╌>

Ocasio-Cortez: Republicans don't believe Democrats 'have the stones to play hardball' | TheHill

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  117 comments

By:   Celine Castronuovo (TheHill)

Ocasio-Cortez: Republicans don't believe Democrats 'have the stones to play hardball' | TheHill
"Democrats Have Stones To Fight Back"

Ready or not the Democrats are coming back with a vengeance!

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Celine Castronuovo Tweet Share More

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-CortezAlexandria Ocasio-CortezBitter fight over Barrett fuels calls to nix filibuster, expand courtScaramucci says Trump has united country: 'It just happens to be against him'CNN won't run pro-Trump ad warning Biden will raise taxes on middle classMORE (D-N.Y.) took to Twitter late Monday to call for the expansion of the Supreme Court as Amy Coney BarrettAmy Coney BarrettBarrett starts fraught first week as Supreme Court faces fights over election, abortion rightsThe Memo: Women could cost Trump reelectionBitter fight over Barrett fuels calls to nix filibuster, expand courtMORE was sworn in as a justice, with the progressive first-term lawmaker arguing that Republicans don't believe Democrats "have the stones to play hardball like they do. "

"Expand the court," the congresswoman wrote in response to the 52-48 Senate vote Monday evening to confirm Barret after a weeks-long partisan fight.

"Republicans do this because they don't believe Dems have the stones to play hardball like they do," Ocasio-Cortez added in a follow-up tweet. "And for a long time they've been correct. But do not let them bully the public into thinking their bulldozing is normal but a response isn't."

"There is a legal process for expansion," she added.

Republicans do this because they don't believe Dems have the stones to play hardball like they do. And for a long time they've been correct. But do not let them bully the public into thinking their bulldozing is normal but a response isn't. There is a legal process for expansion. — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) October 27, 2020

Democratic Rep. Ilhan OmarIlhan OmarOcasio-Cortez: Republicans don't believe Democrats 'have the stones to play hardball'Progressive lawmakers call for United Nations probe into DHS 'human rights abuses'Ocasio-Cortez hits Trump for 'disrespect' over calling her AOC during debatesMORE (Minn.), a fellow "squad" member, retweeted Ocasio-Cortez's messages Monday evening.

"Remember that Republicans have lost 6 of the last 7 popular votes, but have appointed 6 of the last 9 justices," she wrote. "By expanding the court we fix this broken system and have the court better represent the values of the American people."

The addition of more justices to the Supreme Court, as well as the end to the Senate filibuster, has been gaining increasing support among Democrats.

Sen.  (D-Del.), an ally of Democratic presidential nominee , said earlier this month that he is open to expanding the Supreme Court.

And Sen.  (I-Maine), long viewed as a key swing vote on the issue, hinted during the Senate's debate that he was open to expanding the Supreme Court, noting that the number of justices is not inscribed in the Constitution.

"Oh, no! Somebody is talking about breaking the rules and packing the court. Well, of course, Article 3 of the Constitution doesn't establish how many members of the Supreme Court there should be," King said.

"I don't want to pack the court. I don't want to change the number. I don't want to have to do that. But if all of this rule breaking is taking place, what does the majority expect?" he added.

Senate Democrats warned of intense pushback over the GOP push to confirm Barrett just before Election Day, with many pointing out a double standard following Senate Republicans' refusal to provide a hearing for former President Obama's pick, Merrick GarlandMerrick Brian GarlandBitter fight over Barrett fuels calls to nix filibuster, expand courtOcasio-Cortez: Republicans don't believe Democrats 'have the stones to play hardball'Barrett sworn in as Supreme Court justice by ThomasMORE, in 2016.

Senate Minority Leader  (D-N.Y.) said Monday night that Republicans may eventually regret their decision to push to confirm President TrumpDonald John TrumpGiuliani goes off on Fox Business host after she compares him to Christopher SteeleTrump looks to shore up support in NebraskaNYT: Trump had 7 million in debt mostly tied to Chicago project forgivenMORE's latest nominee.

"The Republican majority is lighting its credibility on fire. ... The next time the American people give Democrats a majority in this chamber, you will have forfeited the right to tell us how to run that majority," Schumer said.

"My colleagues may regret this for a lot longer than they think," he added.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

"Do not say that you were not warned" - AOC...

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1  Sunshine  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Warned about what?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sunshine @1.1    4 years ago

That Democrats have the votes to fight back!

That the political pendulum swings both ways.

That we can play hardball and will not give up...

What in the hell did you think that AOC meant?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    4 years ago

Isn't she getting a bit ahead of herself.  They need to win the Senate and the Presidency first.

So yes, nothing to be warned about.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    4 years ago
That the political pendulum swings both ways.

Do Democrats understand that, finally?  They've been escalating the fight for 30 year and throw tantrums when their tactics boomerang on them. 

They win an election and act like the grasshopper in Aesop's fable, thinking it will be summer forever and winter will never come. 

You'd think, after they pissed away Obama's supermajority so quickly after 2008, they'd understand the cyclical nature of politics by now.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    4 years ago

It's AOC--who gives a damn?

Only fools are listening to her chirping.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    4 years ago

Only fools? You hold America in low esteem!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    4 years ago

Only idiots are listening to Trump's shrieking.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.5    4 years ago
You hold America in low esteem!

Not at all. Most Americans don't listen to AOC, unless it is to laugh.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    4 years ago

I'm trying to figure out who the bigger dweebs are, AOC or the people who are her voter base that got her elected.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.8    4 years ago
I'm trying to figure out who the bigger dweebs are, AOC or the people who are her voter base that got her elected.

If people could vote on that, it might be a statistical tie!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.3    4 years ago
You'd think, after they pissed away Obama's supermajority so quickly after 2008, they'd understand the cyclical nature of politics by now.

That would be logical. Perhaps THAT is the problem?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.12  Raven Wing  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    4 years ago
That we can play hardball and will not give up...

Exactly. The dems and Indies have a real reason to fight justas hard and dirty as Trump and his personal army can, as we are fighting to save America and its people. Trump is fighting to feed his ego, to make him look good, to make himself the Dictator of America in his 2nd term so that he will never have to bother with an election again.

He is NOT fighting to save America or its people. It is only all about him, his ego, and his dream of becoming the ruler of America. 

Any and all of his egotistical motives to win at any cost, and in that, everyone is disposable, even members of his own family, except for Ivanka. 

So if Trump loses, we can expect an attempted revolution and takeover of  our government where he will declared Dictator. 

It will live in imphany in American history. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.13  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    4 years ago
That Democrats have the votes to fight back!

They don't have the stones, the votes, or the brains to get Biden successfully across the finish line

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.14  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1.1.5    4 years ago
Only fools? You hold America in low esteem!

Just low information liberals.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  Texan1211    4 years ago

Interesting to see if a junior Congresswoman can drag the Biden-Harris ticket all the way to the far, far, far left.

I don't think she has that kind of pull. 

"I don't want to pack the court. I don't want to change the number. I don't want to have to do that. But if all of this rule breaking is taking place, what does the majority expect?" he added.

No rules were broken. WTF is the person bitching about?????

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2    4 years ago

Yet Ocasio-Cortez will win reelection, unlike Trump...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1    4 years ago

B.F.D.

A glass of water with a "D" behind could win THAT district!

Whoo hoo!

LMAO!

BTW, WTF does that have to do with my post?

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    4 years ago

AOC is a Congressperson. Biden will be POTUS!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.2    4 years ago
AOC is a Congressperson. Biden will be POTUS!

And that relates to my post how exactly?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

She dumber than I thought. Or she thinks her base are idiots.

The Democrat's have done nothing but play hardball for 30 years.   Starting with Bork, they've escalated every step of the way. From filibustering, to destroying the filibuster, all for temporary partisan gain. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    4 years ago

Everyone knows AOC. Nobody knows your Rep...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @3.1    4 years ago

Everyone knows AOC.

Clowns are popular, no doubt. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.1    4 years ago

LOL!

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.1    4 years ago

Get yourself elected to Congress twice and then you too can be a big celebrity like AOC is...

Until then your jealousy and fear are noted!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    4 years ago
Get yourself elected to Congress twice and then you too can be a big celebrity like AOC is...

Who in their right mind would want to be popular with idiots?

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.4    4 years ago

You are just calling Democrats lots of names!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.5    4 years ago

Just the ones in AOC's district--per Nancy Pelosi, of course!

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.6    4 years ago

Oops! The Dow dived...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.7    4 years ago
Oops! The Dow dived...

Are you officially changing the topic to the stock market now?

I want to know if I respond whether it will be deleted or not.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.9  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.8    4 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.9    4 years ago

Please list all the money spent by Trump not appropriated by Congress.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  dennis smith @3.1.11    4 years ago

Of course not.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    4 years ago
Or she thinks her base are idiots.

Even a blind dog finds a bone now and then, this must be one for AOC.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2    4 years ago

Dismissive attitudes like yours are why the gop gets no votes in progressive urban districts!

I bet you her constituents think you are dumb.

Which party is ascendant and which declining?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.2.1    4 years ago
Dismissive attitudes like yours are why the gop gets no votes in progressive urban districts!

Gee, I am absolutely sad that you didn't like a quote from a famous Democratic leader. That line comes courtesy of Nancy Pelosi, knew you would enjoy a Democrat telling the freaking TRUTH!!! lol!

I bet you her constituents think you are dumb.

Like I would ever give a damn what a bunch of yahoos who voted for AOC think of me! LOL!

Which party is ascendant and which declining?

Just a cycle that has been repeated many, many, many times over the years---don't you remember?

Look back at how giddy Democrats were in 2008, declaring the GOP dead, only to be bitch-slapped back to reality in 2010.

Really surprised you don't remember this relatively new history.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.2    4 years ago

I can remember the damn gop suffered its worst popular vote loss in US history in 2018. I know that Trump cannot win the Electoral College while losing the popular vote by such margins. So, I am not worried like you are...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.2.3    4 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.5  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.4    4 years ago

Winning back the United States House of Representatives and putting Nancy Pelosi back into the Speaker's chair is what counts.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.4    4 years ago

Yep, we all saw how that glorious blue wave totally fizzled out at the doors to the Senate in 2018.jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.2.6    4 years ago

There were too few gop Senators up in 2018.

I don't expect to see much of you next week...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.2.5    4 years ago
Winning back the United States House of Representatives and putting Nancy Pelosi back into the Speaker's chair is what counts.

Strange claim from someone who is always talking about how important the overall popular votes for Congressional and Senate races around the country and how that is what matters most.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.2.7    4 years ago
There were too few gop Senators up in 2018.

There were nine Senate seats the GOP had to defend in 2018.

ALL the Democrats had to do was win ONE net seat to prevent a GOP majority.

Instead, Democrats LOST net seats.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @3.2.7    4 years ago

Oh I can guarantee you will be seeing me!

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.11  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.9    4 years ago

The gop still suffered its worst popular vote loss in US history during the 2018 midterms!

If you think that bodes well for Trump in 2020 then you probably believe in the Tooth Fairy...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.2.11    4 years ago
The gop still suffered its worst popular vote loss in US history during the 2018 midterms!

Which means next to nothing to most people.

If you think that bodes well for Trump in 2020 then you probably believe in the Tooth Fairy..

I stated nothing of the sort. Why not argue what I do write?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.13  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.12    4 years ago

That would be logical and make sense, therefore does not apply.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.14  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @3.2.11    4 years ago

Lol .... the Dems lost the Senate and lost ground in the House in 2014.

This attempt to propagandize mid term elections and the tendencies therein is hilariously sophomoric

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.15  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.14    4 years ago

Get back to me next Wednesday for a laugh!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.16  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @3.2.15    4 years ago

I do hope you get that chance for a change.   I've been laughing my ass off nearly every day since November 9th 2016.

It's been a hoot watching all the butt-hurt babies on the left whine like little school girls scorned the whole time.

Not sure they can survive four more years of it .....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.14    4 years ago
Lol .... the Dems lost the Senate and lost ground in the House in 2014.

Yeah, but the real question is:

Which party got the most overall popular votes in Congressional and Senate races? Isn't THAT much, much more important than how many seats are won or lost? Who judges an election on results anymore?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.18  Raven Wing  replied to  JBB @3.2.7    4 years ago
I don't expect to see much of you next week...

I don't expect to see a good many of the Trump sheeples here after next Tuesday. Even though a couple of states have been permission to accept and count all mail-in votes for a period of time after Nov 3rd, 2020. 

In North Carolina, a settlement announced by the State Board of Elections said ballots postmarked by Election Day would count as long as officials receive them within nine days after the election.

And in Wisconsin, a federal judge similarly ruled Monday that ballots postmarked by Election Day would count as long as officials have them in hand within six days after Nov. 3.

Last week, Pennsylvania's Supreme Court said ballots that are postmarked on or before Election Day will be counted so long as they're received within the next three days.

And a Michigan state judge last week also ruled that absentee ballots postmarked by Nov. 3 can be counted if they arrive up to two weeks after Election Day.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.19  Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing @3.2.18    4 years ago

Those that do stay will be insisting it was not a legal election, and/or making excuses for why Trump lost, with a very wide variation of reasons why. Those that decide to leave will do so because they can't save face anymore. 

It should be a very interesting time.jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.22  Sparty On  replied to  Raven Wing @3.2.18    4 years ago

I wasn't at all surprised to see all the butt-hurt still here after 11-08-16.

Acting out like the immature, narcissistic little babies that they are ..... it's what they do best .....

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

The republicans have been counting on the Democrats not having the balls to take on a fight.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  Krishna  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    4 years ago

And then there's the factor of the ever increasing number of Republicans who have begun to "see the light" and are now opposing Trump's madness!

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    4 years ago

Exactly! And, the Democrats are fixing to fight back!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
5  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

Will AOC be our first Latinx
- Speaker of the House
- Senate Majority Leader
- Vice-President
- President
- all of the above? 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ronin2  replied to  Bob Nelson @5    4 years ago

With the pieces of shit the Establishment parties are running over the last few elections anything is possible as far as Presidents go.  They just have to find someone more toxic, vapid, and radical to run her against on the Republican side.

As for the rest, Speaker of the House and Majority leader are elected positions by the party in charge. If the Democrats are stupid enough to put her in that kind of position; then they are dumb enough to lose the votes doing it,

As for VP, she would be the perfect anchor to drag under any Democratic nominee for President. The far left version of Sarah Palin. She will be great at energizing the radicals- and even better at turning off all moderates. Seems some never learn from history.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6  Gsquared    4 years ago

It's amazing.  The righties are obsessed by AOC.  And they go on and on ad nauseum about how stupid they claim is, but they sure love that genius Louis Gohmert.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Gsquared @6    4 years ago

I've seen AOC interviewed probably 5 or 6 times. In every one of the interviews I've seen she seems like a conscientious, intelligent member of the U.S. Congress.  I dont know if she is high IQ, but she is clearly more than intelligent enough to serve successfully in Congress, and obviously much more intelligent than Trump. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    4 years ago

I agree. The interviews and the remarks she has made in Congress that I have heard do show her to be conscientious and intelligent.  Being more intelligent than Trump is not a very high bar.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    4 years ago

Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez graduated with honors from Boston University with degrees in International Studies and Economics. She can hold her own against Louis Gohmert of Texas.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Gsquared  replied to  JBB @6.1.2    4 years ago

She can more than hold her own against Gohmert.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Gsquared @6.1.3    4 years ago

I just read that Hillary Clinton has joined the Electoral College. This should make the election even more interesting.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Gsquared  replied to  Raven Wing @6.1.4    4 years ago

It certainly should.  As if it was even possible to make this election more interesting!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.1.6  Raven Wing  replied to  Gsquared @6.1.5    4 years ago
As if it was even possible to make this election more interesting!

Indeed. And I just read where Trump has now said that he won't accept his not winning the election.

That will put an interesting turn to the election to be sure.

However, he has said that many times already...

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @6.1.2    4 years ago

You make the classic mistake of equating book smart intelligence with real world common sense intelligence. AOC has plenty of the first but severely lacks the second. She is a idealistic dreamer only.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.8    4 years ago

common sense isn't really all that common anymore

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.10  seeder  JBB  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.8    4 years ago

She is fixing to be overwhelmingly reelected so that kind of illustrates how wrong you are. And, no, it is not because people in the Bronx lack "Street Smarts". Just think about that...

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.11  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.9    4 years ago

You make your point as nobody else could...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.10    4 years ago

already explained her district would elect a glass of water with a D behind it.

According to Democratic leader Pelosi

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.11    4 years ago

as do you!

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.14  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.13    4 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.14    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.16  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @6.1.10    4 years ago

As I have said before, nothing is written in stone. We shall see.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @6.1.10    4 years ago

She represents one of the most liberal districts in our union so ..... yawn!  

The devil would get elected there if he said he was a Democrat.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2  bugsy  replied to  Gsquared @6    4 years ago
The righties are obsessed by AOC.

Just like a major accident on the freeway. Very difficult not to look.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  bugsy @6.2    4 years ago

You mean like the lefties are obsessed with Graham lately?

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.2  bugsy  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.2.1    4 years ago

What's funny about that is the left is supposed to be the party of inclusion, especially the LGBT, rest of alphabet group, but somehow find it acceptable to accuse Graham of being gay, then trying to trash him and insult him for it.

There is one far loon lefty on here that likes to refer to Gram as Ms Lindsey.

Sounds pretty hateful to me.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  bugsy @6.2.2    4 years ago

Yep.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.4  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.2.1    4 years ago

You're really obsessed with what the lefties are doing... saying... 

Why the fascination? 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.4    4 years ago

It's nowhere near obsession. It's called comedy relief!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.6  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.2.5    4 years ago

"comic relief" 

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.7  bugsy  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.6    4 years ago

Doesn't matter what it's called.

Listening to a liberal speak or post on a blog is comedy gold. Unfortunately, much of what they say or post is concerning to the survival of this country.

Much of it is dangerous rhetoric, and I believe that is the reason why Trump will receive a record number minority votes because they see democrats and liberals for what most really are....racist and they do not care about the black community.

Democrats -Year of election.....stump heavily for black votes.

Day after election....shove them out of the car until the next election.

Blacks know this.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.8  Bob Nelson  replied to  bugsy @6.2.7    4 years ago

Is there a school for learning the technique? Turning everything upside down?

How can a person take pleasure in lying? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.9  bugsy  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.8    4 years ago
How can a person take pleasure in lying? 

You mean like how every 2 and 4 years democrats and liberals say if they get the black vote they "promise" to help the black community, but the day after any election, that "promise" is acted as if it never happened.

The black community has finally started to see this. That's why some polls have Trump around 30 plus AA approval rate and he is expected to get somewhere around 20 percent of the AA vote.

If that happens, democrats are done.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.10  Bob Nelson  replied to  bugsy @6.2.9    4 years ago

[removed]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.11  Sparty On  replied to  bugsy @6.2.2    4 years ago

Hey .... haters gonna hate ......

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.12  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @6.2.9    4 years ago

That bulkship about Trump's surge with black and Hispanic voters a Sub Urban Legend.

When the votes are counted Trump probably won't get more than 15% of black votes. Their leadership is still very much supporting Democrats and you shouldn't underestimate the pull Kamala Harris will have on women.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.13  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @6.2.11    4 years ago

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.14  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @6.2.13    4 years ago

Ah yes, the old peewee herman gambit .... weak sauce, very weak.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.15  bugsy  replied to  JBB @6.2.12    4 years ago
That bulkship about Trump's surge with black and Hispanic voters a Sub Urban Legend.

Are you calling a black publication wrong? Better be careful.  In some liberal circles, that would be considered racist.

A new Hill-HarrisX poll showed 24% of Black voters approve of the job Trump is doing as president, up from the 15% approval rating he received in a survey conducted Aug. 8–11 . Trump’s approval rating among Hispanics grew as well, but just 2% from the last poll which had Trump at a 30% approval rating among Hispanics.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.16  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @6.2.15    4 years ago

Trump is not polling over 15% among blacks.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.17  bugsy  replied to  JBB @6.2.16    4 years ago

So maybe you ARE calling a black publication wrong. How dare you?

Right there in black and white in 6.2.15 says, and I quote from what you apparently can't read " A new Hill-HarrisX poll showed 24% of Black voters approve of the job Trump is doing as presiden t, up from the 15% approval rating he received in a survey conducted Aug. 8–11 ".

I'm curios...Are you one of those leftists that believe blacks do not have minds of their own to make their own decisions, and should just toe the leftist line that democrats will be their saviors?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.18  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @6.2.17    4 years ago

That does not mean Trump will exceed 15%...

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.19  bugsy  replied to  JBB @6.2.18    4 years ago
That does not mean Trump will exceed 15%..

Never said he will, but if he gets anywhere near that, the game is over for Biden. Democrats cannot sustain control of much of anything with less than 90 percent of the black vote. Hillary got 91 percent and still lost.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.20  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.6    4 years ago

Playing spell check police?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.21  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @6.2.19    4 years ago

That's not what Steve Karnacki6says and so you will have to get back with us on Tuesday night late. Biden may be called early though.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.22  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.2.20    4 years ago
Playing spell check police?

Not exactly. Helping you learn, maybe. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.23  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @6.2.2    4 years ago

Oh but calling Ms. Harris Kalamity Harris is fine, eh? Just ask your buddy Dennis Smith

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.24  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.22    4 years ago

Hardly.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.25  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.2.24    4 years ago

Do you really want to insist? 

OK. 

Originally, you said "comedy relief". There is no possibility that that is a typo. It's the wrong word. Maybe you knew better and just made a mistake. Or maybe you didn't know any better.

I didn't insist. You did. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7  Sparty On    4 years ago

She doesn't know what real stones are.  

Hopefully she doesn't have to find out the hard way.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Sparty On @7    4 years ago
Hopefully she doesn't have to find out the hard way.

Class!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

"Class!"

You mean one of the things she totally lacks?

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
9  Trotsky's Spectre    4 years ago

Democrats show their teeth when chided from the LEFT.