╌>

Jane Fonda Looking Good

Category:  Entertainment

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  53 comments

Jane Fonda Looking Good

Jane Fonda turned 83 last December.  Here she is at last night's Golden Globes award show, where she received a lifetime achievement award. 

I think she looks great, and for someone 83 years old she looks kind of spectacular. 

So I wondered has she had "work done" , and although the answer includes "not lately" she has had her appearance refreshed over the years. 

We often see examples of bad facelifts and plastic surgery, but Jane Fonda appears to have had some really good doctors. 

-

related

One of the reasons we love   Jane Fonda   so much is that she’s always opted for honesty when other movie stars pride themselves on hiding behind a carefully crafted facade.

This truth telling extends to the 82-year-old’s fondness for   plastic surgery , which she recently claimed to be done with in an interview following her much talked about appearance at the 2020 Academy Awards. 

Jane Fonda’s plastic surgery includes multiple facelifts and under-eye bag removal.

At the beginning of her career, the former model decided to get breast implants (which she had removed years later), followed by a full facelift in her 40's and a second one in her 70's. 

The   Grace and Frankie   star also admitted to getting a chin lift and eye surgery, explaining that she gave her doctor strict instructions on how she wanted the end result to look. "I made sure that they kept my lines," Jane reportedly said at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival. 

Jane Fonda's Plastic Surgery Days Are Over: Here's What She's Had Done (distractify.com)

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Jane Fonda also gave a very good speech last night, about the emotional power of television and movies. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

As a Vietnam vet, I find it difficult to find anything good to say about Jane Fonda, but that's just me.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2    3 years ago
  • How Jane Fonda Explains 'Hanoi Jane': 'Regret to My Dying Day'

Jan 22, 2018  ·   Jane Fonda   has offered detailed explanations and   apologies   for the actions that earned her the nickname   “Hanoi Jane”   during   the Vietnam   War. But as Megyn Kelly made clear Monday, many Americans...

• Jane Fonda Calls Vietnam Photo 'An Unforgivable Mistake ...

Apr 02, 2013  ·   Jane Fonda   was always an outspoken opponent of the   Vietnam   War. In 1972, the Academy Award-winning actress and activist traveled to   North Vietnam   and was photographed laughing and clapping along with Vietnamese soldiers. What followed was a long-lasting wave of criticism and international outrage that earned Fonda the nickname “ Hanoi Jane.”

• 'I made a huge, huge mistake': 'Hanoi Jane' Fonda says she ...

Jan 20, 2015  · Critics dubbed   Fonda   "Hanoi   Jane " in 1972 after she visited the   North Vietnam   city during the height of the war. During the trip, she was photographed sitting on a   North  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    3 years ago

I did not use that term, you did. She knew full well what she was doing. If you were not there you lack the frame of reference to understand mine and other vets feelings regarding Ms Fonda.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  bbl-1  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2.2    3 years ago

I was there.  68-69, B Troop 7/17 Air Cavalry 3rd 506th 101st.   

Yeah well, maybe she shouldn't have sat on that 20mm AA gun.  She was young and did not think.  War is hard.  It is easy to be thoughtless in war.

On the other hand, what about all of those who voted us into war and all of those who profited immensely from that war?

Fonda was trying to show the world the terror American firepower was having on a nation that for the most part still plowed their fields with livestock.

I know what I saw.  America lost 58,000 in that damned war.  I lost a family member, a cousin in 1971, killed at An Khe.  The Vietnamese, North and South lost about four million.  Not to mention the after effects of Agent Orange, anti personnel weapons and general destruction of the land.  Some of which continues to this very day.

I was there.  My conclusion, after 20 years of thinking about it was this---------It was a war with nothing to win and everything to lose.  Over fifty years has passed and I have not changed my thoughts on this-----------period.  End of story.

Care to respond?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  bbl-1 @1.2.3    3 years ago

I actually agree with the majority of what you say. I was a young Navy Hospital Corpsman with the Marines. I came from a small town on the AZ/Mexico border and was very naive about politics. I lost any ideas about country and mom's apple pie after about three days after arriving. It became a matter of staying alive and looking out for my Marines while looked out for me. I flew as medical aircrew on USMC UH-1 Huey SAR and medevac choppers from a amphibious assault ship off the coast and saw more than my share of the horrors of war. I was the guy in the back of the aircraft trying to keep the shattered remains of humanity alive long enough to reach a proper medical facility. Sometimes with little more than my bare hands. Many made it while some did not and I am still haunted by the ones who didn't. Sorry, did not mean to ramble on . Sometimes it just slips out.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.2.5  bbl-1  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2.4    3 years ago

Thank you.   We both know from our own experience that war is hard.

So, I just feel if a nation goes to war it better well be damn worth.  You know what I mean?

My best to you and yours, always.  

Aw heck.  Go ahead and ramble.  Sometimes it's all us old gaffers have left.  lol

All of that was a long time ago.  We were young.  Time has passed.  The war is over.  The wounds must heal.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Ender  replied to  bbl-1 @1.2.3    3 years ago
It was a war with nothing to win and everything to lose

As a teenager I thought of myself as an emulation of the hippies in the sixties. Against war, etc.

Of course I was only born in the sixties, yet want to say that I do not think it as all in vain.

I think Vietnam is better off than it would have been.

Hate to say that yet yeah...

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Ender  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2.4    3 years ago

Thank You.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Kavika   replied to  bbl-1 @1.2.5    3 years ago
All of that was a long time ago.  We were young.  Time has passed.  The war is over.  The wounds must heal.

Yes, we were young and what Nam taught me was that the first casualty of war is innocence. If you don't let go of the war it will kill you.

Vietnam 61/62, 64/65.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2.9  SteevieGee  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    3 years ago

No forgiveness from the right for Jane after 50 years.  Their messiah can try to assassinate the Vice President though and it's bygones.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.9    3 years ago

Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin--all dead for a long time. Do we forgive them and pretend what they did was okay?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2.11  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.10    3 years ago

So...  Jane Fonda is as bad as Hitler?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.11    3 years ago

Tell you what---you forgive and forget about Jane Fonda if you want.

I won't ever forgive her.

I will never forget what she did.

I'll forgive and forget about her just as soon as I forgive and forget the folks who stormed the Capitol.

Which will be a very cold day in hell, indeed.

I find it odd that so many who cry at every imaginable "offense" to service members, real and imagined, are so ready to forgive and forget her merely because they like her politics.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.13  devangelical  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.9    3 years ago

no shit.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.11    3 years ago
So...  Jane Fonda is as bad as Hitler?

Perhaps you read that somewhere............but certainly not in my post. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.15  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.2.13    3 years ago

I bet some spent all their time in the military doing KP duty!  Or cleaning the latrines. . . . . 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.16  1stwarrior  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.9    3 years ago

Sorry Steevie - I don't think that the Veterans of the Vietnam conflict who were in country when Jane made her famous trip and tribute to the North Vietnamese are/were impressed with the "messiah" (poor choice of words on your part) and have not/did not choose him.  I can vouch that we have no love for her, as a person, for her actions.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.17  1stwarrior  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.12    3 years ago

Could very well be that they were/are never service members and have no clue as to her impact on their morale.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.18  1stwarrior  replied to  bbl-1 @1.2.3    3 years ago

Welcome home.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.19  1stwarrior  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.15    3 years ago

Sure they did Tess - all the while dodging "incoming" and hoping like hell they make it their last week before going back to the Big O - which, unfortunately, many didn't as they were killed by "incoming" while cleaning those latrines/cooking that last meal.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.20  Tessylo  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.19    3 years ago

I wasn't referring to you.  Why did you feel the need to take it personally?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.21  Texan1211  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.17    3 years ago

I see what you are saying, but one does not have to be a service member to recognize how wrong what she did was.

It just takes a modicum of common sense and decency.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.22  1stwarrior  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.20    3 years ago

Tess - I'm not taking it personally. 

Just know/knew some of those folks who, while doing their "secondary duties", who were killed by the rockets/mortars/sniper fire and some of them were only days away from going home after their 13 months or more.

Unfortunately, there were a lot of senseless deaths.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.23  Tessylo  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.22    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Jane Fonda did nothing wrong yet some won't let it go.  .  . their problem . . . who gives a shit?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.24  Texan1211  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.22    3 years ago
Just know/knew some of those folks who, while doing their "secondary duties", who were killed by the rockets/mortars/sniper fire and some of them were only days away from going home after their 13 months or more. Unfortunately, there were a lot of senseless deaths.

Agreed.

And Hanoi Jane did nothing to help US troops from getting killed.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.25  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @1.2.8    3 years ago

I was luckier than a lot of others in that I learned early on to control my inner demons rather than let them control me. I was blessed with the love of a good woman who stuck with through the bad times and the good times.  My late wife held me in the dark of the night many times when the nightmares came. She stayed with me when others probably would have walked away. Without her I probably would have been just another statistic. I miss her terribly.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.26  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  bbl-1 @1.2.5    3 years ago

My thanks and thank you for your service.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.27  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.9    3 years ago

Imo forgiveness is a earned commodity. Seems she timed her apologies to affect lower popularity ratings when people brought up her past. She has not earned mine, but I fully realize I don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Again just my personal opinion. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.28  Kavika   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2.25    3 years ago

Yes, you were lucky to have her, and her support and love. Holding on to the war is a sure way to kill yourself one way or the other, I watched a couple of my buddies do just that. I don't hate Fonda for what she did because holding that hate will destroy one from the inside. Vietnam still is a very contentious subject that I rarely talk about because if you weren't there, there is no real understanding of the effects on someone that was there. 

Some chose to hate Fonda, I chose not to, it does nothing to help with the memories when they come, and they do come. At night from a dream, or from a smell, noise, or movement they are never really gone for good so hating her for that seems foolish at best. 

Waanakiwin (peace)

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.29  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @1.2.28    3 years ago

I can't say I hate Jane Fonda, but I certainly don't like her very much and there is a difference. Hate is a commodity that can destroy just as much as a cancer does. 

Vaya con Dios amigo.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.30  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.17    3 years ago

Certainly not many in the last two generations.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.31  Kavika   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2.29    3 years ago

Que quede con el.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.32  MonsterMash  replied to  bbl-1 @1.2.3    3 years ago
Yeah well, maybe she shouldn't have sat on that 20mm AA gun.  She was young and did not think. 

Jane was 34 at the time, far from being "young"

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

I love her hair style and color.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    3 years ago
If you were a conservative you would "cancelled" for saying that. 

There are so many older Hollywood stars who look way over the hill. Jane Fonda looks ready for another 20 years. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.1  MonsterMash  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago
Jane Fonda looks ready for another 20 years. 

She'll be a fine-looking corpse.

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    3 years ago

I think she looked better a couple of years ago. Now she is starting to get that fake look. She look fantastic just several years ago.

Her plastic surgeon is a genius.

One can definitely see good and bad work. Her surgeon was excellent while the one that did Priscilla Presley should have been kicked out of the profession.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  JBB  replied to  Ender @3    3 years ago

Micky Roark's face looks painful. Jane Fonda was also blessed with her father's photogenic bones...

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Ender  replied to  JBB @3.1    3 years ago

Whoever did him should be tarred and feathered. He looked like he had a face transplant.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JBB @3.1    3 years ago

after plastic surgery Kenny Rogers looked like a completely different person

kenny-rogers-plastic-surgery-disaster.jpg

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  JBB @3.1    3 years ago

Damn - Mickey's starting to look like the Bizarro Superman - gggeeezzzzz.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    3 years ago

If you hadn’t told me it was Jane Fonda, I probably wouldn’t have guessed. But then I’m not really a fan.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @5    3 years ago

I never really liked her until later in life.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6  MrFrost    3 years ago

I don't really have an opinion of her as a person but she does still look good for her age. Another older lady that still looks fantastic is Lynda Carter. 

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1  Ender  replied to  MrFrost @6    3 years ago

She was always my Angel pick.

Edit that...Never mind.

I was thinking about...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

I could never understand the reason for the war in Vietnam other than to make fortures for the weapons manufacturers.  Was America afraid Vietnam was going to invade the USA?  Sending young American men and women to the other side of the world to survive, and so many didn't, under fire in a jungle different from any environmlent they ever knew for WHAT?  Why?  What did America gain as compared to what it lost?  Prestige?  I doubt that.  

zuksam
Junior Silent
7.1  zuksam  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    3 years ago

The US government felt it had to fight Communism because they were arming and aiding revolutionaries all over the world. It's easy to say the Vietnam War was wrong but we don't know what would have happened if we hadn't fought all those wars against Communism. Who knows how many other countries would have become Communist if we hadn't resisted, we forced them to spend their resources in Korea and Vietnam. If we hadn't those same resources would have allowed them to take all of Asia, Africa, and South America with little resistance and with each conquest their power would have grown. If the Free World had ignored the Communists their Conquests would have made Hitler's look like Amateur Hour and once they dominated three continents we would have been next with little chance of winning. Imagine what the World would look like today. China certainly wouldn't have made economic reforms they only did that because they were falling behind the West as it is now not as it would have been under a Communist World Order. I'm not a big Pro Vietnam War guy but I'm smart enough to know that the Munitions the Communists expended in Korea and Vietnam were more than enough to Conquer the Third World Counties of Asia, Africa, and South America in the 50's 60's and 70's if we hadn't intervened and I'm quite sure that's what they would have done if left unchecked.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  zuksam @7.1    3 years ago

Yeah, God forbid that the world could have been like China is today, eh?  Your opinion that China would not have made the economic reforms it did is opinion only.   

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Could Jane Fonda ever look bad?