╌>

Members of the Trump family signed off after four tumultuous years in the White House

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  17 comments

By:   Graeme Massie (The Independent)

Members of the Trump family signed off after four tumultuous years in the White House
Donald Trump JR takes to Twitter to compare President Joe Biden to Scar from the Lion King

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Graeme Massie@graemekmassie Wednesday 20 January 2021 20:10 0commentsLeer en Espanol

Ivanka Trump praised her own work for American families in a farewell message as a bitter Don Jr compared Joe Biden to Uncle Scar from Disney's The Lion King.

Members of the Trump family, who still have access to their main social media accounts unlike the outgoing president, signed off after four tumultuous years in the White House.

While the president's daughter highlighted herself on Twitter, her elder brother took a bizarre shot at the president-elect on Instagram stories, in what appeared to be an attempt to undermine president-elect Biden's presidential win.

"Remember in the Lion King when Scar cheated to win the title as king? And the pride land was overrun with the hyenas?" posted Don Jr.

"And all of the lions lost everything they had built and maintained? Just asking. No reason."

Ivanka wished Joe Biden "courage and strength" and said that she was "excited for the future" as she leaves Washington DC for Florida.

"It has been the honour of a lifetime to serve our nation as an advisor to the president. I am so proud of what we have accomplished and excited for the future," she wrote.

Observers speculate that Ms Trump could run for office, with suggestions she may go up against Florida Senator Marco Rubio in the 2022 primaries.

"The last four years have been an incredible journey. In travelling to nearly every American state and dozens of countries, I fell even more deeply in love with the American people," Ivanka also wrote.

Ms Trump and husband Jared Kushner will not return to their hometown of New York City when their roles end on Wednesday.

Instead, they have signed a deal to lease a luxurious condominium in Miami, after spending $30 million for a plot of land on the exclusive Indian Creek "Billionaire Bunker" island.

On the eve of Mr Trump's departure, Don Jr posted a picture on Instagram of his father hugging the American flag.

"Thanks dad! America owes you a debt of gratitude," he wrote.

The president's middle son, Eric Trump, posted a photo of himself with his father behind the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office to Instagram on Wednesday morning.

"It has truly been a beautiful journey...," he wrote.

Other Trump associates posted their own farewell messages. Adviser Stephen Miller, architect of some of Trump's most reviled polices on immigration including the travel ban and family separation, sent a going away note to his colleagues.

Shared by Washington Post White House correspondent Josh Dawsey, it read: "Fellow patriots - As we conclude our four years together in this hallowed home, I join you in taking immense pride and profound satisfaction in all that we have achieved for our country."

He went on to say that "this is not goodbye".

"I have no doubt we will very soon be fighting side-by-side together once more," he wrote.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Stephen Miller has retreated to an underground bunker location in a remote part of MAGAstan to continue the eternal struggle

"Fellow patriots - As we conclude our four years together in this hallowed home, I join you in taking immense pride and profound satisfaction in all that we have achieved for our country."

"this is not goodbye".

"I have no doubt we will very soon be fighting side-by-side together once more"

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    3 years ago

I didn't hear anything about the kids getting pardons. 

ContentEsteemedDuck-max-1mb.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    3 years ago

Daddy could not pardon himself so he won't do it for his kids.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1    3 years ago
Daddy could not pardon himself so he won't do it for his kids.

Even funnier than that.

Trump's remaining lawyers lied to him about the pardons to himself and his family.

White House counsel Pat Cipollone and another attorney who represented Trump in his first impeachment trial, Eric Herschmann, offered the grave warnings as Trump, his daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner listened. Other lawyers joined by telephone. They all told Trump he should not pardon himself, his family or any GOP lawmakers in a prospective manner unless he was prepared to list specific crimes.

Truth is that you do not have to list specific crimes.  Nixon was pardoned of all non-specified federal crimes between 2 dates, by Gerald Ford.  Trump could have done the same for his kids, and "TRIED" for himself as well.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.1    3 years ago

Cippilone's revenge I guess, for having his name associated with Trump. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    3 years ago
Cippilone's revenge I guess, for having his name associated with Trump. 

Don't know, but I sure got a laugh from the article.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.4  Split Personality  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.3    3 years ago

Trump Tax Law Firm Ends Work for Ex-President

The law firm that handled the tax affairs of Donald Trump and his company during his presidency said it would stop representing him and his business.

The firm, Morgan Lewis & Bockius, is currently wrangling with the New York attorney general’s office over documents related to its work for the former president’s business, the Trump Organization. Led by Democratic Attorney General Letitia James, the office is conducting a civil-fraud probe into Mr. Trump’s financial dealings.

“We have had a limited representation of the Trump Organization and Donald Trump in tax-related matters,” a Morgan Lewis spokeswoman said. “For those matters not already concluded, we are transitioning as appropriate to other counsel.”

The spokeswoman didn’t provide a reason for the firm’s decision.

Morgan Lewis joins other firms that have distanced themselves from Mr. Trump in recent days.  After the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, Seyfarth Shaw LLP said it had notified the Trump Organization it would no longer represent the company. “We are working with the company to secure new counsel for its ongoing commercial matters to ensure a smooth transition in accordance with our ethical obligations,” a Seyfarth spokesman said.

Trump Tax Law Firm Ends Work for Ex-President - WSJ

Trump’s tax lawyers cut ties as he leaves office and reports say federal prosecutors already have his records

Donald Trump ’s legal troubles began mounting before he could even step foot out of the White House on Wednesday.

Reports   indicated   early in the morning on Inauguration Day that federal prosecutors in New York had obtained some of his financial records amid an investigation into the former president and his private business.

Those records were obtained despite the Supreme Court having not yet made a decision on whether Manhattan District Attorney   Cyrus Vance Jr   can demand eight years of Mr Trump’s tax records from his accounting firm, Mazars USA.

While the district attorney’s office was still waiting for an order from the nation’s highest court on its subpoena powers,   Bloomberg News   reported the new developments meant investigators can begin verifying criminal allegations against the Trump Organization and former president.

By the afternoon, as President Joe Biden was officially sworn in as the next commander-in-chief, reports   said   Mr Trump’s team of tax lawyers were officially severing ties with him.

A spokesperson for Morgan Lewis said the global law firm was ending its relationship with Mr Trump and his business, which predated his 2015 presidential bid, according to   The American Lawyer .

Trump’s tax lawyers cut ties as he leaves office and reports say federal prosecutors already have his records (msn.com)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.4    3 years ago

Somebody knows which way the wind is blowing. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.6  Bob Nelson  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.4    3 years ago

popcorn.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

I don't ever want to hear from them again.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

I didn't realize that Ivanka had done anything.  Can someone fill me in?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4    3 years ago

she was a little skimpy with the details, wasn't she?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4    3 years ago
I didn't realize that Ivanka had done anything. Can someone fill me in?

She sold some handbags.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4    3 years ago

She violated The Hatch Act at least 8 times.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
6  pat wilson    3 years ago

"Remember in the Lion King when Scar cheated to win the title as king? And the pride land was overrun with the hyenas?" posted Don Jr.

"And all of the lions lost everything they had built and maintained? Just asking. No reason."

What is he, 9 years old ? jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  pat wilson @6    3 years ago

Remember when Capone thought he was pretty sneaky not getting busted?  When the feds could not touch him with the charges they wanted, they figured out a way...tax evasion.  It might not have been a fireworks event, but it had teeth.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
6.2  SteevieGee  replied to  pat wilson @6    3 years ago
What is he, 9 years old?

4 years older than his dad.