╌>

Tiger Woods injured in single-car accident in Los Angeles

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  14 comments

By:   Daniel Rapaport (MSN)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA - AUGUST 09: Tiger Woods of the United States reacts to his shot from the 14th tee during the final round of the 2020 PGA Championship at TPC Harding Park on August 09, 2020 in San Francisco, California. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

Tiger Woods was hospitalized after being involved in a single-car accident in Los Angeles on Tuesday morning. The extent of any potential injuries, as well as the circumstances of the accident, remain unclear.

Woods, 45, was in California for a two-day content shoot with Golf Digest/GOLFTV after serving as host for the PGA Tour's Genesis Invitational over the weekend. Pictures surfaced on social media of Woods smiling with Dwayne Wade and David Spade at Rolling Hills Country Club on Monday, but with his movement still restricted, he did not hit balls or play any holes. The shoot involved Woods giving on-course lessons to a number of celebrities, but he mostly provided instruction and hit a few putts. He was in good spirits on Monday but did not arrive to the course for the second day of shooting.

On Sunday, Woods told CBS' Jim Nantz that he was awaiting the results of an upcoming MRI before he could ramp up practicing and training for a return to competition.

Woods last competed alongside his son at the PNC Championship, which finished on Dec. 20 in Orlando. He then underwent a microdiscectomy procedure to remove a pressurized disc fragment that was pinching a nerve. It was his fifth back surgery overall and the first since his spinal fusion in April 2017.

We will continue to update this post as more information becomes available.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Hope he is ok.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

He is in surgery right now.  He has multiple fractures of both legs.  He is also recovering from his fifth back surgery.  He is going to have a long recovery.  I wish him well.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago

oh you beat me to it on this one sis.

Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
oh you beat me to it on this one sis.

I didn't even edit out the fluff before posting.  I posted first, then went back and edited.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago

He's had a lot of bad luck over several years. His consolation is the money keeps rolling in.  Money is not everything though. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

You're right, money means squat when you don't have your health. I hope he will be ok

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    3 years ago

At least he is fortunate enough to have the financial means as his medical bills will be substantial, even with insurance.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    3 years ago

Who knows, Golf Digest just reported he was in surgery for multiple leg injuries.

ABC reports it was a roll over that required the jaws of life to extract him.

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    3 years ago

The images of the rolled over car missing its engine containment area are devastating! Wishing him the best too!

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    3 years ago

Glad he is ok.

It must really suck to not be able to play the sport you love because of injury.

(Yes I called it a sport...)

CB
Professor Principal
6.1  CB  replied to  Ender @6    3 years ago

Yet, there does come a time when one has to look at one self (Venus/Serena) and say 'Self, let's take a nice rest now!' Enjoy your accolades earned in life. Tiger Woods has done all that he can do in the golf world. Settle down! Be still. You're doing too much, maybe?

Live fast; die young(ish); leave a beautiful corpse. -attributed to James Dean.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7  Greg Jones    3 years ago

Once he's recovered, he should start a golf academy, like Annika did.

Professor Guide
7.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Greg Jones @7    3 years ago
Once he's recovered, he should start a golf academy, like Annika did.

Once he has recovered, he'll be playing again, [Deleted]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @7.1    3 years ago

Removed for context