╌>

How Rudy Giuliani Got Caught Red-Handed With Borat's Daughter

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  60 comments

By:   Matt Wilstein, Asawin Suebsaeng (The Daily Beast)

How Rudy Giuliani Got Caught Red-Handed With Borat's Daughter
When Rudy Giuliani first revealed his run-in with Sacha Baron Cohen, he didn't mention the compromised position he was in when Borat burst into the room. (Warning: Spoilers ahead.)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

NOT VERY NICE

When Rudy Giuliani first revealed his run-in with Sacha Baron Cohen, he didn't mention the compromised position he was in when Borat burst into the room. (Warning: Spoilers ahead.)

Matt Wilstein

Senior Writer

Asawin Suebsaeng

White House Reporter

Updated Oct. 21, 2020 1:55PM ET / Published Oct. 21, 2020 1:08PM ET 201021-wilstein-rudy-borat-tease_caxgo1

Photo Illustration by The Daily Beast/ Photos Getty

Sacha Baron Cohen has pulled a lot of outrageous pranks over the past couple of decades. None have been quite as insane as the one that ends with Rudy Giuliani's hands in his pants.

When the trailer for Borat Subsequent Moviefilm dropped online earlier this month, it stood to reason that the climax of the highly-anticipated sequel would involve Baron Cohen's iconic Kazakh character attempting to deliver his daughter as a gift to Vice President Mike Pence at CPAC while dressed in an elaborate Donald Trump costume.

In fact, that scene, which got picked up by conservative media outlets all the way back in February—with no one the wiser that Baron Cohen was behind the prank—comes and goes within the first third of the new movie, out on Amazon Prime Video this Friday.

But while Pence emerges from the film more or less unscathed, another close confidant of the president's does not.

The following details come with a major spoiler alert for anyone who doesn't want to know what happens. At first it seemed as though Giuliani himself may have spoiled the ending this past July when he revealed to his favorite newspaper the New York Post that he had called the NYPD on Baron Cohen after the prankster comedian burst into an interview he was doing wearing what he described as a "pink transgender outfit."

In Giuliani's telling, he was answering questions on camera from a female reporter when they were abruptly interrupted. "This person comes in yelling and screaming, and I thought this must be a scam or a shakedown, so I reported it to the police. He then ran away," the former New York City mayor and current personal lawyer for President Trump said. "I only later realized it must have been Sacha Baron Cohen. I thought about all the people he previously fooled and I felt good about myself because he didn't get me."

After watching the film, it becomes abundantly clear that Baron Cohen most certainly did "get" Giuliani.

The larger premise of the consistently funny sequel, nimbly directed by Jason Woliner, is that Borat Sagdiyev must redeem himself in the eyes of his country's premier after bringing shame on Kazakhstan with the original film. Ultimately a plan is reached to wed his teenage daughter Tutar—played brilliantly by the mostly unknown and somewhat mysterious Bulgarian actress Maria Bakalova—to someone in President Trump's inner circle.

With Pence off the table—and, as they joke, most of Trump's other close associates in prison—they set their sights on Giuliani. "Rudolph was Donald's best buddy in whole world," Borat says in his voiceover. "And also very dignified statesman of the highest order. This would not be easy."

"Luckily I discover his preference for womens with ample cheese-producing capacity," he adds, referring to yet another Page Six article that claimed Giuliani had "been bragging to pals about having an affair with a married woman with 'big boobs.'"

After an extended bit in which Borat tries to force Tutar to get breast implants—and a long and deeply revealing detour surrounding the COVID-19 lockdown that includes the previously-leaked prank Baron Cohen pulled on a far-right militia rally in Washington state—the film arrives at the fateful interview with Giuliani.

Posing as a conservative journalist in the mold of Tomi Lahren—albeit with a strong eastern European accent—Tutar sits down with Giuliani in a Manhattan hotel suite for an "interview" in which she mostly flatters him into creepily flirting with her. "I'll relax you, you want me to ask you a question?" Giuliani says as she giggles in response. After blaming China for the coronavirus, he agrees to "eat a bat" with his interviewer, who repeatedly touches his knee to egg him on.

Baron Cohen first interrupts the interview dressed as a sound engineer with a large boom mic, but leaves before it's over. At that point, Tutar offers to "have a drink in the bedroom" with Giuliani, who happily obliges.

"Giuliani then lies down on the bed and starts sticking his hands down his pants in a suggestive manner."

On what appear to be hidden cameras, we see Giuliani remove her microphone and ask for her phone number and address as he sits down on the bed. He starts patting her backside as she removes the microphone from his pants. Giuliani then lies down on the bed and starts sticking his hands down his pants in a suggestive manner.

But before anything more can happen, Borat bursts into the room and shouts, "Put down your chram!"—his preferred word for penis. "She's 15! She's too old for you!"

The startled Giuliani, who had no reason to believe his interviewer was underage, sits up abruptly and gets out of there as fast as he can. "Rudy, Trump will be disappoint! You are leaving hotel without golden shower!" Borat yells after him.

After that, the film concludes with one more big and hilarious reveal that we won't be spoiling here.

The Daily Beast reached out to Giuliani to clarify what exactly he thought was happening in that hotel room, and how far things might have gone before Baron Cohen interrupted them. By Wednesday afternoon, neither Giuliani nor his own attorney, Robert Costello, had responded to calls, messages, or emails seeking comment.

Details of the scene publicly emerged just as the pugnacious Trump lawyer has been waging, in the closing weeks of the 2020 race, his latest campaign against the president's Democratic opponent Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden. Giuliani, with President Trump's prior approval and encouragement, has devoted his time as a prominent Trump ally and confidant to publicizing the contents of what he says is a hard drive full of Hunter's files and private messages.

Along with focusing on Hunter's foreign business dealings, the Trump attorney has also lambasted Biden and his son over the lurid alleged details of Hunter's personal excesses, addiction, and struggles. Giuliani has done this much to the frustration of certain other Trump advisers who feel that focusing too much on Hunter's private life risks making him and his father seem more sympathetic.

In an interview with The Daily Beast published on Saturday, Giuliani said that prior to the publication of the New York Post 's initial story on the Hunter-related files, he told President Trump "that there were…a number of photographs that show very explicit sexual activity, and other very personal things."

The president's personal lawyer said that he did not show Trump the photos or images, because he did not want Trump to talk about that content in any great detail. Giuliani added that he had specifically advised his client that if any of that salacious material were to be published, the president should just say that "he will have to have it reviewed to see if it's a danger to national security… because this is precisely the thing that [Trump's foes] said they had on him… [with the urinating] prostitutes on the bed."

In less than a week after that interview, another news story would emerge that involved a bed, supposedly explicit content, and "very personal things." It's just that Hunter Biden wasn't at the center of it.

For more, listen to Sacha Baron Cohen on The Last Laugh podcast .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

"Giuliani then lies down on the bed and starts sticking his hands down his pants in a suggestive manner."

On what appear to be hidden cameras, we see Giuliani remove her microphone and ask for her phone number and address as he sits down on the bed. He starts patting her backside as she removes the microphone from his pants. Giuliani then lies down on the bed and starts sticking his hands down his pants in a suggestive manner.

But before anything more can happen, Borat bursts into the room and shouts, "Put down your chram!"—his preferred word for penis. "She's 15! She's too old for you!"

The startled Giuliani, who had no reason to believe his interviewer was underage, sits up abruptly and gets out of there as fast as he can. "Rudy, Trump will be disappoint! You are leaving hotel without golden shower!" Borat yells after him.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Your honor, the prosecution rests 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    4 years ago

His left hand is down in his pop up region

Ek3xwu7VkAAbmre?format=png&name=small

Tom Joseph
@TomJChicago
·
48m
BREAKING- Say goodbye to Rudy Giuliani. He is done, along w/ his lies & depravity. He’s cold busted on film in the new Borat movie like a perp in a sting operation. The dominoes around Trump keep falling. His turn is coming.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    4 years ago

Ek3yxe5VgAACPsm?format=png&name=large

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is hilarious. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    4 years ago

Let's talk about Rudy's sex addiction.....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

So when do the death threats against Cohen and his wife and family start?

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    4 years ago

Rudy is so N A S T Y...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

By the way people, if you have Netflix check out the new movie The Trial Of The Chicago 7.   It's an excellent film, and Sacha Baron Cohen will be up for an Oscar for his portrayal of the 60's counterculture icon Abbie Hoffman. 

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    4 years ago

Rudy the creepy perv.

I could have done without an image of him lying on a bed like that.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @4    4 years ago

That's the stuff of nightmares....

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    4 years ago

Could you imagine how desperate one would have to be...Lord...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @4.1.1    4 years ago

To boink Rudy? Ewwww.....maybe back when he had real teeth and hair....

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

I'm not sure I understand.  Was Rudy acting in a movie, or was he caught on a hidden camera with some underage girl?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5    4 years ago

He was caught on camera with a woman pretending to be a journalist. She wasn't underage. It was a set up but a good one.

Professor Guide
5.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1    4 years ago

Ok, so he wasn't acting?  He really thought he was going to get laid by the journalist?  Kind of like an adult version of Candid Camera?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.1    4 years ago

Exactly!

Professor Guide
5.1.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.2    4 years ago

So he was putting his hands in his pants for real?  I could vomit just thinking about what he might have been thinking about.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.3    4 years ago
So he was putting his hands in his pants for real? 

Yes, Ma'am. I think that "good Catholic boy" deserves a ruler on the knuckles, don't you?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Ender  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.4    4 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @5.1.6    4 years ago

They don't like getting schlonged by Rudy Ghouliani

Professor Guide
5.1.9  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.5    4 years ago
Yes, Ma'am. I think that "good Catholic boy" deserves a ruler on the knuckles, don't you?

Only if it's one of those metal ones.  The really sturdy yard-long metal ones.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.9    4 years ago

1/4 inch thick

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5    4 years ago

He was tricked by the filmmakers into thinking he was being interviewed for a documentary.  Sacha Baron Cohen has done this before. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2    4 years ago

I've caught some of his shows on Showtime. He really knows how to reel them in

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     4 years ago

But, but Hunter...

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago
The   secret's out: President Trump's personal attorney and top campaign surrogate Rudy Giuliani was duped by   a potentially career-ending prank   as part of Sacha Baron Cohen's sequel to 2006's   Borat . Having watched it, I can confirm that even   knowing what's coming   won't prepare you for the shock and revulsion of the scene.

Discourse Blog 's Jack Crosbie   concurred , writing that the moment is "far more graphic than any of the reviews make it sound." The scene involves Borat's 15-year-old daughter, Tutar — played by   24-year-old actress   Maria Bakalova — who is posing as a journalist with the intent of seducing Giuliani, 76, in a hotel room.

During the interview, Giuliani spouts off   lies   about China supposedly having "manufactured" the coronavirus and "deliberately spread it all around the world." Tutar, all the while, plays the part of a charming but inexperienced journalist. Several times during the interview she flirtatiously touches Giuliani's knee, and at the end she invites him to "have a drink in the bedroom."

Once in the suite, Giuliani helps Tutar remove her microphone (though the room is of course bugged with   Borat 2 's hidden cameras and mics) and tells her "you can give me your phone number and your address." He then proceeds to lean back on the bed and "pushes both hands into the front of his pants, possibly re-tucking his shirt," writes Crosbie, "but they stay there as he rummages around a bit, sighing."

Before anything else happens, Borat (wearing what Giuliani would   later describe   as "a pink transgender outfit") bursts into the room, causing Giuliani to sit up and yank his hands quickly out of his pants with an " oop! "

"She's 15, she too old for you! … She's my daughter, please, take me instead!" Borat tells Giuliani, at which point   the police were promptly called . (Giuliani, for what it's worth, also bafflingly clarifies to Cohen, "I don't want you.")

The whole movie will be   available to watch on Amazon   starting on Friday. You can read the full transcript of the scene's aftermath — although trust me, there can't be "spoilers" for a moment quite like this —   at   Discourse Blog

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @8    4 years ago

Word is Rudy Giuliani, who has been trying to do a "hit job" on Joe Biden for a couple years, is crying that the Borat scene is a hit job on him as retaliation for the hit hob he tried to do on the Democratic presidential candidate. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    4 years ago

"Revenge is a dish best served cold." (Moby Dick and Khan)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    4 years ago
Word is

And where do you get these words from?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.2    4 years ago

I peruse the news a lot. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.3    4 years ago

Oh, that is great!

Should be absolutely NO problem supplying your source then, right?

Got one?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.4    4 years ago

I wouldnt walk across the room to answer one of your questions, let alone go back through all the tweets I looked at today. 

Your objection to my comment is noted. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.5    4 years ago
[deleted]
Your objection to my comment is noted. 

Try reading my comment again. I voiced no objection to your comment. Where do you come up with this from?

I merely asked for proof for what you claimed.

Didn't meant to upset you by asking a question that is asked thousands of times here.

I kind of figured it wouldn't be answered anyways!

Carry on, JR, carry on!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.5    4 years ago
 let alone go back through all the tweets I looked at today. 

Didn't you just tell me you got it from perusing the news a lot?

Is Twitter your preferred news source now?

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.7    4 years ago

Let me explain something to you, since apparently you have yet to know it. 

Everyday thousands of people use twitter to link to other stories in newspapers, videos, magazines and from tv shows and video. 

There is a news source for what I said, and a link, but I am not interested in going back to find it in order to gratify you. 

I hope that clears up your misunderstanding. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    4 years ago
Let me explain something to you, since apparently you have yet to know it. 

I know it, you just don't like admitting it.

Everyday thousands of people use twitter to link to other stories in newspapers, videos, magazines and from tv shows and video. 

Yes, I don't know of anyone who has disputed that. Who are you arguing against with that?

There is a news source for what I said, and a link, but I am not interested in going back to find it in order to gratify you. 

Well, of course there is, JR! LOL.

I hope that clears up your misunderstanding. 

I misunderstood nothing, whether you accept it or like it or not.

Productive chat, JR, real productive.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.10  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.9    4 years ago

Babble on son. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.10    4 years ago

[deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.12  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.2    4 years ago

"many people have said ..."

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    4 years ago

Wasn't this filmed months ago before Rudy opened up his pie hole about Hunter Biden?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @8.1.12    4 years ago

Rather ridiculous to quote to me something I have not said, but, whatever.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.14    4 years ago
"Wasn't this filmed months ago before Rudy opened up his pie hole about Hunter Biden?"

Yes, yes it was!

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.17  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.7    4 years ago
Is Twitter your preferred news source now?

No one spends as much of his life on Twitter as our "Dear Leader"!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @8.1.17    4 years ago

Which has ZERO to do with my question, but thanks for playing. Try again sometime!

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     4 years ago

dh6y3tD.jpg

pat wilson
Professor Participates
9.1  pat wilson  replied to  Kavika @9    4 years ago

He was "tucking in his shirt".     Laying on the bed, "tucking in his shirt'.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Kavika   replied to  pat wilson @9.1    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Kavika @9.1.1    4 years ago

He was tucking those shirt tails extra deep too....

pat wilson
Professor Participates
11  pat wilson    4 years ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
12  Kavika     4 years ago

IT WAS JUST ANNOUNCED THAT RUDY WILL HAVE HIS OWN FLOAT IN THE MACY'S PARADE.

JBB
Professor Principal
13  JBB    4 years ago

I saw the whole thing this morning on Amazon and Rudy was creepy, drunk, lecherous and cringey...