╌>

What Are Your Three Most Favourite Movie Songs

Category:  Entertainment

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  4 years ago  •  34 comments

What Are Your Three Most Favourite Movie Songs

What Are Your Three Most Favourite Movie Songs?

There is something special about movie songs, because when you hear them, if you've seen the movie, it can bring back he moments of the movie when the song was sung.  For example, you can visualize Gene Kelly dancing in the rain around the lamppost when you listen to "Singing In The Rain", or Audrey Hepburn sitting in her window with a guitar when you listen to "Moon River".   Even if you don't visualize the moment, the song could certainly bring back to mind the movie itself when you listen to a memorable movie song. 

There are so many movie songs that I like that it was hard to choose only three, but here are three of my favourite movie songs (in no particular order):

I Will Always Love You, sung by Whitney Houston in The Bodyguard

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1wt411Z7k6?from=search&seid=11412028563191637276

OIP.7n5_Jhf81aXzSntdLuLi-gHaEK?pid=Api&rs=1

(I've Had) The Time Of My Life sung by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes in Dirty Dancing

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Yt4y1q7CC?from=search&seid=7705216802610131536

movies_ss_YGKT_1485057807.jpg

My Heart Will Go On sung by Celine Dion in Titanic   (Use full screen for this video)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Rt411G71j?from=search&seid=4925887735625704988

Titanic.JPG

What are your three favourite movie songs?  Please name the songs, the performers and the movies in text, and you can also post the YouTube.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

What are your three favourite movie songs?  Please name the songs, the performers and the movies in text, and you can also post the YouTube.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

Breakfast Club - Simple Mind; Don't You Forget about Me.

Pretty in Pink - If You Leave

Batman Forever - Seal; Kiss from a Rose

Dragon
Freshman Silent
4  Dragon    4 years ago

Exodus - theme from movie Exodus

The Hills Are Alive - from Sound of Music

Glory of Love - from Beaches 

Dragon
Freshman Silent
4.1  Dragon  replied to  Dragon @4    4 years ago

Adding info requested: 

Exodus - theme from Exodus -  performed by Ernest Gold

The Hills Are Alive - from Sound of Music - performed by Julie Andrews

Glory of Love - from Beaches - performed by CC Bloom and Bette Midler 

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    4 years ago

It turns out that the early reports were wrong...all wrong

Now for that group out there that had such a hard time getting home

Sorry about that

I guess the only thing we can do is play you a song...

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    4 years ago

Godlizza!

Ender
Professor Principal
8  Ender    4 years ago

A great song, a great musician and a nod to DSKI.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9  Jasper2529    4 years ago

I have too many favorites, but these rank high on my list:

(1) "Over the Rainbow" -- The Wizard of Oz

(2) "America" -- West Side Story

(3) "Ol' Man River" -- Show Boat

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Jasper2529 @9    4 years ago

Buzz - I forgot to post the names of the singers/performers for mine.

(1) Judy Garland

(2) Rita Moreno, George Chakiris, ensemble 

(3) Paul Robeson

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jasper2529 @9.1    4 years ago

I wasn't going to push anyone for that - sometimes they're not obvious (but in you choices they were. LOL)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Jasper2529 @9.1    4 years ago

Originally, they wanted Shirley Temple for the role of Dorothy but she was under contract at another studio.  I often wondered how it would have gone if ST had played Dorothy.

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1.1    4 years ago

You weren't? 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1.1    4 years ago

There are times when the obvious isn't as obvious to some folks as one would think. That's why I've learned that the obvious needs to be explained/sourced.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.5  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @9.1.3    4 years ago

Who the performer was is not as important as my knowing what the song was and what movie it was in.  The answer you provided with no text identifying them is meaningless to me, because I'm sure you know I can't open YouTube, so perhaps I should consider the fact that you made this comment now that you had actually intended to not comply in order to taunt me.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1.5    4 years ago

Yes, that's right Buzz. I posted those videos just to taunt you. /s

Tell you what, delete them. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.7  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @9.1.6    4 years ago

Ah, since you've STILL refused to post the information I requested, your comment has just proven to me that what you did WAS intentional.. At first I wondered whether to post this article on my group rather than on a forum, but I thought that the topic was one where everyone would be considerate, however I guess I should have posted it as a group article.  I'll not delete what you've posted here, because there are a lot of courteous members and I want what you've done to remain for all to see. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.1.8  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1.7    4 years ago

You are entitled to your opinion Buzz but you made that kneejerk evaluation when you accused me in the first place. I don't view your unfounded accusation as 'courteous' or a motivation to comply with your 'request'. 

Per the CoC, if you have an issue with a post, you are supposed to flag it and REFRAIN from commenting. As author of this seed, you also have the authority to remove my comment as off topic or for failure to follow your rules. 

So PLEASE use those methods of mitigation available to you and spare me your analysis of my motivation as it's totally unfounded. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.9  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @9.1.8    4 years ago

Thank you so much for your lovely participation on my article.  What I would really appreciate, instead of being deliberately baited (I DO assume you know how to read especially when I make the instructions so very clear) is that you would not bother to comment on my articles at all. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.10  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jasper2529 @9.1.4    4 years ago

Or repeated in BOLD large font at the end of the article and then as the first comment and THEN, courteously using the word "PLEASE" and repeating it YET AGAIN as a reply to a person who "forgot", and still having it thrown back in your face.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10  JohnRussell    4 years ago

There are way more than three, but .......

GRAN TORINO - from Gran Torino 

COLORS OF THE WIND -  from Pocohantas 

THE TROLLEY SONG - from Meet Me In St Louis

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
11  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago

Dulay
Professor Expert
12  Dulay    4 years ago

Three that I like that I haven't seen mentioned:

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
12.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @12    4 years ago

Dulay, PLEASE!!!

As posted at the end of the article and is the first comment...

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
13  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    4 years ago

1) Song - Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better

a) Movie - Annie Get Your Gun

b) Performers - Betty Hutton and Howard Keel

2) Song - I'm Tired

a) Movie - Blazing Saddles 

b) Performer - Madeline Kahn

3) Song - Come A Little Bit Closer

a) Movie - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

b) Performer - A Walkman playing a variety of music and put over a loudspeaker; the song originally done by Jay and the Americans

The Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG) soundtracks are full of great music. It was a toss up between GOTG and Cars (Disney / Pixar) soundtrack.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
14  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

They Call The Wind Mariah (Harve Presnell - Paint Your Wagon).  I get chills every time I hear it.

Roses And Rainbows (Julie Budd - The Devil And Max Devlin).  It is total inspiration on how to rely on yourself for love.

Hanging On A Star (Lane Caudel - from the movie of the same name).  That song stopped me from doing a nose dive off the Golden Gate Bridge at one time.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
15  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

1. John William's theme from Star Wars.

2. Lee Marvin singing "Wandering Star" from the movie Paint Your Wagon.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
15.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @15    4 years ago

Although I was actually seeking "songs", you're not the only one who has also posted a movie theme or sound track.  Someone mentioned that a request for sound tracks article would be a good idea and I pointed out that we did one a few years ago, and she suggested that perhaps it should be repeated, so I might do that. There are some fabulous movie sound tracks, and I agree with you that Star Wars would be a top contender, as is Exodus, which was suggested above.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
15.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @15.1    4 years ago

Here is a bit of movie soundtrack trivia for you.  The album for The Bodyguard went platinum before the movie even hit the theaters.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
15.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @15.1.1    4 years ago

Actually, the song "I Will Always Love You" was not originally done by Whitney Houston. It was originally written and recorded by Dolly Parton in 1973 and rerecorded by her the early 80's for the movie Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
15.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @15.1.2    4 years ago

I remember that song from BLWIT as I saw it twice on stage.  One of two times, Charlie Daniels performed live.  It is one of my great memories.