╌>

Super Spreader

Category:  Other

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  14 comments

Super Spreader

I know about 10 people that all contracted coronavirus last week, apparently all at the same place. They play in a parish bowling league together.  These 10 people are mainly from my extended family. There are more people who got it from the bowling league, apparently, but I don't know them. 

One of my nieces and her husband got it, and they have three small children. 

It's not over yet folks. 

As far as I know, all my family members such as my brother and my nephews and nieces are doing ok. 

I dont believe anyone at the bowling league was wearing a mask or doing much social distancing. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

It was a little bit of a shock, but they seem to all be ok so far.  

Most of them are Trump supporters btw. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
Most of them are Trump supporters btw

must make for interesting family get togethers... who would of could of thought Trunmpers believing the democratic hoax would get infected by said "hoax"...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1    4 years ago

I have basically avoided talking about Trump with my brother and his adult children for the past 5 years.  There have been a few slipups but not many. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to    4 years ago
Crazy does not begin to describe the disconnect. 

Trump's LIES cost American LIVES, as how many have needlessly DIED, because some ass-whole hardheartedly LIED...,. ?

Should be charged with murder, just like the "righties" accused Hillary, and just like Trumppy accuses states of election fraud,  without ANY DAMN EVIDENCE !  Man, how DUMB can people continue to remain ? Cause "Crazy" IS INSANE.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    4 years ago

yea, was at a family function last year where Trump was an off limit subject, needless to say, i got FLAGGED

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
Most of them are Trump supporters btw. 

Yeah, sure they are.... jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    4 years ago
Yeah, sure they are.

What would you like, a signed affidavit?  John has commented about his Trump-supporting family members for a few years.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

Right before school re-opened here for in-person learning, a teacher got married.  That wedding has turned out to be a super-spreader event for our county.  Several teachers (among other guests) were infected, and enough others quarantined that school was closed again just one week after re-opening (yes, parents are pissed).  A wedding guest who works for our local Parks and Rec gave it to several people in that office.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
3  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

I hope they recover. 

I hope they think about the episode. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

I have only known one person who has contracted COVID and that's a woman at work. Who, incidentally, got it at church.

We're still having family for Thanksgiving, but the weather will be pleasant and we can be mostly outside except when it's time to eat. We shouldn't have that many people, either.

p.s.

My husband bowls on a league at the base every Thursday. However, they canceled league this year due to COVID. I'm glad they did. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    4 years ago

contracting a communicable disease at church isn't a novelty ...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @4.1    4 years ago

It sure isn't. People were warned about going to church. Apparently she ignored the warnings

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    4 years ago

I've known several people now who have had it.  Several patients - some were really sick, some a little sick, and one woman lost her sense of taste, and that's the only symptom she had.  My hairdresser is currently quarantining, because her son and husband have it.  We had to reschedule our CPR update at work, because our instructor had it - got it from his wife, who works for Parks and Rec, see my comment above.  And of course, when we did do our CPR update, we couldn't actually practice rescue breathing, cuz we were masked, and ain't no way I'm putting my mouth on a mannequin right now, anyway.