.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.1    6 years ago
Keep arguing with that imaginary poster!

You're an imaginary being?  That explains a lot of the nonsense coming out of your imaginary NT account.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    6 years ago

When a well organized propaganda campaign creates an electoral fluke in favor of a low bar minority the only result to be expected is corruption.

Trump scandal must end?  It can't end.  America has acquiesced.  There is no going back.  Turn The Statue of Liberty into scrap.  Be done with it.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  bbl-1 @3    6 years ago

Trumps presidency will end in about 6 and a half years. Then you will have another Republican president to kick around. Hanging loose

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.1  author  DocPhil  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    6 years ago

Keep dreaming. Every one is entitled to their own fantasyland. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.2  lennylynx  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    6 years ago

Still jonesing, huh Gregger?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  DocPhil @3.1.1    6 years ago
Keep dreaming. Every one is entitled to their own fantasyland.

funny,, you said the same thing to me about trump being elected in the first place... LOL

note: everything I ever told you would happen?? did happen without fail.

trump will be re-elected (no doubt)

write that down = it will be on the test :)

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    6 years ago
Trumps presidency will end in about 6 and a half years. Then you will have another Republican president to kick around.

The only people that will vote for trump again are people that like The Jerry Springer Show. People like that LOVE to see chaos and childish behavior. In other words, your average trump supporter. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
4  Randy    6 years ago

My wife keeps asking when is Mueller going to come forward with all he knows because she, like myself, believe that what we know is only a very tiny tip of the iceberg of the evidence he has on Trump. However I keep telling her that she has to be patient because Trump still has a near brainwashed base and that he has to put together an overwhelming, solid, bulletproof case that will make even them realize how corrupt he really is and what a Russian asset for his handler Putin he really is.The revelation the Manafort and Gates knowingly were in contact with a Russian Intelligence Officer while working for Trump is another very big brick in the wall of the case Mueller is building.

Then there is the other angle, a more complicated one, of Trump's business dealings, in the New York real estate market and internationally and probable money laundering with Russian Oligarchs. Mueller has some of the best investigators in the world working on that and with their subpoenaing of bank records from Deutsche Bank (known around the world by the super rich, Oligarchs and drug lords as the bank to launder money in) of Trump and Kushner records show that they are hot on that trail too and it's only a matter of time before they dig up the rot on that end too.

Then again he is currently in hiding because of a porn star and might actually be taken down by his own screwing around. That would be rich and deserving!

Still, if you are going to prove enough to impeach a GOP President, with the number of Republicans in Congress, even if the Democrats take back the House this fall, then the evidence has to be indisputable and undeniable and perhaps even indictable. By his actions it is obvious that Putin has something on Trump that he is blackmailing him with. If it's personal or financial or (more likely) both, until we find out what it is, he is the most dangerous man in America against our Democracy and the biggest threat to our Nation's future.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1  MrFrost  replied to  Randy @4    6 years ago
she, like myself, believe that what we know is only a very tiny tip of the iceberg of the evidence he has on Trump.

Exactly right Randy..

IMG_20171031_084533.jpg

freepress
Freshman Silent
5  freepress    6 years ago

Why did any voter think that Trump would act any differently than he has for the last 50 years? He has always been a scandal ridden mess. 

From his sexual escapades to actual assault, and so many women out there who were silenced with money or NDA's that will never, ever come forward in addition to the women who are coming forward.

His scandal ridden marriages, his many bankruptcies, his failure to pay workers or contracts, his failure to pay his own lawyers, his outrageous TV shows and interviews, the list could go on forever and that is just the stuff that happened  before he took office.

Trump is not making America great, he is deliberately dragging America down to his level. Think about that.

Trump chose Bannon because they intended to tear apart the Republican party, tear apart our government, tear it all down. And this tsunami of destruction all because they want to create the bigoted America they remember back in the 1950's.

Every single solitary thing they do and every appointee was chosen to tear it down and make it 1950 again so all these old geezers could feel comfortable again. Failing to remotely understand that it was them supporting Republicans who glad handed each other creating the mess we see today.

Whether it was Bush and his unpaid for wars and economic collapse or whether it was every red state electing a Republican who took campaign donations from businessmen who wanted cheap labor. 

So now that they see it was all a mistake and a mess, they are bent on tearing it apart, tearing it down and destroying it all while lying and convincing the gullible they deserve a "do over".

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  freepress @5    6 years ago

Trump is not making America great, he is deliberately dragging America down to his level.

To Trump, that is the great part.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  freepress @5    6 years ago
they want to create the bigoted America they remember back in the 1950's.

because...

secure borders, fair trade deals, more jobs, lower taxes, and a sovereign country are bigoted ideas? 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.2    6 years ago
secure borders

They have been secure since GWB's second term. Obama was the first president we had where more illegals LEFT the USA, (deported, self deported or turned back), since Raygun was president.

fair trade deals

Trump admitted he made up most of what he knows about trade deals with other countries. Example? He said we had a trade deficit with Canada, and then admitted he actually didn't know if we did, (we don't), in other words he spread BS fake news. 

more jobs

I will give credit where it's due. Does trump deserve some credit for adding jobs? Yes. But if that's true, we also have to give credit to Obama who added over 15 million jobs in 8 years, and he did it with a republican congress that literally opposed everything he tried to do. 

lower taxes

Looks great on paper, but the deficit is already going WAY up which will explode the debt. You know, that thing the right complained about DAILY while Obama was in office? Lower taxes, increase spending...No wonder trump and the republicans, (red states), always destroy the economy. You cannot spend more than you bring in, but the republican voters fall for the, "lower taxes!!!" BS every single time....then complain about the debt as soon as a democrat takes office. 

and a sovereign country are bigoted ideas? 

We have always been a sovereign nation and yes, when you want to ban certain people from coming into the country based on religious beliefs, it's very bigoted. Trump is obviously a racist, he has been his entire life. Look it up yourself, there are MANY examples of him being a racist. One off the top of my head? In one of his casino's, he was giving a tour to some potential investors and he instructed the manager to make sure, "the black people were not in sight when he came through"... If that's not racist, I don't know what is. Chris Cantwell, David Duke, Richard Spencer? All far right wing racists, and all HUGE trump supporters. That alone speaks volumes. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.2.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.1    6 years ago
We have always been a sovereign nation and yes,

yepp.. all the things I listed trump is doing is normal.  (duh)

so...   where is the bigotry everyone on the left is so worked up about??

from the screeching the left is doing about bigotry there must be like a list or something right? 

nothing trump has said or done is any worse than obamas remarks about bible thumpers and bitter clingers or hillary bashing the entire female population in the middle of our country... (seriously.. she did crack me up with that one.. LOL )

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.1    6 years ago

They have been secure since GWB's second term. Obama was the first president we had where more illegals LEFT the USA, (deported, self deported or turned back), since Raygun was president.

Thank you for the laugh.

But the portrait of a steadily increasing number of deportations rests on statistics that conceal almost as much as they disclose. A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data.

Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

On the other side of the ledger, the number of people deported at or near the border has gone up — primarily as a result of changing who gets counted in the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency's deportation statistics.

The vast majority of those border crossers would not have been treated as formal deportations under most previous administrations. If all removals were tallied, the total sent back to Mexico each year would have been far higher under those previous administrations than it is now.

Example? He said we had a trade deficit with Canada, and then admitted he actually didn't know if we did, (we don't), in other words he spread BS fake news. 

We don't? Since when?

That's why the countries with which the United States has the   largest trade deficits in goods are not always its most important trading partners. Some nations export a lot without importing much. But the  top five trading partners   also have the largest deficits. Please note that the Census provides trade data by country for goods only, not services.

1. China  - $636 billion traded with a $375 billion deficit.
  2. Canada  - $582 billion traded with an $18 billion deficit.
  3. Mexico   - $557 billion traded with a $71 billion deficit.
  4. Japan   - $204 billion traded with a $69 billion deficit.
  5. Germany   - $171 billion traded with a $65 billion deficit.

we also have to give credit to Obama who added over 15 million jobs in 8 years,

We were supposedly in the worst recession since the Great Depression.  What Obama did was oversee the slowest economic recovery ever.

We have always been a sovereign nation and yes, when you want to ban certain people from coming into the country based on religious beliefs,

Don't like Trump; and didn't vote for him. But your talking point is still wrong. Trump banned all people coming from those countries- not just Muslims.  Also, if he was targeting just Muslims he missed the vast majority of countries in which they reside.

You want to get rid of Trump; then run a better candidate than Hillary Clinton- who is unlikeable, toxic, and can't even beat someone as bad as Trump.  It would have helped if she understood how the electoral college worked; and not alienated fly over country.

As for the investigation. I will give Mueller credit- he is definitely after Trump; and has hired a whole slew of Obama and Clinton lackeys to help out. He is not granting immunity like he is handing out candy (Comey).  He is forcing testimony by using the law.  If Comey would have shown the same tenacity going after Hillary's email scandal maybe the Democrats would have had a different candidate.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @5.2.3    6 years ago

He also happened to miss all the countries that actually had terrorists attack the USA. Russia and Saudi Arabia come to mind. Slowest recovery in history? Hmmm...But it was a recovery. You'll complain about a slow recovery but say nothing about what we were recovering FROM? Interesting. Maybe that recovery would have been faster and better if we had a congress that literally voted against their own bills when they found out Obama supported it. Weird huh? 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
5.2.5  Randy  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.4    6 years ago
Maybe that recovery would have been faster and better if we had a congress that literally voted against their own bills when they found out Obama supported it.

That was the bizarre part. The GOP would propose ideas, Obama would say great let's do that and then the GOP would suddenly oppose it.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5.2.6  MrFrost  replied to  Randy @5.2.5    6 years ago
The GOP would propose ideas, Obama would say great let's do that and then the GOP would suddenly oppose it.

They hated Obama because they knew he was going to do well and they didn't want him to get a second term so they simply opposed everything he approved of. 

Keep up the great posts Randy! 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
5.2.7  Randy  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.6    6 years ago

Posts about how the GOP opposed Obama, even when they agreed with him, just write themselves. It was like a clown show watching the GOP Congress back then falling all over themselves and doing acrobatic back flips to suddenly oppose their own ideas when Obama would agree that what they proposed was a great idea that he could work with them on. It would have been hilarious if it wasn't so obviously and sickeningly pathetic.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7  It Is ME    6 years ago

"Scandal and the Trump Administration: It Has To End"

I agree !

"We are fourteen months into the presidency of Donald Trump, and the scandals are piling on every day." 

Well....who are the ones that have spent the last 2 years trying to find any scandal on TRUMP, and parading (gleefully I might add) any Slutty folk they can find, that can extend what you say needs to "STOP" !

Maybe talk with your own folks ?

By the way.,....why has the media stopped reporting on the actual "Lefty Politicians" that had sex scandals while in actual office, these last 14 months or so.

NOT NEWS WORTHY ?

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
7.1  author  DocPhil  replied to  It Is ME @7    6 years ago

No....The democrats had the dignity to run them out of office. They are gone as they should have been. When is your serial pervert of a president going to join that exodus?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  DocPhil @7.1    6 years ago

No...the "Lefties" ran them out of office, Just because the wind was blowing !

Mr. Franken said he didn't do it, apologized for what he said he DIDN'T do, and was then run out of office. "Lefties" just want what they want....truths be damned !

Remember the Herman Cain thingy. "Leftie" Attorney Gloria rounded up anyone and everyone she could find to "Claim something" against Herman. Where are those so-called "Leftie Gloria Used" girls now ? laughing dude

There are folks that "Remember' the past "Hypocrisy" of the "Left", and it hasn't STOPPED YET ! tough guy  

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.1    6 years ago
Mr. Franken said he didn't do it

Which proves his innocence. Trump said that Roy Moore denied his accusations, so he must be innocent, two way street. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1.3  arkpdx  replied to  DocPhil @7.1    6 years ago
The democrats had the dignity to run them out of office.

Feeling tell me how and when  the democrats ran Bill Clinton out of office? You  remember him the guy that had his way with a White House intern in the Oval Office then lied about it? 

While you are at it,  describe how Teddy Kennedy was run out of office after killing a young woman. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.1    6 years ago

Do you believe that every one of trumps female accusers are lying? 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  arkpdx @7.1.3    6 years ago
You  remember him the guy that had his way with a White House intern in the Oval Office then lied about it?

Oh, you mean THIS guy?

• Longest economic expansion in American history
      The President's strategy of fiscal discipline, open foreign markets and investments in the American people helped create the conditions for a record 115 months of economic expansion. Our economy has grown at an average of 4 percent per year since 1993.

• More than 22 million new jobs
      More than 22 million jobs were created in less than eight years -- the most ever under a single administration, and more than were created in the previous twelve years.

• Highest homeownership in American history
      A strong economy and fiscal discipline kept interest rates low, making it possible for more families to buy homes. The homeownership rate increased from 64.2 percent in 1992 to 67. 7 percent, the highest rate ever.

• Lowest unemployment in 30 years
      Unemployment dropped from more than 7 percent in 1993 to just 4.0 percent in November 2000. Unemployment for African Americans and Hispanics fell to the lowest rates on record, and the rate for women is the lowest in more than 40 years.

• Raised education standards, increased school choice, and doubled education and training investment
      Since 1992, reading and math scores have increased for 4th, 8th, and 12th graders, math SAT scores are at a 30-year high, the number of charter schools has grown from 1 to more than 2,000, forty-nine states have put in place standards in core subjects and federal investment in education and training has doubled.

• Largest expansion of college opportunity since the GI Bill
      President Clinton and Vice President Gore have nearly doubled financial aid for students by increasing Pell Grants to the largest award ever, expanding Federal Work-Study to allow 1 million students to work their way through college, and by creating new tax credits and scholarships such as Lifetime Learning tax credits and the HOPE scholarship. At the same time, taxpayers have saved $18 billion due to the decline in student loan defaults, increased collections and savings from the direct student loan program.

• Connected 95 percent of schools to the Internet
      President Clinton and Vice President Gore's new commitment to education technology, including the E-Rate and a 3,000 percent increase in educational technology funding, increased the percentage of schools connected to the Internet from 35 percent in 1994 to 95 percent in 1999.

• Lowest crime rate in 26 years
      Because of President Clinton's comprehensive anti-crime strategy of tough penalties, more police, and smart prevention, as well as common sense gun safety laws, the overall crime rate declined for 8 consecutive years, the longest continuous drop on record, and is at the lowest level since 1973.

• 100,000 more police for our streets
      As part of the 1994 Crime Bill, President Clinton enacted a new initiative to fund 100,000 community police officers. To date more than 11,000 law enforcement agencies have received COPS funding.

• Enacted most sweeping gun safety legislation in a generation
      Since the President signed the Brady bill in 1993, more than 600,000 felons, fugitives, and other prohibited persons have been stopped from buying guns. Gun crime has declined 40 percent since 1992.

• Family and Medical Leave Act for 20 million Americans
      To help parents succeed at work and at home, President Clinton signed the Family and Medical Leave Act in 1993. Over 20 million Americans have taken unpaid leave to care for a newborn child or sick family member.

• Smallest welfare rolls in 32 years
      The President pledged to end welfare as we know it and signed landmark bipartisan welfare reform legislation in 1996. Since then, caseloads have been cut in half, to the lowest level since 1968, and millions of parents have joined the workforce. People on welfare today are five times more likely to be working than in 1992.

• Higher incomes at all levels
      After falling by nearly $2,000 between 1988 and 1992, the median family's income rose by $6,338, after adjusting for inflation, since 1993. African American family income increased even more, rising by nearly $7,000 since 1993. After years of stagnant income growth among average and lower income families, all income brackets experienced double-digit growth since 1993. The bottom 20 percent saw the largest income growth at 16.3 percent.

• Lowest poverty rate in 20 years
      Since Congress passed President Clinton's Economic Plan in 1993, the poverty rate declined from 15.1 percent to 11.8 percent last year — the largest six-year drop in poverty in nearly 30 years. There are now 7 million fewer people in poverty than in 1993. The child poverty rate declined more than 25 percent, the poverty rates for single mothers, African Americans and the elderly have dropped to their lowest levels on record, and Hispanic poverty dropped to its lowest level since 1979.

• Lowest teen birth rate in 60 years
      In his 1995 State of the Union Address, President Clinton challenged Americans to join together in a national campaign against teen pregnancy. The birth rate for teens aged 15-19 declined every year of the Clinton Presidency, from 60.7 per 1,000 teens in 1992 to a record low of 49.6 in 1999.

• Lowest infant mortality rate in American history
      The Clinton Administration expanded efforts to provide mothers and newborn children with health care. Today, a record high 82 percent of all mothers receive prenatal care. The infant mortality rate has dropped from 8.5 deaths per 1,000 in 1992 to 7.2 deaths per 1,000 in 1998, the lowest rate ever recorded.

• Deactivated more than 1,700 nuclear warheads from the former Soviet Union
      Efforts of the Clinton-Gore Administration led to the dismantling of more than 1,700 nuclear warheads, 300 launchers and 425 land and submarine based missiles from the former Soviet Union.

• Protected millions of acres of American land
      President Clinton has protected more land in the lower 48 states than any other president. He has protected 5 new national parks, designated 11 new national monuments and expanded two others and proposed protections for 60 million acres of roadless areas in America's national forests.

• Paid off $360 billion of the national debt
      Between 1998-2000, the national debt was reduced by $363 billion — the largest three-year debt pay-down in American history. We are now on track to pay off the entire debt by 2009.

• Converted the largest budget deficit in American history to the largest surplus
      Thanks in large part to the 1993 Deficit Reduction Act, the 1997 Balanced Budget Act, and President Clinton's call to save the surplus for debt reduction, Social Security, and Medicare solvency, America has put its fiscal house in order. The deficit was $290 billion in 1993 and expected to grow to $455 billion by this year. Instead, we have a projected surplus of $237 billion.

• Lowest government spending in three decades
      Under President Clinton federal government spending as a share of the economy has decreased from 22.2 percent in 1992 to a projected 18.5 percent in 2000, the lowest since 1966.

• Lowest federal income tax burden in 35 years
      President Clinton enacted targeted tax cuts such as the Earned Income Tax Credit expansion, $500 child tax credit, and the HOPE Scholarship and Lifetime Learning Tax Credits. Federal income taxes as a percentage of income for the typical American family have dropped to their lowest level in 35 years.

• More families own stock than ever before
      The number of families owning stock in the United States increased by 40 percent since 1992.

• Most diverse cabinet in American history
    The President has appointed more African Americans, women and Hispanics to the Cabinet than any other President in history. He appointed the first female Attorney General, the first female Secretary of State and the first Asian American cabinet secretary ever.

Did you forget that he was also acquitted? Oops. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1.6  arkpdx  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.4    6 years ago

Do you think all of the women that accused Bill Clinton are/were liars? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.4    6 years ago
Do you believe that every one of trumps female accusers are lying?

Do you believe that everyone of the accusers of "Lefties" were lying ?

How about the "Billy Boy I like that Clinton" accusers....were they lying ?

When it comes to political leaders, they're ALL fucking liars for political gain....wouldn't you agree ?

Neat thing about Trump.....he doesn't NEED this job.....as a JOB !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.2    6 years ago
Which proves his innocence. Trump said that Roy Moore denied his accusations, so he must be innocent,

Could be on both counts. Haven't seen a court case on either yet.....have you ?

by the way....and I like the show.....Where are Moore Accusers now ?

And what ever happened to the Cain accusers ?

Married, kids, Big pool, great views ?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.1.10  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  arkpdx @7.1.6    6 years ago

No, I believe all of them. I believe Kathleen Willey who said Clinton groped her. I believe Paula Jones who claims he exposed himself to her. I believe Jaunita Broaddrick who at first claimed he raped her at a party in 1977 but later recanted her claim saying she was pressured by Republicans to make the claim, so I believe her when she said it wasn't rape but a consensual encounter. I believe Gennifer Flowers who said she had an affair with him. I believe all 4 of them and I didn't vote for Bill Clinton for either of his two terms.

Now let's compare that record to Trumps. I believe Jessica Leads, Kristen Anderson, Jill Harth, Lisa Boyne, the five Miss teen pageant participants who confirm he came into their dressing room while they were underage and undressed, Temple Taggart, Cathy Heller, Karena Virginia, Mindy McGillivray, Natasha Stoynoff, Jennifer Murphy, Juliet Huddy, Rachel Crooks, Samantha Holvey, Ninni Laaksonen, Jessica Drake, Summer Zervos, Cassandra Searles, Karen McDougal, Stormy Daniels and the woman who says she was 13 when Trump raped her who has never recanted her accusation. Oh, and I believe Donald Trump when he didn't know he was being recorded and said "I don't even wait" which could only mean he doesn't wait for consent which all these women confirm.

I'm not sure how good at math you are, but the list of Trump accusers who have never recanted their accusations is 5 times longer than Bill Clintons. That may not mean anything to someone who would support Trump even if he shot someone in the street, a far great crime than sexually assaulting nearly two dozen women, but to anyone with even a smidgen of self respect and empathy for the victims, they would abandon their unwavering support for this disgusting sexual predator and known liar faster than one of Trumps victims could say "No!".

Junior Participates
7.1.12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    6 years ago
In the one hand you and your ilk claim to be champions of women and minorities yet Hollywood males are the enemy of women yet are still allowed to rape.

That's such an grotesque lie I think even you might have vomited a bit in your mouth when you typed it out.  Coming from someone who must have supported a pedophile for the Senate makes it even more puke worthy. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.1.10    6 years ago

who at first claimed he raped her at a party in 1977 but later recanted her claim saying she was pressured by Republicans to make the claim

That's simply not true. 

It's also amusing how you only count assault allegations against Clinton, but count those who claim to have engaged in  consensual encounters with Trump as "accusers."  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.1.14  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.13    6 years ago

"Broaddrick was resistant to talking to the media, rumors about her story began circulating no later than Clinton’s presidential bid in 1992. Broaddrick had confided in Phillip Yoakum, whom she knew from business circles and at the time considered a friend. When Clinton won the Democratic nomination, Yoakum, widely considered to have a Republican agenda, contacted Sheffield Nelson , Clinton’s opponent in the 1990 gubernatorial race. Yoakum arranged a meeting between Nelson and Broaddrick, who resisted Yoakum's and Nelson’s push that she go public. [1] Yoakum secretly taped the conversation and wrote a letter summarizing the allegations, which began to circulate within Republican circles."

"Broaddrick was subpoenaed in the Jones suit soon after and submitted an affidavit denying that Clinton had made “any sexual advances”.

"After Starr granted her immunity , thus assuring that she would not be prosecuted for perjury regarding her affidavit in the Jones case, Broaddrick recanted the affidavit. However, she insisted that Clinton had not pressured or bribed her in any way, and so Starr concluded that the story was not relevant to his investigation and his report only mentioned the recanting in a footnote."

So she never wanted to come forward with any accusation of wrongdoing, was secretly taped by Republicans who then pressured her and even subpoenaed her to try and build a case against Bill Clinton to which she denied any "sexual advances" then later recanted that recantation making her beyond unreliable having lied under oath and taken an immunity deal to tell the truth which meant the prosecutor couldn't use anything she said having changed her story too many times.

I believe Bill did come to her room as she said in the secret taped conversations, I believe he was drunk as she said he was and she let him into her room and things got hot and heavy. I believe her when she said she tried to say no, and I believe Bill was very wrong for going any further. I believe her when she said she "blamed herself for letting Clinton in the room". She was definitely a victim and Bill Clinton was wrong for doing what he did to her. He was a man in power during a time when women were not as respected as they should be, just like Donald Trump who did the same, only in Donald's case it was a 13 year old girl who his friend Jeffrey Epstein provided for him. It's true the court case was dismissed in California because they didn't have jurisdiction and then later dismissed in NY because the accuser lacked physical evidence of the crime, but Trumps accuser is far more credible than Clintons accuser since she has never changed her story, she has always insisted that it was Donald Trump who raped her, she just didn't know who he was for a decade after the incident (what 13 year old knows who all the billionaires are?) and only recognized him once he became more well known with his "Apprentice" reality TV show.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1.15  MrFrost  replied to  arkpdx @7.1.6    6 years ago

So you cannot answer even one simple question? I asked you first.... Do you think all of trumps accusers are liars? Not a tough question, yes or no. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1.16  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.8    6 years ago
Where are Moore Accusers now ?

Well one had her house burned to the ground by one of Moore's accusers. You know, one of those moral Christians that love Moore, the pedophile. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1.17  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.7    6 years ago

So you can't answer even one simple question either? Sad. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1.18  MrFrost  replied to    6 years ago
You libs are fake as plastic vomit. In the one hand you and your ilk claim to be champions of women and minorities yet Hollywood males are the enemy of women yet are still allowed to rape. Fuck, an entire culture of rape in Hollywood by liberal men was created to assure that women are raped on casting couches. And then every urban, large city under dem leadership rivals Bogata. Take your garbage and silly worldview to someone stupid enough to believe it. Try your boyfriend. Lol

So regular posts get deleted by mods, but this is apparently ok? What a total fucking joke. 

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
7.1.19  Raven Wing  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.18    6 years ago

Hang in there, the new CoC is coming, and a part of that comment will likely be a violation. 

Looks like someone really pulled their chain. (grin)

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1.20  MrFrost  replied to  Raven Wing @7.1.19    6 years ago

Apparently. Looks like a "nolibs" post to me. The new CoC comes out on my birthday, I doubt it will help posts like that though. 

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
7.1.21  Raven Wing  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.20    6 years ago

You might be surprised. I'm sure it will take a while for folks on both sides of the political spectrum to get used to the fact that some of their favorite demeaning words will no longer be allowed. Maybe longer for those who have not bothered to even read the new CoC. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.22  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.17    6 years ago

Ditto !

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Obama lied to the Jewish voters about his support of Israel to get their money, and at the end of his presidency when he didn't need the Jewish money any more he stabbed Israel in the back at the UN, showing his true colours.  (Note that I said "his true colours", not his true colour.) He (indirectly, meaning clandestinely) interfered in the Israeli elections in an attempt to eliminate Netanyahu.

The funny thing is, that when Obama was elected I thought he was the best thing that ever happened to the USA, but I have to admit he did a great job of fooling me.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
9.1  MrFrost  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9    6 years ago
Obama lied to the Jewish voters about his support of Israel to get their money, and at the end of his presidency when he didn't need the Jewish money any more he stabbed Israel in the back at the UN, showing his true colours.

You are mistaken. 

U.S. Finalizes Deal to Give Israel $38 Billion in Military Aid

JERUSALEM — The United States has finalized a $38 billion package of military aid for   Israel   over the next 10 years, the largest of its kind ever, and the two allies plan to sign the agreement on Wednesday, American and Israeli officials said.

The State Department scheduled a ceremony to formally announce the pact, which will be signed by Jacob Nagel, the acting national security adviser to Prime Minister   Benjamin Netanyahu   of   Israel , and Thomas A. Shannon Jr., the under secretary of state for political affairs.   Susan E. Rice ,   President Obama ’s national security adviser who handled negotiations, plans to be on hand.

Junior Participates
9.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  MrFrost @9.1    6 years ago
You are mistaken.

You're very kind to not call it what it really was:  Big Lies.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MrFrost @9.1    6 years ago
"U.S. Finalizes Deal to Give Israel $38 Billion in Military Aid"

First of all, Obama didn't create that deal - it was the lawmakers. IMO he himself would not have done it, but at least he didn't try to VETO it, but then it was two months before the elections, and it would have been a negative for the Democratic Party and Hillary if he had - he was smart enough to know that.  Sorry, but I don't give Obama credit for it, but nice try anyway.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
9.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1.2    6 years ago

Come on Buzz, you know better than that. Isn't the president ultimately responsible for everything, good or bad? Read the article, Obama had plenty to do with it. I mean, it was his staff that did it, right? 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
9.1.4  Randy  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.3    6 years ago

Some people are determined to never give credit to Obama for being the friend to Israel that he was, just because he advocated for a two state solution and rightfully opposed building more settlements in the occupied territories. Both of which were actually in the long run pro-Israeli positions too. He also stopped Iran from attempting to build a nuclear weapon for 10 years and people bitched that it allowed them to build one then, while conveniently forgetting that it stopped them from continuing their program that would have let them have one in less then two years. 10 years is time to to negotiate a way to stop the program altogether and is better then a guaranteed weapon in 2, which would be one by now, but some people will not pull their head out of their backside and look at it realistically.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Randy @9.1.4    6 years ago
"but some people will not pull their head out of their backside and look at it realistically."

You mean me, of course. Thank you for the compliment.  I may disagree with others, but I don't insult them when I do. I guess not everybody here is like that.

Junior Participates
9.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
11  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago
The Obama administration was one of the most honest and ethical administrations in the past century. 

that has to be the funniest statement ever made... seriously.  said as if there is no investigations into obamas admin.

now we get to see obamas admin deal with the scrutiny trump has put up with.

should be good fun for everyone, 

my bet is simple.

john huber is going to clean up obamas admin including the fbi and doj right after the IG report comes out.

some very big names will fall.

tick / tock :)

MrFrost
Professor Guide
11.1  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @11    6 years ago

Jeff Sessions said today that he will not be investigating the FBI.... In other words, he told donny to STFU. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
11.1.1  livefreeordie  replied to  MrFrost @11.1    6 years ago

Skirting CoC {SP}

“Sessions: Federal prosecutor evaluating alleged FBI, DOJ wrongdoing, no second special counsel for now

Attorney General Jeff Sessions revealed Thursday a federal prosecutor was evaluating certain issues involving the FBI, the Clinton Foundation and Uranium One, but said he would not appoint a second special counsel at this point.

In a letter directed to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte and House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, Sessions revealed that he asked U.S. Attorney John Huber to lead the evaluation into issues raised by the committees in recent months.“

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  livefreeordie @11.1.1    6 years ago

Well, now you've done it.

You should know by now you simply can't post anything from Fox and expect them top read it.

Here, maybe these sources will work better for them!

Sessions does not appoint second special counsel - CNNPolitics

2 hours ago - Sessions does not appoint second special counsel to review FBI misconduct

Sessions declines to appoint second special counsel | TheHill
thehill.com/.../380915-sessions-reveals-federal-prosecutor-investigating-fbi-allegation...

7 hours ago - Attorney General Jeff Sessions revealed in a letter to lawmakers Thursday that he had declined to name a second special counsel to investigate allegations of surveillance abuse within the Department of Justice (DOJ), despite pressure from the.
Sessions Rejects Calls From Republican Lawmakers to Appoint ...
3 hours ago - Attorney General Jeff Sessions has rejected calls from Republican lawmakers to appoint a second special counsel to investigate how the Justice Department and FBI handled probes involving Hillary Clinton and a former Trump campaign adviser.
Sessions, for now, rebuffs GOP calls for second special counsel to ...
5 hours ago - Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday rebuffed — at least for now — a call from Republican leaders to appoint a second special counsel to look into the FBI's handling of its most high-profile probes and announced that he has asked the U.S. attorney in Utah to spearhead a broad review. Sessions ...
Attorney General Jeff Sessions names prosecutor to investigate FBI ...

7 hours ago - Attorney General Jeff Sessions designated U.S. attorney John Huber as the prosecutor tasked with looking into allegations of abuse of power at the FBI. In a Thursday letter to Congress, Sessions said this appointment was made in response to requests for a special counsel investigation of the claims.
Sessions names federal prosecutor for FBI & DOJ probe, but no ...

2 hours ago - A federal prosecutor is backing the internal probe of the FBI and the Department of Justice and there is no need for special counsel, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a response to Congress and President Donald Trump.
Sessions Says 'No' To Republican Requests For A Second Special ...

MrFrost
Professor Guide
11.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @11.1.1    6 years ago
Uranium One

Why would they be investigating this? It was debunked years ago...

Hell, your own shepard smith did it on fox news. 

Keep beating that dead horse Larry. 

Oh yea, almost forgot... Clinton Foundation...

Score   (out of 100) Rating
Overall Score & Rating 93.91
  Financial 95.00
  Accountability & Transparency 93.00
This rating was published 08/01/2017 using data provided by the charity on a   consolidated pro forma 990 which was verified against 990s received from the IRS.
Trump foundation...

On September 13, 2016, The New York Times reported on the operations of Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity that has announced intentions to dissolve, in an article titled, "New York Attorney General to Investigate Donald Trump’s Nonprofit." For this reason, we have issued a   High Concern CN Advisory . For more information, please see   The New York Times   article.

• On November 22, 2016, The Washington Post published an article titled, "Trump Foundation admits to violating ban on 'self-dealing,' new filing to IRS shows." For more information, please see   The Washington Post   article.

• On December 24, 2016, The Trump-Pence Transition Team issued a press release titled, "President-Elect Donald J. Trump Intends to Dissolve the Donald J. Trump Foundation." For more information, please see   The Trump-Pence Transition Team   press release.

• On December 24, 2016, The Washington Post published an article titled, "Donald Trump plans to shut down his charitable foundation, which has been under scrutiny for months." For more information, please see   The Washington Post   article.

• On November 20, 2017, The Washington Post published an article titled, "Trump golf course reimbursed President Trump’s charity amid ongoing investigation into the foundation." For more information, please see   The Washington Post   article.

• On November 21, 2017, TIME published an article titled, "President Trump Is Officially Dissolving His Charitable Foundation." For more information, please see the   TIME   article.

The concerns raised about organizational legitimacy and/or federal tax law compliance are serious both in nature and scope and have thus warranted this CN Advisory. We have published this advisory to provide donors with content that they may find useful when making their giving decisions. The views and opinions expressed here are those of the authors of sources used for the reported information, and not those of Charity Navigator. Charity Navigator is not responsible for the nature or content of the information presented through such external sources and websites. For more information on how or when we decide to publish a CN Advisory, please review our  methodology .

So trump "charity" is shut down because of fraud, but you want to investigate the Clinton foundation that has an "A" rating? You reek of desperation. The trump charity was used to pay off lawsuits and AG's in Florida and Texas to drop his trump u case. Don't even bother to deny it, trump himself admitted it. Hey, remember trump screaming, "pay for play Hillary!!!!!"? Trump was the pay for play idiot, not Hillary... Nice try though. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @11.1.3    6 years ago

Glossed right over his earlier response when he called you out, did ya?

SMDH and LMFAO

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
11.1.5  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  MrFrost @11.1    6 years ago
Jeff Sessions said today that he will not be investigating the FBI

try again :)

wait until the little flumkies start pointing at and blaming the big flunkies

will be great fun for everyone (everyone who was not in obamas admin that is)

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
11.1.6  livefreeordie  replied to  MrFrost @11.1.3    6 years ago

Uranium one is an act of treason by not just Hillary, but Obama and others in the administration 

but they will never indict them for that treason

the conspiracy by the Democrats including Obama, Lynch, Comey, Brennan, Rice, McCabe and others should be fully investigated and prosecuted

the corrupt  leadership in the FBI, Justice Dept, and some in our National intelligence should be exposed and a continued purge of these criminal elements until credibility is restored

while they are at it I’d like to see the criminal organization, the ATF disbanded

Randy
Sophomore Participates
11.1.7  Randy  replied to  livefreeordie @11.1.6    6 years ago

Uranium One is a worn out old horse that has been beaten so much that there is not even any hide left. There is not any scandal there because there never was, It is a fucking joke. Let it go because holding on to it only embarrasses yourself at how desperate you are to find something, There is nothing there and if you want to be taken seriously as a man you'll stop it. You're beginning to look like people screaming that the Earth is flat for Pete's sake with even less credibility.

The Trump Administration has been flushed and is swirling around the bowl headed toward the septic tank. The only question left is who wants to hang and end up in the piss, shit and soaked toilet paper with him.

If you still support Trump...grow the fuck up.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
12  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago

they say there are currently over 24000 sealed indictments in the USA.  (record setting)

word on the street is the arrests start this month.

tick / tock :)