╌>

Tucker Carlson blames the impeachment trial on, you guessed it, Black Lives Matter

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  26 comments

Tucker Carlson blames the impeachment trial on, you guessed it, Black Lives Matter

VIDEO AT LINK

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

MeidasTouch.com
@MeidasTouch
·
11m
This is one of the most disgusting things ever aired on television
Quote Tweet
Andrew Lawrence
@ndrew_lawrence
· 33m
This is infowars shit, just a completely batshit conspiracy theory blasted into your meemaws face

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Tucker Carlson tonight said that the impeachment managers were lying, lying and lying, and it is because they want to change American society. He used Black Lives Matter as an example of this "change". 

Did BLM write the dozens of Trump tweets that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt his guilt in inciting the rioters?  

I dont think so. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
Tucker Carlson tonight said that the impeachment managers were lying, lying and lying, and it is because they want to change American society. He used Black Lives Matter as an example of this "change". 

I think you missed it. Carlson was comparing the way BLM used the death of George Floyd, (whom Carlson said Floyd probably died of a drug overdose) to get radical change (to policing) the same way the riot on Jan 6th is being used by the party now in power to enact changes it wants (I assume like cancelling all those who voted for Donald Trump).

It was fairly straight forward. Some lefty on twitter didn't like it and tried to muddy the waters.

Note: what was the cause of death for George Floyd?

"New court documents filed in the case of four former Minneapolis police officers being prosecuted for the death of George Floyd while in custody indicated the coroner found "no physical evidence . . . of asphyxiation" and a "fatal level" of the synthetic opioid fentanyl in the dead man's system.

The revelations were in memos dated May 26 and June 1 – one day and a week after Floyd died – by the Hennepin County Attorney's Office. They were submitted to the court Tuesday, a day after one of the officers, Tou Thao, requested the release of the full autopsy report, Fox's Minneapolis network affiliate   KMSP reported .

"The autopsy revealed no physical evidence suggesting that Mr. Floyd died of asphyxiation," Hennepin County Medical Examiner Dr. Andrew Baker told the prosecutor's office, according to the May 26 memo. The autopsy was incomplete, it said, pending a toxicology report. 

The June 1 memo said Baker indicated Floyd's level of fentanyl was "pretty high" and at a potentially "fatal level."

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    3 years ago

[removed]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.1    3 years ago

Did you hear about all the republicans who supported and incited the insurrection for the former occupant of the White House and his mob, couldn't be bothered with paying attention at his impeachment proceedings?

Hawley had his feet up on a chair on the second level reviewing papers.  Rand Paul was doodling.    The other traitors were doing anything but paying attention to the proceedings, especially the damning video of his mob.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.1    3 years ago
How much more Anti-American are you going to get?

Who knows?, but I am sure we are about to find out. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    3 years ago

il_fullxfull.798941424_q74i.jpg

What did the cops do when Floyd audibly gasped out that he couldn't breathe ?  Did they let him breathe? 

If the coroner says the cops didnt murder Floyd then perhaps they didnt murder him. But they killed him. He didnt rise from that street a living man did he?  Or do you think it is just a coincidence that his drug overdose killed him at the exact time a policeman was kneeling on his neck for 9 minutes? 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    3 years ago

Yep..... Make them wear it forevermore..... They couldn't care less about the people that died so they could live.  Democracy be damned. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    3 years ago
Carlson was comparing the way BLM used the death of George Floyd, (whom Carlson said Floyd probably died of a drug overdose) to get radical change (to policing) the same way the riot on Jan 6th is being used by the party now in power to enact changes it wants (I assume like cancelling all those who voted for Donald Trump).

This. Carlson did not - as the title here claims - blame the impeachment trial on BLM.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.6    3 years ago

Correct. It is a big lie.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.8  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.4    3 years ago
Or do you think it is just a coincidence that his drug overdose killed him at the exact time a policeman was kneeling on his neck for 9 minutes?

That does appear to be the case. However, it is no excuse for the behavior of the police in that incident. Their behavior was wrong regardless of whether or not George Floyd died.

There is no justification for having a restrained man continue to lay on the ground. There is no justification for the knee in the neck of a restrained man, even if - as the autopsy indicates - there wasn't much pressure being applied. There is no justification for the fact that a man is saying he can't breathe and no medical attention was sought.

All of those factors cry out for reform, even if George Floyd wasn't physically affected by any of it and he were alive today.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.9  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.8    3 years ago
That does appear to be the case.

No it doesnt. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.9    3 years ago

That's not an argument

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.11  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.9    3 years ago

Then you should maybe expand your knowledge of the investigation. I imagine you might think that way if everything you know about it came from CNN or something similar.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1.12  pat wilson  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.8    3 years ago

As evidence, it cites comments from Andrew Baker, the chief medical examiner in Hennepin County, who performed an autopsy on Floyd. But Baker didn’t say that Floyd died of a drug overdose.

The medical examiner’s office ruled that the manner of Floyd’s death was homicide. 

The cause of death, according to the medical examiner, was "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." The report goes on to say that Floyd "experienced a cardiopulmonary arrest while being restrained" by law enforcement officers.

What that means: Floyd’s heart stopped as Chauvin restrained him.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.13  Tacos!  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.12    3 years ago
Floyd’s heart stopped as Chauvin restrained him.

But not because he was restrained. I hope you read above and see that my point was that it doesn't matter to the issue of reform.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.14  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.4    3 years ago

Yeah, it's the spin version of an underlying condition.

(As some conservatives may know, most Black Americans have underlying conditions (brought on by the states of their lives) that can be looked up and exploited at the right moment. Just look for them.)

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.15  CB  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.13    3 years ago

Maybe because they were not trained medical personnel? /s

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

What bullshit!  I couldn't even get past the 30 second mark.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    3 years ago

Oh my, Sister! Gurl, I got through the whoooollee sorry and then I wanted to run down a 'rabbit hole' to get away from Tucker! This dude is unapologetically working for the big bucks. Mr. "Save The Narrative!" T. Carlson 'jobbin' to be lead in the Fox Cable News Franchise (when the slot opens up under Sean Hannity)!

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

My understanding is that Fox's ratings are down so it's time to spew more shit, scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago

They're going lower than that now - what is lower than the bottom of the barrell?

evilone
Professor Guide
3.2  evilone  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago

That's pretty much it. They lost viewers to Newsmax and OAN so Fox News fired a bunch at the actual news department and doubled down on stupid.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4  pat wilson    3 years ago

Silence of the shams

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    3 years ago

Tucker Carlson is "jobbin' for attention. Big promotions coming for the new 'it" guy or gal who has the heat that puts asses in the set top seat! Of course, he doesn't believe what he spouts- somebody help him if he does!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

My one word for Tucker Carlson - IGNORABLE.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

If you've got to lie about the contents of a clip to make it newsworthy, it's probably not newsworthy to begin with.