╌>

Lindsey Graham Ripped On Twitter Over ‘Offensive And Absurd’ Capitol Riot Claims

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  3 years ago  •  53 comments

By:   Ed Mazza, Huffpost

Lindsey Graham Ripped On Twitter Over ‘Offensive And Absurd’ Capitol Riot Claims

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

· Overnight Editor, HuffPost

Thu, February 11, 2021, 4:46 AM

Sen. Lindsey Graham  (R-S.C.) on Wednesday tried a new approach in his defense of former President  Donald Trump  amid the impeachment trial for allegedly instigating the  violent Jan. 6 attack  on the U.S. Capitol.

Graham claimed the trial was all but over and that Trump had already won, attempted to dismiss some of the most powerful evidence and even tried to shift some of the blame onto House Speaker   Nancy Pelosi   (D-Calif.).

On Wednesday, Graham said he was so confident of victory, he’d already delivered the news to Trump.

“I reinforced to the president, the case is over,” Graham said,   according to The Hill . “It’s just a matter of getting the final verdict now.”

Then, Graham dismissed the day’s powerful testimony, which   left lawmakers   on both sides   visibly shaken :

Lindsey Graham

@LindseyGrahamSC

The 'Not Guilty' vote is growing after today. I think most Republicans found the presentation by the House Managers offensive and absurd.

Copy link to Tweet

Trump summoned  the rioters to Washington on Jan. 6, spent weeks publicizing the event that would turn into the insurrection and vowed it would be “ wild .” Then, during his speech at the rally, Trump urged the crowd to march to the Capitol,  falsely promising that he’d go  with them (instead he returned to the White House).

The mob broke into the Capitol in an attempt to stop lawmakers from certifying the 2020 election, causing them to flee the chambers in the middle of the proceedings. Some rioters also broke into Pelosi’s office, terrorized her staff, stole materials and called her name in the hallways as they attempted to track her down.

But Graham suggested,   as he did last month , that Pelosi bore some blame for the attack:

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries  (D-N.Y.) said on MSNBC that it’s hard to take Graham seriously anymore.

“It’s sad,” Jeffries said. “Because during the days in which he traveled alongside John McCain he projected that he was a much different figure than the individual who he’s turned out to be.”

Graham’s critics were even more blunt as his   name began trending   on Twitter:

This article originally appeared on HuffPost  and has been updated.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47msi8b4dkqf99abn9f58ju62px6nmu0liaia5lglp&rid=giphy.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1    3 years ago

Who is Ed Mazza?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    3 years ago

Says it right here Vic - I don't know how you missed it though

· Overnight Editor, HuffPost

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    3 years ago

So it was his article. Got it.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

Another hit piece from the far leftist liberal rag that is the Huffington Post! What a surprise....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    3 years ago
Another hit piece from the far leftist liberal rag that is the Huffington Post! What a surprise....

What?  This piece is listed under columnist!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    3 years ago

Fixed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.1    3 years ago

I MADE A MISTAKE!  I CORRECTED IT AS SOON AS I REALIZED IT!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago

It is time to realize that Lindsey Graham may live out all of his old age and die eventually with his lips still attached to Trump's ass. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

It's amazing how [deleted] can have his lips so firmly planted ON tRump's ass and have his head so firmly UP tRump's ass, at the same time.

I guess that's where the spinelessness helps.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    3 years ago

removed for context

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    3 years ago
ng as someone referring to a male as both a make AND a female. as though they don't know the difference

It's been pointed out to her numerous times [before Deleted

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    3 years ago

removed for context

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    3 years ago

Maybe it has to do with [deleted having no spine?]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.4    3 years ago

so women don't have spined?

pretty misogynistic!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.3  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago
It is time to realize that Lindsey Graham may live out all of his old age and die eventually with his lips still attached to Trump's ass.

Graham, Gaetz, Paul, some others.  He's forming a human centipede.

The_Human_Centipede_Dibujo.jpg

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    3 years ago

Donald Trump is being tried for using incendiary language in a political speech addressing protesters.  That's the new precedent for a new standard.

Anyone using incendiary language to inflame unrest and discord must be held accountable.  Public speakers are responsible for riots and must be held accountable.

That's the bar that Democrats have put in place.  After this impeachment trial, people can be prosecuted for using incendiary language.  We'll see how much time passes before Democrats backslide into their own hypocrisy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @4    3 years ago

They weren't 'protesters'.  They were right wing domestic terrorists.  

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    3 years ago
They weren't 'protesters'.  They were right wing domestic terrorists.  

Repressive governments label protesters as terrorists, [removed]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Nerm_L @4.1.1    3 years ago

Repressive governments label protesters as terrorists, removed for context by charger 

The left loves to label and paint with wide brushes

The 'Not Guilty' vote is growing after today. I think most Republicans found the presentation by the House Managers offensive and absurd.
I agree. The left once again fails.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  cjcold  replied to  Nerm_L @4.1.1    3 years ago

I'm not a repressive government and I call them terrorists because there was extensive pre-planning by Trump and his violent low IQ minions.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @4.1.3    3 years ago

Can you say 'conspiracy to commit . . . . . ?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.2  pat wilson  replied to  Nerm_L @4    3 years ago
people can be prosecuted for using incendiary language.

When it causes death and mayhem, absolutely. Remember you can't falsely yell fire in a crowded theater. That's essentially what trump did.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.2.1  Nerm_L  replied to  pat wilson @4.2    3 years ago
When it causes death and mayhem, absolutely. Remember you can't falsely yell fire in a crowded theater. That's essentially what trump did.

Keep that in mind the next time there is a not-so-peaceful protest in Portland.  We'll see how far the political left's outrage goes.

I suspect that hypocrisy has a name and that name is Democrat.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.2.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Nerm_L @4.2.1    3 years ago

I don't recall seeing anyone in Portland, or anywhere else that in your words "not-so-peaceful" protest carrying Obama or Biden banners and using them to beat police with.....

I'm betting the next thing you will be trying to deflect with will be that the terrorists that visited the capitol on 6JAN21 were BLM & Antifa.....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @4.2.1    3 years ago

Your whataboutism, denial, deflection, and projection are duly noted . . . . and so tiresome

tenor.gif

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.2.4  Nerm_L  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.2.2    3 years ago
I don't recall seeing anyone in Portland, or anywhere else that in your words "not-so-peaceful" protest carrying Obama or Biden banners and using them to beat police with..... I'm betting the next thing you will be trying to deflect with will be that the terrorists that visited the capitol on 6JAN21 were BLM & Antifa.....

Terrorists engage in violence against a population to instill widespread fear and panic within the population.  Terrorists attack businesses, residences, and average people on the street.  Terrorists attempt to disrupt daily life within a population.

Protesters direct their activities toward government and not toward the population.  Peaceful protest against government or violent protest against government (insurrection) does not attack the population and is not intended to create fear and panic within the population.  A violent attack on government is intended to disrupt government and not disrupt the daily life of the population.

Now what were you saying?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @4.2.4    3 years ago

Nyet!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.2.6  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Nerm_L @4.2.4    3 years ago

Sorry you lost your train of thought Nerm....  But let me help you with the exact definition of Terrorism.....

[ˈterəˌrizəm]
NOUN
  1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch........ Why are you so willing to ignore the Trump sanctioned cop killers of 6JAN21?  Why won't you give an ounce of attention to accountability on the Trump initiated riot when I can bet you were all in on the Benghazi investigations wanting your pound of Clinton flesh.....?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.2.7  Nerm_L  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.2.6    3 years ago
the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Especially against civilians.  The definition you provided confirms my point.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch........ Why are you so willing to ignore the Trump sanctioned cop killers of 6JAN21?  Why won't you give an ounce of attention to accountability on the Trump initiated riot when I can bet you were all in on the Benghazi investigations wanting your pound of Clinton flesh.....?

Maybe because Democrats chose to celebrate protests at the Wisconsin Capitol while completely ignoring the acts of terrorism against civilians to pursue political aims.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2.8  Thrawn 31  replied to  Nerm_L @4.2.1    3 years ago
Keep that in mind the next time there is a not-so-peaceful protest in Portland.  We'll see how far the political left's outrage goes.

People have been arrested and democrats all around have condemned the violence and criminal activity. On numerous occasions. 

Honestly I don't even know what they are "protesting" anymore. Looks more to me like they are just being assholes and yelling about police brutality or something while doing it. 

Bill Maher actually had a good point on this. 

New Rule: The Baldy Awards | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) - YouTube

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    3 years ago

Two Words - Lady Bugs. Graham's whole life is a lie!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6  Gsquared    3 years ago

The most offensive and absurd thing at the Capitol at this point is Lindsey Graham.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Gsquared @6    3 years ago
The most offensive and absurd thing at the Capitol at this point is Lindsey Graham.
I see your bet, and raise you a Louie Gohmert and  M.T. Green....

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Gsquared  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2    3 years ago

I'm in.  I raise you a Josh Hawley, Kevin McCarthy and Ted Cruz.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.2.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Gsquared @6.2.1    3 years ago

I fold.....!

When a guy is showing four aces...... best not pull out the deed to the farm!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Gsquared  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2.2    3 years ago

I thought you had a pretty strong hand with Gohmert and Greene.  I was worried you might pull out a Paul Gosar and Ron Johnson.  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.2.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Gsquared @6.2.3    3 years ago

Shouldn't have worried...... we weren't playing with jokers in the deck.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.2.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2.2    3 years ago

Dude, you could have just thrown in the entire GOP and won. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Good god, how has he not suffocated yet? I mean, Lindsay slobs that knob so hard that I was certain he would have died from exhaustion by now.