╌>

5 Takeaways From Trump’s Meeting With Pelosi and Schumer

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  galen-marvin-ross  •  6 years ago  •  306 comments

5 Takeaways From Trump’s Meeting With Pelosi and Schumer
She then adopted the pose of fact checker, challenging index cards that Mr. Trump had waved around: “What the president is representing in terms of his cards over there are not factual. We have to have an evidence-based conversation about what does work and what money has been spent and how effective it is.” After she returned to Capitol Hill, Ms. Pelosi said that for Mr. Trump, the wall was “like a manhood thing for him. “As if manhood could ever be associated with him,” she said.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

In another time, the Washington photo opportunity was a steady ritual. Leaders smiled, usually sitting in well-stuffed chairs, at least feigning smiles for the cameras. Pleasantries were spoken. The main objective was to get the picture and say as little as possible.
How quaint. Mr. Trump has turned many of these sessions into either monologues or opportunities for his supporters to tell him what a great job he is doing. This time, when he had a testy confrontation with the Democratic House leader, Nancy Pelosi of California, and Senator Chuck Schumer, the Democratic leader from New York, Mr. Trump rewrote the playbook again.
Here are some takeaways of the meeting.
Trump knows tension makes good television.
Mr. Trump easily could have allowed the television cameras and pool reporters in to briefly record the pro forma portion of the meeting. Instead, he let them linger. And it was not long before the fireworks started. Mr. Trump pressed for funding the border wall, offering numerous false assertions about the construction process.
Ms. Pelosi, hewing to the language of decorum, said, “That is not the point, Mr. President, the point is that there are equities to be weighed, and we are here to have a conversation. So I don’t think we should have a debate in front of the press on this.”

Mr. Trump seemed to think debating in front of the press was precisely the point, and the extraordinary scene unfolded, with shouts, hand waving and zero apparent progress.
This is what divided government looks like.
President Trump could bend Republicans to his will during his first two years in office when they controlled the House and the Senate. But when Democrats won a House majority in the midterm elections in November, the power dynamic shifted markedly.
Ms. Pelosi, who hopes to be speaker when the new session begins in January, made that plain as she stood up to Mr. Trump. Ms. Pelosi is among the most seasoned political players in Washington and has been part of dozens of consequential negotiations. Ms. Pelosi can keep her fellow Democrats in line. She will not fold easily.
Chuck Schumer knows how to goad President Trump.
The two New Yorkers early on feigned a great mutual understanding and sent signals that they could do business. They had earlier held a “cheeseburger summit,” and they dined on Chinese spiced beef, but with little to show for it.
On Tuesday, Mr. Schumer adopted a more confrontational posture. When the president asked Mr. Schumer if he wanted to speak, the senator replied, “ We have a lot of disagreements here. The Washington Post today gave you a whole lot of Pinocchios because they say you constantly misstate how much of the wall is — how much of the wall is built.” That prompted an angry retort from Mr. Trump, saying the last time the government shut down, “you got killed.”
After the meeting and in front of reporters, Mr. Schumer chided Mr. Trump for his “temper tantrum.”
‘Mansplain’ to Pelosi at your peril.
Mr. Trump became piqued after Ms. Pelosi noted a loss of Republican power in Congress, saying, “And excuse me, Nancy, did we win the Senate? We did.”
Mr. Trump then said that “Nancy is in a situation where it is not easy for her to talk right now,” concluding a response to a reporter with a demand for border security.
Ms. Pelosi’s riposte? “Mr. President, please don’t characterize the strength that I bring to this meeting as the leader of the House Democrats, who just won a big victory.”
[It was round one: Nancy Pelosi vs. President Trump.]
She then adopted the pose of fact checker, challenging index cards that Mr. Trump had waved around: “What the president is representing in terms of his cards over there are not factual. We have to have an evidence-based conversation about what does work and what money has been spent and how effective it is.”
After she returned to Capitol Hill, Ms. Pelosi said that for Mr. Trump, the wall was “like a manhood thing for him.
“As if manhood could ever be associated with him,” she said.
Trump would own a shutdown.
“The bottom line is simple,” Mr. Schumer told reporters after the meeting. “The president made clear that he wants a shutdown.” He then repeated Ms. Pelosi’s notion that it would be a “Trump shutdown.”
Being the first to frame a debate is a studied art in Washington. Mr. Trump accepted the responsibility. “I will take the mantle,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Schumer. “I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it.”
Correction: December 11, 2018
This article has been revised to reflect the following correction: An earlier version of this article misattributed a quotation. It was Senator Chuck Schumer who said, “And when the president brags that he won North Dakota and Indiana, he’s in real trouble,” not Representative Nancy Pelosi.

One red rule, this is not about Obama or, the Obama Administration, I will flag any attempts to derail to Obama.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago
“The bottom line is simple,” Mr. Schumer told reporters after the meeting. “The president made clear that he wants a shutdown.” He then repeated Ms. Pelosi’s notion that it would be a “Trump shutdown.”
Being the first to frame a debate is a studied art in Washington. Mr. Trump accepted the responsibility. “I will take the mantle,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Schumer. “I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it.”

Ok Mr. Trump, you said you'd own it, let's see if you really accept it.

What Schumer and, Pelosi should have done in that meeting was remind Trump that he said during the campaign that Mexico would pay for the wall.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    6 years ago

One fact not checked was when Pelosi told the President he didn't have enough votes in the House to get a bill with the money for the wall. That is what is not in the article. The rest of the article is recounting the jabs going back and forth.

The bottom line is that the democrats will never allow Trump to keep his key campaign promise. There will be no border wall in the next 2 years. As a matter of fact there will be no congressional action on securing the border in any way.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.3.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3    6 years ago
The bottom line is that the democrats will never allow Trump to keep his key campaign promise.

Even the Senate Republicans admit that a wall isn't practical that is why they didn't included it in their bill that they sent to the House and, why the bill sent FROM the House with the border money in it got rejected by the Senate.

There will be no border wall in the next 2 years.

There will be no border wall period.

As a matter of fact there will be no congressional action on securing the border in any way.

Hyperbole much? Pelosi has already said her first priority will be to pass a Continuing Resolution with border security money in it, it just won't be money for any kind of wall.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.3.1    6 years ago
Even the Senate Republicans admit that a wall isn't practical that is why they didn't included it in their bill that they sent to the House and, why the bill sent FROM the House with the border money in it got rejected by the Senate.

I like many others voted for Donald Trump and his promise of a wall. He won. Why should we settle for anything less.

There will be no border wall period.

Never say never. In 2020 we could have a Republican wave election. Better still we could have a different President, who may be Republican, and he may get a wall done.

Hyperbole much? Pelosi has already said her first priority will be to pass a Continuing Resolution with border security money in it, it just won't be money for any kind of wall.

I will believe it when I see it.

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.3  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.2    6 years ago
I like many others voted for Donald Trump and his promise of a wall. He won. Why should we settle for anything less.

Because of countervailing narratives and influences borne out of the 2018 election cycle. Republicans and conservatives had two solid years to get a southern border wall paid for and started! Care to tell me what happened?! And, Mexico; where is the Mexican people border wall funding from 2017 on?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.3.3    6 years ago
Republicans and conservatives had two solid years to get a southern border wall paid for and started! Care to tell me what happened?

First, as you know, they had to do it alone and you still need 60 votes in the Senate to pass legislation. That's just for openers.

And, Mexico; where is the Mexican people border wall funding from 2017 on?

Are you advocating for that part of the promise being kept? The US provides $320 million a year in aid to Mexico. We can easily use that money, thus Mexico would be paying. Are you on board for that?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.5  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.4    6 years ago
First, as you know, they had to do it alone and you still need 60 votes in the Senate to pass legislation. That's just for openers.

Nope, the GOP CHOSE to do it 'alone'. There were multiple bipartisan proposals in Congress. None of which made it to a vote on the floor. 

Are you advocating for that part of the promise being kept? The US provides $320 million a year in aid to Mexico. We can easily use that money, thus Mexico would be paying. Are you on board for that?

That would STILL be taxpayer funded but hey, let's play that game...

There is ALREADY $1.3 BILLION on the table. That would take 4 YEARS to recoup through your aid for wall scenario. Which means not ONE MORE DIME for Trump's picket fence until 2023. I'm in!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.3.6  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.2    6 years ago
I like many others voted for Donald Trump and his promise of a wall. He won.

The only reason Trump won, as has been told to you and, others many times is because of the electoral college and, he promised that MEXICO was going to pay for that wall, I don't see that happening, he is now demanding that the American taxpayer pay for the wall.

Why should we settle for anything less.

The wall is a Medieval construct, in today's world it is useless and, far too expensive to maintain for the long term, besides.

Never say never. In 2020 we could have a Republican wave election.

You just had two years when the Republicans controlled both houses and, the White House, why didn't the Republicans pass funding for the wall during that time? Oh yeah, they tried that in the House under Paul Ryan and, it did pass but, it failed in Mitch McConnell's Senate.

Better still we could have a different President, who may be Republican, and he may get a wall done.

Ah, the dreams of the Right, I think we will have a different president before then, the Republicans in the Senate are getting tired of the Trumpertantrums and, the Trump lies.

I will believe it when I see it.

Keep watching then but, remember to remove the blinders so you can see it.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.3.7  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Dulay @1.3.5    6 years ago
There is ALREADY $1.3 BILLION on the table. That would take 4 YEARS to recoup through your aid for wall scenario. Which means not ONE MORE DIME for Trump's picket fence until 2023. I'm in!

And, that isn't even counting the money he already got from Congress for the wall last year, which he hasn't even tapped into yet.

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.8  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.4    6 years ago

1. Did House Speaker Paul Ryan EVER pass a southern border bill for 2 Billion and up in 2017 or 2018? Why not? The republican numbers were available in the House!

2. Advocating for? Yes!  If republicans can justify reappropriating funds designated yearly to  Mexico without breaking contractual agreements—take the votes needed and go for it! Note: There may be negative consequences in the long-term, nevertheless.

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.9  CB  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.3.6    6 years ago
The wall is a Medieval construct, in today's world it is useless and, far too expensive to maintain for the long term, besides.

Good pointing this out. There will be high upkeep costs going forward, and repair costs after it is 'attacked' repeatedly!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.3.6    6 years ago
The only reason Trump won, as has been told to you and, others many times is because of the electoral college

Lol, that's the way everybody wins!

Oh yeah, they tried that in the House under Paul Ryan and, it did pass but, it failed in Mitch McConnell's Senate.

Yup, you need 60 votes to pass legislation and the dems would not give it a single vote.
Thanks for making my point

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.3.8    6 years ago
Did House Speaker Paul Ryan EVER pass a southern border bill for 2 Billion and up in 2017 or 2018?

No

Why not?

It may be that Mr Ryan like so many Republicans who get elected to congress, suddenly find themselves torn between those who voted for them and those who contributed to them.

2. Advocating for? Yes!  If republicans can justify reappropriating funds designated yearly to  Mexico without breaking contractual agreements—take the votes needed and go for it! Note: There may be negative consequences in the long-term, nevertheless.

There usually are consequences. The upside would be worth it. Now that the President realizes he will never get wall funding he may finally consider such measures. I am quite sure he will be prevented from doing it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.5    6 years ago
here is ALREADY $1.3 BILLION on the table

Where?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.13  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.12    6 years ago

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.14  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.11    6 years ago

1.  This is the single worse consequence of gerrymandering: Politicians are "got" by their constituent community/ies. And, the community is "got" by airways propagandists who percolate divisive POVs twenty-four seven on multiple news and media platforms. And, the politicians work to carve out a core set of voters. The circle is a vicious one, indeed!

2. President Trump is a tireless liar. Thus, we should look to people like you Vic Eldred to try and understand why it is acceptable to hold Trump's mendacity as truth. If unilaterally breaking contractual agreements with Mexico and other nations is a positive thing, perhaps we can keep our mouths shut the next time a nation tells us our nation is a dishonorable, abominable creature which speaks with a 'forked-tongue.

What will other presidents do who come after President Trump, but first spend years repairing the breach (of contracts and hard-feelings) he has established as this nation's new norm?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.13    6 years ago

You really need to get up to date. That's what WAS on the table. Now it's 0.

"H ouse Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., speculated Thursday the reason Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., now says he won't support funding for border wall projects is because it could weaken Rep. Nancy Pelosi's, D-Calif., support of incoming progressive Democrats and her shot at the speakership.

Three days prior to the caucus's statement, Schumer had   said  his party would support up to $1.6 billion for border projects."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.16  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.3.14    6 years ago
1.  This is the single worse consequence of gerrymandering: Politicians are "got" by their constituent community/ies. And, the community is "got" by airways propagandists who percolate divisive POVs twenty-four seven on multiple news and media platforms. And, the politicians work to carve out a core set of voters. The circle is a vicious one, indeed!

That's interesting. It is the non-commitment to those who voted for politicians which you are ok with. The loyalty of Ryan and others goes to agricultural interests etc and oh ya, the open border policy that changes the political landscape of America.

2. President Trump is a tireless liar. Thus, we should look to people like you Vic Eldred to try and understand why it is acceptable to hold Trump's mendacity as truth. If unilaterally breaking contractual agreements with Mexico and other nations is a positive thing, perhaps we can keep our mouths shut the next time a nation tells us our nation is a dishonorable, abominable creature which speaks with a 'forked-tongue.

We don't owe that money to Mexico. It is aid we provide to help Mexico accomplish things which they are totally incapable of like defeating the drug cartels. It is Mexico which has not lived up to the agreement. Btw, the personal attack is unnecessary. Let's stick to the merits of the conversation. Calling the President names dosen't advance your argument either.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.17  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.15    6 years ago

It's always been $0 for the border wall but they did offer $1.6 billion for border security and want to create an electronic or digital wall instead because that's a far more effective use of funds than a pointless boondoggle physical wall.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.18  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.3.17    6 years ago

they did offer $1.6 billion for border security

Yup.  Now it's 0

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.19  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.16    6 years ago

1. I am not sure what you mean here. You seem to be saying that loyalty is to the coin of the realm and the quality of life it alone can bring to us. What other qualities should matter? Afterall, we teach quite a stirring spectrum of rights and wrongs to each new generation in this country. Paul Ryan's speakership was clumsy because he allowed a temperamental president to inject intellectual dishonesty into his body of Congress - all in the name of expediency.  As time will demonstrate, little to nothing Trump has accomplished will remain after his departure from office. Trump started the 'insults' to good policy, which others will cap off in due time.

2. I am not speaking up for Mexico. I am simply pointing out that matters must be dealt with using order and finesse where appropriate and contracts exist. (I do not know if signed agreements are extant.) BTW, President Trump is a compulsive liar. Come face to face with the truth in this statement. Then, ask what kind of man is incapable of telling the truth when moral uprightness is a mark of excellence in a leader. Why stand with a deliberate liar?  Trump's family is with him, because he is blood-kin. What is there for us to put faith in?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.3.20  lennylynx  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.18    6 years ago

Wrong, the $1.6 B is still on the table, it was never taken off.

Seems to me that both sides are talking past each other here and that the disagreement is largely semantics.  Trump has admitted that a physical wall is not practical in some border areas, and liberals agree that a physical barrier in some places IS practical.  I'm one of the few people who believe this dispute will be solved easily.

If Trump wants his wall, (or whatever you want to call it) he needs to come up with an actual plan.  Identify all the areas he wants to put up a barrier, the areas he wants to employ other security measures, what these measures are, and what the total cost will be for the entire project.  There is a lot of confusion surrounding this standoff; we need a specific plan so we can debate the issue.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.21  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.15    6 years ago

Up to date would mean acknowledging that the House is STILL controlled by the GOP and that Schumer isn't a member. 

Schumer allowed McConnell to pass his CR by voice vote. Paul Ryan refused to bring that CR to the House floor for a vote. 

But hey, McCarthy got the talking point memo and just like Trump, instead of manning up and taking the blame for lack of leadership, he spewed the fabricated justification for the GOPs failure. 

BTFW, your link doesn't state that Schumer has taken his offer off of the table...

I'd suggest that you let Schumer speak for himself rather than accepting McCarthy's bullshit. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.22  Dulay  replied to  lennylynx @1.3.20    6 years ago

The ONLY reason for this 'stand off' is that Trump reneged on his agreement to sign a stop gap CR. Trump screwed McConnell and bullied Ryan merely because the neo-nationalist talking heads called him a looser...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.23  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.3.19    6 years ago
I am not sure what you mean here.

Evidently

You seem to be saying that loyalty is to the coin of the realm and the quality of life it alone can bring to us.

If that was your impression, I'm sorry, I didn't imply that.

What other qualities should matter?

The will of the people. The Constitution provides that only the people's elected representatives can legislate and make law. Part of the reason for that is that legislators might be responsive to their constituents, not to special interests or elitist ideologies.

As time will demonstrate, little to nothing Trump has accomplished will remain after his departure from office. Trump started the 'insults' to good policy, which others will cap off in due time.

That could be true. It was true for the leftist Obama after two terms. On the other hand we never know what the future holds. Did we not learn that in the election of 2016?

I am not speaking up for Mexico. I am simply pointing out that matters must be dealt with using order and finesse where appropriate and contracts exist. (I do not know if signed agreements are extant

You have no worries, even if the President was disposed to try my idea, somehow he will be prevented from doing it. Anything that the President was going to accomplish with legislation, he had to do in those first two years. He was poorly advised by Paul Ryan and a few establishment Republicans in the House and obstructed by a few "never Trumpers" in the Senate. His "wall" idea is dead and our immigration disaster won't be solved for the near future. 

BTW, President Trump is a compulsive liar. Come face to face with the truth in this statement. Then, ask what kind of man is incapable of telling the truth when moral uprightness is a mark of excellence in a leader. Why stand with a deliberate liar? 

A valid complaint. To answer your question as directly as I can:

1) I stand by him because I am totally pleased with his PERFORMANCE as President.
2) Whatever "lies" or embellishment he has told or made is 100 times less egregious than what progressives have done to this nation.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.24  Vic Eldred  replied to  lennylynx @1.3.20    6 years ago
it was never taken off.

Re-read Post #1.3.15

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.25  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.21    6 years ago
I'd suggest that you let Schumer speak for himself rather than accepting McCarthy's bullshit. 

I suggest you admit that progressives will NEVER allow this President to build a wall. After all, it was his key campaign promise and he must be denied.

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.26  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.23    6 years ago
A valid complaint. To answer your question as directly as I can:1) I stand by him because I am totally pleased with his PERFORMANCE as President.2) Whatever "lies" or embellishment he has told or made is 100 times less egregious than what progressives have done to this nation.

So, you stand with a president who lies upwards of 7,000 plus times since taking office, see data of folks who count lies, and this totally pleases you.

Let's stick with this for a moment: Is a leader, any leader, intended to inspire confidence in his or her supporters? When did being a compulsive liar become a model for inspiration? President Donald Trump inspires conservatives?

Okay, how about this 'expert-grade' lie:

[

and this 'expert-grade' lie as a backstop:

You wrote @1.3.23:

"Anything that the President was going to accomplish with legislation, he had to do in those first two years. He was poorly advised by Paul Ryan and a few establishment Republicans in the House and obstructed by a few "never Trumpers" in the Senate. His "wall" idea is dead. . . ."

So conservatives were unabashedly lied to for two solid years and instead of blaming the compulsive liar in the White House, conservatives continue to draw inspiration from him. But, now your house confederates are 'worthless' men and women? That seems delusional to me.

President Donald Trump is a lying, cheating, thieving, deceiver, and user,and it is well pass time for conservatives to see him for what he really is. What he has done to your party through deception is unconscionable!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.27  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.25    6 years ago
I suggest you admit that progressives will NEVER allow this President to build a wall. After all, it was his key campaign promise and he must be denied.

I suggest that YOU admit that progressives have NOTHING to do with it since Trump's 'key campaign promise' was to build a wall that MEXICO paid for. 

Trump and his sycophants KNEW that his promise was BULLSHIT and now they want to pretend that they aren't moving the goal posts...and are desperately trying to save face by blaming the Democrats. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.28  CB  replied to  Dulay @1.3.27    6 years ago

From where I sit it sure looks like Mexico is not paying for the wall and republicans in Congress are not paying for it, and republicans having "chicken dinner sells" are not paying for it either!

original

original

REPUBLICAN AUDIENCE:

BEST PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN CON JOB OF THE CENTURY AWARD!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.29  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.3.26    6 years ago
a president who lies upwards of 7,000 plus times since taking office

That many? You don't say?

see data of folks who count lies

I don't know about them, but I became exhausted of Trump tweets about a year ago.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.30  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.27    6 years ago
blaming the democrats

Yup we are blaming democrats - the same ones who wanted to build a wall about a decade ago.

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.31  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.29    6 years ago

Vic, you are "exhausted" to keep from crying? Well, it gets worse! 2019 begins Tuesday!! The meter is still 'clocking' the con in real-time.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.32  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.30    6 years ago
Yup we are blaming democrats

So much for the party of personal responsibility. 

the same ones who wanted to build a wall about a decade ago.

Link proving that Democrats wanted to build a wall please...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.33  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.32    6 years ago

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.34  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.29    6 years ago
I don't know about them, but I became exhausted of Trump tweets about a year ago.

Are you exhausted with his campaign rallies were he LIES ad nauseam too? How about his driveway LIES? How about his LIES to and about our military? Exhausted with that yet? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.35  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.3.31    6 years ago
2019 begins Tuesday!

The dems have one card to play and they are heavily invested in playing it. We will see how that works out for them

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.36  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.33    6 years ago

The word WALL does NOT exist in that bill. 

FAIL!

Oh and jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.37  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.34    6 years ago

I'm tickled to death he has two Justices who believe in Constitutional law on the SCOTUS and many more in the lower courts. I'm delighted that he lifted those regulations on business, gave the nation a tax cut, got the radical idealism out of the university, degraded ISIS, stood by Israel, rebuilt the depleted military and most of all put some tariffs on those who were doing it to us for so long.

But, ya, he does talk like a construction worker. Dosen't that just gall ya?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.38  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.36    6 years ago

Still hung up on words?  jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.39  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.37    6 years ago

Deflection...

No answer? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.40  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.39    6 years ago

You didn't like the answer

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.41  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.38    6 years ago
Still hung up on words?

Since we are communicating in WORDS, it would follow that WORDS would be paramount. 

It never fails that every time one of y'all are incapable of supporting what you SAY, WORDS suddenly become irrelevant...

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.42  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.40    6 years ago
You didn't like the answer

It wasn't an answer, it was just blathering to avoid the questions. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.43  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.41    6 years ago

And for "y'all" the word Wall is the ultimate buzz word. Trump wants it therefore progressive politicians put their careers on the line so that he dosen't get it!  They vote for a fence, but not a wall. And everyone knows the way words are being used - symbolically.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.44  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.42    6 years ago

It was a direct answer. In 2006 had the word fence been replaced by wall, the dems would have voted for it. It was part of a concession. It is only when Trump used the word wall that it took on importance. He promised it and progressives want to show that he can't deliver. But its so silly. We all all know he can't deliver because of them.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.3.45  lennylynx  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.37    6 years ago
"...he does talk like a construction worker."

Please don't insult us construction workers like that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.46  Vic Eldred  replied to  lennylynx @1.3.45    6 years ago

Do you work in construction?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.47  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.43    6 years ago
And for "y'all" the word Wall is the ultimate buzz word.

Wait WHAT? YOU used the word wall didn't you? Let's see:

I suggest you admit that progressives will NEVER allow this President to build a wall.
Yup we are blaming democrats - the same ones who wanted to build a wall about a decade ago.

Yup, that sure as hell was YOU. 

You claimed that Democrats wanted to build a WALL and link a bill that cites 'reinforced fencing'. 

Your claim was false, your link doesn't support it, and now you deflect from that FACT. 

Now it's a 'symbolic' wall. 

Tell you what, I'm for symbolic funding your symbolic wall...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.48  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.47    6 years ago
Now it's a 'symbolic' wall. 

It's symbolic to you and the progressives. 

Tell you what

No, I'll tell you what, let's take all your distinctions between wall and fence and submit them to Robert Mueller. Then Mueller can switch & mix em in his Trump questionnaire. If the President confuses them - you get him for perjury and Mueller can file his report on schedule - just as the dems take over the House.  Why not put all your hard work to good use?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.49  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.44    6 years ago
It was a direct answer.

Bullshit. 

In 2006 had the word fence been replaced by wall, the dems would have voted for it. It was part of a concession.

Prove it. Prove that there was an Amendment to the bill to build a WALL, a proposal to build a WALL, that they even mentioned a fucking WALL in the debate. I'll wait...

It is only when Trump used the word wall that it took on importance.

Now you're dumping on Trump. YOU made the word WALL important in THIS discussion. Own it...

He promised it and progressives want to show that he can't deliver. But its so silly. We all all know he can't deliver because of them.

Again, bullshit. Trump said 'a wall, NOT a fence'. Trump can't deliver because it was a bullshit promise from the START.

Kelly just admitted in and interview that they backed off of the wall as early as last August [because the experts DON'T WANT ONE] but Trump just could NOT STOP LYING.

Y'all pretend that we need to listen to the experts but when they say that a wall is impractical, that it would block their ability to SEE the other side. Now suddenly Trump meant a 'symbolic' wall. This bullshit even though Trump had ACTUAL prototypes of WALLS built to spec and went down there to thump his chest on how BIG and BEAUTIFUL and SOLID they were...

The load of bullshit just gets bigger and bigger...

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.50  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.48    6 years ago
It's symbolic to you and the progressives. 

False. 

let's take all your distinctions between wall and fence

They aren't MY distinctions, they are Trump's. Trump is the one that said "a WALL, NOT a fence".

Oh and then there is the distinction in the well understood DEFINITION of both terms. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.51  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.49    6 years ago
The load of bullshit just gets bigger and bigger...

It sure does. You have proved that everything I said was true. The word Wall is all important to the rotten left because Trump made a promise to build one. I want you to own it. You are consumed by it as are Pelosi and Schumer...... A wall is a non-starter. Neither is border security, but it's all about denying that wall.

Now that you have done me a favor, I'll do one for you. I'm going to allow you the last word. I know how important that is to you.

If I'm not around over the next few days, have a Happy New Year!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.52  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.51    6 years ago
You have proved that everything I said was true.

I have? Where did I prove that the Democrats wanted to build a wall Vic. Please cite the comment #. 

The word Wall is all important to the rotten left because Trump made a promise to build one.

That is an idiotic comment. 

I want you to own it.

You'll just have to live with disappointment. 

You are consumed by it as are Pelosi and Schumer......

False. 

A wall is a non-starter.

FINALLY, a cogent sentence. 

Neither is border security, but it's all about denying that wall.

The bill passed UNANIMOUSLY in the Senate had funding for border security. 

FAIL!

Now that you have done me a favor, I'll do one for you. I'm going to allow you the last word. I know how important that is to you.

Wow, that's some projection right there Vic...

Happy New Year to you too...

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.53  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.35    6 years ago

Well, get rested up for January 1, 2019, because President Trump probably already has his new year 'resolution' lie primed and ready to go for his defenders of "dirty big lies."

This one almost made it to the new year, but got in just before the curtain fell on 2018!

and then 

original Donald J. Trump

Verified account   @ realDonald Trump

7:07 AM - 21 Dec 2018

The Democrats now own the shutdown!

Now what 'card' are conservatives playing? You do understand the idiom: " forked tongue " means to tell lies and to make false promises?

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.54  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.43    6 years ago
original original
original original
original

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION!

Conservatives, some of y'all need to stop covering up for Trump's big lies.
Let the compulsive liar defend himself: The 'tape' speaks for itself!

Yo!

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.56  CB  replied to    6 years ago

Republicans-conservatives! 2019 is the year to take back your party from President Donald Trump. Speak up for truth, integrity, yourself!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    6 years ago

Poor wittle man child didn't get his way so now he wants to shut down the government.  The fat orange traitor in chief got OWNED.

CB
Professor Principal
2.2  CB  replied to  lady in black @2    6 years ago

President Trump overheated today! Get ready, get ready, get ready! There are more sweaty days ahead just like this one.  Ms. Pelosi has endured the slings and arrows from out-right propaganda/ists. She survived John Boehner's and Paul Ryan's speakerships, and all the saddest and disappointing acts of desperate republican men (and women) expressing power over her minority leadership status.  Considering all that: Donald Trump, 'the pol Cripple' will be easy!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.3  Tacos!  replied to  lady in black @2    6 years ago
his way

His way is a more secure border. What's wrong with that?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.3.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  Tacos! @2.3    6 years ago
His way is a more secure border. What's wrong with that?

Nothing...now when the check from Mexico is cashed he can build it as high and as wide as the money allows.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.3.2  lady in black  replied to  Tacos! @2.3    6 years ago

You can pay for a wall that won't stop shit.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.3.3  SteevieGee  replied to  Tacos! @2.3    6 years ago

You do realize that they have ladders in Mexico right?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.3.4  SteevieGee  replied to  Tacos! @2.3    6 years ago

Your shiny new $5billion wall rendered useless by a $50 ladder.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.3.5  lady in black  replied to  SteevieGee @2.3.4    6 years ago

Or rappelling equipment

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3  Nowhere Man    6 years ago

The first thing Schumer did when he had his opportunity to speak was call T-rump a liar.

It went downhill from there.

Even the liberal talking heads here in Seattle are saying it was like a gathering of little children having a snitty temper tantrum between themselves.....

What I heard of it, makes you wonder how any of them got into the positions they now hold......

It sure didn't sound to me like any of them had any business setting policy or running a budget for a lemonade stand much less the United States of America.

A bunch of bratty little children..... ALL OF THEM!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1  Split Personality  replied to  Nowhere Man @3    6 years ago
A bunch of bratty little children..... ALL OF THEM!

When they are all equally bratty children, as you say, things usually come down to compromise. A rumor from day's of olde...

With Mr Trump and the stand in for Mr. Pence,

compromise seems like seems like something as far fetched as a colony on Mars, or peace in the Middle East.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @3.1    6 years ago
compromise seems like seems like something as far fetched as a colony on Mars, or peace in the Middle East.

Oh I gotta agree with ya here......

Haven't seen anything like it since I was a volunteer playground monitor at the local elementary school.....

And to think they are playing with the lives of millions......

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Nowhere Man @3.1.1    6 years ago
Haven't seen anything like it since I was a volunteer playground monitor at the local elementary school..... And to think they are playing with the lives of millions......

Let's face it, this is what Trump wanted, a playground smackdown between the Democratic leaders in the Congress and, himself in front of cameras in real time. It didn't turn out quite the way he wanted but, he did accomplish two things in doing it, getting Pelosi and, Schumer to come down to his level and, putting his usual lies out there again.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.4  Studiusbagus  replied to    6 years ago
it showed Pelosi and Schumer to be the blatant unpatriotic hypocrites they truly are.

Why? Did they threaten to shut the government down if he didn't cave on their demands?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  Studiusbagus @3.1.4    6 years ago
Did they threaten to shut the government down if he didn't cave on their demands?

Whom would that actually hurt again ?

And don't say the Government Employee "Paycheck" stuff. Those "Folks" NEVER lose anything.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.6  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago
Actually, it showed Pelosi and Schumer to be the blatant unpatriotic hypocrites they truly are.

Why? Because, they won't kiss Trump's ass? He was offered 1.5 billion for his wall and, border security and, he has to say, "I don't care how it gets built but, I want my wall, have the military build it, if it doesn't get built I'll shutdown the government." He's doing nothing but, throwing a Trumpertantrum.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
3.2  Old Hermit  replied to  Nowhere Man @3    6 years ago
The first thing Schumer did when he had his opportunity to speak was call T-rump a liar.

Well, to be fair to Schumer, per his usual pattern all Trump did was lie about the wall and border security.  Soooo.

POLITIFACT

Fact-checking Trump, Pelosi and Schumer’s White House fight over the border wall, shutdown

trump_pelosi.jpg

FactCheck.ORG

FactChecking the Trump-Pelosi-Schumer Scuffle

original

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.2.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Old Hermit @3.2    6 years ago

Point being my friend, is that the way to start out a discussion where both sides want something from the other?

Seems to me it was done to start exactly what was shown, a bunch of babbling cry-babies. Pelosi wanting to keep it off-air so she wouldn't be shown in the same light?

Sounded to me like a dog and pony show with three players that aren't very good at it....

I don't see how anyone should have any confidence in that clown show from any side... and we got two more years of this crap coming to us.....

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
3.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  Nowhere Man @3    6 years ago

He's not a liar?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
3.3.1  Spikegary  replied to  Studiusbagus @3.3    6 years ago

Schumer?  Yes.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
3.3.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  Spikegary @3.3.1    6 years ago

Nice deflect...ignore the biggest liar because he's not the one you hate.

BTW .What happened to your 3 year old Kemala Harris conspiracy seed? LOL

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.4  PJ  replied to  Nowhere Man @3    6 years ago

As I said in an earlier post, Pelosi tried to get Trump to take their conversation behind closed doors but he was having none of that.  He thought that the democrat leadership was going to kiss his backside like the republican leadership has been doing.

NWM - He is the President, not Pelosi and not Schumer.  He has absolutely no skills in leadership or negotiating.  He allowed this meeting to turn into a frocking reality show just like he's forced the whole government to become a part of this shit show.  

The reason why everything has gone south is because the GOP created this false sense of reality for Trump.  He thought he was king.  This is the republicans fault.

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.4.2  PJ  replied to    6 years ago

Okay, as long as you are aware it's an opinion many people don't share.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.4.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  PJ @3.4    6 years ago
He allowed this meeting to turn into a frocking reality show just like he's forced the whole government to become a part of this shit show.   The reason why everything has gone south is because the GOP created this false sense of reality for Trump.  He thought he was king.  This is the republicans fault.

His "reality show" is about to get canceled

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    6 years ago
Ms. Pelosi, hewing to the language of decorum, said, “That is not the point, Mr. President, the point is that there are equities to be weighed, and we are here to have a conversation. So I don’t think we should have a debate in front of the press on this.”

Democrats love to claim they believe in things they actually hate, like transparency. (see also: tolerance) Obama promised it, but then his administration was one of the least transparent ever. Pelosi also is afraid to let the American people see how the sausage is made. Trump is like President Transparency. He may not have a lot of official press conferences, but he lets cameras into real meetings and he talks to the press constantly.

Chuck Schumer knows how to goad President Trump.

Does he now? And that's a good thing? That's what diplomacy, negotiation, and compromise look like? That's what leadership looks like? If Trump were "goading" anyone, the mainstream media would excoriate him for it. But if Schumer does it, he's some kind of heroic statesman. Talk about your double standards!

Ms. Pelosi said that for Mr. Trump, the wall was “like a manhood thing for him.
“As if manhood could ever be associated with him,” she said.

Ah! Throw in a little misandry, as well. This is applauded on the Left, of course. Just as with Schumer, we see the double standard again. Trump is criticized 24/7 for making insults (and I don't support that either), but Pelosi does this and the Left cheers her on.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  Tacos! @4    6 years ago
That's what diplomacy, negotiation, and compromise look like? That's what leadership looks like?

If Trump doesn't get his wall funded he's going to shut the government down...

Ask yourself those questions again.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Studiusbagus @4.1    6 years ago
'That's what diplomacy, negotiation, and compromise look like? That's what leadership looks like?'
Typical tRump supporter projection.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to    6 years ago
Certainly not getting any of this from the Democrat "leaders".

Thank you Jayzus!! Somebody has to be the adult in the room. It wasn't Pelosi that had to call later and make nice, now was it?

He got owned in public, he thought it would be the other way around. 

He knows if he shuts the government down they'll go right in to hearings and the Republicans are going to have to make the hard choices.

Your comment was typical of the depth and forethought we have come to expect.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tacos! @4    6 years ago
Democrats love to claim they believe in things they actually hate, like transparency. (see also: tolerance)

Trump wanted a meeting in front of the press he knew he was going to be able to get them into a "cat fight" in front of them so, that is what he worked towards but, it turned against him in the end, I will say this, the one thing Schumer and, Pelosi should have done was remind him that during the campaign he said Mexico would pay for the wall, he even led chants of Mexico will pay for it.

Obama promised it, but then his administration was one of the least transparent ever.

Obama isn't involved in this please don't bring him up again in this seed.

Pelosi also is afraid to let the American people see how the sausage is made. Trump is like President Transparency.

If Trump is so transparent then why doesn't he let Mueller alone to do his job? What is Trump hiding and, why is he hiding it?

He may not have a lot of official press conferences, but he lets cameras into real meetings and he talks to the press constantly.

No, for the most part his press briefings are his sycophants sitting there agreeing with him on everything he says and, when a hard question is asked he ends the press briefing.

Ah! Throw in a little misandry, as well. This is applauded on the Left, of course.

What we saw at the end was Pelosi doing exactly what Trump does, demeaning someone because of who they are.

Just as with Schumer, we see the double standard again.

Trump is the one who said he would "own the shutdown" that he wasn't "afraid to own it", so, when Trump shuts down the government because he is unwilling to work with the Democratic House and, the Democrats in the Senate because they won't give him 5 billion for his precious wall remember that.

Trump is criticized 24/7 for making insults (and I don't support that either), but Pelosi does this and the Left cheers her on.

And, many on here repeat those same insults that Trump makes as if that is alright.

CB
Professor Principal
4.3  CB  replied to  Tacos! @4    6 years ago

I take exception to Ms. Pelosi's "manhood" reference. So there is one liberal voice in dissension. She did not clarify why she thought this particular expression was helpful either—not even as in a bit of anger.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @4.3    6 years ago

Let me help you out, if I may.

You know how some men who buy big, flashy cars to compensate for a shortcoming?

Well, trmp's "Big, beautiful Wall" is compensation for a shortcoming.

And being the juvenile person that I am, I thought it was funny

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.3.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.3.1    6 years ago
And being the juvenile person that I am, I thought it was funny

You juvenile? Never!

CB
Professor Principal
4.3.3  CB  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.3.1    6 years ago

HA!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.3.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @4.3.3    6 years ago

I knew you would like my explanation. :)

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
4.3.5  Nowhere Man  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.3.4    6 years ago

I always appreciate someone who has a large enough sense of presence to be able to laugh at themselves....

Always a sign of higher intelligence....

You go girl!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.3.5    6 years ago

Well, thank you very much

CB
Professor Principal
4.4  CB  replied to  Tacos! @4    6 years ago
Pelosi also is afraid to let the American people see how the sausage is made. Trump is like President Transparency.

"President Transpar——," try reality television star who has never seen a camera or "press" he did not think he could enjoy or do an "end-run" around. Media manipulation is a thing with the Trump "machine."

But, on that note, people have been heard to say since days of old: "If Trump could be quiet more than he prattles on and on, we would not get tired of the sound of his voice and mute our speakers. Moreover, he just might appear less as a fool!

I am so glad Ms. Pelosi stood up to the "bully-in-chief and his microphone." Now, Trump sycophants can not go on social media and 'mouth off' about how "Nancy got owned by Trump" because: It. Did. Not. Happen!

Transparency for manipulation sake is not good transparency!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.4.2  arkpdx  replied to  dennis smith @4.4.1    6 years ago

she's good at that. It is about all she good at but she good at that .

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.4.3  lennylynx  replied to  arkpdx @4.4.2    6 years ago

I bet she's pretty wild in the sack too!  jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

CB
Professor Principal
4.4.4  CB  replied to  dennis smith @4.4.1    6 years ago

Oh no she did not! Your 'boy' Trump threw decorum out the window. She partially curbed him for ignoring all the 'cautions.' President Trump tried to show-out (shine) on her; but 'not today' —Ms. Pelosi threw a rope on that bull-headed prez and strapped-in for a long, sweet, ride in the White House!

Yippie-yi-yo-ki-yay! She's a cow-girl now!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    6 years ago

Nancy and Chuck looked like little kids, sitting there afraid to look their teacher in the eye.

It was fun to watch Chuck and Nancy squirm, as Trumped leaned in and gave them their "What for's". LOL !

Politicians don't like to be told to "Sit Down and Shut up" !

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8  Sparty On    6 years ago

Buckle up buttercups.   The next two years is going to be a bumpy ride.

Clearly neither side intends to work towards the high ground and the loser. like usual, will be all American citizens.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sparty On @8    6 years ago
Buckle up buttercups.   The next two years is going to be a bumpy ride.

You mean like it has been since 2009? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1    6 years ago

Lol, if you really believe that, what rock you been living under?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.1.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sparty On @8.1.1    6 years ago
Lol, if you really believe that, what rock you been living under?

What rock have you been living under? Don't you remember Mitch McConnell and, the rest of the Republicans saying in 2009, "We will make him a one term president" and, when that didn't work they tried to repeal Obamacare 70 freaking times and, while all that was going on they tried to prove that there was something going on with the Benghazi attack and, lets not forget Clintons emails. Yep, there was all kinds of crap going on, on the Republican side of the isle. It's amazing to me when it is done to the right the true snowflakes come out and, whine about how it isn't fair and, patriotism is doing whatever Trump says to do. We don't have a dictator or, a king, he is a president and, has to answer to the other two branches of government. Get use to it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1.2    6 years ago

For the love of God, please just STOP with the "one term" shit.

It is the goal of every political party to make opposition incumbents one-termers.

Period.

If it ISN'T, please provide me a list of Democrats who worked to make GWB a two-termer, or please refrain from that silliness.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.1.5  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.3    6 years ago
If it ISN'T, please provide me a list of Democrats who worked to make GWB a two-termer, or please refrain from that silliness.

Oh, let's see here, can you provide with a list of Democrats in the House and, the Senate that worked to make sure that none of George W.'s bills got passed or, provide me with a list of Democrats who did the same under BushI or, Reagan? Show me a list of Democrats who made it their jobs to shutdown the government under these administrations or, to undermine and, investigate the president and, his staff or, to vote to repeal legislation that was passed by a majority of Congress 70 times while they had control of Congress, please I would love to see that list.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9  It Is ME    6 years ago

My "Fav" line came from Pelosi, when she said the "Legislative" branch came to Trump in "Good Faith", after this new "Legislative" branch already said they were not going to give Trump what he wanted anyway, before this "Sit Down" !!

Too Fucking Funny ! jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

REMEMBER, Pelosi and Chucky were for 25B in border security, before they weren't. Typical Liberal Rhetoric as USUAL. jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
9.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @9    6 years ago

True, They offered him $1,300,000,000 for the wall and he threatened to shut the government down.

Great compromise tactic...and then he had to call her later and make nice.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Studiusbagus @9.1    6 years ago

They "Offered" 25 Billion during the "Obama" debacle for this same thing. What's "Changed" ?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @9.1.1    6 years ago
during the "Obama" debacle

When was that?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @9.1.1    6 years ago
What's "Changed" ?

Ohhhhh not much....maybe a bit of debunking your comment, nothing unusual.

Checking 9.2.3 would explain it to you.

Glad I could clear that up for you. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
9.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @9    6 years ago
REMEMBER, Pelosi and Chucky were for 25B in border security, before they weren't. Typical Liberal Rhetoric as USUAL.  jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Link to that?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Studiusbagus @9.2    6 years ago

Don't hold your breath on that one.  All you'll get is sidestepping, deflections, and nonsense.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
9.2.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  Release The Kraken @9.2.2    6 years ago

Yep, offered it to stop the shutdown, 

Cornyn, the No. 2 Senate Republican, said Schumer had promised a $25 billion figure for the wall and other border security measures, though not all of that would have been immediate funding. He called Schumer’s withdrawal of the offer “a step backward.”

So was backstepping on DACA

Chuck Schumer on Tuesday pulled back an offer of $25 billion for President Donald Trump’s long-promised southern border wall, as lawmakers scrambled to figure out how to push a deal to protect 700,000 or more so-called Dreamer immigrants from deportation. Trump appeared to agree to a pair of deals with Democrats, then backed out and demanded more money for a border wall.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Studiusbagus @9.2.3    6 years ago

Trust you to tell the rest of the story

High Five!

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
9.2.5  Studiusbagus  replied to  Release The Kraken @9.2.2    6 years ago
It was an easy find....

Great find. Thanks!

lib50
Professor Silent
9.2.8  lib50  replied to  dennis smith @9.2.7    6 years ago
Keep on spinning, it is very amusing

Even more amusing when he comes up with facts that prove his point and someone has no way to debunk it.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
10  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
10.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10    6 years ago

Yep dog and pony show, you know it was one when both sides leave it smiling like they achieved something....

pat wilson
Professor Participates
10.2  pat wilson  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10    6 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12  Just Jim NC TttH    6 years ago

Let's unpack the meeting......

Three traps that Trump set for Pelosi and Schumer………..

• 1) Knowing well that Pelosi had already vowed publicly that “transparency and openness” would characterize the Democrat-run house starting next month, her request to speak in private scored points for Trump and revealed her hypocrisy before any substance at all was considered.
  • 2) His bold declaration of ownership of any “government shutdown”. Democrats have convinced themselves that what is called a “shutdown” but really means furloughing non-essential federal workers is a tragedy, a scar on the national psyche. Aside from shutting down national parks and other mundane activities, the fact is that life goes on very well for nearly all Americans during the furlough.
  • 3) By doing what he did, he maneuvered the Senate Democrats into standing for open borders, or at least ineffective border security.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
13  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

Ok, my computer is in the shop at this time, it got a cold. So, I'm shutting this down whenever I'm not able to be on it since it will be 24 hrs before I can get back on it at the soonest, right now I have 63 minutes left on the library computer.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
13.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @13    6 years ago

Open for one hour twenty minutes.