╌>

Parents demand change after trans girls win high school track meet

Category:  Alternative Energy

Via:  silent-hysteria  •  6 years ago  •  250 comments

Parents demand change after trans girls win high school track meet

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A Connecticut high school sophomore dominated in last week's track and field competition - but the transgender teen's big win has some people outraged and wondering if it's fair she was allowed to compete.

Terry Miller, who was born a male but identifies as a female, came in first place twice during the June 4 CIAC State Open track and field competition. During the 100-meter dash, Miller smoked her competition finishing the race in just 11.72 seconds. She also killed it in the 200-meter dash finishing in 24.17 seconds.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
1  seeder  Silent_Hysteria    6 years ago

Imagine your daughter trying her hardest to be the best at an event only to be beaten by two guys who recently decided they were females.  How many women's scholarships will be lost when more guys decide to use this loophole?  

Move decided to embrace the craziness.  I hope this happens more and more until natural born women finally decide enough is enough.  I guess there really isn't a wage gap issue... as it doesn't address how many "men" identify as women.  

Science be damned... feelings matter more!

user image
Freshman Silent
1.1    replied to  Silent_Hysteria @1    6 years ago
Science be damned... feelings matter more!

E.A So this is so Abundant so more widespread!

LOL is that what this is about, so you think that the Chromosomes and DNA and RNA play no part in how, what, how one reacts?

See Article Posted about Y Chromosomes, some Knowledge I am sure will help with the prejudice.

user image
Freshman Silent
1.1.1    replied to  @1.1    6 years ago
See Article Posted about Y Chromosomes, some Knowledge I am sure will help with the prejudice.

E.A To expound, in how many sports are Drugs used, and a few time they are detected, right.

But what about the so called Medicinal Drugs, or Progesterone for " medical reasons " or testosterone and so on, where will the line be drawn?

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2  epistte  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @1    6 years ago
magine your daughter trying her hardest to be the best at an event only to be beaten by two guys who recently decided they were females.

How long as she been on HRT, as if conservatives know what this means?

A person cannot just decide that they are a different gender on a week to week or a month to month basis, despite what someone has told you. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  epistte @1.2    6 years ago

That is correct it is impossible to change gender even with treatment and surgeries the DNA remains the same. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.2  epistte  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.2.1    6 years ago
That is correct it is impossible to change gender even with treatment and surgeries the DNA remains the same.

A person doesn't experience life as their DNA. They experience life and are seen by others as their biological gender,which the hormones and the surgery change as much as medically possible. Trans people would love to be able to change their DNA to align with their gender identity but so far that is not possible. 

It seems that the vast majority of the people in this thread do not understand the difference between a person's biological gender and their psychological gender identity.  That idea is the basis of what being transgendered is.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Tessylo  replied to    6 years ago

Well if you read a story about one 19 year old male, then it must be true and true of all transgenders!

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.6  Phoenyx13  replied to    6 years ago
Well it's good to see you finally admit Transgenderism is a mental disorder and as such is completely treatable.

interesting ... so you think Gender Identity is a mental disorder ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.7  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.6    6 years ago

According to statements made by Britain's chancellors office, France and Denmark....apparently, not anymore.

Other than that there is a draft of the ICD-11 done in '16, where GID, now GD, is possibly being changed again..... to "gender incongruence".

Kinda like how they changed the words "Climate Change" to "Global Warming". Makes it more "Comforting".

These "Guys" (wondering how they did in "boys" track and field)…..must be proud they can beat the "Girls" !  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.8  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.4    6 years ago
Well if you read a story about one 19 year old male, then it must be true and true of all transgenders!

Deleted, CoC  {SP}

Labeling and/or creative name-calling of entire political groups, ideological, religious, cultural, sexual identity / orientation, etc. groups (i.e. Rethuglicans, Libtards, etc), is forbidden. Phrases meant to denigrate are not allowed (e.g. ‘your ilk’).

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.9  Phoenyx13  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.7    6 years ago

According to statements made by Britain's chancellors office, France and Denmark....apparently, not anymore.

ah ok, thanks for the answer

Other than that there is a draft of the ICD-11 done in '16, where GID, now GD, is possibly being changed again..... to "gender incongruence".

Kinda like how they changed the words "Climate Change" to "Global Warming". Makes it more "Comforting".

so you think they changed it just to make it more "comforting" ? what would be their motivation for such a thing ? (is this another conspiracy theory ?)

These "Guys" (wondering how they did in "boys" track and field)…..must be proud they can beat the "Girls" !  

there are guys who can beat girls and girls who can beat guys in athletics, whether they are cisgender or transgender - i'm not sure of the point of your statement.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.9    6 years ago
'i'm not sure of the point of your statement'

I don't think he is either.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.8    6 years ago
'One thing we know for sure...the majority of them are mentally fucked up.'

Thanks to intolerant deplorables such as . . . . . . 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.12  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.9    6 years ago
so you think they changed it just to make it more "comforting" ? what would be their motivation for such a thing ?

The NEED.....to be PC ?

"there are guys who can beat girls and girls who can beat guys in athletics"

Sure, but they don't claim to be something else when they do it.....do they.

kinda like when old guy Riggs lost to younger King.  thumbs up  

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.13  Phoenyx13  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.12    6 years ago

The NEED.....to be PC ?

huh ? is this another conspiracy theory that only makes sense to you ? why would they need to be PC ? is PC a big thing for Britain, Denmark and France ?

Sure, but they don't claim to be something else when they do it.....do they.

this comment makes no sense, please explain.

kinda like when old guy Riggs lost to younger King.

ok.... a woman beat a man in athletics... didn't i state that happens already ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.14  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.13    6 years ago
is this another conspiracy theory that only makes sense to you ?

Huh ?

Do explain.

"this comment makes no sense"

I know. laughing dude

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.15  Tessylo  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.13    6 years ago
'this comment makes no sense, please explain.'

Don't hold your breath waiting for that!  You'll just get a lot of sidestepping and gobbledygook and nonsensical bullshit.  

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.16  Phoenyx13  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.14    6 years ago

Huh ?

Do explain.

your reason:

The NEED.....to be PC ?

makes no sense, so i asked:

why would they need to be PC ? is PC a big thing for Britain, Denmark and France ?

and you dodged it, no surprise, then you are trying to turn this around on me when it was your reason that you stated to begin with ?

"this comment makes no sense"

I know. 

it seems a bit odd to laugh at your own comment making no sense, but i guess that makes you happy to laugh at yourself

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.16    6 years ago

'Huh ?

Do explain.

your  reason :

The NEED.....to be PC ?

makes no sense, so i  asked :

why  would they need  to be  PC  ? is  PC  a  big thing  for  Britain, Denmark and France  ?

and you dodged it,  no surprise , then you are trying to  turn this around on me  when it was your reason that you stated to begin with ?'

crazy

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.18  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.15    6 years ago
Don't hold your breath waiting for that!

Waiting for what ?

"You'll get just get..."

thumbs up

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.19  Phoenyx13  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.15    6 years ago
Don't hold your breath waiting for that!  You'll get just get a lot of sidestepping and gobbledygook and nonsensical bullshit.

so far that's all i'm getting, some weird crazy conspiracy theory about the need to be PC in other countries along with a woman beating a man at athletics.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.20  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.16    6 years ago

Huh ?

Explanation fail. thumbs down

What are you going for in your comments ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.21  Tessylo  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.19    6 years ago
'so far that's all i'm getting, some weird crazy conspiracy theory about the need to be PC in other countries along with a woman beating a man at athletics.'

That's all you'll ever get!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.22  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.19    6 years ago
some weird crazy conspiracy theory

What's the "CONCPIRACY" ?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.23  Phoenyx13  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.20    6 years ago

Huh ?

Explanation fail. 

What are you going for in your comments ?

i explained everything in my comment, your inability to comprehend simple words and their structure isn't my issue

you claimed the motivation for possibly changing GD to "gender incongruence" is due to PC so i asked:

why would they need to be PC ? is PC a big thing for Britain, Denmark and France ?

if you can't figure out what the questions are then it's not my issue. If you don't know the answer - then maybe you should just admit you don't know the answer and your explanation is another conspiracy theory with no basis in reality currently.

What's the "CONCPIRACY" ?

1. it's conspiracy

2. that's what i'm asking you, because unless you have some proof that it's due to PC - then all you have is some conspiracy theory not grounded in reality until you can prove otherwise.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.24  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.23    6 years ago
i explained everything in my comment,

Nope !

You explained NOTHING. Digging a whole chuckle

Sounds like you're a proponent of " I FEEL like a women Guys"  beating "Girls", who ARE ACTUAL GIRLS, and proud of it !

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.25  Phoenyx13  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.24    6 years ago

Nope !

You explained NOTHING. 

Sounds like you're a proponent of " I FEEL like a women Guys"  beating "Girls", who ARE ACTUAL GIRLS, and proud of it !

i sure did - i explained why i asked the questions of you which you are still dodging which means the only conclusion anyone can come to is that you have another conspiracy theory that makes no sense to anyone outside of your mind in regards to GD possibly being changed to "gender incongruence" . As for me being a proponent of anything ? i've never stated if i was or not a proponent , did i ? try reading the actual words printed on your screen instead of inserting your own. thanks Digging a whole  chuckle  laughing dude

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.26  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.25    6 years ago
i sure did

Nope ! 

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.28  Phoenyx13  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.26    6 years ago
Nope !

keep stamping your feet  Digging a whole chuckle laughing dude

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.29  Phoenyx13  replied to    6 years ago

Here:

According to the  Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), people who experience intense, persistent gender incongruence can be given the diagnosis of "gender dysphoria." Some contend that the diagnosis inappropriately pathologizes gender noncongruence and should be eliminated. Others argue that it is essential to retain the diagnosis to ensure access to care. The  International Classification of Diseases  (ICD) is under revision and there may be changes to its current classification of intense persistent gender incongruence as "gender identity disorder."

that's fantastic but not what i asked . I asked: 

so you think Gender Identity is a mental disorder ?

not if there is a Gender Identity disorder

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.30  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.28    6 years ago
keep stamping your feet

Your a "Guy" DESERVES to defeat a "Girl" type person. Got It ! good one

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.31  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.29    6 years ago
not if there is a Gender Identity disorder

is there ?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.32  Phoenyx13  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.30    6 years ago
Your a "Guy" DESERVES to defeat a "Girl" type person. Got It !

i've not made such a statement , please try again . This time, read the words actually printed on your screen for a change , your attempts at pigeon holing me into a position are pathetic at best good one

is there ?

Google it and find out good one

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.33  Trout Giggles  replied to    6 years ago

What do you think the treatment should be?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.34  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.32    6 years ago

Deny, Deny, Deny. So Cool ! thumbs up

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.35  Phoenyx13  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.34    6 years ago
Deny, Deny, Deny. So Cool !

i haven't denied nor confirmed anything, please  try again . This time, read the words actually printed on your screen for a change,  your attempts at pigeon holing me into a position  are  pathetic  at best thumbs up

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.36  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.35    6 years ago

Which words pertaining to the article ? thinking

Just paste them....it's that SIMPLE ! thumbs up

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.37  Phoenyx13  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.36    6 years ago

Which words pertaining to the article ? 

Just paste them....it's that SIMPLE ! 

sounds like quite a conundrum you have, perhaps checking previous posts to see what i'm referring to may help you a bitthinking

just scroll up and find them .... it's that SIMPLEthumbs up

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.38  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.37    6 years ago
just scroll up and find them.... it's that SIMPLE !

Find what ?

may this upset you ? confused

Last year, Yearwood came in first in both the 100 and 200-meter dashes at the Class M state track and field championship. S he competed in the races last year before undergoing hormone treatments.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.39  Phoenyx13  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.38    6 years ago
Find what ?

sounds like  quite a conundrum  you have,  perhaps checking previous posts  to see what  i'm referring to  may  help you a bit  ? confused

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.40  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.39    6 years ago
perhaps checking previous posts

YOU made the claims, YOU supply....right ? la de da

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.41  Phoenyx13  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.40    6 years ago
YOU made the claims, YOU supply....right ?

except i haven't made any claims  la de da

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.42  It Is ME  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.41    6 years ago

Huh ?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.2.44  Phoenyx13  replied to    6 years ago
Absolutely

i would suggest more research on Gender Identity, but that's your choice as to whether to be educated or not :)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2.46  Tacos!  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.6    6 years ago
so you think Gender Identity is a mental disorder ?

Up until the day before yesterday (roughly), the psychological community absolutely felt that way.

When the DSM V came out, they decided to call it something different - not because the science had changed, but just to preserve the feelings of those suffering from it. In 2013, the American Psychiatric Association (publishers of the DSM) released this statement. Note the total lack of science:

DSM not only determines how mental disorders are defined and diagnosed, it also impacts how people see themselves and how we see each other. While diagnostic terms facilitate clinical care and access to insurance coverage that supports mental health, these terms can also have a stigmatizing effect.

DSM-5 aims to avoid stigma and ensure clinical care for individuals who see and feel themselves to be a different gender than their assigned gender. It replaces the diagnostic name “gender identity disorder” with “gender dysphoria,” as well as makes other important clarifications in the criteria.

Similarly, although the World Health Organization's (WHO) International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Health Related Problems (ICD) has long included Transgenderism and related Gender Identity Disorders, they are also planning on changing their terminology with the ICD-11 not because of science, but to reduce stigma.

So, rather than demand that people treat other people with respect and dignity, our highly educated psychiatric professionals are throwing Common Sense in the garbage. They are turning their backs to reality in favor of popular social and political philosophy. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2.47  Tacos!  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.9    6 years ago
so you think they changed it just to make it more "comforting" ?

Yep. that's what they say, anyway.

what would be their motivation for such a thing ?

To reduce stigma. The medical and psychological understanding of sex has not changed.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2.48  Skrekk  replied to    6 years ago
The point is a child should not be put onHRT just because they THINK they're the opposite gender. When they reach the age of 18 they can make that decision for themselves.

Fortunately for these kids their doctors don't take advice from people who know nothing about the topic, otherwise far more transgender kids would kill themselves.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.49  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.2.6    6 years ago

Of course he does.

TruettCollins
Freshman Silent
1.2.50  TruettCollins  replied to  epistte @1.2.2    6 years ago
It seems that the vast majority of the people in this thread do not understand the difference between a person's biological gender and their psychological gender confusion. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.51  epistte  replied to  TruettCollins @1.2.50    6 years ago
confusion.

What exactly are you trying to say?

TruettCollins
Freshman Silent
1.2.52  TruettCollins  replied to  epistte @1.2.51    6 years ago

It does not matter what they identify as, it matters what they were born as since their DNA will be the same till and even after they die.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.53  epistte  replied to  TruettCollins @1.2.52    6 years ago
It does not matter what they identify as, it matters what they were born as since their DNA will be the same till and even after they die.

You are possibly the 30th person who I have explained this basic concept to. Johnny Gilbert will tell you what prize you have won!

A person's DNA does not determine their gender identity, which is the male or femaleness of their personality. Trans people have the biological body of one gender and the gender identity or gender personality of the other gender. Since the gender identity of a person is fixed at birth and cannot be changed, medical science changes the biological body's appearance and function, as much as medically possible to align with their gender identity. 

The patient undergoes 90 days to 6 months of psychological counseling and testing before hormones start and is monitored for life by a team of endocrinologists, psychologists and psychiatrists for years and often for life by the endocrinologist who is prescribing the meds. The process is longer and more rigorous for teens and pre-teens because of their age and lack of maturity. Pre-teens are not given sex hormones but instead are given hormone blockers.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.55  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
A gender identity disorder is a mental disorder that's why its called a disorder.

I'm interested in learning how you and other conservatives would address this transgendered situation if you disagree with the current med/psych approach?

TruettCollins
Freshman Silent
1.2.56  TruettCollins  replied to  epistte @1.2.53    6 years ago

I am not talking identity or confusion I am talking the actual physical factual gender.

What ever you identify yourself as it does not change reality.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.57  epistte  replied to  TruettCollins @1.2.56    6 years ago
I am not talking identity or confusion I am talking the actual physical factual gender.

This makes no sense. How many times do you require people to undress so you determine if they are male or female when you first meet them?  How many people have you required a chromosomal or DNA test when you met so you can use the proper pronouns?

Why do you care if a person is transgendered?

TruettCollins
Freshman Silent
1.2.58  TruettCollins  replied to  epistte @1.2.57    6 years ago

OH, not I see my mistake....I am addressing the fact that these parents don't think it is fair for their naturally born female children to have to compete against naturally born males in sports, while you are off on a personal tangent.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.59  epistte  replied to  TruettCollins @1.2.58    6 years ago
OH, not I see my mistake....I am addressing the fact that these parents don't think it is fair for their naturally born female children to have to compete against naturally born males in sports, while you are off on a personal tangent.

If those transgendered females have been on typical estrogen therapy and androgen blockers for 1-2 years these should be little difference because of the weight gain and the muscle atrophy.  Trans females who aren't on HRT should not be competing with CIS females. 

TruettCollins
Freshman Silent
1.2.60  TruettCollins  replied to  epistte @1.2.59    6 years ago

Read the story, then put your 1-2 years out to anywhere from 5-10 years depending on the individual.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2.61  Skrekk  replied to  TruettCollins @1.2.60    6 years ago
Read the story, then put your 1-2 years out to anywhere from 5-10 years depending on the individual.

There's very little morphological difference between males and females before puberty.   We don't know the medical history of the two kids which the conservatives are whining about, so we don't know if they received puberty blockers or HRT in a timely manner.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.62  epistte  replied to  TruettCollins @1.2.60    6 years ago

Unless they have reassignment surgery in that time period, there will be no changes if the hormone and blocker doses are correct.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @1    6 years ago

Is this just a transgender bashing thread? For shame!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    6 years ago

The shame should be applied to those young males who only identify as females, and have had no hormone therapy, and are allowed to compete as girls while remaining males.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.4  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
Too fucking bad, suck it up and get over the fact that people are not always gonna agree with your opinion.

It isn't a "bleep'ing opinion". It is a medical fact that you willfully ignore because you are obviously an emotional thinker instead iof a logical thinker. There is something about LGBT people that bothers you. 

A person's biological gender does not determine if they are male or female. Their psychological gender identity determines if they are male or female. A trans person is someone who was born with the psychological gender identity of one gender and the biological body of the other gender. Since the psychological gender of th person is innate before birth and cannot be changed, so medical science changes the body as much as possible to aligin with their psychological gender identity.  How many times do you need to be told that our DNA or external sex organs do not determine anyone's gender identity? John Money held the same ideas that you did and his treatment killed a person because he thought that he could change their gender identity to match their body.

I have tried to expian this very basic idea to conservatives but there is a mental block that prohibits you and others from understanding this very basic concept. You can rant and swear like a sailor but it will not change the facts.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.8  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
If their psychological gender is different than their biological gender they're mentally ill.

Gender identity is not a mental illness by itself. Trans people are screened for underlying mental illness at the start of the process. The most common problem is anxiety which is almost expected, but that by itself is not disqualifying to hormones and then transition.  +/- 20% of the population has an anxiety disorder.

You would do well to educate yourself about the subject from a reliable medical source. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.9  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
So you're saying if a bull was given cow hormones the bull would become a cow.

The proper term for that female hormone is estrogen. A steer is a bull that has been neutered by removed the testes, so it is halfway there. 

Bulls are male bovines that are capable of mating and reproduction as their testicles have not been removed. A steer, still a male bovine, is a bull that has been castrated. His testicles have been removed, while his penis and its sheath remain intact. Bovine castration is done most commonly long before sexual maturity when the bull is a young calf. As one bull can service many cows, only male bovines with the best genetics are left fully intact. Steers are used for meat production -- a task not requiring testicles.

Other Physical Differences

Because most steers were cut -- or had testicles removed -- at a young age, their bodies develop differently than do bulls. The muscular crest over the neck and shoulders of a bull is not present on a steer. Within a herd setting, bulls are more easily identifiable as such versus steers, whose bodies and muscular development are more similar to female bovine other than the presence of a penis. The hairy prepuce in the middle of a steer's underbelly covering the sheath housing his penis is less bushy and the sheath itself is less pronounced.

You are missing the crucial concept of gender identity in cows. I've never seen a psychologist on a ranch, but it might be possible.

Why are you so bothered by gender identity of a person that you don't know? Is it the fear of the unknown?  Do trans' people scare you or do you just need someone different to hate?

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.10  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
I have no clue as to why you refuse to accept this MEDICAL FACT, but your refusal doesn't change the fact that it's true.

Trans people usually perform worse than their CIS gendered counterparts once they have been on HRT for over a 2 year because of the weight increases. 

You have a distinct problem with trans people and it is obvious because of the many threads that you have seeded, both here and on Newsvine.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.11  epistte  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3.1    6 years ago
The shame should be applied to those young males who only identify as females, and have had no hormone therapy, and are allowed to compete as girls while remaining males.

They are not permitted to take part in athletic events in their identified gender until after they have been on HRT, usually for a year or more.  If she isn't on hormones then that would be a distinct problem. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.3.12  Skrekk  replied to  epistte @1.3.10    6 years ago

It's not a surprise that conservatives lack both knowledge and compassion on issues like this.    They simply don't care about trans kids, only cis kids who are straight, white and evangelical Christian.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.14  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
Nope, they don't scare me at all and I don't hate the mentally ill. I feel bad for them because they aren't getting the psychiatric help they so desperately need.

Transgendered people are not mentally ill.  They are different than you and I but they are rational people with a brain gender that is wrong for theior physcial body, despite the fact that you cannot understand that possibility.  Being transgendered in not a new idea because it was known about more than 2000 years ago.

The APA doesn't know why transgenders are fucked up mentally so rather than admit they don't know they've given in to the left.

What medical degree did you earn? I suggest that you learn about human sexuality.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.3.15  livefreeordie  replied to  epistte @1.3.14    6 years ago

You don’t need to have a medical degree to know that anyone believing they are so-called “transgender” with has mental stability issues or is demon possessed.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.16  epistte  replied to  livefreeordie @1.3.15    6 years ago
You don’t need to have a medical degree to know that anyone believing they are so-called “transgender” with has mental stability issues or is demon possessed.

I'd like to see any supporting evidence of this supposed transgendered mental instability.

Can you prove that demons exist?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.3.17  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  livefreeordie @1.3.15    6 years ago

Well, that’s just an obnoxious statement.  Yes, there is an issue in their mental processing, but no, it has nothing to do with mental stability or demons.  Some people are agoraphobic, some people are afraid of heights, some people are afraid of clowns.  Why does the right get the willies so bad when mental issues have anything to do with sexuality?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.3.18  livefreeordie  replied to  epistte @1.3.16    6 years ago

I’ve battled against and delivered people who were demonic possessed here and around the world. It is the mark of a fool to belittle that which you obviously know nothing about.

ive witnessed during a deliverance human bodies distort into contortions and expansions, along with super human strength that are not physically possible

ive seen the reaction of a demon possessed person when I touch them with anointing oil scream that the oil was like fire upon them

the distinctly U.N. human voices (and sometimes a range of such voices) that come out of them

in South Africa we encountered a young girl who was brought forward by her mother because they had to keep her restrained because she otherwise tried to kill herself and every living theming in her sight.  It too 6 hours with ourteam asshe tossed people larger than herself around like they were nothing. I have a photo of her the next day as a pleasant teenager now playing soccer with other kids

I don’t expect atheists to believe in the reality of the spiritual realm. Otherwise you would receive Christ

“For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.”
Ephesians 6:12-13 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.3.19  livefreeordie  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.3.17    6 years ago

Because denying who you are is a sign of mental instability

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.3.20  lennylynx  replied to  livefreeordie @1.3.18    6 years ago

The demons are calling me to the bar, Larry, can you help me?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.3.21  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  livefreeordie @1.3.19    6 years ago

Exactly.  The problem is, for them to satisfy you they would have do deny who they are, as they know know themselves to be.  You don’t get to decide who someone else is, that is their job.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.3.22  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  livefreeordie @1.3.18    6 years ago

I’ve battled against and delivered people who were demonic possessed here and around the world. It is the mark of a fool to belittle that which you obviously know nothing about.

Any rational thinking person would recognize who the fool is in that statement.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.3.25  livefreeordie  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.3.22    6 years ago

Yes, the person who denies the spiritual realm simply out of ignorance

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.27  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
A medical degree isn't a requirment to use common sense.

What common sense am I and the APA ignoring?

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.28  epistte  replied to  livefreeordie @1.3.25    6 years ago
Yes, the person who denies the spiritual realm simply out of ignorance

Demons do not exist. The people who you claim are possessed have serious mental illnesses. Excorcism has never cured anyone, but it has killed people. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.30  epistte  replied to  livefreeordie @1.3.19    6 years ago
Because denying who you are is a sign of mental instability

There is medical proof that male and female brains are physically different. Trans people have a male brain but a female body or a female brain and a male body.

A number of structural elements in the human brain differ between males and females. “Structural” refers to actual parts of the brain and the way they are built, including their size and/or mass.

Females often have a larger hippocampus, our human memory center. Females also often have a higher density of neural connections into the hippocampus. As a result, girls and women tend to input or absorb more sensorial and emotive information than males do. By “sensorial” we mean information to and from all five senses. If you note your observations over the next months of boys and girls and women and men, you will find that females tend to sense a lot more of what is going on around them throughout the day, and they retain that sensorial information more than men.

Additionally, before boys or girls are born, their brains developed with different hemispheric divisions of labor. The right and left hemispheres of the male and female brains are not set up exactly the same way. For instance, females tend to have verbal centers on both sides of the brain, while males tend to have verbal centers on only the left hemisphere. This is a significant difference. Girls tend to use more words when discussing or describing incidence, story, person, object, feeling, or place. Males not only have fewer verbal centers in general but also, often, have less connectivity between their word centers and their memories or feelings. When it comes to discussing feelings and emotions and senses together, girls tend to have an advantage, and they tend to have more interest in talking about these things.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.32  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
Unbelievable someone says something about a bull getting estrogen as a joke and you respond like you're an expert in barnyard animal sexuality.

Why do you have a problem understanding transgendered people?  

I am assuming that you cannot accept this because it would require you to rethink who you are and your opinions of human sexuality. You don't want to accept that these people didn't choose to be trans' and that makes it easier to hate and discriminate against them.  Your religious beliefs confirm your currently held bias.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.33  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
Correction: Is HE

If the person is male to female transgendered then proper pronoun is female.  You refer to her as she.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.3.36  Skrekk  replied to    6 years ago
I guess it because they're mentally ill, I can't make sense out of someone so disillusioned they think the opposite sex than what they are.

Deleted, Skirting  {SP}   

No relevant medical organization supports your transphobic views.

I know a transvestite that insists on being referred to as she or her even when he's dressed as a man that's someting I refuse to do, why? beacuse he's not a female

( Deleted, Coc {SP} ) since transvestism and being transgender are two different things.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.37  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
I guess it because they're mentally ill, I can't make sense out of someone so disillusioned they think the opposite sex than what they are.

It can be proven that they have a gendered brain that is incongruent for their body's physical gender. That is not a delusion.  Trans people are screened for delusions and other mental illness with the MMPI test.

BTW, Disillusioned means that they are disappointed or were led to believe that something is less than what is what portrayed to be.  You used the wrong word.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.38  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
You do, I'll never refer to a girl as HE or a boy as HER. I know a transvestite that insists on being referred to as she or her even when he's dressed as a man that's someting I refuse to do, why? beacuse he's not a female

Transvestites and transgendered people are not the same. That person may be androgynous and pan-gendered, so do as they ask and move on without judging them.

If someone is dressed as a female, such as a drag queen, then use the proper pronoun for that manner of dress. You are making this situation personal to you and that could be why you are having such a hard time understanding because you see this situation as personally insulting. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.3.39  Skrekk  replied to  livefreeordie @1.3.15    6 years ago

It's far more likely that those who believe in "demons" have rather severe mental health issues.

I’ve battled against and delivered people who were demonic possessed here and around the world.

LOL.    Please be sure to submit your peer-reviewed research about the "demon theory of disease" to the AMA.     You could win the Nobel prize for medicine the same year that your Fuhrer wins the Nobel peace prize.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @1    6 years ago

'Imagine your daughter trying her hardest to be the best at an event only to be beaten by two guys who recently decided they were females.  How many women's scholarships will be lost when more guys decide to use this loophole?  

Move decided to embrace the craziness.  I hope this happens more and more until natural born women finally decide enough is enough.  I guess there really isn't a wage gap issue... as it doesn't address how many "men" identify as women.

This is not an issue of people changing their gender on a whim or trying to use some kind of loophole to get a scholarship or wage increase.  

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    6 years ago

Is this the end of girls sports?

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1    replied to  charger 383 @2    6 years ago
Is this the end of girls sports?

E.A Is this where Navratilova Challenged whatwas his name and?? ( Connor)?

user image
Freshman Silent
3      6 years ago

IOC rules transgender athletes can take part in Olympics without surgery
Female-to-male athletes can compete ‘without restriction’, while male-to-female athletes must undergo hormone therapy, according to new guidelines

The IOC has relaxed rules governing pre-surgery transgender athletes taking part in the Olympics in time for the Rio Games later this year. Photograph: Mario Tama/Getty Images

Associated Press
Mon 25 Jan 2016 12.04 AEDT

The guidelines are designed as recommendations – not rules or regulations – for international sports federations and other bodies to follow and should apply for this year’s Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

“I don’t think many federations have rules on defining eligibility of transgender individuals,” IOC medical director Dr Richard Budgett said. “This should give them the confidence and stimulus to put these rules in place.”

Under the previous IOC guidelines, approved in 2003, athletes who transitioned from male to female or vice versa were required to have reassignment surgery followed by at least two years of hormone therapy in order to be eligible to compete.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1  Tacos!  replied to  @3    6 years ago
male-to-female athletes must undergo hormone therapy

It's not enough. Males develop stronger beating hearts, more efficient lungs, stronger muscles, ligaments, tendons, and bones. Heck, they probably have longer limbs than they would if they had developed as female. You don't just erase all of that with a few months or even a few years of hormone therapy. Anyone who made it into puberty as a male should have to compete as a male or it's unfair.

user image
Freshman Silent
3.1.1    replied to  Tacos! @3.1    6 years ago
Anyone who made it into puberty as a male should have to compete as a male or it's unfair.

E.A  Exactly one can not " Undo " all the Bone and Muscles that have developed!

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Tacos! @3.1    6 years ago

I believe in trans-gender rights but I have to agree with Tacos here.  Biological males are simply bigger and stronger than biological females.  I realize that it's not fair to the trans athletes but allowing  them to compete with bio females is not fair to the bio females.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  SteevieGee @3.1.2    6 years ago

Honestly, I think it sucks. I wish I had a simple answer for trans people that would be satisfying, but I don't think there is one. We still don't fully understand what is going on with everyone with trans issues, much less what to do about it. That doesn't mean we should just throw hormones at the problem or dress up differently and pretend everything is normal. Sometimes nature just makes it impossible for people to do certain things. Maybe they can shine some other way.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.4  Skrekk  replied to  SteevieGee @3.1.2    6 years ago
Biological males are simply bigger and stronger than biological females.

That's only the case for trans kids who don't receive puberty blockers and HRT at an appropriate time.   And according to medical specialists as well as the NCAA and the Olympic committee, there is no strength or speed advantage after a person has been on HRT for at least a year.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.5  Skrekk  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.3    6 years ago
That doesn't mean we should just throw hormones at the problem or dress up differently and pretend everything is normal. Sometimes nature just makes it impossible for people to do certain things. Maybe they can shine some other way.

What that comment shows is that you really don't give a crap about the welfare of these kids, and you don't care that without treatment they have a very high suicide rate.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
3.1.6  seeder  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.5    6 years ago

Ad absurdum.

Saying biological males should not be competing with bio girls is not saying you don't care what happens to them.  

If that was the case does that mean you don't care if a bio female committed suicide because she lost to a bio male who only recently decided they were female?

do you believe there are physical differences between men and women that make men more physically competitive?  

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
3.1.7  seeder  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.4    6 years ago

The proof seems to show otherwise.  Repeatedly F2M trans are heavily dominating women's events. Wrestling, Track, and even a near 40 mma fighter who was breaking women's jaws starting out when most fighters are several years into retirement.  These are piss poor male athletes who transition into women's sports and are now the top percent.  

I would actually agree that hormone blocked before puberty would not give any advantage... after puberty there is no denying the clear muscle advantage.  What's going to happen when someone like Brock Lesnar decides he wants to wrestle women's...what kind of damage could he do?  If m2f transitioning didn't have any advantage in sports and it was all their skill "as a woman"... then we would be able to see a clear mirror on the f2m transitioning athletes.  How many f2m athletes have you saw winning men's sports?

Im all for calling someone whatever pronoun they want. It's gone past that into territory that everyone must agree 100% with them.  People claiming you are transphobe if you wouldn't date a trans or you think they shouldn't be competing in competitive sports against women. The simple truth is they will never be the bio sex thy want to be.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.8  Skrekk  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @3.1.7    6 years ago
People claiming you are transphobe if you wouldn't date a trans or you think they shouldn't be competing in competitive sports against women.

No to the former, quite obviously yes to the latter.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.9  Skrekk  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @3.1.6    6 years ago
Saying biological males should not be competing with bio girls is not saying you don't care what happens to them.

Sure it is.   Just the fact that you use the phrase "biological males" shows that you really don't give a crap about the welfare of these kids and aren't working to reduce ignorance and bias against them.   You're part of the problem not the solution.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
3.1.10  seeder  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.8    6 years ago

There very much is a growing group of people who say you are a bigot if you wouldn't date a trans person 

Give it time to reach a national agenda on the DNC platform and I'm sure you will say the same

it very much isn't bigoted to think a m2f shouldn't compete with bio women.  that claim is just a way to ignore scientific facts and place feelings over science

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
3.1.11  seeder  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.9    6 years ago

Why is saying biological males wrong?  They are biological males.  Feels don't trump biology.  Everything doesn't have to be an all or nothing end game.   You an Carr about the well being of someone but still look objectively at facts.  You don't have to agree 100% with people.  That is an extremist attitude.

i care about my relatives... doesn't mean I have to buy into their religious fantasy the earth is 6k years old just because it hurts their feelings when I call BS on it

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.12  Skrekk  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @3.1.11    6 years ago
Why is saying biological males wrong?  They are biological males.  

First because you haven't stated what you think a "biological male" refers to.   Are you referring to cellular genetics, reproductive physiology, secondary sexual trait morphology, or neural traits driven by sex differentiation of the brain.....like sexual orientation and gender identity?    All of those things can vary from one individual to the next yet they're all biological traits.    Heck, you obviously aren't even aware that there are at least 6 viable genetic sex karyotypes in humans yet the vast majority of people never get their genetic sex karyotype tested.     It's not even clear on which of these traits you want to classify children as "biological male" or "biological female".

Feels don't trump biology.  Everything doesn't have to be an all or nothing end game.   You an Carr about the well being of someone but still look objectively at facts.  You don't have to agree 100% with people.  That is an extremist attitude.

I have no clue what any of that means.

i care about my relatives... doesn't mean I have to buy into their religious fantasy the earth is 6k years old just because it hurts their feelings when I call BS on it

You can deal with your superstitious and gullible relatives however you like, but in the end our public schools won't be allowed to discriminate against transgender kids or deny them access to athletic programs.....Title IX alone will prohibit that.    I suggest you learn to deal with it.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.13  Skrekk  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @3.1.10    6 years ago
There very much is a growing group of people who say you are a bigot if you wouldn't date a trans person

Cool.....feel free to whine to them directly when they accuse you of that.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.14  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.12    6 years ago
First because you haven't stated what you think a "biological male" refers to . . . 

He doesn’t have to state what is common knowledge in every society on earth since the dawn of humanity. There are only two genders and even animals can tell the difference between them. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.15  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.14    6 years ago

That comment is straight from the Bronze age and reveals a profound ignorance not just of biology but of human fetal development.

The good thing is that most sports organizations today are more enlightened than you are.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
3.1.16  seeder  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.12    6 years ago

I don't need to define what biologically male means.  That is absurd.  It's been clearly defined for a long while now.  You can say your gender is fluid.  Whatever.. Your biological sex is set however.  Biological sex isn't gender.  That's been established for the most part.  Even the variances of f XX and XY you want to mention as 6 types.. you failed to mention those are genertic deformities.  Xxy etc... those aren't standard pairings.  They aren't common at all.  I get you want to be recognized as the biological sex you identify as.  It must be rough going through life feeling you don't identify as your bio sex.  Life isn't always fair though.  And changing your hair style, saying you identify as whatever, and realllly wishing to the blue fairy doesn't make something scientifically true.  

Bio sex is fixed and based on varying factors.  Gender is somewhat more flexible.  It is a murky period with this for sure.  People want to be accommodating and they are trying to.  Eventually that will give way to common sense when the majority of state championships are won by more trans women and people finally say it's time to acknowledge the differences between biological sexes.  

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
3.1.17  seeder  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.13    6 years ago

Who said anything about whining .  I was just showing you that there is a movement to call people bigoted for not dating trans.  You said that wasn't the case.  I just provided one example.  Would you date a trans person?  If not then you would be a bigot by your thinking.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.18  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.15    6 years ago
That comment is straight from the Bronze age and reveals a profound ignorance not just of biology but of human fetal development.

The Bronze Age has you beat because they could tell the difference between men and women without a course in fetal development. But I’ll help you out. Female fetuses grow up to be women and male fetuses grow up to be men. 

The good thing is that most sports organizations today are more enlightened than you are.

Theyre not enlightened at all. They simply succumbed to a stupid political narrative. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.19  sandy-2021492  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.18    6 years ago

You do know that intersex is a thing, right?

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.20  epistte  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.18    6 years ago
The Bronze Age has you beat because they could tell the difference between men and women without a course in fetal development. But I’ll help you out. Female fetuses grow up to be women and male fetuses grow up to be men.

That is true about 98% of the time, except for those instances of people being intersexxed or people being transgendered.  Our DNA does not always determine our gender identity congruently with our body's gender.  Once you understand that fact everything else falls into place. 

Do you also have a problem with the idea that 90%+ of people are heterosexual there are many people who are attracted to people of the same outward gender or possibly both genders?

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.21  epistte  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.14    6 years ago
He doesn’t have to state what is common knowledge in every society on earth since the dawn of humanity. There are only two genders and even animals can tell the difference between them.

That is patently wrong because trans people have existed for longer than Christianity. 

The native American term for trans people was two-spirit.

While the term Two Spirit was coined in 1990 In Winnipeg, Canada as a means of unifying various gender identities and expressions of Native American/First Nations/Indigenous individuals, the term is not a specific definition of gender, sexual orientation or other self-determining catch-all phrase, but rather an umbrella term.

Two Spirit people have both a male and female spirit within them and are blessed by their Creator to see life through the eyes of both genders.

The term does not diminish the tribal-specific names, roles and traditions nations have for their own Two Spirit people. Examples of such names are the winkte among the Lakota and the nadleeh among the Navajo people.

These names and roles go back to a time before western religion. Two Spirit is not a “New Age” movement, but rather a reclamation of Two Spirit’s rightful place in Native culture.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.22  1ofmany  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.19    6 years ago
You do know that intersex is a thing, right?

An intersex condition is verifiable. People who are not intersex but think they’re the wrong gender have a mental disorder. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.23  Skrekk  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @3.1.16    6 years ago
I don't need to define what biologically male means.  That is absurd.  It's been clearly defined for a long while now.  You can say your gender is fluid.  Whatever.. Your biological sex is set however.  Biological sex isn't gender.  That's been established for the most part.  Even the variances of f XX and XY you want to mention as 6 types.. you failed to mention those are genertic deformities.  Xxy etc... those aren't standard pairings.  They aren't common at all.  I get you want to be recognized as the biological sex you identify as.  It must be rough going through life feeling you don't identify as your bio sex. 

So......you admit that genetic sex karyotype isn't the determinative factor and is more than binary anyway, but then you neglected to discuss all the changes caused by prenatal hormones or epigenetic changes post natally, things which generally drive physical morphology including internal and external reproductive traits.    In fact you seem unaware that there are even cases where one twin of a zygotic pair is cisgender and the other transgender, so at best you seem oblivious  not just to the science on this issue but also to the case histories which demonstrate that genetic sex karyotype doesn't control gender identity.    In other words your simplistic notion of a male-female dichotomy is just that: simplistic and ignorant of the real complexity of human fetal development.    What's worse is that when a child varies from an average set of traits you want that child to suffer or be harmed, apparently because they don't fit the square hole of your primitive Bronze-age mythology.

Life isn't always fair though.  And changing your hair style, saying you identify as whatever, and realllly wishing to the blue fairy doesn't make something scientifically true

It just means that you're part of the reason why so many transgender kids kill themselves.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.24  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.22    6 years ago
People who are not intersex but think they’re the wrong gender have a mental disorder.

You won't find any credible or relevant medical organization which supports that bigoted and ignorant comment.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.25  1ofmany  replied to  epistte @3.1.20    6 years ago
That is true about 98% of the time, except for those instances of people being intersexxed or people being transgendered.  Our DNA does not always determine our gender identity congruently with our body's gender.  Once you understand that fact everything else falls into place. 

Intersex and transgenderism are not synonyms. The former is a physical anomaly; the latter is a mental disorder. Once you understand that fact everything else falls into place. 

Do you also have a problem with the idea that 90%+ of people are heterosexual there are many people who are attracted to people of the same outward gender or possibly both genders?

Recognizing reality isn’t a problem but escaping it is. People can be attracted to the same sex, other people’s feet, children, their siblings, parents, animals, dead bodies, and inanimate objects. It’s all deviant behavior and I recognize it as such. If somebody said that he believes he’s Napoleon, then he really needs to get his head examined rather than expect me to call him your majesty. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.26  1ofmany  replied to  epistte @3.1.21    6 years ago
That is patently wrong because trans people have existed for longer than Christianity. 

There is no such thing as trans people. Transgenderism is a mental disorder. 

The native American term for trans people was two-spirit.

It was a spiritual concept and had nothing to do with the current notion of someone claiming to be transgender. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.27  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.26    6 years ago

That's an obviously false and ignorant statement presumably based solely on your superstitions since no relevant medical organization supports your claim.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.28  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.24    6 years ago
People who are not intersex but think they’re the wrong gender have a mental disorder.

You won't find any credible or relevant medical organization which supports that bigoted and ignorant comment.

You conflate intersex and transgenderism as it suits you but transgenderism is gender identity dysphoria. It is a mental disorder. 

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.29  epistte  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.25    6 years ago
Recognizing reality isn’t a problem but escaping it is. People can be attracted to the same sex, other people’s feet, children, their siblings, parents, animals, dead bodies, and inanimate objects. It’s all deviant behavior and I recognize it as such.

Trans people don't think that they are a different person. They are the same person but they know that their gender identity is incongruent for their biological gender. They literally are in the wrong gendered body.

Are you trying to claim that pedophiles, bestiality and necrophiles are the same as people who are gay, bisexual and lesbian?  Something tells me that you are a bit deep in the closet with this level of hatred.  Doth protests too much to be normal.............

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.30  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.27    6 years ago

That's an obviously false and ignorant statement presumably based solely on your superstitions since no relevant medical organization supports your claim.

Ok, then your opposite view is a false and ignorant statement presumably driven by a twisted desire to bend reality to accommodate a mental disorder. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.31  1ofmany  replied to  epistte @3.1.29    6 years ago
Trans people don't think that they are a different person. They are the same person but they know that their gender identity is incongruent for their biological gender. They literally are in the wrong gendered body.

They are not in the wrong body. They suffer from a mental disorder. 

Are you trying to claim that pedophiles, bestiality and necrophiles are the same as people who are gay, bisexual and lesbian?  Something tells me that you are a bit deep in the closet with this level of hatred.  Doth protests too much to be normal.............

They are all deviant sexual behaviors (some illegal, some not). And yes of course any view contrary to your own is hatred or an “ist” or “phobe” or some other slur. You’re wasting your time with your psychology version of “it takes one to know one” baloney. It’s about as silly as saying that only a pedophile would think pedophilia is abnormal. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.32  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.28    6 years ago
You conflate intersex and transgenderism as it suits you

Please cite exactly where you think I did that.     But note that since being trans appears to be caused by the same sort of prenatal hormones which cause many other intersex conditions it could be properly classified as an intersex condition.    However I suspect that most trans folks would object to that classification since gender identity is a neurological trait and not one about reproductive morphology.

but transgenderism is gender identity dysphoria. It is a mental disorder.

Sorry but you obviously know little to nothing about this topic.    Gender dysphoria isn't synonymous with being transgender and both cis and trans folks are capable of experiencing it.   Neither being transgender or gender dysphoria itself are considered mental disorders despite the fact that the DSM-5 contains a diagnostic protocol for gender dysphoria.     In fact the primary cause of gender dysphoria is ignorant bigots and their punitive and discordant reaction to a person which conflicts with their internal gender identity.     It's really just a natural reaction against the bigots and the culture which stigmatize them.   Once again it seems that you're the problem, not the solution.    This might help clue you in a bit:

Transgender people and their allies have pointed out that distress in gender dysphoria is not an inherent part of being transgender. This sets it apart from many other disorders in the DSM, because if someone is depressed, for example, he or she is, almost by definition, distressed as  part of depression . In contrast, the distress that accompanies gender dysphoria arises as a result of a culture that stigmatizes people who do not conform to gender norms, Rosenberg said.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.33  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.30    6 years ago
Ok, then your opposite view is a false and ignorant statement presumably driven by a twisted desire to bend reality to accommodate a mental disorder.

At least my "opposite view" is actually supported by the science as well as by all relevant medical organizations.    Your views appear to be supported only by primitive superstitions and have no scientific or medical support whatsoever.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.34  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.32    6 years ago
Please cite exactly where you think I did that.     

You brought up intersex and implied that it necessarily has some bearing on transgenderism. It doesn’t. 

But note that since being trans appears to be caused by the same sort of prenatal hormones which cause many other intersex conditions it could be properly classified as an intersex condition.    However I suspect that most trans folks would object to that classification since gender identity is a neurological trait and not one about reproductive morphology.

That’s purely speculative. Nobody has ever established that transgenderism is “caused” by any such thing. In fact, other than someone telling you they’re transgender, there’s no way to know it.

but transgenderism is gender identity dysphoria. It is a mental disorder.

Sorry but you obviously know little to nothing about this topic.    Gender dysphoria isn't synonymous with being transgender and both cis and trans folks are capable of experiencing it.   

There’s no such thing as cis and trans. I didn’t say dysphoria was limited to transgenderism but it’s still a mental condition.  

Neither being transgender or gender dysphoria itself are considered mental disorders despite the fact that the DSM-5 contains a diagnostic protocol for gender dysphoria.     In fact the primary cause of gender dysphoria is ignorant bigots and their punitive and discordant reaction to a person which conflicts with their internal gender identity.     It's really just a natural reaction against the bigots and the culture which stigmatize them.   Once again it seems that you're the problem, not the solution.    This might help clue you in a bit:

No the real problem is the insufferable jackasses who go around telling everybody else that they need to bend to accommodate a delusion so the deluded can be comfortably crazy. Its called enabling. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.35  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.33    6 years ago
At least my "opposite view" is actually supported by the science as well as by all relevant medical organizations.

Your opposite view is just a bunch of malarkey pitched by modern day snake oil salesmen. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.36  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.35    6 years ago
Your opposite view is just a bunch of malarkey pitched by modern day snake oil salesmen.

The good thing is that medical science has moved far beyond your primitive superstitions.   That's why the suicide rate of trans folks is normalized when they receive proper treatment, because science ignores your primitive superstitions.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.37  epistte  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.31    6 years ago
They are not in the wrong body. They suffer from a mental disorder.

Medical professionals differ from your untrained opinions. Your opinions are unsupported by scientific fact.  The physical differences in male and female brains are visible via MRI and most trans have the brain of the wrong gendered body and it can be verified by medical imagining. It can also be proven by an autopsy.

To claim that homosexuality and pedophilia, bestiality or necrophilia are the same is ignorant in the extreme. Nobody is being harmed when two consenting adults of the same gender are attracted to each other.   

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.39  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.34    6 years ago
You brought up intersex and implied that it necessarily has some bearing on transgenderism. It doesn’t. 

No, what I said is that prenatal hormones are what cause sex differentiation both for neurological structure and for internal and external reproductive morphology.

That’s purely speculative. Nobody has ever established that transgenderism is “caused” by any such thing. In fact, other than someone telling you they’re transgender, there’s no way to know it.

As I've mentioned elsewhere there are cases of zygotic twins where one is trans and the other cis, in at least one case where both were raised by the same conservative family and had the same friends and other developmental experiences.    The trans twin was expressing a female gender identity by the age of 2.     So whatever structural neurological differences exist between these identical twins happened some time prior to the age of 2.     Given that we know from animal studies that a closely related sex-differentiated trait like sexual orientation can be controlled by a hormonal switch during a prenatal critical development period, it's reasonable to assume the same is true of gender identity - that it's controlled by prenatal hormones.   Of course we can't ask other animals what their gender identity is nor can it be observed in their behavior, and it's unethical to perform such experiments on humans........so I guess the only possible explanation is that transgender folks are infested by Bronze-age demons and that's what the fMRI tests have discovered.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.40  Skrekk  replied to  epistte @3.1.29    6 years ago

I missed that part of his comment.   LOL.   It doesn't surprise me at all that there are still such bigoted and superstitious people around.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.41  1ofmany  replied to  epistte @3.1.37    6 years ago
The physical differences in male and female brains are visible via MRI and most trans have the brain of the wrong gendered body and it can be verified by medical imagining. 

You know full well that is just conjecture based on a small unreliable study. 

To claim that homosexuality and pedophilia, bestiality or necrophilia are the same is ignorant in the extreme. Nobody is being harmed when two consenting adults of the same gender are attracted to each other. 

Whether anybody is harmed by the behavior has no logical bearing whatsoever on whether the behavior is deviant. 

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.42  epistte  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.41    6 years ago

Considering how rare gender identity disorder is, 150 individuals who participated is not a small study. 

If you are convinced that you know so much about the condition, how would you treat it with a better outcome than the current medical/psych protocol?  PUOSU!

Whether anybody is harmed by the behavior has no logical bearing whatsoever on whether the behavior is deviant. 

Why are you concerned about what two consenting adults do?  Do you also desire to limit heterosexual intercourse that isn't missionary position for procreation? 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.43  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.41    6 years ago

What it does is reveal your anti-trans and anti-gay bias.    It was your choice to compare gender identity and sexual orientation (neurological traits which everyone has) to the rape of children and animals and the molestation of corpses.    That reveals quite a lot about you, no different (and equally irrelevant) than if you had compared left-handed people to pedophiles.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.45  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.39    6 years ago
No, what I said is that prenatal hormones are what cause sex differentiation both for neurological structure and for internal and external reproductive morphology.

And none of that has been proven. It is entirely speculative and you know it. .

As I've mentioned elsewhere there are cases of zygotic twins where one is trans and the other cis, in at least one case where both were raised by the same conservative family and had the same friends and other developmental experiences.    The trans twin was expressing a female gender identity by the age of 2.     So whatever structural neurological differences exist between these identical twins happened some time prior to the age of 2.     Given that we know from animal studies that a closely related sex-differentiated trait like sexual orientation can be controlled by a hormonal switch during a prenatal critical development period, it's reasonable to assume the same is true of gender identity - that it's controlled by prenatal hormones.   Of course we can't ask other animals what their gender identity is nor can it be observed in their behavior, and it's unethical to perform such experiments on humans........so I guess the only possible explanation is that transgender folks are infested by Bronze-age demons and that's what the fMRI tests have discovered

Piling malarkey higher doesn’t make it persuasive. No you cannot identify a trans twin by objective evidence. No we don’t know that sexual orientation can be controlled by a hormonal switch. No MRI tests havent “proven”anything. And, no, we need not conclude “trans gender folks” are possessed by Bronze-age demons. Transgenderism is a mental disorder not demonic possession. 

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.46  epistte  replied to    6 years ago

You're going to be hard-pressed to find more individuals who are willing to participate because of the rareness of the condition. It isn't like breast cancer, autism or Alzheimer's. 

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.47  epistte  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.45    6 years ago
Piling malarkey higher doesn’t make it persuasive. No you cannot identify a trans twin by objective evidence. No we don’t know that sexual orientation can be controlled by a hormonal switch. No MRI tests havent “proven”anything. And, no, we need not conclude “trans gender folks” are possessed by Bronze-age demons. Transgenderism is a mental disorder not demonic possession.

You have posted the same angry opinion for almost an hour. Where is your proof? 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.48  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.43    6 years ago
What it does is reveal your anti-trans and anti-gay bias.    It was your choice to compare gender identity and sexual orientation (neurological traits which everyone has) to the rape of children and animals and the molestation of corpses.    That reveals quite a lot about you, no different (and equally irrelevant) than if you had compared left-handed people to pedophiles.

Then your opinion reveals a pro-perversion bias. I compared sexual behaviors. Being left-handed is not sexual . . . well, maybe yours is to you.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.49  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.45    6 years ago
Piling malarkey higher doesn’t make it persuasive.

Sounds like your head is firmly stuck in the sand and you refuse to look at the current science on this issue.

No you cannot identify a trans twin by objective evidence.

The identical twins I mentioned weren't studied by fMRI, but given what I know of other fMRI studies of transgender folks it's quite likely that the same sort of differences would be found which are related to sex-differentiation of the brain.

No we don’t know that sexual orientation can be controlled by a hormonal switch.

Yes we do from animal studies.    Once again we run into ethical issues which prevent experiments on humans but it would be unreasonable to expect humans to somehow be magically different here.

No MRI tests havent “proven”anything.

I seriously doubt you know anything about those tests or any of the other studies on this topic.

And, no, we need not conclude “trans gender folks” are possessed by Bronze-age demons. Transgenderism is a mental disorder not demonic possession. 

LOL.    Your claim that being transgender is a "mental disorder" is no different from attributing it to demonic possession.     In other words both claims are moronic and have no support whatsoever in science, and both claims are rooted in superstition and bias.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.50  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.48    6 years ago
Then your opinion reveals a pro-perversion bias. I compared sexual behaviors. Being left-handed is not sexual . . . well, maybe yours is to you.

Neither gender identity or sexual orientation are "sexual behaviors".     (Skirting the CoC removed) Telo

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.51  1ofmany  replied to  epistte @3.1.42    6 years ago
Considering how rare gender identity disorder is, 150 individuals who participated is not a small study. 

You know that’s not true, 

If you are convinced that you know so much about the condition, how would you treat it with a better outcome than the current medical/psych protocol? 

I’m not trying to develop a treatment. All I’m trying to do is establish that they’re the ones with the problem, not society l 

Why are you concerned about what two consenting adults do?  Do you also desire to limit heterosexual intercourse that isn't missionary position for procreation? 

I don’t give a rat’s ass what they or anybody else does in their bedroom. What I care about is somebody telling me that I have to accept abnormal behavior as normal. What do I mean by that? I don’t want to be compelled under any circumstances to accept that a man is a woman or vice versa. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.52  1ofmany  replied to  epistte @3.1.47    6 years ago
You have posted the same angry opinion for almost an hour. Where is your proof? 

I’m not angry and all you’ve posted as “proof” is either your opinion or somebody else’s. Since all that’s on the table is opinion, mine is as good as yours. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
3.1.53  sixpick  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.49    6 years ago

The current science is PC Science. LOL  I think they should have a third track and field event only for transgenders.  It's not fair when a man with a man's body decides, whether it's true or not, he's a female, but has the muscles of a man to run against girls and take all the trophy's.  (Skirting the CoC removed) Telo

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.54  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.51    6 years ago
I’m not trying to develop a treatment. All I’m trying to do is establish that they’re the ones with the problem, not society l 

Actually what the science shows is that views like those you hold are the primary cause of the high suicide rate of trans folks, particularly when those odious views are held by the parent of a transgender kid.

What I care about is somebody telling me that I have to accept abnormal behavior as normal. What do I mean by that? I don’t want to be compelled under any circumstances to accept that a man is a woman or vice versa. 

You just don't like medical facts which challenge your nutty superstitions about rigid gender norms and gender roles.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.55  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @3.1.52    6 years ago
I’m not angry and all you’ve posted as “proof” is either your opinion or somebody else’s. Since all that’s on the table is opinion, mine is as good as yours.

Except you can't cite any credible studies or medical organizations to support your Bronze-age views.    All you have is mythology and superstition, not science.

user image
Freshman Silent
5      6 years ago

https://www.thesportster.com/entertainment/top-15-famous-transgender-athletes/

user image
Freshman Silent
6      6 years ago

by Mollie Brown – on Jul 24th in Entertainment
Athletes have long been segregated on the basis of sex. But what happens to the athletes whose physiological traits that distinguish them as female or male don’t match their gender identity? In her first major public appearance since coming out as transgender, Caitlyn Jenner used her acceptance speech for the ESPY's Arthur Ashe Courage Award to talk about her life as an athlete and a transgendered woman.
By definition, transgender is an “umbrella term” that is “used to describe anyone whose identity or behaviour falls outside stereotypical gender norms. More narrowly defined, it refers to individuals whose gender identity does not match their assigned birth gender. Being transgender does not imply any specific sexual orientation (attraction to people of a specific gender). Therefore, transgender people may additionally identify as straight, gay, lesbian or bisexual.”

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
8  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

My own opinion is that transgender kids should voluntarily stay out of team sports.  Not being a sports fan, that’s easy for me to say, but it just seems to make the most sense to me.  I am fine with them living the way they want, and enjoying the same freedoms as the rest of us, but competitive athletics will only serve to draw a shitload of unwanted attention to themselves.  Pick up a skateboard or a snowboard and go nuts - but racing people to a finish line, wrestling, tackling - all that stuff will leave doubts in anyone’s mind about fairness.  Even having a transgender woman tee off from the ladies tee seems like an unfair advantage.

Full disclosure - my step daughter is on a transgender path.  Thankfully she is not into sports so much.  She probably would disagree with everything I said here though.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
8.1  Skrekk  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @8    6 years ago
My own opinion is that transgender kids should voluntarily stay out of team sports.  Not being a sports fan, that’s easy for me to say, but it just seems to make the most sense to me.

That really doesn't make any sense given that many sports organizations from the NCAA to the Olympics have already adopted standards to address this kind of issue.    There also seems to be an assumption made in the article and by the seeder that the competition was somehow unfair.    Apparently it's only "fair" if the transgender kid loses.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Skrekk @8.1    6 years ago

What standards are there to ‘address’?  Does male physical stamina get tamped down with estrogen to be more in line with female competitive levels?  Does female physical stamina get boosted with testosterone to be more in line with male competitive levels?  I’m not convinced that we have that kind of science mastered to the point where it could be considered fair competition.  When I look at Caitlyn Jenner, I still see a male frame and features that hormones won’t ‘correct’.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Skrekk @8.1    6 years ago
"Apparently it's only "fair" if the transgender kid loses."

That is the most bullshit statement I've ever seen you write. I had actually started considering you to be a reasonable person who made common sense. Ever see a horserace between a thoroughbred and a mule?  Is that fair? You know damn well that transgenders with masculine attributes are BOUND to have more strength and stamina than girls. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Skrekk @8.1    6 years ago
There also seems to be an assumption made in the article and by the seeder that the competition was somehow unfair.

It is totally unfair because they are still biological males, in spite of what they think they are!

epistte
Junior Guide
8.1.4  epistte  replied to  Greg Jones @8.1.3    6 years ago
It is totally unfair because they are still biological males, in spite of what they think they are!

No, they are not.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
8.1.5  Skrekk  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @8.1.1    6 years ago
Does male physical stamina get tamped down with estrogen to be more in line with female competitive levels?  Does female physical stamina get boosted with testosterone to be more in line with male competitive levels?

Yes to both.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
8.1.6  1ofmany  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.2    6 years ago

They can enter a mule in a horse race because the mule thinks it’s a horse and let’s see if anybody’s stupid enough to bet on the mule. On the other hand, instead of just letting the horses race, maybe we should hobble the horse so the mule has a chance. 

user image
Freshman Silent
8.1.7    replied to  1ofmany @8.1.6    6 years ago
On the other hand, instead of just letting the horses race, maybe we should hobble the horse so the mule has a chance.

E.A that IS what is being done, did You see the Video I posted on the Navratilova Vs Connors Match, have a look and see how " Level the Playing Field " was note the " Tram Line " rules one Vs the Other, and the end result still was?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
8.1.8  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @8.1.5    6 years ago
Does male physical stamina get tamped down with estrogen to be more in line with female competitive levels?  Does female physical stamina get boosted with testosterone to be more in line with male competitive levels?

Yes to both.

No to both. The idea is for athletes to compete without performance enhancing drugs. Same goes for drugs that blunt performance. Compete naturally. If your body doesn’t fit your mind, then fix your mind because it’s broken. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
8.1.9  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @8.1.8    6 years ago
If your body doesn’t fit your mind, then fix your mind because it’s broken.

Good thing that doctors don't take advice from the uninformed, eh?     HRT and GRS are simple but medical science still has no means of altering one's gender identity, nor would it be ethical to do so.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    6 years ago

I believe the rules should always be designed so as to eliminate any advantages, and generally that's going to be in the female sports.

So, if someone was born male and had significant time to develop as male, they should have to compete as male, no matter what they identify as and no matter how many hormones they are on. Simply beginning estrogen therapy or having surgery is not enough. Males develop in all sorts of ways that benefit them athletically, and those advantages don't just disappear. They diminish, but they don't vanish.

Alternatively, athletes born as women should not be allowed to compete as women if they have undergone testosterone therapy to make them more male. Even the people who are taking the bare minimum in testosterone supplements will have levels several times higher than the most naturally testosterone-laden female and will have correspondingly superior speed, strength, and stamina.

On the other hand, if you were born female and transitioning to male, or born male and transitioning to female, you won't have any competitive advantages in boys' sports.

The whole point is to create a fair and level playing field. We can't allow the rare individual to abuse that idea just so they can "fit in." In the same way, I wouldn't allow a student with no legs to ride a scooter in track just for the sake of inclusivity. I don't see anybody lowering the rim so the vertically challenged can excel at basketball. We can't all "fit in." 

user image
Freshman Silent
9.1    replied to  Tacos! @9    6 years ago
I don't see anybody lowering the rim so the vertically challenged can excel at basketball. We can't all "fit in."

E.A LOL but they do that , see all the " emergency services " how they have done that exact same things, sport is just the " last vestige ":

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
9.2  Skrekk  replied to  Tacos! @9    6 years ago
So, if someone was born male and had significant time to develop as male, they should have to compete as male, no matter what they identify as and no matter how many hormones they are on.

That's simply not correct.

Simply beginning estrogen therapy or having surgery is not enough.

Again, not correct.   And surgery is not only irrelevant, it's generally not even possible for high school athletes.

I suspect you have a strange idea of what it means to be transgender.   No surgery is required (despite the laws in some of the more benighted red states regarding the recognition of the person's true gender identity).

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @9.2    6 years ago

If you have a penis, you are a male.

You are still a male even if you have chosen to live as something else.

user image
Freshman Silent
9.2.2    replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.1    6 years ago

E.A  Even if one CHOPS it OFF and replaces it with a Slit, the DNA, the Testosterone Production, The Muscle and Bone Density, The Bone Marrow Iron production guess what?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  Skrekk @9.2    6 years ago

That's simply not correct.

Again, not correct

I suspect you have a strange idea of what it means to be transgender.

What a useless contribution. I beg you, please don't respond to anything I say with "that's wrong" or "bullshit" or some other empty statement. I'm actually interested in intelligently discussing the issue. If you disagree with something I say, don't waste our lives just declaring it to be wrong. Supply a real reason. How about some evidence? How about some level of explanation beyond a declaration that I'm wrong and an ad hominem attack that I'm likely too stupid to understand the real issues. If you can't contribute to the conversation, I urge you not to take part. What a waste!

epistte
Junior Guide
9.2.4  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.1    6 years ago

Your sex organs or your DNA do not determine your gender identity. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @9.2.4    6 years ago

I never claimed they did, so exactly what part of my statement are you arguing against?

user image
Freshman Silent
10      6 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGRIf7e6fP0

user image
Freshman Silent
10.1    replied to  @10    6 years ago
The Battles of Sexes or Battle of Champions!

E.A Any one notice the " Equality " about the " Tram Lines "?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

If they have separate olympics for those with phyical disablilities they should do the same kind of thing for transexuals. If men and women do not compete in those types of sports, then the exception should be made in this case as well.  Has the whole concept of fairness gone down the drain because of overzealous PC?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.1  Skrekk  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11    6 years ago
If they have separate olympics for those with phyical disablilities they should do the same kind of thing for transexuals.

FYI the Olympics and many other sports organizations already have standards to address transgender athletes.   It's not a problem despite the wingnuts who try to make it an issue.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Skrekk @11.1    6 years ago

Why is a person a wingnut if they complain that transexuals winning over girls is unfair, when the transexuals have masculine strength and stamina that is not lost when they discarded their penis and testicles?  Sorry, but I know very little about that situation, and must bow to your superior knowledge of it.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.1.2  Skrekk  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11.1.1    6 years ago

Neither of us know the details of the hormone levels of these athletes (the anatomy itself is irrelevant), but at least at the college and professional level there already are standards in place.    It's more complicated at the high school level in part because bias and ignorance have often delayed trans kids receiving proper treatment, and there are legal and medical ethics restrictions too.

Note that what the seed seems to be complaining about is also present in the converse situation, where a high school in Texas didn't allow a trans male wrestler to compete on the boy's team and instead only allowed him to compete on the girl's team....where of course he won.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
11.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11    6 years ago

To me, that seems reasonable.  Divisions for transsexuals, segregated by which way they've transitioned, would remove unfair advantage.  Trans men would have trouble competing with cis men, too.  This would allow cis women to compete against those who have not had the influence of male levels of testosterone for much of their growing years, and prevent trans men from having to compete against men who did those levels of testosterone, while the trans men did not.  It seems more fair to everyone involved, including the trans athletes themselves.

As a former athlete, who competed against boys in my younger days, I can't see how a cis woman could compete against a trans woman at more advanced levels.  Yes, I did well playing baseball with boys, at 12 or so.  And then they hit their growth spurts at about the same time that I quit growing.  I could still outplay some, but I was never going to be on the starting lineup as I had before.

I can't imagine that, if Kaitlyn Jenner were still competing in sports, that she wouldn't have an unfair advantage over cis women of her same age.  She's still taller and more muscular than the majority of cis women, and that's just biological fact.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.2.1  Skrekk  replied to  sandy-2021492 @11.2    6 years ago
Divisions for transsexuals, segregated by which way they've transitioned, would remove unfair advantage.  Trans men would have trouble competing with cis men, too.

None of that is accurate.

I can't imagine that, if Kaitlyn Jenner were still competing in sports, that she wouldn't have an unfair advantage over cis women of her same age.  She's still taller and more muscular than the majority of cis women, and that's just biological fact.

Assuming that she's been on HRT for more than a year or two then she has no advantage in musculature compared to a cis female athlete of the same age.    The only advantage she might have is skeletal size, but that's not a generic advantage at all and there are many woman taller than Jenner.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
11.2.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Skrekk @11.2.1    6 years ago

With respect, I'd like to see links to all of that information.

Also, musculature is not the only aspect of physique which contributes to athletic prowess.  In many sports, height is also an advantage.  Yes,  there are women taller than Kaitlyn, but not many.  On average, male athletes are taller than female athletes.  That affects rebound ability, stride length, arm speed in throwing, club speed in golf - all areas in which men, on average, would have an advantage, even if there were little difference in musculature. 

In some, height would be a disadvantage.  I doubt many trans men could compete in women's gymnastics, for example.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
11.2.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  sandy-2021492 @11.2.2    6 years ago
I doubt many trans men could compete in women's gymnastics, for example.

Should have said trans women.  A woman who transitioned after developing as a man would likely be too tall for women's gymnastics, and have too high a center of gravity to excel at balance beam.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.2.4  Skrekk  replied to  sandy-2021492 @11.2.2    6 years ago
Also, musculature is not the only aspect of physique which contributes to athletic prowess.  In many sports, height is also an advantage.  Yes,  there are women taller than Kaitlyn, but not many.  On average, male athletes are taller than female athletes.  That affects rebound ability, stride length, arm speed in throwing, club speed in golf - all areas in which men, on average, would have an advantage, even if there were little difference in musculature.

Agreed, but what you're missing is the issue of puberty and the development of secondary sex traits.    Trans kids who are treated according to the currently recommended "Dutch Protocol" go through puberty as the sex which aligns with their gender identity and consequently their skeletal and muscular structure develops accordingly.    It also results in a normalized suicide rate regardless of whether they ever choose to have GRS.

Another thing you're missing is that each of these folks are individuals with their own idiosyncratic traits.   Some are tall, some are short, some are athletic, some aren't.    What matters isn't pitting the tiny minority of trans kids against cis kids in sports but rather helping all kids realize their full potential, as well as minimizing the harm caused by the primitive superstitions and cultural prejudices which have resulted in the suicides of so many kids who don't fit some irrelevant norm.    So that means all these nutty biases regarding bathroom use, sports, etc need to be put down.

A woman who transitioned after developing as a man would likely be too tall for women's gymnastics, and have too high a center of gravity to excel at balance beam.

That might be true on average, just not necessarily so for any given individual.    However as bias and discrimination is reduced in both school and family settings it means those kids will be more likely to get any treatment they might need, thus minimizing the number who go through the substantial trauma of a discordant puberty.     And it means that their physical morphology will align far better with their real gender identity.   If you doubt that you should read about the case of Nicole and Jonas Maines.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12  Tessylo    6 years ago

I'm so glad all the scientific experts have weighed in on this issue!

Just an opportunity for folks to bash transgenders it seems.

Thank you Shrekk and Episette for making sense and being reasonable in the face of these folks that just love to bash those different from them.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
12.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @12    6 years ago

Who insulted transgenders?  I wonder why you take criticism of their superior strength in matches with girls personally and are so sensitive about them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @12.1    6 years ago

'Who insulted transgenders?  I wonder why you take criticism of their superior strength in matches with girls personally and are so sensitive about them.'

Everyone on here except Episette and Shrekk.

I am sensitive to intolerance and bigotry - not because I'm transgender skirting the CoC [ph]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.1    6 years ago
I am sensitive to intolerance

Really ?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12.2  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @12    6 years ago
Just an opportunity for folks to bash transgenders it seems.

No one is bashing transgenders. I believe in treating any human being with dignity and respect no matter how many physical or psychological problems they might have.

I coached female athletes at all levels from elementary school through college for 18 years and I have always been an advocate for girls and women seeking the opportunity to compete in the same ways that boys and men do. I was a college head coach, administrator of club programs, and was president of a youth league. I fought local government and other organizations for playing areas for girls. 50 years ago, the idea of girls' sports was a joke. Now, multiple generations of women have enjoyed the benefits that come from physical fitness, competition, sportsmanship and equal opportunity. That's what Title IX was all about. Heck, that's what feminism used to be about.

In addition to facilities and funding, a key feature of fair competition has been the long standing prohibitions against hormone usage that unnaturally boosts performance. 

Now, we have decided to throw all that progress in the trash and pretend that a girl with 16" biceps thanks to testosterone is part of a fair competition. Or we take a young man who wants to pretend he's a girl and watch him kick the shit out of girls who have a fraction of his strength. We have turned our backs on biological reality in favor of PC social justice posturing.

It's not about bashing transgenders. It's about defending our girls and women. That used to be a virtue.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
12.2.1  seeder  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Tacos! @12.2    6 years ago

That is pretty much my thoughts on it.  I'm fine with people living life however they want for the most part.  There has to be some common sense about it though.  Like it or not men and women are physically different for the most part.  It feels like most want to push this because they think it's only pissing off right wing people.  Cutting off their nose and all that...

if they really believed there is no difference physically between man and woman then let's do away with men and women's sports.. let's just have "sports"....  if the women can beat the men on trying out they get a position.  

They of course know they can't let that happen... b cause when 99% of sports is just men they would complain there isn't enough women....

men and women are not physically equal.  Why is that so controversial to state a fact?  Party of science my ass.  You can't redefine definitions and act like it still counts as science because you controlled the text books...  if Hitler posted Jews were inferior in scientific journals that doesn't make it scientifically sound

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
12.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @12.2.1    6 years ago
men and women are not physically equal.  Why is that so controversial to state a fact?

It shows that you don't know much at all about the topic or how various athletic programs have addressed the issue of transgender athletes.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
12.2.3  seeder  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Skrekk @12.2.2    6 years ago

All one has to do is look at the facts.. such as

Someone in their 50s playing college basketball.  What bio woman starts playing in her 50s?  Look at the pics in that article.  Look at the size of her compared to the other college girls.  Not just height but proportions overall.  What sane person can look at that and say "nope... clearly no advantage there"...  

ita happening in sports everywhere

I know the source is meh.. but it has a list of athletes in different sports.

so again I ask.. if it's just "levels" that allow them to compete.  Why are you not seeing f2m athletes winning at the same frequency? The olympics does have rules for it... and when m2f athletes start winning and breaking records that bio women couldn't break... you're going to see the rules change eventually.  It doesn't mean you hate someone to point out that maybe it isn't fair they are competing against bio women.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
12.2.4  Skrekk  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @12.2.3    6 years ago
Why are you not seeing f2m athletes winning at the same frequency?

Likely due to persistent bias from dumb bigots which is the primary problem in this area.   So even when transgender kids like Mack Beggs do get puberty blockers and HRT at developmentally appropriate times, the bigoted right-wing morons in the red states and bible-babble states prevent them from competing in the appropriate category.

Mack Beggs won a Texas girls state wrestling championship for the second year in a row with a victory that, once again, brought a mixture of cheers and boos because Beggs is a transgender athlete.

Beggs, an 18-year-old senior at Trinity High in Euless, began the transition from girl to boy a few years ago and has been taking low-level testosterone injections but is competing in the girls competition because of a decision by the University Interscholastic League after an uproar and a lawsuit last winter. Because the testosterone comes from a physician, the UIL does not regard it as a banned substance.

Although Beggs, whose given name is Mackenzie, has stated a preference for competing in the boys’ division, the UIL requires athletes to compete against the gender that is listed on their birth certificate. Beggs has gone 36-0 this year, wrestling in the 110-pound class.

When he won the state title Saturday, the boos were overtaken by cheers, not that he lets the reception he receives affect him. “I’ve trained too hard for haters to put me down,” he told the Star-Telegram after regional competition. “I’ve worked too hard for that. I work day in and day out. I’ve been through too much [expletive] for anyone to put me down.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
12.2.5  seeder  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Skrekk @12.2.4    6 years ago

That highlights my point.  A F2m athlete being told to compete in women's sports is dominating because of the testosterone.  Which is why sports generally ban you from taking it.  If He had competed in the male sports he probably would have lost unless he had enough time for the testosterone to drastically alter his muscle mass.  

Wgich is why a m2f athlete can dominate women's sports so much.  Regardless of what the levels are at when competing... the testosterone has already impacted a lot of the growth.  Muscle density, bone length and proportions.

it has 0 to do with being bigoted.  Why can't people address these discussions without throwing labels out?  Because they know their argument fails based on facts... another case of feels not facts.ime it or not there is more to being male than how you feel when it comes to biology.  Like it or not it is in your DNA and there are thousands of genetic markers bio men have that effect performance on various levels.  Just as bio women have genetic dispositions to certain things.  Women have a genetic sequence that affects the heart and calcium absorption until menopause... which is why cardiac issues arise in women after menopause drastically compared to men over a time frame.  This is the future of the left... where feels are more important than facts.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
12.2.6  Skrekk  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @12.2.5    6 years ago
That highlights my point.  A F2m athlete being told to compete in women's sports is dominating because of the testosterone.  Which is why sports generally ban you from taking it.  

No, that's why he should have been allowed to compete on the men's team, but the bigoted rubes in Texas were too dumb to allow it.....so they got the result they deserved.

If He had competed in the male sports he probably would have lost unless he had enough time for the testosterone to drastically alter his muscle mass.  

That's a completely unfounded and erroneous assumption.   Assuming he was on puberty blockers before he started HRT he'll have experienced an ordinary male puberty and his bone structure and muscle mass will reflect that.

Wgich is why a m2f athlete can dominate women's sports so much.  Regardless of what the levels are at when competing... the testosterone has already impacted a lot of the growth.  Muscle density, bone length and proportions.

Again, that's a completely unfounded assumption.

it has 0 to do with being bigoted.  

It's either bigotry or ignorance, take your pick.    At the very least you don't seem to know much about the topic and you're unaware of why numerous athletic programs have adopted their current hormone-based standards for trans athletes.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
12.2.7  seeder  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Skrekk @12.2.6    6 years ago

It's not unfounded... it's established scientific fact the role testosterone plays on a developing body.  You clearly know this yourself when referencing hormone blockers during puberty.  Those blockers slow the clearly male traits such as muscle mass, bone growth, and other things.  If those things weren't part of male development you wouldn't advocate for hormone blockers early in puberty to prevent those traits.

It's clear you have no interest in honest discussion. You refuse to accept established fact and instead resort to your feelings and accusations.  No need to continue on.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
12.2.8  Skrekk  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @12.2.7    6 years ago
it's established scientific fact the role testosterone plays on a developing body.

That's very true - testosterone, estrogen and other hormones have a significant impact on fetal development prenatally and shortly after birth, as well as during puberty.   Sex differentiation of the brain is one of those affects and it seems to be related to traits like gender identity and sexual orientation, so it's those structural differences which are likely being detected when the brains of cis and trans persons are compared under fMRI.     Of course you can ignore those differences or deny that they exist, but the reality is that the science in this area has moved far beyond your primitive Bronze-age superstitions.    Heck, back then they thought the brain was merely a heat radiator.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
13  Phoenyx13    6 years ago

Bridget Lalonde, a student at RHAM High School who finished in third place in the 100-meter dash, told the CT Post that she was not upset the transgender teens beat her. 

'To be honest, I think it's great they get a chance to compete and as long as they're happy, I guess, there's not that much I can do,' she said. 'The rules are the rules. The only competition is the clock. You can only run as fast as you can.' 

Newton student Carly Swierbut agreed telling the outlet: 'If you're good enough to run, you're good enough to run. If somebody wants to win, they're going to work their tail off to win. It doesn't matter who you are, what you are, everybody should have the chance.

very interesting points these students raise... i'm told quite often by the conservative minded that "life isn't fair" and that everyone should have an "equal opportunity and not equal outcome" .... seems that was the case there, correct ? should we hand out participation trophies to everyone who is whining they didn't win ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
14  It Is ME    6 years ago

This was a funny read !

A transgender high school athlete beat girls in the Connecticut track state championship Tuesday, but his time would have placed him last in the boys’ race.

Andraya Yearwood, a freshman at Cromwell High School, placed first in the girls’ 100-meter and 200-meter dash finals against girls from other schools in the region, according to Turtleboy Sports. But his time would have earned him last place in both boys’ competitions.

Yearwood finished the girls’ 100-meter dash with a time of 12.66 seconds and the girls’ 200-meter dash in 26.08 seconds.

The last-place finishers for the boys’ 100-meter and 200-meter dashes, Shayne Beckloff and Terrance Gallishaw, finished the races in 1 1.73 seconds and 25.59 seconds, respectively.

“It feels really good,” said Yearwood to The Day. “I’m really happy to win both titles … I kind of expected it. I’ve always gotten first, so I expected it to some extent. … I’m really proud of it.”

I suppose....If you CAN'T beat the "Last place "Boys", go for the "Girls" ! You'll WIN ! Woohoo....GOOD JOB GUYS ! You beat you some "GIRLS" ! Thumbs Up 2 Face Palm

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
14.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  It Is ME @14    6 years ago

Sounds like the girls without a stick shift and two ball bearings are going to need some HGH to complete these days. 

D755E9EC5C574609926A0B5C6EADA574.jpeg

It Is ME
Masters Guide
14.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Dean Moriarty @14.1    6 years ago
Sounds like the girls without a stick shift and two ball bearings are going to need some HGH to complete these days.

laughing dude

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @14.1    6 years ago

Is she for real?  What a freakshow.  

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
14.1.3  lennylynx  replied to  Dean Moriarty @14.1    6 years ago

I had her...or, I guess I should say she had me!  Happy   Bar time, see yas later...

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
18  1ofmany    6 years ago

Terry Miller is a boy. He will never be a girl just as he will never be Napoleon and that remains true no matter what he or anybody else thinks about it. He has a mental disorder. He can choose to immerse himself in his delusion if he likes but he doesn’t have the right to drag everybody else into it by being forced to see him as something he isn’t.

No doubt unimpaired people could defeat all the handicap competitors in the special Olympics and drive them off the field. Boys can do the same thing here. Rather than kill women’s sports by letting boys with mental disorders compete against them, maybe it would be better to start separate tranny games and let the trannies compete against each other. 

On the other hand, this lunacy is entertaining. People are actually stupid enough to set up sports for females, let a boy in a wig crush them all, and prove that the best female athelete is a man. So go get em Terry. lol

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
19  seeder  Silent_Hysteria    6 years ago

Conversation has ran its course.  Going in circles at this point.  Happpy Fathers day.  Locking